Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday, Welcome to the Fifth Thing. I'm Amy and I'm Kat, and well today is announcement day. We tease that the twenty fifth would be when we make our announcement of something we've been talking about for a while, and today's the day. And I mean Kat, you would agree. Change is weird and scary and scary. Yes, and pretty much what we have to tell you is four Things is getting a little makeover of sorts, and a lot of change has been happening over the last several months, and finally, on April first, the big flip will happen. Now, if change is weird for you, and you've been a loyal listener from the beginning, you might be like, what what is happening? But as writer and poet Maya Angelo once said, we delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. So I don't know. Back in the fall, maybe I was a little caterpillar and I went to cat We.
Speaker 2: Were at the nail salon. It are we getting our nails done? Okay?
Speaker 1: So it was last August, Yes, yesterday, we got our nails done, and I just threw it out to Kat, would you like to be a full time co host on the podcast? Because I was doing four things on Thursday by myself and the bonus episode was the fifth thing, and she came on as my co host for the fifth thing a few.
Speaker 2: Years ago, like maybe three.
Speaker 1: Then I got this idea after we got our nails done, and I guess I had been thinking there might be some change, but I didn't know what that would look like. And then I remember we left and I was driving in my car and I called you and I was in I pulled into my house and I was in my driveway and I asked you, and I remember being a little bit nervous, but then you were like, well, yeah, I've been kind of thinking that you need therapy is getting a little bit much for me, which is a podcast that Kat was hosting, and I didn't know how she would feel about sort of combining ours, although this is not a therapy podcast, and we'll get to what it is turning into. But with that quote, I think it's just a beautiful picture of we're about to turn into our butterflies. I guess we are now because this is announced it butterfly, but on April first, we'll be taking flight. So I'd say, back in August, we were a little caterpillars, and then the last several months, lots of months, gosh, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Six months we're inn We.
Speaker 1: Were in our cocoon and we were turning into bush and trying to figure this whole thing out, and we're finally ready to emerge. So that is why the butterfly quote was very fitting for this.
Speaker 3: So drum roll please, if.
Speaker 4: You ever have feelings that you just wollsome maybe a cat gotcha cob and locking a brother, Ladies and fells, do you just follow an the spirit where it's ound of this phone and real stuff to the chill stuff and m but swaying. Sometimes the best thing you can do it just you feel things. This is feeling things with.
Speaker 3: Amy and Kat.
Speaker 1: The podcast now has a new name, so it's no longer four Things with Amy Brown. It is feeling things with Amy and Kat, Feeling things with Amy and Kat, Feeling things with Amy and Kat and Ka. Yeah, so we're still working on things, but it'll be on this feed formerly Four Things with Amy Brown. You don't have to change anything everything that you do to access. This podcast is the same for you. You'll just see new artwork and then obviously you'll hear feeling Things. So Walker Hayes originally did my four Things theme song and he is a part of the rebrand, so we're getting a little Walker Hayes Feeling Things remix, and yeah, Kat is now a full time co host again. It's called Feeling Things with Amy and Kat, and our tagline is a podcast for anyone who's ever had feelings or wants to, and.
Speaker 5: Which is everybody, Yeah, let's hope. Well yeah, I mean, I guess a couple people could be left out of that.
Speaker 1: They're like, I don't I don't want to have feelings and I don't have them. There's hope, I guess. And then the description is Feeling Things with Amy and Kat is a podcast for anyone who's ever had feelings or wants to, Hosted by Amy Brown and therapist Kat van Buren. This isn't a therapy podcast. It's a space where nothing is off limits, from deep reflections on childhood to pop culture obsessions to what's happening in the world. All feelings deserve space, big, small, and everything in between. At its core, it's real friends having real conversations about real feelings. Some topics are heavy, some are light, but all are worth talking about. After all, in a world that moves fast, sometimes the best thing we can do is stop and feel things.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, I said, that's a description. We also have an Instagram for the podcast. We'd love for you to follow at Feeling Things Podcast. Kat secured that, good job, and we will be loading up some content as we gear up for April first, to make sure you follow, and we'll be in the stories, both of us interacting with you all. We look forward to that, and we're going to do a little snail giveaway as well. I know sometimes incentive helps, but I'm obsessed with snail serum. I gave Kat some Biopel Tensage forty. It's a ten pack of this amazing snail stuff. I gave it to her two years ago and she never used it.
Speaker 2: That's a lie. I used it two months ago.
Speaker 1: No, I was getting to that point. You didn't let me finish it took you two years to use it. What I was saying is, yeah, you finally tried it a couple of months ago, and what you're obsessed, I'm obsessed with it. Yeah, this is a big deal. So your initial feeling about it was this is weirdless, I'm not putting snail stuff on my face. Thanks for the gift, Amy, but I'm going to keep it in a drawer. And I thought I didn't throw it out, Yeah, because that ten pack is one hundred and fifty dollars value.
Speaker 5: Well, I only had I didn't have the whole pack. I had a sample.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't give you the whole ten pack.
Speaker 2: Which rightfully, so I didn't deserve it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Why thought I gave you the whole thing? Okay, well goud So you just left a one little van It was like, yeah, two little ampuels. Okay. So this is a win win for you. You get to follow along with me and Kat and then you also get a chance at the ten sage forty the snail SERMs. We'll be giving away a ton of those, and that's just a fun little thing, and we'll do other giveaways on there. And just to give you a breakdown of what the episodes are going to be like, well, let's start with Tuesdays. I'm used to the four Things layout, which it started with just every Thursday episodes and then Bobby and I were talking, we were like, we should do bonus episodes. Well, we thought Tuesday was the best day. So it was weird because four things were on Thursdays and then the fifth thing was on Tuesday at the top of the week. It always felt a little weird backwards, but that's why we're changing. Changing is good. We're evolving.
Speaker 2: It's part of being a butterfly.
Speaker 1: If you're not evolving, you're dying. You're dying exactly. So let's start with the top of the week since that's what we do now here. So Tuesday is going to be amy and cat chat type situation. Maybe occasional interviews guests that come on, but really we want to just keep this conversational with me and Kat, like we're your girlfriends, joining you for whatever it is you have going on. It's going to be casual, there's no rules, free flow whatever, stories, pop culture things, things we're learning, things were unlearning. And then on Thursdays, we're stealing a page from Cat's Unique Therapy podcast and we are doing couch Talks, which that'll be our listener Q and a episode.
Speaker 5: Where you guys can just send in anything that you have questions whether it's for Amy, whether it's for me, whether it's for both of us.
Speaker 1: A topic, suggestion, something you want to go over. We will be bringing back the voicemail line, although I will say emails were way more popular than the voicemail line, which I always I'm confusing, like I want to hear y'all's voices. So when we bring that back, I would love for you to call. I would love to do live calls, like get people on and interact with them, like talk hey, this is instead of just giving a response, and then they can interact a little bit. So that could be on the horizon.
Speaker 2: On the horizon.
Speaker 1: It is on the horizon. And if you want to hit us up, you can. Now you can start emailing us Hello at Feeling Things podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's me.
Speaker 1: What's up? His song? I Hello Hello from the other side. That's what I was saying, the same song.
Speaker 2: Doesn't I say hello Hello? Doesn't say it to me?
Speaker 1: It's maybe anyway. People won't forget that now they'll remember Hello at Feeling Things podcast dot com. And we would love to hear from you again. April first, it's going to be the first episode. This is not an April fools joke. I was telling Kat the other day when we were going over the calendar and we were like, yeah, let's do it on April first, and I was like, oh, yeah, that's April Fols. And I was like, oh, it's also the day my dad died. And I'll never forget that because obviously the day died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was fine.
Speaker 1: But anyway, well, dates get a little tricky, Like, I know, my mom's is October twenty seventh because it's the day before my sister's birthday. That was a little rough, but like, I don't know if it was actually assigned to that. Sometimes they might be like, shoot, was it the you know, twenty second or was it the twenty third, because sometimes you play that game. But now April Fols is my dad and I won't never forget that because we kept thinking this would be the ultimate dad prank if he's on life support and we unplugg him and then he's like just kidding, you know, I'd be like, how do you pull that off? April fools. He didn't know. He never woke up. Obviously, Obviously I'm feeling fine about it. I think time has passed offers levity to the I mean we were laughing about it in that n as we unpluged, which honestly might have been nice to have some levity in probably one of the hardest days. Oh yes, because I mean with my mom her body went naturally, and then with my dad we had done pluggin. It was two very different experiences. But I ever tell you the song that was playing. So when you unplug someone, you don't know if they're gonna pass away in a minute, three minutes or three days, you don't know. And the doctor told us from what he could tell, it would happen rather quickly, but he can't guarantee anything. So my sister had a playlist on loop shuffle is that how you say it? A shuffle on my dad's iPad, And when the doctor said, okay, he's gone now that song with Dolly Pardon and I can't think of his other name. He's a Christian artist. They have a song together called There Was Jesus, and that was the song that was playing whenever the doctor is like it's time. And then right after that song, Amarilla by Morning came on, which so my dad was like two stepping. I've told that story, I know on the podcast or would. I don't know I've ever told it to you. But anyway, we're not going to talk about said things like that sometimes, but hey, sometimes we will because Feeling Things is a podcast where all feelings are welcome, and sometimes you may not know your feelings. So this is gonna be a good way for you to get to know all the different feelings are out there that are out there, and Kat has made this feelings wheel.
Speaker 2: I made my own.
Speaker 5: You can find them anywhere, but I made one that made sense with how I have categorized and looked at and kind of learned how to access my own feelings.
Speaker 2: If you need that, we have that for you.
Speaker 1: When we're going to do a newsletter. Once we get that up and running, that'll be incentive. You can type in your email and get the feelings and.
Speaker 2: We'll send that to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, as part of that. So how are you feeling about the announcement finally being out there? How are you feeling about the announcement finally being out there?
Speaker 5: The feeling I have in my body is like relief because I feel like we've been holding this in for what six months?
Speaker 1: And I guess originally my plan was, Okay, we'll announce it January. Again, you want'll announce it in February, and then well once it in March, and now here it is late March and we're launching April first. But that is patience because it just wasn't the right time.
Speaker 2: Right it would have been rushed.
Speaker 5: But I also feel like you, I don't know if this is you in all aspects of life, but you really just wanted to blurt it out, and it was hard to hold it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course, Now some people, especially if they listen to the Bobby Bone Show, they might understand sometimes I spoil things, but I don't mean to. I get ahead of myself and I blurt out things that sometimes might be.
Speaker 2: A key part because you're excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because well, I'm just excited. I'm not thinking like, oh, that's not something that's just known. Like I'm thinking, before you watch something, you may already know this is sort of what's taking place, Like I'm not giving away the whole picture. But then oftentimes, inevitably there's a listener that will email in and say, Bobby Amy spoiled this from me. I had no idea that was going to happen, And I'm like, shoot, but.
Speaker 2: Is it something that's in the like commercial.
Speaker 1: That's what I think. So I get ahead and blurt it out, but it's it must not be because then Mike d will fact check it and I'll be like, yeah, sure enough, she's spoiled it. So now do you know on the show, like, I'm only allowed to say, like if I've watched something, I'll be like, I watched Paradise. I think that's one I kind of ruined a little bit too. But if I was reviewing it, I'm just allowed to say, I watched Paradise. I give it, you know, five presidents out of five that's it.
Speaker 2: Me, Well, you get it five.
Speaker 1: Out of five stars, but you pick something from the show that has to do with it. And so there's a president in the show Paradise. So I can just say the show and if I like it or not, basically got it. I'm not allowed to give any other thoughts or details around it, which Kat and I will be talking pop culture type things on here and even shows at times, and I promise I'm going to have a little bit more to say, but I'm not going to spoil anything at all.
Speaker 5: We're going to do your best, yeah, to try not to because I think I know what you spoiled in Paradise, and I don't think that's a spoiler really because I got trouble with the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh and it's what the shows about. Well thanks for having me back. Yeah, you see what's here on the table.
Speaker 2: Feelings will but it's not mine.
Speaker 1: Well, it's called an emotional barometer, and so like you spin it and then you go to the thing that it lands on. So instead of talking about anything else, we can just kind of close with a feeling, because I do think that that's what's going to happen in the episodes, is you're going to learn about more of your feelings, and you're going to learn new types of feelings. You're going to be able to assign new language, I guess how you're feeling, because sometimes you can't. You don't know, I don't know how to say how I feel. But when you have a wider vocabulary, you can. And so we'll slowly but surely start to cover all of that. And again it won't be heavy like all in one episode where you're just getting all this information. It's kind of like you're talking with your girlfriends and you have a mix of it walk away from you know, the happy hour or the hang Do you ever have that with your I mean, I know you and I have it together, but I have a couple of other friends too, where when I'm going to go on a hike with them or get dinner with them happy hour, I know I'm walking away with a little nugget fun and a little nugget a wisdom. Yes, one of those people being Ali Fallon and Gracie Moochlar. So this is a little nugget that you're going to get and it'll be like weaved in, but it won't seem like an overwhelming thing. Okay, you're trying to get a spin, but then I'm going to have to find it. But just spin it. And that's why I thought, I want to just draw it.
Speaker 2: Flick it. Oh what can I respin it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: I got a.
Speaker 1: Weepy Oh okay, well weepy it is, except for we should probably just draw it because spinning it, I have to find it. Oh okay, so oh found Sorry, as I was doing that, it came across it. Okay, if you're feeling weepy, we're not actually crying at the moment. But the tears are far closer to the surface than they normally would be. A whole host of relatively minor things threatens to set us off. See I've been this, but I don't think I would ever be able to say, Oh, I'm weepy right now?
Speaker 2: What would you say? You're irritable probably.
Speaker 1: Or I'm on the verge of crying. Strangely, they aren't the grim things we might associate with crying. They're things that feel especially beautiful, tender, or pure.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm weepy all the time now it's.
Speaker 1: Taken a shift. We might feel our eyes moistening at the sight of something delicate, like flowers breaking through the hard earth after a long winter, or a parent and a child chatting together in a cafe. The kid is talking about a penguin they've seen recently in a book, or a friend who greets us in an unusually warm way, or a moment in a film when a moralistic father makes up with his wayward son. The source of our weepiness is located in the place where the troubles of life collide with what is still kind and good in the world. The loveliness we see in a film in a park in a book makes the actual ugliness of day to day life all the more vivid. We want to cry at poignant reminders of a kind of paradise that's ever more elusive, at what we crave and have been exiled from. Ooh, weepees deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was not what I saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me neither. So see I didn't even know really what weep want. Now we do, so we do want weep. Yeah, you almost didn't want it. That's what we're not done. There's more on the back. These cards are so cool again. It's called Emotional Barometer. You can get them at the Schooloflife dot com. I got them at.
Speaker 5: Eye Oh this actually like stands up and stuff you can put on your desk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had this in the gift shop at that therapy retreat I went to. Okay, here, continuing with weepe, if we were to consider the unusual project of trying to create a robot that could feel weepy, we would have to do something apparently rather cruel. We would have to ensure that this robot knew about suffering, that it was able to hate itself and feel loss and confusion, For it is against the kind of background of pain that beautiful scenes become deeply important rather than merely nice. Our weepiness is telling us something key, that our lives are tougher than they were when we were little, and that our longing for uncomplicated niceness and goodness is correspondingly all the more intense. When we are weepy, we don't need to be cheered up or told to feel grateful for the good things we still have. Ideally, we'd like the sorrow in us to meet the sorrow in another person. It sounds odd, but perhaps we'd like to weep quietly for a bit with someone else who understands. And I feel like that was the perfect one for you to spin the wheel on, because as I was reading that last part, I have a sense of gratitude for four things and all that it was so many years and where it started and how it evolved in itself, and then now what it's becoming now with you. And there's like a tender spot for little me that started that then and then who I am now and I'm grateful. So that last part just made me think like there's some some weepiness And to the loyal listeners that have been with us the entire time and will continue to be here. Thank you. And if you happen to be listening to this for the very first time ever and you're like, oh, it's just really excited about getting into the fifth thing, Well this is the last one.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you kind of have it all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, there's lots of other things you can still go back and listen to. I assume I'm just gonna ask Morgan. All of that will stay on the Yeah, so boom. Morgan confirmed that everything will stay up. Every four Things episode ever done. Some actually I wish would go away, delete and die and never come back, but they'll be there forever. And then you can start with feeling things, which we'll figure out how we're going to be numbering them. But there are hundreds and hundreds of four things for you to listen to, and thank you to those that were with me throughout a lot of those, if not all of them. And by hundreds of hundreds, I don't know the exact number, but more Oh wasn't you Morgan. I was doing some numbers with Fazzio the other day and I think she said that we're about to hit like twenty five million downloads.
Speaker 5: You're about to say twenty five million episodes. No, that would be I love I'd be over a thousand episodes. You think we haven't.
Speaker 1: Hit a thousand yet. That's why I know it's in the hundreds. But which obviously some of those downloads, those are repeat people. It's not the same people, but just over the years and some episodes you know, have way more than others. Can't explain it, don't know why, but Kat and I hope you'll listen to every single episode of Feeling Things every Tuesday, every Thursday, never miss it because we want you to be.
Speaker 2: With us and thank you for letting me join you on this.
Speaker 1: Thank you for accepting and you need therap people always be alive too. People can go back and listen to that. Which something that I'm going to be doing, like on this Thursday's episode and next thursdays before we lead up to April. First, Katin will be with me in a little intro. I think we'll see TVD. You'll have to listen to find out. But I'll be setting up some of your you Need Therapy episodes so people can listen to it on the Four Things feed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I want to add too, you just remind me of this, you need therapy and four Things is part of the reason we even met.
Speaker 2: Outweigh is well, yes, but that was part of four Things at the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that kind of those things brought us together and now we're kind of combining them. So it is like a sweet phase of life.
Speaker 1: We're emerging. We're still in our cocoon though, so give us a week or so. We'll come out. April first, all right, We hope y'all are having the day that you need to have and woo boop see April first. Oh, and we'll also see you on Instagram at Feeling Things podcast and I'm at Radio Amy and you are at kat van Buren.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,