Speaker 1: Welcome in. We'll driving the great Episode four fifteen. This episode has always is presented to you by our great friends at boost Mobile. We are on the precipice of my favorite sports weekend of the year, NFL Divisional Round weekend, typically four absolutely unbelievable games. Usually you have at least six of the best eight teams in the league over the course of the season playing this weekend. This year, one could argue you have all eight of the eight best teams in the league playing this weekend, with the one exception being my Jags not making it. But I don't know who you'd put them over, the Bills who just beat them, the Texans, maybe the Niners in their current form. Whatever it is. Basically, all the right teams are playing and I can't wait to get to it. We also have coaching news from overnight and from since we last talk, so let's get right to it. We'll go to straight the voicemail brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. Anthony Davis evidently out weeks and not months with a hand injury, not gonna have surgery. Yanna's booed by the Bucks fans, and then greats back that you're saying the fans.
Speaker 2: Are ungrateful, grateful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's here's the thing on that quickly, I don't I know Yannis took it as if they were booing him. I don't think they were booing him. I think they were booing the twenty twenty six Milwaukee Bucks. And I think that part of their frustration is that that team can be that bad despite having Yannis. But it sure seems like that relationship has run or is, you know, run its course, and that it could be the best for all parties to move on. But that was a I didn't like any of that. Yan looked really sad on the bench, and then afterwards he was like, I always boo when I get booed, but those are road games, Like I don't know. Also, just now, Jonathan Kaminga demanded a trade. That's he's never been happy there. And the really cool one point Slam sixty four person tennis tournament winner gets a million bucks. They played one point each game and an amateur ended up winning the whole thing. He beat Center in the round of sixteen because Center faulted, and then beat a young lady when she hit it out on in the championship. He won a million bucks. I actually watched that. It was pretty sick. Demons, how are.
Speaker 2: You, Cinema. I'm good. I'm doing pretty good this morning.
Speaker 1: No complaints right after you, either on the air or off the air. Last recording mentioned some stupid Twitter meme about like four pictures one picture or whatever, and all of us were like, we don't We weren't really familiar with what you were talking about. And you said, well, maybe this I'm showing my own immaturity or something. This is my algorithm. Yeah, the White House did one, so I don't know. Man, We're just living in the dumbest timeline. Reminder, everybody like rate, subscribe review to the show again, the thumbs up, the hitting the bells on YouTube is helpful, get leaving us a nice review. We appreciate that. But what literally pays the bills are the subscriptions. And the cool thing about the subscriptions to this is it's totally free. So if you would subscribe on YouTube, it would be greatly appreciated. Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify, it would be greatly appreciated. All right, let's get to the overnight news of John Harball going to the Giants.
Speaker 2: John Harbaugh agreed to go to the Giants last night, and a little bit before that, and shortly after our last show, Tomlin had stepped down as the Steelers coach. We'll talk about that in a little moment, But what do you think about Harble going over to the Giants.
Speaker 1: I I don't say this often, but I totally agree with Dan Orlovsky. This is the best thing to happen to the Giants since they won the Super Bowl. They sincerely there are There are two things now. There are three things that really matter in the NFL to being a perennial contender and avoiding being a perennial laughing stock. The first one is avoid having atrocious ownership. So the Giant Stadium mates the Jets, they just have atrocious ownership that will always be in their way. I think the Browns have atrocious ownership that will always be in their way. The Giants have had one of those three kind of benchmarks down and they have good to very good ownership in the Maras. The second thing you need is a legitimate, true professional head coach. They now have that for the first time since Tom Coughlin. Obviously the third leg of that stool. If you will is the quarterback. I don't think they have that, but maybe they do, and if not, you'll see how you can paper it together while you try to find the quarterback. But if ownership will stay out of the way and you have a legitimate head coach, once you have the quarterback in place, you can instantly contend. The Bears and Patriots are showing you that right now. That and I've said this before, I will say it again. If you have the right coach and the right quarterback, the rebuild is somewhat instant. And if you have had the same coaching quarterback for two years, not four years, not six years, two years, and the team is not competing at the very least where playoffs are the expectation, then you don't have the right coach or you don't have the right quarterback. There are no instances of awesome coach, awesome quarterback, but it took us four years to get it together. That flatly doesn't happen. And so the Giants got the best coach that was truly available. And I say that because I don't think Tomlin is truly available. I think Tomlin's going to take a year off and survey the landscape because none of these jobs are great jobs. I ranked him on the TV show yesterday, but nine to one the way I had it. Let me pull up my exact list. Number nine was the Browns because of that ownership problem, because of the cap issues created by the Watson contract, and because they don't have a quarterback. Number eight is the Titans. To me, now, if you love cam Ward, then that job moves up the list. But even if you love cam Ward, they only have one other player on the roster you could love in Jeff Simmons. And ever since Amy Adams Strunk took over, they have just been a revolving door of front offices. They move off for abel that it's been a disaster. Number seven's the Dolphins, again no quarterback. They have not had a head coach there since Don Shula, lasts longer than four years, and they're in a rough cap position. The Cardinals I put it six because I think it's a very tough division and they don't have the quarterback. The Falcons are an interesting one, super soft division have won seven or eight games each of the last in seven of the eight last years. They do have some talent, and I don't think Blank's a terrible owner, so that you know it makes that a decent job. I put the Giants at four. They've got money, They've got a D line, they might have a quarterback. I'm skeptical, but that also is a I think not the hardest division. The Raiders. I put a three purely because I think if you believe in Mendoza, that number one pick plus the fact that, uh, you have a ton of money to spend makes that somewhat attractive. But that to me feels like a better job for a young, offensive minded guy that wants to grow with Mendoza than sixty two year old John Harbaugh. Now the flip side of that is, well, the Raiders don't mind paying coaches. The Raiders since Art Shell, which was nineteen ninety four. In the last thirty years, they have had two head coaches get more than three get at least three years, Jack del Rio and John Gruden twice, and they have had a dozen other coaches get less than three years. So they will that Hamster will will spin. And then the Steelers two Ravens one. Obviously Harball wasn't going to the Ravens. The Steelers, I think that they were not going to hire a coach his age, and because they want that coach to be there for fifteen some years ideally, And so I I think Giants are a great job for him. I don't expect a snap contention, but I do think that all of a sudden, the Giants could be a five hundred ish team next year. I think that's a legitimate possibility. And I want to see what Jackson Dart looks like. Don't love Scataboo and Neighbors both coming off major injuries. But this is a great day for Giants fans. Flatly, this is probably the happiest you've been since the Boat Party playoff game against the Packers with Odell and Eli at the end of ELI. And it's the best day for your franchise since you won a Super Bowl. All right, let's talk a little Tomlin here, Demonsey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Reid is now the longest tenured coach over there in camp the city. Do you think that Tomland's potentially waiting to take over Kansas City?
Speaker 1: So here's I don't think that necessarily, but I also don't think that's crazy. So the last head coach of the Steelers was Bill Kauer. Bill Kwer left after fifteen years, went to CBS and for about five consecutive coaching cycles. Demonsey Bill Kauer was the number one candidate, and he never left the job. He's still doing TV on CBS. He just stayed there. I do think it's on the board that Tomlin goes and does TV and never stops. And it's like, I can make I'm not making coaching money doing this. I mean, he was making twenty five million dollars a year reportedly from the Steelers, but I'm making millions and millions of dollars for two percent of the work. I love it. So I think it's on the board. It wouldn't be my bet, but I think it's on the board that Tomlin does not coach again. I think that's possible, okay, And because he's going to have such a great job, he can be and because he's young enough, he can be very choosy. So for Mike Tomlin, my if I had to bet on the next job for Mike Tomlin, my bet would be the Philadelphia Eagles a year from now. I think that the is a job that will come open in the next few years, and that Tomlin that's a that's a great job, so when we're thinking of it. So the reason I don't think the Chiefs thing is a ludicrous idea is because at some point during Patrick's career, Andy's going to retire, and the moment that happens, that becomes one of the greatest job openings of all time. Again, assuming Patrick comes back, well, I mean Andy's older than you think, and so I mean Andy is in two months he turned sixty eight. So you know, again, the reason I think it's not far fetched is because or not insane, is because I could see Tomlin staying in TV for more than one year. Sean Payton stayed for one year and then the Broncos traded a pick to the Saints to get him. If Tomlin comes back in the next two years, his team would have to trade do some type of compensation with the Steelers. I don't think the Steelers, they would throw up too many roadblocks, but I could see. You just got to think about what are great jobs that realistically could come open. The Packers are a very good job, and it looks like Lafleoor's, you know, a little tenuous at the moment. The Eagles I expect to come open the Bills at some point, let's see, let's see how this year goes. And like the though, like McDermott is.
Speaker 2: Is Baltimore, Like I know, we don't have a coach right now, maybe we get a coach.
Speaker 1: Does well, that's the thing. So I mean, I think Baltimore is insane because it's open now. No, I just think because it's open now and he's not Taeo. He's not going there right right now. And so the what I was saying about McDermott is McDermott's kind of on the perma warm seat, and he could end that this year they win the Super Bowl, he'll be the coach there for probably the rest of Allen's career. Zach Taylor and the Bengals. The problem there is, I don't know that that's a good job, even though Joe Burrow is awesome because of ownership and so you just you look around. But my money would be that Mike Tomlin is going to be the coach of the Philadelphia Eagles in a year. That's where I that's where I would put my money. But I don't think. I also, I think there is a chance that in three years he's still doing TV and he come and what pulls him away from that is Andy Reid retiring. I think that's possible, all right, I know you got one more follow up.
Speaker 2: Do you think this eliminates any chance of Rogers coming back or at least at the start of the season for next year.
Speaker 1: He's definitely certainly eliminates any chance of him coming back to the Steelers, certain And I don't think Roger's gonna be a Week one starter for anybody next year. I still think he might play again, but it would be, you know, a mid season edition after an injury. All Right, Before we get to my favorite sports week end of the year, today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Miami's made the National Championship. Hard Rock Stadium is gonna be rocking, And if you're going to the game, hard Rock Bet is giving you a ten dollar bonus bet to get in on the action. If you're watching the game out in Miami, head to the hard Rock Cafe, Miami, Duffies, North Miami Beach, American Social Miami or Batch Brickle. Hard Rock Bet is dropping ten dollars bonus bets there too. You can turn that free ten dollars bonus bet into a big win by placing a same game parlay, or even if you're just watching the game at home. Soon no better place to bet the National Championship than hard Rock Bet because it's Florida's sportsbook and they're going crazy with promos for this one. So if you're late to kickoff, don't worry. Hard Rock Bet is live in game betting, so you're never too late to the action. Find a winner, live bet between snaps and just fuse he taps. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also an extra one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. Even if your team is out of the playoffs, that doesn't mean you have to see on the sidelines between same game barlay's live betting. Can't miss welcome off for a new promos dropping every day. Hard Rock Bet has you covered all postseason along hard Rock Bet, Download the hard rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Payable and bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal Hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. To play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight three three play wise In Indiana. If you or someone you know is a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia. All right, let's talk Rams. Bears, Demons.
Speaker 2: See your MVP Matthew Stafford escaped Carolina last week and now they get to go and play the Spicy Bears who keep getting these improbable wins. Do you think the last week's game was too emotional of a too emotional of output for Chicago Bears and the fans this week to overcome I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, You're fine. I mean I do think there is an element of that game validated their season, and there was such a catharsis from that stadium to come back the way they did, to do it against that team, the hated rival, And I don't I thought the state. I thought the Bears crowd played a real factor in the comeback, and I just don't know that I expect the crowd to be a twelve out of ten again. I also think that the Bears injuries during that game, a banged up defense, losing another linebacker and the left tackle being out, maybe for next year as well, but certainly the rest of this postseason. With a blown ACL, they were already behind the eight ball here and now I listen. I think people know how much I like the Bears, how much I like Caleb, and how impressed I've been with Caleb's late game heroics. But I feel like they're going up against the best team in the NFL, and I I think, Demonse, they are going to need to score forty to win this game. I think the Rams are going to be able to move the ball at will against this Bears defense. I think what you saw Green Bay doing in the first half against the Bears, the Rams are going to be able to do the entirety of the game, and I think Davante Adams now knock some of the rust off in the last game, he will be a bigger factor. Puka is simply unguardable, and if I'm a Bears fan, I am just worried that it is. There are going to be guys running wide open all throughout the game. And like what we saw in that game for the Packers, even in the second half when who was the number six, oh, Kyler Gordon was getting picked on repeatedly. I think that Sean McVeigh is going to a big red circle around Kyler Gordon and hunt him. They probably can. The Rams have enough weapons they can stay away from Jail and Johnson. I don't know that the Bear's pass rush is going to be able to disturb Stafford that much because Stafford was Stafford was you know, pretty somewhere from pretty good to super exceptional in almost any scenario, but he was unbeatable if you didn't get pressure on him. I don't know if they're gonna get pressure on him. And I think this is a really tough game for Chicago. It would be remarkable if they win it. If they win it. They either are then hosting the Niners in a rematch of the forty two thirty eight classic that we saw in Week seventeen, except this one's in Chicago, or they're going to Seattle feeling like we've got the better quarterback. Let's see what the hell happens.
Speaker 2: But if Carolina could score thirty one, they could score forty. Huh.
Speaker 1: I actually don't think so. I think the Panthers game was misleading on the overall quality of that Rams defense. And I also still don't totally understand how the Panthers scored all the points they did. I the I mean, Bryce threw for two sixty, but they only ran for eighty, and it it was just good.
Speaker 2: They scored that, literally, that exact same amount of point. It's the last time they played them, so I mean there's something.
Speaker 1: And the Rams. The Rams defense, after starting the year off great, gave up thirty one to the Panthers, twenty to the Cardinals, twenty seven of the Falcons, thirty eight, and overtime to the Seahawks, thirty four to the Lions. As you mentioned, thirty one a couple weeks before that to the Panthers. The first time I think the Rams pass rush is going to have more of an impact in this game with that injury to the Bears starting left tackle again, I think kalab will play well. But and again we'll do our pick show tomorrow, but this feels like forty two to twenty seven to me.
Speaker 2: Like I I know, I mean, I do believe the offense is gonna be having for the Rams. I don't think there are too many problems.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, I just don't. I don't know how the Bears shut him is slow him down? Forget shut him down, slowhim down. This would be a to me, a remarkably impressive win. And the only way the Bears win that I can see is if Caleb plays the best game he's played as a prop. If you get late game Caleb for the entirety of the game, And I think that's just hard. It's a hard ask.
Speaker 2: So you hinted at if Stafford retired out of the NFC this this year, that Caleb would be the best quarterback in the NFC. How important is this head to add matchup in that theory.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that if he were to win this game, some folks would argue he doesn't need Stafford to retire. He's just going into next year the best quarterback. But I and I don't think Stafford's retiring, to be clear, But I right now would rather have Caleb than Dak or Jaden or Jalen Hurts or Jordan Love or Jared Goff or Baker or Purty or Donald. The only guy in the conference that I would rather have as my quarterback is Stafford. And I think that the only hole in Caleb's game right now is accuracy on easy throws, Like that's the one part of his game that is below average at this point. And I'm gonna give him credit that from year one to year two, the biggest thing he needed to improve on was not taking awful sacks, and he fixed it. And then during from the beginning of year two to the end of year two, the biggest thing he needed to improve on was the pre snap operation, getting out of the huddle on time, not having these procedural penalties, and he fixed it. So now the biggest thing he needs to improve is that the accuracy on what I would call simple passes. So I'm going to give him credit that he'll be able to fix that. So I I, you know, I am as bullish as one can be on Caleb, and I think he's just scratching the surface on who he can be. All right, let's talk about the next game.
Speaker 2: Uh, Niners and Seahawks face off of the third time this year with the NFC Championship game on the line. We know San Francisco has been played with injuries and Darnold's teams to tense up in the bright lights. Which one do you think is a bigger liability in this game?
Speaker 1: I think it's the Niners injuries because I just I don't think Donald is going to need to have a huge game. I mean, these two teams have played twice, once in Week one, once in Week eighteen, and the final scores were seventeen thirteen Niners in Week one and thirteen to three Seahawks in Week eighteen. No George Kittle, poor Christian McCaffrey just being run into the ground usage wise, pardon me that Niners defense so incredibly banged up. I think Seattle, as long as Donald doesn't truly melt down. The rest edge is also so substantial for Seattle that you know, getting having the buye versus the Niners playing Sunday a Sunday war into a Saturday game. This has been a ten out of ten brilliant coaching season for Kyle Shanahan. But I feel like the end of the road is this weekend and it would them in back to back weeks, both games essentially without George Kittle. We'll see about Pearce all this week, but last week they didn't have him. Going to the defending champion Eagles and then going to Seattle and getting two wins would be all time stuff for an underman team. And I think Seattle has earned our respect. On their resume is they beat the Jags, they beat the Texans, they beat the Rams, they beat the Panthers, they beat the Niners. Their losses are a two point loss to the Rams, a three point loss to the Bucks, and a four point loss in Week one to the Niners. So two of their three losses they played that team again later in the year and beat them. That Rams loss, Darnold had five turnovers and they were still right there. Or four turnovers, I'm not sure. And I just think that Seattle is too well rounded of a team, too healthy and too rested to lose this game. All right, What are your follow ups here?
Speaker 2: Did the committee hesitate or struggle at all to put a team with a shaky quarterback atop the tiers? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, Seattle has earned the right to be considered the best team in football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if.
Speaker 1: They play the Rams, I'll pick the Rams, and if they play the Bills, I'll pick the Bills. I mean, so, I see Seattle has earned the respect that they get that that spot atop you know, everybody's power rankings. But when push comes to shove, I'm not gonna there is a level of trust I'm just not gonna be able to have in a Donald Stafford playoff matchup or a Donald Josh Allen Super Bowl matchup? What else you got here?
Speaker 2: So, Party, it sounds like you've kind of been changing your tone a little bit on your thoughts on him. If he goes and balls out against his defense, are you officially ready to give him a new conversation?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I the games and how you play in the games have to matter. And even though Party had those you know, one really bad and one kind of bad pick against Philly, I thought, all things considered, that was an impressive, gutsy performance by him. If he follows that up and plays well and they beat the Seahawks, then of course then I have to I mean, I can't have.
Speaker 2: Where is he like top five?
Speaker 1: He would I don't know. I don't know, but I do know that I have been impressed impressed with how he played that Seahawks game, not at the end of the season, notwithstanding down the stretch of the season that Seahawks game, it was a rough one for him in nineteen or twenty seven for a buck twenty five and through the pick at the end, But I really liked his overall performance in that Eagles game, even though that pick near the end was really really bad. I thought the pastor McCaffrey was awesome. I thought his escapability and scrambles were really important. I was impressed by him in that spot. Like the games, particularly playoff games, weigh very heavily in how I feel, and doing it shorthanded and undermanned is wildly impressive. All right, let's talk about the AFC, A.
Speaker 2: Team that you have not believed in whatsoever playing a team that you have believed in through and through throughout the season, the Bills and the Broncos. Are you putting the Broncos on fraud watching this game.
Speaker 1: I don't think the Broncos are frauds. I do think, however, that if they lose this game, there will be a lot of looking through their season with a fine toothed comb and the question being asked, how good were they really? And I think that'll be fair. They are playing a shorthanded Bills team, they are at home, they are healthy, they had the bye, and this Broncos team that they had moments of wildly impressive play, but they also down the stretch of the season, they had one excellent game, the Packers game. They got blown out at home by the Jags. They're tied thirteen thirteen against what was left of the Chiefs. They are a two point conversion from Josh Johnson away or was it Marioda, I don't remember in that game who it was from losing to the Commanders. They beat the Raiders ten to seven. They beat the Texans eighteen fifteen in a game they knocked out CJ. Stroud Jets. Game came down to a potential field goal at the end. They they their holy shit. Look at the Broncos moments this year were the twenty one straight points to come back against Philly back in early October beaten the Cowboys forty four to twenty four. And that Packer game when bow Nicks played out of his mind and they beat the Packers thirty four to twenty six with you know, a late touchdown to ice the game when it was twenty seven to twenty six. It's not that that's not nothing, and the fact that they found ways to win matters. But if they lose to buff Last year they played Buffalo in the playoffs, they started the game up seven nothing, they lost the game thirty one to seven. The Bills, you now have a banged up Bills team. If you are the team, your fans and your coach more on him in a second, have sworn you are all year, you'll win this game. I have major doubts about it. And if they don't win this game, win there. I had this U Sorry, let me pull it up real quick. When you add the one seed and you add all of these things kind of working for you and next year, demonse. The Denver Broncos play in no particular order, the Bills, the Rams, the Seahawks obviously, the Chiefs twice, the Chargers twice, the Niners, the Jags, the Panthers, the which I get are a playoff team, not a great team. Of the playoff team. The Steelers, I'm leaving some. I left out one of their tough games.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean I think that.
Speaker 1: Life can come like, yeah, life can come at you fast. Now the and oh the oh I left The Patriots are another one, and so big difference in how we'll view the Broncos if they win this game and losing the conference championship game, Sir, obviously, anything past that make the super Bowl, win the super Bowl. It's a thirty out of ten great season, but just winning the one playoff game, getting that the getting that monkey off your back is so important. And Sean Payton's been writing checks all year and up to an including this week when he was a total jerk to that reporter for asking about dra Greenlaw coming back for no reason whatsoever. I don't. I mean, a reporter asked him about dra Greenlaw attacking Downhill in the run game, and Trumpeton's like, what do you know about attacking downhill in the run game? You don't know anything about that. He's just when he feels like he's in the catbird seat, he doesn't appear to treat people that well and you win this game. You've been talking all year about this team being a super Bowl caliber. Last year you said, had you not gotten curb stomped by the Bills, you thought you were gonna beat the Chiefs, the team that then went to the Super Bowl. You now have them in your building and you're rested, and the Bills have three receivers left. So we'll see again the Pick show tomorrow, but I'm leaning strongly Buffalo, and we'll talk more about the Bills side of things in tomorrow's show. Are you thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen pro design to be the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about traffic on your way to the store, transferring all your data, the hassle of all that. Good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your homer work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassled. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boostmobile dot Com. Terms do apply, all right, last game demand before we play game the producers put together and get some of the questions from earlier in the week go ahead.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, So we saw Drake May struggle a little bit against the charges of the big thing on them was their strength to schedule, and they haven't played anybody, and they played somebody, they struggle a little bit. So the challenge gets a little bit harder this week in Houston, and they have that hilatious defense coming at them. So how are you feeling about New England going up against Houston this weekend?
Speaker 1: Listen, I think that Houston defense has a chance to carry them all the way to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That Houston offense is so inconsistent it allows eat as bad as the Steelers offense was on Monday Night. That game seven to six entering the fourth quarter, It's ten to six before the strip sack touchdown. The Houston earlier this year forced Josh Allen into one of the worst games of his career and dominated the Bills. And despite that, with let me twenty five seconds left or with you no more than that, with I'm looking at it right now, with forty seconds left, the Bills have the ball at Houston's down four points, meaning even though the Texans played basically as well as you can play defensively, the Bills had a chance to steal the game. It's just such a hard way to do business when your path to winning these games is our defense is going to carry us. And while we have seen teams do it, I the games feel like they are gonna consistently be in the balance at the end the face.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The most famous example of a team's defense in the modern Ish era carrying them to the Super Bowls the two thousand Ravens. That two thousand Ravens team allowed twenty three points total in four playoff games. They won their four playoff games twenty one to three, twenty four to ten, sixteen to three, and the Super Bowl thirty four to seven, Demons. And that seven, by the way, was a kick return. So it's not even it's it's not even that. So I said they allowed twenty three, they really allowed sixteen, And so the what are the other instances that I'm gonna pull it up right now? The two thousand and two Bucks would be the other another instance of a team's defense just dominating. That Bucks team allowed six points in Round one, ten points in Round two, and then in the Super Bowl they won forty eight to twenty one, but there were multiple UH defensive so the defense, so that that Bucks defense that allowed twenty one points. Also Demanse had three pick sixes to score twenty one itself in the supermow Wow, and so, and the one other example would be, oh sorry, hold on, just real quick. The one other example would be the twenty The twenty fifteen Broncos UH defense was dominant, but they had Peyton at the helm, and even though Peyton was not really Peyton that year, it was still Peyton manning and it felt like he could at least put the offense in good positions. The twenty thirteen Seahawks are a team that comes to mind, and they might be a better example of kind of what I'm worried about for Houston, that twenty fifteen Seahawks team. They're twenty thirteen as dominant as that defense was. The Niners have the ball down six inside the ten yard line in the final moments of the game, and that's when we got You try to test me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree. That's what you get from Richard Sherman. They were still one pass away. It's just a hard way to do business. And so I also think the Pats, on the other hand, are so much more dangerous now that Drake May got those first playoff game. Jitters kind of out out of the way because you saw him play better in the second half. What was your I interrupted you. What was your question?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I was saying, were you arguing that those defense were more dominant than this Houston's this Houston Texans defense, because I mean it sounds like those scores are pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the two thousand Ravens most dominant defense in forty years, right, I mean that's a that they're in a separate category entirely. So with us described it, I think it might be on par with the Legion of Boom defense. And but the Legion of Boom at least had good Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch and CJ. Stroud's just been so bad.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's still a franchise quarterback or and he just lost his wide receiver? One? Is Nico even playing right?
Speaker 1: I mean, Nico's probably I would be shocked off Nico place. It's weird because Stroud and Josh Allen are the only quarterbacks to both win. They're the only quarterbacks in the league to have won a playoff game each the last three years. But Stroud was bad Monday night. Yeah, his previous playoff victories, he hadn't been bad. He was bad in that one.
Speaker 2: What do you think is on the board with Drake May and a good performance against his defense?
Speaker 1: I mean that would vault him if Drake is I think there are ways for New England to win without Drake being really good, because I think the Texans defense is so shaky or Texans offense, part of me is so shaky. But if Drake lights up this defense, that'll be the performance of the postseason so far. We'll give you our picks on the Picks Show, which comes out tomorrow. But evidently there was a the Olympic ticket draw for LA residents yesterday. To Monsey, explain this to how this worked, and then we'll do this before you get to the listener questions.
Speaker 2: So yesterday LA residents were able to enter into the ticket raffle for the twenty the ticket draw for the twenty twenty eight Olympics. If you get drawn in March in April, you get a you get a shot at buying first tickets. Yeah, you're able to pick from five sports. I picked four sports. You're gonna guess what my sports were, and then you'll take it. And then you'll you'll tell me what I should pick fill my final spot with. And then lastly you'll tell us what you're looking most forward to in the twenty twenty twenty eight Olympics.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you definitely your four two were obvious. You definitely picked basketball, bear, You definitely picked track and field. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: I did not?
Speaker 1: You didn't Track and field should have been the number one? Okay, Well, then that has to be your fifth pick. That's the single best ticket.
Speaker 2: I like tracker field. I just when I was going through and seeing all on the list, there were somems that popped out more to me than others. But but yeah, I did not pick track in the field.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that one that has to be your fifth. I think you might have picked flag football. I did, Okay, I thought you might say flag football. I think you might have picked boxing.
Speaker 2: I thought about that one pretty heavy. I did not pick that one, but yes I would have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you pick three on three basketball? No, I wouldn't either. I think that's smart. This is interesting.
Speaker 2: They got flag football, basketball, and then there's two more.
Speaker 1: Beach volleyball.
Speaker 2: No. I thought about that one too.
Speaker 1: Did you pick any combat sport?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I thought you might have gone taekwondo or judo, skateboarding. No, all right, I'm not gonna get closer to home than what did you pick? One of them was diving. I like diving, and I just think it's so hard and just seeing them pull that type of stuff off. And then lastly, lastly, we got tennis.
Speaker 2: They got tennis.
Speaker 1: No, I love tennis.
Speaker 2: You know all the talk about it throughout the show, I've I've gained a liking to it, you know mevv Djokovic.
Speaker 1: All right, mine, here's what I would not have picked tennis because I can see tennis elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the Olympics. It's not the not the best guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, but the best guys playing all the majors. So I if I could, if so, here's what I would have picked. Track and fields my number one pick with a bullet.
Speaker 2: I mean, because isn't that just like a large umbrella of a bunch of a bunch of stuff. I'm gonna eat there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all the Yeah, but that's the The field stuff is not as fun, but just the track one hundred meter, the four by four, all of it. So i'd pick track and field. I think I would pick water polo, okay, which is awesome. I would pick gymnastics. The two hottest tickets are going to be track and field and gymnastics every time, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And I would pick swimming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't that one. I can't get on the other ones. I do find exciting watching as well.
Speaker 1: Diving not really, but maybe it's because I can't do a regular dive, so I'm not as the impressed by it as you are. But I like stuff that I'm not going to be able to watch elsewhere. So like I would consider rugby boxing is interesting because it's so much purer than than regular boxing. Lacrosse is a great sport, but I can watch that elsewhere. But if you get these tickets to Monsey, I'll buy them, Like if you get selected, but you have to put track and.
Speaker 2: Field crazy, But yeah, no, I'm down for track and field.
Speaker 1: Well, to be clear, I didn't mean I'll buy him and give them to you. But I mean him saying if you get well, maybe maybe I don't know what I'll do, but I'm saying, if you get selected, don't say oh no, I can't afford them. We'll figure it out. Okay, all right, let's get to some of the listener questions from this the it was from Tuesday and then Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, Anaki says, one question from a fan in Spain. Do you think the Bills could beat Denver or Houston with the type of methodical drives they had in Jacksonville? I can't see Shakir with sixty one yards after catch.
Speaker 1: No, I think that against either of those defenses, Josh is gonna have to run a little more. But I also think they wouldn't need twenty seven points to beat either of these defenses.
Speaker 2: All right, Next, Acuity says, if anyone not named Stafford or Allen win the Super Bowl, can we avoid the whole Hurts is the top five quarterback thing again just because he wins the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Listen, I think the I think that Jalen Hurts had legitimately had a claim after last year Super Bowl was top five quarterback. He is a couple of years removed from finishing top three and MVP voting. He was unbelievable in the final two weeks of the playoffs. Last year they won the Super Bowl, like that was Mahomes Allen Lamar Burrow. Hurts was a fine opinion to hold. He then fell some this year obviously, so the like he's you are not like if Bo Nicks wins the Super Bowl, I don't think or Sam Darnold. I don't think people are gonna say that guy defended that guy's top five quarterback. Hurts had a bigger body of work, including a previous Super Bowl appearance. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Khalil asked do you think Houston is scarier now since they won? Like that was CJ playing bad.
Speaker 1: I would feel that way if they if I thought CJ was a about to start playing well. But I just think that's what CJ is going to be doing. Like so no, I don't think they're scarier, all right.
Speaker 2: Next, the lilte Man asked question for Demons when healthy, based on the playoff runs you've seen this far, who's having the more magical year Caleb Williams this year or Jaden Daniels last year? And I'd had to say Jayden Daniels last year.
Speaker 1: I think Jayden last year was more impressive up to this point. And what Caleb's done, what Caleb's doing feels sturdier for me than Jayden. And you know, we'll see and we'll see how much of this for Jaden was just injuries and whether or not he's going to be able to fade those injuries moving forward. All right, let's go to some of the questions from today.
Speaker 2: Curtis asked, out of the remaining playoff teams, who is most likely to miss the playoffs next year? And who do you think could get even better next year?
Speaker 1: Out of the remaining playoff teams. Out of the remaining playoff teams, the team I think is most likely to miss the playoffs next year is Denver. Is that schedule that I just laid out to you. Yeah? And the team that I think get better next year is the Bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, though the Niners should be healthier, but I don't you know, they won twelve games anyway, and so I don't know how much better they'll be, all right, last one?
Speaker 2: And then Scott asked Nick, who goes after Malik Willis Cleveland, Pittsburgh or do you see him elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Not Cleveland. I think Pittsburgh's a possibility. I think Arizona is a possibility. I think that Miami is a possibility. And I think the Jets are probably the favorites for him because now that Dante More is going back to school, I don't know what they're gonna do. All right, Demanse beat me in picks last week. He has been the gambling stage of the show this year. There is teasers crushed, and then in his picks against the spread he went four and two. We will get to our picks from last week and our four picks for my favorite sports weekend of the year in tomorrow's show, which we're about to do right now, So we appreciate everybody listening. Check out the feeds, YouTube, Spotify, iTunes for the pod that will drop tomorrow morning with our divisional weekend picks. Huge. Thank you to Volume and to hard Rock and of course our great spot. I'm sorry Volume in Blue Duck and our great sponsors hard Rock and Boost. Talk to you guys tomorrow for our divisional round pick show. See you then we'll try