Speaker 1: It's Tuesday, which means it's your Awkward Tuesday podcast on a second Date update. I mean, Awkward Tuesday for us is really kind of like Second Date in that it's relationship oriented, but it could be any relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but today we do have a boyfriend and a girlfriend that are having issues.
Speaker 3: We do, which you know, it's always good when they call it radio station to talk, they call them communicate.
Speaker 2: If I was dealing with what this guy was dealing with, I would have lost.
Speaker 3: It a lot sooner than he did a lot sooner.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna hear that in just a second, but I love to highlight your comments. Yes, Libby said, I only listened to you guys in the car, and no, I'm not changing it for anyone.
Speaker 3: Do you think she listens to the podcast or the radio in the car. I don't know, you know. I read it first as radio, and then I'm like, maybe not, maybe not. That's so interesting we are on the radio. You guys know that as well. All right, let's get into your podcast. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: Imagine thinking you just won the lottery, only to find out two months later it was a weird computer glitch and you actually won nothing, No way. That's what it's like getting hired to work in radio.
Speaker 5: Yay.
Speaker 4: Oh wait a second, Oh.
Speaker 3: Come on, Jack, I love working with us.
Speaker 4: Sure, but there is one non radio person who understands the feeling all too well. Because our listener thought his girlfriend was planning the most epic birthday trip for him of all time wow, until one text message shattered everything. Oh no, and now he needs our help not to save the trip, but possibly to save his relationship. You're gonna hear it in a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Next, It's awkward.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Do you like it when a significant other makes a big deal about your birthday, like, goes through the effort to plan things for you, buys your nice presence, does a big surprise. Yes, I mean Brooks says she loves it, unless the surprise is a barbershop quartet.
Speaker 3: Was unpumpy. Okay, that was.
Speaker 4: Not cool fun, But there are contingencies to the surprise.
Speaker 2: Clearly well, four weird old men standing behind me singing in a radio studio.
Speaker 3: It's not my idea of a good time.
Speaker 4: Kind of an inside joke. But if you didn't know a while ago, Brook's husband organized that for her on the show, and she absolutely despised it.
Speaker 2: Dude, just making eye took contact with people that are singing to you is just too much.
Speaker 3: I wish I was here for that.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I bring it up because one of our listeners, Kroy, is having a birthday soon and his significant other was making a big deal about it. Emphasis on was because it sounds like maybe things have changed.
Speaker 6: Croy.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm sorry. When's your birthday? It's coming up?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeahry of Birthday's coming up in two weeks.
Speaker 1: Your trouble is literally dirty thirty like a fun way.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, So what made you email the show for help about your birthday? Something with you and your girlfriend? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, so my uh, I've been seeing my girlfriend Chrissy for two years now, and months ago she started making a big deal about how she wants to go over the top for me for my thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 6: That's awesome, great girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah what does that mean though.
Speaker 5: Well, it means that she got me an early birthday present, which was a really nice watch. Oh and in addition to that, for the actual birthday, she booked us a trip to the Bahamas.
Speaker 3: Wow, yay, my god.
Speaker 4: You didn't take the watch as like kind of an insulting present.
Speaker 3: Though, Wait, what do you mean like you're running out of time? You're in thirty Yeah, you're never on time for stuff on time?
Speaker 4: Thought, now you're getting old times running out. You didn't read it like that symbolic.
Speaker 5: No, maybe if it wasn't as nice a watch as this, But I mean I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 4: Are you calling me?
Speaker 5: Old? Wait?
Speaker 2: Are you calling and there's a like you have an upcoming Bahamas trip right?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, but I mean even more than that, it's not just the watch of the Bahamas trip. She even showed me that she splurged on the hotel room too, like we have a super nice view of the ocean. That's amazing. She bought us outfits for the trip to where when we go out?
Speaker 3: So wait, where's the problem come in?
Speaker 5: So the problem comes in that last week she tells me that she had to return my watch. What wait? What?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And I was like, oh why, I really like this watch. It's really nice. And she said, I know, but maybe we'll get you a different one later. Oh, And I was like, what does that mean? And she was like, I don't really want to talk about it.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I immediately think maybe she overspent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, like is it sounds like she was just going nuts, like the hotel room and the trip and the watch, and then she got the credit.
Speaker 3: Card bill and she's like, wait a minute, I went too far.
Speaker 4: And we could do with that with a watch, but we'll still do the vacation.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well my thoughts are worse because after that happened last week, she texted me yesterday saying that she had to cancel the trip.
Speaker 4: What no, now Bahamas are off the table too. Yes, what are you thinking?
Speaker 5: I think she's planning to break up with me?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Really, come on, stay, No, she's not playing to break up with you. You're a good guy.
Speaker 2: Wait out the breakup, though, wouldn't she just because she wants to get the refund first?
Speaker 3: Maybe she doesn't want to spend the money.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I would feel the same because why why else would you do that?
Speaker 4: Like why Genji's rebook?
Speaker 3: You can't do Cleveland instead of like the Bahamas.
Speaker 4: He's sure even if it is too expensive. You can find it more affordable.
Speaker 3: I think, more than anything.
Speaker 2: Why no explanation? Why isn't she telling you? Have you asked her what's going on?
Speaker 5: When I kept asking her why, she was like, oh, we'll do a different thing. We'll do a different thing later later. And she usually brings things up to me if something's on her mind or whatever, but this has been different, and I'm like, I can't think of anything other than she's gonna break up with me, and I don't know why. I have no idea. Why.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's tough. Like I think i'd be pissed.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 2: If I'm just thinking if my boyfriend gave me these big, grandiose.
Speaker 3: Things and then took them away, I'd be like what the hell?
Speaker 2: Like I would probably be the one thinking about dumping them, to be honest, no, you got to.
Speaker 3: Be taking it back to playing something better, to take away presents that have already been gifted.
Speaker 4: Is that your suggestion to him right now? He should dump her first before she dumps him.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Well maybe what she has to.
Speaker 5: Say, well, I'm not that shallow, and really I'm just more concerned about our relationship here that's good.
Speaker 3: That's good. You seem like a really good guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, aside from taking away all your birthday presents and canceling your birthday trip and then not communicating about her feelings about why. Is there any other red flags in the relationships?
Speaker 5: Yeah? None that I can think of.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, then we need to help you figure out what the heck is going on? Yes, with your girlfriend and your birthday plans coming up. There has to be an explanation.
Speaker 5: I need her to open up and tell me, because it seems like anything I say she quickly just closes it down. She doesn't want to talk about it at all anymore.
Speaker 6: We could just call it bunch like Chuck e cheeses and see if there's any bookings.
Speaker 3: So she could still be planning a surprise.
Speaker 6: There's a surprise from the surprise.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It seems like the birthday is like far away in her mind too, like like she's not even planning anything anymore, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we have a mission now to find out why after your girl friend booked a vacation for your thirtieth birthday and got you an expensive watch, she took it all back with zero explanation. We'll try to get you some answers in your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Next, it's awkward, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: What are the subtle red flags from a significant other that show they're attempting to break up with you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, maybe if they change your Netflix profile name to just the word guest. That's not a good sign screen. Or if you find a PowerPoint presentation on their computer about why you should start seeing other people.
Speaker 3: Oh, that very specific.
Speaker 4: It's a red flag, but not saying it's totally over yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could have helpful information to it.
Speaker 4: And the only thing our listener Kroy has noticed from his girlfriend are she's returned his birthday gift without asking him, canceled his birthday vacation, and hasn't been communicating about why she's doing these things or really wanting to talk to him about it at all. So not great, but that's why he's come to us looking for advice on how to finally get his girlfriend to just be honest and tell him what's going on. Yes, Brook, Kroy needs you right now and your wisdom. What do you have to say to Kroy.
Speaker 5: To help you. Man.
Speaker 3: I am just like you, Kroy.
Speaker 2: I always go to worst case scenario, like I fall down that rabbit hole of this is going to the most terrible thing ever.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping there was some advice on so that is.
Speaker 3: Well, that is the advice.
Speaker 2: You can only go up from there, you know, Like like my mom used to tell me before i'd like try out for a team or apply from a job, She'd be like, you're not gonna get that.
Speaker 3: You probably won't get that, And then when I did, it was so exciting. So maybe assume she's cheating on you too. Yeah, yeah, talking alexis.
Speaker 4: You've already hit rock bottom.
Speaker 6: Croy.
Speaker 4: That must feel good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not. I can't say I'm rolling with that advice because I didn't even think about her cheating on me, and now I'm kind of spiraling.
Speaker 2: Oh oh wow, so you're gonna so there we go.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Jose, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know a ton about women. Shocking, Okay, I'm assuming if you want one to open up to you, you want to give her like food and wine. But you're not with her right now, You're not in the same location.
Speaker 3: Are you going to give me the food and water.
Speaker 6: Tell her you love her, and then don't talk. Just see what she says. She may feel guilty and open up. She may double down and say I love you forever.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I just toss out and I love you and read the vibe from her reaction. What do you think of that, Croy?
Speaker 3: That's what I should have said.
Speaker 5: I can figure out a way to read that in yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I love you to your girlfriend of two years.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a tough one.
Speaker 4: Somehow I'll figure out a way to drop the l arm on her. But I think that's actually good advice, Jose.
Speaker 2: And when she doesn't say anything back to you or says thank you, it's okay man.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: We're running out of time, though, so we just got to start dialing your girlfriend, Chrissy and see if she answers. Croy, You've got this.
Speaker 5: Man, Okay, I'm ready, guys. Let's do it all right, man.
Speaker 4: I'm a dollar number right now. We'll be waiting quietly to jump in if you need help.
Speaker 5: Here we go. Hello, Hey, hey baby, it's me babe. Where are you calling me from? I'm just I'm just calling from another number. As all I wanted to know if I could talk to you real quick for a second. Of all, I'm kind of busy right now. Can we talk about when I get home? Uh? Well, you've been busy like the last three days. I've barely seen yourn to you like at all. I just need two minutes, okay, just two minutes please, Okay, okay, okay, okay. So here's the deal. I love you, Okay, that's why you called me. Well, I'm just getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach because of the way you've been acting the last month. I don't know what you're talking about. Okay. You gave me that nice watch and then you gave it back without asking me. Isn't that a little weird? I mean, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to tell you, okay.
Speaker 5: And then you book us the trip of a lifetime for my birthday and get me excited about it, and then text me yesterday saying that you canceled it. I don't know what to say, Chrissy, are you about to break up with me? Look? Something happened and I don't know how to tell you. Okay, Okay, Well listen, I'm here for you. Okay, I love you. Tell me what's going on? Please?
Speaker 4: Well, you know the watch I got it was pretty expensive.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe you don't know, but it was. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: The trip my box was pretty pricey.
Speaker 5: Okay. Well I didn't ask you to spend that money. You wanted to spend the money, I know, and.
Speaker 6: I thought I could afford it because I was using Apple Bay.
Speaker 3: Oh no, okay, did you know that's real money?
Speaker 5: Like I just thought it was like Apple points I earned by using my iPhone. It's like I'm stupid.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Oh hello, hi Chrissy.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Oh sweet girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chrissy, Hello, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 4: It's my job to tell you right now that you're on a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning and we're doing something called the awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 5: I'm really sorry, Chrissy. I didn't know. I didn't know how else to get you to talk about this. I had to go to the radio and Ed had the radio. That's why I'm calling from a different number because I didn't know what was going on. Just ask me at home.
Speaker 3: No, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's way better than what he thought, I said, Jackie only was up.
Speaker 4: No, it's I didn't know apple Pay was using real money because I'm an idiot, because I was an Android person for so long and I just chased over six months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you connect your credit card to I'm sorry you didn't think apple pay was real money.
Speaker 4: What did you think it was?
Speaker 5: But I thought I was earning like Apple points. It's like taking American dollars from your credit card.
Speaker 3: That's why your.
Speaker 2: Credit card pops up when you press it, right.
Speaker 6: I just thought there was a deposit to have, just some case, Okay, to make sure you have an active bank account.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: Adulting's hard and we're not all taught the lessons that we should be taught before being sent out.
Speaker 3: To the real world.
Speaker 4: Okay, we don't need to come descend.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to be condescending. I've tried to make her feel better.
Speaker 5: Babe. You thought that for using your iPhone for six months, you got enough Apple points to buy a nice watch and a trip to the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Well, I use it every day.
Speaker 3: I mean I like her point system better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't believe.
Speaker 5: You put me on the rating.
Speaker 3: You could have just asked me.
Speaker 5: Now everybody knows how stupid I am.
Speaker 3: No, no, wait, you just had an airhead moment. We've all had them before.
Speaker 5: Funda. This is a lot better than what I thought was happening. And I thought you canceled all those things because you were trying to break up with me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I just didn't know how to tell you because it's like the dumbest thing I've ever done, and I was really dumb, and now you just put me on blast to the.
Speaker 4: World like, yeah, well, he's not trying to put you on blaster or do anything. It's he only came to us for help because he was trying to ask you about it, and you kept saying we'll talk later or you're too busy. The good news is this is all finally out in the open. There's solutions. It sounds like you've figured things out about how Apple pay actually works.
Speaker 3: And what a sweet girlfriend to even plan that stuff to begin with.
Speaker 5: He's the best girlfriend ever. I really really love her, you guys.
Speaker 4: With that comment, he just heard himself some boyfriend points there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I fill that bucket, buddy, which are different than American dollar points.
Speaker 4: Yes, so you know you can't buy much.
Speaker 5: It's kind of crypto.
Speaker 4: So listen, Chrissy, CROI, both of you. You can go back to planning the thirty its birthday, something a little bit more in your budget. But don't be upset with each other.
Speaker 5: M Oh, I'm not upset. I'm not upset at all. This is the best. This is great.
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 5: This is very embarrassing, but I will get over it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Chrissy, look at it this way. A wise old radio host once told me this is your rock bottom. It can only get better. It actually does.
Speaker 1: Working Jeffrey in the morning, There's.
Speaker 4: Got to be some people listening to this right now who just had the exact same realization that Apple Pay isn't rewards points for using your cell phone. It's actual, real American dollars.
Speaker 6: Some kid is like, I'm about to be in so much trouble.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm gonna tell you my kids don't even have phones yet, but I'm still gonna go home and show them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's real money. I mean, Alexis Starbucks uses this where you can earn Starbucks points and earn and get free drinks. Why wouldn't Apple do the same exact.
Speaker 3: Thing, right, you're right.
Speaker 5: I don't know talking.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think our podcast should have a reward system where for every three awkward Tuesdays you listen to, Brooke will give you one dollar straight out of her son's piggy bank.
Speaker 3: It seems like A does not do that part singing.
Speaker 4: Everyone subscribe and earn free money stolen from Brook's children. I think it's a it's wherever you get your podcasts that Brook and Jeffrey