Speaker 1: You're listening to the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. Back to throw to a looking whips about.
Speaker 3: A wide Dolphin touchdown, Tyriquel, uncolievable, just.
Speaker 1: Blue fire for a second time. Don't know where he was going right away. I want to hit that though. Man, I'm gonna help you. Someone will step on his man.
Speaker 3: Away Wattle, wadle to a shotgun, back to throw, looking at them.
Speaker 2: Up myers touchdown, it's waddle, It's six touchdown patdowns the King. Drive Time with Travis Wingfield begins.
Speaker 1: Now let me check your pulse if you're not for.
Speaker 2: What is up? Dolphins?
Speaker 3: And welcome to the Drive Time podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins podcast Network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: How's it going everybody?
Speaker 3: I am your host, Travis Wingfield And on today's episode, I get allowed to requests from more offensive line talk. This is the episode for all those requests that have been put in over the years. We're gonna talk to Austin Jackson, We're gonna talk to Isaiah Win, and we're going to preview the entire offensive line room. As we are now just one week out from the first day of Miami Dolphins training Camp twenty twenty three. All of that and more from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: The Drive Time Podcast.
Speaker 4: Maggie Jeffy First.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and Sandwich the O line preview with a couple of walking talks. One hundred Yards with a couple of really big dudes that were drafted in the first round.
Speaker 2: Once upon time.
Speaker 3: Austin Jackson, Isaiah win Let's kick it off with Austin Jackson. We'll hear from Isaiah on the back end of the podcast. Here's my talk with Austin Jackson.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys.
Speaker 3: Travis Wingfield back here again for another edition of one hundred Yards with Travis Wingfield, Dolphins offensive lineman. Here, Austin Jackson joins me, let's get going down the field here, Austin, So, it's been a long time since last year in the football field. I know your issuing to get back. I'm just curious how your approach has been this off season looking forward to getting back on the field for games.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well you said, I'm definitely looking forward to get back. Dealing with last year's injury. I think dealing with that kind of helped me to get more of a focus kind of my daily routine in the NFL. Being away from the game gave me a lot of time to kind of see, you know, just what kind of impact I wanted to make on the game, and you know, look at more resources and you know, just get more advice and just kind of add to the hunger that I already had for playing the game.
Speaker 3: What does that look like your routine like in terms of I guess daily approaching the off season, what does a day look like for you?
Speaker 6: Well, first things first, you know, definitely wake up and.
Speaker 5: I try to watch as much film as I can, so I'm definitely first things first to studying, understanding my playbook that I have to utilize all year to the best of my ability, so then when we start game planning, I can be as efficient as possible. And then my body is the probably the second biggest thing to mental taking care of myself, making sure you getting my daily cardio stretches, getting as flexible as possible, and doing it over and over again. That's where you see improvements and consistency and just focusing on doing it over and over and being consistent.
Speaker 7: Repetition kind of gets it exactly second nature.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of that second year and a new offense that I've heard from different players and coaches, people are on the leg that that's typically when things have to click in to become second nature.
Speaker 7: How have you kind of envisioned, or.
Speaker 3: I should say, how have you noticed the second nature of being in year two of this offense?
Speaker 6: I definitely feel like my play can be faster.
Speaker 5: This is my first off season not grasping a whole new play, but going into the season, so with having a little bit of knowledge and experience from some of the certain plays we had last year. Definitely it's allowing me to play faster and you know, focus on some other things as well that I need to get better at.
Speaker 7: Can you believe it's your four already?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 6: No, I can't. It's just like that.
Speaker 5: That's where I was twenty years old in Miami first round pick, and now I'm here. But it's you know, it's everything I wanted, you know, and I'm very happy to be here.
Speaker 3: How do you think you've changed as a person? Because I have to you mentioned being twenty years old. Remember you and Noah like two of the three youngest players. I think when you guys came in right now, I mean, I don't want to say old head, but you've been around for you know, a minute.
Speaker 7: Now you're a vet. How do you think you've changed a person since then?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I definitely just matured, you know, knowledge is everything. I've learned so much, and the organization of my teammates have really, you know, showed me a lot of love and.
Speaker 6: Taking care of me and allowed me to grow.
Speaker 5: And I'm just looking forward to being the best version of myself on and off the field, you know.
Speaker 6: Going forward.
Speaker 7: You're pretty much it at all. Thanks Austome forrety sure your time. Austin Jacksons trevs.
Speaker 3: I always love my conversations with guys that came in the same year as I did twenty twenty. So that's Tua, that's Austin, That's Noah, that is Rob, that's Ray Kwan, Brandon Jones, and then I think the rest of that draft class is now elsewhere, but another one of these draft classes that produced, you know a handful of guys that have been big time producers here and hopefully Austin can really kind of get back to being healthy and make that big step in his career because that would be a huge boon for this team and of course for a guy that I'm rooting for in a big, big way. Super nice, always cordial around the building, and as you could tell, they're really really easy to talk to and always really analytical in the way he answers, you know, press conference questions and talks about scheme and just the intricacies of playing offensive line. And he once upon time told me that Martin Stadium in Pullman was the toughest road environment he ever played in. But he did tell me later on that the reason that he said that wasn't necessarily because it was the toughest place to play, but the game they played on a Friday night once upon a time up in Pullman, number five ranked USC goes down to number fifteen ranked Washington State. With your boy in the building, they strip sacked Sam Darnold to end that game, and we've stormed the field in Pullman. Mike Leach got the old mustache slapped across his face there with Gardner Minshew. A really really fun time. So go Koog's Austin Jackson appreciate the love for the Cougs there and really fun interview there with him. Let's go ahead and take our first break right here and come back on the other side. We'll talk about Austin and Isaiah in the offensive line preview.
Speaker 2: A very extensive room.
Speaker 3: I think it has the most players besides maybe DB's in the O line rooms. Allowed to be a busy, meaty portion of the podcast here talking offensive lineman seems fitting.
Speaker 2: We'll do that.
Speaker 3: We'll come back on the other side after that, and here if Isaiah win. All of that and more next on the Draft Time Podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. On this hump day, we kick it inside to the offensive line, talk about the big uglies, the people movers, the guys that don't get the credit but deserve as much of the shine as all the guys that touch the football and visit the end zone and score the points. It's the offensive line. And we started off with the guy who, in his first year with the Miami Dolphins, really demonstrated how valuable good quality center play can be and just how valuable he was to this Dolphins front, Connor Williams, number fifty eight. And I say it all the time, it seemed pretty obvious based on McDaniel's track record and the investment the teams that he was a part of that they made at the center position, that it was important to him. And of course Connor had largely been a guard with the Cowboys. He played tackle at Texas and some of the pros as well. But then he comes here and has his best season as a pro in the pivot, and what does that all tell me? It tells me that he's a smart player who's capable of training his body for different muscle memory and has the ability to do it rather quickly. And you know, last training camp, my biggest pet peeve was the trope of the Beat reporters and tweets and fans talking about high snap. Because you probably ran about five hundred reps in a single training camp, about a half of a season worth of plays, and I think there was maybe four snaps that were high. I think maybe two that got away from Tua. So we're talking about a fraction, and I understand why it happens, because there's tangibility to it. You know, I don't think there's a lot of folks calling out, you know, that's a good reach block right there by Connor Williams. Good job getting to the second level. Nice combo there on that duo play. Not a lot of that going on, so I think that there's a bit of you know, oh, I can tell what happened to the ball didn't get to the quarterbacks. I'm gonna go ahead and report that and make it a big deal. It was never a big deal. It wasn't a big deal in season. There was a couple of high snaps, but ultimately it never really impacted the offense. So I just wanted to get that out in the open and with the knowledge of how this system really favors good center play. I asked about that during the run up to the draft, what do you think McDaniel will like in his center and who fits that mold in the draft? And you know, to a man, but really the one that matter most to me was Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network When I asked that question in his pre draft press conference, he said, it was a player who is smart and a player who can move, and that's exactly who Connor Williams is. He's so adept at getting out in space and cutting off second level linebackers who have him outflowed to the snap, but he doesn't just overrun the play like you often see it. And frankly, if alignment's outside the numbers on the field, like you know, the ten twenty thirty forty yard line numbers in the field and simply forces the defender to hesitate or change directions, that's a good job. But Connor is so adept in this area that he can square up those blocks and take those guys entirely out of the play and give a guy like Raheem Moster a free track a runway to go. And if he gets that, we've seen what he can do with it in terms of you know, not just chunk gains, but sixty plus yard runs.
Speaker 2: That changes a football game. So Connor's a big part of that.
Speaker 3: I thought he was excellent getting everything all aligned up front. His pass protection numbers speak for themselves. A ninety eight point four PBE. That's pass block efficiency, which takes your snaps divided by pressures or maybe vice versa.
Speaker 2: I don't know math.
Speaker 3: And yeah, centers do post higher numbers than guards and tackles there, but Connor was number six among all centers last year in pb E per PFF. That's Pro Football Focus is past block efficiency. Connor Williams ranked sixth among all NFL centers. Speaking of centers, Number sixty two Alama Ulave from USC the UDFA, Sorry not USC. Why do I keep saying that? I keep confusing him with Brandon Peeley for some reason. Maybe it's the Polynesian aspect of it. But first team All Mountain West his senior year at San Diego State.
Speaker 2: Again, apologize for that.
Speaker 3: He did that with just six pressures allowed on three hundred and sixty seven pass blocking snaps. He's got the same makeup that we discussed with Connor regarding the foot quickness. You can definitely see that on his tape, good flexibility in a fast first step. He was a team captain there, and I really think that this camp is a chance for him to potentially earn a role on the roster. I mean, there are some cross trained centers here on the roster, but Ulave has some of the most experience as a true center on the entire roster. And that goes even with Connor Williams in the fold. So keep an eye on him, Nuver six when you get out here for training camp. Practice Number sixty five Robert Jones one of my favorite guys in the entire building. He's a microcosm of this offensive line.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 3: He's young, he's positioned flexible, and he showed you flashes at those multiple positions, and he has a big opportunity here to earn a role for himself because you look at the makeup of this offensive line and you have a couple of spots where you don't really know quite what you have, and you have these variety of players that have, like I mentioned, position flexibility and have played at multiple spots and have experience and really have tape that says maybe there's something there with that guy. You know, you'd like to see more confirmed confidence. But you take enough cracks at it with those types of players and you think that, you know, improved coaching can you know, increase the floor, maybe even the ceiling of those players within that group, Then all of a sudden, you're cooking with gas. And I think that he's been the best Robert Jones in those two guard spots, most notably last year filling in for Liam Eichenberg after his injury up in Detroit. Thirteen total pressures allowed on three one hundred and thirty three pass blocking snaps. It's really damn good. It's a PBE of ninety seven point five. If you go back to his final four games, you know, down the stretch at Buffalo home for the Packers and Jets, then at Buffalo in the playoffs again, three pressures on one hundred and twenty eight snaps.
Speaker 2: That's really good. PFF love those games.
Speaker 3: One elite score and three plus scores in their arbitrary grading system that I don't understand. But when it benefits else, we talk about it right now. I'm just kidding, but I thought it was worth mentioning because I thought the tape verified that as well. I don't like using PFF grades for other teams when I don't watch every single play of every single tape, but for the Dolphins, when I know what I'm looking at, the PFF grades can sometimes sometimes verified that. Sometimes it can tell me that they're not doing it right. With all that said, I think his best asset is in the run game, where he can swallow up second level blockers, not blockers, defenders with his sheer mass, good knee bend, and ability to catch and climb on double teams. We've seen this offense run plenty of duo's two double teams up front. I like the way that he goes shoulders shoulder, hip to hip and then detaches and gets up to that second level. And again the sheer mass really allows him to kind of, you know.
Speaker 2: It gives him more marchin for air.
Speaker 3: He's six foot four, three hundred and thirty five pounds and really moves well.
Speaker 2: At that size.
Speaker 3: And also this is a bonus, just one of the easiest going, funniest dudes you'll meet. He always has a comment when I see him talking about what's for lunch down in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: So just love that guy.
Speaker 3: Robert Jones number sixty six Lester Cotton a pretty crazy career arc to this point.
Speaker 2: For Lester.
Speaker 3: Undrafted out of Alabama in twenty nineteen, similar bill to Rob Jones. He's six foot four, three thirty five didn't play a game until twenty twenty one, when he saw five snaps for there he is. Then last season, he comes on in relief in Week one for twenty three snaps, starts Week two and plays all sixty seven snaps, then doesn't see the field again until he comes to Miami and plays a playoff game. A career high seventy one snaps and you see that happen. You know, you see a guy that has minimal experience, hasn't found a home in his first four years as a pro. And for that guy to not stand out in a negative way in that game says a lot about the performance. Like it's almost like an umpire, right, if you don't hear about him, that's a good performance. Did any of you watch in that game feel like left guard was costing us plays and possessions?
Speaker 2: I didn't. He actually played pretty damn well.
Speaker 3: PFF had him with four pressures allowed, but again that was on fifty three pass blocking snaps, and it's a good tape that shows you how he's another one of these guys with a chance to earn a role on this team. And among those pressures, a lot of that was, you know, the quarterback holding the ball for a long time.
Speaker 2: So I just think there's options here.
Speaker 3: Speaking of options, number sixty seven, Dan Feenie, I mentioned center experience. He's probably the next guy in line in terms of you know, Connor Williams and then Dan Feenie in terms of playing experience at center. I think if I had to pick one guy to kind of have that mid career breakout campaign.
Speaker 2: It might be.
Speaker 3: A boy meets World reference. I was a huge fan of his coming out of Indiana. It didn't work out with the Chargers, but when he was called upon with the Jets, that tape was pretty damn good. Seven quarterback pressures allowed one hundred and sixty eight pass blocking snaps.
Speaker 2: He can play all.
Speaker 3: Three interior positions, and I think that his skill set is really suited for this offense. Just like I said, better tape with the Jets. That's a branch of the Shanahan system, right. We talked about a lot of the ten splits on this podcast in terms of seems to be an area of priority for this scouting staff and coaching staff. Feenie at three hundred and ten pounds was a one eight to one ten split guy that was seventy second percentile among all offensive linemen at the combine dating back to my birth year nineteen eighty seven. This offense really suits his skill set. Number sixty eight Robert Hunt, I think was a Pro Bowl guard last year. You guys know how I feel about his play. I thought it was some of the best guard play in the NFL. Some punishing key blocks the point of attack. A lot of those big runs we saw came behind number big sixty eight opening up lanes. He's got position flexibility obviously, he plays through the echo of the whistle. Super smooth feet that allow you to call a variety of different techniques. He can scoop, catching, climb, he can pull, he can pin. If he can cut down the penalties a little bit, I think the Pro Bowl is definitely within reach this year. Typically it's a build up, and I kind of told him that too. I was like, you know, sometimes it takes a year or two for you know, Pro Bowl voters to catch on to an offensive lineman just because you know, they.
Speaker 2: Don't know what I'm talking about most of the time.
Speaker 3: Just twenty four pressures on seven hundred and twenty eight pass blocking snaps, that's incredible. A ninety eight pass block efficiency mark is fantastic, Absolutely fantastic. Also consistent, great grades and the run blocking, which we can confirm through the tape. Number seventy Kendall Lamb another guy who saw some work last year as his offensive line dealt with attrition that comes with an NFL season, but then as it goes he winds up with an injury of his own. He gave you thirty two really damn good snaps that left tackle, no pressures allowed on fifteen pass blocking snaps before he had to exit that Week seventeen game against the Patriots. I remember the discourse about not having tarn Armstead, and look, Toron's a great player. I think he's a Hall of Fame left tackle. I remember reading stories about how his loss was more impactful than.
Speaker 2: Tuas in LOL.
Speaker 3: But in this game, I remember the discourse happening around that, you know, the left tackle position and not having him for the Patriots and a really good pass rush the Patriots have, and Kendall Lams stepped in and played really well until he got injured. But I think it's a nice piece to take into camp. With his experience, He's played just short of two thousand snaps in his career, got a practice against JJ Watt every day for his first four years in the league. Then he goes to Cleveland to get work against Miles Garrett. Now he's got Bradley Childburn, Jalen Phillips fits the size, pro type, plays fast. It's a theme here with the offensive line number seventy one. Key on Smith, entering his third year here, joined the practice squad back in twenty twenty one after being released by the Falcons as a UDFA out of Fayetteville, yet to make an NFL debut. But I look at this profile and the same thing sticks out to me here one eight to one ten split for Keon Smith number seventy two to Ron Armstead. One else needs to be said about Tea stead Man. He's one of the smartest, most thoughtful, best mentors at the position we've ever seen. For sure, the best I've been around in my short time in the league. The way that he communicates the technique and the nuances of the position. He knows how to attack each opponent's skill set differently. He'll break it down for you. It does a lot of good stuff with offensive line masterminds and Duke manyweather one or on top of like flawless technique and some elite foot quickness. I think what makes to Ron to Ron is his ability to make the defense play on his term. Like you'll see a wide nine hope to get that runway and get that track to make a move on him, and he just goes out there and shortens it by playing up the track, but not getting out over his skis and not giving up the inside post. It's it's uncanny how quick he processes and his body reacts accordingly, especially you know, being in the league for ten plus years. Sixteen QB pressures last year on four hundred and eighty two pass blocking snaps. You know, I lauded Robert Hunts ninety eight PBE, which is a great metric.
Speaker 2: Well for tackles.
Speaker 3: That number is supposed to be harder to achieve because you have the best pass rushers. You don't have help on your outside post unless you have a tight end chipping, but that's not much hope. Taran had a ninety eight point one PBE last year. Ninety eight is great for a guard. Ninety eight one for a tackle is elite. It's his fourth year over ninety eight. In addition to ninety seven point four, ninety seven point eight, ninety seven point five, ninety seven point nine, ninety seven point one, those are the scores he's registering in his career. Bottom line, when he's in the field, he's one of the best left tackles in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Number seventy three. Austin Jackson.
Speaker 3: One of the first things I noticed about Austin this camp was how he reworked his body composition, only down about five pounds, but he just looks more well rounded, not as much you know, in the neck and face area. And it makes sense. Every time I went to get lunch this offseason, I saw Austin out in that practice field working on his conditioning.
Speaker 2: He works his butt off, he gets after it.
Speaker 3: In the mental aspect of the game, we know about the physical talents that made him the eighteenth pick in the draft. Such a bummer last year that he got hurt in a really flukey way, tried to come back and it just wouldn't click for him. Fresh late this year for Austin Jackson, year number four, I'm excited to see what he can do. He's played a lot of snaps and there have been some flashes. I thought the best run of his career was the first, like a couple of months of his career. I liked his run game work in twenty twenty one at left guard out the first part of his you know that rookie year was was actually really good. It tapered off after the injury. But can he put together the whole package in year four? What a boon that would be to this ball club if he can remember he just turned twenty four in May, so Austin, let's go baby, number seventy four. Liam Eichenberg on top of you know, it's one of my top performers in OTAs and it jives with the trajectory we saw him on a year ago. Like Liam is, it just doesn't make sense to me that it hasn't worked out for him so far, because he's too damn mechanically sound, too damn tough, and too damn smart to not find a role that suits him in the NFL. I think he played a lot of different positions his first two years, which I think was a detriment to its development. I think a second year in the system and playing the same spot, although you know, we'll see what works out for him in terms of where he winds up, could go a long way. And look, the numbers have shown the struggles, but there are reps in there that show you where he was such a valued prospect in twenty twenty one. I remember the entire discourse was safest pick you can make at the offensive line this Draftlee miken Berger hasn't gone that way. But if Liam and Austin. You know, their for sure the two guys that I'm most intrigued to watch because I think they probably have, you know, a little bit of a head start in terms of the starting spots there at left guard and right tackle. Plus I love the idea of continuity and bringing the entire offensive line back. Man, if either of those guys make a bit of a jump, If one of those guys makes a jump, it's a different game, I think. So hopefully that's what we see happen this year. Number seventy five James Tunstall, one of the udfas I'm most excited about. Some really good tape there with the Bearcats up in Cincinnati. Again fits the theme, it plays with his hair on fire from the snap. Really technically sound, three year starter for a very good Bearcats team that gave him some valuable experience, violent hands, stays square to his man. Really looking forward to seeing his camp in preseason. This is the kind of guy that I love watching the second half of preseason football for James Tunstall, Go make a name for yourself. Also number seventy six A draft pick. Number seventy six Ryan Hayes. Again, sorry first handing redundant here, but ten split times. Man plays with exceptional quickness and has a bit of a mean streak to him. Part of that two time Jim Moore Award winning Michigan offensive line, that power spread system that allows him to play behind his pads but also get out in space. He's a multi sports star in high school and you see that natural flexibility and lean in his game. A Conference Pitcher of the Year in baseball and an All Conference player in basketball back in high school. Number seventy seven Isaiah Whim. The more I watch Isaiah's tape, the more I think he's right in the running to compete for a starting job this year. I mentioned, you know, Liam and Austin, but this is like probably my pick to win one of those spots.
Speaker 2: Off the top.
Speaker 3: I think he has a very good shot of being the second best left tackle on the roster and an actual legit backup to Tront Armstead, which was a bit of a struggle last year. Now he's also got the left guard experience to try to win.
Speaker 2: That job too.
Speaker 3: A former first round pick with loads of talent, he was awesome coming out of Georgia. He was awesome early on with the Patriots. Six career pressures allowed in eleven hundred and twenty five pass blocking snaps. That's ninety six point six pbe. It's pretty good. And PFF loved his run blocking work up until last year when the Patriots scrapped their famous you know man gap system that would basically run the ball down team's throats and tried to install the Shanahan system despite the fact that no coaches or players had ever been a part of that system, and then they scrapped it like in Week two, and the whole offense was rough. But he was a heco player pretty much right away for them, So I think I would I would stake that you're probably more likely to see pre twenty twenty two Isaiah win than twenty twenty two Isaiah win Number seventy eight. Jiron Christiansen joined up with the Finns last January, heading into that Week seventeen game, and then re signed with US back in March. Just twelve total snaps with the Chiefs last year, but played five hundred and eighty eight snaps in twenty twenty one with Houston. That was a career high. He began his career with Washington a third round pick from Louisville in twenty eighteen, and he has a career pbe ninety five point nine and then finally number seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Cedric A. Bway.
Speaker 3: He first round pick back in twenty fifteen. A boy, he spent his first four years there. He was a starter in sixteen and seventeen, then was injured in eighteen and has since moved around a bit. Jacksonville, Seattle and then last season with the Jets, where you played two hundred and eighty six total snaps and allowed fourteen pressures one hundred and seventy six pass blocking snaps. He is super athletic, agile player who operates well in space. And I look at the way the Dolphins constructed the offensive line this offseason and look obviously like the injuries that happened last year.
Speaker 2: The overall production wasn't great. It was good.
Speaker 3: I thought you had three like tremendous players, and one of those guys had injury issues. You know, I'm talking about Tron and then Connor and Rob were all very solid. Left guard was up and down. Right tackle was very up and down. You know, brand Shell gave me some good snaps. But look, every football team has to make choices on where you you know, prioritize, and the offensive line's got a lot of high draft picks on it, and Toront Armstet and Connor Williams were big free agent acquisitions, So I wouldn't even necessarily say that this is the case. But the priority for this offense is the skill positions and maximizing twoa's accuracy and ball placement and quick you know, decision making and processing. Because we saw what that can do with Tyreek and Jalen Waddle like it made the offense one of the most electric, toughest to defend offense as the National Football League. And Tua's game helps mitigate you know, pass protection issues, and there's not necessarily a need for tons of true drop back passing because of how the system operates, because of how this quarterback operates, because of how the running game intertwines with the passing game. And we saw, you know, the running game was very efficient. Didn't have the volume last year. But what I'm trying to say is that you pick your spots where you think you can maximize the to allocate the resources you have, and offensive line clearly is an area they believe that they can kind of pick up with the rest of the offense and the quarterback play and the play calling. And we saw that for long stretches of play last year, this offensive line did a fair enough job. Now, of course, again injuries and some of those third long situations where you need more true drop back passing, and you know that Houston game was was brutal. The Niners got after us pretty good too, without Testad in that game. So I get it, But I just think the offensive line stuff has really overblown. I think there's lots of talent on the offensive line. I think the guys they added tell you about the idea of talent and coaching it up, because there's plenty of former first round draft picks here.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's my biggest question.
Speaker 3: Of course it is, it should be, but I just think it's being overblown a little bit in terms of the grand scheme of is this Dolphins seem a contender? Because this offensive line has plenty of talent and plenty of guys that I think can get the job done. And I cannot wait to see it all play out this year. Come check it out training camp starting next week next Wednesday, it's our first practice. I think it's Sunday is the first practice for fans though, So we'll see y'a out here next week. Let's go ahead and take our last break and hear from one of the players on this offensive line, Isaiah Win. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Auto Nation.
Speaker 3: What's up, guys, Travis Pinfield here back for another edition of one hundred Yards with new Dolphins offensive lineman Isaiah Win. Let's go ahead and get on the move here. Isaiah, So you signed to Miami Dolphins this year after was it four or five years New England?
Speaker 7: Five years up in New England?
Speaker 1: Why the fens it's home.
Speaker 4: It's home, and definitely once I got a chance to meet the staff and some of the players, they building something special here, so no doubt I wanted to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: So you mentioned, you know, being for the Patriots playing here as a visitor. Now you're going to play here as a home member of the home team. How does that kind of factor into the decision? Or I guess the familiarity here is that kind of help you make the decision?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 4: You know, again, the Florida is home and being that we played here and at least once a year.
Speaker 1: It's just this feels similar to home. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: All those Georgia Bulldogs and the pr staff too.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, for sure, go dogs. There you go.
Speaker 3: So you come down here, you know, first first time moving off to a new team here, playing with the new coaching staff. How have you kind of gotten to new new new coaching staff, new teammates. How has it been kind of getting to know the new guys and incorporate yourself into the building.
Speaker 1: That's been real good man.
Speaker 4: I've been embraced with open arms, and the coaching staff is phenomenal as well as the guys in the locker room. They're willing to help me along the way too. Also, get in the playbook and get better.
Speaker 3: So you mentioned the playbook. You also mentioned a previous press conference.
Speaker 7: You you're a big reader. Books you've been getting.
Speaker 1: Too lately not lately more it's been more of the playbook. So that's been the only reading.
Speaker 3: That's a good book to read. Yeah, pretty long reading. Speaking of the playbook, So this is a new system for you. How do you think the system kind of suits what you do well? As an offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: I'm of an athletic type of lineman. So being able to run, Uh, that's that's what what is good for me. So the system allows me to do just that and kind of highlight the showcase of my talent.
Speaker 3: So you're a pretty funny guy. I've gotten to know you a little bit here. Coach mc daniel, pretty funny guy as well. Have you guys had any jokes back and forth an fun conversations we should know about.
Speaker 4: I haven't had too many jokes, but but just his commentary, I mean, he keeps you on your toes all times.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh yeah, you got to be sharp with him, get your wits about you. Like So, so do you ever come in pre playing like all r if coach has this from me, I'm gonna I'm gonna start back with that, Like you got not.
Speaker 4: Too many now, I'm more a fly top top of the dude, So but they will come to mind.
Speaker 1: I kind of you know, shoot it at that time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: How about your offensive line, coach, but Berry, if you wanted to make a good impression on Coach Barry, what's the one thing you gotta do?
Speaker 4: Uh, listen the way he saying give him feedback, you know, because he's big on on receiving feedback and the communication aspect, which is good.
Speaker 1: It's real good for sure.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and finish here. So you mentioned Miami has always been home. Now it's the ultimate home base. What's the one thing you gotta do when you get suf for Like, if someone comes down here for a game on Sunday, what do they gotta do on Saturday before they get.
Speaker 6: To the game.
Speaker 4: Oh man, before they get to the game. Uh see, I'm still trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd probably say that the beach or you know, do something with fishing. You know, it's a lot of water. There's a lot of beautiful water down here.
Speaker 7: So yeah, did you get for fence weekend?
Speaker 1: I didn't make it this week?
Speaker 7: Now where do you go fishing at?
Speaker 1: Back at home? I'll be off the same peak.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's good stuff? Isai want to for sure?
Speaker 3: Times it's a pretty interesting cat man. I like talking about guys and their interests in their hobbies. Anyone that reads books is really interesting to me because typically think you're smarter if you read books, and I think Isaiah's a pretty smart dude, and I'm looking forward to him kind of getting a second chance here with the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go ahead and get out of here today.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow we have running backs and linebackers and we're gonna hear from David Long.
Speaker 2: I don't want to miss that.
Speaker 3: And then Friday's going to be a fun episode man the edge position and Emmanuel Ogba and Jalen Phillips on the podcast.
Speaker 2: You do not want to miss that.
Speaker 3: Jalen's chat with me was was really really good and we had some good commonality there that I didn't know we had. So, you know, our body builds pretty similar, our NFL abilities pretty similar. Obviously, me and Jaylen Phillips built from the same cloth, cut from the same cloth. All right, let's get out of here. Draft Time Podcast. Please subscribe a rate review wherever you get your podcasts from. Go ahead and follow me on Twitter at linkfold NFL. Follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out my guys, Seth and Juice on the fish Tank podcast. Check out all the international podcasts on the network. The YouTube channel for Walking Talks, Media Available, Abilities, Dolphins Today, Drag Time, and fish Tank content. Last but not least Miami Dolphins dot com. Until next time, Finns up Carolina and Cameron Daddy is coming home.