Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Proving you can never have too many Thanksgiving dinners. We have one today for Meet Friday, kind of a rehearsal for Thanksgiving. We have turkey, We have mashed potatoes and gravy stuff in green Bean Castle.
Speaker 3: Role has it better than we do? Nobody. Uh.
Speaker 2: Morale is high in New England with the Patriots. They won eight in a row. Last time they did that was twenty nineteen, Tom Brady's final year in New England. And yes it is the Jets, but the Jets had won two games in a row and the Patriots it wasn't a dominating as much as it was more methodical and Traveon Henderson scoring three touchdowns.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going to have a strong opinion about Drake May. We had Rob Gronkowski on and he said, you know, he kind of reminded me of Tom Brady. Easy there, easy there. But according to Draft Kings, Drake May is the leading candidate for the MVP with a little recency bias eight seven seven three DP show email address DP at dan Patrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show Dylan in the chair for Seaton who joined his last hour. He's in route to Vegas, which is where we will be next Thursday and Friday. Todd's here, Marvin Paula, yours truly in the back room, guys. Pull question for the final hour the program is going to be what well, quick recap of last hour?
Speaker 4: Dan, If you own a Drake May MVP ticket right now? Are you holding? Our selling? Fifty three percent are selling, but it's close, okay.
Speaker 2: So if I have one thousand dollars at six thousand.
Speaker 4: To one, right, it'd be sixty plus six thousand or sixty to one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So I could hold out for sixty thousand, or I could cash it for thirty thousand. Yeah, that's the option we're giving you.
Speaker 4: This is our scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm riding it. I'm riding it. I know, thirties a lot, sixties a lot more, and it's a great story.
Speaker 4: It's already is a lot until Drake May wins the MVP and it would have been sixty.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Do we have another poll question for the final hour of the program.
Speaker 4: We do, Dan, If you're an NBA star, which shoe brand are you signing with out of the gate Nike, Adidas, under Armour a new balance.
Speaker 2: You know who could help us with this. Pat Bench and sneaker reporter for Sports Illustrated, and he wrote an article today and had to do with Steph Curry and under Armoor have broken up. Kind of surprising this late inness career. Pat joins us now on the program. If you were, let's say, going into whatever sport and you could pick a shoe company right now, who would you pick?
Speaker 5: Hey, Dan, thanks for having me. It would depend on the sport. Honestly, I think the easy answer would be Nike because they're top dog in America, But it would certainly depend on the sport.
Speaker 2: Okay, explain what happened here with Steph Curry that the timing is kind of odd. I guess from the standpoint of later in his career, he's not going to be wired to wire here or close to it with under Armour.
Speaker 5: How come timing is incredibly odd? Just two years ago Under Armour launched kur I'm sorry. Five years ago under Armour launched Curry brand, and then in twenty twenty three they signed a long term deal which had the potential to be a lifetime contract. So we're two years into what could have been a lifetime contract, but under Armours undergoing major restructuring and then included spin off Curry Brand, so Curry Brand is independent. Stephen Curry and his sneaker company are now sneaker free agents. They'll be looking for a new home.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what they look like, and I don't know if under Armour has basketball other basketball shoes did did his shoes catch on.
Speaker 5: Mixed results? Mixed results? So this is the latest shoe he's wearing right now, Curry Series seven. We're still waiting on the Curry thirteen, which will be his signature shoe as part of a collaboration with under Armour. You know, I think they started off strong, but I don't know if they ever really recovered from a viral moment during the twenty sixteen NBA Finals his brother Seth wore these low talk Curry two lows and it was one of the first real moments, I want to say, on Twitter where it was like a sneaker viral moment, and I'm not sure if they ever recovered it. But the signature line certainly had its highlight moments and solid performance technology, and it's honestly a little sad to see it come to an end like this.
Speaker 2: Can we clear up the whole Nike you know situation where he has the meeting with Nike and I don't know what year it was. I did ask Steph about this and did somebody mispronounce his name? And was that enough for him to decide to go elsewhere? What is fact? What is fiction?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 2: Pat?
Speaker 5: I think we're only going to know from the people in that room. But Stephan started his career with Nike, played his first four seasons, and then his first contract came him to an end in twenty thirteen, and first pitch was with Nico Harrison, who was at the time a executive for Nike, had worked with Kobe Bryant and all these other big shots in the NBA, and apparently the meeting went terribly. Somebody mispronounced Stephan's name as Stephan. Nico denied that. However, there was also a power point which they copy and pasted Kevin Durant's information directly into Stephen's presentation. And Nico he's only spoken about this like once, I believe in a twenty twenty two podcasts, he didn't address the PowerPoint situation, but he did deny mispronouncing Stephan's name.
Speaker 2: But in retrospect, did Steph Curry make a mistake not staying with Nike.
Speaker 5: It's hard to say that because it was a perfect one to two punts. She had the failed Nike meeting, and then under Armour came in and offered way more money. Under Armour offered four million to Nikes two and a half million plus a signature shoe deal. Keep in mind, Stephan Curry wasn't Stephan Curry at that time. There were no major awards, no championships, and he was battling ankle injuries. So it was a major investment, a major gamble by under Armour, and it paid off in the short term. But here we are more than a decade later, and maybe it didn't pay off in the long term.
Speaker 2: How attractive is Steph Curry on the open market at this stage of his career.
Speaker 5: Incredibly attractive because it doesn't even matter his NBA career could tomorrow, There's still going to be brands that want to sign him. We've seen this with other athletes, with Roger Federer leaving Nike for starting his own business or investing heavily and on. So even if Deon Sanders went from Nike under armoured Nike. So even after Stephan's done playing basketball, he's going to be one of the biggest names in the footwear industry. So he could take Curry brand. He could find some investors. You know, he's in San Francisco. I'm sure there's plenty of tech money out there that can invest in his company. Or he could partner with an existing brand. I think it's too late for us to see the Nike Curry One or the Adidas Curry One, but they're certainly Chinese brands that would immediately turn around a signature shoe for Curry in no time.
Speaker 3: Give me the most popular basketball shoes.
Speaker 5: Now, Kobe Bryant's Restro Nike basketball shoes.
Speaker 3: That's number one.
Speaker 5: That's number one. It's not even close. For current active players, it's an exciting season. There are three real big players you need to watch. Anthony Edwards with Adidas Shake Gil Just Alexander with Converse, John Morant with Nike. Those are the three that you really want to watch this season. They're really battling out and with the holiday season shaping up, lots of jockeying, lots of marketing, it's really been fun to watch for US sneaker nerds.
Speaker 2: But you got Sabrina iyron Escue. Her shoe model is very popular. Is Caitlin Clark in that stratosphere?
Speaker 5: Sabrina has been an absolute trailblazer. Hershoe has transhimitted women's basketball and it's the first women's shoe that has been popular for men to wear, and that led to Asia Wilson's first signature shoe being a smash hit. Kaitlyn Clark's first signature shoe does not come out until twenty twenty six. In the meantime, she's getting player exclusive color ways from Kobe Bryant's Nike line, which in itself is a high honor. But yeah, next year, the Kaitlyn Clark's first signature Nike basketball shoe is going to be massive. So that's that's gonna be something really exciting to follow in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Does Michael Jordan's estate get paid when Michael Jordan's gone?
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, so forever.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I mean I'm not entirely sure with like the intricacies of his contract, but absolutely, Like there are royalties and Jordan brand is deeply tied to Nikes, So yeah, that's going to go on forever. As long as the sign continues to rise. Each day, Jordan's will sell and the Jordan's the state will make money.
Speaker 3: What's the worst shoe?
Speaker 5: What's the worst shoe?
Speaker 3: Like the biggest failure?
Speaker 5: Oh goodness, Well, you know what. Instead of naming an active player, let's look back at Kobe Bryant's third signature shoe with Adidas that was never released. Following the two thousand and two NBA Finals, Kobe Bryant traveled to Germany and had an acrimonious breakup with the company, bought his way out of the company and said, you know what, y'all keep that third shoe and I'm going to just be a sneaker free agent for the following season. And I think he wore over one hundred different shoes, flirted with Rebock Jordan brand, but at the end of the day, it was Nike and that turned out to make history.
Speaker 3: Do you have that shoe?
Speaker 5: No, I don't have the Kobe three. It never released. However, there are collectors that have the prototype and Adidas has since re released Kobe's old shoes rebranded, which is something to watch because circling back to under Armour and Curry brand. Under Armour earned owned Curry Brown logo, and I'm guessing the footwear catalog as well. So I'm not sure how the legal breakup went, and maybe Curry gets that in the divorce, but that's gonna be something I'm sure they've negotiated and that'll be something to follow up. Who gets the Curry logo, who gets the twelve thirteen signature shoes? So that's gonna be something really really interesting to follow over the next year. I'm sure we'll find out more.
Speaker 2: And new balance to spend a lot of money here with some big name athletes. Is it paid off?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think so. They have Cooper Flag in the NBA, They've got Cameron Brink in the WNBA, They've got Josh Allen in the NFL, Hey Shohey Otani in Major League Baseball. So yeah, they've got it going on. They've really got a very talented roster Cocoa Golf in tennis, so and when they want to, they can market at a very high level. I think they missed an opportunity with Otani in the World Series, but just last night they dropped some gear for his MVP Awards, So New Balance is fine. They're exciting and they've gotten an incredibly talented roster.
Speaker 2: Pat, thanks for joining us. We appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: That's Pat Benson, sneaker reporter for Sports Illustrated Kicks on SI. That's pretty cool, Joe. Yeah, I remember growing up that I couldn't afford certain shoes, but I would wait till somebody was done with those shoes and then I would add. So I wore a pair of size fifteen Adidas.
Speaker 3: High Top Adidas.
Speaker 2: And they belonged to Donnie May who played it Dayton played in the NBA, and I remember we played a pickup game and he had the pro high Top Adidas with gold stripes, and I asked him if I could have his shoes. I think they were size fifteen and I wear an eleven and a half, so you can imagine, but they were so good. And then I remember that there was a point guard at Eastern Kentucky Tyrone two small Jones out of DC, and he had a size nine and a half shoe and they were converse with just the one star in the middle on both sides, and I asked him if I could have a pair of his, So.
Speaker 3: I had nine and a half.
Speaker 2: I had size fifteen, and I was collecting sneakers, but they were somebody else's sneakers, which I wouldn't recommend. But you know, at the time, those were pretty cool shoes.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marvin, when you started making money, did you buy a pair of shoes like, man, I really wanted these when I was a kid, because I do that now.
Speaker 2: I bought the Adidas Superstars. I bought a pair that They're white with green stripes, low cut, but I don't remember. I wore Converse high tops throughout my career those Adidas. Once again. You know the guy who created the Adidas the Superstars, I think he's ninety and somebody reached out. They listened to the show and they said, this guy's still alive. If you want to talk to the guy who created the Adidas Superstars, I'm like, no, I just appreciate, you know, his.
Speaker 3: Work of art.
Speaker 2: There great shoes, gorgeous shoes to me, best shoes ever made.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Point, there are so many things that become collectibles that you would have no idea at the time would become collectibles in nineteen eighty fourty five. If you said Michael Jordan's first shoes, first couple of shoes. You should stick them in a box and put them away and never use them or crease them forever. You would never think that the shoe industry never hadn't taken off yet. Can you imagine if someone no one would have the wherewithal to think of that ahead of them.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, but those Nikes, those mics that I have back there, now, those are like recreation.
Speaker 9: It's a replica, replica, exact replica.
Speaker 3: But are they worth anything?
Speaker 9: No, well not no, but they're not original issue from nineteen eighty four, nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I have so much stuff in this place. I got Barry Sanders autographed shoes over there. I'm guessing those.
Speaker 3: Are worth something a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got Sergio Garcia autographed shoes. I think they're worth something, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 4: Well, they're like they'll re release shoes like periodically, so like the Jordan ones that are there, they've re released those countless times, and like that doesn't mean they're not worth something. But obviously if you have original ones from eighty five, those are oh okay, worth a lot. But like they last year, they re released Ken Griffy's shoe with Nike.
Speaker 2: Oh, the air Griffy you know the Kobe brand though that is stayed hot.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marv, Yeah, there's these shoes, the Kobe Grinches those things and Dylan knows what those are. It is unbelievable what those shoes go for on the open market, like, look, I'll buy them from Nike dot com for one hundred and sixty dollars, Like, hey, how do you much would how much do you want to sell these for?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I want to pay my mortgage this month and people will buy you. They're grinches, yep, grinch color. They were green lime green, mm.
Speaker 3: Hmm yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: Pulling About four years ago, there was an auction for Michael Jordan's Year one shoes, the first Nike shoes that were white, red and black, and they were game used and autographed, so that really stokes it up as much as you can. But they got creases because they were game used. Went for five hundred and sixty thousand dollars five years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm surprised it didn't go for more.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they're saying these shoes that was a good investment.
Speaker 2: Well, I go back to when I was covering the Bulls with those NBA Finals, those championships and every single game clinching win by the Bulls. When Mike won a championship, he signed his shoes, and you know, the PR person for the Bulls came in and got those shoes. Mike siging. When he hits the shot against the Utah Jazz. He comes in, he's got a cigar, he's got basketball. He takes his shoes off when he's sitting down on Sports Center and we're going to do an interview, and the Bulls person came in and Mike signed those shoes right in front of me.
Speaker 3: So I saw that happening.
Speaker 2: And those shoes probably worth a couple of million dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, Pauline, Uh yeah, you're right.
Speaker 9: They sold in twenty twenty four. I think we talked about this briefly. Tim Hallam had six pairs of Michael Jordan game used NBA Final shoes for the six were autographed by Jordan. He put them away and sold him as the entire batch four eight million dollars, eight million dollars.
Speaker 3: But I saw that last pair.
Speaker 2: I saw right in front of me, and Mike is covered with champagne shirt tails out and he's in his socks, He's got his shoes. He signs the shoes. He's got this big Cuban cigar. Phil Jackson sitting to the right of me. He's going to come on right after Mike. And I remember Tim came in and Mike signed him, and I didn't think anything of it until I saw them up for sale and I go, I think Tim's going to make some money, yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 9: In the interview, Tim Hallam said he asked Jordan for one of his two shoes after the first title. Jordan game both and autographed it the next year. Hallam didn't bring it up. Jordan said, we have a tradition and being somewhat superstitious, Michael Jordan gave him again to tell malm and continue to do so.
Speaker 2: And you know, Mike would always say with every NBA Finals, I'll come in and talk to you after I win the title. He would say that. He would say that from the beginning. He didn't say if we win. He said, when we win, I'll come in and I'll do the interview with you on Sports Center. Because we didn't ask for him if they would win Game three or game five, it would be, and he never went to game seven, so you'd get a Game six. And then Mike came in every single time he said, I told you I would do it when we win, and he would always come in. All right, run a little bit late here, let's take a break here. Back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: On YouTube, subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 3: Someone is guilty, No one is.
Speaker 2: In the new drama series All Her Fault Is seemingly perfect, families world is shattered when their young son goes missing, streaming now only on Peacock, and I believe Sarah Snook is the star. She was in succession. What was her name in succession, Shiv Shiv Chivan. Yes, yes, yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: You kind of had a little pat summer Ale Murder, she wrote, yeah, and on there were your voice and that's a compliment.
Speaker 2: Let me try that. Someone is guilty and no one is innocent. The new drama series All Her Fault Murder, She wrote that summer, by the way, got my haircut yesterday. No, no, I mean, you know, I go to a woman right around the corner from the man Cave. Known her a long time, so I'm in there and uh, just having conversation youah blah blah blah. Then she goes, where'd you get your eyes done? And I said, like, I had laser surgery. And then she goes, no, no, no, like cosmetic surgery. I go, wait, you think I got surgery. She goes, you had something done. I go, no, I didn't. I'm not getting anything done. But I you know, I guess it was a compliment, but it was just weird. I go, I said, Lisa, I haven't anything done. She goes, well, I'm going to do my eyelids. I just figured you went to a good doctor and it looks great. I said, I didn't get anything done. And then all of a sudden there's other of the you know women who cut hair. They're over there going but looks like it. You know, I said I didn't get anything done. They said, well, your skin looks really nice. What do you do? And I said, I just drink beer. I don't know. They go okay, So I'm sure that they're sitting there gossiping about that I had something done and I didn't want to admit to it.
Speaker 9: Yes, baumy two things. I think it's a compliment, but it's also lightly improper to say yes. But I think maybe you should go back to barbershops. Bros don't talk like that at barbaras. Bros want to know about the pitching rotation for the Mets. They won't ask you what work you now.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk sports, though. I'm okay with girl talk.
Speaker 9: You girls, Yes, I love it, Oh, okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, cocktails, talking about you know, silly things, real housewives. By the way, I watched Basketball Wives again last night. I don't know whenever I stumble upon it, you know, YouTube, will put your favorites up there. They've got basketball wives up there.
Speaker 9: I would really like to see your favorites.
Speaker 2: Th I know, Oh my gosh, there's some there's some ones up there where you go. Okay, here's another one. Uh. I watched this game the Hawks and the Jazz. Jalen Johnson had thirty one eighteen fourteen and seven steam wills last night. By the way, he's a really good kind of quiet player, really good two way player. So just give you an idea of what I was watching aside from football.
Speaker 9: Yes, I can't let you break down Hawks Jazz on weekend.
Speaker 2: You're right, my beat, my bet. But with my new cosmetic surgery, yes, dyling, I always thought you.
Speaker 4: Got your butt done. I didn't know about that.
Speaker 7: Well that he did there.
Speaker 2: He'll never the Brazilian butt lifts to live to tell about. You know, in my family, the older you get, the less you know, but you have like you know.
Speaker 7: You stopped that.
Speaker 3: I stopped it. You were like, I'll get it done. I'm going to get a Brazilian butt.
Speaker 4: Lift bringing the wagon back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they want, that's what the ladies want to see.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you could get an eye job.
Speaker 3: Well you can, I guess lifts or boatox.
Speaker 4: I guess maybe liked denial.
Speaker 3: Yes, Martin, your skin looks good. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Money is the best lotion.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I you know how I am with needles. I've passed out when i've you know, given blood. So I couldn't imagine there'd be like like botox when I see that, and I'm like, no, I'm not going to get any eye lift done or any of.
Speaker 4: That stuff, needles in the face.
Speaker 3: Yes, Todd, were you more flattered or did you feel more like?
Speaker 10: Wow, that's pretty acusatory that she would just assume that if you're even going to bring it up at all, why would you say did you as opposed to just assuming you did well?
Speaker 2: She she whispered to me, She's like, uh so, where'd you get your work done? I said, what work? And then she then I got kind of louder because I'm like, I didn't get anything done. Now the other there's two other hairdressers. They turn around and then now they're like and then now everybody's got an opinion.
Speaker 7: Well, you made a scene by yelling.
Speaker 3: Well, it could have just whispered back. I didn't do anything, okay, but she wasn't believing me.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean I think that Isn't that the fallacy of plastic surgeries. It's like you're not supposed to be able to tell, but you always can.
Speaker 2: No, there's some that are well, okay, Martha Stewart, she looks incredible.
Speaker 9: This is selling her out.
Speaker 2: No, she's admitted. Chris Jenner. Chris Jenner looks unbelievable.
Speaker 4: That's almost like too weird. The Chris. She looks like she's like seventeen, and she looks as young as her daughter's.
Speaker 10: Yes, time, I watch a lot of Wheel of Fortune, Seacrest eyes for hiding behind the Hey, if you do it, I'm not accusing and I and if you do it, good for you.
Speaker 3: Whatever makes you feel it does that.
Speaker 10: It bothers me a little bit, like to like deny it if if you did it, and you're like no, Just like with weight loss, if you're taking something, what's the big deal?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just eat apples and kale.
Speaker 2: And well, people don't you know, say I'm taking ozempic.
Speaker 3: They're like, no, I started a new workout regime, so you.
Speaker 7: Lost forty pounds or two months?
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 7: I gotta get all that diet.
Speaker 4: Yes, Dylan, when I get my Turkish hair transplant, I will be very vocal about I like it where it came from.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, it's better be happening soon. I've got a couple of years left. If I wear a hat, you have no idea, But I do have an idea. Yeah, trucker hat doesn't work. To Fritzy is rooting for your hairline.
Speaker 3: You're catching Fritzy here.
Speaker 7: I don't have to be in the last place all the time.
Speaker 2: How about most must win a game of the weekend. Who wants to play first? Who's got the old Todd's got his hand?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 10: The five and four Steelers have lost three of their last four games. They don't get things right at home versus the Bengals, or they're gonna start sliding in the division on the conference.
Speaker 2: All right, Dylan, the most must win game of the weekend, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Go Buffalo Bills hosting the Bucks and the division slipping away from them, and the Pats aren't slowing down.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: Marvin the Texas Longhorns against Georgia. They got to stay in the playoff hunt, so that he got to win the game.
Speaker 9: PAULI he took my Longhorn. So I'm gonna pivot to the Miami Dolphins in Madrid, facing a wounded commander's team. If somehow the Dolphins can win a couple can he save his job?
Speaker 5: That's big thing.
Speaker 2: I don't because I don't think they have a tough schedule right, Like, there's three games they could actually win.
Speaker 9: They could get to eight wins this year.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're bringing in a new GM, the GM unless you say you get the job. But you got to take the coach and the quarterback. My most must win game of the weekend is, of course, Notre Dame. Notre Dame is a twelve and a half point favorite at Pitt. They're begging you. Doesn't this feel like they're begging you to take Pitt Dylan twelve and a half at home.
Speaker 4: If they are at work, because I took it and a half. I think Notre Dame wins pit covers.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's the most must win game of the weekend.
Speaker 3: How about who had the best week in sports?
Speaker 10: Todd Recncy Bias, Drake May and the Patriots eight straight wins. They've won two of their last in the last four days. Alone currently the number one seed in the AFC at nine and two.
Speaker 4: Dylan FC Tulsa Dan. They had a big one nothing win against the one nil one nil on last weekend over some team that I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're channeling Seating with the little soccer?
Speaker 4: Is it working?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Great?
Speaker 8: Marvin Aeron Judge won his third MVP and he is officially cemented as a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 9: All right, Paul, last year and the year before, they're discussing replacements for this guy, Matthew Stafford. He's now at twenty five touchdowns and two picks at age thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Danny in Salt Lake, Good morning, Danny, what's on your mind? Hey Danny?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Danny Fresh in Milwaukee? Hi Fresh, what's up?
Speaker 11: DP and the Danny. He got a small bone to pick with the NBA and want to give a big shout out to the Sandman after word. But the bone to pick is Matt McClung, three time dump champion, single handily keeping the All Star Game going out of the NBA again. I mean, come on, can we give him yan his brother's position.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a famous dad or a famous brother. That's the problem with Mac, but thank you fresh. Uh, Mike and Saint Louis. Hi, Mike, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: He again, tell you guys do good great.
Speaker 12: Uh just want to send me back to Aaron Judge. I think it's a little a known fact, but Aaron Judge has a secret batty coach. His name is Richard Schick. They call him teach out here at Saint Peter's and uh just goes back, I say seventy eight nine years and he's worked with him and basically teach would always teach all the kids here. Team went, he's not very good. You did play baseball at Truman, but he tried to find out what makes a good swing and he studied very Bonds. He because that's the best guy said that swing. So basically he took Bonds a swing, taught everybody and taught Judge. And he's a Finnish coach and he always tells when he's struggling. Now the last two three years, Judge isn't waiting to be struggling when he's like tuning them up now like every two weeks, so he doesn't get any bad habits.
Speaker 2: Well, and thank you you got your plug in for your guy there in Saint Louis. But Aaron Judge is cut down on pitches that are outside the strikes and like he's limiting the pitches he'll go after. And that's really important because when you're younger, you know, it's more free thinking, free swinging. And I mean, nobody mastered it like Bonds did that. There was a window there and that was it. He wasn't touching anything outside and if he did touch it, it was gone.
Speaker 3: Brandy and Iowa. Hi, Brandy, welcome back, Hey.
Speaker 6: Dan, thanks for taking my call. Hey, I was watching the Shoe Hart and I had a quick Air Force one story. I'm a senior in eighty five eighty six. I beg to get the Air Force ones, not just the white ones. I had to get the red, white, and black ones. Wear them through my senior year. They're super cool to wear. I'm done with playing basketball and that summer I grew up in rural Iowa. I actually wore my Air Force ones to walk beans all that summer towards the end of the year. And every time I go down there, and I was just down we go by that field. Every single time, I'm reminded by my buddy, Hey, you remember when you walk beans in those Air Force ones, I bet you wish you had those red, white and black ones.
Speaker 3: Back again, what do you mean walk walking beans.
Speaker 6: So they grow beanfields? And back back in the day before things changed, we used to hire crews and you would walk the beanbros cutting out the weeds individually with machete.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, uh thank you, Brandy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I got shoes, I played in the shoes like I never, and I have friends that they get them and then they do like sebtle Fan, They just wrap up the shoes. They don't even open up the box. I got a friend who does that with watches. He buys all these rolexes, he does not wear them. He's got a safe that's six feet high full of rolllexes.
Speaker 9: What'ses that dress?
Speaker 2: It doesn't wear them. He probably has a watch collection that would rival John Mayer, and John Mayer probably has as good a watch collection of anybody in America. And this guy just buys high end watches and then he doesn't wear them.
Speaker 3: I go why he goes? I mean, it's really a sickness.
Speaker 2: Like he has to have these watches, but he doesn't wear them.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marv, I feel bad because I've passed on kind of not a sneaker addiction. But so in twenty fourteen, my wife was pregnant, I bought shoes that you know, Lorenzo, my son he's fitting into now. I bought them in twenty fourteen, and now his teacher was like, where'd you get those? He's like, I don't know, my dad got him. I was again in twenty fourteen, like you just want those things because it is depressing to buy a pair of shoes like, man, I may never get these ever again. So when the retros started re releasing shoes like Jordan and Nike, yes, because I wanted these shoes when I was nine and now I can have them again. So it is nostalgics undefeated. So that's why Jordan does so.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you're making too much money here?
Speaker 3: What's that? Now?
Speaker 2: I'm all right, how about we take a break here. It's a meat Friday. I'm looking out in uh Tragerville and the turkey is coming out of the tragger. So let's head out there. We'll take a break, and we'll be back. Last call for phone calls. What we learned after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Last call for phone calls, what we learned, what's in store for Monday? I think Paul Skeens is going to join us next week at some point and we can put to bed the did you actually say to a teammate you wanted to go to the Yankees like it? I don't know if he would tell me, but he probably just canceled his appearance there. But Paul Skeen set to join us now sometime next week as well.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll sneak in a couple more phone calls. This day in sports history, PAULI has an MVP quiz? Do you want to explain the parameters, the rules of the mb By the way, the turkey? That turkey will be better than the turkey that we are going to probably have for Thanksgiving? Now, no names, but wow, Dylan, you did a great job with that.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how much work.
Speaker 2: You did, but I will say that the the Tragger Girls did a wonderful job as well.
Speaker 4: I have been sitting in here most of the day. I have some help.
Speaker 2: You did a great job. Yeah, that's really good, really good. I mean you're like most valuable backroom guy. You're the leader in the clubhouse.
Speaker 4: Making a compelling case.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, this would be a first.
Speaker 4: I think. I don't think I've won it yet.
Speaker 2: No, there's still, you know, time for you to lose. I think it's yours to win most Valuable backroom Guy.
Speaker 4: That's I feel like the Jets, it's mine to lose.
Speaker 3: Yes, Todd, he's.
Speaker 10: Doing like multiple podcast things. You're doing something with me. He's got the thing with you, Shay. He's got a lot of stuff cooking.
Speaker 2: And I know he's a valuable addition, valuable addition, Seaton.
Speaker 3: Who oh, no to well, Todd wants that Dylan back there instead of seating.
Speaker 10: All I said was he's Oh, it's like one hundred pcent of the time, made a good movie.
Speaker 7: That's all I said.
Speaker 3: I said, who would you rather have Dylan?
Speaker 2: Her sat? And and you said Dylan, Well.
Speaker 10: Especially this week because I got a cold and everything, I'm under the weather, so I can't deal with us.
Speaker 7: If anyone's looking to kind of wrestle a little bit of what is the.
Speaker 9: MVP quiz quick quiz dan if Drake May wins an MVP in his second season, how many players in any sport NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA have won an MVP in their first two seasons. Let's start with NBA. Wow, there is nobody in the modern era.
Speaker 5: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, didn't Wes Unsell win Rookie of the Year in MVP?
Speaker 9: Okay, they're all nineteen seventy one or earlier. Welt Chamberlain Well Chamberlain first season and second season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The others are Bob Pettitt, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
Speaker 3: Okay, right.
Speaker 9: Major League Baseball, there's been three who won the MVP in their first two full seasons. Wow, these are tough.
Speaker 3: What what years are we talking? Nineteen seventy five, seventy five?
Speaker 9: Freddy Lynn red line is correct, two thousand and one and this was controversial.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marchiro Echiro's right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: This one is twenty sixteen. He hasn't done a ton since then.
Speaker 3: Marvin Chris Bryant.
Speaker 9: Chris bryan Wow, sweet, look Marvin cheating NFL. There's been a bunch, not a bunch, a good amount. The first guy to do. It was Jim Brown. He won MVP as a rookie and in the second season and basically seven of his other nine seasons. Yeah, but all of them are from nineteen seventy nine until twenty nineteen. M vps in their first two seasons. Patrick Mahomes yep, Lamar yep, how many more? Three more more?
Speaker 3: Yes, Marv Marino yep.
Speaker 9: Nineteen eighty four. The other two were nineteen seventy nine and nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Nine, seventy nine and ninety nine. Yes, Marv.
Speaker 9: Kurt Warner Kurt Warner nineteen nine nine correct, seventy nine. The hint he's running back had his first few years were out of this world. Earl Campbell of Texas second season. All right, those are MVPs in your first and second year.
Speaker 2: Quinn, It is fun. Slightly fun, Yeah, lightly fun. Going into the weekend here Ryan in Montana?
Speaker 13: Hi, Ryan, Hey, Dan, how are we doing?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 12: Second time?
Speaker 13: Long time five six and sicker than a snicker won seventy five. Hey, So quick question. I know you guys are headed out to Vegas here pretty soon, and if memory serves, I think that was the deadline or finish line. If you will for the jacked Off competition. Haven't heard anything about that in a while. I'm just wonder if that's still a thing and if we got a leader in the clubouts.
Speaker 2: I don't any I don't think anybody got jacked because that was going to be the jacked off contest, and I think Marvin's the only one that was kind of getting in shape doing You were skipping rope.
Speaker 8: So I've lost twelve pounds, but you can't.
Speaker 7: You can't see nice.
Speaker 4: I am undoubtedly fatter than you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are so yeah, Ryan, I don't think anybody took it seriously, which is pretty much true to form.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: There will be room for audience on Thursday and Friday at the Fountain Blue six to nine am local time if you would like to join us in Las Vegas. The big german who's on the road taking the TV truck out there, said to me yesterday that we can have no audience there if you'd like to get up that early.
Speaker 3: Danny and salt Lake, let's try it again.
Speaker 14: Danny, Hello, Hey, thanks for thanks for taking me back. I was on row one of Game six of the nineteen ninety eight finals with Jordan's last shot and if you look at the Jordan's fantous lash shot, you look next to Karl Malone's head. I'm the one directly to the right of him. But I have I went with the owner of the Ukah Jazz to that game. So I have a full VIP row one ticket to that game that's in mint condition. And I was looking up what the value of this would be and if Jordan, if Jordan were to sign this ticket, it says it would be worth about two to five million dollars just because I have that ticket. It's the only there's no other full tickets. Plus I have all of the passes to all access passes.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you just split it with Jordan?
Speaker 14: Well, if anybody can, Hey, Dan, I'll put it with you if you can get Jordan to sign it.
Speaker 2: All right, let me work on that, Thank you, Danny, among the other things that I have to do. Todd, would you learn today.
Speaker 10: Lucciano and Brooklyn wrapped up his house arrest. He's off provision. Now I'll have to call into the show again.
Speaker 4: Uh, Dylan, Dan Patrick Rikers Island Sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Marvin Gronk retired from Kegstance Hall.
Speaker 9: Grock never disappoints.
Speaker 10: What did I learn, tod We all learned you had your eyes done, but just still won't admit it to the barbershop.
Speaker 2: I don't have any come from jay Lab as the best audio products in the game. They also have great ambassadors, including Fernando Mendoza of Indiana. Go to jaylab dot com promo code Dan for twenty percent off these great products. Find him on Amazon or look for the blue box at a retailer near you. Jaylab dot com have a great weekend, everybody. We'll talk to you on Monday.