Speaker 1: Hey, discos, need a little more Disgraceland in your life, just to touch to get you through. Yeah, me too. This is the podcast that comes after the podcast. Welcome to Disgraceland, the after Party. Welcome to the Disgraceland bonus episode, a little thing we like to call the after party. This is the show after the show, the party after the party, the bridge to get you from one full episode of Disgraceland to the other, the backyard to dig into the dirt. On this bonus episode, we are talking about this week's full episode subject on York. We are previewing the coming episode on the Who and the Riverfront Coliseum disaster, talking I'm so obsessed with you, Blues, and we go through your voicemails, text DMS emails and as always, a whole lot of rosie. Al Right, this goes, let's get into it. So Ricardo Lopez was obsessed with York and nearly killed her, as we just heard in this week's full episode. Mark David Chapman was obsessed with John Lennon and did indeed kill the coolest Beatle. Nathan Gale was obsessed with Pantera, and he shot and murdered their guitar player dined by Daryl when Dyne was on stage with his other band, Damage Plan. Coincidentally on the same date that John Lennon was murdered December eighth, also the same day that Jim Marson was born. Anyways, this theme of obsession got me thinking about musicians and their obsession, so flipping it. So these everything I just talked about was about fans being obsessed with rockstars. This is about musicians who are who themselves are obsessed. Okay, And I thought about how obsessed Kurt Cobaine was with Courtney Love. It's something that I don't think gets enough coverage, but I found it when I was researching Nirvana. For the two episodes that we did in Nirvana, you could see it's clear as day the dude was obsessed with her. And there's a lot of his writings that depict his obsession. So some people would ask, was Kurt even obsessed with Courtney? And the answer I think is absolutely yes he was. Here's an example in one journal entry of Kurtz, he writes about Courtney Courtney, this is a quote, Courtney, when you're not around, I literally can't breathe, I can't think. I feel like a lost child looking for its mother in a department store. I ache for you. I need you so fucking bad it scares me. I want to crawl inside your body and live there now. Of course, Kurt Cobain was a total mess when he died, aside from his relationship with Courtney Love that depending on who you talk to, will be described to you as being toxic or damaged at the time or it's hard to depict that relationship without negativity there at the end. And Kurt was of course depressed and heavily addicted to drugs and had been for some time, and that means, you know, his brains were kind of like oatmeal. But all that said, I often think what would have happened if Kirk Cobain didn't kill himself. How would it have gone for Kurt? And in this context, I'm thinking how would his obsession with Courtney Love have played out, not just in his relationship but in his career. I have thoughts, none of them are good, But I want to keep going down this obsession rabbit hole with you guys. And where the Nirvana, where the Kirk cobeine of it all led me? There aren't any Nirvana songs that I can think of the deal with the type of obsession that we're talking about. Maybe there were I didn't really research. I was just thinking off the top of my head, but it could be thinking, what are some of the other tunes of some other songs of obsession from artists that are bordering on the creepy okay? Songs of obsession that are bordering on the creepy okay? Well, speaking of John Lennon, there's Run for Your Life with it's I'd rather see you dead, little girl than to be with another man now. John Lennon later said, of course, that he regretted writing that song, and I always saw the song as sort of a product of the times. And if you're going to indict anyone here, I'm not letting John Lennon completely off the hook, but you got to indict the times. Okay. John said he regretted it. He always said he regretted that song. And again, I think it's more about the time that the songwriter was working in more than it is an actual statement about a woman that the songwriter was thinking about. And again I'm not excusing John Lennon. I'm not excusing it, but we got to take a new context the era that lyric I'd rather see you dead little girls than to be with another man. It is hardly I want to fuck you like an Animal by Trent and Resnor, which I'm not sure if obsession was on Trend's mind when he wrote that lyric or not, but one could sure as hell make the case. I love that song, by the way, but you know, taken literally kind of fucked up. Also, I'm pretty sure Marilyn Manson claims that he wrote that lyric, that he gave Trent that idea. That's a whole other wormhole. But let's stay in the creepy obsession song wormhole for a minute. Okay, And thinking about this, I came a I don't know why, but Sarah McLaughlin just she cracks me up.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: She's like the most self serious, least funny person out there. Although she was in an episode of PORTLANDBIA, so I gotta give her some credit. But anyway, Sarah mclochlin, check this out. This is so fucked up. Sarah maclachlin had a super fan, an obsessed fan, a computer programming fan from Canada. Okay, so I'm assuming a nerd and he wrote her all these creepy letters, very very disturbing stuff. Sarah McLachlin then took some of the Stalker's own words from those letters and used them in a song that she wrote about obsession called Session the Stalker. This is where it gets weird. The Stalker then sued Sarah McLachlan for plagiarizing his words, which she admitted she had done that. She didn't admit plagiarism, but she admitted she used the words. Wasn't like she was plagiarizing on purpose, trying to pass it off as her own work, you know, to kind of get by on people. She was blurring her life with her art in a pretty awesome way, I would say, and also obviously very creepy in a good way. But to make the story even weirder, the case that was brought by the Stalker against Sarah McLaughlin was never resolved because the stalker killed himself. Super Dark, Super dark, Sarah McLaughlin Dark the music's dark too, or shit's dark really is for somebody so innocent looking. By the way, there's a fantastic video going around the internet of these two do at this at a karaoke club and they get up to sing whatever song Sarah McLaughlin uses in that commercial she does with the dogs that she's trying to save, where the dogs are all in cages and the dogs are all beat to shit, and you know, she's this is her charity, this is the thing she's doing, and I'm not making fun of it. It's a great thing that she's doing, whatever this foundation is. But we've all seen this commercial, I think, and you know, Sarah, in addition to the images of the dogs which are truly horrific, Sarah McLaughlin a very obviously self serious kind of way, is given the vo on the trauma of these dogs are facing and why people need to send their money to this foundation. So back to this video that's going around the internet, which is hysterical. These two dudes are at a karaoke bar and they get up and they choose this song and one dude is singing the Sarah McLachlin part, and the other dude is reading the vo from the commercial about the dogs and the reaction on the people's face in the carryo it's this fucking priceis It's so good? Google?
Speaker 3: That? All right?
Speaker 1: What other songs? What other creepy obsession songs are there, inspired here by Buorick and Ricardo Lopez, their Stan of course, by your favorite and mine apparently Eminem. We all know that song, so I'm not going to go into it here. There's a ton of these that we know about one way or another by Blondie, which those lyrics deserve another look. Okay, check those out. Another listen Every Breath You Take by the Police. That's not even worth mentioning, it's so overplayed. But check out Tom Jones is Delilah all right? Where the pov from the singer and the song is about murdering a woman for literally murdering a woman for being with someone else, Tom Jones, I didn't know you had it? Inya one more here, okay, And this is this is a great song with or without the obsession context. Here Frankie tear Drop by Suicide. Great, great, great song and super creepy. Now it's it's more of a modern murder ballad. Then it is a song about obsession, but it's got a lot of obsession in it, and it's just damn good. And if you don't know the song, it is a great introduction into one of the coolest bands to ever do, a band who influenced everyone from Bruce Springsteen to Radiohead. Okay, actually this is reminded me of one more song about obsession. I mentioned murder ballad, So Knoxville Girl by Louvin Brothers is a murder ballad and it is clearly about obsession. Lots of versions of Knoxville Girl, including one by the Lemonheads, but the Luvin Brothers is the best version. Knoxville Girl might be the song that got me into country music and superstoke my love for music and crime. It's the story of one man being obsessed with a woman and not being able to deal in Well. I don't want to spoil it for you, but go check it out. Go listen to Knoxville Girl and listen to the Louvin Brothers version of it. All right, l ou Vin Luvin And speaking of the Lemonheads, their new single it's really fucking good. It's called Deep End. Jam Ascus and Juliana Hatfield are on the track and it rocks. It's fantastic. Can't wait for the full album. Dando bring it all right. Thank you b Yorke for sending us down this obsession rabbit hole. Check out the Buyorick episode if you haven't already released it just this week. Also this week, we've got our Rewind episode coming up next right after this episode, and that's on Amy Winehouse speaking of obsession, Blake Fielder, Much Amy. And then next week we've got our new episode on the Who coming No Obsession here. This is a part two of sorts. It's a continuation of the Who story that we started a while ago that's centered around Keith Moon. Part two episode deals with the Riverfront Colisseum tragedy, commonly referred to by mistake as a stampede. It was not a stampede. You have to listen to hear what I'm talking about and hear what this actually was. But when you're listening to the Who episode, be thinking about all the tragedies that we've talked about from rock and roll history. We've talked about a lot of them, and let me know or anyone can be any rock and roll tragedy even once we haven't talked about, And let me know if the Who Riverfront tragedy is the worst rock and roll tragedy and music history, and if not, what is all right? We could do a whole season on this I'm not going to, but it's interesting to talk about because the details are often horrific and just very vivid and great for storytelling. So call me with your answers or text them enemy six one seventy nine oh six six sixty three eight. You might hear your voice and or your answer on next week's Bonus after Party episode. You can also DM me your answers to the question of the Week at Disgrace Lam Pod on the Socials. Man, I got this song on my fucking head right now.
Speaker 2: Gotta he gottah da dada be wa a a do do a d d d do do doom bob da da bab du do do doom ba do do.
Speaker 1: What is that? What is that song? It sounds like a friggin ninety sitcom? What is that? What is that song? I don't hate it, but something tells me I hated it a long time ago. Let me know what I'm thinking about. All right, I gotta take a quick break. I need a drink. Clearly you can probably hear it in my voice and I will be back in a flash with answers to your questions on the Question of the week. Last week regarding Adie Bandy Byorke and we will have your voicemails, your calls, your DMS emails and more.
Speaker 4: I'll be back in a flash.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm back. Listen Apple podcast listeners, do me a favor, all right. Make sure go into the app. Make sure you get auto downloads turned on.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: That's going to ensure that you get all of our episodes delivered. You don't miss anything, all right. Sly Stone died this week. Just a real bummer. Sly Stone was an amazing artist, of course, a revolutionary artist, one of the greatest artists in my estimation, to come out of the so called peace and love generation. Whatever you want to refor to do it as. Sly of course had his demons well documented in our Disgrace and episode. But Sly also shows up in a couple other episodes. Our Woodstock episode, our WHO episode, the first WHO episode. That's because the Sly and the family Stone performance at Woodstock is the best performance at Woodstock. They went on super late and they just completely tore it up, owned the crowd, just incredible. Sly also shows up in one of our Fleetwood Mac episodes. I believe it's the one I believe it's part two when we get into the recording of rumors. If memory serves Lindsey Buckingham, they went up to I believe it's in Salsilito. Is that where sly had a studio, I'm not sure. Somewhere in northern California, and sly had built this pit in the studio where he could lounge and listen to music and record. And there are all these kind of weird little additions to the studio that sly had made that were sort of to I don't know, enhance his state of mind, so to speak. Regardless of disgrace and regardless of anything we do here, of course, sly Stone is one of the greatest to do it ever, and he's left a tremendous legacy of music behind sly Stone Rest in peace. Six one seven nine oh six, six six three eight. Hanging on the telephone with you guys every week. I'm in the phone booth, the same one. It's the one across the hall, hanging on the telephone. You want to send me a voicemail, you want to send me a text us check out Eric, Eric, Eric, where you're at Eric? In the eight oh five, Hey.
Speaker 3: Jay, Eric from uh oh, California, now in Tennessee. Love for your show, just listening to the Marilyn Manson episode Love his first three albums. Knew about his uh accusations and weirdness, But after listening to your episode, Oh my god, oh my god, I don't know if I could listen to his music anymore.
Speaker 1: At uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Uh wow, uh yeah. Eric, sounds like we fucked you up with that Marilyn Manson episode. Um, you know, take some time, take some long baths, you know, clean yourself off, get all that Manson filth Offia. You might be able to come back to the music. Maybe perhaps we shall see. Thanks for the call, Eric, All right, let's check out Chips in the three oh three.
Speaker 3: Yo. This is Chips from the three oh three, your friendly neighborhood janitor scrubbing floors. You're asking about crimey books a few weeks ago. I'm really behind on Bones episodes. I'm trying to catch up right now. But uh, you asked for a few, I only got one. Maybe I've been reading books with my lady just outside on the porch while smoking or et cetera. And The Lovely Bones is a really good book about I mean it's told from the perspective of a dead girl, so it's very existential and kind of crimey. I wouldn't say deeply crimy, but I mean the the whole story revolves around the crime that was committed on her when she died. And it's it's super cool, super emotional, a little bit hampy. Honestly, some parts of it can be like h but it really grips you hold and got a good narrative. Anyway, check it out.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, Chips, Thanks for the call. Appreciate you man, Appreciate you listen to us while out there scrubbing the floor is doing the hard work. I had that job once as a young man, back when I was in a band, so I know the sweat and the elbow grease and yea. I love that we're in your ears while you're working. Someone's recommended this book before The Lovely Bones, and what I love about how you set it up is it's a great what if. You know, it's sort of I heard someone say once that to write a great book you have to start with what if, and it has to be this like really insane thing. What if the dead person told the story of their murder. You know what I mean. It's a good It's it's good. So I'm intrigued, so I appreciate it. Chips six one seven nine or six six six three, You guys want to leave me a voicemail, give me a call. We can talk about anything. We can talk about Marilyn Manson. We can talk about b York. We can talk about the Pittsburgh Pirates, we can talk about the Philadelphia Phillies, which I don't understand why this is coming in, but hey says from the eight oh three here, as a long suffering Phillies fan, I feel your pain with the Red Sox. All right, slow down, long suffering Phillies fan. Did you guys win the World Series a couple of years ago? Aren't you in the playoffs? Like every fricking year. I don't know how the Phillies are doing this year? As bad as the Pirates, probably not as bad as the Red Sox either. They were doing pretty damn good last I checked, which was I don't know three four weeks ago, eight or three. Goes on to recommend some you know some what is it? It's like it's basically like a Red Sox snuff film. It's about Game seven eighty six. I'm good. I'm good eight oh three. My man Ish from the seven eighty to one Massachusetts. Hey, man, it's Ish, hope all as well. Figured i'd share so much intrigue. It's a nineteen seventy nine World champion Pittsburgh Pirates hat. Did you guys hear two after parties ago? For all the Pirates fans out there two after parties ago, I were very astute. Producer Matt Boden At the end of the episode, the very end, after I read the billboard charts, Matt played a little bit of Pirate's history. Now I heard it, and I meant to ask Matt what the hell that was, because I had no idea and that is space and I forgot about it and he brought it up.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: I wonder if any Pirates fans heard that and figured it out, and none of you did. All you guys are sending me in pictures of your hats like Ish here with this nineteen seventy nine World Championships Pittsburgh Pirates T shirt with the pillbox Pirates hat on it, Pictures of Riverfront whatever the hell that stadium is called? Is that what it's called pack Son. What's it called Tupac Stadium, Tupac Shakira Stadium in Pittsburgh. But no one picked up on that little bit of Pirate's history that we had in the after party. For you guys, go back and listen two after parties you go. I believe it's the one, the after party that came right after the Gogs episode nine to two to zero writes in Hey, I saw nine inch Nails Downward Spiral tour with Manson in the Jim Rose Circus. Look into the Jim Row Circus, man, you don't need to tell me to look into the gym Ro circus. I saw the Jim Ro Circus as well. First Lollapalooza. Manson writes about that tour in the book all Right, eight O eight Texan. In regards to this list that we talked about in the bonus section of last week's after Party, we talked about it was the list we found of the worst bands of the nineties. It was a very interesting list for a bunch of reasons, and one of them I don't totally agree with Ata eight here, but eight O Wait is saying, in regard to the worst bands of the nineties. I'll be one to say I like music from all those bands and still listen to this day. This list just reflects how awesome the nineties were. If that's the worst, and that's a damn good point. Shane from the eight one to six where it said, Hey, Jacob Shane from the eight one to six, worst band of the nineties as well as the two thousands and even the eighties is fucking ICP, hands down the worst shit ever. All caps eight one six has really worked up about ICP. I'm assuming ICP is insane clown Posse. Was insane clown posse around in the eighties. We need to do an insane clown Posse episode. That's one of those subjects I'm not very familiar with, and I'm kind of afraid of what the research is going to do to me, but I'm here for it. Six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. You guys want to hit me up on voicemail, on text, hit me about anything you want to talk about, Insane clown Posse, Pittsburgh pirates, true crime, thrillers, novels. All right, Allen rights in and that's a Llyn at disgrace landpod on Instagram. Hey Allen from the six one nine. I've been a Disgrayland fans since the very beginning, turning everyone I know out of your greatness. I grew up in Bakersfield but now live in San Diego. In a while back, I was driving up to visit my parents who still live there, and figured it would be the perfect time to re listen to your Merle Haggard episode. I thought I'd have to dig through the archives, but wouldn't you know, it was that week's rewind episode and there it was, at the top of the Disgraceland feed. I timed it perfectly as I hit play coming out of the mountains on the ninety nine Freeway transition at the base of the Grapevine for the final forty minute stretch. It ended right when I pulled up to their house, which happens to be right next to Merle's old part of town in Oildale. I took a screenshot on my phone to commemorate the and then he includes the screenshot here in the DM and I think that's damn cool, Alan, very cool. Guys. Want to hit me up about where you listen to Disgrace Slam, Go ahead, you can do that on Instagram. You can do that six one seven nine O six six six three eight by voicemail or text. I'm around and I'm looking forward to talking. What I don't want to talk about, though, is the Red Sox. But I gotta do it. Just a little Matt, give you that, give me the ticker. Here comes, here comes, it comes to sports ran a little thirty second sports rant. Now, listen, the Red Sox took two out of three from the Yankees. This is just to tease people. This isn't real. This is a sugar high. This is They're not a good team. Okay, as much as it pains me to say that, they're not a good team. And you know how I know that because Raffie Devers is still on the team. And you know why I'm saying that because I don't like Raffi Devers. I think the guy, you know, I know, he hit a monster shot against the Yankees, home run, but you know what, he hit it after he dogged it to first base. He could have run that out. He could have easily had a hit. But no, no, it's just it's indicative of his overall selfish, bullshit play. If the guy would just fucking play first base. So many of our problems would be solved. That's it, Bud. He won't and we're screwed because we don't have good leadership. And what can I say, the Red Sox, it's like the nineteen eighties now worse than that early nineties. That's what we're dealing with here. It's a bunch of bullshit. It's got to change. Help me change it. Don't make me a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, please please. I'm rooting for the Mets. I'm putting all my energy in a rooting for the Mets right now. I say that, but I'm not. I haven't watched a Mets game since the last time we talked. But I don't know, man, I don't the Red Sox. All Right, I gotta stop talking. I'll be back in the flash with your talking to your emails and a little bit of a Hollywood man.
Speaker 4: All Right, we are back, and you know what time it is.
Speaker 1: It's time for the hollywood Land Minute, brought to you by the Hollywood Land Podcast. Yes, exciting news. I know I brought to you last week, but I'm gonna bring it to you again this week because I'm getting the message out. Okay, I'm staying on message. We added bonus episodes to Hollywood Land the Rap Party, and they're not the same as the after Party. These are different. This is me and My Man's Death sitting there every week chopping it up, talking about that episode, but also talking about our recommendations, what we're getting into as it relates to that hollywood Land subject. This week we got into John Belushi. Now, if you don't know what hollywood Land is, it's Hollywood and true crime. It's very similar to Disgraceland. I host the shows. The bonus episodes, however, are co hosted, like I just said by myself in My Man's Death. We have a ton of episodes in the archive, episodes on Drew Barrymore, John Waters, David Lynch, Jack Nicholson. Just this week we got our John Belushi episode in the feed. Check that out. We're gonna have a new bonus episode coming up. We're talking about I'm talking about anyways, music that John Belushi inspired me to listen to. Zeth goes into a bunch of sort of great big Man comics and big Man stars from the past, and we get into the Blushi episode as well. Check this out go subscribe to Hollywood Land if you're not already, here's a little taste of what I'm talking about. We may or may not know. I don't know how many of you know this, but in the early eighties, Fear, the punk band, played on SML. Right, Zeth, you're well aware of this. Oh yeah, and Belushi was responsible for getting Fear the gig and complete mayhem erupted when they played. All these kids started slam dancing. Now you gotta think, this is like Zeth. What year is this, like eighty one something like that, so early. Yeah, of your TV viewing audience at home and never seen shit like that before, So I thought I would, you know, for those of you who are interested in hardcore, this is a great introduction Visa v John Belushi. And there's if you want to hear some of the music made by the kids in that crowd, the New York harcore compilation on Revelation Records that came out and I believe nineteen eighty nine, perhaps eighty eight. It's called Where the Wild Things Are. It's a New York hardcore comp grab that. There's also this book Zeth. You can see if it's a book of photographs. If you're interested in the DC hardcore end of the spectrum, this is called bandon DC Photos and anecdotes from the DC Punk Underground nineteen seventy ninety eighty five. But these photos are amazing at HR from the bad brains there on the pod, Cole, a bunch of these kids. We're in the SNL audience, rubbing shoulders up with John Belushi. All right, there you go. That's a little bit of Hollywood. I go subscribe to the Hollywood Lamp podcast wherever you get podcasts, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, whichever app you're into. iHeart Amazon, Wondering, go get it. As you just heard there, we had a little bit of the recommendations I love the recommendations piece. I love talking Rex. You guys, give me your Rex. Gonna be doing a little bit more of that in the bonus section of this episode. This here after Party, you're gonna be talking about books, little film, little little film, little TV. Gonna get into it. I'm psyched. But if you're not a Disgraceland All Access member, you're going to miss out on this. So those of you who don't know, five bucks a month you get all Access membership you get a little bit more of the bonus episode. Here, you get ad free listening to every episode, including the hollywood Land episodes. Now you're also going to get one additional full episode per month. Go to disgrace lampod dot com slash membership to hook that up. Guys, hit me up Disgrace lampod at gmail dot com. Let me know what you think about anything, Hollywoodland, Disgraceland books, you're reading, music, you're listening to where you're listening to Disgraceland. I love those conversations. Disgrace lampod at gmail dot com. This email comes from Alphie mctigue, subject niche punk bands under the Radar. Hi there, I'm Alfie here in England, borne Mouth. I know I'm not pronouncing that correctly. It's spelled b o u r n E m o u t h. I apologize for butchering the name of the town you're from, Alfie. Alfie goes on to say live here in England specifically, and was curious to whether you could look into some bands that have fallen into some obscurity over the years, the Mighty Muddy Bostones, Agent Orange and Sloppy Seconds. I know the Bostones are very well known in the US, but not so much in the UK. Well, I'm from Boston there, Alfi, so they're, you know, very well known to me. I've know some of those guys. I'm friends with a couple of them. I first saw the Mighty Mighty Bostones play Alfie when I was sixteen years old at the Worcester Artist Group. My band cast Iron Hike was lucky enough to play with the Bostones numerous times. I even had another band, I think when I was in a band called the Whitey Bulgers, or maybe it was a confidence man. I think we played with the Bostones as well. Just the best fucking dudes. No crimes there though, so I don't know. I don't think there's a Bostones episode coming anytime soon, but I'm happy to talk to you about them on the side here. You want to keep emailing me Agent Orange and Sloppy Seconds, I don't know much about but I will check into it. And if you, Alfie, know of any crimes related to those two bands you want me to look into, that can kind of write a story around. Hit me back up. Disgrace Lampod at gmail dot com. Guys, this episode is nearing an end, but as I said earlier, the after party continues for all Access members five bucks a month. You're gonna get this extra bonus section of the after Party, you're gonna get ad for you listening, and you're gonna get one extra full episode per month. Go to disgrace lampod dot com slash membership. All right, we are back listen tons of episodes in the archive Disgraceland Disco's the heads know this, but the new listeners we get over two hundred and thirty five episodes, full episodes for you to binge to check out on so many different artists. I usually recap here at the end of the show. I mentioned just sort of bring attention to some of the artists we've talked about already in this episode, and if we've done episodes on them in the past, and we have, there's a whole bunch a couple of them. Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana. We got two episodes on Nirvana. We've got a great episode on Pantera. There's a Blondie episode. No suicide episode yet, but maybe someday there will be. All right, let's recap. I got a lot to do today. Still I'm leaving them arow. I'm going a little vacation, recording this episode a little early. It's still gonna pack tonight. I gotta record a bunch of ads and I'm gonna try to get a swim in too, so damn I get a boogie. So let's recap number one. My other podcast, hollywood Land. It's alive and it is kicking hard over in the Hollywoodland Feed. So make sure you are subscribed and following Hollywoodland and Apple Podcast, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts, and check out our recent hollywood Land episode on John Belushi and also don't sleep on the Wrap Party me and Zeth chopping it up over the number two right now on your disgrace Land Feed, our very latest brand new our episode on b York number three coming tomorrow, our Rewind episode on Amy Winehouse, and next Tuesday, our part two on the Who. This one gets into the Riverfront Colisseum Tragedy number four merch Winners getting touched. You know you're shit. I forgot to read the reviews this week.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 1: I can't go back now, I can't, I can't, I shan't, I shunt I fucked it up. Merch winners. There are none of the There are none of you this week. Oh well, we'll do it next week, all right. Leave a review for Disgraceland on Apple Podcasts, Spotify wherever number five. Remember, no one cares about preserving the true spirit of rock and roll more than you do. And well that's a disgrace. All right, and honor this week's subject, B York. This is me reading you the Billboard charts from the day B York was born on November twelfth, nineteen sixty five. Number one, Get off of my Cloud. The Rolling Stones last week one, peak position one weeks on chart six, number two. A Lover's Concerto The Toys last week to peak position two weeks on chart number three one two three Len Barrits last week eight, peak position three weeks weeks on chart three eighty two, number number four. Then You're the one. The Vogues last position six, peak position four weeks on chart weeks one, number five. I hear a symphon the Supremes last peak position. Quit talking and start mixing.