Speaker 1: Second date up day day. We've all heard of the friend zone. Guys do not want to be put into the friend zone. Well, women also have a dating label that they fear. They don't want to become a weekday girl.
Speaker 2: What's done?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had not heard of this before, but apparently it's a thing in the dating world right now where if a guy only wants to hang out Monday through Friday, that means you're his safe weekday girl. He's got in his back pocket.
Speaker 2: So now nights then, yeah, Friday, he's free to.
Speaker 1: Use those fun weekends finding new, more intriguing women to try and play with. It is and that's why Sarah's emailed the show because she's worried after just one date she has been labeled a weekday girl.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's a date on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Sarah, Welcome to our weekday show. What is this guy's name and what day did you guys hang out?
Speaker 3: His name is Steve and it was a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Stay fair, you're not going to do a first day on weekend. You don't give up a weekend for it.
Speaker 1: Really, I'll do a Friday night, but will.
Speaker 2: Do anything I like. You had better plans than the first date on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well maybe it depends on what type of date you're doing during the weekday. You can make that kind of sexy. What did you and Steve do for your Wednesday date?
Speaker 3: I'm just going to own this right up front. I kind of messed up because I know I got a text when I was at the gym from him saying are you coming?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I mean almost, but no, I Jeff set.
Speaker 2: Up this whole thing, making it sound like he was the one putting out. You didn't even remember when you were supposed to go out with him?
Speaker 1: Oh, how long did you have to hustled?
Speaker 3: I hustled? I dropped everything.
Speaker 1: Oh but that's great. From the gym into the date, did you get a shower in?
Speaker 3: I did, like an emergency, like flash, you start his sweat again as you got in your car.
Speaker 2: I bet. I mean that's a thing like, yeah, you're still sweating while you're sitting down at the table.
Speaker 1: If you're hurrying trying to get ready, you're still rushing. Not a not a great way to start off this dately and coming straight from the gym. But what did he say when you finally got there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean when I got there, he wasn't there, so I thought that he had given up, like he was gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean it sounds like it took you a while.
Speaker 1: You can't be mad if you leave, you know, which you know, I know.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I mean he said he would be sitting in the window, and he was not in the window. So I sent him a text saying, oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Did you take off? Like I get it if you did, but I'm sorry, And he was like, oh no, no in the restroom, Oh oh oh, he.
Speaker 2: Was still there.
Speaker 1: It's weird that they put the tables in the restroom at this restaurant.
Speaker 2: So did you have a moment to collect yourself before he came out. I did.
Speaker 3: I figured out which table was his.
Speaker 1: Okay, just run into the bathroom and give him a hug. No where he's at.
Speaker 3: So I didn't do that, but I kind of I did something. I'm very I'm like myself because all his pictures he has glasses. He's so cute in his glasses, but his glasses were on the table. Okay, And I mean I told you I wasn't really looking my very best because it's how I kind of ran out of the gym. So I have a big handbag and I just live them in.
Speaker 2: What wait the did you just say you stole this glasses? Why would you steal them?
Speaker 3: It was more like borrowing because.
Speaker 1: You took them so he could lose them, and then you could be like these your or like you didn't want him to like see you as well in your disheveled state.
Speaker 3: This way I could put my best fay forward without having to have my best face on me.
Speaker 2: I didn't creak it too. You could see the bathroom and bath without them, so face.
Speaker 1: What happened when he came back to the table, well, you know.
Speaker 3: He said hello, and it was like quick cook, and then he had that moment of like, wait, we're are my glasses? So we went back to check the bathroom and he was looking around everywhere and he was asking you to cowner, and I went so the whole wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's he's spending all this time searching for them, and the whole time you're what just sitting there.
Speaker 3: Like I meann't all this time. It was like two or three minutes and then he's like you know what, I'm don't worry about the glasses later. Let's like sit and enjoy our time together. So we did. We had a great conversation. I mean, we get along so well.
Speaker 1: Did he compliment your sexy blurry looks at any point during that?
Speaker 3: Nobody complimented my awesome personality times he's like, I didn't know you were.
Speaker 1: A natural blonde or brown? Yeah, whatever you are.
Speaker 2: I'm so curious how you got these glasses back to down you. They're so.
Speaker 3: We wrap up our lovely cute little date. I kind of dilly dalied on my way to my car, and then I turned in his glasses.
Speaker 4: He left.
Speaker 1: You gave him back to the employees that worked there untilse he went back and like tried to find them again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he told me he gave them his number in case they turned out.
Speaker 1: Aren't you worried?
Speaker 2: Like when they called that they said, oh, the person you were with turned him in.
Speaker 3: I really think about that.
Speaker 1: You should have held onto them and been able to give them back, like kind of a Cinderella's glass slipper sort of deal. Yeah, that's what I just have all on the line. Drove home without glasses, and you said, your whole goal out of this date was to not end up a weekday girl. You wanted to get a weekend date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when we were wrapping up, I'd be like, oh my god. I was like, you know, it would be so great to see you this weekend, and he's like, yeah, that would be awesome. Oh and well nothing happened.
Speaker 2: Maybe Alexis is onto something when he was driving away he reranded somebody's car.
Speaker 1: Or maybe he's trying to call and text you but he can't see the contact information on his own phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's totally fair. I did suit him one text on Sunday just to be like, hey, hope you're having a great weekend, and then I didn't want to you know, you don't want to be the crazy one. So I love it that.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that you don't sound like guilty at all about taking his glass.
Speaker 3: I mean, you really just have one moment to make a first impression, and I wanted to put my best foot forward.
Speaker 1: Okay, and steal his personal belongings. That makes sense, so let's try and get it. It was a borrowing Yes, well let's come back. We're gonna call Steve for you. We'll see if he actually did find his glasses and then find out if he's willing to go out and give you one more try on hopefully a weekend date. We do not want you to end up a week day girl.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh if you meet the whole fan coming up. Let me do your second date update right after this second date update. You gotta live your life, no regrets, and our listener does not regret stealing her date's glasses off the table, just temporarily so that she would look better to him during their date. Okay, and technically worse, but he just wouldn't be able to make her out right, because it's kind of like.
Speaker 2: A monet, you know, it's like all a mess when you get up, but from far away looks fantastic beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the thing is she'd rushed straight from the gym to be there, so it's feeling a little bit disheveled, little musky and acted on impulse. Did that actually help? We don't know. It was definitely a risky move though from a very sweaty woman. But she did return his glasses to the cafe so they could return them to the owner, Steve. The question is should this be brought up to him if we're able to get him on the phone.
Speaker 2: Wait that his missing glasses are at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Know that she was the one who basically took them and then put them.
Speaker 2: If this was all about honesty, but this is about getting her a second. You're not going to date someone who does that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know how Sarah feels. I mean, it's really up to her. Sarah, do you want us to out you as the one who grabbed his glasses?
Speaker 3: I think that would be like a really cute thing to maybe come up on our first anniversary or Okay, yeah, in a.
Speaker 2: Year, you can call us back and then we'll take even longer than a year.
Speaker 1: Maybe on his deathbed you whisper it into his ear.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's like, so.
Speaker 1: We've decided we're not going to say anything about you taking the glasses. If you want to bring it up, that's going to be your decision.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is totally cool with me.
Speaker 1: All right, Now, let's call this guy and see if he picks up the phone. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're going to talk to Steve. Yes, Hey, Steve, this is about a radio show that you are currently on right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, Steve, my hands.
Speaker 2: Out, Okay, an awkward phone call. What's going on his Steve?
Speaker 1: Hey man, this is a it's a segment we do. It's called Second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners that went on a date with you to cafe recently.
Speaker 4: Those was just really strange to me. Okay, yeah, it is strange. We know.
Speaker 1: That's sorry. We heard about it's kind of a funny date with this girl named Sarah where during it you ended up losing your glasses.
Speaker 2: She said that you're looking everywhere for him after you got back from the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Huh, Yeah, I did lose my glasses. I really I can't really see that well with them. I would have liked to been able to see if they're a little better. And it was just as the strange at thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of weird for you to leave your glasses on the table if you can't see very well there. I mean, as someone who is like legit blind, yeah, not good.
Speaker 1: But I do appreciate a man that likes to take a risk in a bathroom, so I support that.
Speaker 2: I wonder there around the journals all the time.
Speaker 1: But you know, bathroom stuff is side. We we are wanting to know more about your actual date, Like if you had a good time, what did you think of Sarah?
Speaker 2: You're not calling her back and she just doesn't know why.
Speaker 4: I mean, I did have a good time with her. I just I would have liked to be able to see her better. I was kind of thrown off on my game.
Speaker 1: And okay, but of what you could make out of her? Did you like what you think you saw the silhouette?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thet was nice.
Speaker 1: That's a funny compliment. Guys, you can see.
Speaker 2: Better than that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean she seemed nice. She seemed very nice. I just to it was very disorienting to me, and it was it was a fun date.
Speaker 2: I thought, Okay, it'd probably be hard to like concentrate on the date if you're thinking about where are my glasses? What did I do with them? I mean, those are expensive.
Speaker 1: If you couldn't hear, well, you can't tell you.
Speaker 2: So maybe it wasn't even a good look at what your first date could have been with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's all the more reason that we want to help figure out what to do about her next date, Like, do you think there's a possibility that you might want to see her again given another chance with glasses on.
Speaker 4: So I mean, I mean, here's here's the awkward thing that happened is I I left the cafe, I didn't have my glasses, and I ended up getting a call from the cafe and someone said, oh, we found your glasses and oh that's great. Oh And so I asked them who found in them and they told me that it was the woman that I was at the cafe with. And I was confused as to who that would be because I actually talked to two women at the cafe. It wasn't just Sarah. There's also a girl before Sarah got there. Her name was Amanda.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you had another date before Sarah at the same restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did. What's the big deal?
Speaker 2: It just.
Speaker 1: Didn't We didn't realize that. And I don't know Sarah.
Speaker 2: Risky, like what if they at the same time or think she was really late?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'm an adult and that scheduled two different days. I didn't know that. I had to tell you everything in my story.
Speaker 1: How did Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay. So I asked them who turned them in and they said it was the girl that you were there with it, I said, well, with two girls. So I called Amanda before and she said, oh, I returned your glasses to them, and I said, oh my god, thank you for returning them. I would be lost without Wi.
Speaker 2: You call the first eight girl, not Sarah. You called Amanda.
Speaker 4: Well, I called Amanda first because I met with her beforehand.
Speaker 1: And the other girl said she found them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she said she returned them to the cafe. And I said, thank you very much, and you're really my hero, and oh kind of brought us together. So I called her for a second date.
Speaker 2: Oh so, because she was the hero that found the glasses, she got the second date in Sarah did reliable.
Speaker 4: So I didn't feel right about having a second date with Sarah when really I had a closer connection with Amanda.
Speaker 3: Because something because of them, because of Okay, there is all kinds of wrong with this, all kinds of wrong. We need to sort this out.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is really uncol well because that girl Wizard Nay Mandy or something, she's a liar.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, flat out. I'm sorry, Sarah, you sorry, That is Sarah, the other woman, the second woman you were out with.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're getting ganged up on. You know, this is really just an ambush. Here.
Speaker 1: See the way that this works is we have the woman listening on the other line to this conversation the entire time, so Sarah's heard the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Of course, Yeah, this is really you contacted me, so you have no one to blame but yourself.
Speaker 3: Really me, I don't think you really get the kind of person this other girl is because she totally lied to you. And I can prove it.
Speaker 2: Okay, But what do you improve it with Sarah? The second?
Speaker 1: How do we do this?
Speaker 3: If I have to?
Speaker 4: I asked you, look, prove it, Sarah.
Speaker 3: I can prove it because remember you sent me the text saying hey are you coming? And I was like, ohm, gee there any minute. I like was dashing from the gym and I was not looking my best.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, we just like really hit it off when we were messaging, and I wanted to make the best first impression I could. So when I got there, I saw your glasses on the table and I may have put them in my handbag.
Speaker 4: My glasses, How dare you do that?
Speaker 2: See? I think that she was hoping for the reaction of how dare Amanda lied to me?
Speaker 1: Barah, There's no way Amanda could have been the one that found them when they were inside Sarah's purse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm confused why Amanda was live, But why would you take my glasses and put them in your purse?
Speaker 2: I think you missed that first part where she didn't look good to impress you.
Speaker 4: You stole my glasses, borrowed No, I saw.
Speaker 2: That I gave them back.
Speaker 3: You have them. I don't see what the big deal is. I liked you enough that I wanted to really make sure I made a really good first impression.
Speaker 1: It's coming from a place of her liking you, I promise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's a good first impression. By me being blind not being able to see you.
Speaker 1: You can't butter him up.
Speaker 2: Really, it's kind of weird because now you're having to choose between either a thief or a liar when it comes to these two women.
Speaker 4: Do I want a relationship based on theft or Lyne?
Speaker 1: That's the choice you get to make here, because we'll offer to send you out on a date with the girl who borrowed your glasses, Sarah, who's on the phone right now and keep him back.
Speaker 4: I mean, this just is too ridiculous for words. How can I trust you with anything in front of me at this point that my paraglasses trust her.
Speaker 1: She's telling them you got back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amanda's still lying.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First date, she stole your glasses. The second date, she's going to steal your heart and give it to the people at the front desk of that cafe.
Speaker 4: This is just too strange for me. I appreciate the offers.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't care how strange it is for you. It's romantic for us. So I need a yes or no? Will you date Sarah? She's honest and we'll pay for the date now.
Speaker 2: She came from the gym.
Speaker 1: That's huge, man.
Speaker 4: As long as you probably not to steal anything of mine again, I guess.
Speaker 3: And I will not take anything of yours, however briefly. Ever, again, it's so cute.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna grow old together. Just gonna steal your hearing aids.
Speaker 1: It sounds like we're going to send you guys out on another date.
Speaker 2: Wait, what about you're gonna dump Amanda? Though?
Speaker 4: Right to have a conversation with her about lying.
Speaker 2: Not dumper, just Okay, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We never really got back to this, but it is interesting that the guy went on two dates with two different women in the same day at the same place.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he didn't think it was too interesting. Yeah, yeah, he was taking it more like business deals, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, no, wonder the people at the coffee shop weren't sure who turned in his glasses because most of their customers are there to date him. So take your pick. Like I was dating him too. I thought he was here for me.
Speaker 2: Was there was so much gossip at the restaurant about it. He's got a guy who hangs out for two hours at the shop.
Speaker 1: I think he's definitely gonna call that first girl, Amanda, But I don't think he's actually gonna have a long talk with her about honesty.
Speaker 2: No, you don't think so. You don't think that's what he's looking for in a relationship.
Speaker 1: No, I think he's just gonna date.
Speaker 2: You're the saying a guy who schedules two dates for one night at the same place isn't all about honesty.
Speaker 1: Weird, right, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty big assumption.
Speaker 1: Probably gonna end up dating Sarah too. He's gonna get both women. Yeah, him, he'll get a third somehow. Yeah. He's just good at what he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And even though we're not very good at what we do, we do have a lot of these podcasts, So go follow us on Apple, Spotify, wherever you get your podcast Approok and Jeffrey. We've got libraries full of these inspiring date stories and maybe you'll be inspired to get out there and date fourteen women at the same rest. There you go,