Speaker 1: First date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Lacey is on the phone today for a first day follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Matt. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call Matt and see if I tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Lacey, how long has it been since you heard from Matt? Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, it's been a couple of weeks. Okay, I don't really understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, have you tried to get a hold of him in that time? Like, see, okay I did?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like I texted him a couple of times, you know, just like a casual like, hey, how's your week going? You know, nothing like desperate. But yeah, it's been two weeks, and uh, you know, in dating months that that feels like engating time. That feels like two months. So, I mean we had an amazing We had an amazing date, and like, you know, I've dated guys where the connection feels kind of flat and forced and stuff, but with him, like I really I felt an immediate spark, which is so rare and we were like speaking the same language, like without even trying. It was we had this like magnetism. I don't know how else to describe it. And I would just hate to see that go. It's such a hard thing to come by, it really is.
Speaker 5: I hate that. But why don't you tell us about that day? Why don't you tell us about the day? How did it go?
Speaker 4: I would love to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we went to this like really blanky cocktail lounge. It was I mean it was like velvet couches and like candlelit. It was very romantic, like upscale, you know. The bartenders were in like fancy vests and oh my gosh. And Matt It's just like one of those like annoyingly handsome guys like who sometimes you know, somehow just like makes eye contact feel like flirting, you know, like like it just like pierces your soul. And we had these like ridiculous drinks that like came in teacup.
Speaker 4: Which was like so cute.
Speaker 1: We were just like laughing the all time. He was like teasing me about being too extra. When I asked the bartender to like torch my lemon peel longer, you know, we were we already had this like banter going. You could really like feel it, and I had this feeling. I remember thinking like, oh my gosh, I got these people around us. I think we've been dating for a really long time.
Speaker 5: Oh you guys just flowed like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there.
Speaker 1: Was kissing a little more than a little more than kissing.
Speaker 4: But you know, I will I'll spare you the details. But he's a really.
Speaker 1: Really good kisser, which is just all adding to like why I'm so confused, because it was like one of the best first dates.
Speaker 4: I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Okay, is there anything that you can think of at all that would be the reason that he would be ghosting.
Speaker 1: Maybe because I took a selfie during the date, like a boat, like a both of us.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, I don't I mean, he laughed, like but maybe he thought it was like too aggressive to be, you know, posting about us or you know, even just taking a photo of us. But maybe he thinks I'm like, you know, already planning our wedding or something like. It didn't feel that way, you know, Yeah, really good selfie.
Speaker 5: By the way, did you post it anywhere?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, I just it was just for like.
Speaker 5: My own memories got you. Okay, I think I think I was really good. You can be like, hey, baby, is this is when Day and I met you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well we'll see where you figured it out for you.
Speaker 2: Cut, well, play us on come back and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, thank you. All right, we'll get your first day follow up right after this.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of your first day followup, if you're just joining us, Lacey is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Matt. So we're about to call him and see if that's ALUs why he's ghostinger and maybe get our second date. But before we do that, Lacy, why don't you catch us up on your date again real quick?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, Matt and I went to this really twinky cocktail lounge and got some drinks together and it was just like so viby and romantic, and he was making eye contact the whole time. We were laughing, we were you know, poking fun at each other. It was there was kissing, there was a little more than kissing, and I just have no idea like, what possibly could have caused.
Speaker 4: Him to ghost?
Speaker 5: You think it might be because of the selfie that you guys have.
Speaker 1: I think that's literally the only thing I can think of about that potentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, warned me out of somebody took a selfie with me on the first date, something I could.
Speaker 3: See myself doing. But I understand why people might be It's okay, lazy, I.
Speaker 5: Feel you all right? Are you ready for us to get him a call?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 5: Hi, may I speak to Matt? Please?
Speaker 2: Hey, Matt? How are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jubile Show.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 7: Matt?
Speaker 4: I'm Nina.
Speaker 5: Hi, I am Victoria and my name's Jubel.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, I love.
Speaker 5: That reaction every day. Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 7: I have?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 6: This is awkward and surprising.
Speaker 5: Sweet. Thank you? Well, Matt.
Speaker 2: Guess what what? We got an email about you from somebody that you're ghosting. Isn't that fun?
Speaker 6: Is this about Lacey?
Speaker 5: Yes? Okay, it is about Lacey. So we talked to Lacey.
Speaker 2: She told us about your date, you know, said that she really liked you a lot of thought things were great, but cannot figure out why you're ghosting her? Do you mind telling us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, this is going to sound ridiculou, but I swear it threw me off. Okay, So halfway through the date, she licked the rim of her cocktail glass like like slowly like and while maintaining eye contact, and truth be told, I panicked, like I was, well, like in my head, I was like, was that a move or was there sugar stuck there? Like I didn't know how to handle it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it would be kind of funny for a movement a change how you how you view it, Like, is it because it's a move that you were uncomfortable?
Speaker 6: I just didn't know if like if she was messing with me or if that's just how she drinks. It was it was like a scene of a movie that I wasn't prepared for.
Speaker 3: Like she was giving you a signal or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know. And that's yeah, that I mean, that's that's like literally why I haven't called it back because like I was like, I can't read it. I don't know what this means.
Speaker 5: Like how bad of a lick was it? Right?
Speaker 6: Like I said, it was intense it was aggressive, almost animal lesk like like.
Speaker 2: Like did she pick the glass up and like lick it from top to bottom or like all the around?
Speaker 6: I mean it was like around the ram like she picked it up, but like the whole time, like looking at me. Yes, yeah, it just threw me off. It was it was wild, like how.
Speaker 5: Many times does she make it around the rim?
Speaker 6: I didn't even count because it was one of those things I was like, do I watch this? Is this? Like I couldn't look away? But I also felt weird looking at it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, if it's what I'm picturing in my head right now, I could see how that would be uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also see how I kind of dig it, you like, staring you down just like.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but that's the reason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's I mean, that's it. That's the reason.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what, Matt, I mean, you listen to these, but I'm not sure if you remember Lacy is on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh, I guess I should have known.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hi Lacy, Hey Matt. Oh sorry, so I heard the whole thing. You're you vanished over a glass?
Speaker 5: Licking.
Speaker 6: Is that yes?
Speaker 4: Is that really?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm so sorry one second, Okay, sorry, I was just taking a sip of water and licking the bottle. Who yeah, Matt, No, I I was not seducing you. There was literally cinnamon sugar on the rim, like you said, So, I'm not going to be.
Speaker 4: Wasteful, you know.
Speaker 1: And and honestly, like even if I even if I was trying to seduce you, why wouldn't you lean into that? Like this is kind of crazy that that you're going to be so like anti flirtation, Like this is a little weird.
Speaker 6: It was intense and like you locked eyes like you were issuing a challenge.
Speaker 4: Well maybe I was. Maybe I was issuing a challenge and maybe you failed.
Speaker 6: Oh I don't fail.
Speaker 4: You don't fail, Okay, prove it.
Speaker 1: I mean you think I'm beautiful. You know, I'm funny, I'm hilarious, I smell amazing. Like, give me one good reason that that you shouldn't want another date?
Speaker 4: I'm serious, Matt.
Speaker 5: Would you like to go on another day with Lazy? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the thing is is not like being in control? And do you make that very hard?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That just sounds scared all around.
Speaker 6: Power plase, I'd rather be like a you know, hey, lady, h lick that glass for me?
Speaker 7: Whoa, lady, you know you better watch out.
Speaker 4: I might lick your glass next time.
Speaker 6: Okay, but only if I give you permission. I'm not like that all the time. I do like to be in control of certain things, though.
Speaker 3: You know, guys are so complicated.
Speaker 6: So you know I can be in control if there's a time for me to be in control, is right? You know we can do that for you.
Speaker 4: Lady.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, what do you think, lay It sounds like Matt's down for another day?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That is that?
Speaker 5: A yes?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: I didn't think we get at this point.
Speaker 2: But hey, okay, all right, congratulations another day, saying lady.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm all in.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry that the glass looking threw me off before, but now I'm all in and I'm ready to show you. Oh, Matt, oh, I love that.
Speaker 4: Hey, where's something that makes women stare at you? So I can get tellous what I got? Just the thing, Lady jubile, first dayfall up