Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Allegra is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Gary. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see if you'll tell us why he's a ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Allegra, how long has it been since you heard from Gary?
Speaker 3: It has been five days?
Speaker 4: Who's keeping tracker?
Speaker 5: You know anything? Five Jay's on the dot? What was your last interaction with him?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Uh, it was great, Like he asked me to maybe go on a second date and I was looking for that, just even a text from him, and yeah, now it's a fifth day. I've been feeling I haven't been sleeping. I know that's embarrassing, but I just really liked.
Speaker 3: Him a lot.
Speaker 2: Have you tried to reach out to him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sent, like, I sent three texts and I think that's about it. Like, I'm not gonna push it anymore.
Speaker 2: What are you saying in the text?
Speaker 4: Are you just like hey, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just like hey, I had a great time. And then the other one was like hope you're doing well. Third one was like, hey, do you want to go to six Flags together or something?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, let's try to figure it out. Why don't you tell us about your date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we had a picnic at the park and we went to a market, got some sandwiches, and I brought Monopoly.
Speaker 3: That was fun.
Speaker 1: We went to go see a movie after so I thought like things were going really well.
Speaker 3: There was chemistry, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: We just talked about like where we went to school, like what our hobbies are, and I feel like I really liked how quirky he was, and and that like he had he was interested in, like reptiles, and I really tried to engage with him and telling how how my dad also has like like esoteric interests. And I was really nervous, honestly. So I don't I'm afraid if I like messed up or anything, but I was just really anxious.
Speaker 3: Maybe I like got something out of.
Speaker 1: The blue or made him feel bad about liking reptiles.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Do you remember anything awkward that you might have said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think he told me before like on his previous relationship. He uh, he cheated on his last girlfriend and so I kind of maybe said, like, yeah, like that wasn't a good thing to do, Like maybe I wasn't supportive to him.
Speaker 3: You know, a pretty.
Speaker 5: Bold thing to come out on a first date. They cheated on their last person. I sent you I have a track record of cheating in my relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, you probably don't want to be supportive of that. I think it's okay to say that that was a bad decision. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know what's happened since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been texting for two weeks on it from a dating app, so we were like, we've already gone through the first stages of like ice breakers.
Speaker 3: So that's why we died pretty deep that day.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll play a song come Back, and then call him and see if I'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you another date. Okay, thank you so much. All right, we'll play song come Back, get your first Day follow up next. Right in the middle of today's first date follow up, And if you're just joining us, Allegra is on the phone, and Allegra is getting ghosted by a guy named Gary, and we're about to call him and see ifi'll tell us why he's a ghostinger and see if we can get her another date. But first, Allegra, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been five days since he texted me, and I thought our first date went amazing. Maybe I heard his feelings on something that was personal.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I'm just curious to see like what he's up to. It's been a while.
Speaker 2: You ready? Yeah, Okay, here we go. Hi, I speak to Gary please. Yeah, this is Gary, Gary. How are you? My name is Jewbell. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jubil Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Gary, I'm Nina also on the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 7: Hi everyone, how are you? I'm good? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Do you ever listen to the radio show at all?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 2: Okay? Great? Have you ever heard a first date follow up before?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: I have? Perfect. Well, then you know that that's the segment that we do where if you go on a date with someone and then end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 2: We got an email about you, Gary. Oh did you Yes, we did. Any idea. Who would email us and say that you're ghosting them?
Speaker 7: I can think of one person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, does it start with an agra, Yes it is. She emailed us. We talked to her. She told us about your date. She said she really liked you, but she's confused and wants to know why you're ghosting or would you mind telling us?
Speaker 7: Surely? Well, did she tell you about the date?
Speaker 2: She did? She said it was good. She said, you guys went to like, to a park and then you like reptiles. Yeah, she said, She said, you guys talked about a bunch of stuff, including the fact that you like reptiles, and she said it was a really good date.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We went to a I guess you could call it a park, but it was actually a graveyard.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she laid out a picnic blanket over just you know, like a random person's grave, and then she wanted us to eat on it.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you guys met at the graveyard. She took you to the graveyard, took her to the graveyard. How did you get to a graveyard?
Speaker 6: Well, she said she wanted to have a picnic, and so I met her and she took me to it. She said was going to be a great spot for picnic and then she, like I said, she just laid that brought me to a graveyard. I kind of felt we were walking through the graveyard to go to the next you know that there was a park on the other.
Speaker 7: Side, huh.
Speaker 6: But no, no, it was like full picnic basket on top of someone, you know, someone who is decomposing.
Speaker 2: You didn't say anything about that, like, hey, we go to like where there's a picnic table that part and not dead people.
Speaker 6: I was, I mean, I was shocked, frankly, and I was I was hungry, so I was too hungry.
Speaker 7: Lady. She was just talking the whole time, so.
Speaker 6: I maybe got like two words and I was, I was just sort of in shock. It just felt like you know, when you're running out the clock and it just couldn't move any slower.
Speaker 4: Did she address the fact that you guys were at a graveyard while she was talking to you and you were eating.
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, she loved it. She thought it was fantastic.
Speaker 6: Then it's so cool that this is here and that we can enjoy this sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: My momyard, she totally would. My mom loves going to different grave yards. And just celebrating people's lives and learning about them.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's what they were doing. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe she's got a fascination with it too, you know.
Speaker 6: I thought maybe it was someone that she loved. But then she started talking about how she, you know, likes to go to different grave sites.
Speaker 2: And do the same thing, like have picnics at the graveyard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and sometimes she goes by herself, she said. Sometimes it's just she likes to bring a blanket and sunbathe.
Speaker 5: My mom always says that the whole idea is that if you don't acknowledge them and then they are forgotten. I mean, for me, I would be very creeped out in a graveyard. I'm just wondering if her mentality is similar to my mother's, where it's just as she wants to honor people that she doesn't know.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 6: If we weren't at a graveyard, it was just a picnic in a park, but.
Speaker 7: It was on a grave. I just I thought it was It was.
Speaker 6: Super weird, and if I'm being honest, it.
Speaker 7: Was probably the worst situation could I've ever been in.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Lego felt differently. She thought it was great.
Speaker 7: Oh I know, yeah, she she made that very clear. It's like it felt like maybe she was.
Speaker 6: At one point I was like, is this is is she wanting to leave me in the grade?
Speaker 7: And is there?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah over here back behind the behind this building. Smart Well, Gary Allegra is on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: I forgot that.
Speaker 7: She that that's what you do. She's right there on the phone.
Speaker 1: Huh high Allegra, Gary, you're a buyer.
Speaker 3: You you loved it? So I I.
Speaker 6: Was uncomfortable when you kept saying do you do you love it? Isn't this great? Don't you love it? And I said yeah, like that you think that's how somebody says yeah when they're excited about something.
Speaker 1: Well, you could be a little more honest because I didn't get the cue.
Speaker 3: Wants a cheater, always a cheater. I don't know you're gonna cheater?
Speaker 7: How did I what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You should feel guilty, like still to this day. So yeah, you told me what are you talking about? You told me that cheer flast relationship?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. I don't mean what are you talk this?
Speaker 3: I never said that plastic cheater mode. Honestly, I don't even know who you are.
Speaker 1: Gary.
Speaker 3: I wish I never met you.
Speaker 2: Well, don't say that too quickly, Gary, Would you like another date with a legro? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: No, no, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah you, Gary, you will. First D follow up