Speaker 1: What's up And welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your loaw glasses Malone. That's how we start in Black History month. Out My Man Jobs Intellectually Petty Radio. Make sure y'all check out that if you hear the No Sellers podcast. My Man Jobs here Intellectually Petty Radio. I brought my brother Trap Trap is from New York City, Queens to be specific, when we come to Borough conversation. To double back on the conversation, because I felt like the last time meet Jobs and Pete talked Jobs made me feel like I was the only person that this type of camaraderie happened with to people from different nationalities that came up in the same community. And I'm sure Jobs, you understand that New York has the same things or a level of congruency that happens with different nationalities and different ethnicities that culturally represent the same thing in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: So trap me job, Trap me job. So you had time job to you had time job to, uh to digest our first conversation. Is there any flex at all?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm not asking you the flex on who you allowed to use the N word. That is not what I'm asking. I'm saying, do you have any understanding on exactly what I was saying based off of our prior conversation.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get it, I get the proximity, I get the culture aspect, I get to growing up. I just think that, like I said last time, it's not that part per se. It is the arrogance to feel like all niggas think the same. I don't have that same background you've got. I didn't grow up next to whomever or whoever the people I grew up next to look like me. So my ownership of certain things is completely different culturally in some aspects than yours of my man's in New York, because you'll experience growing up is different. There's certain foods that aren't being transferred between my community and another community. There's certain you know, slang, certain ways that you treat people, you know, certain rules in that particular community. We ain't got that. So I don't feel like I should have to deal with somebody from the community coming to my community and say a nigga.
Speaker 1: No no, I'm not saying again like when we first did the POD, I wasn't trying to convince you to say, hey man, there's a space where you should let somebody of Latino origin call you. Then word that they may not be your w word. I was expressing to you how it happens for me. Trap why do y'all let it's even y'all left? The Latinos in New York said like, what, what's a fair way to even?
Speaker 4: Nah? So, so basically it's I mean, if someone's if someone's raised upon your community with you, you know what I'm saying, y'all, And y'all go through y'all don't been through the same struggles, you know what I'm saying, And and and basically you could look upon them as being you know what I'm saying, your brother or so like that, and y'all using the same language that y'all all using the same language basically, you know what I'm saying. So, so when they when they they not just they're not just looking upon us and calling us you know what I'm saying that and or nothing like that. They're calling you know what I'm saying, that the person who looked like them or or you know what I'm saying, They surrounding everybody's surrounding. It's becomes a part of the language that we all using at that time, you know what I'm saying. So it's it just looked upoint like that though. Really, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, that's that's basically what it is though. Really, But I but I can understand why people people from the outside that's not from the community that we're from, you know what I'm saying, don't speak the same language that we speak, could look at it like, you know, you got that person right there using that using that that that word that that our people have been held back with and been called from all these years and stuff like that. I can understand how somebody that's not from the community looks at looks a point like that though. But but at the same time, I look at it, you know what I'm saying. It's things that I'm gonna look at that they that they do upon their community with their you know what I'm saying, with their surroundings a certain way though too. So I don't knock it though. It's that is.
Speaker 1: When community becomes a real thing and not just this justified time to talk about Black America. When it's when it stopped when it truly becomes community, not so much Black America that's referenced as the black community. Pete, have you digested anything since our first conversation with jobs about this, Have you thought about it at all any thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's still I mean, really it's it to me, is more so just a matter of scale and and what defines the word community and who's doing the defining. It's very subjective in that space.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if it's bluntly speaking, white political interests or just the organic black individuals within Black America, the cells that want to try to lump all of Black America into easy to access group, you know, So like it can be a little bit of that to some of it is maybe one, some of it is maybe the other. It just depends on how each individual wants to go about his day.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I definitely think we hear black community and that's the normal standard. And like I've stopped people from saying that to me. A guy on Twitter said to me weirdly, he was talking about doctor Dre, and doctor Dre was saying how he understood why Kendrick went to the next level in the battle. He said, he's normally about pushing positivity, but he can understand. Once the owl referenced his wife and his child, you know what I mean in a song, and he understood why. He was like yo, adios, like it's off with his head and people. Obviously these are people that are part of the parliament. Again, like I said, a group of owls as a parliament, I mean like like a flock of seagulls or a murder of crows or heard of.
Speaker 3: You know, no doubt we learned something every day. Messing with that, right. I read.
Speaker 1: I read all the time, so I'm sober and I'm reading all the time. Then I send it to peat and humor him.
Speaker 5: I mean on the Serengetti Pride months is really just about the lions there.
Speaker 1: It is there. It is my man when it comes down to it.
Speaker 6: So those sealings, those zealings glasses below executer Bos got my brother jobs again, my brother trap go ahead jobs.
Speaker 2: There. There's there's macro culture and then there's micro culture. But but what I mean by that that there are certain things that I could go to New York right now and hang out with my man, and there will be some things that we would just annoyingly have in common. That would be our macro culture black culture.
Speaker 1: Give me some ideas of black culture every day.
Speaker 2: If I walked into his apartment and I smelled hair burning, I would know exactly what that was. If I walked if I walked in there and I smelled some greens cooking, and I don't even like greens, I would know exactly what that was.
Speaker 1: But you don't. You don't think that we're kind of using something that macro that's probably not macro. Like we're still speaking on specific experiences for some black people, Like greens is not a standard in black people's life, Like that's more of an again, like I said, to be specific, an American slave cultural experience. I'm sure if somebody's family wasn't a part of slavery in his country, I don't know if they ever had greens.
Speaker 7: That's probably small portion than it isn't though.
Speaker 2: That's exactly. Yeah, somebody walk in your house and says, oh, I don't know a black person, I don't know what greens are. I've never heard of that before. You're gonna tell me your antennas don't go up about this particular black person and something right with them. You may not like greens, you may not eat them, but you ain't never heard of no motherfucking greens.
Speaker 1: And you're black. But wouldn't every American probably heard of greens at that point?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You don't think white people heard of greens.
Speaker 2: There are some white people that have. There are white people that love greens.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not. Obviously they're to.
Speaker 2: Utah, and ask the white people in Utah about greens. They don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 5: I think in my generation, and I could that could be speaking to a whole lot of time ignorance. But I feel like a lot of aspects of some of the more insular nuances of black culture got made mainstream.
Speaker 1: I agree, more.
Speaker 7: So in the last twenty years.
Speaker 5: Again, it could be wrong, so that might be a different answer now than it was then.
Speaker 7: But I get the point the sentiment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But what I'm saying to jobs is this goes back into that same thing where we are speaking Macro. He's right, right, like the mo your population are definitely descendants of some level of American slavery at some place. Absolutely, But again it starts to ostracize the people who aren't, And to me, that's where like, I'm careful, that's why I try not to use black cultures in that regard. I get it, most of us that I know are the descendants of some level of the American slave trade.
Speaker 7: And I'll put it this way.
Speaker 5: Let's say to look at and it's an interesting question. I'd like to ask jobs this like, you're, you know, jobs from Detroit. Obviously, so if you were before a massive population shift of black people from the South into Detroit, if you were like just black and from Detroit before then you were never a slave or never a descendant of people who were a slave. You're then culturally going to be engulfed by this massive populationlationships of people to which you would likely assimilate back to the center point culturally over to generations.
Speaker 7: Is that fair?
Speaker 1: But well, so you would have to but hold up jobs, right, you would have to go to excuse me, he was asking you a job. I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Would just agree, yeah, yeah, But I would think.
Speaker 1: If you came from money, there's no reason to assimilate back into poverty because remember greens is still right now, soul food is an expensive thing, right now, you gotta have money of these soul food to be honest, like true, oxtails caused more than steak.
Speaker 4: But now we're keeping it, were keeping it on the on the on the greens thing. They don't they don'e took greens and like they don't made it into something that everybody's experiencing that I'm saying, it's Americans.
Speaker 7: It's transformed into the delicacy realm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, American America slave culture is very much Maria stream at this point.
Speaker 3: Cultures.
Speaker 2: But if you walk into the average white people's house and you say certain things, they won't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Like which one depending on the location that's I'm like, what's fun?
Speaker 1: Which words do you feel like you would say that they would know? In twenty twenty five, with all these hip hop records and TV shows and films.
Speaker 2: Shit, man, I mean parents, Just to be fair, there's a language out there that I don't know that black.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, we're talking about Black American, Yo. When you say black America or black culture, Like, I agree, your parents are part of a different generation. What is something Pete would know?
Speaker 7: I'm a bad example. My friends from high school would.
Speaker 1: Say, okay, sure, yeah, it's friend from high school that's fair, not Pete.
Speaker 2: That your friends from high school, Like.
Speaker 1: What do you think we could say that they'd be Like when.
Speaker 7: I grew up in a very insularly white environment.
Speaker 2: Most white people still have no clue with cat means. Might yeah, that's exactly what they. You know, when you say no cat, I don't have a hat on.
Speaker 1: I know you think somebody thirty would know what no cap means. As a white person, most white people.
Speaker 2: First off, when you think of white people, you think of white people that are in your proximity.
Speaker 1: Pete is the only white person in my proximity.
Speaker 2: With what I'm saying, in your proximity, I mean like there are white people that you'll come across in California, but if you drive across this country, most of the white people live in Utah, in Nevada, in Colorado. That no, the motherfuckers have no clue. My bad.
Speaker 1: It's a good song, it is.
Speaker 2: The motherfuckers have no clue with no cat means.
Speaker 1: But you don't think at that point that's something that's an Internet slang versus black culture slang.
Speaker 7: But the Internet works on algorithms, so you could be separate from that.
Speaker 1: At that point if you're tuned into it. Wouldn't that be the like no cap is a hip hop word?
Speaker 3: Well, I think a lot of that. I think a lot of things that people.
Speaker 5: White communities just based off of algorithms and my own personal social isolation and whatnot, that I don't know about.
Speaker 1: Like what's something happened in the white America that we don't know about?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Probably I can't answer to what I don't know. But when I'm around they're talking about ship, I don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
Speaker 1: I just I just think, Look, I don't even want to God, I don't even want to do that. What I'm to your point, jobs, I'm saying, I'm not trying to convince you why anybody else should use the N word around you. I think that's the point of how we all grew up, right. I just think it's just weird to guys it under a level of culture that specific thing, right, it is to a degree, But it's that word specifically, and it's different because you're right, we talked about it. Who grows up in Detroit besides just straight up brothers.
Speaker 2: I mean, now it's a little bit more diverse. But for the most part, Like, especially when I was growing.
Speaker 1: Up, y'all to have anything except slaves, people that.
Speaker 2: In Arabs, like Detroit. The Detroit area has the biggest population of Arabics in the country.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about ghetto Arabic people? Do they live in the ghetto?
Speaker 3: Ye live amongst each other?
Speaker 2: No? Not really, well a little bit now, Like on the fringes of there's the city called Dearborn, and that's kind of like, you know, their home base. But on the fringes of Dearborn and Detroit, you're seeing, especially over the last ten, maybe twenty years, more intermingling of similar financial bas.
Speaker 1: I'm truly jobs that you just really got to grow up black. That has to be fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: It's just an experience that you don't see very often in this country in a major city.
Speaker 1: But I also feel like that also kind of while I am jealous of that experience and I wish I had it, I also realized how un American kind of that happens, you know what I mean, Like like you kind of don't know anything outside of that. Like again, like there is a cultural difference that I learned from I didn't really interact with white people growing up as much until I got towards high school, but Mexican people my whole life. So like you could see the melting pot not just from like a like from a like we said, like from a macro like. You didn't see it far apart. You saw it up close and personal. So you can see how these communities could be, you know, intertwine, you know, woven together culturally where they live the same way. So you could And I think that's the kind of the point of America, right, or at least that's the make belief point, is that they want a melting pot of people to come together and create this great place. So I think when we're saying this, it's just I understand why California can go to New York and New York and come to California and pretty much just assimilate in with it. None of it is going to take you by storm versus where like I said, you're right when I go to Detroit, when I go to Atlanta, you know what I mean, for the most part, like these are really dominant black towns, and like I said, as much as I'm jealous of it, it also kind of makes the world look crazy to you. Like you know, you probably see racism like it's some distant thing weirdly, you know what I mean, Like, how could you really like do you think you experienced racism in your face? Often?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So, like you know what I mean. Was the Detroit police black in the eighties and nineties, Yes, Like, yeah, I didn't ever see a black police You've probably seen that one time, Like growing up, Like, I didn't even see that many black police. I see more than now, but I didn't see them as much. Growing up. Police were pretty much always white in Mexican.
Speaker 2: In the eighties, it was more white cops than you see now, definitely, Like the numbers have shifted remarkably now to represent more than the population.
Speaker 1: Kham.
Speaker 2: You know, but like when I went to court, you know in the prosecutor was black, the judge was black.
Speaker 1: Oh, you probably got real justice close.
Speaker 2: Now, black police was.
Speaker 1: Just the worst fact, but you still got closer.
Speaker 2: But you got closer to what justice is supposed to be facts.
Speaker 1: That's fire, low key trap. Yeah, so you couldn't even scream at the Bible. You're only doing this because I'm a black man, like nigga shut up and.
Speaker 2: May and may actually say that like like, let's say you go from Watts to Beverly Hills, h the way you behave changes. May it may not be a lot, but but you change a little bit based on the cultural surroundings and the expectations of that culture that that you're in currently. And that'd be my problem with with with Latinos wanting to say nigga everywhere. Just because you were in one community that allowed that doesn't mean that every nigga you see is good with that. And if there is somebody black that is not good with that, you should you should accommodate that. And the arrogance of people like Fat Joe to be like, no niggad I've been saying nigga since since whenever. That's got nothing to do with me, bruh. You should accommodate those people that you know that are out there, the black people you say you love so much. You should accommodate those shitload of people that don't like you saying that word.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on how you speak with somebody too. I think there's a natural thing when it comes to people that come from our walker life, from the ghetto, where I think if people would have sat down with Fat Joe and had an intelligent conversation expressed so forth and so on, versus approach of like which I get it too, Like I'm not mad at that. Like if you're a brother from Detroit and you like nigga, don't say that to me, then I get it for me. But I also feel like you probably could have got a lot more done if you expressed him. Because again, remember these people like a Mexican person from where I'm from, or a Cuban or Puerto Rican person that's from New York, right, they're going to not they don't have the history on blackness. Why this word is the word it is. These are not simple things that are talked about all the time. It's just the way people talk. Then as people get older, they start to realize sometimes they don't need a job, like sometimes people from the community really don't. They like they get a culture shock when they go somewhere else and be like that's their introduction to it, or they meet somebody who's uncomfortable with it.
Speaker 2: Maybe well, either one of two things, your community doesn't love that Hispanic person as much as they say they do, or they would teach them the rules and regulations outside of the walls of your community, or that person just an asshole and don't care. But when you go elsewhere that that attitude may catch up with you.
Speaker 1: Sure, But it's also like multifaceted. I mean, I think if we were I think if black people in every ghetto were more kind of national base in their blackness, right, it's like they probably wouldn't be doing saying it, or you know, we wouldn't have the same problem. I mean, poverty does become hella restrictive. So if I can understand how a nigga in Detroit would feel about certain things, maybe I'm not even fighting with the niggas the next street over. I mean, it probably would dilute the power that poverty is, you know what I mean, that the burden it is. I'm sorry, Pete, I don't say.
Speaker 7: Like there's two sides of the coin.
Speaker 5: There's like obviously from your guys perspective, it's it's as the listener the rationale, like as the recipient on the side of the conversation, and also kind of like on the the speaker side, which would be from the Mexican person's perspective, And it's like, I'm not Mexican so like it's much different for say, like white people than like the like the third category races in the country, Like you're neither black nor white, you're everybody else in between. So I can see where they might foresee it as like if you say it's like you know, an endearment term, you carry that with you. It's more like I'm in hearing to your community universally.
Speaker 7: You might get it wrong, but like from.
Speaker 5: My own personal experience, like I that's not agenda item or goal of mine to be able to do that. I know for a fact I have a good portion of my friends. Wouldn't blink. I know I have a good portion of my friends. Would make me blink.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I got a white homie that and said that's where I'm where you're from. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: But again, most of the time we don't really have but they I know, I know some. I know a dude in Chicago we talked about it before.
Speaker 5: Sure, I just wonder, like, okay, as the speaker, my point of view, and it's just me. I'm just like one one guy. I know what that's all about. I'm friends with you. I've had I've been to your mother and your grandmother's home. They have a different life experience from the time frame and history where they grew up. Like trying to be cool or be friendly or folks or whatever, to me takes a back seat to respecting history.
Speaker 7: That's just me.
Speaker 5: So I don't know why another speaker. I mean I understand, I know why another speaker. I think it's a fair question, like what's the rational as to why the another speaker would not give deference to that same kind of perspective.
Speaker 7: But everybody has their own.
Speaker 1: Also, people could be ignorant on history, true, I mean that's that's that's a really you'd have to.
Speaker 7: Be really ignorant on history.
Speaker 1: Like really, we just did a stream, right, and we're having jobs. Shout out to everybody listening to those Seilings podcasts. We're having jobs here all four episodes of Black History Mom, because jobs is like nitt, he is the mascot of me. You know what I'm saying, Like, don't get no blacker than Detroit, my boy? You feel me? So this is how we want. We're gonna tackle different street urban black cultural things in conversations. But it goes back to the conversation trap. We were just having on the stream where there's an ignorance that people are not really giving credence to like of course everybody, don't they made know that that word would used to demean somebody, but they don't quite understand how the word is policed. They don't. They don't get it. So it's like, but I get it, I get it. Go ahead, trapp.
Speaker 4: So so this is this is what I what I've come to understand though and realize that that us as black people, we were holding on to that word so so daily and we want to because I and that time, I don't know if don't make get married. Now at the time, I feel like being a black person that some people feel like that's the only thing we got is that is that one thing we won't let anybody else use the word and ship like that you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, And I don't.
Speaker 4: And I hate when people put like you said, police the word and make sure they go who could say it and who can't say it and stuff like that. I agree within that, I agree within that right there, and I don't and and with them like saying, I don't, I don't feel like.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's a such thing as like giving somebody a past to use it and all that like that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I don't. I don't agree with them.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I don't feel like but I feel like we're holding on to that too, moch But.
Speaker 1: Again, we don't even give people a past. Either grow up with us talking this way or you don't.
Speaker 2: But that's giving people a past.
Speaker 7: Well, you said it's a word like policing.
Speaker 1: What it's not a past. It's not a past because you don't quite understand what the word is. Right, growing up, I didn't understand what the word meant. Like I connected a few things, but the first person to call me a nigga was my dad and my mom. Like this is before five, right, I remember it. It's not like disrespectful. It's just like I remember hearing this word. Then you go to school and you're informed that this specifically connotation, that this word was used as a demeaning term. You still don't correlate how it became a term of endearment. That actually never happens, you know what I mean? That only happens if you pursue knowledge. Right, in nine percent of the people using that word. It don't matter which color they are. They don't have any understanding of how that term became the way we use it today. So I for sure know if most of us, right, people that are black people descend as a slave in this country that use that term, right, I'm sure people outside of it don't understand how it became what it is. So it's no past jobs. It's how people talk. Right. You could hear the er and the A growing up, right. You can hear the difference if somebody reference you with the hearty, are you like that's not cool?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: But then if somebody used the term a with it right, you know it? So you don't. You don't even flinch. Like the first time I heard shout out to my homebade Francisco from from a Cajun block like Francisco us it. I never flinched. Twice it was like, what's up, nigga? You know what I mean? This is seven and eight? What a nigga? What's up?
Speaker 3: Nigga? Like?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? You don't. I don't see him different. They don't get me wrong. I know he he's a Mexican person, but that quite doesn't mean anything right here, like that, don't do you?
Speaker 3: Do you really hear the difference between the A and the E R. I don't hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the people who's saying it. It depends on who's saying it. That's what I can understand. If it's an A R E R in it, THU. So when you say it, I don't know if it's an A E R in this ship, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know somebody saying I can hear it.
Speaker 5: The whole question for the panel outcome wise, would you agree or disagree with me that if I'm in strange company that is black, I don't. I would not expect the outcome to make much to be much different. Yeah, the other guys, would you other also to think that they would not.
Speaker 1: Somebody gonna see you, Pete, and it's gonna be a million ques. You're right because you are the exact opposite end of the spectrum to most people. But what I'm saying the jobs is when Job's saying it is a past, I'm telling him you don't realize it's a past until you get into these conversations even this deep, or unless you're researching what this specific words. So, yeah, you were taught that white people specifically, slavers use this word as a term of ownership over people, right, and then as a term to mean somebody.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You know that. But if somebody is talking to you in your whole life, somebody is using as a term of endearment, then you start to separate the two ways the word is used.
Speaker 2: Right now, what I'm telling you, I don't give a fuck. I'm not saying.
Speaker 7: What a four episode commitment.
Speaker 1: This is definitely what to promote jobs crying go ahead, job, I.
Speaker 3: Don't give a fuck. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers know, and I don't care if you white, green, purple, or whatever. To not walk in somebody's house and call somebody's mama bitch. Culturally, I don't need to give you a tutorial on it. You don't need a dissertation. It's not a book. You know. There is a high probability of getting fucked up if you walk into somebody else's house and call it mama bitch. These people they're saying nigga, know that there are other black people that are not cool with that, and they to do it anyway. They not ignorant. Yeah, but I just learn.
Speaker 1: I think they learn jobs. I think they learn that later, Like, it's not like in our community. There are some black people like, man, I don't let that mess and call me nick. That ain't necessarily what's being said in our community. Like when I'm talking about content and watch that. There some people are, but everybody isn't some of us, like I don't think Peanut shout out to ma Way thirteen shout out to Shout out to Peanut, door Nail, shout out to Crawford. None of us ever said to shout out to Mark. None of us ever said that to Francisco. They don't call me nigga, like nobody none of us said that. So where would he get his first experience? He didn't get it at school, right, because we gonna all go to school with Mexican people, right, and they got meskin homies, right. And then he didn't get it from high school because the high school got meskin people who grew up with black people, right. And then they said, so where does he get the first lesson in the conversation until he grown? He has to tell grown?
Speaker 4: Right, that video that I that that that I that dude put out last week, though it was a Mexican dude he put the shit out, and I understood that. I think he broke down the best way. He was like he said that, he said, you don't you don't see black people going around calling themselves I'm saying, talking to man and call him an essay.
Speaker 1: For these lines you called some essay. No, but I have black homies who grew up in Mexican communities that talked just like the Cholos.
Speaker 5: And what's the history of the word that said are also in the same breath. It's like, it's but mindus the word I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You talk the way you talk the way people around you talk. So there's this belief that black people are gonna have this natural soul being in the middle of a bunch of white people. That shit dumb. Of course you don't. Of course you're not gonna add this swag and style and this lingo. Why would you learn it. It don't come with just being black. None of this shit we doing come with being black. Yeah, you have a style being black, but every this lingo is being intertwined with other people in said community. Nobody black is sitting up in Beverly Hills coming up with slang that we're using in Watts or content. They're or South Central. They're not Inglewood. They're not coming up with that if they grew up in Inglewood, if you grew up in Newport Beach with Pete, the brothers that surfing grew up and that's the culture they talk like the fucking white people that serf. So again it's a stat I'm not they smoke weed out of bunks. Yes, period. Yeah, some white shit out to know me Jerry, because Jerry, we are pump. But I'm saying these are cultural things jobs. I am not. Again, I have to keep stressing this. I am not trying to advocate for you or anybody in this podcast. If you are a Mexican and that ain't how you talk, you hear this man has a problem with it, Please don't reference in that way. Please be careful who you're talking to. I'm saying, I'm defending the position of where people are at culturally and in our lives. Me and Trap. When is the first time you thought that Joe heard somebody complain about him using in wordy went south for so?
Speaker 2: I bet you, I bet you. Everybody that looks like Pete in Peach's neighborhood is fully aware of whether someone has told them or not not to go to the middle of Compton and say nigga.
Speaker 1: Because he's not from the middle of Compton. What about the people that look like Pete that's from the middle of Compton.
Speaker 2: But my point is is that your community has done you a dish surface. If you who are not black and using the terminology to which we are speaking of, if they don't tell you that yo here is one thing. But when you go across the.
Speaker 1: Way, But how would they tell them? How could a poor person tell somebody's about you get what I'm saying. How restrictive culture is right, The reason we needed, the reason, the necessity, the reason that's invented is because of the fact that we don't have the freedom to move about the cabin. If listen, Josh, if we were all that informed, like let's say black people want to talk about me and trap specifically right, because we have friends that are not black that use the term right. Most of my friends now see you bother everybody, so they don't even want to even use it to me, which is fine. I don't care, Like you know, you still my nigga, but you don't want to use it. I'm tragic is like that he don't want to use it. I respect him because he got explained to on the internet, right, But what I'm saying to you is it's kind of not fair to ask poor people to be so aware of Detroit, because if they were fully aware of what people felt in Detroit, then probably the problems that we have, right, Gangs, tribes, all that stuff wouldn't exist if we were that connected to each other's life fully. Like I just explained to somebody today, like on the stream, which we're gonna do a podcast on the not this Tuesday coming up, but the following Tuesday about gang banging, where people keep saying I romanticized gang banging because I can put it into context. That's crazy. But again, but that's only based.
Speaker 2: On I'm telling you, man, I was about to jump off the porch last week myself around.
Speaker 1: I hate that y'all made me.
Speaker 3: You said, you want to.
Speaker 1: Explaining is justifying something that standard? But I was explaining to them. I was explaining to them.
Speaker 5: I would say, it's fair to say it's rationalizing, it's defining a rationale.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's it, but that's that's that's a very gray area to an.
Speaker 1: Audience glory and rationale.
Speaker 7: Yes, as a listener, it's very slippery.
Speaker 1: Only if you come in with an ignorant position of what you think.
Speaker 2: You know who.
Speaker 7: That's what the audience is.
Speaker 1: So why should I cater to their not knowledge? It's because you're giving them but I'm giving them. But I'm giving them.
Speaker 2: To And you're arsing from the point of you believing you're right.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm arguing from facts. I don't think I'm right or wrong. There's nothing to be right or wrong about jobs. It's just fact. Like this conversation, here are the facts. I don't give you my position. I'm giving you a fact. Here's a fact. When do you think the first time Fat Joe? Most likely I can't give a fact on that, but I'm saying to you it's a fact. It's probably later in his life.
Speaker 2: I think he'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Because I think if Fat Joe would have went two buildings down or to the two rooms two hours down, and most black people say, don't call me any wordy, he probably wouldn't be using.
Speaker 5: It in like this when I say it's slippery and it's gray, like when I glory. Yeah, just just just rationale for decision making and something because there's there's the facts, and then there's the interpretive rationale of or the rationale of the interpretation of the facts right as to the decision making process, Like when I talk about my life and my rationale for why I make Like Malcolm, I get into this all the time. Sure he thinks that I have had maybe more bad luck than I would say bad decision making. From a ratio standpoint, I think everything in my life is the result of my own bad decisions. So I can ration that lies what I did and why I made the decision at the time. But I do so through the prism of saying this was wrong and in spite of the fact that my calculus was blank based off of these variable factors, I was an idiot for looking at it that way and I was wrong. And here's the I'm reaping the fallout of this sequence of bad decisions.
Speaker 7: So it has to do with the on in the presentation.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying you should do that. I'm just saying from a listener standpoint, speaker audience relationship wise.
Speaker 1: But so you would have to concede. Well, most people, and I usually say this, and people get mad when I say this, But most people don't have conversation and good faith. Good faith would have to be conceived that you're ignorant when it comes to game banging. Right, you can kind of only know the Hollywood jobs. Right jobs would only know the Hollywood version of it. He doesn't quite know what it is. But he would have to come into the conversation understanding that he has a very bare minimum understanding or a belief of what's happening. But the problem is people are culturally entitled because they have rap songs, because they have films, and they have access to internet and some level of.
Speaker 5: There's a big delta in what the starting point knowledge is and what the starting point knowledge is perceived to be by the listener.
Speaker 7: Yes, there's a large gap.
Speaker 1: And that's the biggest problem. Right, they come in and they feel like they get gang banging. That's the first lie. You don't get it.
Speaker 2: The problemly is, bro is that you are culturally entitled when it comes to gang banging. My this is my ship. You can't tell me about my ship.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: It tends to make you minimize killing the motherfucker or robbing somebody that has.
Speaker 1: That's that's.
Speaker 4: What That's what Glass is saying though, that it comes along with killing, robbing, and doing a whole bunch of negative ship other than being looked upon as being you and your homie. Is that you know what I'm saying, that.
Speaker 1: Vive this traumatic experience in this ghetto.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's I think a good point.
Speaker 5: Like like Luke was saying, like this comes from like you know, you're walking home with your friends from school. You live over there, you're not even put on yet, and these people over here antagonizing you, attacking you, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Right, but even the constant but put it on is like you're from where you're from because these are your friends, go ahead, but just saying that you hadn't jumped off the infantry. You're American, but you ain't a part of the marine. Yeah, so you're.
Speaker 5: So he is saying this is a significant contributing factor to his decision to be more involved or involved to the extent that he was involved with that right, sure, and and and that's fine, and that's and that's reasonable, and that's rational, and that's I wouldn't blame him for it.
Speaker 7: But in the same conversation. It's also like.
Speaker 5: Why ain't the living fuck are these other people harassing you when you and your friends are walking home from school?
Speaker 1: Because again you go into like history, right, and things that have happened, breakdowns and communications, issues at parties, issues and past it.
Speaker 7: And those irrationales.
Speaker 5: But you know, not a great decision to take that out on kids walking home from school.
Speaker 1: But that's that's normal as being alive. Like when when the Tali band got upset at whatever they felt America did, they did not crash planes into the White House. They went to a place where nobody worked at, the military was at and they crashed the planes into the buildings because they said, it didn't matter if you were a part of the Marines or the Army, or the Navy, or the National Guards or wherever else. You're Americans. So we want to make you feel the pain that we felt here, and that standard amongst humanity, humanity, I am the type of game member. Why I get my men. Most men are the type of men that anybody from your community would do. That standard amongst men, the standard for America. When they got to get somebody, they don't be like, you know what them and it's in people kind of close. That's the belief. The reality isn't all four of us know that if a couple, you know, if we're trying to get this hundred people and ten people gotta go real life, they probably gonna do them hundred people.
Speaker 2: No, I am not bro.
Speaker 1: Not your jobs. You're not going to do any You're not going to bring harm to anybody. You're not like a soldier, right, You're like a civilian person who would protect their house. Right, You're just gonna protect your house. But I'm saying when it's time to go in advance, it becomes different.
Speaker 2: But you're you're you're you're saying soldier as if we're all in this war that you're in.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm.
Speaker 2: Telling you your war has really no no real justification to the rest of the people in your community.
Speaker 1: Neither is Ukraine in Russia.
Speaker 2: They don't. That's why most people don't agree with that shit.
Speaker 1: Neither there's World War two.
Speaker 2: A lot of people do not agree with that.
Speaker 1: Most people don't. But it's not they don't agree. They most people are cowards. That's true too, right, it's not they don't agree with why we're fighting. Like people saw what trust me when they ran them when they ran those planes into them towers. Oh, people wanted blood, true, people wanted blood to the point to where a president. That happened in two thousand and one. Only reason I remember because probably one of my top three favorite hip hop albums came out that day, September eleventh, two thousand and one, the day of the Blueprint came out. The President of the United States of America came on television in twenty twenty one bragging about finally getting the leader of the game that did that to the Twin Towers. Twenty years later, it came on and did a whole telecast like, yeah, we got that son bitch, finally got him out of here, the head of the Taileman. It's twenty years later. They never stopped jobs. Now, I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I'm telling you it definitely does not make our p life unique. It's not like we are not in company with pretty much everybody around the world except the people that don't have a reason to fight. So I'm not and I'm not trying to justify or glamorify. I'm just I'm not I'm giving you the rationale. And then I'm connecting it to other human experiences that standard in your face.
Speaker 2: Firs to reach because it's not people like around the black from you doing this ship. Nigga's thousands of miles away.
Speaker 1: Oh that's different because further away, that's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Jo.
Speaker 2: I can walk to the store and I have to worry about the Taliban.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Jobs. Really, they came.
Speaker 7: They came to New York.
Speaker 2: Taliban.
Speaker 1: Listen, they came to New York, crashed planes into two towers in New York.
Speaker 2: Before before that that moment, had you heard of the Taliban?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have, but I am up on stuff that's not fair. But most people didn't. But I'm telling you that just because of that. But just because you're ignorant on America's conflicts and things and people that they have things going on with, don't mean that they're not happening or you can't justify them based off your ignorance. And that's what I'm saying. It's hard to have these conversations if you won't take into account, you may don't know. And that's is what I'm telling the peak even in this conversation, and this is why I said to you, If you are from Detroit and your town is you don't even grow up with nobody, then you could not relate. All you can say is glasses. I know why. I don't want anybody calling me this. But it's also because you're ignorant on the dynamic, right, And like I'm saying to you now, even in that situation we're talking about gangbanging, which we'll talk about in the next pod, right, is it's a bunch of people who think they know what's happening. They have not conceded that they have no idea quite what's happening. The most they know is crypts wear blue. But what if I told you jobs all crips don't wear blue. What if I told you some crips wear purple? What if I told you some crypt wear orange. What if I told you some christ wear green. These are all nuanced things that are real as everything outside. But if you have no idea, you know the generic things, right, you like, crips wear blue, Bloods wear red. But what if I said power rules tend to wear burgundy. What if I told you lime hoods tend to wear green?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: There going to be nuances that comes with knowledge, so you have to start the conversation like I don't know. All I know is I saw a couple of gang banger movies which we just proved a trap. He didn't even know. Friday is a game banker movie.
Speaker 4: Not doing that snap. I don't care what you said. It's about about smoking weed.
Speaker 1: Like games wig because all game makers do is still versus it likes jobs, say.
Speaker 2: Glasses tell the gang bangers are at the park cleaning up every day.
Speaker 1: That's actually a true thing.
Speaker 2: Every elementary school and they're mowing grass for the old people.
Speaker 1: Gotta love them that that actually does happen in a lot of communities. They do clean up the park and run the park. It's funny how you could really be making a joke and be dead right and it sounds funny, but it just sounds crazy. I get it because I get it. John Singleton did such a great job, Robert Duvall and Sean Penn did such a great job that you like, I got them niggas down. I see what's happening. Look at that fat joke. I know how you start using their word. I heard his songs. You cannot be that arrogant, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yo, y'ad niggas is telling us.
Speaker 1: Now, No, you're hearing art.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling I'm talking about the plethora of blood pirus, crypts, gds, vice lords and the like on YouTube telling you what they did, who they did it to entertaining you.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yes, I am telling you a fact. I'm giving you nuance, fact down to specialty. I'm giving you something like that nobody in hip hop has ever gave. Because I'm not trying to entertain you. If the facts benefit your life, I'm here to bring benefits to people that listen to No Sellers podcast. I am not here to entertain you. The facts are entertaining, but when you hear the nuance, that's when you could feel like you don't know. But you would have to concede initially that you don't know. And that's the hardest part. Even in this particular conversation with latinos in the N word, you you would have to conceive jobs, right, I get it, You're right, you could have that level of of sternness. I don't want nobody not black calling me didn't work, and none of us would question you. We're not saying you should let the homie call you that. But when your question is why do you guys need it happened or why don't you inform them on how I feel? Nigga, I don't know how you feel. I am as.
Speaker 4: We have this conversation, right, yeah, I think you know what I'm thinking about, right, I'm thinking about my brother Twan Matt.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Kareem Kareem City, and I never you know what I'm saying from the time I met Twa Mac.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Anytime somebody will be engaging in a conversation with him and they will go and they will call him that, they will call him a nigga. The first thing he'll say is, I'm not your n word, your word and keep on moving on from it, though, but he makes sure he will acknowledge that he wasn't the person that word like that. You know what I'm saying. To the point where I wanted to, I wanted to. I wanted to remove the word out of my vocabulary. You know what I'm saying. It's becoming kind of difficult to do so, but I'm gonna do it one day though. But that's what's saying. That's what I was thinking about having this conversation right here.
Speaker 1: Because the fact is I hate to say this fuck man that I almost hate using fucking other people's talking points that's not black. But a black person said this. If we don't want other people to use the word, we probably shouldn't use the word.
Speaker 3: Yo. Yeah, we had this conversation on Tommy. Yeah, it was so crazy.
Speaker 4: Right, we had this conversation on eighty AHD one time, right, the same conversation, right, and throughout the whole conversation, everybody that's.
Speaker 3: Talking is using the word like.
Speaker 4: But then at the same time saying they want to police and make sure other people something like this is so crazy, bro, that's true.
Speaker 3: This is crazy. If you're sitting there just.
Speaker 5: I was telling this a conversation like a few months ago with the buddy of mine, and like, if the if a purpose of of several of like rap music and hip hop is to convey, uh, you know, a message to people outside of that environment about the reality of what's going on with it, and you do so through a culture that is or not through through a medium that that propagates the culture, and a lot of it's about having a good time. A lot of that music is dance. Music is happiest fun in this and this, all of that, that's what makes people want to hear it. Otherwise it sounded like eagles rubbing their claws against chalkboards.
Speaker 7: No one would fucking want to hear it.
Speaker 5: And it becomes and again it's like with considering your you know, the audience, it's difficult to ask the audience to accept the package and throw away the rapper, the wrapping paper, not the rapper, but w rapper.
Speaker 2: Why how are you really asking why these motherfuckers need to say one fucking word out of all the pantheon of intellect.
Speaker 1: Because anything jobs off limit? Is why is it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Why would it be?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not it, that's not the reason, but the reason why.
Speaker 5: Your level of camaraderie and acceptance with somebody if it's like, look, you can't do this because you're not you know, we're not cool with you like that, and then it's like, well even for.
Speaker 7: Each other for a long enough time, eggas we're pretty cool. Everything I can't get in you know kind of thing.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. I mean, we made it, we made it.
Speaker 7: My rationale so why I don't, But why.
Speaker 4: Do they want to do everything that we do? We made the cool, We made it cool to be you know what I'm saying to say this, You know what I'm saying. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, everything that we did, they want to they want to do it. You know what I'm saying, as anybody outside of the outside of the community. We made this ship cool to say say, like, Yo, I want to be like that. I want to I want to say this name.
Speaker 1: I seen the Kardashian selling their own line of Penaltons flannels. I was like, what the fuck.
Speaker 7: That's its own conversation.
Speaker 5: In general, it's like girls so once once they get hype down, all of a sudden, now you can say whatever.
Speaker 1: To come out your minder for everybody though, the standard for everybody.
Speaker 2: But as far as I mean, if we're being honest, white men in this country don't tolerate being told what and what not to do. They have a problem with being told they cannot stay nigga.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're talking about white folks. I don't think. I think I think it's very rare reason. Yeah, but I don't think we're really debating for white folks. I think most white folks except the little rapper gentle. He's just shot out to him. He gonna bump his head the hard way. Like it's just it's going to be a little bit different.
Speaker 4: For you, the big boy, the big boy, it's gonna be a little different for you than it's gonna be for Mexicans.
Speaker 1: You are a white man, so it's going to be a really different thing. Like it's hard for brothers to accept Mexicans or Puerto Ricans or Cubans in it. Yeah, you finna go through World War three, so y'all know you're a gang banger. So yeah, I hope your homies got you enough squabbles because you're going to be and some ship and you.
Speaker 4: Know, you should have just said he was bang. He should say he was bang on some ship like that, and then and then trying to get away with saying that ship because he's bucking that.
Speaker 1: It's part of his marketing. At this point, he's going to stand down on it. And it's like they're going to get at you and and all your friends too, Like that's the thing. Shout out to the homies from Dallas. That's that's on the program. But it's like, no, y'all better he y'all better really love him because y'all might have to kill some brothers over this man. You feel me over this white man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The South too, In the South doing that.
Speaker 1: People writing Dallas and Houston, like nom.
Speaker 3: Said, No, he ain't from over anything. That ship Dallas, We ain't going for that.
Speaker 1: Sho Dallas came. He's like no. So it's like you're going to you know, you're gonna have to pay in blood to use that word. And you know, if you if you're paying enough blood, you know, maybe the world to accept it. Maybe I doubt it because you might go to the next state and they want some they want a pint of blood, and you're gonna run out of blood for you. But do your thing. All I'm saying is just in the conversation right to have it right. So again, we're not trying to convince. I'm not trying to convince Detroit or Chicago or Atlanta to understand what's happening. That's not my goal. I'm just saying, if you wonder why it's happening for us that way, these are the people we grew up with, and again jobs like now I can prepare somebody. Hey man, don't say that around jobs. Job's gonna trip cool, because I know jobs feel some kind of way. But in nineteen ninety nine, two thousand jobs, I would have not known how nobody in Detroit felt about anything. I barely knew how people in Anaheim felt about something that's fifteen miles away. Hell, I didn't know how people in Critos felt about something, and that's five miles away. I didn't know how other people felt about things. I thought that I thought Watts was normal for everybody. I didn't think I thought every community obviously. I knew it was the ghetto, and I knew Beverly Hills was different, but I thought every ghetto was the same. I thought y'all all grew up with different people. I knew that New York had Puerto Ricans, and I knew Florida had Columby Colombians, and I always thought we all lived together poor. I didn't realize feel me that there are some places in America where it's just black people living poor, and then white people live poor over there like white people, yeah, they live I don't even think nobody poor that's white in California. Like I used to have a joke with DJ Head. I used to tell you white people are gifted one hundred thousand dollars at birth. Because how you don't live in the ghetto. How is it more of you guys in this state and you're not in the ghetto, Like there is no ghetto white place. And then everybody tried to sell you on these outskirts, the Lancasters, the Palm Deals, the Victorville's. There are still my white ghettos out there. Oh there you go up that three five. Even then they still own the houses people don't own. Yeah, oh you go up that five. I need to go to a white there. I need to go to a white ghetto so I could feel comfortable about California.
Speaker 7: Through in your current I'm in.
Speaker 1: I just need to walk through the neighborhood and people hit me up. What's that with you, homie? I need I need to see the white ghetto energy.
Speaker 2: Your West Virginia.
Speaker 7: The town my Sleckt grandma's family came from up in.
Speaker 5: Northern Actually no, it was my Sleckt great grandma.
Speaker 1: That's some white people.
Speaker 7: That town was definitely poor.
Speaker 5: They moved there from like some poor town in Georgia. That's the town that burnt down. It no longer exists. It's gone, ironically named Paradise.
Speaker 3: Town gone.
Speaker 1: And you know what's funny, And this is a cultural difference.
Speaker 3: Job, please please please ask that.
Speaker 2: Right, we gotta go. I'm sorry we got to.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 7: She earned it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't give exceptions to standards for personal conduct. That's not a thing. So if you if you conduct yourself in a certain way, you did that.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, and this is a cultural difference, right, No, lie bro we let Eminem talk so much. We let Eminem talk so much about his mom all of that ship. We didn't even care. We were like, yep, that's that white people ship. If one black rapper made a negative song about his mother, his career is over.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about two women who's proclifty for the way they lived, tore apart, two nuclear families.
Speaker 1: That happens all the time.
Speaker 7: I know it does.
Speaker 5: I don't care for it, and I'm not going to will make an exception for it because I know the person personally.
Speaker 1: I understand culturally is just different.
Speaker 8: I understand that too. I'm not finding mind. Yeah, and I respecting it. I am not advocating. I'm not exactly you see jobs. See, I'm not advocating.
Speaker 5: I didn't see everybody else who doesn't have any fucking standards.
Speaker 7: No, that's my standard.
Speaker 1: That's how it's like saying, he glorifying it. That's how y'all treat me because I explained to you something.
Speaker 2: No, you, Pete, Pete, absolutely did not glorify it. You'd be like, please.
Speaker 5: Discuss glorifying their action. Glorifying I guess my hard line standard to.
Speaker 1: Call them such, yes, but to disrespect, even if it's the correct title for their behavior, we would consider that disrespectful. In the black Black coaching.
Speaker 2: My great grandmother was an in tune advocate daily.
Speaker 3: That's glamorize. Yeah, that was blamorizing right there.
Speaker 1: That nobody like my great grandma God the house. Look, she made a man. That is not that glamory jobs.
Speaker 5: I did praise early pioneer of glory whole technology.
Speaker 1: You didn't say that to me. This is what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. He's like, y'all, this is how y'all like I be talking, and I don't like I don't. I don't. All I'm saying Jobs is coming into these conversations and shout out to all the brothers that listened to this podcast. Shout out to all the browns, all the blacks, all the blacks, all the browns, all the white yellows, ribs, whatever, whoever listened to this podcast. You have to come into this thing knowing. If you didn't grow up culturally involved, then there's something to be learned. But if you come into it disingenuously thinking you understand or telling me about your life versus listening to full detail so you could formulate a thought. Because right now, when I first talked to Jobs about this, he had a formulated thought of why he felt it shouldn't happen for anybody. And I'm telling him what makes growing up and watching Compton different than growing up in Detroit, Like, it's not like we all logically start to use his word because we made sense out of it. It's just how we talk. And then over time you start to realize somebody else use the word in another way, and they say it in another way too to make you feel bad. So now you start to see because you still can identify if somebody of Latino origin. They all say it to you. Some of them will say it to you to demean you. You, I mean, they no different than the white Maybe that f N word you feel me? That nigger they said to the mean you.
Speaker 7: So, what's the what's the word Mexicans use?
Speaker 5: No he.
Speaker 3: Do you know that?
Speaker 7: That's what that translates into. I don't know what that like. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like cockerroach or something.
Speaker 3: It's like a.
Speaker 1: Raggedy flang word. And see that's what I'm saying, Like when Mexicans out here wanted to mean you job, they won't even call you like they got their own.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, yeah, I know the I know the Dominican they go, they go with the Morana, that Miranda like that that term right there.
Speaker 7: That's sort of.
Speaker 5: Funny in the sense that the demeaning word in that culture for black people is the same name of a town in the eal An Empire that a bunch of black.
Speaker 7: People moved too.
Speaker 3: But what I've said, you talking about.
Speaker 5: Moreno, right, that's what you said, Moreno Valley. It's it's it's not deliberate, it's just like a random it's just like randomly unavoidable observation.
Speaker 1: So Maya is a fig eater beetle a fig eater beatle?
Speaker 7: How in the living fuck random is that?
Speaker 3: M I guess it's black?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this one is green?
Speaker 7: Even more reasonable? What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: But it's meant to be demeaning. Sure, so I'm saying that's where it becomes different. And that's why, like a lot of times, like I'm not culturally entitled to gang banging, I'm just informed. Like right, I'm a gang member, and I actually study gang banging, and I actually care about people from a gang and I and I go through things to learn it. Not only do I have an inside perspective and experience, but I'm also more well studied in it than somebody who just seen boys in the Hood or colors or seen some shit on television. I'm going to have a nuance. So a lot of times when we you know what's funny, jobs, smart is about talking with smart how fast you could process and kick some out. I genuinely believe intellect is the ability to listen. So if you walk into a conversation thinking you know or you're informed, right, then you're threatening your ability and and you're showing that you're not intelligent, not you, but just explaining to people that you would be showing it. So again, like if I'm telling somebody about gang banging and they're not a gang member, you would think they would listen to me. They'd be like, oh, let me listen. But what happens is they'll listen, they're not they're listening, they're hearing me. So that's why people think I glorify it. Again, we said this on this podcast before. The clinical definite of listen is to listen and end. You listen what I'm saying, and then you end it. That's it, and then you look at what I'm saying. That's your listen to hear. The clinical definition of hearing, my man always told me was to acknowledge sound. So when somebody is not listening to me and they're hearing me, the first thing they'll respond with it sounds like you're saying it sounds like you're glorifying because you're not listening to me. If I tell you, the same person that taught me how to sell crack taught me how to fish, that's not a glorious thing I'm telling you. He showed me how to survive all of these same things right jobs. And I think that's why I struggle to communicate with an audience, because I'm really giving you something factual. I'm not trying to entertain you. I can entertain you, know, different than my predecessors. I could put it on thick. You don't think I can. I could cater to your ignorance. I can cater all the way to your ignorance. Everything you believe, I can cater to it. But I try to call myself being a more well rounded and a greater human by giving you nuance so you can leave and make more sense out of it with your own life, and also have more information on something that you may be intrigued by or confused by. But it seems that that's not what people want. People want me to cater to their ignorance. People want me to make them believe whatever they're saying is true.
Speaker 2: That sounds nice, Brouin Man, you're my guy. But if it was just about harmony and communal aspect, there are other organizations that gang members can join.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 1: See yo, see how far that's far apart? Like how where I started at from where you started at to where you harmonious what it's in the middle.
Speaker 2: But in the middle do you never ever talk about the bad shit of gangs.
Speaker 1: I just said, my og homie taught me how to sell crack and catch fish.
Speaker 2: But but but then you back it up with to survive. As if going to work at McDonald's is not putting food on people's tables.
Speaker 1: It's not. I mean in Detroit where the house is eight hundred dollars, but not in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you right now, in the city of Los Angeles, you can ride to a McDonald's and they will have employees.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I bet you none of them can pay their rent off that salary.
Speaker 2: They it is assisting in making them make ends meet in some way.
Speaker 1: So you're saying by the legal president.
Speaker 2: And to be to be quite clear, most niggas to sell crack are broke.
Speaker 1: I agreed.
Speaker 2: So that that's not exactly like that's not putting food on a table either.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I didn't say that. I'm telling you the opportunity to make more money and selling crack is more of vagailable if you go to McDonald's. When first off, when I would have been working at McDonald's, it had been for twenty five an hour, right, that would have been Here's the truth. When I first start trying to wrap when I got said it's about rap. After Drey said you should be doing this, and I took a whole year and I had a job. I was selling Sharon before that, but I had a job, and then I had no Sharme money. It was the hardest time in my life paying bills and my apartment was cheap. Like I'm not telling people to do illegal things. I'm just saying I understand if you do. If the system is not gonna play fair and make life just and give you opportunities and present it to have a livable wage. If we can't agree with that as an American society or as human decency to have a livable wage, oh do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm curious is over the lifespan of the average gang banger, I wonder what their earnings are, because I would argue that if there's some and it's just a guest, is not facts. But if there's some study out there that says the average earnings of the lifetime over the lifetime of a gang banker, juxtapost that with any random person that worked at McDonald's during the same time that that person. Let's say you jumped off the porch at fourteen, and you've gang banged until you were forty, but you spent twenty five years in the joint. This other person went to work at McDonald's the same time you jumped off the porch and never left, not an of the district manager at McDonald's. Because they never left. They didn't go to prison in a waste to shitloaded their life locked up. I'm willing to bet that there are more stories of people making an honest living and being more monetarily successful than gang banging now.
Speaker 1: But gang banging don't mean you can't work at McDonald.
Speaker 2: There's gang bangers that work. I don't want to go look at that McDonald's brouh.
Speaker 1: Of course, they make burgers, the best burgers job.
Speaker 5: There was a fair and it's outdated from the time gap. But the book Freakonomics had a portion where the author, by some fucking means I don't even know how, but kind of like hold up, so to speak, in a dope house in Chicago and tracked the earnings of everybody there, and the one guy who kind of ran it, who made the most money, said did about ninety thousand dollars a year, and everybody else was.
Speaker 7: Doing like pigeon shit money.
Speaker 1: There was a time that was interesting, book. There was a time when I first got into PCP. I used to sell PCP. First off, I started off just being the lookout for a house or PCP house on me paid me five hundred dollars a week.
Speaker 2: Damn he hired.
Speaker 1: This is back then, five hundred dollars a week. But I worked twelve hours a day, wow, six days a week, sitting outside the house. But I saw, like you said, I was looking at that district manager opportunity. It's like, you know what, I'm gonna get in there. I'm gonna get in there, right. So I did that for about two three months. My homie started stealing from my older homie. The dudes my age starts stealing from my older homie, and I got in there. That paid me three fifty a week jobs, except every ounce I sold I get to keep the over. So if it made three hundred dollars an ounce, right, if it's so, an ounce is you know twenty eight ccs, right, So you need to dip sixty sticks to make three hundred dollars, right, I had to give him three hundred dollars an ounce, which usually that's all you can get. But Glass is being a math man in such a you know, a guy trying to innovate. I was getting an extra sixty dollars off each one, right, So now I was making three forty five to three hundred and seventy dollars. I'm running through six bottles every day as I'm working in the spot for those eight to ten hours six ounces, right, So now instead of that, I'm getting an extra three hundred and fifty dollars a day. So by the end of the week, I'm making two thousand dollars a week, fifteen hundred to two thousand dollars by the end of the week. That's what made it compelling. See now, my immature mind, I was ignorant. I was a kid, so I didn't I was like, why am I finna go to school to be a pharmacist. Pharmacists make sixty thousand dollars a year. I'm making eight thousand to ten thousand dollars a month being here, and that's like too Again, I'm ignorant, So obviously, you know, jail is not a fear, Dying is not a fear. You're not looking at the future because you're immature. Now, this is where your parents right. And my dad didn't know what I was doing, and my mom was in trouble. My mom tried to actually stop me a million times, and I was gonna do it anyway. So forgive me, because they did the best they could. I was determined to screw up. But I'm saying that became what made sense. But none of this has anything to do with gang banging, Like this is just the opportunities in the community. So I'm saying I agree with you in a sense that if you have, like like we talked about, even with the latinos and the N word, if you have enough cognitive and global understanding of how brothers in Detroit is gonna feel and they don't grow up with anybody else except black people, then yes, but you also would probably have the same mind state to if you knew how brothers in Detroit felt without having family in Detroit, you know, especially in nineteen ninety eight ninety nine, about how they felt or what their life was like, you'd probably be like a billionaire.
Speaker 7: You have to just start dialing with like three one three numbers and seeing what happened.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know the area code of the Truth until them came out.
Speaker 3: Like what are we saying?
Speaker 1: I don't know the area code. I didn't even know the air coldor Detroit tail eminem came out. How else would I know the area? You get what I'm saying. Poverty is very encompassing. It's smothering, you know what I mean. It's because you don't feel like you could get somewhere else. That's why people are rebelling against the term. That's why they call it financial freedom, which that's an overstated thing to be trapped into pursuing shit when you in the finances. But I'm saying, you get what I'm saying. It's like I'm not I'm not trying to recommend to you what life is about. I'm not saying you should let Latinos call you that. I keep saying it because I want people to understand what I'm saying. I'm saying why they do it. Where Glasses is from and where Trapp is from, It's because we grow up in the struggle together. There is no separate struggle. So we all talk the same way. Culturally, we dress the same way, we do the same things. And that's what I'm saying to that dude's point who said that, you know, you don't see black people using the N word, I mean using saying essay, yes you do. The black people who grew up in completely solo dominated culture areas what you think they seeing cousin in the middle of Acholo neighborhood. They grew up with all Tolos their whole life, and you know Mexican folks that become Tolos and they and they talk like the nigga that's two miles away. They'll know they're gonna talk like the locals. If you raise a brother in Spain his whole life with Spanish people, he's going to talk Spanish. He's going to have the culture of Spanish people. Even if you see his innate DNA styling coming out, he's still going to style what they're doing until he gets exposed to something different.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the problem is, and in fact Joe's case, he has been told on numerous occasions, this is not a welcome thing for you across the board, and he is chosen to ignore that because that is my only they say around you, that is fine. If they come to another area and that area the people that they are with tell them, hey, this is unacceptable here, and they say fuck that. My boys, and so and so said, I could.
Speaker 3: Say, so, would you would you respect? Would you respect them more? If he?
Speaker 4: If he, if he listened to it, and go all right, So right here, I'm not allowed to say it. But when I go back over there, I can say it.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you say about them niggas with them niggas over there.
Speaker 3: Now. Yeah, I'm just saying, if you.
Speaker 2: Brought this nigga over to my house and here, your responsibility and okay, this is not a welcome situation in my house. And if he continues after being told that, then I'm blaming both of y'all. Sure, I'm supposed to go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, go ahead, like so, in real time, the three of you were sitting at a coffee table, Fatcho says that you reach and punch trap right in the face.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but that is a different it's your thought, Okay, okay, But what if he says, Okay, I'm not going to say it when I'm in Detroit, because that body.
Speaker 2: But he still says, although I will say I'm looking at the nigga sideways.
Speaker 3: Turn it off.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at whoever is with whatever nigga is with fact Joe, that is okay. This I'm looking at differently.
Speaker 1: And see, that's where I'm trying to stop you from doing. That's the point of this longer conversation. You can't look out of ignorance because the reason why you feel the power in you using the word is not the same reason why. None of us can explain why we use the word or why it's logical. All we know is we don't want anybody else. Well specifically, y'all don't want anybody else using the word except people that look like you. But that's not a common thing for all of us. We don't have that same You know, some people it's different because again, if you go to the west side of South Central, they don't grow up with Mexican people. I would imagine they would feel the same way. Like if you go to the six Os and the A trades, I would imagine they would, Well, the trades do have some mex not not masses, not like Watts, so they may feel the same way.
Speaker 5: Figure like when you're at a cultural event at La Merk Park a Mexican passing through, it's probably not gonna be like, no, the greatest.
Speaker 1: But but again, if he with his homeboys, right, because I'm sure it's Mexican guys from from forties, right, and he grew up with them his whole life, he talks.
Speaker 5: Just like because like forties would or at least support forties is big, but like port would go like Manual Art High School, right, that's.
Speaker 1: Like forty go from what do you go from? Roughly Vermont they say fig now but Vermont to Krisshaw. Yeah, so it's like second nature too. That's a crazy part is you just know it automatically. And I knew it at like twenty one.
Speaker 2: I've never grown up and been like, oh well, like it was a couple of hoods that we would have beef with, but it wasn't like I'm not going over to bag No Broad because these niggas live there.
Speaker 1: No, I ain't never not went nowhere to back No Broads until we got into an issue and they realized that they don't want me over there. But you go everywhere until people you know don't want you in their community till they'd be like, oh, we got a problem.
Speaker 5: But you go wherever it's at. You just rolling down Now, it's cool, guys. I'm just going over here to fuck your sister. I'll be out about an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. I mean, I don't believe jobs anyway, though. I believe if we went to some area in Detroit. We flew into Detroit and it's a bunch of niggas hanging out on the street that's from that community, and you just hop out your little car. Your car is like some kind of cultural iconic car. You know, you just walk in the house. He acted like niggas ain't feel like, well, he's just going to get some puts in the.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: That would be a max grow cultural things.
Speaker 1: You're missing the point.
Speaker 3: But you're missing the point.
Speaker 1: That's we just have titles for the community. Guys. It's the same thing. So if I go to somebody's community to mess with a woman, right specifically, and I come jump out of a nice car and I look, I look the culture, it's going to be some concerns. What's up with him?
Speaker 3: Who is who is that?
Speaker 1: Oh he gonna fuck with Shauna most likely Shauna probably is sleeping with somebody over.
Speaker 2: Here, and depending on my car, I might just leave.
Speaker 3: The hotel. See what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely not trusting that because she might be a set up.
Speaker 1: But y'alls trying to but we go hold this for the next conversation, because you try to put it off on us and make me think it's just a l a thing. But like I could go to Queens and just walk in Queen's Bridge, I'm just going to get some pussy.
Speaker 3: To do it before.
Speaker 2: But when I was younger, I was you know, we got a big family contingency in Chicago, so I'll go to Chicago every summer and like the gangs. One thing that struck me was how organized they were, but how much they ruled the neighborhood. Old people would not wear a certain coat because this was that gang coat. What the fuck somebody seventy years old supposed to be worried about gang.
Speaker 1: Shit for the crazy parties, You think they forced them versus those seven year old people feeling like they're part of the community and they don't want to wear it neither.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you cannot believe that, bro.
Speaker 1: It's the facts.
Speaker 2: It's not it's a fact, just getting being scared, but getting their ass whooped.
Speaker 1: That's not true. That's not true. You you really do not believe people buy into it. That's not in the infantry. That's like saying people who don't have family and service don't believe in American. They don't the Americans.
Speaker 2: It's niggas and wats that are not gang members that will go to any store anywhere. Yes, it is something. I'm absolutely certain that during I'll say this, during wartime, there are certain areas that your whole community will avoid because they know that particular area is on red alert for your particular gang.
Speaker 4: No, I'm telling you know what he's saying is like, yo, so if you're from a certain neighborhood right there, even if you're not with the gang, you know, not to go over to the other neighborhoods het, somebody gonna check you.
Speaker 1: Exactly where if the gang?
Speaker 2: No, No, what about what about what about the line?
Speaker 3: What about the line?
Speaker 4: What about the line that I mean, I don't know, I know about the line up there where your grandmother FuMB and all that, Like they check a niggas like that.
Speaker 1: That's only when you're like our age and they believe you're a part of a community. It's not because they really tripping on where your grandma from. They think you're being scary and now they're going to force you into being who you supposed to be.
Speaker 4: But what if you're not that though, that's what's gonna be working. You will get worked as if you are you know.
Speaker 1: Those if you if you really, if you really, it depends on how you are. If you a stand up man, if you're punk, they gonna That's the one thing that's kind of messy about humans is you know they they will continue to punk somebody, you know what I mean, if they can. It's just natural right. They ain't gotten to do with gangs. But if you are a man you like y'all, I ain't from nowhere, people gonna leave you alone. But if they think that you kind of cowering, like like you're from somewhere but you just don't want to tell us. Now, we're gonna press you where you're from. What are your mama's stay?
Speaker 5: If someone asks you if you're a big homie, they're not probably curious. They think you're a lying when you said you were from over there originally exactly, But you get.
Speaker 3: Out of that ship.
Speaker 2: By saying, you seem to think that that question is a normal question. I shouldn't have to tell something nigga walking down the street, where the fuck I'm from?
Speaker 1: I'm from?
Speaker 2: Where I'm from?
Speaker 1: Well depends.
Speaker 3: You could be. You could be, you could be, you.
Speaker 1: Could be a threat to someone's existence. That's why they're asking you where you're from. We don't like New York. We not like New York. What I'm saying, you know what I'm saying. Walking is a part of how you guys travel, like like culture. Travel is an important thing in culture, Like we travel as the low riders and ship like New York. People travel and they take you know, they got the trucks, jeeps, they got, they ride the train, they walk, that's the way they travel. So people walking through a community wouldn't be the same. Like you may be on your way to somebody, that's not how we travel in l A. If you're walking through somewhere or you're going somewhere over here, like you're not passing through, Like what's up with you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 3: And what do you do?
Speaker 1: What's your business here? That's a fair question.
Speaker 2: It is not.
Speaker 1: It is no, no, no, a fair question. Hey, I'm delivering mail, taking the rape through here.
Speaker 2: White guy in the suit walks down the street and they don't give him that same energy.
Speaker 1: By black guy in the suit walking down the street, nobody getting the same energy the police.
Speaker 2: You meet. But but the police just a threat as anybody else.
Speaker 3: Why you no serve and protect.
Speaker 7: To make a preemptive strike on this.
Speaker 1: It's a different type of threat, different type of threat, different types of.
Speaker 3: What he's saying though, But.
Speaker 1: It's also kind of I always say, that's like a lazily articulated point. If you're a black guy in the suit, nobody's gonna say nothing to you. Like it ain't just white guys in the suit. Like if you're a black guy in the male uniform, nobody gonna If you're black, for nobody say to you. If you're a black guy, that makes nobody you might got.
Speaker 3: To talk for you.
Speaker 2: Black guy doesn't get robbed, No, man, I got the track that sucked up big This.
Speaker 1: Got the tree for sure. He got some money. That guy and sue job. I swear, my god, man, the movies so messed up.
Speaker 2: When I when I come out there, boy, I better.
Speaker 1: I have to take you to the PJ to let you just see everybody.
Speaker 2: It's like a musical out there and.
Speaker 3: Music.
Speaker 1: You see how you did that though, You see how you went that for I took Pete this is I took Pete on the seven before.
Speaker 7: No, we'vever been over there, not you. Who I take somebody else?
Speaker 1: I gotta take Pete on the set.
Speaker 3: I know I've never been there before me.
Speaker 1: Who hood did we meet in? You didn't mean nobody hood? When doing what I forgot? Go ahead, go ahead, I'm chipping to take pizza.
Speaker 5: I will say, like the times I've been in spots I shouldn't have been and got like encounters. It's not like the energy is more so trying to feel out if I'm just not well. That was in Oakland, they used to that was the police hardest fucking Oakland on both sides.
Speaker 1: On both sides.
Speaker 7: It looks like I was about thirteen, so like.
Speaker 1: Young under undercover, you're a young undercover.
Speaker 5: But it's kind of the energy I get out of it is more so like trying to feel out if I'm just like the easiest come up in the world that just fell out of a helicopter lapping.
Speaker 1: Do you know where you're at. That's nigga favorite.
Speaker 2: That's for eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 5: It's more so like, do you know anybody here that's gonna get back at me? What I what I get all you have on you from you in about ten seconds.
Speaker 1: And that's not often that that's gonna be a particular but half a dozen eighty times right in my life again again jobs, No, it's not. It's not like a white person can be. If a white person wearing Diggies and Chucks, niggas is hitting him up jobs. If he dressed like a soldier, if he dressed like a trooper, niggas hitting him up jobs. Hey, where you're from, ain't nobody go back? Oh he's white, he's good. If he goes somewhere, If Pete goes somewhere, if he go to Inglewood, if you go to the if he go to the families and to the bottoms wearing some blue Chucks with some blue legs, some Diggies and a T shirt and the blue Dodger had, they are whooping his ass. The one thing about this game, shit, it is equal opportunity whoopings. They might whoop his ass worse. Yeah, I probably like also like there's certain ways that like like white ex cons always looks certain ones, yes, where I wouldn't want to look jo. I wouldn't want to dress just like they dress and just hop out at certain apartment buildings like that. Why I wouldn't want to do that. Jobs I'm telling you, if Pete went over there with some blue chucks to Inglewood with blue chucks, blue lights and dickies and and a white T shirt with a blue blue hat and the blue rag, they are.
Speaker 5: Whooping his ass. I think that whoop my ask for just for being like, they're not even gonna hit you up. They wouldn't, don't even they would think I was even a crypt They just be like, we just got to be.
Speaker 7: Was there a castle? Call over here?
Speaker 2: You go the regular neighborhood or the neighborhood organization? So who is this the regular citizens of the neighborhood or is this the neighborhood organization.
Speaker 1: It's just kind of like silent understandings.
Speaker 2: So some blind crippled nigga is beating Pete up.
Speaker 1: If Pete went somewhere dressed like that, it's gonna be little kids gonna whoop his ass. Why is that because they gonna look at him like the nerve of this motherfucker come over here dressed like a gang maker.
Speaker 5: It would be probably perceived as I'm flagrantly disrespecting.
Speaker 1: Their whole way of life, including black that first, and that's for sure, the gang rules.
Speaker 2: Of that neighborhood were transcending whatever community he's from.
Speaker 1: Gangs don't really have rules, though, Pete, Like, maybe like the Jungles have rules because of t Rogers rest in peace, but most gangs is kind of like these sub do unspoken, nuanced you know facts that you just know. I mean you you you just grow up like there's no true rules, like the same rules and regular any criminal lifestyle is the same in game making.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's an issing point you brought up though, because he was talking about Chicago and t Rogers is from Chicago, so that might be some you know, big difference between.
Speaker 1: To the recipes of the Homony the Big Mummy. It's like, yeah, it's it's again, and that's all I want you to do. Jobs. I guess that's all I want you to do. I just want you to understand that maybe you don't quite understand the dynamics like I understand why you don't want somebody calling you that because you're a brother. Like now I'm grown, I get it. I wouldn't even like I get it, But you would also have to understand why our dynamic is as close as it is. Like that's what I'm trying to give you information on the true dynamics of the relationship. So it's like you didn't grow up with no latinos, but then in Chicago sometimes they do too, right, So it's like you have to concede that there are some things you understand that don't mean can see that you let somebody else call that's not your person, that's not your guy. But I'm saying with you, saying you looking crazy at us. I'm just expressing to you why us is why we let this happen. I get it.
Speaker 2: And if I come out there, you know nobody.
Speaker 1: None of my homewies gonna that first start. They gonna look at you like a stranger. They're not gonna be like, what's up, money, They're not gonna talk to you like that. They don't know you, they're not gonna get they really say nothing. I'm be like this, Momi jobs, I'll be like what up. First off, they're not gonna give you too much energy at all. But you know, the more you funk with them, you'll realize it ain't that much. Like I said, it's not as different as you would imagine.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely wearing a suit too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to trust man, nobody gonna say that to you.
Speaker 7: Wear that.
Speaker 1: Might have to come rescue you.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Plus, you know, the trait gonna sound that different from l A neither, so they'll be looking at it like this nigga from around the a nigga, where you where your Grandma's? They gonna for sure you're gonna get away.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody about to ask me where my grandma? Ad?
Speaker 1: Where are you from? Are you from around here? From Detroit?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Detroit don't got no accent? Nigga, where's you from? You gotta come out there with some buffs on where Detroit had. They're gonna be like, he might get the trade, rob me take my buffs. Oh, this nigga is a lick, but sure they might think of that shit.
Speaker 2: I'm cool that we out here.
Speaker 1: They're looking out for tuning in to the Note Sellers podcast, Please do us a favorite subscribe rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast network and not heard Radio Yeah