Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's called money Moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in and listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, boost will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost Mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still Oh okay, time to take my financial viser hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details.
Speaker 2: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 3: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 3: Longtime cowboy DeMarcus Tant Lawrence signed with the Seattle Seahawks this week. Tang took some shots at the Cowboys when he got there. Let's take a listen to the video courtesy of Hawk Blogger on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to this. Now, Dallas is my home named my home there. You know, my family lives there. You know I'm forever going to be there. But you know I know for sure I'm not gonna win a Super Bowl there. So yeah, we're here. We're here. De Marcus Lawrence, Welcome to the Seahawks. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Wow, hold on, o Joe Michael Parsons. Then this is this what rejection and envy looked like this? Some clown ish d law responded, calling me a clown. Won't change the fact that I told the truth. Maybe if you spend less time tweeting and more time winning, I wouldn't have left.
Speaker 2: Demon.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it, Wow like it, I like it.
Speaker 1: Listen, Wow, they don't really feel like that about each other. But you know, you know how you know when somebody leaves and they go somewhere else and they understand and they see how the culture is and and listen to the Seahawks won the Super Bowl? How long ago?
Speaker 2: How long go?
Speaker 4: That was on?
Speaker 1: That wasn't that long ago?
Speaker 2: Now? Twenty twelve?
Speaker 1: Honey, okay?
Speaker 3: That no twenty no no no no no no no no no twenty twenty, twenty thirteen, twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: The raid was won in twenty twenty, twenty.
Speaker 1: Thirty one, more more recently than the Cowboys have. I can tell you that mister Lawrence, who's been in Dallas for a very long time and understanding why they haven't won one, as opposed to how the fans see why they haven't won one, and understanding that Jerry's bottom line isn't really about winning but making money. He actually has the ground to stand on being able to say that now that he's going somewhere else, because you can see how things are run, he can see how things are run well, hell, they haven't won a super Bowl or trying to win one, or bullying building the type of team to.
Speaker 2: Win one in a very long time. They haven't.
Speaker 1: So he's just telling the truth and understand Michael. Michael has to do. You got to come, you got you got to defend your team.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 1: You got to defend.
Speaker 3: Ond Yeah for me, O Joe, you have to be careful when you go to another team because you know the emotion of it and you're like, oh, yeah, I'm so happy to be here with so much.
Speaker 2: This team is so much better than the team that I left.
Speaker 3: So you have to be careful of that because it's easy to get caught up into that. Because I remember having my press conference and I was like I wanted to say certain things, but I had to be like, Okay, I'm on that beat, a bit beat a bigger person. You're happy that you enjoyed your ten years in Denver. It was an opportunity. Hey, somebody gonna give you another opportunity to be what you were, and you appreciate that. Uh, I'm a little surprised that that that. I'm surprised d Law said what he said. I'm surprised Michael said what he said. And I'm really really surprised.
Speaker 1: D Law responded, not really actually know you got you got two people that love each other.
Speaker 2: You know, hurt people hurt it hurt people hurt people that ain't real.
Speaker 1: Yes, which about two dudes that played the same position, that been on the team, you know, three four years happened many years they've been together.
Speaker 2: They don't really feel like that. He what I thought I thought you would.
Speaker 3: I thought you would have said that, you're because we played together without men.
Speaker 2: We we we we were even sober.
Speaker 1: They get along. I'm telling I'm telling you, I know them boys. You know they ain' ain't no feeling.
Speaker 5: Let me you ever call you ever call t J a clown? You ever call t J a clown? Nine you have a call car for the clown? No or t O you ever call Cory dealer of the clown. No, No, no, no, no, it's oh damn.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: You have a call Big Willie, Willie my homeboy from me from the Hey you ever called Willie clown?
Speaker 1: Now? You know?
Speaker 2: You know you you together? You ain't called nobody, no clown that you still.
Speaker 1: Got now with Damn, I'm an offensive player and I get along with everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to figure out. So who have you called a clown that you love and you cool with?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 1: I think I love everybody. That's my problem, That's what I think. That's my problem. But again, I mean this, it is football, you know that's that's that's love talking. That's her talking. Man.
Speaker 2: I used to go to war.
Speaker 1: But you what what you talking about?
Speaker 2: We used to watch field, We used to study film together.
Speaker 1: What you're talking about?
Speaker 2: We was in the weight room together.
Speaker 1: What is you talking about?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, O Joe, name the three people that will tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: Drunk kids angry at people, They'll tell you that they listen. That's a you can I say something real quick. Anytime someone is angry at you, whatever they tell you when they're angry, you have to hang on to that becau's how they really what you just said?
Speaker 3: He didn't mean that you said, well, Michael Barton rejected. Every looked like this some clowns.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: You told me not to prisident.
Speaker 1: Now hold on statement. No, okay, I really I really wasn't talking. I really wasn't talking male to male. Now, I just I'm just throwing it out there for the fellas. You got to stay with me, okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, so what a fever?
Speaker 3: When a woman tells you that, I'm hanging on to everybody you got, you got to hang on that because listen, when they drunk, they'll tell you how they really feel when they're angry.
Speaker 2: Oh, they give everything everything you wish for.
Speaker 3: Oh that's how you okay, a drunk because the drug mouth is sober faults.
Speaker 1: Okay, bet, I'm I'm gonna put that. I'm gonna put that in my back pocket and hold on to it. You can't never forget nothing. But listen, you know you know them boy them boy that ain't serious like that now, ain't shit I do how to fit my team? Well, he says, you take a shot at me and you call me a cloud. Well, I'll tell you what. Well, if you ask get off. Goddamn stop tweeting and doing whatever you're doing. Maybe we went more than I wouldn't have left, and you were gonna leave regardles because they were gonna pay you.
Speaker 2: He won't staying no way.
Speaker 1: But you see what I'm saying, it's just ain't just just bickering back and forth.
Speaker 2: You know, to friends, got it?
Speaker 1: Why I bet you see I bet you see him in a video or a picture something sometime later on in the season.
Speaker 2: Watch before that? Was you thinking? I mean I didn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, Dee Law been there for a minute, second round draft pick, played a number of years there, have a hell up a career in Dallas. I would have never thought he would leave because one thing Jerry does. Jerry take care of his players, guys that he draft, he believed in playing, hating his homegrown talent, and the Law has been there for at least a decade, maybe longer, maybe longer, but he felt it was time for him to move on. He wanted to be in a situation that he felt gave him a better opportunity.
Speaker 2: Excuse me to win.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the money what three years, fifteen million per Yeah, I mean, I'm saying for your three years forty five million. If I'm not mistaken on Joe, don't quote me on that. I think I read something. I didn't know anything about this until like we just get ready to come on the show and ask Ash test text me asking me did I see this? I didn't because I was exhausted. I came in and went to bed. I ain't gonna lie. I can't with the bed bad Like whoa he played eleventh season in Dallas. He's about to play his twelfth season.
Speaker 2: Uh wow, I like. I like it.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, with a schedule at do the Cowboys play the Seahawks this year? That's what I want to know. Now, that's what I'm talking about. Give me, give me, give me make it a little bit more entertaining.
Speaker 3: Half a few Well, I would feel I would feel more entertaining if one was on offense and oneman.
Speaker 1: I understand, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: On Joe, both of them on the keep inside so they're never gonna come in contact, kind of like.
Speaker 1: Being you talking track each other. You on offense, I'm on offense. Even if we played the same side of the ball and were going at it. I mean, now we gotta show up. Now, who's gonna be more productive, Who's gonna have the better game, Who's gonna get.
Speaker 2: The most He'll get the most sacks.
Speaker 1: Whatever it may be. How who's gonna impact the game more? Even if we do play the same position, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: Because when I was on the Ravens, if I was talking trash to another offensive player, I already know my steps is gonna better than yours because you were gonna do jack edition not against that defense. Yeah, oh no, So it didn't matter. It didn't matter. It didn't matter what I did. I might have one catch that was gonna be more and more than you got. That's what I do. That's what I know. And if you did get a catch, you're gonna wish you had to call it because they were gonna put hands on your ass. So for me, yes, I love arguing with d Lineman. That's who I got into the most argument. Rest is soul uh Ta tas kendidate Rest and soul Chester mcglon.
Speaker 1: I stayed into it with y'all.
Speaker 2: I stayed every every time we played.
Speaker 3: There's not one game that I didn't when CHAT was with the Raiders or can City that I didn't get into it with him. Chat was Taens was the same way. Sam Adams too said Sam, yeah he can't won about bad friend. But for hey, Man and Lima Gifts So said, they're like, man, you ain't got to block him. I said, well, hey, hey, they ain't got nothing to do with me. He talking crazy to me? What you think I'm gonna do?
Speaker 2: Let it? Talk crazy to me?
Speaker 1: And because y'all got a block him, don't take crazy back?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I wish I might put your big boy pansts on. Buckle up.
Speaker 2: Forget you re run? But hey, those some great That was some great times.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen would ask why, why do why he didn't look to break that Dak Prescott sixty million per year record contract extension. I know it's weird to say, but what's five million more gonna do for my life right now that I can't already do?
Speaker 2: I've lived a really good life. I got a house, got a car.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 2: Do you like Josh saying this? I love? Oh Joe?
Speaker 1: When did I talk about it?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe? What the hell can I?
Speaker 3: What can't I do with a hunt with three hundred and thirty million that I can't that I can do with four hundred million. So he said, I'm making fifty five What can I do with fifty five million? But I can only do with sixty million? What once you get to a certain number, It's like like Elon Musky is the world's richest man. Let's just say he works for that failure. Oh Joe, what can't What can I do with one hundred billion? What can I do with two a fifty billion? What can I do with ten billion? That I absolutely need to do to have that?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: So he's like, bro, fifty five sixty do you see him? I got a quarter of a billy guaranteed a quarter of a billion. Damn that I can You could say, look, if you're gonna guarantee me a quarter of a billy, I'll make forty million. If you're gonna guarantee a quarter, I'm a billy ot you so me personally not to cut you off with you. I love that, he said that. Tell me what you think, man.
Speaker 1: I like it. It makes sense. It makes me, It makes them sweet sense. Who would argue the fact. I'm just curious who would argue the fact outside of some of it?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 1: You know what happened when you get greedy. Right mm hmm, it only it only makes sense.
Speaker 2: Bigs eat well, hogs get slaughtered.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, stay right there, stay right there, man, you better stop, you better stop playing.
Speaker 2: Better bring that listen, hold on, hold on, bring it to me slow now. Yeah, gigs eat good, hogs get slaughtered.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know what scenario I'm going to be able to use this in conversation or argument, but it's.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling it. Greed, greed, money, That's what it's talking about.
Speaker 2: Greed.
Speaker 3: But it's like, like Josh said, Josh, like at the end of the day, and the thing is like what Mahomes did.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, he got that big number. But and we knew Mahomes.
Speaker 3: If if Josh is worth a quarter of a billy, how much is a guy that's been the five Super Bowls one three, two League MVPs three five three Super Bowl MVPs, what's that worth? But He's like, you know what, at the end of the day, I need to be able to surround my surround myself because tell I can't win to think about myself no matter how great I am, I need people around me love.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, football players.
Speaker 3: Have to have that because there's a chab Baseball players are always, for the most part, going to get the most money because they keep trying to They keep trying to push the the salaries through feeling.
Speaker 2: And so you see ain't no, ain't no, uh what's his name? Soto?
Speaker 1: Want Soto taking a five hundred way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, taking five hundred million when there's somebody out there that got seven hundred million for it. You know, guys, they're not doing that because they're like, look, it's not my responsibility because there is no cap o Joe. So there's like, hey, whatever the marketill bear whatever the team is willing to pay, that's where we're going. So if we got two three, four guys on the team that's making two hundred million, two hundred and fifty million, yeah, oh be it, so absolutely be it. But I love I love what Josh said. And look, I'm not going to tell anybody what they should have shouldn't do.
Speaker 1: Josh said, I'm good at fifty five.
Speaker 3: I don't need sixty because anything that I wanted a fifty, If I need sixty to do it, I'm gonna be thumb spending way.
Speaker 1: He kept it. He kept it in the realm, also from a from a point of being paid where I'm still being paid with the best. But also we can struct. Yeah, I get tell you to build around me so I can be able to contend to compete, not only get to the not only get to the a SC Championship, but also be able to compete and intend for a Super Bowl as well. So I'm gonna take fifty five. I'm not gonna take City because I take CIS. It's gonna take something some of the potentials off the table for me. Basic on what I can put around me. They help improve my team, good playing. It ain't gonna loadball me too much.
Speaker 3: Now, no, no, no, no, no no, you're not gonna Oh, Joe, you can lowball me. Give me a quarter Billy guaranteed low ball ball you want to, you can give me five million year Hey long, I know I got.
Speaker 1: Guarantee.
Speaker 2: Is right for y'all.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely. Look, I don't look. I don't tell anybody what he or he or she should do. That's you. You make the best decision for you. I don't have a problem with Josh and his mentality. Now somebody like Chase, and Chase says, no, Bro, y'all made me wait, I need all of that. If I'm not mistaken, Jeogh had four years left on it.
Speaker 1: Deal, listen, you gotta understand they view the quarterback position a lot, a lot different than other positions, a lot different. You have to understand the Bangles as well. But the Bengals won't do You're not gonna bully it. You're not gonna bully them. They've shown that countless time when car upset, when Carson wanted, wanted, wanted, wanted out, or he did, he did, he fit and said I'm not coming back until I'm traded at whatever it may be. There have been other issues as well. Hell I even I even tried to try being upset, but they showed me yeah, yeah, okay, that ain't fit of work. So then they weren't gonna set a precedent even with Chase having two years left on and deal, Okay, we're gonna pay you early.
Speaker 2: That's not us, that's not what we do. We don't care who you are.
Speaker 1: And they've proven that and they've stood firm on that stand regards to who has been So I understand he gonna get his money this year though, north of forty.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you what you do if but see, Harry's the thing, Oh Joe, you have to think a year or two in advance before you decided. Now, so now, hey, if y'all if I'm married, baby, Hey, no extravagant spending. We've beenna lock this thing down because I feel we might be in a protracted holdout. So now I gotta make sure everything is lined up because they know my money where it is. They know so no, they know I got thirty million. I'm sitting on thirty million. I'll sit out these first.
Speaker 2: Eight nine games.
Speaker 3: I'll come back because I gotta make sure I'm vested. I gotta make sure I'm not gonna give them a whole year. Y'all gonna do something. Y'all won't pay me. Hey, I'm gonna go somewhere else and get paid. Then y'all not finna do this. Y'all told me last year, y'all gonna pay me. I come out, have one of the great season in NFL history, And now y'all talking about y'all not gonna pay me again. Oh, that's not gonna hold it. That's not gonna happen. I'm sorry, y'all paid everybody else. Y'all ain't got no problem paying everybody else. But now all of a sudden, y'all don't want to pay me.
Speaker 2: Oh, Ami me give me me. I need all that. Uh.
Speaker 3: And then you hear, O Joe, they want a first round draft pick for Trey Henderson.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody gonna give you that.
Speaker 3: Y'all want me to give y'all a first round draft pick and pay a thirty billion.
Speaker 1: You don't think someone is willing to give up the back to back seventeen?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, because I know you can't keep it. I know you can't keep Why would.
Speaker 1: I'm paying hard ball?
Speaker 2: I sure am to say. Let me ask you a question, O joe.
Speaker 3: Why didn't somebody trade for Cooper cub because they knew the Rams gonna cut?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They Oh, they want to take it on that salary.
Speaker 3: Come on line, tell them you want me to get you want me to give you a first round pick and paying thirty right?
Speaker 1: Right right, right right right?
Speaker 2: Okay, we listen, We on the page.
Speaker 1: We on the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. So no, I don't have a problem with Josh.
Speaker 3: But if somebody said, no, I want all the money, I ain't got no problem with them, because anybody that anybody that goes through the fire, you deserve whatever you whatever you think you can get and whatever that team will pay. But it just goes to show you. But like you said, uh, they didn't have to do anything, but it just a he won the MVP, he's been a model citizen for all the indication, he's been great here in the community. I ain't got no problem. I have no problem with them paying it. I have no problem with him leaving a little money on the table. I ain't got no problem with it. That's that's that's an individual man. He could have left something for who. You ain't out here taking these licks. You ain't out here, you ain't training, you ain't away from your family and talking about what I should do. Nah, you should keep your mind closed because I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do. What's in the best pitcher stuff shune.
Speaker 1: But I don't like too. I think I think think hands are confusing and saying, oh T Higgins making twenty six, Oh that's that's enough.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. He should be well off with that.
Speaker 1: I mean, the did they need to stop comparing themselves and put them in in the in the in the shoes of athletes and what they should or should not get or should have. Shouldn't that mean because you're not.
Speaker 3: Out there, you're not going to meetings, Oh get oh Joe, But they're looking at But a lot of times fans looking at it from their perspective. And let's just say, let's just say, if I take a fan and I say, okay, you make one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: Of course, twenty six million is a lot of money to you.
Speaker 3: But if you feel you make you should make three hundred thousand and somebody and somebody and your boss say without hundred and fifty dollars is plenty of you, you're gonna look at him sideways.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: You have to look at it from an athlete's perspective and the prism and the arena that.
Speaker 2: He or she is in.
Speaker 3: You can't just say, of course, if I'm making seventy five thousand dollars a year and somebody offered me one hundred a million dollars a year, yes, I bet we Oh Joe, we get there. Yes, you talk about the guy that you're talking about, a guy that made five dollars a day.
Speaker 2: So if I'm making five dollars a day.
Speaker 3: If somebody's gonna pay me sixty thousand a year, right, I'm gonna take it. Or if i'm making I made one on one summer, I make three hundred and thirty seven dollars. Now you mean to tell me somebody's gonna give me two hundred thousand dollars. So yeah, when you look at it in your terms, that's a little disorder amount of money. But when you look at a guy and he's already making fifteen million and he's put up these type of numbers, no, that's not enough for him based on what.
Speaker 2: They don't get it, and he's not.
Speaker 1: Gonna let they don't like that. The fan's gonna view it like that.
Speaker 2: I wish they were able to separate the two.
Speaker 1: But and I like got a lot of Mango fans that got onto me simply about my issues with T being able to hit the open market because I'm understanding, understanding what he can get and what he's deserving, and why fans want the mistake for their own selfish reasons. They want to pay for their own selfish reason just keeping the band together. And I'm looking at you know, for long, long term, you know, based on what he's been able to do despite even even with injuries that he's had, because I understand how good he is. Once he hits the court, I mean hit the court, once he hits the field, I.
Speaker 2: Know what you get.
Speaker 1: So I know he gonna get well well north of thirty thirty two thirty three if he hits the open market. That's that's all I'm saying. And people saying, why wouldn't you want to stay? He needs to stay?
Speaker 2: Twenty six five is enough? I mean, man, that's that's That's.
Speaker 1: Not what it's about. That's not what it's about. Listen, as I love my Bengals, live, live, each shift, sleep, die Bengals. But I also understand that he's deserving what he is. I understand how this works. You don't take home team discounts on your first deal. You don't do no, not in the first one. Maybe the second or the third one, but not because people look at that. Hello, ma'am, Miles, done got two deals? Now, you done got two max deal. Ain't talking no discount Now. If you want to take a discount on the third one, that's it. That's the prerogative. But if he doesn't that's also his prerogative.
Speaker 3: I don't feel I should be obligated to help a billionaire stay a billionaire fair though, Fana don't look at it fair like, oh, we pay your fatory, Well, you pay the owner, you help that horner become a billion are too little, But you.
Speaker 1: Don't look at it like that.
Speaker 2: Y'all just look at the player.
Speaker 3: Because the likelihood you see, the greater likelihood that you're going to bump into the player in the grocery store, at the hard wash the mall as opposed to the owner, So you feel a connection to that player like, oh, which, while y'all talking about y'all play player fallery, let me ask you a question. Who y'all ain't paying for them yachts that these owners that you feel Derry Jones, that are Jeffrey Lowie, that are Arthur Blak, Who y'all.
Speaker 1: Pay for this? Continue to the joints that continue to show concessions, who.
Speaker 3: Are playing with that helicopters laying on that by practice feeler at Jerry's world talk too along. So y'all ain't got no park, y'all don't have no problem paying for that. But when the player asks for oh, Okay, Hey, ain't no thing y'all. Hey, y'all want to pay y'all pay yea lay? Look y'all paying y'all rather pay a billionaire and help him stay there, because guess what, those owners are gonna be owners a lot long as these player as gonna be players.
Speaker 2: Now you figure out? Now, you tell me, gotta get as much as you can. Hey, why the stove is hot?
Speaker 3: What plant? What NFL player? What NFL player has played long as Jerry Jones been the owner? What player has played long as mister Craft has been the owner? I'm curious. So y'all been paying, y'all been playing their salaries and those big homes, for those yachts and those magines.
Speaker 2: But now, okay, we're good. O.
Speaker 3: Joe who can the club says he will not be getting married until he wins the Super Bowl. I don't think I'm ready to get married anytime soon. I try to win a Super Bowl, Jo, I did? Would you think jump?
Speaker 1: I like it?
Speaker 2: I mean, depending on where you are in life.
Speaker 1: I think that that's nearly We talked about night before last, and maybe last night simply about the quarterbacks and how things come into fruition, how life changes for the better when you get married, when you have that structured discipline on your hip. A man that finds a wife find it a good thing. For the quarterback situation for some reason, like life is just everything falls and falls in order, you know, like it's like a domino effect. The receiver, I'm not sure it affects you in either way. So I understand who in the corps focus the want to focus on winning a championship, which he has a good chance of doing, especially with the edition of my guy, the greatest route runner of all time outside of myself and Devonte Adams, Matthew Jafford him, you know, mister gunslinger himself, he has a good chance to do that.
Speaker 2: So I get and you see the quarterback they getting Joe.
Speaker 3: You see Josh Allen got engaged, Dak Prescott got engaged, Jalen Hurt got engaged. Pat You Mahomes got married early. I mean, if you look at uh, I don't think. I don't think Joe have engaged anything.
Speaker 2: I don't know if.
Speaker 1: You've the scenario for you. I don't even I don't even stank that practice that Dak Prescott had gotten paid yet that Dak Prescott gets engaged and gets married something that that sort.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, boom, sixty million just came out of nowhere. I'm like, wait a.
Speaker 3: Minute, Hey, hey, I'm fit to grab go ground.
Speaker 1: Somebody dog Joe.
Speaker 2: They give me a quarter of bailing.
Speaker 1: It's something about it. Now, Now listen to me. I have you. I told you, I've been trying to trying to get you in the same page for a very long time for the trigger. I'm telling you, man, listen, listen. It's twenty twenty five right at the I'm gonna take this year. I'm gonna take this year. I'm gonna relax, I'm gonna work. I'm a grind. I'm gonna have some No, I'm not gonna ain't gonna have no mock, no fun. I'm a grind. The top of twenty twenty six. I'm going into twenty twenty six with a ring on my finger. I'm getting married. I ain't I ain't got I ain't got time to play. I ain't got time to play. Well, life is short. I'm on the back half now. I ain't got that. I ain't got that many more good years left in me. You hear me? I ain't. I ain't got I ain't got too many move I'm talk about good years. I'm about good years. Good Oh listen, my twenties and my thirties. But I'm going to be fifty. I ain't got time to be playing.
Speaker 2: Man. What we what we talking about?
Speaker 1: Think about it? What we talk about? Like, really think about where we are alife? Seriously. We don't play it around in our twenties having fun. We don't play it around in our thirties having fun. We don't play it around in our forties. I'm I'm finna be fifty. What were doing? Baby? But I'm finny get married? This shit?
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: I ain't mean I've been been doing real good.
Speaker 3: Oh, y'all to me, you remember the song come on maybe me crying now jeeus in the funny how time just stiffs someway.
Speaker 2: I told y'all, don't measure my life in years.
Speaker 3: I measured my life summers and uh. I'm constantly thinking, I'm waiting on my blood work to come back so i can see what my UH is. Everything's okay. My physical based on my family history, probably somewhere between high end, probably twenty summers.
Speaker 2: Based on my family history, mom, dad, family history, so forth and so on. You're right here, show just that. Come on, let me go right, I'm talking about FC.
Speaker 3: That's growth right there, and that's it's time.
Speaker 2: It's time to get serious, uh.
Speaker 1: With you when you're writing now, come on, take take your time.
Speaker 2: It's just all this.
Speaker 3: You know, if you win awards, you you've lived your dream.
Speaker 2: You've done a great job trying to raise kids.
Speaker 3: And there are times I think, like, damn, everything that I've accomplished.
Speaker 2: Take the football side, that's.
Speaker 3: Now, who are you doing it for? Why you're doing it? And don't you want somebody to share that ride with? Come on, man, I'm sure you were driving cross country is fun, but I think it's a lot. I think it's better if you drive across country without no.
Speaker 1: Thelmb But there was no Louise.
Speaker 2: What would be the point of Elma if they're no league?
Speaker 1: No Louise? You got Clyde?
Speaker 2: But who the hell was Clyde without Bonnie?
Speaker 1: Huh? Without Weezy? There's no George. If it wasn't for Tom, who the hell was gonna chase Jerry? So we need a party, We need a collingboard, somebody, man, some of the greatest stories in life. It's always two. It always has been. But you know, you're feeling good in your twenties, Oh I ain't. Just ain't worry about it. I'm gonna find me somebody. You're feeling good in your thirties, Man, don't worry about I'm gonna run through this little decade of thirties. Don't worry about it. Man, I don ran through my forties. Oh Man, what I'm doing. I'm looking at my watch.
Speaker 2: Make wait a minute, I'm on the I'm on the back end. Now I'm on the back hand.
Speaker 1: I didn't climb the mountain and I'm scaling over the mountain now to go downhill?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What we talking about? And the time went by so fast it did. Bros have some me.
Speaker 1: And it just.
Speaker 2: Dawned on me like not too long ago? Man, What the am I doing? Like?
Speaker 1: I'm just acting like I can't get this time back. I'm wasting. So it make it easy for me to move a certain way based on I can't get this back. I can't. Now if I was in my twenties, I understand. Okay, I can play a little longer. You know I'm a thirty You know I could play. You know, I say it got time, man, sh boy, I'm any about one thing. By that time, you can't get it back and it do not stop, no, do not stop, man please.
Speaker 2: Gives his list the best wide receiver duos. JD.
Speaker 3: Johnson he got number one, Chase Higgins, number two, AJ Brown, Devonte Smith number three, Jeddah and Addison number four, Evan the Godwin, five, Arman Ross, Saint Brown, j Mo number six, He'll waddle number seven, lut Atlanta, Atlanta's Drake London, the Mooney and the rest haven't played asn't unit yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me go to that, all right. I had had to pull out. I had to stand up for this too, because you know, I got excited by this one. Obviously, I'm not I'm not being biased. I actually have Chasing Higgins first for a reason. Hell, I played for the goddamn Bengals and they are from listen. AJ Brown and Devonte Smith. They just won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yes again they.
Speaker 1: Do they Oh my good? How do I say this? And I don't mean to be rude.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to be rude.
Speaker 1: They don't throw the ball as much over in Philly as opposed to the Bengals. You know, you know what I mean. But a Brown and Devonte Smith a one hell of a duel down there in Philly, Jettas and goddamned Jordan Addison. Boy, they had a hell of a season regards to who the quarterback is. Sam Donald comes in there, JJ McCarthy gets hurt.
Speaker 2: They do what they.
Speaker 1: Do best, phenomenal duo, Evanson Godwin. What more can I say? They did it with Tom Brady, and they did it with Baker Mayfield, and they gonna do it again this year. Aman Ross, Amon Ross, Aint Brown and j Moo. Nasty work, nasty, nasty work now the only reason I have Tyreek here and Wadall so low and then the quotations that got quarterback injury that the ogusty too got hurt and everybody's numbers were affected by that. Listen, I got London and Mooney Mooney at seven, yeah, Dariamn Mooney, the rest, the rest of them, they haven't played together. I just look good because because of the names.
Speaker 3: And George Pickens, DeVante Adam pook In decor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, the name the good They just haven't played together, so I need I didn't even get something. I'm just curious. Chet you, like Melissa, would you change it? I mean the order to me, I think it is good the way I have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, I I'm not so sure I change anything. One. I have Chasing Higgins too, because Chase is the best receiver in football.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Some people might say, I don't know, it might be Jettle, but I think Chase right now is the number one. Right, so I don't think anybody's gonna say AJ is better than him or Mike, Kevin Saint Brown, any of those guys. I think Chasing, I mean, the Triple Crown validates what we know. And then Higgins, So okay, Higgins Davante is close. But I think because Chase is number one, I like that group. I like a James smithy uh me.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I get I get.
Speaker 3: A little perplexed, and I'm like, damn AJ, Like he won the super Bowl, but he's like complaining about catches.
Speaker 2: But I get it.
Speaker 3: But then again, I don't at this point in time about Joe. I would not not now after I won the super Bowl. It's all about celebration, right, It's all about celebration. He I have this conversation behind closed doors. When Jay with a jleb hurts the new oc Sirianni, I mean, oh Joe, he is just like, that's just me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I don't like, uncle, This is the business side of things. You talk about him not having a production right, or him not getting the catches, or him not having the yards that he should because you know that, you know how they gonna play with him later. You know what they're gonna do to him. They're gonna come talk to him right and they're gonna say, you know what, maybe a year or two from now now, based on your salary and what you're making and the numbers you're putting up, it really ain't making no sense paying you this kind of money when your production ain't what it should be.
Speaker 2: The look at your numbers. So they use it against him.
Speaker 1: So I understand what are you doing and why he wants to argue the fact, Well, I want the catches. I need the catches, so the production matches what my salary is, right, So the miniature production though match with the salary is what's the first thing you want to do.
Speaker 2: They either want to let you go, they want you to take a pay cut, Oh Joe, But you you're going to Jailen Hirsts.
Speaker 3: You're not going to have the numbers that that that that that change has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they.
Speaker 1: Got say quarter back then Yeah, I'm just saying it's different.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, what receiver you what receiver? You know?
Speaker 3: Got a two thousand yard Russia and they got a hundred catch receiver at the fifteen hundred yard receival with fifteen touchdowns When you got a two thousand Do you know how many carris you got to get for two thousand yards?
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm with you when you write. I'm with you when you're right.
Speaker 2: Oh Jr.
Speaker 3: Check this signe pre age and quarterback Mac Jones is signed with the forty Niners two hundred deal, seven million dollars.
Speaker 2: With five million guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Jones wanted the opportunity to work with for the Niners head coach Kyle Shanahan. Will Kyle Shanahan be yes, may revive mac Jones' career? Yes, because for all intensive purpose, don't, Joe. We thought that's where he was going before they traded up to take Trey Lance.
Speaker 2: I thought that would have been perfect. Got you mean to tell me?
Speaker 3: I believe he's just as athletic arm just as strong as Ron Rding.
Speaker 2: Hold up, think about it.
Speaker 3: If you took Mac Jones at where you were, you have kept all those first round picks, you wouldn't have had to give up all of that.
Speaker 2: But hey, I do think.
Speaker 3: I do think because I think Mac Jones was really good in his rookie season when he had an offensive head, when he had an offensive coordinator Josh McDaniel in his ear. Some reason, some for some unknown reason to me like, oh, you know what, I think we're gonna put two guys in his ear that's never called an offensive play in their life. I think that'll work out, okay, Ojoe, And it was terrible.
Speaker 1: It didn't. He didn't. But hold on, I got a question you just said when you said about him going to the forty nine ers reviving something about him playing the position for quarterback. Now, if I'm not mistaken, they do have Rock Purty b brock Perdy who commands a thirty five forty million dollars salary coming up soon. Uh yeah, So exactly exactly what part of reviving his quarterback career is Shannon Haan't gonna do?
Speaker 3: He gonna get an opportunity to see how you do things. And guess what maybe brock perty say he don't want to play it.
Speaker 2: Well, he don't want that because sometimes I gotta have I gotta get leverage on Yojo, I gotta get leverage.
Speaker 1: Nah, you know, ain't no leverage. Yeah, not with that, I mean not not when you command, not when you commit, when you're getting ready.
Speaker 2: To make that kind of money, ain't no leverage.
Speaker 3: Guess what Brett Farve did. Think they had no leverage Ether Diddy, Aaron Rodgers did. They had no right they had to have. They didn't have no leverage either, did'y?
Speaker 1: Now hold on, now you know how oyo? You know how they difference of scenarios.
Speaker 2: You know o yo, you know how these teams work.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I know, I know, I know, I know, o.
Speaker 3: Jo, they'll eat that money like o Jo the dead money. Think about the think about the money that the Broncos they paid Russell Wilson death.
Speaker 2: I saw the media, right, Can.
Speaker 1: I ask you a question? Yes, we saw a small sample drive and we saw a small sample size the mac Jones, right, yes, Patriots, Yes, we saw a small sample size the mac Jones. Where was he last year? Jacksonville at Jacksonville. So all of a sudden, just just God for some reason that he might be the answer if things don't work out, were back were brought pretty Yes, Okay, I'm just okay, I'm with you. I like like, I like how I like how you got.
Speaker 3: But but what I like if you think about it, O Joe, if you look at these guys that's had resurgers, look at a Sam Donald, look at Geno Smith, it was a.
Speaker 2: Talent around them around him that.
Speaker 3: You know, And all of a sudden he got dk he had Locket, he had Smith and Jigbuff. You look at Sam Donald, he had Addison, he had Hokinson, he had Jetta, he had Jones in the backfield. So now if I put complimentary pieces around him, I'm not saying sometimes I got to have an air boat, right, I don't need that much water in order to get to where I need to get to.
Speaker 2: O your mona.
Speaker 3: Now if I'm on a pontoon, I need a lot of water. Because I think he had me and he's some boys. So I'm not saying that he's a guy that could elevate. I'm saying maybe he needs a situation where guys can need to elevate him, because if you look at him when he was at Alabama, when he had water, when he had Davonte, when he hadn't met you, when he had nine g in the backfield, how did he look? O?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: Wait boy, wait wait wait wait, let's think about what they got over there and it with the forty nine or now. They don't have nothing like what you just named. Now, they have some very very very good players. Good player Deah old Gard, Brenda Jennis, the real deal?
Speaker 2: Know you mean?
Speaker 1: Are you now? I said? Know? Brandon Jennings, Brandon Jennings for where and Brandon Jennings. Yeah, Brandon Jennings, what position you play? Joe, Juwan Jennings, Juan and tripping you got the basketball player? Yeah, I'm talking about jaw. You gotta listen. Who was talking about Brandon Jennings earlier?
Speaker 2: Us? He still got Juwan Jennings.
Speaker 1: Nice Purcell came on, you know lest Now are you coming off of coming off an injury?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Come out?
Speaker 3: They still got you still got a kittle coming back?
Speaker 2: I see back and hold up.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I think I think they're gonna be all right. They still need that, They still need that that boy. Yeah, you know, and you know not understanding what I mean. They still need that that that man. Listen that boy. I love Juwan Jennings, I love.
Speaker 2: You know what they have.
Speaker 1: They still need that doll Like like Masterpi said, they still need that dog. And I'm talking about from a receiver standpoint, can do it all. Oh Joe checking this out. Daniel Jones signed with the Coats.
Speaker 3: Reports sound like they maybe a quarterback competition between him and Anthony Richards. Please, Oh Joe, tell me the time you ever seen somebody sign a backup for fourteen million dollars if I if they've tried to receive it.
Speaker 2: You making five million.
Speaker 3: They paid the wide receiver that they brought in seventeen million.
Speaker 2: What you tell me what you're thinking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what it is. It's funny how they play that game. Huh, it's funny. It's funny how they play the game.
Speaker 2: What you mean with game? They playing what you're paying him?
Speaker 1: Then you saw what it was when he was in New York, right, Yes, okay, so you bring him in for a quarterback competition for what.
Speaker 2: But maybe it's a good thing. Huh.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is a good thing for Anthony Richardson, You mean you tell me, you mean to tell me you for to bring somebody in to beat me out spot after you already saw what he was able to do. Don't don't get me started. Oh, I think it's a good thing. Fancy where maybe this will propel him, Not that he needs motivation anyway, He doesn't need no motivation. Not that the quarterback position, you don't. But this will get you in line real quick because it sends a message we don't believe in you. We don't think he'll the long term answer for our team.
Speaker 3: They benched his ass last year. That should have been a clear message right there.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you know they've been for a pacific reason.
Speaker 3: Le mal question. Let me ask your question. If Tom Brady came out, if Patrick Mahomes came out of the game, they getting bitch the next game? Absolutely not, Thank you. Will tell me the backup player. Tell me the backup player in the NFL that's making fourteen million any position. Tell me the backup player that's making fourteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: It probably ain't none, huh exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's crazy how they play. That's three. Davey Jones got got some uh video, got some dirt or somebody on somebody hey.
Speaker 3: He he he by have a table, somebody would have go ain't no tell it?
Speaker 1: Hey but fourteen well one year, two year, one year? God lecky, yes, yeah, he he knows something. You probably know what. He probably know where they got Jimmy hoffab By.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 3: So it's uh, you're right, oh y'all me a. This is a clear indication. I don't know when the coaches talk or when the organization talk, if not that Richardson was listening. They got his undivided attention. Now he got his underbattered attention On't Joe undivided?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe?
Speaker 3: Rogers was released by the Jet today negotiations of the ongoing between the Steelers and Rogers. Here's what Mike Florio was reporting. The all is reportedly in aeron Rogers court. The Steelers are simply waiting for a decision from Rogers, regardless. Is tempting to think that Rogers, who not long ago was potentially out of options, has found a way to make it all about himself again. In just in two weeks, Rogers has gone from the guy who has to reach out to the giants to a guy who has options, whether he's doing it on purpose or just doing what he does. He's become the center of the NFL's attention for maybe one last time. We're focused on him, we're talking about him, We're not as long as the Steelers don't move on to another veteran quarterback. He can take his time. At some point. How however, they'll need an answer, and when he gives them one, he'll likely complain about all their attention that he's had a link of the situation naturally generated.
Speaker 2: Look, oh, Joe, you and I weren't talking about it.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: We were talking about the people that had gotten signed, right. We talked about like it was a probat to be that he was gonna get released. They made it say like, look, this is what we want you to do, the Giant said. They released a statement, say no, we're moving on. They thanked him for the two years that he was there, blah blah blah. But after the day, if he ain't signed, ain't no more. I just talk yeah, not for not for me. Now, maybe you want to bring it up a let's let's talk about this right here. Okay, fire, But until he signs, right, I really really is no joke, right, I have a question, Yes, what other veteran quarterbacks are out there right now?
Speaker 1: Outside of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Okay, Russell Wilson to go back. I think Russell Wilson's is visiting the New York Giants in the Cleveland Browns. If I'm not mistaken. Outside of Russell Wilson, who else is out there?
Speaker 2: Or is that it? I think that's pretty much it? Oh Yoe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean cousins.
Speaker 3: It seems like Cousins could be available of ther trade, but nobody trading because he got that money guaranteed. Now y'all releasing, y'all play that money and then we'll figure up at minimum.
Speaker 2: I see, I got you, But I ain't trying to. I ain't trying to.
Speaker 3: I ain't trying to take on somebody that got guaranteed money. I ain't trying to tell you I ain't trying to pay that h y'all, Hey, I'm not. I'm not finna bail you guys out for your bad decision.
Speaker 2: You made that decision, he said. I told you, Oh Joe, last.
Speaker 1: Year, I said, Oh Joe, he doesn't make sense. I said at his absolute best.
Speaker 2: He's got two years.
Speaker 3: I said, Oh Joe, if you sign him and he got one, you stunk, Yeah, you stunk, like with a band song on an elevator, and damn you got to go to the top and the top of the every floor in between. I chat, y'all know what said? I said, Oh Joe, I said, I get. I get what you're said. Oh Joe, is till the or the young guy comes along? I said, but oh Joe, yeah, pay this kind of money and could potentially only be a.
Speaker 2: One year deal.
Speaker 3: You got one hundred million fully guaranteed on one hundred and eighty million dollar contract, and lo and behold, he really didn't make it through the whole year, right.
Speaker 1: I just I just you know, I'm like, man, that's crazy. Well, listen, Aaron Rodgers is in a good place. He's in a good place.
Speaker 2: Oh, James Wist is available also, Okay.
Speaker 1: I can see that. I can see the move. I can see I can see that move. I can see that.
Speaker 2: What about Flack Oh isn't Flaco available?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: Flacko's available two?
Speaker 3: Because Flac Flaco was in Indy last year and if he was still there, there would be no need to sign Daniel Jones, and they signed Daniel Jones probably let it gives me the indication that Flacco is also a Friedger.
Speaker 2: Could Flaco circle back and be in Cleveland? Sure? I like that. Could he be a play? Could he be a play in? Uh? The Giants?
Speaker 1: That's crazy, man, now that I think about it. I'm trying to figure out who fits, who fits what and who fits where. But listen, we've.
Speaker 2: Got Garden you just got released. Also yep.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, man, listen with DK and with DK and Pickens. But you could you you you get you get a.
Speaker 2: Gun slinging there?
Speaker 1: Well, you can you can? You can make some magic bron They let not j Harris go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he signed with the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Okay, he did with the charge.
Speaker 1: Mike Williams just signed back with the Charges too, on a one.
Speaker 2: Year did it he went back? Yeah? OK.
Speaker 3: But if you think about it, if you go back and look at Karen uh uh uh Pittsburgh, then last first riders they haven't gotten a second contract. All the first riders they declined the fifth year option. I think it's like the last four I saw. I saw this in the paper today.
Speaker 1: He ain't paying paying out.
Speaker 2: Huh uh I think Bush.
Speaker 3: You remember Bush, the linebacker they got thank you from Michigan if dad played at Florida State.
Speaker 1: Devin not Devin Devin Bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think that might have been as dead. That might have been him though, but you know they they decline is fifty option. So yes, Ash, I read the newspaper today. I gotta I got the USA today at the hotel. I got the USA today at the hotel today. So that's George said the same thing. Oh you read newspapers with damn you make it seems like I can't read or something. I can look at the picture of the fuller. Uh, but yeah, it was. Uh, it's gonna be it's gonna be interested to see. I'm ready to see what he's saying. I'm ready to see as this this uh, with this legal hampering period. We kind of got an indication before because you know what I'm saying, such and such going on, but now we kind of know. So now now we just you shift your focus, like, okay, draft, who's going where, what's gonna be doing? It's gonna be any more moves, if they are there, any more moves to be made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited. I'm excited for that draft. What you got? What you got one, two and three?
Speaker 2: What you think? Honestly, o Cho, this might be the I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I mean, people say a dual Carter, people say cam the only I mean, I mean people have kind of like cooled. I mean now, I mean, I see I see reports. Uh, your door might slide out of the top ten. He might slide down, way down. He might even slide out of.
Speaker 2: The first mind.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, damn, I just don't what I don't understand on yoe, How can a guy move up or down and the guy ain't played but ain't played football in three months?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. It's all on It's all on teams needs and then the needs of the team that are picking in the first five. They need a quarterback. There's more than one of the more than three teams in the first five or six picks that need quarterbacks. They're not gonna play that game. Just how to f fight, just out of Spie. You know they're not gonna play their game. The volume