Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, it's Lauren Rosa and this is the Latest with Lauren de Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture and the conversations that are gonna shake the room.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: Today, I got Brandon in here with me.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm back and we're going to.
Speaker 1: Get into some topics, get into some things. But as you guys know, we always check in. So let's get behind the scenes of the grind and check on in real quick. Brandon, how you feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: I'm tired. I want to go to sleep.
Speaker 4: I am too, yo, But I mean I've been you know, I've been trying to change my seat schedule because it's my seat schedules trash, Like I'll take a nap maybe an hour or two during the day and then maybe my nighttime is like three to four hours.
Speaker 2: Like it's just my hole.
Speaker 4: Sea schedule's been off for for years ever since working these hours.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, one of the things I realized with this show is like you gotta knock out everything you need to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once you take that nap, the baddest thing you're gonna relaxed for a second.
Speaker 2: Nothing is happening after that.
Speaker 3: If you work an early morning job, once you take your nap is over.
Speaker 1: You need to take your nap once you're ready to just be in the house because you could take your nap, wake up, maybe make some dinner, do things.
Speaker 3: It's gonna put you back to sleep, and then you go back to sleep, and it's time to go to sleep.
Speaker 4: Even them naps where it's like you dumb tired. Sometimes I wake up I don't even know whe I'm at. I'll be waking up like those snaps.
Speaker 1: Is like I am so tired right now. I was an airport until three. No, that's not true. I was in an airport until I think I went to the airport at like what like five five thirty was my flight, or maybe my flight was at six thirty.
Speaker 3: So I arrived there around like five five thirty.
Speaker 1: I did not leave the airport, never flew to my destination and decide and not even decided, but the airport decided for me that our flight was not going to take off.
Speaker 3: When we finally got on the flight.
Speaker 1: My flight I was supposed to be flying to Texas for something that I'm working on, a brand campaign for the radio station, did not happen.
Speaker 4: Yes, all the all the airports in the Tri state area that I been wilding, Ork Airport has been wilding out. JFK's been having some issues. So man, I'm we're just lucky to follow this guy. Honestly, I've flown recently to and had some major delays. But you know, I'm just glad. I guess less planes have phoned out this guy from what I'm seeing in the news.
Speaker 3: So why when I said tweaking, I thought the tweaker.
Speaker 1: Yes, And okay, well let's get on into the latest, y'all, so we can get on out of here because I am tired today, all right. So in the latest up, first, we have DOCI. Now, y'all know we've been doing the met Gala talk. We've been talking about the fine fabrics and the dandyism, and the stylists and the designers and the celebrities, award, the mech Museum, all of the above, but still going viral from the met Gala evening it is DOCI. DOCI is currently going viral because there's a video clips circulating of doci. This is rapper singer New Fire Artists, a DOOCI of her instructing her team around. They were trying to basically hide her outfit until she got to the museum, which a lot of celebrities do.
Speaker 3: I know Cardi does.
Speaker 1: I know Carti does that every time she did that This year too, Cardi b had Burberry umbrellas up.
Speaker 3: All around her. You can st kind of still see her from the side.
Speaker 1: But I believe they do that because they don't want photos of themselves and their outfits surfacing before they hit the red carpets. Media finds out worthy celebrities are staying before they can hit the met galaery carpet. So it's like it's like a game of cat and mouse of you trying to get out, make it to your car, and make it to the meg gala carpet, and no one see your dress whatsoever. So let's take a listen to this video. The people are really pissed off for Dochi's team. They're like, Yo, why is she talking to her team like this? If that is her, if confirmed that that is her voice, just you know, to be safe. You hear the voice say I need two FM more umbrellas. Do not let that f n umbrella go because they're gonna try to sneak in pictures, you know, just barking out some coming in very aggressively.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie the way that people.
Speaker 1: Are positioning this as if she's just a horrible person on her staff and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, I ain't going.
Speaker 4: It seemed like more like she was in panic mode, like and just making sure, Like you said, I didn't know the aspect of it, whereas like they definitely don't want pictures taken before they hit the carpet noll No, So it seemed like she was in panic mode, like people they're going to try and catch her, and what she was saying was right.
Speaker 2: I could definitely see people.
Speaker 4: Trying to put their camera over protective shields so they could get pictures of her. So, I mean I kind of see where she was coming from, and didn't seemed like it was direct that thumb like they're incompetent or she's like get it now, like she she feels like she sees the flashes. She doesn't know if there's like little creases in the protective shield to get pictures from, so I didn't see.
Speaker 1: Also think nights like this are really really, really competitive, very much like it's just a lot going on, Like it's a ton going on, and I think you're feeling the pressure of that. And I'm not excusing it because I've worked at some pretty crazy, insane places where people would do things and talk to you certain ways and you'd have to be back and forth with you know, your leadership, and everything was always blamed on like the pressure of the newsroom that we worked in. All of those things messed together on one of the biggest nights in fashion, entertainment, pop culture history, and you are you know what I mean, Like there's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't fear that these people are being treated like this every single day. However, it doesn't look good. And we're in a day and age where even if there's radical common sense behind what you're doing, like putting the umbrellas up so that no one can see your outfit so there's a big reveal on the carpet, that is a point of the met gala.
Speaker 3: Literally it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: People will still you'll find a way to be upset, and that's exactly what's happening right now with DOCI.
Speaker 4: I personally didn't think it was that crazy. People were coming to her crazy. Like I saw some comms, was like when they finally saw her outfit, they're like all that for to cover this, Like they were like they were saying her outfit was really like lackluster for her to be acting like that.
Speaker 2: But I didn't I think it was crazy. You know.
Speaker 4: I feel like once you start putting hands on people or start yelling in their face or something like that, but she's literally just trying to get through and and you know, to the to the carpet, and the added context adds more to it that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think tone is everything. You got to take a lot of things into account now. I do think it's good that this went viral. And I only think that because I feel like, even in a pressure filled moment, in an intense moment, one thing she is not going to do do chie will not do again is yell at that team like this, not in a public remaining.
Speaker 3: She's she's learning a lot right now today, probably as we speak.
Speaker 2: That's not like we see the divas do it like.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I won't say I've seen Mariah carry whatever, but like, I don't think this is such a big deal in the realm of who she is, Like I could see Nikki doing something like this, I can see the Marias and anybody who's considered like a diva. Like, I don't think it's wild behavior or am I.
Speaker 3: Dripping No, I mean I don't think it's common. I think I would.
Speaker 2: By not coming. I felt like it was common for me, I.
Speaker 1: Think, and if it is, I think people are doing a better job at hiding it in twenty twenty five, because now laws are made to protect you know, people in their work environments.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that.
Speaker 1: For me, I've never been a person I won't have to deal with and talk to somebody like that all, especially not another grown person. So if I have to talk to you too many times, or if I'm not satisfied with something too many times, I just have to learn to like step back and let you go, because that's not one of the things I want to do in my life. I worked, really, I work real hard to get to where I'm at and to not even just career wise, but just like me as a person like Lauren in middle school and my freshman year of high school and some of my high school versus who I am today, you would be like Lauren, yo, bro, I'm glad you made it out like things were so different. But I think I've had to learn.
Speaker 3: I've just had to.
Speaker 1: Learn how to deal with people and dealing with people in a way that like I can set boundaries.
Speaker 3: Boundaries are important here. Boundaries are very important.
Speaker 1: I can set boundaries, but also to just not completely like destroying a person or putting a person on defense, because I've been in that position where Okay, now you feel like you're being putting on defense and what you're gonna do. Defenders up, You're going to defend yourself. If I'm putting you on the defense, You're going to defend yourself. So I think that this is something that you know. With this going viral now, I'm sure Doci has learned her lesson about publicly even if her intention was well, and again you got to always just remember attention. Even if her intention was well, she gonna tighten up at this point because I know I would like I would have been like h even though I didn't mean it like that, or like low Keati's my homegirls or whatever.
Speaker 3: It just looks so bad.
Speaker 1: But again, the met gala is all about your prom on that carpet. You cannot premiere on that carpet if the people done got you before you walked out to your hotel room. So Logan Paul sat down with Tom Brady, one of the goats of this NFL thing. I don't know much about sports, but I do always know like the bigger names and what people are saying about them and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: He's known as definitely the best football player of all time. Some people say he's even the greatest athlete of any sport of all time.
Speaker 1: So who like that isn't Can you imagine just being like a regular kid outside playing curveball and then boom you the greatest athlete to ever walk the earth.
Speaker 4: What you say of any sport of yea and if you know it upbringing like he wasn't supposed to be that great. He talked about in the interview like he wasn't athletic, he wasn't fast, he wasn't strong.
Speaker 1: He also talked about getting picked up like super late in the draft as well, Yeah, which I thought was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he named other nine I think sorry.
Speaker 1: He talked a bit about on this podcast his decision to do the Tom Brady Rose Let's take a listen.
Speaker 5: I love at myself. It felt like I was in the locker room. But I do understand, like for my kids, that was really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a massive show. Yeah, you said it was a massive hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you said that right after the show too, that you found.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I didn't realize. You know, like there's some things the parent you up and you don't realize until after. Like they were they mad, sad, protective of their mom, of their dad, you know, of everybody. You know, they're just why do you What was the point of that? Why did you do that? So it's just you live and you learn.
Speaker 1: So the Greatest Rest of All Time Tom Brady aired live on May twenty twenty four. You had Kevin Hart that was a part of it, Nikki Glazier, Kim Kardashian, and you know the way that, in true Rose fashion, the way that it went down was everybody took a chance, like going at Tom Brady. So when he appeared on his podcast and he revealed that he just regretted it because of how it affected his kids, Well, I mean.
Speaker 4: It seemed more of like she was embarrassed of the things they were saying because it wasn't necessarily like they was.
Speaker 3: Lying on Jasel Bunchkin his egg, Yeah a bunch.
Speaker 4: And so I think the main part of the jokes was that she left him for their personal jiu jitsu trainer. So that was And there's always been some type of disdain between like Tom Brady fans and his wife because it always seems like she was trying to get him to leave the game too early because.
Speaker 3: He's so focused on trying to be her body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's there's always been that disdained so and and I can see from the kids point of view, I don't know if I'm Russian, do you want to talk more talk about the guy? So I can see from the kids point of view that like of them seeing their mom be embarrassed on one of the biggest that it was like the biggest.
Speaker 2: Thing that night. That was the biggest thing, like airing that night the live.
Speaker 1: Mom issel bunch You know who is, Yeah, she's like a super famous.
Speaker 3: Supermodel, right, like this is not the first time.
Speaker 1: My only my only pushback on this is and I know the kids are young, and we're young at that time anyway, or young enough to were you, like, I mean, any parent in any age, but feel they're gonna have to protect you.
Speaker 3: But they were kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My only pushback is like, your dad is Tom Brady, your dad is I mean, your mom is Jasel Bunchkin. Like, there's no, it's not like you're new to this platforming of conversation around your parents and their relationship and.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah all that stuff. Right.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sound like a mean person because these are kids, but it's like your parents have been famous your whole life, so y'all have to have gotten used to that whole No, it's my parent there's still regular people, but I know they're like some of the most famous people.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, as far as them and how they felt when they talked to him, like he had said when his kids said, yo, what was the point of that, and that it really hurt their feelings, I can understand that because it was like he didn't have to do that.
Speaker 4: I think one of the jokes that might have hurt them was when Kim Hart said, oh, you win seven rings and all you have to lose is your wife and your family, and then the whole crowd laughing at your broken home. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, so that's I guess I can see.
Speaker 3: How that exactly.
Speaker 1: And the divorce was so public because leading up into the Tom Brady divorce, I remember this, Oh my god, leading up into the Tom Brady divorce, the way that people in NFL fans would come for Giselle because there will be stories that came out out where she talked about or not source stories where there were you know, reported things and rumors that she wanted him to spend more time with the family.
Speaker 3: She hated the fact that he, you know, wasn't able.
Speaker 1: To be home on a lot of the holidays and that football basically was his life, and that she was essentially asking him to choose between football and the family. Now, things and reports changed, you know, after she began to be able to speak for herself, but that was a sentiment. And on top of that, there was this whole very public, very major to day she filed for divorce.
Speaker 3: I was in the newsroom, and every story that.
Speaker 1: You had to work on her think about had to relate to them because It was one of the biggest stories in the world for probably the first two to three months, and then their divorce story kind of calmed down a little bit, and then she started being spotted with the jiujitsu trainer in whatever country she was in, and one of the times it was with the kids.
Speaker 2: That's rough. Yoah, that's rough.
Speaker 4: That's a common story, even with like not to bring up his name, but Diddy and Cassie. I think catsies with the trainer now right, Yeah, dang, you invite somebody into your home to lie help you with something that then they leave with your.
Speaker 1: Don't slip, don't let your dad up shoulder to cry on, because she's gonna cry on the shoulder and it ain't gonna be yours. But it was a public, very very public divorce. So I think his kids are looking at it like we finally got over this wom sort of kind of because even at the time of the ropes, it was still very prevalent, because she would begin being spotted with the trainer and all those things at a certain point.
Speaker 3: But they're like, yo, we just got past this and you bring it up again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like laughing at us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin Hart, you know, what I mean, like, these are huge names coming for them, so it's like why, I mean, after that, she went on to have a baby with the jiujitsu trainer, and you know, they're together. It's a whole thing. But I can understand not being like did you have to do that?
Speaker 4: Though yeah, I don't know. Maybe growing up it did feel like he had to choose, like to be that great at what he does, he had to choose between his family and his marriage, you know, and he chose football. I can understand why they would feel like that, like, dang, my dad probably chose football over me.
Speaker 2: But ain't see in any way. I feel like you should have a lot of.
Speaker 1: People said, but it's like for her, it's like, Okay, she's retiring soon, but at the same time, it's like she wants her husband in her house now.
Speaker 4: And once once your girls like turned off by something or turn off by you, it's like it's hard to get them back again.
Speaker 1: I'm glad, you know, like we don't just I mean, I don't know about I was gonna say, wait, yeah, I'm gonna say, wait, we don't just get.
Speaker 3: There for no reason.
Speaker 2: But once we're there, it's hard to get them back.
Speaker 3: It's that jay Z Song wants a good girl's going back.
Speaker 1: She's going forever more forever. You got to deal with the fact I did you wrong forever. Yes, even if you didn't do it wrong, if she's just to a point where she's outgrown it or whatever. It's hard to do it because I think you know, as women, we pour everything we have into relationships because we have to.
Speaker 3: We're nurturers where you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, Like our role, our role in a relationship is to be very emotionally tied and connected.
Speaker 3: That is a lot of soul ties, it's a lot of energy.
Speaker 1: So when we take it away, I'm not revisiting it if it's not worth it, especially if I don't trust it.
Speaker 3: Once you lose a trust too, that's a whole other thing as well.
Speaker 1: But I mean, shout out to Tom Brady for taking accountability in that moment. I know he's talked about this before, but you know, him sitting and talking about it again definitely begin to cause conversations around.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, people in the public eye making right decisions.
Speaker 1: And Tom Brady's last year of his career, I know that everything he's done is legendary and legendary comebacks or like, you know, he made.
Speaker 3: It over a hill with his career.
Speaker 1: People didn't think he was gonna do like crazy amounts of things, and he still did that.
Speaker 3: At that point, though, what did he have the proof? He could have walked away and been with his family.
Speaker 2: He was there was something to prove.
Speaker 4: I guess as minister in the grands game of things, but he needed to prove that it was him and not the Patriots, like everybody says, it's coach Belichick.
Speaker 2: And it's you know, the organization is what made him great.
Speaker 4: But he left and he did the same thing with a team that wasn't you know, supposed to do it necessarily. I mean, they had a good player on the team, but they weren't the Patriots. I mean, so I think that's that ring with that second team kind of like took him.
Speaker 2: Over the edge of like the greatest ever.
Speaker 4: And I'm that was that's a as a man, that's a great feat to have ego.
Speaker 1: I know it is ego, and it's nothing wrong with having ego, but I feel like when you're an athlete, that ego of like that the competitive and competitiveness and the ego combined are insane and it gets in.
Speaker 3: The way of a lot of you know, good things.
Speaker 2: But that's why it's seamless sad. Yo.
Speaker 4: You choosing between those two things is like, I don't know, I feel like either one would would eat him up forever, Like him knowing like he didn't put his on too football probably eat him up.
Speaker 2: And then, Yo, this is.
Speaker 4: Something all these people know, like since there was kids, their whole life, all they know is sports. So it's like for them to say, like, just give that up. It's like, Yo, since I was three years old, I've had this football on my hands. It is all I know, and it's got to be over.
Speaker 3: He would have been fine.
Speaker 1: He would have found a little club to join, something to drive our carts in Florida or something like that.
Speaker 3: He would have been fine.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm sure he was. He's they're both riches.
Speaker 1: They would have been good exactly and attaching them kids, and I'm bazing he learning now though. You could tell that the parental instinct is kicking in overtime as he talks about this, because he you can just tell he really regrets this, like really really recreds and.
Speaker 3: The full interview is available on YouTube.
Speaker 1: I've watched up until like the middle point of it, and I will say watching this interview made me like Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: I've always known who he was and talked about I'm just in reporting.
Speaker 1: But watching this made me feel so inspired and motivated to go do something. Yeah, that's the latest. We're gonna wrap it up here because we take it anywhere else. We'll be talking for three hours about how it's men's egos.
Speaker 2: Yes, and how Gizelle should go back to Tom.
Speaker 1: He'll deserve all that Jiselle got hurt, me and herd, me and her men and her new baby.
Speaker 3: She ain't worried about nothing.
Speaker 2: A man could probably beat Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: He ain't worried about nothing. Ain't worry about nothing. Gizelle ain't worry about nothing. Hey, ain't you'd be said?
Speaker 2: Leave me for the ju jitsu fighter.
Speaker 3: The person and what they do and y.
Speaker 1: Feeling Oh yeah, dug the girl always yes, make me feel protected.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, we are gonna rap here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take it really quick to the streets, because y'all know it's not really the streets, it's the tweets. Let's take it outside before the dreets outside, We outside outside now.
Speaker 3: I tweeted earlier this morning that I was running off.
Speaker 1: For two hours of sleep, and I told you, guys in the beginning of this about my flight being canceled and me having to be in an airport or whatever. And then I was listening to praise and Worship this morning on my way into work, just trying to wake myself up.
Speaker 3: And one of my songs came on.
Speaker 1: It's uh, It's Happening for Me Live by kr Shared, and the song talks about go listen to the song, guys. The song talks about for all the little riders who might need this, how things are you know, happening in your life and there less and you just got to kind of like sit still and sit in it and allow it to happen to you or for you not to you, and just how you begin to manifest things and put things out there. And in that moment, I was, you know, I was listening to the song, and I was like, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I'm tired.
Speaker 1: I got in late last night from the airport and all these things, But God, I'm just grateful that every single day I'm waking up to do something that I love to do. That doesn't feel like work because it wasn't always like this, and I wanted to put that out there because that was such a quick because I was like, oh my god, I wish I could call aut of work. I can't call out a breakfast club. I feel like I can't because who's gonna do The Latest with Laura La Rosa mind.
Speaker 3: Shift, energy shift, mind shift, energy Shift.
Speaker 1: So that's what I want to put out there, and that's what I hope you guys get from that tweet I'm at Laura Rosa on Twitter. Is that when things are you know, going left, or when things are not going right, and you want them to go right, wherever it may be, wherever it may lie. A lot of times it's not even just about changing your surroundings or your people. Sometimes it's just as simple as changing your thoughts, literally changing your thoughts to you know, just think better. And like, instead of thinking what I had to do today, I was thanking God for what I am blessed to be able to do. I came here, was a little tired, got myself together, finished the day. Now we're here finishing the Latest with Lauren La Rosa. Brandon, thank you for joining me.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you. I like the words of wisdom you gave us. Your thoughts become things, so stopping about it. Don't do all the bad things. But yes, thank you for having me again.
Speaker 3: Don't ignore me what.
Speaker 2: I've never thought about. Little things.
Speaker 3: Run around yall house.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, y'all.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all right, y'all, this is the latest with Laura Rosa. I'm the homegird.
Speaker 1: I know it's a bit about everybody and everything. I'll see you guys in my next episode.