Speaker 1: The nick A Gliser podcastser here's Nikki.
Speaker 2: Hello, here I am, It's the Nikky Glaser Podcast. Welcome.
Speaker 3: It's Wednesday. It's the day after Halloween, but we're recording this.
Speaker 1: On He's Scary.
Speaker 4: Halloween and Caudron.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's Taylor McGrath. She's in studio with me in Saint Louis. Brian Frangie is not with us yet. He might be joining us later. He had to go do an appointment and wasn't able to be on time, and I had no.
Speaker 2: Other what is he? He's frantic on a highway somewhere for sure. I know. I just told him an appointment, Brian frantic.
Speaker 3: I told him, please don't sweat it like I don't need you grind in tonight.
Speaker 4: Grind in like the organ of the like just grinding his teeth.
Speaker 2: Are you any extra stress in that man's life? He's in a lot of too, pictured.
Speaker 4: Like somebody and then like one of the tin popping up from a grape? Is that a thing?
Speaker 3: I don't know, a picture of Jack in the box, which Kirstenoi says is our period. When on the Girl's Chat, whenever we talk about we're about like whenever we're like all crying or something or like being.
Speaker 2: Like and I just don't know what's going on, and usually we get to everything. I'm a jack in the box right now because it's like and you just don't know when it's gonna go.
Speaker 4: We never will ever learn.
Speaker 3: I just thought that mine was gone. Like do you ever have it where you're just like, oh, I'm good, Like there's you take out a tampon and there's just like a little spot of brown, like it's like on the very edge and you're just.
Speaker 4: Like mantle eye and it was.
Speaker 2: Just up there dry like I want it to be soaked, so I hate what you want to dry one.
Speaker 4: And so I just remember that.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's done. And then I just went to the bathroom and I was.
Speaker 1: Like what the hell because it was just like all over the toilet seat, Like I get up and it just sprays period period toilet seat. It's like period plus yellow plus red equals a pretty like coral color.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's the like the color wheel for sure, yeah, and complimentary colors or And I.
Speaker 2: Just love what I've done with my period.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited because it's just another month before Jack in the box.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you like flatten down you like, oh like a gas bag, Like you feel great for a week.
Speaker 2: That's like the best time. Feel good.
Speaker 4: You feel good. Don't you feel smarter? We've talked about this probably on the chat like because you kind of we've talked about how we like bump into things and kind of like are clumsy, which somebody read that that's an actual thing that it makes. Yeah, and that we've all talked about how we've like gone and said like really dumb jokes or like gone in front of a like Kirston was talking about she made like a really lame joke in front of like plates class. You just you're not ever on.
Speaker 3: I went to Kriston's plates classes yesterday actually yesterday morning.
Speaker 2: She was so funny. She was just like very cursed in you know, do you.
Speaker 4: Feel like she was just a lab that you're watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like it was funny because she went to my show on Sunday night in Lawrence and then I was like, I'm going to your show this morning, and yeah, she does like a show. She like she's just so good at being like now put your feet on the bars and you're gonna raise up, touch your heels together.
Speaker 2: Talk in that waistband, Oh so tight.
Speaker 3: Now you're gonna go round and round with your like she just like describes you, and she's funny.
Speaker 2: It's nice to go to a.
Speaker 3: Friend's class because I don't, as the listener probably knows about me, I hate classes because any kind of fitness class, a lot of people feel that's the only way they can work out because they feel the pressure worse and they don't want to. They put themselves in a situation in which they are they can't leave, They'll be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: There's other people. It's there's a competitive you can't like give up I have. I'm straight up just walked out of it.
Speaker 4: I just likes and pretend I have like an illness or something I can't question me about. That's like a handicap. That's what can I just like brief time out.
Speaker 3: That is what pilates is is all the equipment looks as if you are rehabilitating from a horrible and learning to walk against every exercise. It all. It's like a sex psych ward because there's like this Joe Pilates was.
Speaker 2: Definitely a perb Joe. Whatever is that like? But I think it's Joseph. I've been doing it three weeks, so I called, but he he.
Speaker 4: Was a freak.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: All these things are sexual, but they're also it's all equipment that makes you feel like you're walking into the physical therapy level of a hospital where they only deal with people who have lost all ability.
Speaker 4: It's like you're taking air at the tuberculosis hospital.
Speaker 2: What is that like?
Speaker 4: You know when you see videos that they're just like all sitting in like wheelchairs by the front windows, like taking the ass and then they all go or like it or like one flow ricohos eyes. Then they all go into the room and get in like the tub or like it all.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of Yeah, that just a rehab place where you are literally on bars learning how to walk, and people go like good job, you know, like no shade to those places. They are great for people who are needing to learn how to walk, but I don't like to be But that is what pilates is, is you're learning how to move your body in the correct way. And your whole life has been a car crash, taking you away from your regular posture and what your your muscles are supposed.
Speaker 4: To be doing.
Speaker 3: So everything. Every position feels like you're fighting. And it feels like, you know, because I've sometimes watched movies or something where someone's learning how to walk walk, or it's like a Dateline special where it's like and she's fine, the doctor said she wouldn't and she's doing it, and they're like, move that leg, and oh, you know what I'm thinking of Forrest Gump. I think that's the only movie I've seen where a guy is like rehabilitating and he gets so frustrated and he's falling, you know, Lieutenant Dan. And it feels I feel Lieutenant Dan, even though they have referenced Lieutenant Dan several times for me and plates, because they say, pretend that you're that you can't use your legs like everything is coming from your core, so that's your powerhouse. So your your legs are really just bones that are like I'm moving a bone, like they're not supposed to be your muscle, like you're supposed to. Everything's supposed to they don't have power, but I move my toe. It's supposed to come from my apps. That's what pilates is. It makes no fucking sense.
Speaker 4: That your core, your core is your abs.
Speaker 3: And your hip and then you're like trying to upper thighs that wrap around in the back. That's your like powerhouse and everything comes from there. And I am using like extension cords for my powerhouse. I'm doing everything from my like low like my low back is like twists. I don't know, but it's just it's very interesting to be told, Okay, use this muscle, use that muscle, and she'll like poke at it, and I'm like, it's numb. I don't know how I feel that I don't know how to move that. It makes me feel as if I'm paralyzed. And I have to say that I'm always looking for ways to like empathize with things that I don't understand.
Speaker 2: And I truly I'm not saying.
Speaker 3: That I know what it's like to be paralyzed at all, but I know the sensation of having something having a muscle not do, not only not do what you want to do, but not even know where the fuck that is in your brain to control it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're like a brick house instead of a power house.
Speaker 2: There's only one way to say that.
Speaker 4: That's what it is, right, I'm a brick Wow, that's what that means, right, A brick house is like a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is very frustrating.
Speaker 5: More you do it, the more you'll learn how to use those muscles and it will get easier for you.
Speaker 2: It's frustrating to be new. It's something you should That's the truth.
Speaker 3: Noah, And do you know what this is? The thing that needs to be said more to me, to people like me, is that it's this. I like when they say it's a learning curve, even though I don't know what the fuck that really means. I just know that it takes a long time to get it. People just don't like to say, well, it's gonna take a long time to learn, just say that it's not this learning curve thing that they should feel like I'm the dumb one in the class, like it makes me feel like a learning curve is I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: Let me try to explain what I think a learning curve is when they.
Speaker 3: When people say that, I do not know because it's a graph and it's a math thing that I don't know because there's a learning curve in the class and I'm on the bitter end.
Speaker 4: Of parabola or something involved.
Speaker 3: Yes it's this, but I think what a learning curve means is it's very hard in the beginning, and then once you get it, it becomes easier.
Speaker 2: And then it's like and then it's not what I thought. There's a breakthrough. I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: Will you look it up, because that's true, that's got to be true. I thought it was like the bad students get f's and the good students get a. So like you want more students to get c's.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought it was too.
Speaker 3: They used to use those in class, like everyone would do as bad as the worst student, or like everyone.
Speaker 4: The worst you can get. It was the best you can get is the best student.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, and then it would all go from there.
Speaker 3: So like if this best student got a B, then that B is suddenly an A, and so your D is suddenly a c R.
Speaker 4: I thought. I thought, if there was someone good, then you're never going to be good.
Speaker 2: So what is learning?
Speaker 3: When people say it's a learning curve.
Speaker 5: Is a visual representation of how long it takes to acquire new skills or knowledge, and there is a great.
Speaker 3: So this is why I think this bullshit, because the learning curve is not what they're saying.
Speaker 2: A learning curve is just a type of graph. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: They're not actually making sense when they say no, one really knows what they're saying.
Speaker 4: Like a representation of what it what it is, then it just is what it is over time.
Speaker 3: It's really hard at first, there's a steep incline.
Speaker 5: Is that that's good part, that's a good interpretation. I don't know what these numbers.
Speaker 4: Okay, once you get to a certain point, it's easy. Okay, it's what they're saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, they should say that that that would be this learning curve.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: I don't like to hear that.
Speaker 3: And I don't even think they know what they're trying to say, but just I want to hear. Why is it so weird for people to say this is really hard? It should be hard. I like when people go it is hard.
Speaker 4: Of heart.
Speaker 3: I was like trying to get my eating in order, and I was like binging every night, and I just did it like I was starving all day long, and I would start eating late at night and then I couldn't stop and then that but that was like what I liked to do because it was like locked in, like I get this reward at night and then once once the fucking barriers, barricades are off, I go buck wild and it's like the best part of my day. It was during COVID, it was like just a you know, it was a really bad time in my life. But when I was like this is unmanageable and like my life is actually miserable because of this, because I'm waking up with all this food in bed. When I started to go to like eating disorder recovery, like just these meetings, they were saying like, you're just gonna like if you keep coming to meetings one day, you're just gonna get it. It's just gonna like you're gonna want to just stop eating like this. Because for me, it was like, okay, when am I gonna want to wait?
Speaker 2: For me to break this cycle?
Speaker 3: I have to eat in the morning, which means I've eaten the morning when I've just finished eating at four am. So I don't want to eat in the morning. That means I'm gonna get fat because I just ate. So you have to break the cycle at some point, or I have to start all day through the night and start in the morning. Like at some point to break the cycle, you have to do something deeply uncomfortable, which is like you eat when you don't want to. So I was so frustrated by it, and I kept hearing all these people in meetings talking about how like, you know, one day it was just struck abstinate. One day it was just like I just God came through and I just didn't want to do it anymore.
Speaker 2: And it you know this for no.
Speaker 3: It's it's true because some people do have this awakening where they're just like I get it, you know, and I've had that with certain things. But then one person in a meeting shared that was like, if you're looking for this to be easy, stop because it's hard, but you can do hard things, and that just I needed to hear that so badly because I think it goes in line with all the music stuff that I struggle with too, is like if you don't get if it doesn't come easy, you're not meant to do it. And it's like, well, some things are hard, and sometimes the talent is persevering past the hard part. And it's not just like oh, I'm just a natural. Sometimes the your natural ability is the perseverance, and not always is some people can just like like Christen's natural I know she worked very hard, but she's naturally inclined to blodies. I'm sorry, it's just true. Her body is already like was already, and she's an athletic person. She's yes, okay, that's true. She was even naturally inclined to that thing. Yes, she's worked very hard to be good at it. But for someone like me, I go, well, then what's the point of me even doing this if I'm not naturally inclined? But I just have to work that much harder to do it. Am I going to probably not? Like, am I gonna persevere?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But like I think, sometimes people don't like to say things are hard because we shut down if we think they're hard. But for me, when someone tells me, oh, this is supposed to be hard, that like.
Speaker 2: Frees me because it's authentic. That's the reality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I can do hard things, that's what I can do. I might not be able to do this thing that you're telling me right now, but if you just say it's hard, well I can do that because I do hard things all the time. I might not be able to, you know, Like I think that sometimes my pilate's teacher is just like I just go that was hard, and all I wanted to say is like it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: It sucks in the beginning. Just say that, yeah, and I'll keep.
Speaker 4: Doing what you're doing. Good though, yeah, baby would She.
Speaker 3: Did say today, she was like, you are like this just took a little bit, right, but like now you're getting it, and I'm like kind of like it's two percent easier, but pilates is fucking hard. And so that's just to say that if you're struggling out there with something, maybe just look for verification that this is actually hard and that other people struggle with it. Because Chris took plates a few years ago and I talked to him about it and he's like, it's so hard, and it just made me feel so good to hear that someone else isn't just like, oh I love pilates.
Speaker 2: It's so good. Like he's like, no, it sucks.
Speaker 4: People have different like intelligences too. People have like physical intelligence, and you are very.
Speaker 2: Intellectual physical intelligence.
Speaker 4: Oh everything is in your head and you're super smart that way. So like it might be easy for someone else, but they don't have what you have, so you can't if you try to tell somebody like this is how you like have a career being a comic, or this is how you like write jokes or easily do these shows? Right, they'd like that is absolutely absurd because they just won't. You might not ever be able to like get to Kirsten's level where really person's the best or someone who has that kind of intelligence. You just have to like.
Speaker 3: Take, like accept what you got a handicap from that. Yeah, I do have a handicap, like there's no doubt about it. But sometimes I just get I don't know about you, guys, but when something is just not I can't do it. Like do you ever like untangle a necklace and your back starts hurting?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is that relatable?
Speaker 3: Like do you ever like if you focus on something hurting so badly? It makes me realize that obviously, back pain is a little bit psychosomatic in that regard for me, because it's always when I'm doing something like I'm trying to get like a tweeze a hair that I just can't find. You won't like pick the tweet like in my back, or like I'm trying to pull out a hangnail that will I can't get my back start turning. It's like, well, this isn't a back issue. This is just me being so frustrated at the thing I want to be able to do that I can't. And that's how Blotts feels. But I was saying, oh, yeah, I took Kirsten's class this weekend and she was and I was. Before the class, I had to be like, what are the other girls like in there? Like are they really good at it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Are they gonna? Are they gonna be like perfect at this? And am I gonna be?
Speaker 3: The thing is with blott is you don't stop enough to compare yourself to anyone else.
Speaker 2: You can't see anyone else.
Speaker 3: You're constantly like laying down on this thing and doing weird positions. But in my plates lesson today, my you know, personal training, they like put a mirror upright next to you for every almost every exercise, so you have to like look at yourself doing it. And it's that is really hard for me. That's an exercise in and of itself to just stare in a mirror at your body, weird.
Speaker 4: Down and be like, I am a cash you.
Speaker 2: I can't all at myself.
Speaker 4: I think, mister Burns, mister Burns, I feel.
Speaker 5: So stupid at my jiu jitsu gym, Like we have a mirror against the back wall, and I always like if I catch myself in it, I just look so dumb and I'm just I just like blur my eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can't look. You have to blur. Yes, we're not supposed to be able to see you don't want to see it.
Speaker 4: It takes me out of this we see ourselves ever, unless we like look in the cool water while we're doing laundry for our family of twenty whatever. You're not supposed to like have mirrors everywhere.
Speaker 3: I went and got a facial on Thursday, and it was this It's this really high end place that takes like you have to book out like months in advance because this woman is so in demand. And I had no idea what I was getting myself into because Chris's sister recommended it and she has all like the top recommendations of like the best things in Saint Louis, have like the these like just like all the chiropra kind of bougie things.
Speaker 2: It is good.
Speaker 3: So I went to it and she was like talking to me about She was like, you still not a online but you didn't get into like a lot of stuff I need to know, like where have you had trauma in your body? And I'm like what, I'm like, well, I had surgery on my vocal cord. She's like, good for me to know. I'm like for a facial, She's like, this is not a normal facial. So the whole fatal was like lymphatic drainage. Oh hell yeah, pretty much. And it was like I held a crystal on my chest and she just like gently touched my face and did like energy work and it was and then I fell asleep so much and kept waking up to myself going like wow, like making weird noises like it was like seven, Like it was so seven. It was causing like weird phlems and sounds to come out of my face.
Speaker 2: And it's draining it really yeah. And then at the end of it, I'm not kidding you, at the end of it, she goes.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she's like, just like you know it's over, you know, like when they tell you like that's all done, she goes and just don't work out for ten days.
Speaker 2: And that's I was like what. I was like, I'm going to apply these right, like I can't.
Speaker 4: I need you to say that.
Speaker 3: She's like, here, we just don't raise your heart rate. And I'm like, what do you mean by like no, I'm going to like I do cardio. I'm trying to get in shape for a thing. December sixteenth, Seattle, come see me. I can't And she was like, well, what we just did is a lot like you have so much fluid in you that's stored and I just drained it all out, and your body should only raise, it should only be working to get that out of you.
Speaker 2: It should not be working to do anything else. And I was like, would have been nice to know.
Speaker 3: She's like, if you go work out, it kind of just negates everything we did. And I'm like, well, you know what, I paid one hundred and fifty dollars for this fucking plates lesson. I have to go to it. I'm going to it. So it was all for not and I have a lot of fluid in my face. And by the way, when we're doing Guasha, you know, like all these things where we're like pushing away and up, that is like all going into our brain. Like so much fluid in your brain gets stuck. You gotta push it down and My neck is where everything is stored.
Speaker 2: All of my things are in my neck. It's all getting stuck here and it's getting backed up.
Speaker 3: It's like it's stuck though she said, it's stuck in my chakra in my right here. What's this the solar plexus. Yeah, it's stuck there. There's a backup in like a traffic jam. This is where I'm blocked. But it's all backing up and it's getting caught in my throat and that's what affects my singing. That's why every picture I look like red and stidy, vascular, like.
Speaker 2: You don't want talking about. Yeah, every red stippy.
Speaker 3: When they would get mad, they'd be like and then the neck would fall out like you know, like stick a jut out and then there would be veins.
Speaker 4: And then they like zoom and show the blood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so good. I loved and stiff, but.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's my neck. So it's just nice to hear that that's where it all is. What am I gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 3: I gotta I don't know. And then I went and got a massage yesterday at Cursons.
Speaker 4: I would thank your heart rate would pump those lymph to keep moving it.
Speaker 3: I know, I was thinking, like, let's get this thing pumping yew and she was like, no, your body, like she pretty much said people who do.
Speaker 2: She was like, do you know any athletes who like live a long time? Can you think of any athlete who's like lives really really long?
Speaker 4: And I was indicated, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't really follow people into their old age. In terms of athletics. She was like, athletes have constant trauma to their bodies. They're constantly inserting themselves. Anything you do that's punitive is going to be bad for your body and cause inflammation. Inflammation causes disease. Stop doing bickram yoga, Carlisle, if you're listening, she was like, people who do bickram are the most unhealthy people because you're anything with like.
Speaker 2: Lots of heat. You were talking about your verdic.
Speaker 3: Are vedic and you were saying that you were only eating hot things, and she was like, yes, that's good to do, but like any kind of hot things like that's yoused.
Speaker 4: To desert yourself during like a hot day. You're supposed to relax in the shade on a high.
Speaker 2: When she said that, she was like you.
Speaker 3: She was like, I used to be a bodybuilder and it was hell and it did so much damage to my body. I thought I was like in the pinnacle of health, but I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't do anything now. I just sit on my Oh oh, yes, she didn't say that.
Speaker 3: I'm gentle yoga and stuff too. No activity isn't. You can't fucking win. There's always gonna be someone online who's telling like, you have to push past your limits, always keep running more, running extra mild like you know, there's David Goggins, and then there's this woman who's like, don't ever work.
Speaker 2: Out again or you'll die. So I don't know what to do. We'll figure out when we get back from the break. So we're back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I this weekend, I was in Milwaukee and then we drove to Iowa and then we drove to Kansas. And who's in the car with you? Uh, Matt and Anya And we play question games, we play trivia games, we do history trivia. I really am dumb. I don't know about any history.
Speaker 4: Do you know about the mill? The New Milwaukee history?
Speaker 2: What? Oh yeah about Dahmer?
Speaker 4: No, Dahmer's predecessor or prodecessor, after press after presser. Her name is Taylor show Business. What there's a new Jeffrey Dahmer in town? Ladies, Her name is Taylor Business show business.
Speaker 2: Stop, that's not a name. Is that the name she gave herself?
Speaker 4: But wait, who is She killed one person? Okay, so that's not cereal, but she would be serial if she didn't get caught. She's wild. You gotta look at Taylor and how she get caught. She so she killed this guy. Yeah, this is very her. She just had her and then was like she was into, very into Dahmer. So they have like a I was watching a show and they have clips, like Taylor saved fifteen pictures of Dahmer on her phone. I was like, how did they know about you? Yeah? Oh yeah, you know. I was pausing clipping. So she killed this guy on meth. She chopped him up and like seven like so many in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: How did she get him roman?
Speaker 4: It was her boyfriend or like a guy that she was sleeping with anyway.
Speaker 2: What was their status?
Speaker 4: It was complicated like on and off. Yeah, and then she put his like head in a bucket. And then his mom walked down the stairs and saw and found and was like, why is this bucket here?
Speaker 3: That's what Domer's dad almost did. They almost opened the refrigerator and saw the head.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, Oh well now it's Taylor. Now we're gonna be talking about.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Milwaukee had a vibe to it. I did like it up there. I like, I love Milwaukee air. It almost feels Michigany. It's oh, you've never been there. But I like territory you love.
Speaker 4: I love dom do.
Speaker 3: But it Yeah, girls Milwaukee, I still got to bring you guys to shoeing.
Speaker 4: Girls trip of course. Yeah, it's fooky. But they tore down the school, No, oh they didn't. Oh man, it still looks so much like it really totally messages.
Speaker 3: So they redid the library, but the outside there's still there's so much that looks exactly like what was what was up. Yeah, it's it's pretty. I'm glad that they kept it kind of the same.
Speaker 4: I just do a girls trip where we go and do all the murder scenes.
Speaker 2: That would be fun for two of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I had a theory about Columbine, and I don't think it's why you like it, but I wonder if it's something in the back of your mind. So I've been thinking a lot about like what's going on in Israel and stuff, which is what prompted all of this, And I was connecting it to like, oh, school shootings, And I've been thinking about like judgment and how we judge other people. And I'm thinking like in situations like Columbine or like you know, when there's like a terrorist attack and stuff and a lot of people are together, do you think they're judging each other? I would say no.
Speaker 4: I've thought about that, Like if somebody so lost at this question, someone so sorry, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Is are people like like, for example, like all those how you behave in a school shooting?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, Like you know, like in high school you have like clicks and people are like making fun of other people and stuff. Do you think in the moment, like in the cafeteria, like all those students who are kind of like huddle together and scared, they're not judging each other. It's like just like this moment where like you like let go of judgments. Yeah, oh yes, everyone there's like a sports Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't sit, you can't crouch under our table, you're a dor go die by the computers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: No, you're right in those situess in an emergency situation, it's kind of every man for himself, but it's also everyone's equal.
Speaker 2: And it did unite Columbine in a really big way.
Speaker 3: Like I think following the attacks, Columbine was like, you know, the and because bullying was at the forarfront of what they thought that whole thing was about. That it became like bullying so wrong and we're all in this together kind of thing. So I think that uh people, Yeah, did bring people together. But like in a mass shooting situation, I would I would be annoyed with people because I think I know how I would handle it.
Speaker 4: If you're like, especially if you're pushing people the way to like get get people out of the way, if you climb over somebody, I'm like, I'm gonna remember Tom just did that, right, Yeah, Like.
Speaker 2: A bullet's not in my head, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know the Titanic, they remembered the guy that dressed up as a woman and everybody like spit on him for the rest of his life and followed him.
Speaker 2: Over because he tried to get he wanted to get in one of the things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they said women and children first because he was a male that survived. So they like just spread rumors or made up They don't know what happened, but they assumed he got women died, children died. But how did he survive? Oh so everyone like harassed him his whole life. Oh my god, that's what I was wondering. If you meant like the judgment of how you act right, if if you put someone else in danger, or you ran out and didn't.
Speaker 3: Grab my shooting plan like I've run through it. I'm gonna run at the guy.
Speaker 5: Oh I want to be the one that runs, because the thing is, don't run in a straight line.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you have to run on the way there.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm saying this all very tongue in cheek because there's no way I'll know what I'll get to pay this kind of situation. And I have no judgment on anyone who doesn't do this, but if someone can, if you can imagine yourself in a situation where you are at a bowling alley, you're at a movie theater, you're at somewhere where this guy walks in and you are close enough to them and you're kind of know you're gonna die anyway, or if you just have the if you have it in you, if you just knock him over a little bit, if you just grab him, if you just like grab his arm like it's it really will do a lot to then help the situation. But no one but your instinct is to run, and I think mine would be too. I would justu and cover my head like that'll help, and not go into it. That's always the sad thing is I'm sorry to get so morbid, but when there's like I've read all the like the autopsy reports.
Speaker 2: Do you read that.
Speaker 4: Stuff not for combine but I have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh well, you'll get into it eventually, because it's that's there's only so much information, and there's always like they're always covering their heads like that's gonna help, And that's always like such an.
Speaker 5: Interesting I actually think their parents are not good in a situation like that, because you're constantly dealing with adrenaline rushes, like when you go on stage and stuff that for you, it's so second nature. For most people, we don't get to experience that on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: I would grab a microphone and.
Speaker 4: Start singing to distract every back of their knees, you do like third grade?
Speaker 2: Would That's interesting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think maybe I think i'd be better in it because I've just run the scenario.
Speaker 2: Through my head a lot, and when I'm on a plane.
Speaker 3: I that's why I also think I'd be okay if I ever die in a plane crash. I want people to know that, like I've kind of like accepted it a little bit because I've run it through my head so many times of what I would do, what I would say, how I would think. I also have dreams about dying in plane crashes a lot, and so I think I'm like more prepared just because of I visually run it through. And some people might scoff at this and be like thinking, what the fuck are you talking about? But it is true that they visualization helps you do, It helps you perform. So whether I don't know why I'm visualizing these things, in fact, I was visualizing it yesterday on the plane because I was just having a moment of kind of bad thoughts and I was like, oh no, this could be like manifestation levels of visualization, because if you think of things too, like all the manifestation books I read are like visualize the call you get.
Speaker 4: I thought, you can only manifest good things. Really you can manifest bad things? And how come? Like, what about witches and stuff?
Speaker 2: Well, I would think I would think you can manifest like you know, negative self talk is supposed to be horrible for it for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think you can manifest for other people? Can you? Oh?
Speaker 3: You can manifest good things for other people, like they're the book I was reading called like it was Joe Despends's book, and then there's some book about the subconscious mind. I'm so obsessed with this stuff. But you can like cure someone else's cancer by thinking hard enough. For me, and I know this episode. I've never believed in anything like this, but I truly believe in this stuff. It's so interesting. Yesterday though, I was trying to get into Chris and I were talking about our frustrations with our lives, and I was starting to just go, God, you're such a one.
Speaker 2: Because yes, because he's an enneagram one.
Speaker 3: And I know that because he took the quiz that our therapist gave us. And Enneagram's pretty legit.
Speaker 4: It's the most legit thing because it's.
Speaker 3: Based on a test that was written by people who it's based on categorized ancient.
Speaker 4: It goes way back. Yeah, it's based on some like I mean, it goes back to like the Sumerians.
Speaker 2: How did they take the quiz?
Speaker 4: Then they just liked it on like a rock with a scratch with another rock.
Speaker 3: If you're at a party, if you're at an ancient Sumerian party, would you prefer to be the social butterfly in the party?
Speaker 4: That's how you decide what number you are, what you used to take the test, Like if you use a sharp stick, You're like, what are you five?
Speaker 2: But what does that mean?
Speaker 4: I am the investigator? Does that make sense? Yes?
Speaker 2: It does. You want to figure out I.
Speaker 4: Have to, like, yeah, figure out everything about certain things, which is just preventing me from actually living my life.
Speaker 2: What are the good things about an investigator?
Speaker 4: They can be you know, like David Lynch is an investigator, Peter Gabriel Briany know like that you can be very creative.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can be creative?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like those are very like savor creative people who you know pioneered.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm.
Speaker 4: Vent of them. No one's ever climbed up on the hill.
Speaker 2: Very my microscope.
Speaker 4: It means like probably Einstein's. You know, like you can be an inventor, or you can be like a like a then Ski or like h you know, you could be a crapot or you could be an inventor. Okay, same as.
Speaker 2: Everyone happy when you got that one?
Speaker 4: Well, I just yeah, I mean I knew it. I was happy to see who else was a five.
Speaker 2: Oh that's always fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I saw Peter Gabril, who is the best Christian in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was very happy when my enneagram had Taylor Swift on it. It did. Yeah, well that's obviously the three, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and Chris is a one. No, what do you know what you are? I came into girls Chat after you did the quiz. I think we need to give a do it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's really eclectic energies Enneagraham.
Speaker 3: But it does it just helps you understand. I think it's better, not so much for myself because I feel like, oh I'm me, I kind of get it, but like understanding other people and what their motivations are and like why do.
Speaker 2: They care so much about this thing?
Speaker 3: Yes, but Chris as one is it's not extremely moralistic. Yes, there is right and there is wrong. And there is little greticulate. There's a very good quality to have because he is trustworthy. That man would never cheat on that man would never talk ill of me. He's like just buy like he is just a good person, knows what's good, knows what's bad. But then the bad side of that is that there's no gray, there's no like, because I'm in the gray all the time. And he's just like, well, you said you liked that yesterday, and now you don't like it. We're watching The Golden Bachelor last night and he said some comment of like, it's so sad that some of these women like don't even have a chance. And when he said that, on screen was a woman that very much has a chance, and I thought he was referring to her kind of and I go, oh, no, they do, and he was like okay.
Speaker 2: And then later on there was this.
Speaker 3: Woman that was like I just love Gary so much and he's dogs eying this and I was like, bitch, you don't stand a chance and going home, and he goes, I just said that, and I go, yeah, but like I meant it about the other Like he's it must't even very frustrating for him to live with someone who is constantly changing their mind about everything all the time. But there's that's also a good quality in me, because I am it. I forgive be well very easily. I could easily see someone else's side of things. I you know I'm I'm not someone who is not I'm not afraid to be wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't like being wrong.
Speaker 3: I'll fight it, but if you give me some good evidence, i'll go well, now I know now I'm smarter. I crave being right, so I will switch sides very quickly to be right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of being right, I was so.
Speaker 3: Wrong for so long, and so was everyone about Miss Brittany Lynn. I don't name, but Brittany James Spear. It's so fucking good. I got Noah into it because it was honestly, Brittany is a combination of Carlisle and Noah. Her pros is Noah Noah. But when I'm reading it, I you know there was no I told all the girls chat. I was like, everyone's got to read this. When I reading it into it it's probably at the library, but I can't imagine that it's gonna You're gonna have be on a wait list. If I had the book i'd give it to you, but I read it on my phone. I told Noah, I'm like I was reading it. I go, this is so like she's saying things that really remind me of you. Like she's just so thoughtful and like she's just a sweet person deep down, and I think that she maybe has been misconstrued as like an angry, crazy, like selfish, like kind of dumb person, but she's so fucking sweet. And I think everyone always says.
Speaker 1: Noah's lazy, stupid, selfish, but really deep what you look like?
Speaker 2: Did you relate to that assessment that did you? Do you feel kinship with you? I?
Speaker 5: Like, I never real Okay, so I just wanted to say never listen to Britney Spears only read all the gossip stuff on her when I was a receptionist and nothing else to do during the day, and going into this memoir and reading about her and learning what like, first of all, she's very thoughtful, very like highly creative and like spiritual in a way but not you know, not religious spiritual, like just like really like a like energy wise and yeah, just like reading about what happened to her, the way she grew up, the whole thing with Justin Timber, like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Can we just like enlighten some people about some stuff right now, because if you're not going to read this book, it's not two spoilers.
Speaker 5: Alerts, and I still want to read it, you are about to spoil it in Justin.
Speaker 3: There should be criminal charges pressed against her family, without question, Yes, without question, her father and that lou woman, whoever that motherfucker was there, should they should be in prison for what they did to her. She speaking of the creative thing, Britney Spears really is a really amazing artist, and it was stolen from her so early on that we never got to see the potential of the artist that she was because she became came a just a marketer's dream, you know, she just became whatever these people wanted her to be, and all of her talent and all of her creativity was sapped from her and she wasn't allowed to be. Let's not even talk about how much she was paralyzed during her conservatorship.
Speaker 2: It happened immediately. She was sexualized.
Speaker 3: She was punished for being sexy, She was girly mocked for being a virgin.
Speaker 5: She was yeah, it was she She loved dressing up and being and like leaning into like her like girlhood, and that was really used against her in a way, especially with all the interviews and stuff that she did, even from like.
Speaker 3: Star against her. Everything was used against her. From the very what she was was always a weapon used against her. They built her up for the things that she was, and then they would push her down for the things that she was. It is our fault, it is the media's fault.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It's literally I wanted out of show business. After I read this, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, it's a just the same disgusting business. I don't think it isn't but it I think it.
Speaker 3: I think it is. I think it's this is this is still happening to her. I just looked at us Weekly that I got when I went to their offices. That's sitting on my table in there, and I look at it with a new lens of like this picture that they used for the front cover, the Emotional Journey of Britney spears like they're trying to act like they're being nice to her now, they still used a picture that made her look distressed and looked like she's not in a good place. Everything is so manipulated with this woman, in particular this book. This is what I'll say about it, Brittany. If you think, oh yeah, she's not that talented. Brittany was the one that decided when they did the Ever the old reason Britney Spears got super famous was off of Baby One More Time. Okay, right, remember that the music video. They were going to shoot a music video in a high school, and she was the one that was like, why don't we do schoolgirl uniforms? Okay, amazing decision. Why don't we do it? When the bell rings, everyone breaks out into dances and it's all girls in pigtails. That was all her vision, which is arguably the reason she's famous. So anyone who thinks that she was just you know, something that was plugged into this like plug and play machine, of like this is how you make a star. Just put this girl out there and make her sing. She also was the one that before Baby One More Time was recorded, she stayed up all night long because she wanted her voice to sound like this. She like wanted it to be like she thought it would sound cool. So she purposely stayed up all night long the night before the talking and screaming and hanging out and partying, partying her way, which is like drinking a lot of PEPSI, Like, she's not even that big of a partier. Everything you think about her is just media's lies about her, you know.
Speaker 5: And so I sent you a screenshot of this. This is really the part and it's very very early on in the book. It's when she talks about her childhood and how she used music and performance as an escape from her reality. That told me, like the fact that you know her career is music and entertainment, that was her escape and her like safe zone. And we made that And I say we because I also read into all those things. We made that place for her so toxic. And that's the really satist.
Speaker 2: That's a song toxic. You're so right.
Speaker 3: We poisoned that place for her, like that was her refuge. She had an alcoholic father who would drink to the point where he was like couldn't even stand up and would just be passed out on the ground. She had an angry mom who wouldn't divorce him and get the kids away from him, and who would just scream at him into the wee hours of the morning, and Brittany would say, Mom, please, he's finally asleep. He's not terrorizing our family anymore? Can you not scream? And she'd be up all night listening to her mom screaming at her past out father. She had nowhere to go from this, but she had like a happy moments in her childhood. But singing was such an escape for her, and then it became the worst thing in her life. Was like making music because and what about all the producers that would put her into Like during her conservatorship, her dad made music like hell for her. He wouldn't let her change anything on the Vegas Show. Whenever she would go record new music, they would purposely pick out the worst, dingiest, disgusting recording studios, so that just she wouldn't be good, because if she got good and creative, she would have to like she would have a voice and be able to communicate with us that what was going on. So they just kept her recording this doing the same things that she had been doing for years and years. She couldn't do anything different. They would only let her play new songs during her changes on the Vegas Show. When she would be like in the bowels of the stage doing a costume change, they would like play music over that, and then that's when her new music could be played during her costume changes. They and then the Justin Timberlake thing. I know people are probably like, I'm not interested in Britney Spears. Can I just say that Justin Timberlake thing is so fucking wild?
Speaker 2: What happened with this?
Speaker 3: She was in a relationship with Justin Timberlake. Okay, she was so desperately in love with him, so in love. They were together years, right, they're living together. They are the it couple. She they are both at the pinnacle of their fame. He's just kind of reaching the same level of fame as her around like maybe a couple of years into their relationship. In sync is blowing up. People are paying a lot of it. He's now leaving in Sinki. He's going to record his first solo album. He's becoming a little distant. She doesn't care because she gets it, like he is just now reaching this level of fame that she's been out for a while.
Speaker 2: He is cheating on her all the time, chesty.
Speaker 3: She doesn't care because she cares, but she no what let me know if I get anything wrong from what you read.
Speaker 2: She knows it's happening.
Speaker 3: She doesn't love it, but she kind of accepts him for who he is, and she also understands he's young, he's newly famous, and pussy is abundant, and it's just a thing that's gonna happen this and that she'd rather turn a blind eye to it.
Speaker 2: She knows it's happening.
Speaker 3: She hears the rumors he's fucking women on the road, multiple women every weekend, and she's just like, you know what, boys will be boys, not in a way that's like I'm a victim. This is just what I have to do to stay with Justin.
Speaker 2: She's just like, she's just cool, as cool as one could be. Yes, very mature, very mature, And isn't this at a young age? His solo album wasn't this after the whole? Do you know what I'm about?
Speaker 4: This thing? The what what?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: No, So he's working on the solo album as they're together, right, and she's going into the studio and she's not going into the studio to like because she's on a tour. He's on a tour, the he's recording. Then by the way she makes out with she's just she's hearing about Justin cheating all the time.
Speaker 2: She is one intimate moment with.
Speaker 3: Wade robson her choreographer where they make out a guy that both her and Justin know she made out with Wade.
Speaker 2: What does she do? She tells Justin right away because.
Speaker 3: She feels terrible about it, even though she knows he's cheating all the time. She just wants to get this is her thing. She wants to get off her chest. She tells Justin. Justin forgives her. They move on from it. Justin goes into the recording studio he's recording his new album. Brittany is supportive. She feels a little distant from him. In retrospect, she believes that distance is because he is writing scathing songs about her and recording them every day, knowing that these are going to be released, and he feels a little tinge of probably like this is shitty that I'm going home and fucking my girlfriend. And so she felt a distance from him during this recording session.
Speaker 2: Then he breaks up with her via text. It's not even gonna give that the life together. What's the biggest thing? The abortion?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, the abortion show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she got pregnant and she did not want to. She was very happy about being pregnant, and he said to her, I'm not ready to be a father. Do you know what I find to be one of the most offensive things.
Speaker 2: About that story.
Speaker 5: While she took the I forget the name of the pill, but it basically induces the abortion, and you're.
Speaker 4: Are you eighty are you for eighty six? It's like there's something I pulled out?
Speaker 5: But anyway, so she's she's she's having the pregnancy loss, which is incredibly painful for a woman.
Speaker 2: And she didn't say blacked this out.
Speaker 5: She didn't say how long, uh like, how far into the pregnancy she was in the book, But it's still very painful because your uterus is extracting and all this shit, you know, aside from like the whole mental aspect.
Speaker 2: He comes in to their room playing his fucking guitar. Oh singing God, I remember this. It was like a scene from Barbie. Dude fuck brings his guitar.
Speaker 3: But she liked it. In the book, she liked it. Noah, we we both crinsed at that. But she was like he came in and like serenaded me with his guitar to like call me.
Speaker 2: She in the book, liked it.
Speaker 3: I was super cringe that he was, like listen to the sum all up as she's on the ground crying, like you know, aborting there like having an abortion I didn't want to have, or miscarriage that she.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to have.
Speaker 3: And that's a little sticky subject matter of like I don't feel like she pinned that on him that much of like I would have She pretty much did say I would have had this baby if.
Speaker 2: It wasn't for justin not wanting it. Do I hate him for that? No?
Speaker 3: No, he really wasn't able to have a kid. I don't think it's fair to like make someone a father when they don't want to be, and it was her choice. Ultimately, it's not like he forced her to. I mean, I'm not She doesn't trash anybody in the book.
Speaker 2: She just speaks her truth. No one, that's it.
Speaker 3: No one, And that's what makes it so like easy to read and digest and like and feel.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a ploy to feel.
Speaker 3: Sad for her because she's being so fair and even about everything.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a ploy that they used.
Speaker 3: It were like, we're not gonna trash anyone, so you just look like the biggest victim. But it worked for me because for me, he can you believe dumpster overtext possess. And then then the album comes out where he crime me a River, where he films a video where it's a look alike of her. I remember watching this video and loving it so much because I just saw the pain in.
Speaker 2: Justin's eyes that she cheated and he's.
Speaker 3: Following this look like around her house and she's and then he hooks up with another woman and he's filming it to get back at her because she hurt him so much. Then so she is like trashed in the media after this album comes out.
Speaker 2: Everyone hates her. She's a fucker's what. She used to be a virgin.
Speaker 3: She was so proud that she was a virgin, which, by the way, she never even wanted to talk about people made her talk about it. She never wanted to talk about whether or not she wanted to have sex, or whether or not she had sex. And by the way, she had sex when she was fourteen. She wasn't a virgin. She never even wanted to be portrayed as one. So then she's obviously so she gets shit on for being a virgin. Then suddenly she's not a virgin, so everyone hates her for being this whore. She cheated on Justin Timberlake with Wade Robson. I even knew that story back then. I never thought that Justin che did even though thinking about it now, of course he did. So then she is completely bullied by the nation. Everyone hates her. She goes away for like two years and can't even like leave her house. She develops complete horrible social anxiety. She is just holed up. He is on top of the world. He's grinding on people at awards shows and having like you know, just he's doing all these sexual things in his performances. And then she finally re emerges and does the sexual performance at the VMAs in two thousand, which is one of my favorite performances of all time. It's she does I can't get no satisfaction into my loneliness, and it's so good. And then she gets there's like a senator that asks that says he wants her to die. Like people are saying that she's such a bad example for kids, whereas like Justin can do whatever he wants, He can make out with women on stage, never gets called a slut. She's a huge slut. Everyone hates her, and then and then it's just all fucking downhill from there, like the bitch can never recover because everyone just piles on. And then that that is the end of Britney Spears ever being like a hero to anyone until the Free Brittany movie and even now in the Free Britney movement even I've been like, she needs to be on meds. She's crazy. Oh my god, these videos, what's wrong with her? You know what's wrong with her? We did this if you if it would be insane. I've made fun of Britney's voice before for sounding like a five year old. She's a five year old because she went exy baby.
Speaker 4: It was in a.
Speaker 3: Conservatorship that made her five years old again. She just gave off regress trying to be trying to be an adult in a situation where you are being told what to eat, what to drink, where you can go, where you can't go, You can't have access to your cell phone, you've an iPad with childlocks on it. What would you do keep trying to be a thirty nine year old or would you just go and turn into a five year old? I think I might just be a five year old because you just give up for thirteen years.
Speaker 2: She's locked in that.
Speaker 3: So Nikki, don't make fun of Britney for sounding like she's five years old. This is what I'm saying to myself. Of course she would you would too, So it's again, it's just another lesson. And like any time I judge a celebrity, there's there's like another side to the story that I wish, you know, I wish I would have more like empathy in the moment when I go off on people that I think I understand, like what's going on, and then I don't. So I think Chris the other night when we were watching a documentary, I said this, I think on the pod the other day, but he was like, when are we going to learn that it's never the story that we think it is, that anytime we have a judgment about something, there's going to be there's going to be a documentary in ten to twenty years that says you thought you knew, well, you had no idea, and she was actually the victim. So I'm going to try to live my life now thinking about the documentary that comes out in ten or twenty years.
Speaker 4: They need to do it faster, just put it out right away so that we don't have to wait.
Speaker 3: But he's I'm her dad needs to be behind bars, and then I probably will change my tune on this.
Speaker 1: You have to judgment to judgments, yes, because you know what ourselves.
Speaker 3: Her dad had a horrible, horrible childhood, a horrible one he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was very abused.
Speaker 4: He still shouldn't have abused Brittany like that.
Speaker 3: No, no one should. But like it hurt people, hurt people. That's all we know. Let's take a break and come back with more.
Speaker 4: Guns don't kill people? What guns don't kill people? I killed people.
Speaker 2: This weekend. My way, you're on too. Harry died goes on yeah, and I'm on tour this weekend and I'm on tour. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Before we get to Matthew Berry, which very sad. But wait, I just want to say that when his death got I was the first one to see it. I was in the green room with Anya and Matt and I was like, oh my god, like it showed up, the alert showed up on my phone and they go, what, I go, someone.
Speaker 4: Died and alert on your phone?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I got so many alerts.
Speaker 4: When someone dies, you get an alert. Yeah, I got a member Amber.
Speaker 2: I literally did.
Speaker 3: CNN, Apple News, Hollywood Reporter, like I get like push gernifications from news when there's breaking news. And that was breaking this weekend, Matt Matthew Berry. But Anya and Matt were like who And I was like, okay, guess and I go, could I.
Speaker 2: Be anymore dead? And they were like that they didn't know. I forgot they guest first. But yeah, that's really sad.
Speaker 3: But but everyone I have to also say that everyone dies, and it's we have to be we have to do this for everyone. Do you ever whatever celebrity dies, I go, oh my god, we have to do this for literally every singlebrity we know there has to be like this.
Speaker 2: Like oh, that's so sad.
Speaker 3: And it's like, wait, are you just getting the memo that everyone dies people react to I'm like, aren't don't you know that this was gonna Matthew Perry was gonna die some day? Yes, it definitely happened way too soon, fifteen years before it would have been like oh yeah, that makes sense. It's still shocking, but this horror of like I can't it's so it's like did you you know you're gonna die too, right, Like you know that everyone you love and know is going to die, or you're gonna die first and be the you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Like is this news? But some people react to death like they just found out about it.
Speaker 5: I think about all of the like footage and stuff that like TV shows and like like news outlets or like radio shows have to go through to do like the memorial tribute to you.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I always think about those people come into the office, Steve, you got to start going through fromt fun like we gotta get Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always think about the people that in the smiling and.
Speaker 4: The cameras going click click click, click click click, and they're like, Matthew Perry has died.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah. I definitely it was definitely tragic. It was definitely sad.
Speaker 3: And it's definitely weird that his last Instagram post is of him in the hot tub that he probably died in. That's always morbid.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe it was Purple's ful. I don't, you can't, you can't.
Speaker 2: It's really sad. From pick a Ball. So I've told Chris oh so much.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think he had Okay, yes, So I came up with an idea. The other day I was sometimes I just my mind has big ideas and then I put them into play and then I'm like, oh, I gotta do this. But the other day, I haven't seen Aerostor movie yet, which has been out for a while, and I've saw Aeros Tour nine times live, but there's a movie about the tour, Huge, huge, huge, huge, and it's at AMC theaters only, and it's usually only being run from Thursday until Sunday. And I've been working every single Thursday through Sunday since it's been out, and it's been out for like four weeks. But I just haven't had a free time.
Speaker 4: I can't, I know.
Speaker 3: So the first one I thought was available is like, oh, I'm going to be in Boston this weekend Thursday and Friday. I can go Friday day because usually I just leave the town the day after and I never am just there. So this coming Friday, I'm like, oh, I'll go see it in Boston. I look it up and I'm like, oh, there's a twelve thirty showing. This will be awesome. And then I'm like looking at the tickets and they're like, you can rent the whole damn theater, and I'm like, that would be fun, Like, I wonder if I can get like a group together to go in Boston. I mean it'll be Anya and Matt, but like I wonder, and Chris might be there get people to And then I was like, Gait, it would be so fun to bring fans and besties. And I also that that same day, they were like, your Thursday ticke, your Thursday ticket sales are like struggling, so we need to boost those, and I was like, oh, why don't we combine the two. If people come on Thursday night to the show, that where I'll give away the free swifty passes to come with me to the Friday show. So if you haven't heard yet, if you're in the Boston area, or you want to fly to Boston to go to the Swifties Eras Tour movie with me, if you come Thursday night to my show, I'm giving away thirty five passes because they only let you bring forty guests.
Speaker 2: Huh to a whole theater.
Speaker 4: More can fit in there, so many more weird. Maybe they don't want it to become too.
Speaker 2: Rock as rowdy and rocks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why it's at Captaint forty, but thirty five people are going to go with me to see the Eras Tour movie on Friday Day and then I have a show that Friday night, which will be really fun. But I am so fucking that is a idea to get together with a bunch of Taylor Swift fans that are also possibly my fans.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think people might just go.
Speaker 4: You know, people might just tell their friends if they don't want to go, yeah, because they don't like Taylor Swift, but they're your friend.
Speaker 3: I think that they're no. They I hope they don't do that. I just want I think I'm what I might want. What I wanted to do is maybe get some Boston Swifties that don't even know about it to my show and then they go, oh my god, I actually like this girl. Because if you like Taylor Swift, I think you'll like my comedy. It's like as emotional and honest and like raw as Taylor Swift's lyrics. I think there's a commonality there, So I'm trying to do some crossover. Final thought, I'm very, very excited about going to see the Aristor movie with a bunch of people that are just so excited because the opening night, opening weekend Taylor Swift terrorst Tour movies were packed and now they're kind of probably less so, and so I wanted to go when it felt like it was like new and packed. So I think it's going to recreate that feeling and I'm gonna be singing and dancing the whole time.
Speaker 2: I getta wait.
Speaker 3: I am craving Ariostour again because I've been listening to the new Taylor Swift album that dropped on Friday, just doing a little Swift talk for the people that care, and if you don't care, you might find it interesting as well. So the new Taylor Swift re release of nineteen eighty nine, which is an album that originally came out in two thousand and four fourteen. It was the first album where I became a Swifty and was like this is it for me?
Speaker 2: Like this is my girl is blank Space.
Speaker 3: I was sitting in bed at twenty fourteen listening to Blank Space and I was just like, this is the greatest song I've ever heard. I love it so much, and I will love everything this girl does for the rest of my life. And I've stayed true to that for the past nine years. So re release of nineteen eighty nine because she is rerecording all her music so she can own it because it got sold to this guy that she really hates. And so now she's re recording all of her music and it's breaking all the records. Like her record which was number one back in twenty fourteen, is now becoming number one again. But it's re recorded with her new voice, which is like she's done so much vocal training. Her voice is so much stronger. Her vocals are fucking insane on this. There are some Swifties that are like, it's sound exactly the same.
Speaker 2: No, it shouldn't.
Speaker 3: She is making it sound exactly the same. But she's also she's a better singer. Now you guys like this more.
Speaker 2: It's more ethical, And it's.
Speaker 5: What's more ethical because there's no drama and she owns the music.
Speaker 3: She owns the music, and there are things about it that are different. Like some people, if you get into the Swifty boards, they're like, Okay, this one note she hits is so different the way she says this one line. But there is one part in the song I Know Places, which is one of my favorite songs I know places one of my favorite songs of all time of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: And there's this part where she goes and.
Speaker 3: We run Bee Bee, but she goes and we run, but in so in the original one, she's like, she does that and we run and it sounds fine. But this one she goes and we run, and it's like, go listen to the second and we run. It is awesome, and everyone's freaking out about it, saying it sounds so cool because there's like a.
Speaker 4: Rah, there's a brandy on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's she stayed up late the night before.
Speaker 3: It sounds so cool and so good, and you can tell that she was like, we're gonna actually really fucking run on this one. And then there's all these vault tracks, which are tracks that didn't make it onto the original album that she is now releasing for the first time. One of them is truly one of the best Tailor Swift songs ever written. She co wrote it with amazing multi platinum Grammy winning songwriter one of the best songwriters of our of all times, she's written some of your favorite songs, Diane Warren. She sat down and wrote with her, and she wrote the song called say Don't Go, I know, and Diane Warren did not know that the song was going to be released. She was really sad that he didn't make the original album. She was like, I wonder why, but I guess it sounded too much like another song. It has the same kind of chord progression as the song Clean, which is also on that album. So I think maybe Taylor left it off for that reason. But Say Don't Go is one of the best Taylor Swift songs ever recorded and written. It is so good. And then there's another song. This is my order of vault tracks if you want to know my faves. It started out Say Don't Go was number one, then it was Slut. I liked Slut the second, but Slut has fallen in the ranks because other ones I've climbed.
Speaker 2: Slut stays is a great song.
Speaker 3: But uh, now that we Don't Talk is so good and it's about Harry Styles because I asked.
Speaker 2: My fans white, what who did think the song is about?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they dated, and.
Speaker 3: We all know that they dated because it was like out and about. Like it was they were like out and about during this time when she was writing these songs and in into the Woods, which not Into the Wood, sorry, out of the Woods, which is a song about Harry Styles. They talk about a snowmobile accident that they were in together. Remember when you hit the brakes too soon, twenty stitches in a hospital room, you started crying, Baby, I did too. When the song came up, I was looking at you. Remember when you couldn't take the heat. I walked out and said, setting you free. When the monsters turned out to be just trees. When the son came up.
Speaker 2: You were looking at me.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that we know that's Harry Styles. So then we have that picture of that, like we're confirmed Out of the Woods, that whole thing.
Speaker 2: He cried.
Speaker 3: They had a snowmobile accident. They were in the hospital room. It definitely happened. So we have that from the first album. Then she releases this vall track and we're like, who is this about? But the lyrics go white wait, red, blood, white snow, and you're like, boom, snowmobile accident. We know it, Like this is why Taylor is so good. We know that song is about Harry because of that. And also there's another song that I want to point Swifties too, where everyone goes, what is who is the song about? And this is a song off of Midnights and it's called a Question, and it's a very bizarre song. Everyone's like the lyrics don't make any sense because it's like, can I ask you question?
Speaker 2: Has there have you ever been?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question? Have you ever been kissed in a crowded room with all of your friends making fun of you? But fifteen seconds they were clapping too, Then what did you do? And it's just like, what are you talking about? Like why are you asking someone if they got kissed in a crowded room? And everyone doesn't even know what the song is about. But that song starts out with like, oh, it starts with the same start out as the Out of the Woods does.
Speaker 2: And so I think that question.
Speaker 3: Is about Harry Styles because she uses the same like kind of sound in the beginning. Then let me this is a deep dive for Swifties. So this is the first time I'm announcing this. So only SWIFTI is listen up because no one else gives a bok about any of this.
Speaker 2: I know that already, but this is a big one. Okay.
Speaker 3: In the very beginning of Oh, Dane Cook twixted me. Okay at the very beginning, I wonder what he wants of He.
Speaker 5: Wants to know your thoughts about the nineteen eighty nine Okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe he wants to know this.
Speaker 4: Read it by the Taylor Swift chat room right now, chat room.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of is It over Now, there's like a it sounds like it like a seagull, or it could be a seagull or a cougar that got its paw trapped in a thing.
Speaker 2: So see if you can hear it. Okay, it goes rare. Okay, yeah, did you what?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's only exact same sound that is in Labyrinth from a where is it? Okay, well it's not showing up, okay, but Labyrinth. There's something connection between Labyrinth and is It over now? Is that the one that I played before? There's something going on. I don't know what it is. Swifties, slide into my DMS and tell me if you hear the same little wow and oh like this weird noise. There's something going on with those two songs. They are connected. They might be about the same person.
Speaker 2: We don't know. I will say though, that is it over now?
Speaker 3: And now that we Don't Talk and Say Don't Go are three of the best Vault tracks we've ever gotten from her.
Speaker 2: It's so exciting.
Speaker 3: I am such a lucky son of a bitch to be a Taylor Swift fan because there's constantly new music. Four brand new songs were dropped into my lap on Friday. This is after July eighth, when like five or six new Vault tracks were dropped in my lap when she really speak now, I think we have another album coming up that she is definitely been in the studio, you know, paparazzied recording. I'm just so excited to be a fan of someone who constantly releases stuff. Like you're a big fan of t Rex. When was the last time they came out with a news.
Speaker 4: I know, I was just thinking Peter Gabriel is not gonna do it, d Rex is dead.
Speaker 3: But like, is there anyone you're excited about like that makes new music?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't that suck?
Speaker 4: It? Does?
Speaker 2: I think they just found a new Beatles track though a new Beatles track.
Speaker 4: Just came out. Oh they did find a new Steely Dan track. Oh really, It's like a jingle though for a commercial for like beer, It's like shit's the best bear you can get.
Speaker 2: And who is it about?
Speaker 4: It's about mister Schlitz the beer man.
Speaker 2: What guy is it about? Who's Steely Dan dating? Who's Donald Fagan dating?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: Good job?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I love Donald Fagan.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love his name, I love his voice, I love everything about him.
Speaker 4: I'm quite a face.
Speaker 3: Also really into Rod Stewart. I think I'm about to go through a Rod Stewart face because I'll go through this voice is fucking crazy. I love him and I was listening to him at my vocal cluss and today because he was like, listen to the way Rod Stewart. It sings like he's not caring about sounding good. He's just pure emotion. That's why people love him. And I was like, I just go, but that's really bad. Singing that like hurts his voice and he goes, oh, it's terrible. It's the worst technique ever. I'm like, how is this guy still singing fifty years later with that voice?
Speaker 2: Does he still sing like that?
Speaker 4: Gargle and gravel? Baby?
Speaker 3: Oh it's so hot? All right, we really covered a lot of ground here. Thank you so much for being here today. Taylor on Halloween, Thank you Noah, Brian never showed up, but I'm so glad because that means he was relaxed and he was not stressing in traffic. We'll be back tomorrow with Brian with the whole new show post Halloween, talk about everything that goes down tonight. Be careful out there. It already happened where you're listening. But we'll be back tomorrow and come see me on tour this weekend Boston and Baltimore Thursday, Friday Boston, Saturday, Baltimore, and then the tour goes on and on, new dates being announced all the time.
Speaker 2: Go check my website Niki Glazer dot com.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see you out there, Busties, have a good day, don't Beka, and just wash f Way Island Fridays. Change it to Fridays on the CW because no one's fucking watching us, So if you could walk on that early, appreciate it because no one else is. It's not because it's a bad show, it's because no one knows where the CW is. So if you can find the CW, watch one of the best shows going right now. F Boy Island season three, Love you guys see that and it's free on the app