Speaker 1: You just kind of take us through what your summer was like from the last time we talked to you, where you were working on and what you were up through.
Speaker 2: Uh, summer was pretty much the same from what I had told you. You know, still working, still taking it day by day, lifting, trying to work with my body.
Speaker 1: Same thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, urg City challenged you to be here every day and you beat him in here several times.
Speaker 2: What has that relationship been, Uh, it's been I would say it's been good. You know, me as a person, I like a challenge. So I feel like he knows that. I feel like I told you guys that before. But you know, he just keeps, you know, staying on me with that challenge, and I'm gonna keep on taking it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep running with it.
Speaker 2: So each and every day he still challenged me to you know, get better at something, do something different. So I would say, you know, him challenging me is just you know, making me get better each and every day.
Speaker 3: How much different do you feel with how you put on weight during the off season going in this training camp.
Speaker 1: I feel well, I feel really well.
Speaker 2: Actually, just uh, you know, put on a little more muscle, you know, focus on you know, just the little muscles in my body as well being in the training room and things of that sort. Uh man I h, I just feel real good. I feel fluid, you know, I feel strong.
Speaker 1: Do you feel a difference in practice when where your reps in terms of wind or or anything like that or is it too early? Then for sure, I definitely feel the difference. I can.
Speaker 2: I felt the difference, you know, just you know, striding out doing regular things. So you know, I can't wait til we actually, you know, get in and start doing everything with the pageant stuff.
Speaker 1: You're an outsider.
Speaker 2: You to play on this line with bosauh hard Grave Armstead, You're gonna get a lot of one on one truly blessed. It's a it's a blessed line to play with, you know. I feel like God just put me in the right place at the right time, with the the right people.
Speaker 1: Both just depends a.
Speaker 3: Lot of time comparing notes with with Trent Williams and you talk about their their crafts.
Speaker 1: Have have you done that yet with Trent?
Speaker 3: And try to kind of uh learn through him what to what.
Speaker 2: To do on the path far every now and then every now and then again, Trent, will you know, just come over to me if we have a rep at practice or something. He'll let me know what I did, you know, try to help me fix it. But you know, just as like a friendly vet, you know, he's just always looking out for me.
Speaker 3: And look back at last off season compared to what you did this off season. Is there any way to really know is a rookie what you need to do to prepare for an NFL season?
Speaker 2: Probably would say just trying to follow the older guys since they already know what you know, they've seen, and uh, they've seen pretty much, you know, everything that the old line and NFL could give him. So I'll definitely say follow the the vets because they've seen already. You gotta play with You're twenty yards down the field running with Elijah Mitchell and you're talking about city Will's challenging.
Speaker 1: You get anticipate being in covers a lot or what do you think your role is gonna look like this year?
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll have set the regular roles that we have, you know that play, you know, it just so happened that I had to do what I had to do, and you know, it's just the places that we're giving you know, I don't really see uh us dropping like that, but you know, whatever we have to do, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: So part of the woking up this offseason.
Speaker 2: To play more knowing that you're more.
Speaker 1: Really it was just for me just working on myself.
Speaker 2: You know, I felt like I needed to get bigger and uh to sustain throughout the season, and like I said, from the first season, just kind of taking what I what I've known from the last season.
Speaker 1: I felt like I needed a little more weight.
Speaker 3: Between your athletic and but to run muscle mass.
Speaker 2: And then keep that for me, I feel like, uh, that never never left with any weight I was at. You know, it felt like the athleticness or I don't even know if that's worth my bad, but.
Speaker 1: Just I feel like that never left.
Speaker 2: It never changed when I gained weight, And you know, I've just been staying on my you know, staying on my body to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: So if somebody's asked about.
Speaker 3: You carried uh Elijah.
Speaker 1: On about fifteen twenty yards downfield today.
Speaker 2: Is that the play that you pride yourself on being able to maintain that speed even even if you're a little bigger. Now, I'm just happy I stayed with him. You know, I just want to make a play. It's not really something I pride myself on. I'm just trying to make a play, uh not let the offense get a play. So really, I just, you know, I just felt like I was just stopping the offense from you know, getting yards.
Speaker 3: A lot of guys take time off before camp.
Speaker 1: You didn't. You were here all the time.
Speaker 2: Why sacrifices, man, Sometimes you got sacrifice to for the better. So I know, I mean, I know I could have, you know, took a break, but I would rather stay here, work on myself, and you know, this season hopefully a show.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks very nice, appreciate you guys. Mhm