Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick Shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboy makes Ready to.
Speaker 2: Fights.
Speaker 4: On Friday, we play some Rocky Top.
Speaker 5: The Rocky Stamp College Football Weekend, Big National Football League Weekend, and.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys They're gonna get back on track in the afternoon at three twenty five at at and T State em don't you think, sir?
Speaker 6: All right, here it is.
Speaker 4: We're inside the SWBC podcast studio and this is mix Shots brought to you by Miller Lite and Everson Walls. Was a no show once again, a late no show, a late no show at that. And so it's the ever reliable Nate in Frisco who has rejoined the show. Hello, Nate, I.
Speaker 2: Am so excited to be here with you guys, man. I mean, the enthusiasm that you got you guys exumbe just overwhelms me.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, Nate, I wanted to ask you a question, Yes, sir, growing up, did you play baseball?
Speaker 2: Yes, and I was not very good at it. That that is a that is a hectic sport. That is that ball is something wicked. You hit me that little ball I could not control. I can hit it decently, could you?
Speaker 4: Did you ever go six for six or with ten RBIs in one?
Speaker 2: I had a no hitter? Did you had a no hitter as a left handed pitcher?
Speaker 4: And because kids, you know, when I was in high school, I had a no hitter as a right handed hitter.
Speaker 2: Wow? Can you what?
Speaker 3: Can you appreciate what Otani did last night?
Speaker 2: What did he do?
Speaker 4: So Otani?
Speaker 2: Okay? Get this kid from across the water, Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Sir, the highest paid player and then he played.
Speaker 2: For the Dodgers, that's right, Yeah, iconic Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Okay, And so he is getting close, okay, going into yesterday, he's getting close to being the first member of ever of the fifty fifty club, right, which is fifty home runs and fifty stolen bases? Yees season.
Speaker 2: Yes, I heard about three or four days ago they was talking about and I was wondering, I caught the tail end of the major league thing and it was talking about it. Oh, he's easy. I guess something.
Speaker 4: And so he gets to fifty stolen bases and I'm before last. Okay, yeah, he's got that right now, he's still two home runs away. Going into yesterday, he was one home run away from fifty home runs. So they get in a blowout game against the Miami Marlins.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, he comes up in.
Speaker 4: The seventh inning and he hits the one of the most dramatic home runs that you can imagine for his fiftieth home.
Speaker 7: Run, Yes, sir, four and thirty eight feet.
Speaker 6: Okay, wow.
Speaker 4: And then he gets another at bat in the ninth inning and he hits another home run.
Speaker 2: He winds up.
Speaker 4: And earlier in the game he had two doubles and two stolen bases.
Speaker 6: Okay, they got the.
Speaker 4: Two stolen bases got him to fifty one stolen bases. Okay, so going into yesterday he didn't have He wasn't at fifty stolen bases either yet, Okay, so he had. In the game, he goes six for six with two doubles, two home runs, two stolen bases, and ten runs batted in in a twenty to four win.
Speaker 2: So that is the first ever in what he's just fifty.
Speaker 7: The other stuff six for six though.
Speaker 2: Two doubles, two home runs, two stolen back. This got to be a first. And ten bats back and ten runs back, it's got to be a first in all.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, there was one game that you know, a ten RBI game is very, very very rare. I do remember Pud Rodriguez had one at Seattle game that I did for the Rangers in nineteen ninety eight or so.
Speaker 6: Uh, and he did it in the first five.
Speaker 4: Innings of the game. Uh. And that's the only time I can remember. But to do that when you are approaching that fifty to fifty club and so he.
Speaker 2: Just is he in that club by himself, by him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no one who's going to not even Babe Ruth, yeah baby.
Speaker 4: And this guy he's not pitching this year, but this guy all So pitches.
Speaker 2: Too, Yes he does. He's taking a year off.
Speaker 4: Because and this Yeah, so he's doing all this with Tommy Johns.
Speaker 3: And he tried to hit for the cycle and he was going for a triple and got thrown out at third base and he had a double.
Speaker 7: Amazing.
Speaker 2: You know, in today's Major League baseball, with a home run is everything for a kid to do. That, and uh, it's just a great deal to see a kid that can do it all. You know what was growing up, you probably was the best pitcher and the best hitter. His elbow gets right, he's gonna be one of the best pitchers and one of the best hitters. It's just good to see an old school baseball player.
Speaker 4: One thing that I like.
Speaker 6: Too is that in the seventh inning.
Speaker 4: Uh, it was a blowout game, but and the Dodgers were way ahead. But the Marlins manager, okay, when O'tani came up, there are runners at second and third, first base was open. Baseball strategy is okay, you walk him, right, But he said and there they had a close up of him and lip readers could say, could you could see that. What he said was, screw this, I have too much respect for this guy. I'm pitching to him.
Speaker 7: He pitched to him, and he too much respect for the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, when I see greatness, and when I hear of greatness, my hats off to it because you don't get to see. And he's an everyday player. This is correct. He's every When I do look at baseball stats, he's an everyday guy and he's sprinkled all through the stats. And that is.
Speaker 4: Not having said that he's primarily a d. H.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's but in the leading where he's a D.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, taking nothing away from d H.
Speaker 2: Has been along, been around hollow since three yees. So he's an every day prayer. He does his job to the ballpark and does his job. You don't get that in foot football or baseball.
Speaker 4: The great basketball. There are certain guys that just rise to the moment. And that's the definition of greatness in any sport.
Speaker 6: It's the guy that that.
Speaker 4: When it's all on the line, and that's one of those moments where okay, he put it all on the line there and he rose to the occasion. It's emmittt. Smith in that game against the Giants. You know, it's that's where greatness is revealed. Reggie Jackson was like that.
Speaker 2: All time, all the time, especially in the playoffs. It went up another And that is why I have issue when we try to put too much pressure on these young kids early in their career, saying who he reminds you of? Well, he reminds me of hisself because he's trying to build a career and I try to keep everybody in order. You know, greating is it's rare that you have a Gail Sayers who just likes the league up in a short amount of time. It ain't a bunch of those, you know. It's a lot of Johnny cum latelies, but not not like that. And I agree with you one hundred percent, Bill.
Speaker 7: I do. We're gonna get it back to football.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And Bill probably knows this, but there was a story this morning in the Morning News.
Speaker 7: High school.
Speaker 3: All right, Cedar Hill. Three brothers. They're triplets, Wow, triplets. One of them, Devin Coleman is six four three forty.
Speaker 7: He's an offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: One of them, Jordan Coleman, is six five three fifty offensive lineman. And the runt of the triplets is Isaiah Coleman six two.
Speaker 6: So let me get okay.
Speaker 4: And the Cowboys are signing them to play defensive line, that's right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they're all committed to Texas, two of them on scholarship.
Speaker 7: One is going to be a preferred walk on.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 7: But think about this, triplets.
Speaker 3: This poor mother has to feed those three monsters.
Speaker 2: And they say they eat light.
Speaker 3: No, she said she has to go to like Costco or Sam's and spend thirty or forty dollars a week on meat, and she buys a carton of sixty eggs.
Speaker 7: A week to feed them. And she goes, thank god, they're calling the college.
Speaker 2: What is the little guy that used to come on a long time ago. He used to be real, hyper blonde hair, his short shorts. I can't think of his name. I think of his name, then she needs to call him. He's a little old now, but he's a real enthusiastic guy, you know, to start the morning out with exercise. You know what he's talking.
Speaker 4: About, right, Richard Richard MS Simmons, Yeah, yeah, her Back in Mickey's day, it was jack La Laine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember jack l Lane. Wow.
Speaker 3: So part of the story was when she went and had her first sonogram, they shocked her, told her she's having twins, and then she went back in and they.
Speaker 7: Go one was hiding.
Speaker 2: I guess that was the run.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have triplets, think about that, and they're all that big wow and last thing. So we thought it was amazing that the Saints against the Panthers scored on their first nine possessions last night. North Crowley high school scored on their first ten drives. They beat Rockwall seventeen to seventeen.
Speaker 7: Used to be pretty and they were, they were ranked Rockwall.
Speaker 4: They were lost.
Speaker 6: They lost their quarterback to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I knew something, man, but they lost.
Speaker 7: They must have lost a lot of But I mean defense.
Speaker 4: North Crowley is the they're now I think the ranked third in the state, eleventh in the nation. They beat the Soto a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, because rock Ball.
Speaker 7: Seventy points.
Speaker 2: Yeah that Rockball usually don't lay down like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they scored fifty some against the.
Speaker 4: So well, when Jackson Smith and Jigba played for rock Ball, they were scoring. They were scoring seventy points or eighty points every game.
Speaker 3: And but that just caught my eye that in the triplets and o tany, Wow.
Speaker 4: You did your high school research.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went all out and.
Speaker 6: He's looking for Missouri recruits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we do have a football team and football players on a football fielding the walk through as we started this show.
Speaker 3: Walk through practice today and they're walking through, but they're using both fields at the same time and offense on one defense on the other.
Speaker 7: So they're doubling up on their using time wisely. Ye, so that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the injury report from yesterday when they had the padded practice, you'll be glad to hear that Trayvon Diggs and Ceedee Lamb both went from did not practice to limited. He sounds like they're going to be good to go. Jake ferguson limited both days, and I think they're very encouraged that he's gonna be able to go.
Speaker 7: Mizzi Smith.
Speaker 3: Did not practice both days, but they seemed encouraged that it was getting.
Speaker 4: Better, which is a back injury.
Speaker 7: Back injury, and it's.
Speaker 3: A good sign since Jordan Phillips had to be placed on injured reserve with a wrist injury. So from a injury standpoint, you know they may have everybody on deck for this game.
Speaker 7: So that's a good sign.
Speaker 4: And you expect the newly acquired off the Commander's practice squad number ninety two, Carlos Watkins to get playing.
Speaker 7: Time, I would imagine.
Speaker 3: So I would imagine he's going to be out there out of necessity, right And from the Ravens side of things, Nate Wiggins, their cornerback, was out with a concussion. Did not practice on Wednesday, but was limited on Thursday, so I would imagine.
Speaker 7: He's headed his right direction.
Speaker 3: The same thing with their safety Kyle Hamilton limited with a back injury. He did not practic just the day before, so they seem to be getting.
Speaker 4: And Nate Wiggins is their first round draft pick who started their opener and did not play last week against the Raiders and a loss, their second straight loss to start the season. Okay, there you go, so we are up to speed, up to speed what's going on there as far as who's gonna play on Sunday? Now, how well are they going to play on Sunday?
Speaker 6: So the next question that.
Speaker 3: Got to get that defensive line going. You got to get that offensive line going.
Speaker 2: And we heard from Clarence Hill that over shown said I will be out there, you know, when this game starts. So everybody can quit complaining that over shown did not play enough to suit you, you know. And I'm hoping that the guys up front will protect these young linebackers and older guys and Kendrick, I'm I'm hoping and praying that these guys grabs her, don't let these guys move them, you know, and so that our linebackers can be effective as they need to be for this game.
Speaker 3: And that's going to be the key thing that And to me it's it's this game is about both lines, offensive line defensive because if the offensive line plays well, then the running backs will run well. Yes, And as you can tell, Uh, not only McCarthy, but I think Jerry Jones this morning getting tired of answering the questions.
Speaker 7: About the running back committee and if Dalvin.
Speaker 2: Cook's going to play. What was his answer, Mick.
Speaker 3: He basically said, I'm happy with the running backs.
Speaker 7: I'm happy with what they can do.
Speaker 3: It's only two games in and we just need to play better and have more be able to have more runs.
Speaker 2: So the thing is with this game, I looked at it. I went back and looked at the film because I hate to misjudge players. All we need is time. The left tackle played okay, you know they tell me about the P five Okay, PFI whatever, thank you, left guard, Pro Football Focus what we're talking about, Yeah, whatever, it's supposed to be called. Left tackle played okay. The left guard played nice, The center played okay, our right guard played okay, our right guard player, our right tackle did not. And it was only in the passing situations, right. So what we have to do with our running backs and our offensive lines is make sure we have the right guys lined up for the right place, regardless if the defense knows it's coming. If we get Fergie back, our tight ends have to become a awesome, great part of the run game. You cannot just get in the way. You're gonna have to really stabilize your guy. I ain't saying moving, but you're gonna have to grab him and make sure he does not move or knock you back. We will be okay. If we do that. You will have to run the ball. People saying throw at forty fifty it's not gonna work. You're gonna have to sprinkle the run. Fifteen to twenty runs. Twenty five would be great, but you gotta sprinkle it in just to give your guys a chance. I've always said this about our right tackle and our quarterback. They're one in the same guys. They are play action past guys. So you have to have some similars of a run, some threat of a run for these guys to be truly sucessful. So our right tackle has to You just can't let these guys tee off on our right tackle, do you know, because you're trying to help the left tackle, you can't help both right, So the right tackle all he need is confidence back. So we have to run just enough, and not only for the sanctity of our offensive line, but this is gonna help our defensive line. We gotta take the air out of the ball. We gotta click some time off the clock. We can't be a three in out team. We need at least ten plays every time you walk out there. Let the tenth play be a punt. Let the ninth play be a punt. But don't walk out there and do a four in out, a three and out, a five and out. That's given Lamar and those guys too many options. And when you give great athletes and great players too many options, that's when it can hurt us. So our offense, everything is predicated off our offense that can't miss it. Don't squeeze nothing in early, throw it away, don't give them no opportus tune it is to put that kid, Lamar Jackson on the field. That's just my belief, fellas.
Speaker 4: Okay, as far as the run game is concerned, did you hear Jerry this morning on the fan, I did Okay, Now, John Machoda's done a great job of transcribing what Jerry said.
Speaker 6: About the running back situation. Okay, and so.
Speaker 4: Let me read a little bit about what he has tweeted out an hour ago about it. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones tried to downplay any issues at running back. When asked about Dalvin Cook potentially playing this week, he responded, I don't know that that will happen. I must tell you this is a little bit of a first for me, because I've never seen such made of our position, what we're doing at that position running back this year, not having done this or not having done that at running back. Both of these guys came out the same time, meaning Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliott. We've got a pretty good contemporary of our competition this week in Zeke Elliott. Plea with what Zeke is doing, running back is just not on our radar as far as an area of interest.
Speaker 3: So I parafaced pretty well, didn't I? And that didn't please the people asking the question. By the way they keep asking Mike about it that he keeps giving him a long answer with no answer he doesn't even address it.
Speaker 4: The thing, let me say this last week against the Raiders, Derrick Henry had seven carries for five yards in the first half of that game, and then they committed to running the football and the third quarter of that game and he wound up with eighteen carries for eighty four yards. So his first seven carries he had five yards. And then in the third quarter and I don't know why they went away from him after they had a ten point lead. In the fourth quarter, they didn't give him the ball as much. He had eleven carries for what were they be? Seventy nine yards.
Speaker 2: The thing that amazes me is offensive coordinators do that for some reason. You know, the head coach after normally step in and say, hey man, you know what happened here, But fortunate and unfortunate I offensive coordinator as our head coaches. So now the player he has to he I'm telling you, he has to know if I don't protect my defense because there we got bruised a little bit physically and mentally last week. So it's early in the season, but our guys are kind of wounded and we have to give them an opportunity. So you haven't heard me say this all year, but time of possession, just to help our defense is a key thing. I'm telling you, seven eight, nine, ten plays. We have to try to help out. You know if we if they flip the coin, they need to grab it and say heads and give it to the ref and say we taking the ball. You know what I'm saying. Don't defer, Yeah, don't defer. No, well, don't give them a chance to get ahead of you.
Speaker 3: And let's they add one more thing on that, because they had some long nine to ten play drive.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they kicked field goals.
Speaker 7: Yes, gotta score touchdowns, you do.
Speaker 2: This team ain't averaging but but twenty two points, twenty three points a game. And I'm talking about the Ravens.
Speaker 7: So they're having play, Oh they are.
Speaker 2: So let's let's continue. Let's whatever teams have done in this short history of two games, can we duplicate that? Do we have the players to duplicate that?
Speaker 4: You know, the Ravens have some of the they were came into this season, came into the offseason with some of the same issues the Cowboys had on their offensive line. Cowboys had to replace Tyren Smith and Tyler Battish. They did that with a first round draft pick and a third round draft pick. Well, they the Ravens are sitting there trying to replace three starters from their offensive line last year. Both guards Kevin Zeitler is now with Detroit and John Simpson is now with the Jets, and Morgan Moses, their that right tackle is also with the Jets. Just got hurt last night and they're trying to replace them with a seventh round draft pick at left guard, and they've got a fourth round three hundred and eighty pounder they moved from tackle to guard to start at right guard, and then they drafted a guy in the second round, Rosengarden, and he's not ready yet. He is getting snaps in games, but he's not starting. They've got their veterans swing tackle, Patrick McCarry, who's starting at right tackle right now. And that's some of the issues they're having on their own offense.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling people, even with that line, it takes time. You don't play in the preseason and you tell them about a position where you have to be coordinated, You have to have to be ready to make run, whether it's run or past past games, past stunts. People are always moving on you does your scheme enhances all of that? And if it does, you need to be like a chorus line. All the girls' legs go up. You know what I'm saying. And I hope I don't offend anyone, but you get what I'm saying, right, So kicking.
Speaker 6: It statchy bells from Tyler or wherever.
Speaker 2: Our offensive line has last week, I would give them a C plus, you know, uh because they battled. I don't care. They battled and uh and if we can get that C plus and get a little better game from still uh we because it's not only for their sanity, and I keep saying, it's for our defense too. You cannot scheme.
Speaker 6: Toughness.
Speaker 2: They you can put guys in the right place. You can do this, you can do that. But that was a tough pill for our guys to swallow. So these guys are coming in here with one thing in mind. We're gonna be physical, and our guys has to meet that. I'm talking about front four. I'm not worried about our linebackers. I'm not worried about our corners. Our corners will make plays if we can stop the run and turn them one dimension on. I just don't believe that Lamar Jackson can beat us throwing. I don't believe that until he beat a good team throwing with consistency, I don't believe he can do it. Now, he can run all over the world, he can loop the world. He's like Flash. He can turn the world. He can run so fast, he can spend the world backwards. But he can't go not with any accuracy.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're way past time for our first break. We're gonna take that and I'm gonna and I'm gonna nate. I'm gonna ask you about the T shirt you're wearing. I have a guess as to what it represents when we come back here on mixshots.
Speaker 8: Yes, hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 6: Scott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto. With Blockchain dot com perfect.
Speaker 9: Throw My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less fillings. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 9: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less feeling and tastes great.
Speaker 10: I'm me Shine, Legal guy, Celebrate responsibly, Milwaukee was Coming, and beer ninety six thousand, three point d Gram's carvers for cloth bounces fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: Want to stay at the.
Speaker 11: Team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me. Everson Walls with Star Sports tools. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demict Shuts, Nate Newton.
Speaker 3: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year.
Speaker 7: The Dallas Cowboys and.
Speaker 3: Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboy fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to the Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been a fan since seventy seventy one, so well.
Speaker 6: You should try.
Speaker 4: You should win the awards since seventy seventy one.
Speaker 2: Is how boy is sixty one? So I was ten to eleven years old.
Speaker 4: So were you a fan when you were at Jones High School in Orlando?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I was rocking at Jay How Baby Jay?
Speaker 4: How you're still You're still rocking Jones High School? Right?
Speaker 6: That's that's Jones High School?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, there you go.
Speaker 2: The great Bear Switzer I re mem when we first got he.
Speaker 4: Remembers everybody's high school nature.
Speaker 2: Just was not big enough to play for me. Then said what about now? Yeah, yeah, it's gonna cost you five dollars.
Speaker 4: Found you mentioned you mentioned a player to Barry Switzer and he.
Speaker 7: Tell you their mom and dad's all right, next week, I gotta find my high school.
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Give us the picture where you had your helmet on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, or the wrestle wrestling pictures yeah today?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so at one hundred and twelve pounds.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, he's a grappler.
Speaker 4: Okay, we gotta we got a quick, quick segment here, so get a quick something rather than we got our pics in the next segment.
Speaker 6: Give me something so.
Speaker 3: We concentrated on the offensive line. Yes, So now the defensive line, our defensive line, Cowboys defensive line, and the way they lined up last week was DeMarcus Lawrence masi Osa and basically Micah Parsons for the majority of the snaps. But Parsons didn't play every snap at defensive end. They brought in Marshawn Neeland sometimes moving them inside, and they played Golston, who had the most stats of anybody, playing little defensive end and little defensive.
Speaker 2: Tackle. And I would move I would move Ghosten to the defensive end, and I would move marsha on inside.
Speaker 7: What about DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 2: DeMarcus I hate to say this, but they're coming downhill. Yeah, and uh if he could play some type of linebacker, some type of hybrid linebacker, or really move him around. Yeah, even just move him around. I mean on defense line. Do not let him be a setting duck, because if he's a setting duck, he's allowed. I hate to tell y'all this, and you can go back and tell him I said it. If he's at what those defens events and they're and they're bringing this thing down, it's the tackle's job to concentrate on the running back, they isolate Lamar's looking right at the defens event, then it's up to him to make the right call. But if they trying to get outside, then they may wham him with the tight end and drive him down. He's not heavy enough. He will isn't heavy enough last year, and he's not heavy enough now.
Speaker 4: Okay, they will go since, especially since they got an offensive lineman playing full back two card number forty two, and they've got three tight ends that they use. Okay, so they go with a lot of two tight ends, and they'll go with two backs and two tight ends at right. Okay, So the Cowboys are going to be in their base four to three defense more often than not in this game.
Speaker 2: But what the.
Speaker 4: The way they set that up? A lot of times it looks like the old Oklahoma fifty two defense where you've got three down linemen and you've got Parsons standing on one side, and you got your Sam linebacker Leafel on the right on the other side, and then you got two line inside linebackers like a three four defense. Okay, do you think that that's the way they will go primarily in this game where they've got Basically, you got seven in your in your front set.
Speaker 6: You're playing a front.
Speaker 3: Set, right and I think, I think, and what personnel do they need?
Speaker 2: I would put meat on meat. You don't have to be the smartest guy. If guys give great and maximum effort. Do you think Parsons can hold up run wise against an offensive tackle?
Speaker 7: Just answer your question, no, do you?
Speaker 2: Okay? If he can't, why just put him there and get him beat up? Okay you don't if you know, I'm quite sure. Parsons de smilesa Hey, hey son, let us help you early in the game. You may not be there. You may not be in there, you know. So what you at the end of the game, you will beat up because we'll figure this team out and we'll beat him down. But you don't want to be in the game. This is a different team. The way they get outside is with Lamar last week they was waiting and everything. They don't do all of that. They come straight at you and they look at the at the defensive end, which is Parsons and Lawrence. Lawrence is strong enough and savvy enough to stay there and to figure it out. Parsons is gobbout to use this athletic ability to figure it out. But if a man is fighting him, that takes away a little bit of his superpowers. Now that's just how I'm thinking. You know, they could have already worked this thing out, and who knows what happened, But I just would like to see four big guys coming forward. And uh and even if it's a past, listen to me. Even if it's a past, you're still not rushing hard. You're you're umbrella in right and you let overshwn or you let Marafile just disturbed on a step back. They gotta space. If the offensive line is right in the defense line right here, moving forward, you gotta step back because you got to be able to get any hole that this kid.
Speaker 9: Run out of.
Speaker 2: You always in a kind of a semi run past set. This is how you have to play this kid. You have to be disciplined. If you go to shooting up the field, Lamar coming right behind you to fake you. So I'm asking you, why would you do it any other way? Every time they have been beating this is how teams has played them. Meet on meet hard man for hard man. Let's go any other way, you lose because now you're playing Lamar Jackson hands.
Speaker 7: So what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Also, if if Mike is on the field, let him stand up where.
Speaker 7: He has got ta.
Speaker 2: Don't put him down. Yeah, because that means when he comes up, he got to use two hands, and he's gonna have to be full of man, you know man, you know, grabbing somebody right, put him on the edge.
Speaker 6: Let him be the same line back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just Nate. That's just Nate.
Speaker 7: That's good Nate.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: You know, all right, we got our picks to click or we come back on mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scotts it slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rocan crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 2: Grow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lte is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 12: What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 4: Look I'm just reading the script. It says less fillings. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 9: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Miller Lights in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Mishine legal guy.
Speaker 10: Celebrate responsibly. Milwaukee, Wisconsin beer aty six thousands to be point two grams carbs for twelve ounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 12: The medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: To mixed shots, come shop at the Star in Frisco on Saturday, September twenty eighth from ten am to four pm at Flea Styles Market at the Star, presented by Makerplace by Michaels, featuring fifty plus local makers offering art, fashion, home decor, jewelry and kids items. Market at the Star is always a favorite at missions free visit Thestardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 4: All right, last few minutes here of mixed shots on a fabulous football Friday, and we do have ever since picks we do. He did not neglect his responsibilities and he is His pick is for Grambling to beat Jackson State twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: Oh very good, Troy got a good team. So I don't know what fam will fam.
Speaker 4: You is playing Troy at Troy be Uly come okay, and Mickey's got You've got Van de Van to Columbia. Yeah, so that's a win. And you was going to lose to Tennessee and so that we took care of the colleges. Now let's move on to Sunday.
Speaker 7: Well, now, don't go so fastness.
Speaker 3: He hadn't played anybody yet offense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: You lose?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They got no chance in this game. And the only chance they have is it's their first SEC game, and if it's just some sort of environment where it's a home game too, it's oh yeah, it's the first and it's at home and it's game days there and it's a big atmosphere. That's their only chance that they have. Because you talk about the trub troubles that some of these NFL teams have on their offensive line. Well, let's put this. Well, you got a first round pick for the Cowboys who was at OU last year. They didn't replace him. They got another one to tackle who's playing for the Vikings now, and they got a center who's also in the NFL, and they live Florida State has found out this year. You live by the transfer portal, you die by the transfer portal.
Speaker 3: So well, you need to go get these Coleman guys, then try get them away from going to Texas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then when you're down three wide receivers, your best three wide receivers too. Yeah, there's not much the young quarterback can do, all right, So Everson says this his his pick to click is Jake Ferguson. Five catches, eighty yards and a touchdown. Oh my, and he is picking a Cowboys twenty seven twenty for victory. Right, Okay, who wants to go next?
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm thinkingna keep.
Speaker 6: Cowboys always, I mean always.
Speaker 4: You got a player you want, You got a player who's a player or a player to watch, just a player to watch.
Speaker 2: Offensive line is a unit, well mass one hundred and thirty yards Russian.
Speaker 4: How about Cooper BB going up against Pierce the big game.
Speaker 2: Man? That is like, that's that's that's gonna be a job. Get your hands inside, big fellow, squat down and hold on to everything you got. Yes, it's gonna be a job. It's just that's what it is. They played three four to two. So it's you know, and they be in their base. If we give them a base, look, they're gonna line up center covered both tackles.
Speaker 4: The ninety A beat nice Guy Kinny North High School and nice Kid. Then we had thirteen sacks last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice nice kid.
Speaker 3: Man only got a half so far right.
Speaker 2: Yes, in fact I did a but it had seven last week and you know ninety nine got two of them five.
Speaker 6: Last week in Oway.
Speaker 2: Kyle van Noyt, don't forget about him, old rushy veteran.
Speaker 4: He had a couple of seconds. Yeah last week. Yeah, yeah, And uh we did a illustrator segment with Will McLay on The Mike McCarthy Show, and he featured Matabik on three of the plays. And when I said something about him being from McKinney North, and uh he he jokingly said, yeah, McKinny North. We shouldn't let him get away. He would look good at it Cowboys uniform.
Speaker 7: So does he?
Speaker 6: He didn't say that.
Speaker 7: I know I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When when they line up with him, is he standing up or is he down?
Speaker 2: He's down right down, bro yep detached.
Speaker 7: So he's a D tackle in a basically a.
Speaker 4: Three four defense, like three hundred pounder out who can move three hundred pounder who ran a four to eighty.
Speaker 7: And Michael Pears's the nose tackle.
Speaker 2: Right and what they did and what they're able to do. What I was telling us that we needed to do last week was hit these guys and get ready to run. You go look at the film. All of them, even big peers, they hit, they recognized and they take off running. They linebackers and that left number zero.
Speaker 4: Rokwan Smith.
Speaker 2: That left him free to hit any gap he wanted, you know, and that that that is a steady film on how you stop stretch plays or outside plays. They they were running.
Speaker 4: You know, all right, Mickey, what do you got?
Speaker 7: I got? I can't get this out of my head.
Speaker 3: You talked about, you know, their troubles on their offensive line.
Speaker 7: I can't get out of my head.
Speaker 3: After watching the Raiders in that preseason game, playing their starters against the Cowboys backups.
Speaker 4: For much of the first half of that.
Speaker 7: Most of the first half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Raiders beat Baltimore at Baltimore. I didn't think much of the Raiders. I figured they were in trouble and they.
Speaker 7: Won that game.
Speaker 3: So because of that I changed my mind and I'm going to pick the Cowboys twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 4: That's what you've picked every week. I think, No, you're you picked twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 7: I think the first week.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm counting on my field goal kickers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because we both picked last week.
Speaker 4: Mickey picked twenty eight seventeen.
Speaker 6: Okay, I picked twenty three twenty.
Speaker 4: You picked twenty three to twenty both ways.
Speaker 2: Both ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, So I.
Speaker 7: Replace I replaced them.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go twenty three to twenty again.
Speaker 2: Then, are you I all right down?
Speaker 3: Because we were right the first time? Right, we were, except we were a few. And my pick to click is gonna be Demarvian Overshown.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you're gonna stop those questions.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be looking for Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 4: That's great, all right, So what kind of stats does he need to put up.
Speaker 3: To He's just got to keep Lamar from We got to be coming in here on Monday.
Speaker 6: And so, man, did you see the way over shown play?
Speaker 7: He got five tackles.
Speaker 6: Finally they used it. Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 3: They did use him the first game That's what got everybody excited because Cleveland was in so much three wide receiver offense right and he was the nickel guy. Well, this time I think that they will get him on the field to keep an eye on Lamar. That's almost like being in nickel with him.
Speaker 4: And Okay, I'm gonna go with the Cowboys twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 6: Brandon Aubrey kicks.
Speaker 4: A sixty seven yard field goal to win the game, which is an all time record like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just can't to you a forty.
Speaker 7: You know, you know what, I have to hold your breath.
Speaker 2: I've heard your stats thirty five out. I heard that.
Speaker 4: And Justin Tucker the greatest field goal kicker of all time.
Speaker 6: He's over two.
Speaker 4: He's won for his last seven beyond fifty so.
Speaker 3: But he's ready to set a record move into second place.
Speaker 4: Game is by the way, the game is going to overtime, and uh, Aubrey kicks a sixty seven yarder and then Tucker misses a sixty yarder that would tie it back up. So there you go.
Speaker 3: He's he's made fifty eight field goals from fifty plus yards and if he kicks one more, he'll move in the second behind Matt Prater, who had eighty one fifty plus field.
Speaker 2: Goals in his career.
Speaker 6: Nate loves field goal talk.
Speaker 2: He checked out already. That means you on the next show, either you losing, about to.
Speaker 7: Lose, that's right, I agree with you.
Speaker 6: No, you're not.
Speaker 4: You're not losing the game.
Speaker 6: You're losing listeners.
Speaker 4: All right, that does it. We're out a time you had a partying mixture.
Speaker 7: I think we thank Nate for joining us.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did this, man, Wow, this is nice man Jones.
Speaker 4: High School, Jones Tigers.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 2: Be well, and we ain't never had a field goal. We the won the game. Loss.
Speaker 4: Did you play basketball there? Two?
Speaker 2: I live in one. Very good at it. I could have been if i'd have worked at it. But football is the only thing I could do in and have to work at it. Yeah, too much man.
Speaker 4: So did Switzer come to your school to recruit guys?
Speaker 2: Naughty son of guy. After I left, we had a couple of guys that coach came and looked at it. He took a couple of guys. But now, like you say, you know when he signed his pre scout side, they're like coach he ain't big enough, he fat enough enough, not tall enough? All right?
Speaker 4: Does it for mixed shots for another week thanks to Nate Newton, Producer Supreme, Chris Beam, Mickey Spagnolin, Bill Jones, and we will talk at you again on a victory Monday at high noon.
Speaker 2: On Monday, Cowboys Tennessee lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.