Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Boroughs MLB. This is leading Off Live. It is the Joey p Jophi's if he of that, of course, is the Welsh. You were brought to you by Prize Picks. Sign up for Prize Picks today and use that promo code leading Off when you do. We got a lot of Major League Baseball to talk about, but Welsh, you seem to have your attention elsewhere. It looks like you're going back to college because some of the college baseball that's happening today you're very excited about because these are some of the big prospects that were going to be seen getting drafted, I would say in the weeks ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm actually very fresh coming off of the MLB Draft Combine which was yesterday, and one of the guys that's going to be pitching today, Paul Skeins, some of you as the number one overall pick, a generational talent since Stephen Strasburg.
Speaker 3: He was supposed to be at the.
Speaker 2: Combine, he was not because he's going to be pitching in kind of a big game. Today might be the most exciting college baseball game, and god knows how long this is an elimination time for the College World Series, and it's LSU versus wake Forest. Wake Forest has a pitcher named Rehtt Lauder who's going to probably be a top ten pick. You've got Paul Skins, who's going to be one or two. You've got Dylan Cruz who's going to be one or two. They've also got Trey Morgan. There's a lot of draft prospects in here. Two of the best pitching. This is the best pitching matchup I could possibly think of. And I am just scratching incline trying to figure out what is the betting edge here. I want to take LSU money line. I actually did it just the other day when they went up against Tennessee. But that money line is juiced. But they want you to take the two runs man plus money on two runs for LSU. But either way, whether you're betting or not, or you're not even a big draft guy, just heads up, go pay attention. This is a huge each college game four pm my time, so seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: I believe it is there. You go, think of the bat for that college baseball game. Ye shtink, Yeah, you know it's funny. I grew up with wooden bats, Like my first memory of little league in the eighties was wooden bats. And then some point you got the you know you got your Easton, you know you got your TPX back in high school. You know you've got you're a cool stuff there. But I just I still like the wood bat. I don't know, want something about the wood bat.
Speaker 2: I remember the very very first time I ever swung the wood wood bat. My best friend at that time, his brother had just gotten a wood bat and they were super.
Speaker 3: Excited about it.
Speaker 2: So me and him we went out to the little field. He threw a pitch I swung immediately broke the bat. I just shattered it in half with how he threw it and I hit it. Yeah, it's because the muscles and shattered it. And we were devastated, and his brother probably beat us both up or something.
Speaker 3: But that was the first. That was the first.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to Major League Baseball and talk about the headline. Showy Otani. He's good at baseball. Twelve strikeouts over seven innings, but they lost to the Dodgers, So there you have it. Gavin Williams took no decision yesterday. He gave up four runs and five and two thirds in his major league debut for the Guardians. Again, we thought it was a good start potentially for him against the A's. I warned everybody, don't go there in the DFS world or the betting world, just kind of step back watching what the kid did. What did you think of the Gavin Williams start last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, I wasn't as like as a lot of people were because they weren't big swing and misses. And he had a bad inning, you know, like it was a third inning. It was the bad bad inning. Gave up like a three run homer, gave up the runs, but he was composed.
Speaker 3: There were just.
Speaker 2: Command issues and I'm kind of okay with it. He didn't have the curveball. The curveball looks like at least off of his last couple of minor league starts has been the number two US pitched or at least the usage overall is close to the slider. He only threw at thirteen percent of the time last night because he didn't have it, and that I think led to a bigger issue with some of the overall command issues. The slider was breaking a little too early, so he wasn't getting big swings, and in the fastball it was just moving around.
Speaker 3: So here's what I'm saying. I actually thought.
Speaker 2: He was relatively composed while giving up those runs and coming out and then like setting down eight straight. I'm okay with the command being a little bit wonky because I think the stuff is great. Had a twenty six mile an hour difference between the lowest pitch thrown and the highest pitch thrown hit ninety eight and through in seventy two mile an hour curveball. The command will get back there. It's his first start. I still think he's the best of the crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then, you know, the nerves, the adrenaline, all that stuff. Let the kid settle down. Let the kid settle in. CJ. Abrams, he's a kid. He settled in yesterday three for three with a solo homer. You know, he's still twenty two years old. I think a lot of us forget that about CJ. Abrams. We kind of take that for granted when it comes to him. Not a good season for him. He's sitting two thirty three ninety five, slugging two seventy seven OBP, so it's not been a positive year. For him, he was one of these guys that we speculated, Hey late in drafts, you take a shot, you see, maybe you get fifteen to fifteen. Now, ironically, he's got seven homers and he's got seven steals, So we weren't wrong about that because he's on pace for exactly a fifteen to fifteen season right now. So in some ways we were right. But basically, so far it's been wrong for CJ. Abrams. The question is, you know, do we need to remind ourselves he's only twenty two until we need to remind ourselves that there's still room for him to grow despite the fact this is a bad Washington Nationals team. Is he a player that we have hope for figuring things out in the second half?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I was gonna take at a different angle like in Dynasty. Yeah, I think we can kind of consider that second half.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's still kind of far off. I saw him more as like a ten to fifteen homer but more aggressive stolen bases. Surprisingly enough, I mean, this used to be the fastest guy I had ever seen in the miners. He's just around the top twenty percent in the league as far as sprint speed, I just don't think the aggressiveness has been there. He doesn't barrel, he doesn't hit the ball hard, he doesn't walk. All of those things are bad. Those three are like a bad recipe. You don't barrel, you don't hit the ball hard, so you've got to do a whole lot of other stuff.
Speaker 3: To make it happen.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't, and or what he does is at a very low clip. So, yes, he's twenty two. Yes, this process is still going. Can this work out? Yes, just I don't think it's this year. I think this is a more of a dynasty thing of like if you had the ability to hold. I think he becomes really more interesting as he hits like twenty three, twenty four. Does he hit for more power? Does he become more aggressive on the base paths. But he's got to change a few things because you know, those low barrel, low hard hit guys don't really do too well when the average also stinks and they're not running, they're not aggressively running and just pointing out to his xba's around two thirty, so it's right around right in line with your batting average if you were a two ninety hitter too, eighty hitter doing this, this would probably be a different discussion.
Speaker 1: It would be I'd like to see him just put the ball and play more, take better at bats. I think this you're looking for. But it is interesting to say that, you know that fifteen to fifteen projection that we put on him, it's actually on the pace, which all things considered, is crazy. When you look at how you know, Ice Blue, I think somebody said, is the that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking at it. I'm looking at it here.
Speaker 2: It's not pretty like he's got like he's got a good, nice max ev hit. That's the only thing that stands out because he hit one one twelve. But he's got a wretchedly low bottom seven percent of the league average exit velocity, which a lot of people don't focus on because it's like, okay, that's not sticky or whatever. But you put it together with like all the other stuff, and it just tells this really like not great story about a player that isn't showing any signs of like big growth, why we would want to go buy in.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Ice Blue, everyone says that my blue steel look is back today, and I just keep telling everyone that's I have resting blue steel face.
Speaker 3: That's it's just not the blue one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine is resting blue steel. That's what I do. Pete Alonzo to run homer, but the Bets lose, So there you go. That's that's that their general note. You can just got to put that out there for every Mets game, Pine Alonzo, it's a home run and the Mets lose. Andrew Abbott struck out ten guys three runs, all of the three runs though, where solo homers Wednesday's no decision against the Rockies. Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about Fanimal. I love live events, but I hate buying tickets the hidden fees they suck. It's like paying for a whole other person who's not even there to be there with you at the event, and customer service is terrible and coordinating with friends is a nightmare. But then I discovered Fanimal and Fannamal has tickets to everything concerts, festivals, football, basketball, you name it, and Major League Baseball. And plus there's no fees. The price you see is actually the price you pay. What a concept. You heard it here first, Fanimal is the cheapest place on the internet to get MLB tickets, and we've all experienced how painful it is to coordinate going to events with friends, and I always end up fronting a bunch of money and then chasing down the friends to get reimbursed, and if they flake, I'm stuck with the whole bill. But Fannimal's patentent group per just makes it easy to split payments with your friends, so nobody's left holding the bag and you don't have to commit until your friends do. So just pick the seats, pick how many tickets you want to pay for yourself, and then send the link to your friends. And when you join your group, everyone gets started separately and your tickets are secured, so you can stack cash by inviting friends ten bucks every time someone joins your group, catching baby. So fanomal it has amazing customer service to don't take my word for it. Check out their hundreds and hundreds of five star reviews. The next time you need tickets, go to fanimal dot com or download the fanimal app and use the promo code fanimal MLB. That's fanimal MLB for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Check out fanimal and experience more and now back to the ACP Corby and Carrol. He stole two more bases, which makes me in the Welsh happy. Um, let's talk about the closer situation here. Fourth save of the season for Scott Magoo. Am I saying it right by the way? No? I like, No, I think it's Magoo.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with Magoo. Sometimes he's a little blind, so.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it sounds like, you know in Billy Madison, you know when he's like when he sees his friend who accidentally wet his pants and he goes goo. Uh, I just I think that's what I'm gonna do. So is he the new closer quote unquote for the Diamondbacks?
Speaker 3: No, No, they do that.
Speaker 2: This has been the entire season. We actually we did this on CBS last night and Frank had kind of asked the same thing of.
Speaker 3: Like, is this it?
Speaker 2: But he's asked that question to all of the guys because there is no guy. They're inconsistent. Lavello loves to ride the hot hand until it implodes, and McGuff was a disaster early on. They've gone Chafin, they've gone Castro. I could be wrong here. Maybe things have settled in, you know, McGuff is obviously coming from coming over from Japan and just kind of readjusting. I think he's doing the classic, he's throwing the splitter thing, and it's been good as of recent but I've seen him be pretty inconsistent, and I just don't I'm not sold that the Diamondbacks guy is on that.
Speaker 3: Roster or and also through not this.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm waiting for, is they've already confirmed that it's too late for Dre Jamison to go back to being a starter. I wonder if there's a point if these guys struggle that Dre starts getting an opportunity, and I think he's a guy that holds onto it, but McGuff is getting saves, hold on to him. It'll be good until they go to Andrew Chaffin and then they keep going to him, and McGuff is just part.
Speaker 3: Of where they make a big nasty thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you know, if they were smart, they go out there and make a move for a closer, they work. Gallon Welsh was right, I was wrong. Zach Gallen one run over seven innings. Will the Oteyron was five scoreless.
Speaker 2: Though I got my money line play someone pointed out in the chat. They're like, hey, they're like Welsh has got two units on Diamondbacks money line.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I do, and they want one.
Speaker 1: And you did it and I was on the other I continue to be ice cold this week. I need I need a week off. I need to just kind of clear my head on the weekend and just figure things out from there. The rookie Lookie Gunner head by the way two for five it is eleventh Homer. All of a sudden, those early Gunner Henderson shares that I had Rookie of the Year and I had that duo wager, that big one where it was Corbyn Carroll and Gunner Henderson.
Speaker 3: That's such a cool one that you did.
Speaker 1: It's starting to come back to life. There's still life in that bet now, all of a sudden, which tells you something. And I think if you go back and look at last couple of years, you go back to pandemic year when it was Gavin Lux who was the odds on favorite for Rookie of the Year and he was just bottomed out completely in the pandemic season. If you go back and look at this year's board when Anthony Volpi made the team and skyrocketed to the top of the American League board. Rookie of the Year is one typically to wait on. This is about the time where you can start to make your move on Rookie of the Year. Corbyn Carroll was the exception to the rule. And I just want to remind everybody that is the trickiest of all of the awards in my opinion, to bet On and I am Joey. Maybe you should call me Joey Futures. I like that. I am Joey Futures after all, and I'm gonna give myself that nickname. But that's the one to me that's always the trickiest. Carol was locked in money in the bank. Let's go, no hedge, none of that. But it's funny Gunner Henderson starting to you know, if you want to put like a little speculative ten bucks a year or whatever it is, that's fine. But it feels like Gunner Henderson's getting back in this race, which makes me happy.
Speaker 3: You know what. I like, I feel like the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm just thinking to last year is it's like one of the sides the n l AL locks itself up and then there's a race, because last year the race actually became around teammates Michael Harris and Spencer Strider, or.
Speaker 1: Either of those guys were close to the favorites going in.
Speaker 3: Neither neither broke on.
Speaker 1: Cruise was out at the top of that list. I'm trying to remember who else was at the top of that list at that time.
Speaker 3: You probably remember, yeah, there's someone, No, there's someone ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Cruise was up there. Cruise was very high in that conversation early on. But there was somebody else, was it, says Azuki. Yeah, it was a good guy early on, which I told everybody, don't even go near that, don't don't invest in that. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: But but like like this year, like Corbin's got that relatively locked up and well locked up. As long as nothing happens, this one just keeps moving. By the way, on gun Gunner's still absolutely wretched against lefties. He's doing all of his damage against Rightyes, he's becoming like a Josh Low platoon two fifty two against Righty's all eleven homers have come in that spot. He was down to one night. He hit one night seven in April two thirteen. In May, he's up to three fifty eight in the month of June and six over half of his homers have come from this month, so you can see how much he's picked it up, plus the hard hit numbers.
Speaker 1: Look, I think the confidence is good too. You start to get the ball against righty's maybe that carries over a little bit. And if you notice Josh Young's been ice cold this week, ice cold, we'll talk about him in the three down two days in a row. That hasn't happened all year. Cousin Donnie says, I can't give myself a nickname. I mean, why not? I feel like I can. I think I just did.
Speaker 3: You can? I was a yeah, I only had I'm trying. How many nicknames did you have grown up?
Speaker 2: I really had none, to be honest, Really, that's sad. That's why he wants a nickname. Guys, you're trying to give himself one.
Speaker 1: No, don't don't encourage what I think we should run it.
Speaker 3: Let's see the best Joe.
Speaker 2: Piece of nicknames and then we can run a poll. I only had like one nickname throughout, but we also did well Boman Hollywood. No, No, we can't Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he called me that because I I had a lot going on all the time.
Speaker 3: I like different groups of people calling everything. So that was his nickname for me.
Speaker 1: But we also did the lasts and take lunch at Spago and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean when I was in high school, I had like the like tipped hair.
Speaker 1: Oh did you have the sugar ray tips? Is that what you had? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went full bleach blonde. I had this guy called me David Flair. He thought I was David Flair.
Speaker 1: Every morning when Welsh wakes up.
Speaker 2: All right, but let's get all right, so we're getting them. We've got we're getting nicknames.
Speaker 3: So I want to see the best. Joey Joey.
Speaker 2: That's good, Pizencer okay, JP smooth joe cool, all right, cool, let's try a little bit harder, guys.
Speaker 1: Come on, guys, I told you even now, this is a guy that's.
Speaker 3: Never had a nickname. This guy he needs a nickname.
Speaker 1: You can see it on you.
Speaker 3: I can see it on your face. This is important.
Speaker 1: I hope it's important. This is anyway, Uh, very little injuries. This is the least amount of injuries we ever talked about. Here on the program all season long. So I guess that's a good thing, but it worries the hell out of me of what tomorrow is gonna look like. Mikes Dremsky was removed yesterday with a hamstring tightness. Geo Orchella has a pelvis issue that does not sound good. He's gonna miss the rest of the season. He has done, and ladies and gentlemen tomorrow night. Kenta Mayda returns to the Mound. Welsh Kenta Mayada returns to the Mound. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I'm very excited. I'm he's a great exciting picture. I'm gonna watch him, uh Kent Mayda specifically on the Twins, yes, not anywhere else.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll watch him. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: You know, here you go, mister clean future is not bad. That's not bad. Sparky joey futures actually.
Speaker 2: Sounds joey futures are not a bad nickname? Okay, Bred, by the way, happy birthday, Bret, Bret said his birthday.
Speaker 3: I like Brett's nickname.
Speaker 1: Good. All right, let's get to the three up and three down. Randy Erosarino, man, has that guy been good? Oh? He was so undervalued this year three for three with a homer and a double two RBIs he got to walk everything. He did everything yesterday except take out the trash and John Baylor.
Speaker 3: Well for you guy.
Speaker 2: I just want to point out one I did put him in the trade video because he was only hitting two forty over the last like I think it was two weeks or month, and just wanted to point out gradually his homers came down, his stolen bases were up. I laid it out a couple of days ago whenever that released, So I don't know, that's pretty good timing.
Speaker 1: Josh Naylor four for four solo homer, uh and two ninety five, three thirty eight, four sixty four slash, nine homers, fifty five ribies, twenty six runs scored. He was one of the favorites by a lot of people. I know coming into draft season. A lot of people thought there was value with Josh Naler. I think Arel Cohen I want to say too, that was one of his favorite value guys late. So far, Josh Naleer's been pretty good. I feel like one's gonna make a run here, I really do. It feels like that offense was so bad I know all the Shane Bieber, you know, noises going on there, but they're in striking distance in that central. I'm starting to feel like Cleveland's starting to I don't know, you know, they bring up Bowden, you know they they've got Josh Nail or they've got I would not be surprised if they decide, you know what, we're in this thing, let's not jump ship here. I'm starting to feel like now's a good time to even wager on them. You see, they're in plus money. They're a plus two to fifty on betting pros right now to win that division. I kind of like that right now. I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I also want to point out, I'm pretty sure I did it on this show, but there was somebody that when the Luisa Rai's fantasy conversations were coming up, I said, I'd rather have Bo Naylor or Josh Naylor than Arise in fantasy right now. So I just gonna throw back at you, what do you think, Josh Naylor, Louisa Rise not points Louis rather have, but it's Luisa ra you'd like you rather have four hundred batting average with nothing else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would. Speaking of guys who do all or nothing, one thing really well is Sturry Ruiz three for five, run, score two rubies, and stole his league leading thirty eighth and thirty ninth base So congratulations Ruiz, good job there. Bad Josh Young, I gotta get to these bats Welsh because Josh Young over for four k's yesterday also bad four k's. What is going on here with Josh Young? This is not good. This is a very rough patch. I'm telling you the Gunner Henderson shares right now. This is the time to maybe get in the gunner business. I never thought Yoshida was gonna win that award. I just I don't know why. It just just did not pop for me.
Speaker 3: You still don't think you don't think Yoshida can't do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Red Sox are getting hot, and I think you look at Yoshida's hitting over three hundred.
Speaker 3: His counting stats don't look amazing.
Speaker 1: The probably the counting stats are black.
Speaker 3: But I mean he's.
Speaker 1: Gunner Henderson track. If Gunnar Henderson picks things up as a big second half, I think that's all anybody remembers. That's I think.
Speaker 3: I think what's interesting too.
Speaker 2: He was actually asked about that, and Yoshida was and I think, as long as I've read the article correctly, but it was something along the lines that he was almost like, you know, he I don't want to say, he didn't say he didn't deserve it, but he probably shouldn't be in the voting because he's a different type of player. Because he is, He's a completely different type of player. But I wouldn't discount him. I think Josh Young is taking the biggest smack. The quietest assassin of all of them is still Hunter Brown. He's still the guy I think everyone should be very worried about. But yeah, I mean, Gunner is flying up there. I think it's a great bet.
Speaker 3: You said it a couple of days ago, and the Hunter bet is a great Joey futures, I think you might have.
Speaker 2: I think you actually just may have given yourself the nickname contrary to what Donnie wants here.
Speaker 3: Joey Puchers might be the name.
Speaker 1: I Joe isn't back. You know, hey, I did give you a Bryce Harper at thirty one MVP. We locked out. We did do Verlinder twenty five to one. This year, looking pretty good for some of the things we have already invested in. You know, I keep coming back. I'm struggling with that question. You asked me about a Rise and Nailor, And it's because I play in so many points leagues where you know, ariz just kind of you know, dinks and doings every single day and by the end of the week you look up, but it's fifteen twenty points.
Speaker 3: Totally it.
Speaker 1: They're very very close. That is very close in rodo. I get it if you want to go and you want the you know, a little bit more power with nail Or, I get that.
Speaker 2: The guys, the guys like top six, he has like the sixth most I think it's six or seventh most RBIs in the freaking league or top ten and has.
Speaker 1: Twenty six runs scored.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: That's also indicative of how bad the offense has been. So I don't want to hang that all on Josh Naylor because that's not fair anyway, because the rest of this offense has done goots.
Speaker 3: I think Josh Saylor has more stolen bases than a Rise. Is that is that correct? I'm trying to pull.
Speaker 1: It out that I don't know, you'd have to check on because I think it.
Speaker 2: Rice has like two stolen bases, and uh, before you move on, just so I don't have to come out, yea Nayler has five stolen bases.
Speaker 3: He he is winning.
Speaker 2: Three of the categories straight out and he's also hitting two ninety five.
Speaker 1: So yes, they've been a big Louis or Rice guy. I've been where you are, which is yeah, he's a nice kind of you know, late filler kind of dude. What is doing this year is very It is what he is, and I think when you took the shift away from him, it is really become apparent. Just it makes you wonder these last what five ten years of Major League baseball, what could have been had the shift not been there For a lot of hitters who fit more of this profile of Louis Arise who ended up kind of getting, you know, disregarded, overlooked, did not get opportunities. Maybe they should have gotten because they were good defenders and good contact hitters, but they didn't hit for a lot of power and they're out of baseball. If you go back and look historically in the eighties and nineties, there were a ton of Louis Arise kind of guys who played good defense, you know, hit five ten home runs but would hit three twenty three, fifteen.
Speaker 3: He's a throwback thirty even, No, he's one hundred percent throwback player.
Speaker 2: I just can't at the end of the day get it out of my mind that like he's a guy that his homers and stolen bases will probably be less than Josh Naylor's stolen base total. Josh Baylor and Dash Nayler will probably steal more bases then stolen bases and homer's combined. For Luisa Rise, who is being anointed as like a top twenty five year old player, just pointing out just has been pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm going with. He's a way better real life player.
Speaker 1: Joshneller has been a better return on investment? Is that fair? Can I say that?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Is that politically the best way for me to say this? He's been a better return on draft capital this year than Arise. Sanduel Contra has not been. He's also in the three down we talked about him yesterday. I don't want to belabor the point. Just go back and watch yesterday show. Christian Javier Razor Emos is in the chat. He has said this like three times, so I got to bring this up. But I was saving it because I had Javier down here in the three down section, four runs, four hits, five walks over two and a third innings, struck out one guy. Razor said, Welsh convinced me that Javier was no good and ever since then he's been no good. So why is Javier all of a sudden no good?
Speaker 3: I don't remember convincing anybody.
Speaker 1: That he was good on this. He's saying it several times in the chat here.
Speaker 2: But all I've was taking a look yesterday at what's going on with him, because there was a big debate that was going on about his value Eno versus Scott White.
Speaker 3: They were kind of going back and forth.
Speaker 2: One HEO says he's moving him past like forty five on sp and Scott's keeping him in the twenties, like.
Speaker 3: The surface like stating type of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, the era was fine, he's getting wins and stuff like that, but when you look behind, he's your stady. He's a two pitch pitcher. His slider has struggled. I was just kind of breaking this down. If anybody saw me talking about this last night.
Speaker 3: His slider is in the zone. It's dying inside the zone.
Speaker 2: It also has three inches of less vertical break on it, or maybe it was horizontal. I think it was horizontal break or no no vertical break. It doesn't matter either one of them. I'm completely forgetting now. I don't have it in front of me, but three inches less contractor three inches less of break on the slider, and that thing is less as you get older, I heard, yeah. But the main point is it's like these guys, these two pitch pitchers are scarier. There's less there's less wiggle room. They're not all de Gram and Strider. Everyone anointed Javier as the next Spencer. Strider you've seen tick down. I think a velocity the slider itself has not been as effective, especially where it's hitting in the zone, and he's getting kind of beat up right now. I don't hate him. I think I'm getting confused with I don't think he is the worst. There's just a lie less room for him to screw up here. So I'm not the biggest on Christian Javier, at least right now. But I also don't think he's like the forty fifth pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 1: I saw something floating around the internets about an hour before the show about Paul Goldschmitt trade roomers, which I thought was staggering. Really conceptions, what an wouldn't that be the irony of all ironies? Right? But you know it does make some sense when you kind of start to look into it. I don't think it's going to happen, but I wanted to throw this out there for everybody who's the last reigning MVP to get traded, because I'm I want to say, it's not that long ago, it's within the last I'll give you a hit, it's within the last ten years. So if you think you know the answer, drop it in the chat here over on our YouTube, and of course subscribe to Fancy Pros MLB. We're closing in a fourteen K, which means when we get the fourteen K subscriber, Mark Welsh and I will have mustaches for an entire show start to finish. But yeah, this was a I couldn't believe it. I'm like, how often does that happen? And of course I did my homework and I found last time it happened, it's not that long ago.
Speaker 3: It's pissing me off because I feel like I know who it is? Do I know who?
Speaker 1: Do do? Oh? Yeah, he's still playing right now in the Major League.
Speaker 3: It's not if it's not Donaldson.
Speaker 1: No, it's not Donaldson. It wasn't the reigning MVP. He wasn't MVP. Who did get traded not that long after No Wonky. It is not justin Verlander. But let's do in the meantime some prize picking. What do you say, Welsh? You want to pick some prizes? Let's do it? Use that promo code leading off. Go to prizepicks dot com or download the app and get that one hundred percent to pause a match up to one hundred dollars. But only when you use that promo code leading off one word leading off Welsh Picks.
Speaker 2: And prizes promo code leading off price picks.
Speaker 1: Do it? Do it or else we have the answer. Brett Anderson Young Carlo Stanton in twenty seventeen won the MVP and it was traded to the Yankees directly after. There you go, he was still Mike.
Speaker 3: But did he win it when he was Mike?
Speaker 1: No? I think he was Gian Carlo by them, he was only Mike for like a year or two and it took me another year or two to stop calling him Mike, which.
Speaker 3: Is I'm always you know.
Speaker 2: One of the funniest things is these guys that didn't have name changes either way, like first or like I don't know, people know Trent Grisham was actually Trent Clark. That was his name, and like you see baseball cards, that's a mic stand.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody whose name Mooki was never Mooki at one point.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we can get back into the mookie discussion.
Speaker 1: You know that should have been my nickname. But it's where I'm too old to be Mookie now MOOKI piece of pa.
Speaker 3: Oh that doesn't sound very good.
Speaker 1: I like that does take some sort of condition you have, Like job, I've got a real mookie piece of pia. Yeah, I'm hoping like for the next two weeks I can get out of bed there like.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, did you hear there's some Mookie piece of ps got mookie?
Speaker 1: Is he? Okay? No, It's like I had to take off work. I got a Mookie pizza.
Speaker 2: I think I should bleep that in the edit. I might bleep that in the podcast, a Mooki piece of pi. It doesn't sound right, all right, Price Picks promo code leading off use it. I am going with five. This is an all hitter Fantasy score play today. Fernando Tatists eight and a half boom, Wander Franco eight boom, Julio Rodriguez eight, Yes, boom. Those are my three plays for Price Picks. It's a lot of boom. It's the boom plays. That's what we're calling it today. It's this is the boom. I want to name all of my lineups. I want to have the hater's ball, the hater sandwich. This is called the boom. Three straight hitters Fantasy score all up.
Speaker 1: You know what I think, Welsh, I think that a mookie piece of pia. And someone said this in the chat is what you have when you eat the Mets Lazando.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you right now, whoever's on the right, Francisco Alvarez has got the mookie piece of pi. His eye is sh his stomach, his chest and stomach is closing in on itself.
Speaker 3: His eye is just shutting down. He's got the mookie piece of pia.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that is not good. That Laza. You will definitely give you the mookie piece of gross all right for me price picking Shane mcclanahan's seven picture strikeouts over today against Kansas City, they strike out eight. Ton Blake Snell's going against the Giants. I'm gonna go under the seven here, and I know he's been at twelve a bunch, so I'm gonna go play the odds. But again I am ice cold, so I need to break out of this in the worst way. Wander Franco, I know he was bad yesterday, but again eight hitter fantasy score, I'm gonna go over in today's matchup for him. Betting wise, today, I'm gonna stay in that Tampa game. I'm gonna try to get a nice three to one to take advantage of a good situation for them against the Royals with Uhhas on the mat. I believe it's al Pacinos some which by the way, you see al Pacino just had a kid. He's like eighty seven years old. He just had a kid. Him and de Niro.
Speaker 3: What's the record, what's the record for the.
Speaker 1: Chaplin had a kid when he was like ninety I think or something like that. Really, yeah, but he was too old to pick him up.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. He didn't tell anybody either.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know, but it's crazy. Uh, here we go. Seane McClanahan seven and a half strikeouts, take the over, you take the one and a half on the run line for the Tampa Bay Rays because I think they're gonna win this game pretty handily against the Royals today the same game, parlay and Randio rose Raina to record a hit. These should all three be layups one and a half, Sea mcclannan seven and a half over on the case and Randy rose Raina to record a hit. If you put those three things together, get three to one. You put a unit on that. That's a nice day. That's a good return. That's my focused Thursday back because there's a lot of day games again, take two days in are a lot of day games, so not a lot of night games. To figure out what do you have on the today?
Speaker 3: Well, all right, I got weird stuff.
Speaker 2: I got kind of weird today's looking around just you know, you find in the I'm in that same game. I like the team total runs, so the whole game four and a half, just four and a half, that's all we want. Runs four and a half.
Speaker 3: Over for the Rays.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: It's a little juiced, and then I went to look.
Speaker 2: You guys know, I love to play first five bets if I can find like you know, team total runs or if I can find the line. And I didn't like the total runs because I wanted to play with the total runs in this one. I didn't like it through the first five because it was only four. But if you go to the first three innings and you get two and a half, I'm playing the under on this one. This is Sears and Logan Allen, both pretty decent, and I can go under two and a half runs through the first three innings. That is a play that I want to jump on. And I think it's decently priced as well, because everything else was crappy priced. So again raised team total on the whole game four and a half. Cleveland Oakland total runs first three innings two and a half under.
Speaker 3: Thank you very goo.
Speaker 1: Al Pacino eighty three years old. I'm just looking at it now, just had a kid. His wife I think is I don't know, she's like twenty nine or something crazy like that. And then you have Robert de Niro who just had a seventh child and he is seventy nine years old. So there he go like, sorry, but you know it's not his wife, his twenty nine year old girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yah, that's right.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm not saying I mean, like, who am I to say, because I don't have that thrown at me. But like, I wouldn't even be like twenty nine year old might be a little too young for me and I'm forty, you know, I'd be like, oh, it's a little that's.
Speaker 3: A pretty big age gap. Like what do they have for Albacina?
Speaker 1: What do they talk about?
Speaker 3: What did they talk about?
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, you see this reel on the Instagram? It was so good. Honey, you gotta get up on the head and honey, what are you doing on the tiktoks? I want to see the videos I got. I got all sorts of videos all over the place.
Speaker 2: I like the envision of him being like like telling old stories, this movie and the sixty and she's on TikTok and when I was on a dog day afternoon, she's like, what, I don't even just iro this bank.
Speaker 1: I got a love and I was robbing banks. It was it was quite a cinema. That's what after him.
Speaker 3: By the way, he's like a classic we gotta great. You guys gotta go watch old Pacino stuff, Old.
Speaker 1: Pina movies and Justice for All that one show.
Speaker 2: Go watch Old Pacino like sixty seventy eighties movies. And then and then if you want to like kind of the balance of some of the darkness, you go watch like the old Steve Martin stuff like The Jerk and Three Amigos, like That's.
Speaker 1: A Good Night makes the Jerk Now the Jerk and Blazing Saddles. Watch those movies and just sit there and go, my god, what a different universe we lived in in the seventies. Like that's pretty much the big takeaway from that. But yeah, I don't like that's the thing, Like, what do they talk about? I have no idea. We're not going to talk about dfs because, like I said, there's like three games tonight, no main slay. For the sake of everybody else who listens to the showback, we're not gonna waste your time. But we are going to go ahead and talk about home runs. So wels who you call for your home run call tonight, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've picked him.
Speaker 2: Maybe I picked him once this entire year, but I think we're in a due situation for mister Julio Rodriguez. We got Jamaino Herman.
Speaker 1: I think him yesterday and I almost picked him again today. I was I was gonna let it.
Speaker 3: R'm glad you didn't. I'm glad you didn't.
Speaker 2: So you know, give me Julio Rodriguez on the bounce back against Dimgo Herman. You know, fastball pitcher in him. Take it out.
Speaker 3: Julio is my home run call.
Speaker 2: I'm a little colt on the I don't think I've called a home run for two weeks, so I need to get back on the board.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about so Rare. Get ready for so Rare MLB. So Rare MLB is a revolutionary, free to play fantasy baseball game with officially licensed digital cards from all thirty MLB teams. Go to fantasypros dot com, slash collect and sign up today. Build and manage your fantasy MLB team like a progm and compete a against opponents worldwide for epic rewards. Unlike other fantasy baseball platforms, so Rare managers truly own their fantasy experience, scouting, buying, selling, and competing with player cards each week and season. You actually own your cards, so you win or lose, your cards are yours no matter what. So Rare MLB also allows you to advance the higher levels of competition that offer more rewards as you win more games. Join now at fantasypros dot com slash collect and take your fantasy Baseball experience to the next level with so rare MLB. So rare MLB, the next era is yours. And now back to the action. I don't know how old de Niro's girlfriend or wife or whatever is, but twenty nine and eighty three, it's just.
Speaker 2: People are people are starting to People are starting to quote the the jerkers, if everybody one of my favorite they're quoting stuff in the Forget Now, which is my favorite.
Speaker 1: People forgetting Blazing Saddles. Originally, Richard Pryor was supposed to play the lead, and Richard Pryor wrote the movie with mel Brooks. So all those jokes in there that are a cringe quote unquote, those are Richard Pryor jokes because he's trying to hold a mirror up and say, hey, you know, let's let's laugh a little bit, and you know, but he was at the time too toxic for that movie to put him in the movie as a lead. But there you go, so good stuff there. For me, I'm gonna go with Wander Frank, I'm gonna stick there, hopefully make some money with the Wander. He's wonderful. He's marvelous. Home run leaderboard today by a boom Razor still at the top of twenty seven Tater twenty five Carliak, which I think wasn't Carleak. I think that's a character from Cark, but just now it's Carliak.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can Carlik.
Speaker 1: It's like dary Leak, right. I caught myself. I almost said, but you don't have to see that piece of We suggest and then we let your mind do the rest. That's what That's what the greats do again. Join be one of the greats. Join our discord fanspros dot com slash chat and go premium by either dropping a comment below, subscribing to the YouTube channel, or just go to Fantasy Bros dot Com slash Premium today. That's what you do. You get the best of all the tools to manage your rosters, make some trades, do what you have to do. And I'll take you through football season as well. That is around the corner. Also so fun show. Today. We got into some things I did not think we'd get to. I'm surprised by your knowledge of old seventies, but chinto movies once again. I'm super impressed Welsh with you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, come on, I know some stuff.
Speaker 2: I might look like a big stupid idiot, but I don't always play the big stupid day.
Speaker 1: I know some stuff well, and at the end of the day, you are Hollywood.
Speaker 3: I am lived up.
Speaker 2: It was not Bogman in the chat, by the way, the famous Scott Bogwin was in the chat. That was his nickname he gave to me Hollywood. And David Flair was the other one, David Flair, who I watched, by the way, we got brought in the CBS. We were talking to Brian Woo Woo with Rick Flair. I had never seen the famous woo off from uh from nax No, from.
Speaker 1: T whatever those from t A.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And Chris Hower sent me it and I watched it last night and you just forget just the insanity that is Rick Flair. And the famous WUA video was it made my night.
Speaker 1: So Cody wants to know by chat's been amazing today. By the way, just shout out to all the p ups and Cracker Jacks, and again, if you haven't joined us live on YouTube, please do. Cody wants to know who's gonna win money in the bank. Ironically, we just did our first betting pros wrestling video and I did talk about that, so go check that out. I want La Knight to win, but the problem is that we never get what we want when it comes to money in the bank and things like La Knight getting himself over. I think it's gonna be Damian Priest. That's where the money is. But the heart is with La Knight with the women. I haven't decided. I think it's ego, but there you go. So on that note, you'm're gonna get out. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Hollywood. I'm Joey Futures. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Kids.
Speaker 1: Book