Speaker 1: Hi, everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I am Mike Spofford, joined as always by my partner in crime, Weston had Quitz. We're coming to you here from our studios at Lambeufield, coming off of the bye week, Wes, how is your time off?
Speaker 3: Not long enough? Enough of it? But man, I always say I hate the bye week. I always say this, hate the bye week because you start to remember what it's like to live a normal life again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then it changes right.
Speaker 4: Back, and it goes right back.
Speaker 3: When do you have a responsibility at nine am on Monday? No, it was great. It was a great week. I got to spend some time with the kiddo. I got to catch up on Peaky Blinders. I finished an entire season at Peaky Blinders. Work, watched a little bit of football, didn't do anything too extravagant. But you know what I did do. I got my life in order and I was really excited about that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's always helpful for the second half of the season. So I managed to take a trip back home. I went to visit my visited my.
Speaker 1: Old high school.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, how are the children.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't even see my children.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I met the platfilms.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Platvial children.
Speaker 4: I hope your children are doing well though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my children are doing just fine. The platvil children are, They're in good shape. They they were excited to uh, they were excited to hear. I was one of dozens of presenters at career day Nice High School, so it was a big, big crowd of us, but I was one of the few who was actually a platfl High school graduate, so that sort of like got their attention, like, oh, you actually went to school.
Speaker 1: Here kind of thing.
Speaker 4: So it's pretty nifty man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went back and spoke at Bayport once. I asked to never do it again. I love Bayport, but I'm never gonna I'm never speaking again.
Speaker 2: Well, this one was a first for me. We'll see if they invite me back. I'm not entirely sure. But anyway, so it's time to talk about date the state of the Green Bay Packers six and three, and I think the hope here we'll talk about things kind of on both sides of the ball, but I think the biggest thing that both sides of the ball for the Packers are looking for offensive and defensively, is one to get back to full health or as close as possible to full health, particularly with regard to some very key players, but then also to find a way to play that complete game, that full four quarter performance that becomes something you can hang your hat on, that thing that you can that your side of the ball can build on. As we get closer to the stretch run of the season here, it kind of seems like in different ways, both sides of the ball for the Packers are still looking for that.
Speaker 3: Nice thing about the bye week is you get a chance to sort of take stock of everything. And I know I was hitting everyone really hard with the fact that the Packers are six and three right now through nine games, as opposed to three and six last year and already had the bye week behind them and then ended up having to play I think maybe it was thirteen straight games to finish out the season and get on that run that they did.
Speaker 4: There's so much better position this year.
Speaker 3: But another thing I've been kind of drilling home with people, and something I truly believe is once you kind of get away from the Detroit loss a little bit, you start to realize at least in my own opinion, how close this Packers team is. They're close, I think Offensively, you look at what they were able to do Michael and the fact that they ranked top ten, top five and so many offensive categories despite not having Jordan Love for three games, despite not being able to get over this penalty thing, and having these ebbs and flows to that, you know, some drop passes, some miscommunication and they're still producing at that level of efficiency. The amount of people that gotten involved in this thing, the fact that there was that little bit of a situation with Romeo Dobbs, but it seems like everybody has moved past that. I just there's so much like offensive bit of what Green Bay is doing. And defensively, I think is the area where they really as important as the Jordan Love situation is and getting him healthy at this knee and all these other things that he's dealt with now more recently the groin. Defensively, if you can get Evan Williams back, if you can get jay r Alexander back, if you can get some of these stalwarts now on your defensive side of the ball that have really emerged in the first half of the season. Again, there's a lot of improvement that has to happen. But considering where Green Bay was and how daunting it looked at being three and six last year, I think six and three is a massive opportunity for this football team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. I think the Packers are close. And let's stay on the defensive side of the ball for a minute, because while I think the story of the first half of the season, if you want to call it that slightly more than half, has been the turnovers on defense, the takeaways, and the aggresive nons with which they have played, I think this is a defense, as you say, that is close in the sense that it's right there to where you don't feel like you have to go into a game counting on getting takeaways to be successful. For that defense, I think they're getting closer to the point. Of course you want them. They're the game changing type of plays, but I think this defense is getting closer to where it doesn't have to rely on them.
Speaker 1: I think health will have a lot to do with that.
Speaker 2: But the big question is can the pass rush establish a certain level of play in a certain consistency that can be relied upon. And since our last show the Packers traded Preston Smith to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a seventh round draft pick. Found out then the next day that Preston Smith had actually requested the trade. Didn't feel like he was fitting in with the transition from the three to four front to the four to three. It's a ten year vet. He's played his whole career as an edge rusher in a three to four. So the Packers accommodated that they got a seventh round draft pick in return. What that does, is, of course, open a tremendous window of opportunity, not only for guys who have already been playing regularly in kings Leannigbari and Lucas van Ness behind Rashaan Gary, who's certainly the leader of that group now and has been for a while long with Preston, but also a window of opportunity for younger guys who have either barely played or haven't played. And of course I'm talking about Aaron Mosby and Brenton Cox junior. So the Packers didn't go out and add an edge rusher at the deadline. They ended up they traded one because he requested it. It's interesting to me because the more I thought about this trade and its ramifications, moving on from Preston Smith and everything over the bye week, it took me back to last season and to a lot of the things that Brian Gudakunt said after the season was over over in that from a personnel side of things, if the Packers feel they have young players who are capable, then the answer is they have to let them play, and they have to let them grow and develop by playing. There's a lot to be said for watching the veterans do it, for watching the Preston Smiths and the Rashan.
Speaker 1: Garys of the world do it.
Speaker 2: But if these guys are going to become the players that the personnel department believes they have and believes they can become, then they have to play. And this is opening that window of opportunity for guys like Mosby and Cox to play.
Speaker 3: It's an astute point and I will dive into that fully here in one moment, but before I do so, I just need to say one last.
Speaker 4: Word here about Preston Smith.
Speaker 3: Sure, because in a day and age where guys raise hell and if they don't like something, they make it known in the media, They make it known in the public. They take it out in channels in which should not be explored. Preston Smith very quietly said to the Green Bits his representation of the Packers, Hey, you know what I'm not fitting in? I don't you know nobody knew about that?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: The guys in the locker room said no, I was not, you know, talking to basically all these edge rushers saying no, I mean he never made that known. That was something the personnel department dealt with, something Brian Dudekunz dealt with. Something Preston Smith dealt with. If he got traded, great, If he doesn't, no one would have ever even knew that that situation was broach. My hat goes off to Preston Smith. Five and a half years here, he finishes his time here, six all time in sacks since nineteen eighty to two. And the fact that this guy gave so much to this team and had such an impact on all these young pass rushers and still went about his business the way he did. I've said it before, I'll say it again. He never wore a captain's patch in Green Bay. But I will tell you this man, in terms of people that absolutely represented what that was Preston Smith was that person and everybody in that locker room knew that absolutely.
Speaker 2: And it's worth saying, and I'm glad you pointed it out. It's worth saying. The way this went down, I think not only says a lot about Preston Smith, but it also said a lot about the mutual respect that existed between Preston Smith and this organization. Because if Preston smith representation goes to the packers and requests a trade, if the packers are really upset about it and they don't like it, they could very easily leak it to the media and put Preston Smith on notice, and they make him look like the bad guy for requesting a trade. That didn't happen either. These were two sides that respected each other and understood the situation, and it just very quietly got resolved. And that's it's refreshing. I guess I'll just say, though, without getting into other examples, in.
Speaker 3: Preston's a guy that is going to be thirty two years old next week. He still has a lot of football ahead of him. If he feels like this scheme in that system is going to what's going to help him propel him to having a longer career. All the credit to him for that. That being said, to your original point, I think this is a massive opportunity and I think Aaron Moseby's a really interesting guy. I thought that was really cool. On his third snap on defense with the Packers, he hits his first sack or shares a sack with Rashan Gary. The guy I'm excited to see is Brenton Cox Junior. Because the thing is is the Packers use pretty much all those outside linebackers are they have on their special teams units. Lucas Banas has a role, kings Leanningbari has a role. Certainly, Moseby's a four core.
Speaker 4: Guy for them.
Speaker 3: That being said, Brenton Cox just hasn't been able to get into that GameDay situation because a lot of that is the special teams a lot of it. The guys ahead of him on the depth chart on defense are also ahead of him on the depth chart on special teams. This is a massive opportunity for him. This is a guy that has flashed so many times as a former five star recruit. Everybody knows his story, knows what he's overcome, knows the professionalism I think he showed in one and a half years here in Green Bay. Now he potentially has an opportunity to get some snaps on the field, because, as you said, Michael, that's where ultimately this learning has to take place. That's where you have to cut your teeth. That's where you have to sink or swim. Now, both him and Moseby, you'd imagine we'll get some of those snaps as well in that re Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's where it's It's how the Packers found out last year what they had in the rookie receivers and the rookie tight ends and the young guys that the personnel department believed in and said, hey, all right, like there are gonna be some bumps in the road, but you have to let these guys play, you have to let them develop. In this case, guys like Moseby and Cox undrafted guys not to not chosen in the draft. But I think the actions over the trade deadline certainly indicate that the Packers believe in these guys, and they believe that given the opportunity, Yes there are going to be some mistakes, Yes there may be some setbacks along the way, but given the opportunity to grow and develop that these are guys who can contribute to a contending team. So we're going to we're going to find that out. Shifting back to the offense for a second, and I wrote a story after our first kind of open locker room after the bye on Monday afternoon and looking into looking in this the statistics, and you mentioned offensively, how you know, the Packers have very very in some cases high, in other cases very respectable rankings in the offensive categories. There is a bit of a discrepancy though, in the fact that the Packers ranked third in the league in yards per game offensively, but only ninth in the league in points per game. And I think that discrepancy in those two rankings, both of which are plenty solid, of course, but the discrepancy in those two rankings, I think is an indication of the opportunities that the Packers offense has let get away. And those opportunities have gotten away for the reasons that we've discussed the drop passes and the penalties and the interceptions, because we talked about, you know, Jordan Love's number being too high there, I think what the Packers feel like offensively in the sense that I got in the locker room on Monday talking to Josh Jacobs and talking to Jayden Reid and talking to Josh Myers about what's out there for this offense. Not a one of them said anything about the schemes that defenses are playing and what the other team is doing to them. They're all looking at it as this is right in front of us. Yeah, we can fix this, we can perform better, we can put better numbers on the board. This is very much this is very much an inward looking team on offense saying it's all right in front of them to get it going to where they believe they can go.
Speaker 3: The number one thing when I looked at the Packers offense and going back and going through NFLGSIS twenty ninth in red zone offense right now, twenty fourth and goal to go in nineteenth and third downs, that's really the only area where Green Bay's kind of come up short is the situational stuff. Obviously, we make a lot out of the penalties, but if you look at the penalties green Bay, it's not like they're demonstrably higher than the rest of the NFL.
Speaker 4: It's just that they've had them happen at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: Right, it's the way, it's the when they've occurred, and a lot of them, particularly early in the year, were occurring in the red zone, which is then affecting the the point production at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Had an impact, I think in the Detroit game as well, and being able to sustain drives and you know, it's one thing to move the football, it's another thing to be able to get the full six points out of it. And I feel like that's where Green Bay still has a lot left out there for them. I look at a guy like Romeo Dobbs, who has been just an absolute, you know, dream for a quarterback in the red zone. Can they get more opportunities for him. We'll see how everything goes here. With Christian Watson in the second half of the season, I think there's a lot out there for him as well. Josh Jacobs has been the third leading rusher in the National Football League. He finally got his first receiving touchdown during the first half of the season. Where can the Packers build this offense out with him as well? And as it sounds like from what Brian Gudkuin said last week, there's a potential that Marshawn Lloyd here will be back shortly as he works his way back from the ankle injury. So green Bay offensively should have their full allotment of weapons. That the other thing. And we'll preview the Bears game on Thursday and we'll get into this little bit more. But Green Bay's quarterbacks are the least sacked quarterbacks in the National Football League. They've had twelve sacks this season. The Bears have had the most. Now as far as this individual position, I think maybe Cleveland between the two quarterbacks, has more, but nobody's taken more sacks than Caleb Williams. The Packers' ability to keep the pocket clean give whether it's Jordan Love or Malik Willis, giving them a workable pocket and allowing playmakers to make plays. It's all been there for Green Bay. Can you finish these drives? That's where ultimately they need to get to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think it's out there. It's out there for the Packers. They know it, they see it. But as Josh Meyer said, you know when he was then asked as a hobb Okay, what does it take to get there? What does it take to really put yourself up there as one of the best offenses in the league. And he said it takes an intentionality every day to what you do and how you go about your work. And I think that's the you know, the inward looking message is is that that's the approach. And we'll see, I mean in a sense, we won't see because we don't get to watch practice, but maybe will hear and perhaps see in the results if some of the things that Matt Lafleur talked about in terms of changing the structure of practice a little bit, emphasizing certain things over others, if that ends up, you know, perhaps changing the results a little bit.
Speaker 1: For the better.
Speaker 2: Because and I say all that going back to your original point very early in the show talking about both sides of the ball, the Packers are close, like they are close. They are not far away from where they need to be and where they believe they should be, but they haven't gotten there.
Speaker 3: And you're never going to play a perfect game. There's going to be things that Green Bay did really well in the first half of the season that they maybe won't do as well in the second half, because that's just how this game is played. To the variables that are in play with it. But that being said, there's things that happened during the first half of the season that you just don't expect to happen over the course of an entire year. The receiver drops, right, I mean, there's guys in that equation that you expect they're going to be able to make those plays here going forward.
Speaker 2: Yea, guys who have been more reliable than they've shown in some of their worst moments.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is too And I'll close on this. I wish people maybe sometimes they get to see.
Speaker 4: These locker room interviews.
Speaker 3: Maybe they don't if you're on Packers dot Com or some of the local television stations, But like, I wish everybody could watch the six ten minutes whatever it was that Sean Ryan talked after the game against Detroit, Because when you talk about when fans get so upset and we see things in insider inbox and they don't like this, So why isn't this being fixed? How come they haven't gotten better in this area? If you would have listened to Sean Ryan after that game discussing his false start that ultimately pushed the Packers back from a third and three to a third and eight and then they end up having I think they punted on that one. Then, Yes, how seriously these guys take this and how much that bothered Sean afterwards. I'm sure it's something that still said he was thinking about going into the bye week. These guys want to get it right and they want to get things fixed, and they're not going to make excuses when you don't have Josh Myers and the communication changes on the offensive line and guys are trying to do different positions that they haven't normally played, they won't use those excuses. But at the same time, when you hear them lament their errors, hearing them for that understanding the emphasis in the intentionality to use that for a phrase. Again, these guys take this so serious. Yeah, and they want to come through for your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And we'll see when the team gets back on the practice field on Wednesday. We'll see where things are health wise with Jordan Love and with Josh Myers at center with the wrist injury, and as you mentioned that defense with jay r Alexander and Evan Williams, and hopefully the health report sort of turns in a more positive direction here. As the Packers hit the second half of the season, so I'll take care of a little bit of sponsor business here. West Sirius XMNFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news that true football fanatics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five and at Cousin Subs, we have something for everyone like our Wisconsin Cheese Kurds, mac and Cheese, golden fries, and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or sub and a bowl Cousin Subs fifty plus years of better. All right, Well, we sort of covered the state of the Packers at six and three, so let's shift gears into the state of the NFC nose because the Detroit Lions are eight and one, the Minnesota Vikings right behind at seven and two, the Packers right behind them at six and three, and the Chicago Bears this week's opponent for Green Bay, now four and five. And as we had talked about Wes, you know, they lose. They lose the game on the Hail Mary in Washington and suddenly everything is going haywire with their season. They've lost two more in a row since then. They've now fired their offensive coordinator, turned over the offense to the passing game coordinator Thomas Brown. So Shane Waldern is out, Thomas Brown is in trying to figure out trying to get the number one overall draft pick Caleb Williams going. But there is just there's a lot of turmoil.
Speaker 1: In Chicago right now.
Speaker 2: And even I mean when the home fans are channing for the head coach to be fired after a loss to the New England Patriots over the weekend, that's just that's a lot to deal with for the Packers neighbors to the south.
Speaker 3: They sure are, but the groom at Packers they is they're still looking for that first NFC North wind too.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 3: So kind of like the situation I look at with what happened to Jacksonville, this is another ponent you're not going to be able to just look past. You have to be able to go out there and set the tone. Matt Lafleur has yet to lose to the Chicago Bears as the head coach. Unfortunately, Preston Smith is no longer here. He had never lost at all at any interval of his career to the Chicago Bears, and unfortunately, I don't think we'll play them again this season. But all that being said, here's the thing that I look at this as sew or excuse me, Josh Jacobs said it as locker.
Speaker 4: I think it was after the Houston game.
Speaker 3: How football is a crazy game because you can almost see the momentum, you can feel it more than anything else. Doesn't matter what the box score says, doesn't matter what the statistics say. It's all momentum in that very moment. And it feels like the air got let out of the balloon for them in Washington, YEP, with that loss to Washington, and it had.
Speaker 2: They were four and two, on the verge of going to five and two and beating one of the up and coming teams in the league and the Washington Commanders, and as it was like the balloon popped on that one.
Speaker 3: Play in the craziest thing of all, Mike, I know you had to read my inbox when I was going off about this. Either twenty three straight drives now without a touchdown, but this stat about how Caleb Williams has neither a touchdown nor an interception in these last three games, it's it is mind boggling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bizarre one way.
Speaker 4: Or the other.
Speaker 3: Like just that it goes three straight games with none of those scoring statistics. And that being said, I mean the other thing I look at for as much flak as Williams got, as much as the Bears offensive line got in that game against New England, the Patriots are a team that really have struggled to protect their quarterback, and the Bear's got one sack on Drake May So I mean there's a lot of things happen in that universe right now for Chicago, and none of it looks good.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk more about this on Thursday as we as we more directly preview the game. But it's really interesting from a preparation standpoint because it's not as though the Bears can completely, you know, overhaul the playbook because they fired their offensive coordinator and turned it over to somebody else. But that being said, you kind of have to be prepared maybe for some unscouted looks and for you know, some changeups and and things like that, some some out of character stuff maybe in the offense, because the new offensive coordinator is going to be looking for some kind of a jump start, something that's going to energize the offense and and get them going. So on the Packers side, from a preparation standpoint, it's not as easy necessarily as saying, oh, look the Patriots got like nine sacks of Caleb Williams, and you know we can we can you know sort of you know, look at look at what they did and see how that fits what we do, and that's going to be the plan. When there's changes like this going on, you can't just make assumptions like that. That being said, you don't want to be chasing ghosts trying to guess or figure out what they're.
Speaker 1: Going to do.
Speaker 2: But it becomes a very a very different kind of week from a preparation standpoint. And that being said, this Bears defense is no picnic.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: I mean, they didn't have a great game, certainly in Arizona, but in Washington and against the Patriots, the Bears defense.
Speaker 1: Played pretty darn well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a solid unit.
Speaker 3: It's a unit that if you allow I mean, it's the way it's been with Matt ebraflus Over. I mean, they're going to play you competitively. It's just been a matter of what's going on with their offense and are they basically able to generate points in yards and production, and they were not able to do that against New England. Now, all that being said, what's funny to me in these instances is there's nothing more dangerous than a team or a person with nothing to lose. And we're entering those waters now for the Bears, because if this thing continues to turn, there won't be a year four for Ebraflus. There's going to be another change over again, and they're going to try to find another head coaching staff that can work with Caleb Williams to try to build him up the quarterback they feel.
Speaker 4: He can be.
Speaker 3: But all that being said is that's stuff for down the line. What the Packers have to worry about is this game at Soldier Field and again needing to pick up not only wins in this division, but wins in this conference. And Green Bay schedule as far as wins and losses are concerned, looks favorable during the second half, But you look at a San Francisco team that now has Christian McCaffrey back, You look at you know, how the Miami Dolphins look with Tua and the beaten that they put down on the Rams, and certainly we're gonna have another matchup with Detroit, this is going to be a challenge, and I feel like moments like this, going down to Soldier Field, this is where you can own it and sort of set your tone and build yourself up during this final stretch, much like they were able to do last year during that big run they got on.
Speaker 2: Well at the top of the NFC North. If you had told me Wes going into the bye weekend that the Detroit Lions and the Minnesota Vikings were going to combine to throw eight interceptions on Sunday and that they were both going to win, I was gonna, you know, say, huh, like.
Speaker 1: What are you talking.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted, one of Jared Goff's five interceptions was a hail Mary at the end of the first half, sort of meaningless in that respect, but still, even if you take that one away, Jared got through four other interceptions. Sam Darnold threw three for Minnesota. The Vikings didn't even get a touchdown in Jacksonville. But the defensive performances of both of those teams. What the Vikings did. Now they were facing Mac Jones, the backup quarterback for Jacksonville, it wasn't Trevor Lawrence, but Minnesota's defense. Other than one drive in the game where Mac Jones got a touchdown, they just completely shut the Jaguars down. And the Detroit Lions, after some real shaky moments in the first half and falling behind by sixteen points, they pitched a second half shutout on the road at Houston against a first place team and a quarterback in CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud who looked.
Speaker 2: Like he was getting back to being at NFL offensive Rookie of the Year that he was last year, and Detroit's defense just completely locked it down with the help of one very very poorly thrown pass that should have been a fit fifty yard touchdown that turned into an interception for Stroud when he had a absolute layup for a bomb for a touchdown and through a terrible ball, and that really ended up being the difference in the game because the Lions are not going to be able to overcome one more touchdown by the Texans, and Texans had their opportunity. That being said, though the top of this NFC North eight and one, seven and two, six and three, the numbers are right there. It's a it's going to be it's going to be quite the fight, but the Detroit Lions are the team that remains in control of this division.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if if you want a quick synopsis of how you managed to lose a game in which he led twenty three to seven and a half time, this is what will suit you. Zero net yards interception, one net yard punt, forty net yards interception, six net yards, punt, one net yard punt, four net yards punt, thirty net yards, missfield goal. That's how you lose a football game. Uh, listen, good.
Speaker 2: That was just a train wreck of a second half. Not good by the Houston Texans offense, and they're defense was trying to keep them in. It's not it's not like the Lions just exploded for a whole bunch of points. The Lions got enough points and got what they needed to make the comeback and win the game. The Texans defense is fighting and trying to hold them in there while the offense was just absolutely self destructive.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean this is they started the first touchdown of the second half. You know, the Lions started at the Houston forty four, right, Just that's just the way it goes. But anyway, that's neither here nor there. Good teams find ways to win games, and Detroit is a very good team, and I still think Minnesota is a good team. Sam Donald. The shine is starting to come off of it a little bit, but there's there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of you know, we obviously talked a lot about the interceptions with Jordan Love. There's a big turnover and interception discussion going on in Minnesota with Sam Donald right now. And because the last two games against the Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Vikings have won those games because of their defense and not really because of anything Sam Donald has done.
Speaker 3: You know, and I look at it that it's becoming more evident to me as much of a star as Justin Jefferson is, and certainly TJ. Hockinson now that he's back, but Aaron Jones is something that really does drive that offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 3: They are a different team when he's unavailable, and unfortunately he left for a little bit. I think came back dealing with maybe a rib issue. Aaron Jones might be their most As much as they were talking about Sam Darnold as a possible like MVP candidate, Aaron Jones might be the most important asset to that offense right now with what they're doing. But Donald has to figure some stuff out because he went from looking like a guy that could really bring them somewhere to okay, can we win and despite this guy? And that's something Minnesota's going to figure out now. To their credit, they do not take the wins off the board. You are seven and two right now, you still have a lot of momentum, and they've been in the front before with Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Then let that thing go.
Speaker 3: They have to be able to find ways to keep the winnings coming. It just so happened they're playing a Jacksonville team with as many issues that they have, yep, and if not more, and they found a way to tek out that victory. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it's gonna be h It's gonna be an entertaining second half of the season, no doubt about it. We will dive more into specifically the Bears and this matchup of the Packers and the Bears at Soldier Field on Sunday. Will do that on our next show in a.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you didn't want to talk about Baltimore and Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Oh, too far away. We can go. It's time to go. Let's talk about the draft. But how about that? Huh yeah, that was a game.
Speaker 2: That was a game I remarked to, Uh yeah, that was way I forgot about it because I was moving back on Thursday night, you know, before all of the craziness and one score close games on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I watched the end of this shows you the ultimate bye week experience. I watched the end of that game from Shoots bar in Swama Goo there you go, like, and just seeing the the the way that both of those teams are thinking down the stretch to end up being a very probably probably one of the better Thursday Night games ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well.
Speaker 2: And to be honest and not to go off on a complete tangent here, Yeah, but that's what Thursday night football should be is division rivals. Yes, because of teams that know each other, you don't need all the the extra preparation that goes into playing the more unfamiliar opponents. Thursday night games should be division games because then that's what makes for much better Thursday night football, yes, than when you randomly pair the Los Angeles Rams and the you know, Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's just you know, division games on Thursday night makes for better Thursday night football. I think the NFL needs to needs to understand that.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm with you before we go.
Speaker 2: The home of the twenty twenty five NFL Draft is right here in Green Bay April twenty four through April twenty six of twenty twenty five. Visit green Bay dot com slash Draft twenty five for more information, and with that, we'll call it a rap on this edition of Packers Unscripted. Be sure to follow all of our coverage of the team on Packers dot com For Wes, I'm Miike.
Speaker 1: Thank you for tuning in, everybody. We will see you next time.