Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just you. You'll more Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, we are back for another episode of Bunhead Season one, Episode five, Money for Nothing.
Speaker 1: Air date.
Speaker 2: My birthday July sixteenth, twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: July sixteenth of twenty twelve. Were you alive? Yes? You were?
Speaker 2: I was alive.
Speaker 1: You were you born? Were you? Were you born?
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety? So does that make me twenty two years old?
Speaker 1: You're born a year old nineteen ninetyh Yeah. So here's what I'll say, just right off the gate.
Speaker 2: This is a better episode, but there's so much Gilmore on it.
Speaker 1: I know this is this is a way better. Yes, we have a lot to talk about. Yeah, one and two were really good, Three and four were kind of not bad. But man, and this was really good. Again. I'm like, this is why I like the show, And I have a theory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the reason why I personally feel like I liked the show was because of the gilmoursms slapping me across the face.
Speaker 2: So I think that's.
Speaker 1: Fel My reason may be that it's just a different take on it. Is that we have more of the girls. We had a lot more of the younger girls together. I love Boo getting the guy a little bit, do you know what I mean? Like I like sort of seeing the Sasha character sort of like show her cards a little bit where she's sort of like, you know, frustrated or yeah, Jock disappointed all the things.
Speaker 3: Well, she's also what I liked about it is she's finally not the best one in this episode, like she's always.
Speaker 1: I really like the relationship between the girls. I almost think the only real awkward part in this episode was maybe when Michelle comes over to their table. It was it was enjoyable, but it was a little awkward.
Speaker 2: Oh. I had one cringe moment when with the fries.
Speaker 3: The manager told her to jump on the on the trash and was like, you need to jump higher, but you're all into it and she was like kept jumping on the trash and he.
Speaker 2: Was like, uh, are you do you have a boyfriend? I'm like, that is kind of gross.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that I found I found that still kind of amusing.
Speaker 2: Oh I was like, ill cringe.
Speaker 1: I didn't I really didn't mind any of it. I mean, there was a couple of cringey moments, but for the most.
Speaker 2: Part, this was a much better episode.
Speaker 1: I giggled with the possum. I'm not gonna lie when that thing was on. First of all, best possum acting I've ever seen in my life. I don't know if that was an animatronic possum, so that.
Speaker 2: One that looked like a real possum.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I am the odd man out here. I think possums are the cutest, one of the cutest creatures ever.
Speaker 1: I think possum was cute until it.
Speaker 3: I know, even when they get crazy, I think there's so cute.
Speaker 2: I I have a soft spot for posish do I.
Speaker 1: Have a hard time with rodents in general because I've had a couple incidents And I'm only going to tell it because the trauma I have experienced with rodents is pretty massive. They like your house. Well, first of all, do you know about this time I slept with a chipmunk?
Speaker 2: Yes, you've thought you'd said that on the podcast?
Speaker 1: Have I told the story? It's so I won't repeat it. Go back and listen to every episode to find it. It was so traumatizing. And then guys, I ever wrapped my attic like I can hear it. I have three exterminators doing everything they can. I live like kind of out in a golf course golf cart.
Speaker 2: You have golf course adjacent.
Speaker 1: I love golf course adjacent. Yes, there are golf carts and there's a lot of animals. I got turkeys, like turkeys in the yard, a lot, dear. But I can hear hear this critter. I can hear where it goes in. I can hear it go up, and I can hear it in my attic. And they thought they got it. They thought they blocked it because we get rid of them. But then some things happen and they find a new way in and it's terrible. Like every morning I'm like, oh my gosh. And they've assured me they can't get into the house, but I gotta have another guy come out next week. It's like science, like they are sciencing this to figure out how this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're smart, those those rats are smart.
Speaker 1: So anyway back to the thing. Fanny's bill system actually made me laugh. It's so insane, it's so Gilmoury. It's bad. It was hot boxes and then maybe get paids.
Speaker 3: I know, but also Okay, Fanny, let's hear sciences right, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that when what's his FACEBB Hubble was alive, he dealt with it all. He just paid. I think she had her I guess that she had her system, but I'm thinking he took care of it, like paid bills so that she because otherwise you can't run a business if she never pays people.
Speaker 2: But this guy, this guy she didn't pay for like the last four years, you know, like kind of gilty Hubble paid her has to be paid.
Speaker 1: And it's kind of gilmoury like the whole like, you know, trying to trade. Yeah, service, The whole thing was very good.
Speaker 3: What we discovered is that Fanny does the does you know, runs her dance studio for therapeutic reasons.
Speaker 2: That they're more behind it than just a business. Her heart's in.
Speaker 1: It, so that there are Emily isms within Fanny. But Fanny and Emily are different people. They really are, because Emily Gilmour would never just wouldn't never.
Speaker 3: She would never do that. But back to Boo, you know, I more is number one. She's working at a diner, you know.
Speaker 2: Like that that's the first thing I really.
Speaker 1: I don't know, if I would call it a diner, I'd call it a bar restaurant, but yet it is. Yeah, it is the stomping ground of the town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it just felt very uh you know when Luke was at the diner.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's the here.
Speaker 2: We got chop off this at this table and we gotta.
Speaker 1: Go be here, you know, like it just I love the quote manager who isn't a manager telling the tables she gets because obviously he's taking the you know, the pay in tables with the big tips, and she's getting the you know, the girls that are only learning French fries. So the whole thing was enjoyable. I thought, there's no way she smells that much, but whatever. Yeah, ohyah, it's called the Oyster Bar.
Speaker 2: Yep, the Oyster Bar.
Speaker 1: Okay. So then this is where Michelle meets. She sALS Dancy Pants, you know, the guy that she hasn't paid and just trying to figure it out. She's starting to try to clean up Fanny's mess. It's all funny, right, Like we don't need to just necessarily just like recap every scene for you guys, but it's like it's this episode was moving along. It was enjoyable. We're getting truly, truly is the Kirk because she's now she's paying the bills, like she runs the clothing store. She got all the jobs right, She's clearly the Kirk. It's funny. And then Michelle's sort of trying to right side everything and fix it all up and it's not happening. And then this is what you talked about. We learned about Fanny and that most of the kids don't pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wood Twins are the only one that, oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, like it was kind of hilarious and yet like kind of like I liked it. I sort of liked it, so okay. So then we learned that Ginny, one of the girls, has had the same boyfriend since second grade. Oh my god, and it's true the oyster bar outfit with the jeans. When I saw her wearing it, I was like, what is happening with those jeans? And then the fact that the girls acknowledge it that they're so pleaty, Yeah, that was funny. And then we see the sexy shirtless bartender who is the so that guy is Mitchem Huntsberger, Greg Henry, Whatever's character is in this son in real life? No, in the show. I didn't ever really realize that before. But Rico and the other lady this is their son. Oh oh oh, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he is very cute, so I get the appute, really cute.
Speaker 1: His name's Goodo, which there was a funny waiting for Goodo joke. Uh. I sort of thought Michelle was going to maybe start to date him somehow or like then, Yeah, that was sort of. I was like, is she gonna come in and suddenly he's going to talk to her?
Speaker 2: Well, they kind of did for a second.
Speaker 1: You know, she's not what him it is, Yeah, buy him. But the fact that he kind of takes a liking Daboo is just the greatest part of this subject.
Speaker 3: It is so so great. And are we at the shirt scene yet?
Speaker 1: Not yet? But when Sasha tries to order the drink, I actually good good, I was totally laughing.
Speaker 2: I agree, it was.
Speaker 3: It was really really good in the sense of like it being funny, but I was feeling it for Sasha.
Speaker 2: I was like, you don't know what you're doing, You're so underage. Just get your cheers.
Speaker 1: Hilarious. And also that he just pays no attention to her made me like him. More like, he's not falling for this like teenager trying to flirt with him. He's not falling for any of these girls.
Speaker 3: I thought they were all in like homecoming dresses. It's just so funny. They were just all dressed up in heels.
Speaker 1: A recurring thing throughout this episode is that Michelle really wants sorry, Fanny really wants Michelle to teach, and she's sort of pushing her to do that, you know, foreshadowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you can see what the second half of this season.
Speaker 1: Is gonna go. Yeah, so then we realize Michelle ruins everything by telling people they want to pay, and then she has to get everybody back, and we do get to see the performance, which was totally bizarre of like paper or plastic or the reusable grocery bag. But yeah, very Gilmoury, very Gilry. And my favorite part is really good Doo and boo that he starts chatting her up when she's jumping in the garbage, and she's normal with him. You know, she's not acting all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's like you're hot, but like she's almost like, oh, you're out of my league.
Speaker 2: It's we're just normal.
Speaker 1: Like That's how I felt like he's he's so sweet and gives her the shirt that smells like, you know, cocoa butter or whatever, and the CD and he's obviously like, what I don't know is is is he flirting with her or her friend?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I predict I am right there with you. For me, it feels more like he is, Ah, this is the new girl, she's she seems cool. Let me let me be the cool guy back, you know.
Speaker 1: So obviously we will we shall see, but the show is now back, like this is a better episode.
Speaker 3: I do want to point out one glaring Gilmour connection that what's the manager at the oyster bars?
Speaker 1: Name, what's the goco the man I mean, the young guy. Yeah, I don't know what the manager was, and he's not really the manager, but that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doesn't he say he's the manager?
Speaker 1: RC guy? Yeah? But then then God says there is no manager.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, that he really wants to go to Harvard and that's the end all for him, like that is all that matters and that's all he has his eyes on. So felt I felt very much a connection with the Harvard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, there was a lot of Gilmore things in this and that's why the episode's good. It's kind of like everybody making the show seems to have like found their way again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. I should we rate it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would give it eight point seventy five cherries and a cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm somewhere between eight and nine mix CDs? Was he making a mix CD or just gave her a band to listen to CDs? But uh, I'm somewhere between eight nine, So I guess I'll go eight point five. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was enjoyable.
Speaker 1: I liked it. It was great. Yeah, the show is good. It's a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I'm excited for the next episode, which is DC one episode six, Movie Truck. So until until then, hope you all had a fabulous holiday week.
Speaker 1: And enjoy your leftovers. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Usta.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.