Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you aby, I'm good. I've been cleaning out my house in the new year. Look what I found?
Speaker 1: What? What is it?
Speaker 2: I found the electronic full House game. This is like a game Boy. What have you ever seen this before? I have seen it, but I not in a while.
Speaker 3: It's been not in a while. I forgot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what could you possibly play?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What could what is the goal of the game, Well, it's to me, it's to from what I can tell, I don't have the instructions right.
Speaker 3: But by the way, for those of you listening to describe this, it is it's sort of like the pre cursor to a game boy, because it's it's before they had individual games that you could like put into the thing, or maybe they had him, but you could buy like separate little games for shows that they, you know, made merch out of or whatever.
Speaker 1: And this one is a full house game.
Speaker 2: It is all of.
Speaker 3: The fantastic pink, blue, yellow, eighties early nineties that you could imagine. And it's got a picture of Steph and DJ and Michelle and then another picture of Michelle on the side. So I feel like you're getting Michelle to do something. Yes, is that Okay.
Speaker 2: The object of the game is to move Michelle back and forth across the screen and you have to tie.
Speaker 1: In the day. Wow, this is high tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to say, I've got little buttons over here.
Speaker 3: You have, but it's like pixelated, you know, like a like it's it's yeah, it makes pac Man look advanced.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's only one scene. There's like a there's like a checkered blue floor, which I guess was like the checkered blue couch. And to move Michelle back and forth and time time it so that she high fives her sisters at the exact right moment, and then she sees Danny and she throws trash into the trash can. And you earn points depending on if you do this at the right time, Like if you miss if Michelle the girls in my hide, you didn't get those points.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 3: Paung And you have to like move the thing across so that it hits in the right you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I didn't realize. I didn't remember I had this, and then I didn't know if it worked, and all I had to do was change the batteries. It works.
Speaker 1: It's now you've been playing it for three days.
Speaker 2: I've been doing nothing but that.
Speaker 3: You've been doing nothing but playing the full house game and you've lost an entire day.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's you.
Speaker 2: Jensen has this, but he bought it on eBay for one thousand dollars, right, and it's in his dove.
Speaker 3: He has a picture of it on a T shirt that he bought for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That was a vintage T shirt, is what it was.
Speaker 2: Very action dare you? How dare you? But I also am putting in a two hundred dollars off up again. All right bye? Oh I love this, I love all of the swag.
Speaker 3: I love this amazing. It's just I've got some cleaning out to do. I'm this spring. I am having some horn home organizers come to my house. You've come here before, great from tidy style home, and I'm going to have them do my garage because it's scary, scary, it's scary, and I know there's some full house stuff in there and so like so I kind of want to, you know, I haven't sorted through a lot of it in a while. And yeah, it needs some it needs some love because the garage used to be under control and now it's slowly creeping forward that happens, but certain closer to where you're like, oh no.
Speaker 2: There's no room. That happens with kids, then you have all of your stuff from your childhood, and then all of your kids.
Speaker 3: The kids stuff, and yeah, and when Mescal moved from New York, he has all his stuff and he's you know, got a ton of tools and so yeah, the garage is crazy.
Speaker 2: And you can't just throw stuff out because you might be thrown out good full house.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: What it makes me wonder though, is with all of the stuff in the garage that they just turned into I mean, they must be playing paying storage fees in San Francisco like you wouldn't believe.
Speaker 1: Oh for all of the Tanner stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh just because that decord.
Speaker 3: All the garage that was you know, full of stuff has been turned into Joey's rooms.
Speaker 1: So where's all the stuff?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean maybe they put it in the gigantic attic that apparently can also be turned into a living space.
Speaker 2: That's true. I bet it's all in the attic right now, right until that becomes.
Speaker 3: Until that comes out, then they start paying for separate storage.
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah, it's true. And I don't recall, we haven't had a Christmas episode yet, so I don't know if Danny goes all out for Christmas and decorates the way DJ does in Fuller House where she goes all out for Christmas.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I think so I feel like I feel like we I mean, I seem to remember some fairly large trees.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so yeah we Danny needs a large attic to store all of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, luckily he's got one that can fit an entire family of four. So yeah, yeah, we shall we get into this episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's get into the episode you've been waiting for because you watch it's just sort of been a million weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I watched it a million weeks ago, and I keep thinking that we're on it and it's not.
Speaker 1: So we're finally here.
Speaker 2: We're here, Welcome back to how Rude Tannerito's I'm Andrea.
Speaker 4: Barber and I am Jodie Sweeten, and today we are finally discussing season two episode five, entitled Jingle Hell. Can we just say though that we used hell in a show title? And I, I mean, you know me, I don't have a problem with that, right, But I find for full house, like I I you know, and again, we've had much more like innuendo jokes and things like that. I always thought it was a much more like sanitized version of stuff.
Speaker 1: But apparently I thought hell hell was fine in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Who knew well And you even said you say the word hell like if in last season season one didn't it was part of your line all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's which you know.
Speaker 3: I again, I personally don't have a problem with but I feel.
Speaker 2: Like Janie Sweeten does. For sure. Janna Sweeten does not like the title.
Speaker 1: Of not now she's given up. But I mean, I don't know. I mean I feel like hell is a it's a descriptor. It's not a bad you know. Yeah, that's sort of on the cost I'm showing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna when well, I'm sure I'll get hate mail for that one. But yeah, I don't see. I don't think hell is a bad word. But anyway, that's me.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: There's far worse words they could have chosen, So hell it's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, definitely one of the seven you can't stay on television?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Well, this originally aired on November eleventh, nineteen eighty eight, and it goes a little something like this. Joey becomes Jesse's jingle writing partner when they team up to create a cat food ad, but things don't go according to plan. In addition, DJ and Stephanie get into a fight and Michelle is ready to potty train. There's a lot going on in this episode at It's.
Speaker 1: A lot happening.
Speaker 2: This episode was directed by Peter Baldwin and it was written by Dennis Rinsler and Mark Warren, two very familiar names who stayed with us for the rest of the run of the series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah they do.
Speaker 2: They are great, great gentlemen. I have fond memories of them. Yeah. Love that. Okay, So we have two guest stars this week. We have Nathan Nishiguchi back as Harry Takeyama. Love these kids so much, so great, He's such a great character. And we have Stacey Alden as the secretary. She played Marsha Marsha. She played someone in Nightmare on Elm Street three and she appeared unmarried with children. She has an actor since nineteen eighty nine. Okay, huh, that's a trend here. Like Nathan hasn't acted since.
Speaker 3: Ye we really just just put people right out of the business.
Speaker 1: And they were like, yeah, I'm you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've worked with animals and children and now I don't want to do the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, killing the dream full house since nineteen eighty nine, since.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We open with our cold open in DJ and Stephanie's room. DJ is flipping through a magazine and she's asking Michelle, isn't Patrick Swayzey cute here? It is?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 1: Is he was mentioned again? I knew it.
Speaker 2: This is the second episode in a row where we talk about just how hot he is and he deserves it, Matt Patrick Swayzey.
Speaker 1: This was. This was like peak Dirty Dancing.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, Patrick swayzee was. He was every time he and I also hear he was like a pretty awesome human, Like I just uh yeah, yeah, great love for Patrick Swayzey.
Speaker 2: Yep, nothing but love. And there's just nothing hotter than a man who can dance.
Speaker 3: Oh well, a fabulous dancer. Mike got a fabulous dancer.
Speaker 2: Love it, love it. I'm gonna go watch Dirty Dancing right after we're done. Recording. Okay, So Michelle opens her mouth wide in disbelief. DJ chews her gum and blows a big bubble, and Michelle pops the bubble and tells her it's funny.
Speaker 3: That was something that Ashley and Mary Kate we're doing at the time you were popping.
Speaker 1: They were popping people's bubbles on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were obsessed with that. I do remember that.
Speaker 3: Yes, And they would always be you know, if you were chewing gum or you had something, they'd come up and like touch your mouth, what happy? Right?
Speaker 2: Well having? Yeah, they were very obsessed with what was what you were eating in your mouth? Yeah, or putting all They would put olives on their fingers, do you remember, Yes, they would put olives on my finners.
Speaker 1: Yes, olives on my finners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so cute. So DJ shakes her head and smiles as she tells Michelle not funny. Michelle utters a yeah, and then she kind of looks at her hand that's all sticking out after popping the bubble, and that's it. That's the whole cold open. It's very short.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's very short.
Speaker 2: They're just like, okay, there there's no time for storytelling in these cold open.
Speaker 3: No, it's just a it's a just a cute Michelle moment. I find the that's what the TEASER's cold open seems.
Speaker 2: To be, and that's that's the running scene here. It's always a Michelle Michelle.
Speaker 1: It's just a Michelle related little moment.
Speaker 2: Babies are cute. Everybody loves babies and what they're doing. And now we're kind of you know, you can see us getting closer and closer to the ulsin Mania that is to come in later seasons for sure. Okay, so we opened the show for real. In Jesse's room, Jesse is wearing glasses, which makes him look very serious for Jesse Cazopolis. He's playing the piano and singing a very beautiful, heartfelt song. There is crumpled paper and takeout boxes all around him, proving that he's been hard at work, and the camera pans to a sign that reads Fred's Tire Town. Jesse yells and frustration when he realizes he's singing to a tire. He starts to beat himself up, saying out loud, come on, this is your job. Think think, He reminds himself. You don't kill bugs anymore. You write advertising jingles you've sold one one and he scratches his head in frustration, just like John does in real life. Head scratcher this. Yeah, he never stopped doing that, you know, deep in thought or frustrated, just to scratch your head.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Jesse convinces himself he needs inspiration, so he looks to the poster of Sammy Davis Junior and he.
Speaker 1: Which is a change.
Speaker 3: We've moved slightly out of Elvis and now we're moving more into which is evident also in his suits and things, moving more into rat pack era Sinatra.
Speaker 1: You know, uh, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a picture of the rat pack?
Speaker 1: Is this my?
Speaker 2: Everyone? I hope this isn't my everywhere you look, but there's a picture of the rat pack behind him. He's added some things to the decor in his room.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Jesse's talking to the poster and he's begging my main man, speak to me. There's a knock at Jesse's door and steph walks in, announcing it's me, Stephanie Tanner. She walks in with Harry announcing to uncle Jesse, this is my friend Harry. Jesse says Hi, and Harry happily says, hi, uncle Jesse. Steph tells Jesse that Harry is in her class. He sits next to the cran bin. WHOA, that's very impressive.
Speaker 3: It's very Yeah, the crayon bin is. I mean, it's the place, it's really the hotspot to be.
Speaker 2: It's where all the cool kids.
Speaker 1: Yea, it's where all the cool kids hang out.
Speaker 2: And Jesse obviously preoccupied, he tells Harry. Yes, that's very impressive. He sits back down at the piano and tells the kids he has two hours to write a jingle for Fred's Tire Town, so they need to let him work. Steph happily saved.
Speaker 1: It till the last minute.
Speaker 2: I know, right, how much time did he have to write this thing? He's definitely he's definitely got a brain fog happening here. Yeah, Steph tells him, I can help in school. I wrote a poem about milk, and Harry says, yeah, it made me want a cookie real bad.
Speaker 3: He is just my number one like, yeah, go, Steph.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody needs a Yeah, he is your number one supporter, you're cheerleader. I just really really is so much so, Jesse explains to Stephanie, I'm involved in the creation of a very sophisticated musical composition. Let's see if this sparks anything. He starts singing the first part of his jingle, and Steph adds her own flare, singing It's a very very very very very very very very very very nice place, and Harry shakes his head in disbelief, announcing she's done it again.
Speaker 3: He really is like just Steph's hype man.
Speaker 1: He's great.
Speaker 2: Steph can do no right in Harry's eyes. So Jesse thanks Stephanie for trying, and then pushes the children out of the room so he can continue managing his brain block. Immediately, Joey walks in carrying Michelle. Jesse groans he can't get a moment of peace, but Joey has big news. Michelle just said poo poo appropriately you know.
Speaker 1: It's appropriately enough.
Speaker 3: Dave is the one that announces this fact. And also that's our nickname for days. Yeah, and he calls us poopoo.
Speaker 2: We all, yeah, we're all poopoop.
Speaker 1: When he said this, I just laughed.
Speaker 2: This is the origin. This is the origins.
Speaker 3: Is this where it came from? We all just started calling each other poop poo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, so Jesse very sarcastically says, well, thank you for sharing that with me. Joseph and Joey emphasizes this kid is not all talk. First she said it, then she did it. I called Danny at work and he said, it's a sure sign that Michelle is ready for potty training.
Speaker 4: Woo.
Speaker 2: She's very impressive. I feel like Michelle's very young for potty training, or maybe I just waited too long time toddler, Yeah, I too, wish she even two yet, I don't. I figured I thought she was like eighteen months, but maybe she's closer to her till.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got it. I think she's closer to two in real life.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've obviously watched season one right into season two, so it feels a little shorter for us. But she's yeah, there's definitely been some time that's passed, so she's more like two and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, okay, yeah, stuff in appropriate. Okay, Yeah, I waited till my kids were closer to three, and then it becomes it comes a lot easier once you wait. And that's true practically tying their line.
Speaker 1: Some people that.
Speaker 3: Are like that that's that work with like potty training infants. It's about like reading their body language and putting them on the Yeah, oh you.
Speaker 2: Watch for their cues. Okay, Yeah, you watch for their.
Speaker 3: Cues and then you put them on the potty at like six months and you just kind of hold them there and they and then they start associating with it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't do that. I didn't. That was too advanced for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, that felt like yeah, it was. That felt like a lot.
Speaker 2: I was never that in tune with my kids and their cues.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wasn't just sitting there like are you what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Although I did. They would go.
Speaker 3: Hide, they hide behind something, and you're like, oh, they're creeping up, damn.
Speaker 4: So h.
Speaker 2: Jesse exclaims, all right, and he gives Michelle a high five, which adds a huge smile to her face. She's very proud of her so cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joey asks how the tie jingle is coming along, and Jesse admits, I'm all dried up. I got jingle block.
Speaker 1: You only wrotten one?
Speaker 2: Jesse. I know he's very stressed out, you know, he's only sold one.
Speaker 1: Well, he'd procrastinated until he's got two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no wonder he's stressed out. Joey tells him to lighten up. It'll come to him. Joey turns around to show Michelle the logo for Fred's tire Town, and he asks, it's a cool tire huh. When she gives no response, he answers his own question in an exaggerated California surfer accent. Yeah, it's like totally radial dude with a cool little hair flip at.
Speaker 3: The end, and his hair was long enough to actually get a little motion there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jesse stares at him blankly and tells him to get out. Joey mimics Michelle saying bye bye, and Jesse closes the door and mocks Joey's exaggerated surfer voice, saying totally radiol dude, accompanied by the hair flip. Jesse shakes his head, repeating totally radial. He looks at his Sammy Davis Junior poster again, and he asks, hmm, you think. Jesse scratches his head and admits him it's it's kind of funny. He realizes it's kind of hooky, and he's singing totally radial. Totally radial. It's sparked, it has sparked an idea something. Yep. We cut to DJ in Stephanie's room, where Harry is walking around the room shooting a fake gun. When he groans in pain, holding his chest and exclaiming, ugh, you got me, he tumbles to the floor, exaggerating his death with a big leg flare out. Stephanie is totally unfazed. She walks over to him, saying, Master of the Universe, your tea is ready.
Speaker 3: It's a reference to he Man, by the way, in case anyone was wondering why stuff's calling him master of the universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he made that's some weird Yeah, it's he Man, this master of the universe.
Speaker 2: That was great and Sheira and she really huge fan of oh fantastic. I agree, yeah, Hair, But Harry stands up. He corrects her. I am not master of the universe anymore. I am Gi Joe and Gi Joe doesn't drink tea. You guys are so cute together. This is just a fantastic conversation between six year olds.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: So Stephanie gets very close to his face, very very close, and reminds him he does when he plays house with me, and Harry obliges, got it, Chief. He knows who the boss is.
Speaker 1: Remember remember who is Chief?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir. Harry and Stephanie go to sit for tea, and Stephanie says, sweet and low Joe. They both take a step from their tiny teacups when Harry shouts.
Speaker 1: This tea is poison.
Speaker 2: They both grab their necks in pain, pretending to choke as they stumble around the room before flopping onto DJ's bed and laughter.
Speaker 3: I just remember loving moments like that because it was you could go so over the top and ridiculous as a little kid, and it was like, just go for it.
Speaker 2: It's so cute. It's so imagine a tiv It's just such a thing that kids did back in the day. It's so cute. I just love all of your interactions together. But then DJ runs in. She's dressed in her karate uniform, and she yells at the kids. Freeze nerd bombers up up and she shoes them off her bed. She threatens, you better keep away from my stuff. I just got back from karate class and I am pumped. She follows this with some karate punches and some yeah, yeah, to really get her across.
Speaker 1: They're not quite karate punches.
Speaker 2: Oh they're not.
Speaker 3: No, there's not like her thumbs or everything was. Yeah, I don't know how she got her purple belt. That's all I'm saying. I don't know how she got.
Speaker 1: Her purple belt with that technique. And I've never even really taken that many karate classes.
Speaker 3: But I was like, I don't know that that's that's a thing.
Speaker 2: But karate inspired I guess karate inspired moves.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, so Stuff responds, you're just jealous because I have a boyfriend. You don't. The crowd gives a big ooo, and DJ snaps back, you're dreaming, you don't have a boyfriend. Steph smiles, proudly admitting it. So happens I do. When DJ questions who, Stephanie announces him and she points to Harry, Harry's I am yeah. His eyes get wide and he's like me. Steph shrugs and tells him you're a boy you're my friend, and she gets real close to him again and concludes that makes you my boyfriend. He nods, and he says, got it, cheap. Harry's just willing to go along with anything. It's like, yep, the ultimate team player here. They continue to play and Steph asks more tea Soldier. They take a sip from their tiny teacups again and believe it or not, the tea is still poison. They choke and fall over. Dj watches them and says aloud, I'm never having kids, which is funny because then she goes on to have three. Right back in the Tanner's living room, Danny walks in yelling for Joey. He asks Joey where his little genius is, referring to Michelle, and Joey admits the last time I saw Madame Curie, she was looking squash off the high chair. They both get a kick out of this, and Joey tells Danny that she's taken a nap. Danny excitedly opens a package, revealing the latest high tech potty that he bought for Michelle.
Speaker 3: Which I'm pretty sure was just a regular potty with like a kitchen timer glue.
Speaker 2: It didn't look very high right. It was plastic, it was pink.
Speaker 1: It was plastic.
Speaker 3: It was pink, and there was like a little thing on the back of it, and I was like, that's just like a kitchen timer that they like double stick take to it. But anyway, very yes, very high Japan, no Japan toilet.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you you know, if it was a bidet, Michelle would have been potty trained.
Speaker 1: A year or ago and she was like, I'm never leaving this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is Japanese and state of the art and digital. As Danny tells Joey.
Speaker 3: This is the second reference we've made to Japan in this show. And then the fact that we went there right eventually.
Speaker 2: Is meant to be.
Speaker 1: It's it's the powerful house.
Speaker 2: So Joey sighs, telling Danny it's all happening so fast, pretty soon Michelle will be off to school, and Danny adds and meeting boys, Joey continues go into the prom, Danny spirals getting married, and Joey suggests we ought to think about having another one. Jesse struts through the door, telling the guys the kids back. Joey asks you sold the jingle and Jesse exclaims yes, sir. Danny congratulates him, and Jesse thinks them both singing a part of his new jingle, It's totally radial at Fred's tire Town. Danny nods, telling Jesse totally radial. That's pretty clever, Jesse tells him, don't look at me. Joey came up with it. Joey asks, I did, well. Of course I did. Jesse tells him, thanks to you, I have a check for eight hundred and twenty seven dollars and half of it my friend is yours.
Speaker 3: I wish. I was very proud of Jesse for that, because I know when he first took the thing, I was like, wait, are you taking Joey's idea? And I was like, is that the kind of what happened in the show? I couldn't remember? And then I was very pleased when he gave Joey his credit and half the paycheck the same.
Speaker 2: I was shocked and pleasantly surprised that he That was a that's a very generous, very big of Jesse, very big of Jesse. Jesse doesn't normally think of others, right, Yeah, I was shocked. Yeah, it was very nice. He's a good partner. Joey thanks him and acknowledges how generous it is, and he admits, you know what's real important to me is that I get it in cash. He Jesse tells Joey that he helped snap him out of his jingle slump. Jesse tells him, I almost feel like hugging you. Joey sticks out his arms and Jesse emphasizes almost. Danny follows the guys into the kitchen and tells them they should celebrate. Let's all go out for non fat frozen yogurt, which was huge.
Speaker 3: In the late eighties penguins. Oh god, what was there was another one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like that was that was that was the rage, that was the thing. It was, Yeah, non fat frozen yogurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I laughed because I'm like, is this just Danny being Danny like kind of like, you know, he's just he's kind of square like. Of course, this would be his version of a wild night out, of a wild night out bat frozen yogurt. But yeah, that was the thing back in the eighties. You're right, Jesse responds, Before we get down and get totally funky, There's one more piece of good news. The agency is giving me a shot at a national commercial. It's this thing for Kitty Crispy's cat food. We got to come up with a funny type jingle thing. Jesse looks over to Joey and asks if you have a little time, maybe you'd like to do a little work together. Maybe you and I could become Joey interrupts yes, and Jesse asks partners. Joey repeats, yes, of course I will. Jesse is ecstatic. He admits that he really needs Joey for this jingle. This could make his career take off. Joey assures him they will make a great team. Jesse agrees, saying they'll be like Butch Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid. Joey asks if he can be Butch and Jesse shakes his head, saying not in that shirt, referring to Joey's very colorful tied eye shirt that he's wearing, which is the trend of Joey's He loves his colorful shirts.
Speaker 1: Again, the eighties color was.
Speaker 2: Big, absolutely so we cut to the bathroom where Danny is encouraging Michelle to go potty. He tells her, with any luck, this is something you'll be doing the rest of your life. Danny has her watch closely as he demonstrates with the potty Polly Doll and her tiny toilet. Danny explains that after she makes the bell go ding ding, she gets a cookie. Michelle grabs her potty and puts it on her head, calling it a.
Speaker 3: Hat, which I was like, wait what and then I realized it was like just bowl. I think that they had there for maybe the but I was because I was like, oh no is that wait what going in the bowl? And then I was like, oh no, okay, never mind.
Speaker 2: It was a bowl that was kind of pointed in this saya.
Speaker 3: Yeah it did not look Yeah, I think that was probably the thing is they were like, well, we can't have her put the potty on her head because that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they had a bowl and yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Very smart, very smart, and Danny shakes his head, telling her bad hat not a big hit in the Easter parade.
Speaker 1: My kids went through a phase where they would put things on their head.
Speaker 3: So we had a game and we had a game and we were like, that's not a hat, and then they would like think it was funny to put things that weren't hats on their head and like that was a.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so cute. That's so cute. I love I love kids and their imaginations. So we cut to Jesse's room. Jesse and Joey are practicing for their next big jingle hit, Jesse suggests that they should try some different musical styles. They start with reggae and Joey improvises a cat jingle in this style day oh we ate the cat food every day. Oh. Jesse stops the track, saying, all right, we got that out of our system. Jesse suggests that they try a little conga thing next, and conga drums start playing and Joey starts dancing to the beat. Jesse asks to the beat do we like this music? And Joey tells him to the beat, I think I threw my back out.
Speaker 1: Very related story of my life these days.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Jesse decides that they should go back to their roots get a little rock and roll going. He starts to play a tune on his keyboard and Joey exclaims, oh, big daddy, Now this music says cat food. Jesse concludes that that's the style, that's the motif. Now they just need words. He tells Joey, I mean my partner happens to be the king of comedy. He puts him on the spot and says, ready, Joey, be funny, because that's how it works, right and go like pressing a button. Be funny. Joey starts off with, oh hey, what a great audience. Oh where are you from? Oh? Cut it out?
Speaker 3: This is the first cut it out.
Speaker 2: I love it here. It is the oranges of cut it out.
Speaker 1: And we just heard Dave.
Speaker 2: We just heard Dave. When he was a guest on the pod, he told how how he came up with that, which was originally Mark Sandrowski's bit that he stole from a director and best friend of Dave Kolier Marx Sandrowski. Love it. It's all coming together. Jesse is unamused, though, and he tells Joey, I need like something catchy, like I need, but I need it to be cat food funny. Ready be funny. Joey's thinking of ideas, and Jesse pressures him again to be funny. Joey panics and says, two cats walk into a bar.
Speaker 3: It's just all of the like setups for jokes like okay, I love a priest, a rabbi and a cat, or sitting in a robo.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's gone through his rolodex of all the jokes.
Speaker 1: He just put a cat in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, So Joey tries to convince him it's not me. It's the room. It's like work. In a telethon, he.
Speaker 3: Tells Jesse he's like trying to do comedy over zoom.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not working.
Speaker 1: Doesn't It doesn't translate.
Speaker 2: So he tells Jesse, we need a funny room. Let's go to my room. My room is the funny room, and Jesse says, okay. We cut to the kitchen where Steph and Harry are having a popsicle eating contest. They both look at each other and hold their heads in pain, brain freeze ouch. Harry admits ice cream brace bad idea. Jesse and Joey walks through the kitchen singing in unison funny room, funny room, everybody's going to the funny room. Harry smiles at Steph and tells her, I love coming here.
Speaker 1: It is a really unpressed with this weird family.
Speaker 3: They've got horses, there's people yelling funny room around it's just popsicles.
Speaker 2: There's cheese, doughnuts, like, there's just this house has got everything. It's true. So dj walks in and looks over at the kids eating their popsicles, and she mentions to Steph, hey, I was saving those ice cream bars for me. And Kimmy they're mine, and Steph sadly reports, well, they don't have your name on them, and DJ shows her the rapper and proves yes they do, and Stephanie exclaims, well, I'll be a monkey's uncle, which.
Speaker 3: Which makes me think that Steph saw the name on there and was like.
Speaker 2: Well is she playing She just totally trying to.
Speaker 1: Be like, well, they don't have you. I think Steph's playing down.
Speaker 2: You think she's playing dumb, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: She wanted a popsicle, She wanted to have a race with Harry, so she just stole.
Speaker 1: She was like whatever.
Speaker 2: So Steph puts her semi eaten popsicle in DJ's hand to give it back to her, and DJ is annoyed and yells, you're always messing up my stuff. I warned you, and I'm gonna get you back. You won't know when it's coming, and you won't know how it's coming, but it's coming. DJ storms out of the kitchen and Steph turns to Harry and asks, can you see why she doesn't have a boyfriend? Which is the best, Just like such a shade, such jeff Andy's shade is just yeah, chef's kiss. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's true, so funny, but also like the threat, like I've heard my kids yellow that I'm gonna get you, and you're like, ooh, I don't like yeah, but that you won't see it coming. You don't know when it's coming, but it's coming.
Speaker 2: But the threat is very much there. You already don't know what it's going to be yet. So next we are in Joey's room in the basement. Joey's pumping himself up, warming up his funny. He starts to play a fake trumpet before rattling off a multitude of impressions. Joey urges him to think cat food before pressuring him to start. Joey has an idea a duet a guy sings with his cat, and Jesse admits that's good. He runs over to his keyboard to play a tune. Joey starts to sing when I went to my cat to the other day, and then stops himself, telling Jesse, you be the guy, all be the cat. Jesse loves it, so Joey suggests when we make the presentation, I'll sing in a cat voice. Jesse loves it, and Joey continues, when we go in there, I'll wear a cat suit. Jesse immediately yells, I hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, no men in a Unitard's never a great idea.
Speaker 2: He went, he went a little bit too far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not it's never. No. No one wants to see that.
Speaker 2: A man, a grown man, in a cat and in a.
Speaker 1: Small meeting room. No, no one, no conference room. No one wants to see.
Speaker 2: No. But Joey wants this. Joey pleads, come on, partner, I can get a cat costume. My friend was in a Broadway play. Oh what the heck was the name of it? Again, Jesse painfully says cats, and Joey's like, oh yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that one.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: This a classic Joey moment here, it's so funny. Jesse scratches his head again and reminds Joey that tomorrow morning we're going in to make a presentation to a very important advertising agency. It's going to be a room full of serious suits and ties. We can't go in there acting like amateurs. Trust me, I'm a professional.
Speaker 1: Slow down, Jesse, you've sold one jingle, one comp subtle.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a little overconfident. But he's got a point too.
Speaker 3: Like he's got a point. He's got a point. Cat Suit's never a great idea.
Speaker 2: Joey tells him, Hey, trust me, I'm a professional too, as he's eating handfuls of this cat food. Oh god, that's so good, right, he continues, they want a funny jingle. Let's go in there and be funny. Jesse snatches the cat food out of Joey's hand in annoyance. He yells, no cat suit, and Joey asks, well, how about just ears and a tail. Joey emphasizes this is no joke. Now you look me in the eye and you promise me no cat suit? He asks, So I guess the six foot ball of yarn is out of the question. I love that, jo Yeah. I love their dynamic.
Speaker 1: Football of yarn.
Speaker 2: So next we cut to the ad agency. Oo, we're here. This is it. This is the moment. Jesse tells the advertising executives that his partner will be there shortly. He asks, in the time, can I get you anything? Freshen up your coffee, sharpen your pencils. The camera cuts to a group of executives all staring back at him blankly.
Speaker 1: This which is. Actually, it's very the very true. Room of executives is just.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a tough roomy. They're not nice, they're not cordial.
Speaker 1: No, no, they're very serious. Yes.
Speaker 2: Joey enters in a enters the room in a full suit and just hand. It looks very hand. This say is we're back to joe to serious like business attire. Joe He looks great. Jesse immediately introduces him to the group as Joseph Gladstone. Jesse starts the presentation. My partner and I have worked long and hard to come up with a campaign that we feel has strong consumer appeal. May I present and Joey holds up a cat puppet dressed in a red suit jacket and a top hat and a monocle, causing Jesse to stutter Cat Puppet. He quickly composes himself and announces cat Puppet to the executives, who do not amused at all.
Speaker 3: Which is unfortunate because cat puppets are always funny. Puppets in general always funny, and.
Speaker 2: Joey loves his puppets.
Speaker 1: Joey loves his This is the first of men of many puppets.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so, Jesse whispers, Joey, I think you and I have to have a little talk, Joey announces to the group right after this word from Kitty Crispy's. Jesse tries to stop him, but Joey presses play on the tape recorder, forcing them to start. Jesse starts to sing as Joey waves the cat puppet back and forth. Joey sings through the cat puppet in a cartoony voice, and Jesse keeps pushing the cat puppet down and repeating the lines that the cat puppet just sang. But the cat puppet interrupts him. Jesse continues that a brand new tree, yes, so cute. Jesse continues the jingle, and Joey dances the cat puppet up and down Jesse's arm, and they sing the last sunt line in unison, and Joey opens his briefcase, revealing three more kitten puppets singing backup genius. Just.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's got a chorus of puppets, of cat puppets. You know, he has put some time and effort into this. I don't know why Jesse is mad. I think he you know, he didn't come in a cat suit, and he's and He's got not only one cat puppet, three minuture ones.
Speaker 2: He's got four, a total of four cat puppet, four cat with costumes. And this wasn't cheap, no Jesse.
Speaker 1: You know, he really puts some effort into this. I feel like he's being a little harsh, but.
Speaker 2: This, this is kind of like the early beginnings of Full House. Rewind to be honest, we got puppets, we got voices, we got songs. Yeah, there's a lot going on here. So uh, Jesse continues the jingle as Joey walks the cat puppet around to each executive, doing dance moves to each of them. Joey follows right behind. Oh no, no, Jesse follows right behind, trying to do damage control.
Speaker 3: Well, technically Joey is behind the cat puppet, so it's the true cat puppet Joey, then Jesse, he guess.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Then Joey rubs the cat puppet on a half bald man's head, messing up his hair, and Jesse tries to fix it while continuing to see this is so cringe and so funny, right, I know, I can just feel Jesse's mortification here that I mean, don't.
Speaker 3: You imagine, right, everything's going great up until the moment the cat puppet starts, you know, fondling some bald man's head, and then it just goes south.
Speaker 2: So Jesse grabs the puppet and drags him to the front of the room, finishing the jingle with a bang as the audience applauds.
Speaker 3: But the exacty he finishes the jingle with him with the cats.
Speaker 1: And the chorus, and they're open. I mean, it was brilliant. It's a full production.
Speaker 2: Was a plus. Joey has put some time and thought into this, and everyone loves it except the executives, who are still not impressed, not laughing.
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to fix his hair, right.
Speaker 2: So we cut to the living room, where Danny is chasing Michelle around, saying, come here, your little food processor. He sits her on his lap and assures her, don't worry no more potty training today. All I really want is for you to be happy, get good grades, and get into an Ivy League college. Michelle, who is very very clearly staring at someone off stage. Danny continues and says, of course, most major universities do want you to be potty trained. True. Danny gives Michelle a kiss, and the audience goes aw. Steph runs downstairs, yelling, daddy, look what DJ did. She pulls a string of shoes behind her that are all tied together by their laces.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, by the way, I mean a plus on the sibling, Like this is.
Speaker 2: Good payback lotting. Yeah, yeah, this is great, this was well thought out. DJ follows behind, yelling I did it for your own good and Steph threatens, boy, are you gonna get it? She looks at her dad and asks, ready on your mark, get set, punish, and we're gonna talk about these outfits here. First of all, because Candice, you know, she's got this this oversized purple sweater with matching purple flats. Yeah, and then you are wearing another three D sweater with hot chocolate on hot chocolate. It's got hot chocolate, it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's turquoise, right. I think it was like kind of a bluish color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was blue. It was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Again, the sweaters of the eighties, you know, for those of you who weren't actually alive and you think that like ugly Christmas sweater parties are.
Speaker 1: Just a thing that like we invented.
Speaker 3: These were these sweaters existed, Yeah, and they wore People wore them actually, like not like look how stupid this is, but like, look how cool this is.
Speaker 1: It was very cool.
Speaker 3: So I cannot say enough about the sweater and the tactile accessories on these sweaters. You were also made them very hard to wash.
Speaker 1: I mean not like I was washing them, but right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, did you have to dry clean? I feel like these are dry clean only because of the I.
Speaker 1: Feel like there was a lot of stuff that was like pinned on to turn it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not practical for children.
Speaker 2: Definitely not practical for a six year old who's doing popsicle eating contests, probably spilling a lot of things on her shirt. Yeah, yeah, practical, but very fashionable indeed. So DJ says, she's always messing with my stuff. I had to teach her a lesson, and Danny says, I'll take it from here. First, he addresses Stephanie, saying, you know that we need to treat each other's property with respect. Then he looks to DJ, telling her, in this family, we do not tie each other's shoes together unless there's some kind of weird emergency. DJ says, okay, and steph says sure as both girls walk away in different directions, but Danny stops them, saying, red light. What's our rule after we fight? The girls say in unison, never walk away. Angry, Danny tells them that's very good and encourages them to apologize. The girls walk up to each other and let out a disingenuous sorry, this is great. Sorry. Yeah, if they could not be less genuine about that sorry. They both look to their dad for approval, and he tells DJ to help Stephanie untie her shoes.
Speaker 1: That's gonna take a while.
Speaker 2: Michelle says, poo poo in the middle of this lecture.
Speaker 1: And as you do when you're two and.
Speaker 2: A half, Dave still says that not much has changed, right. Danny gets very excited, telling Michelle, Oh, why don't we just mosey on upstairs, you know, and sit down, maybe on the potty, and we'll thumb through some college catalogs. He's very excited about this breakthroughs okay. When Danny walks away, Stephanie shouts, okay, DJ, you heard the man untie my shoes. DJ corrects her. The man said help untie her shoes. Here's some help. Start with the little white sneaker. Steph responds, you have to untie them too. They start arguing back and forth. Jesse and Joey burst through the door, Joey yelling no I didn't and Jesse yelling back, yes you did, while stephan DJ are also yelling at each other, all four of them in unison. This is a great bit, This is fantastic. All four of them stop once they realize they're doing the exact same thing, and then Joey walks away yelling again yes you did. Stephanie blames DJ, saying see what you started as DJ, kids are a nasty glare. Love the parallels, excellent writing. Yeah in the kitchen, Joey defensively asks, why do I get all the blame for this? Huh? They said, thank you very much, but we're going another way. Jesse explains that that's advertising lingo for put your puppet where the sun don't shine. Joey tells him I took a risk. I dared to be silly, and Jesse says, why didn't you tell me before you dare to be silly? You promised me.
Speaker 3: I mean it is sort of a surprise to come in and be doing an entirely different pitch than the other person is prepared for.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of team Jesse here, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I they're both.
Speaker 3: Joey needed to be like, hey, bro, this is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Jesse needed to maybe let Joey be a little more creative.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: True, But ultimately you need to communicate with your business partner and tell them what you're planning. Don't don't surprise them with a brand new pitch right in the middle.
Speaker 3: Not everyone loves a puppet surprise, right right, I do.
Speaker 1: But not everyone does exactly.
Speaker 2: So Joey reminds him, hey, I kept my promise. I did not wear a cat suit. Fair point, But Jesse snaps back, you wore a cat suit on your hand, and then you stabbed me in the back with it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Joey emphasizes this is not that big of a deal. You're not really mad at me. There is something else bothering you, and joe asks what Jesse's real problem is. Jesse snaps back, my problem is I'm living in the same house with you. Joey asked, what do you mean by that, and Jesse tells him, well, maybe it means we don't need three fathers. Haven't you ever seen that show? My Two Dads? Two is all you need. We see Stephanie and DJ secretly watching from the door. The guys both storm away, and as they try to get to their rooms, they can't figure out how to open the baby gates, so they hop over. So relatable. We did this fuller all the time. We could not open those dang baby gates. And then stephan DJ go back into the living room, where Steph is kind of worried. She points out that they seem really mad. She asks are they going to get a divorce? And DJ and shores no, not. If we get them to make up, you get Uncle Jesse and I'll get Joey. We'll all meet back in our room. Steph compliments DJ, saying she has a really great mind. She picks up her tied together shoes and ads, if only you could use it for good, stephan Or singers I love him yep. So in DJ and Stephanie's room, Jesse's there with Stephanie and he assures Stephanie that there are no monsters in her closet, but he'll check for her.
Speaker 1: At the same there is a random sprite canon there.
Speaker 2: That okay, that was my everywhere you look, Yeah, that's okay, sorry, but I noticed that too. I was like, and I rewound.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait, is it gonna I was like, is it gonna come into play? Like is it there for a re And then I was just like, oh no, we just left it in there and.
Speaker 1: It was the It was the Starbucks cup of Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, we were doing the leftover cup before or seven up can in the in the closet. It was probably one of us. It was probably one of the child actors who was drinking on the set when they weren't supposed to drinking a soda and no less and then just all just make in the closet. No one will see it in the closet. It was probably from three episodes to two.
Speaker 1: That's up high for a kid. I'm saying, it's one.
Speaker 2: Of the adults. Oh okay, let's let's blame John then, because John's hit the one in the closet. That's yeah, yeah, okay, it's John. So at the same time, DJ brings Joey into their room, convincing him that they broke a window. Joey walks right over the window, realizes it's not broken, and then looks over at Jesse, who stares right back. Steph announces, well, well, well look who's here. Jesse doesn't hesitate when he says, well, well, well look who's leaving. Joey agrees that he's out of there, and DJ yells red light to both of them and they stop. DJ reminds them we have a rule in this house, never walk away angry, and Steph begs, so, say you're sorry to each other. Please. This is such a cool role reversal, Like the girls have learned from Danny and they're really.
Speaker 3: Cute watching the kids are like, oh, okay, we absorbed this and now we.
Speaker 1: Have to, you know, parrot them.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's very satisfied as a parent whose kids don't really haven't really gotten that yet to that stage where they don't yeah right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's like, it's such a cute moment because it's it reminds you that, like, you know, these are lessons that said always come up in your life of like you know, whether you're an adult or whether you're a kid, and I think, you know, tapping into that.
Speaker 1: Like it made the adults and the kids watching this.
Speaker 3: Show be like, oh, yeah, that is like I can relate to that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It kind of grabbed both audiences and was like, this happens to everybody.
Speaker 1: So here's the lesson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it does not that, it's not age. Yeah, even adults they fight, they can't see they're blinded by their anger. They can't see past it, and they the guys needed the girls to kind of interrupt this moment, so Jesse interrupting, So uh did Jesse and Joey give each other a very lousy sorry? And DJ admits that was pathetic. Danny opens the door at this moment and tells them all, well, I don't want to get anybody's hopes up, but I think Michelle is on the verge of a major breakthrough. The potty bell deings and Danny exclaims, oh my god, we're missing it.
Speaker 3: That was what I meant by interrupting about Okay, Danny comes in and.
Speaker 2: Oh, Danny's very hype about this potty training, very I mean, so into it. Everyone runs into the hall to see if they can witness this breakthrough. Right as Michelle walks out of the bathroom with a huge grin on her face holding a magazine under her arm.
Speaker 3: So cute, it's cute, But how did she I mean, finish, oh what she needed to do and pull the pants up and do the whole you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel like normally they need more help with wipe being.
Speaker 3: Or getting a little concerned picking her up, you know what I mean? Yeah, I would not I'd be like, let's let's go take a bath, take a bath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't touch that magazine. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. But everyone laughs and Danny congratulates Michelle on her triumph. Danny tells her, come on, little mouse, I'll get you ready and we'll all go out and celebrate.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: We cut to the living room. They all laugh and Jesse remarks, dear little pumpkin sucker. Joey asks, did you see her with that magazine? Was that too cute or what? The two are laughing with one another, and Jeff and Steph asks, does this mean you're not going to get a divorce? Joey asks, what are you talking about? And Steph reminds them, well, you said that there were too many dads here. Jesse realizes the girls overheard them fighting and DJ tells them, we don't want anybody to leave. Joey tells the girls that they all need to talk, So the four of them walk into the girl's bedroom and sit at Steph's tiny tea table in her tiny chairs. Joey emphasizes nobody is leaving this house, and Jesse tells them we just had a little fight. Sometimes in the heat of the moment, you say things you don't really mean, and he adds, you know what I'm talking about. You guys fight all the time. But DJ tells him, well, we're sisters, We're supposed to fight, and Steph adds it's our job.
Speaker 3: Kind of true, said those exact same things. They're like, no, this is We're like, we're legally obligated to fight.
Speaker 2: Sorry, how it has to be. It's part of the job description, you must write, right. Jesse equates this to him and Joey. They fight like brothers. Joey is touched by this and he asks, wait, you think of me like a brother. Jesse tells him, well, you definitely irritate me like a brother. Joey wholeheartedly tells him that is the nicest thing you've ever said to me, and Jesse responds, we helped raise these kids together. We do the laundry together, we make school lunches together. Somewhere along the line, we became brothers and housewives. Joey parents or parents, right, just parents who are parenting. It's not gendered. Joey apologizes for springing that puppet on him. He explains, I thought it would be a big hit. I was trying to surprise you, but I guess I should have talked to you about it first. Jesse admitted that it was cute. Then he apologed Jesus to Joey for getting crazy. He tells him, you know that thing you said about something else, was that something else was bothering me. You're right, I'm scared. This is very sudden, and there's very like sudden violins this the music swells, and we know that, like this is a serious conversation.
Speaker 1: That Jesse's having a Jesse's having a life moment.
Speaker 2: He's having a feeling again, and everyone is shocked. The whole room is shocked. Jesse admits he's scared of not making it. He says, you don't know how hard it was to break away from my father, to leave the family business. The thought of me crawling back killing bugs again, admitting that I failed. I just don't know if I'm good enough man. This boy to exists? Does this hit an emotional button too? Because we just saw this a couple episodes where you had that huge fight with Grandpa Kitzopolis and leaving the family.
Speaker 3: Now you see, though, why I was so confused when I watched this first.
Speaker 1: I was like, what happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wait where where?
Speaker 3: Now I'm like, oh, we had a fight and there was yeah, and it's all tracking so much better.
Speaker 2: It all makes sense now, so Joey reassures him, no one ever knows. I go through that same fear every time I jump up on stage and try to make people laugh. But you gotta hang tough. You got a real talent. Joey tells Jesse that they all have faith in him. Jesse thanks them, saying it makes him feel a lot better. Jesse admits to Joey that they make a pretty good team, and Joey agrees they did some good stuff. Jesse asks if he still wants to be partners, and Joey responds, like Butch and Sun dance. Jesse laughs and adds Martin and Lewis, Steph shouts burton Ernie. Yes, yes, that's it.
Speaker 1: Right, miss Piggy Burton Ernie, I mean back to the Puppets.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are just a lover of muppets from the age of six on.
Speaker 1: I have Burton Ernie on my wall right in that painting. You do well.
Speaker 3: But they're recreating a scene from pole fiction, so it's not exactly like sesame straight Friendly.
Speaker 1: It's really funny, though.
Speaker 2: Why does this not surprise me? So Jesse and Joey look at her in unison and say, no puppets. Joey holds out his hand and says put her there, partner. Jesse says, come he her bro and pulls him in for a hug instead. Steph yell's this calls for a tea party. The boys excitedly sit down and do a tea party, toast with their tiny tea cups. Oh that's a lot of that's alliteration. Yes, yes, a lot of alliteration.
Speaker 1: Toast with their tiny tea cups.
Speaker 2: After they all take a sip of tea, Steph screams in horror, this tea is poison. They all grab their throats and fall over, yelling, and that is our show. A great callback this great, great way to wrap up the episode. Oh, very such a good episode. This was fantastic, cute little button.
Speaker 3: It was a little button. Great episode. Makes so much more sense now watching it in the correct order. I really, yeah, I feel like I'm back on track now. I know what's happening.
Speaker 2: And this is the beginning of a long, illustrious career of jingle writing for Jesse and Jessy. There's much more to come.
Speaker 1: Much more to come, more puppets to come. Yeah, there's there's there's a lot.
Speaker 2: This is a great career move for them because Jesse is very musical, Joey's very funny and if you find I do think they are going to make a great team now that they've got past.
Speaker 1: This jingles in the late eighties night.
Speaker 3: I mean I can still remember some of the stupid jingles from commercial.
Speaker 1: I mean they play in my head in the middle of the night, you know, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jingles. So Myrtle's jingle.
Speaker 3: Writing was a big was a big thing, you know, because people the younger generation might be like, who what jingle? You're like, no, it was you heard it on the radio. You heard on the little song that's stuck in your head and that yeah.
Speaker 2: And that was a sign of a successful jingle, as if it sticks in your head for eternity and then you're like, oh yeah, success.
Speaker 1: One eight hundred Empire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, you know, so, uh I wrote, okay, so where you talked about my everywhere you look with the green soda can and the closet? Did you have a everywhere you look?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: I had an everywhere you look in one scene and I forget where I think where it's Uh, Jesse and Joey decide to start like kind of being partners or whatever.
Speaker 1: Dave is totally chewing gum in a scene.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 3: He come, he walks, and which is like such an it's like such an actor. No, no, if you're not supposed to so many scenes.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to. But he comes in and he's like.
Speaker 3: And then I watch him like he's talking, like he's talking and he kind of like tucks it back here, and then I see like another like and he'd like and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Suddenly chew gum.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, but it was I was like, oh my god, he's chewing gum in the scene. So that was yeah, Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actor one on one do not chew gum in a scene? No?
Speaker 3: And also I had another everywhere you look in this in this episode, a white Scotty sweater. Oh no, way more Scotti's three in a row. Well, not the last episode, but the previous two to this also had the Scotti's water.
Speaker 2: Would do you remember this beat? Did you have a Scottie dog?
Speaker 1: No, just like I guess my mom it was.
Speaker 3: My mom had one when she was like her first apartment when she moved out at twenty. Oh okay, you know I used to hear, but I never had a Scottie dog. I didn't know that they were so popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were just a trend in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: They were the They were like the French bulldogs of nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 2: That's great. You're consistent too, you you like Scottie dogs and yep, they're gonna be evidence.
Speaker 3: Every every episode, every single episode.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that was my everywhere you look moment.
Speaker 2: Very good ones. I didn't notice either of those things. So I'm going to go back and watch for the gum chewing in particular. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he like walks in and he's like and you're like, oh, I was like, is it because I'm like, is he gonna blow a bubble?
Speaker 1: Is it like part like the season?
Speaker 3: And then I was like, oh no, he just was chewing gum and like forgot and just kind of shoved it in the side of his mouth.
Speaker 1: But another great episode. Loved this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, super fun. Still the DJ's first horse.
Speaker 2: Is still us. Still number one for you, number one for.
Speaker 3: Me that any other episodes are gonna have to Uh I think.
Speaker 1: Top that one.
Speaker 2: It's a high bar, apps, it's definitely the high bar, high bar, the high bar.
Speaker 3: Okay, but our next episode may just reach that bar because our next episode, season two, episode six, is beach Boy bingo.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 3: So this is I I mean, I'm I'm just assuming the beach Boys are in this one and a safe bet. I think it's a safe bet. And uh wait that's that's yeah. I'm very excited to watch that episode.
Speaker 2: Oh me too, me too. Can't wait.
Speaker 1: So I can't wait to have you guys.
Speaker 3: So glad you joined us, all Tannerto's for another fun episode of How Rude Tannerrito Is. Make sure and join us next week, where we will be watching season two episode six, beach Boy bingo very exciting. Uh, And make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it on whatever platform so that you can make sure and get the new episodes right when they come out. If you want to follow us on Instagram, you can check us out at how Rude Podcast, or you can email us at how Rude podcast at gmail dot com. We'd love to hear your comments, your questions, anything that you want us to do a minisode about questions about that stuff, or you know, just general comments about the show. We love hearing from you guys, and so we will see you again next week on How Rude Tannerto's and remember, guys, the world is small, but the house is full.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of disappointed. I'm kind of disappointed. That's you're getting out right.
Speaker 1: I'm here, I went the nope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you caught yourself.
Speaker 3: If I pause before speaking, I generally correct myself. So that's it's when I that's the trick, and it doesn't happen often.
Speaker 2: So the ironic thing is that you're the one that came up with this slogan back when we were developed appeating the podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't even think I came up. I like said it, and they were like that's great, and I was like, oh okay.
Speaker 2: And so it's taking you six months to consistently get it right, well, good jobs meeting it. Good job. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Thanks baby, See you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye,