Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, get us. Latino USA is celebrating thirty years today, Ain't that amos? And we would love to hear from you. Dear listener, Do you want to share with us exactly what Latino USA has meant to you? Do you have a birthday wish for us? Leave us a voicemail at six four six five seven to one one two two four. That's six four six five seven to one one two two four, and we might feature your message in an upcoming show grass Yas. This is Latino USA, the Radio Journal of News and Kurture's Latino USA. Latin Us, Latino USA. I'm Maria Inojosa. We bring you stories that are underreported but that mattered to you, overlooked by the rest of the media, and while the country is struggling to deal with these we listen to the stories of black and Latinos. Studios United Latino Front, a cultural renaissance organizing at the forefront of the movement. I'm Maria Inojosa, nose Bayan. Hey, Latino USA, listener, here's a show from our archives from Futro Media and PRX. It's Latino USA. I'm Maria no Josa. Today the Uruguayyan band Notevagusta. You might not have heard of them here in the States, but Noteva Gustad is an Uruguayyan band that has been around for over twenty five years, and they still fill arenas for their concerts in Latin America.
Speaker 2: Nmos eleonor dere Dra Corrosa.
Speaker 1: To mark their twenty fifth anniversary in twenty nineteen, the band released a special album, Otras Cancionist. The album is a compilation of some of their most popular songs, and it includes collaborations with guests like Draco Rosa, Ulieta Venegas.
Speaker 3: Estav Mos, Loss Mirandola Porte, Drexler, Bena Lasi, Belfork, Lena.
Speaker 1: Las and Florid Tolace Lava came Notevagustad, which started as a trio in nineteen ninety four, now has nine members in its lineup. It's primarily a rock band, but they're also influenced by other styles like reggae, salsa, and ska. Three members of Noteva Gustad join us to talk about their music, touring, and what it means to be together for twenty five years. Here are Diego Gartaburu, Martin Hill, and Francisco nase.
Speaker 4: Hello, I am Diego, but we do drummer for not a autar Hi.
Speaker 5: My name is Martin and I played trumpet and I also sing.
Speaker 6: A little Hi.
Speaker 7: My name is Francy Connasse and the keyboard player if not about.
Speaker 8: Stark At the scaler sles and.
Speaker 2: Solos, Fradolo get.
Speaker 5: Well not At is a Uayan band. It started playing at nineteen ninety four. It started just like a power trio and we have nine musicians. At this time, we have nine albums released at this moment studio albums and nowadays we just have visited more than twenty countries and we've been playing for for more than one hundred concerts areas.
Speaker 6: So it changed a lot our lives. We we grew in here and we became.
Speaker 5: Fathers most of us, and so it's been almost behalf of our lives.
Speaker 6: Okay. Our first album is called Solo Energy.
Speaker 5: It was released at nineteen ninety nine, and I would like to let you hear Nedra Serto, which became an emblematic song for us and.
Speaker 6: For people that like our music, so we hope you like it.
Speaker 2: Allwhere to casa quando quieras.
Speaker 4: Siam preti Space on a center.
Speaker 2: Booz kandoas Dmo.
Speaker 4: Extrauito.
Speaker 7: We are like an I don't know the word eclectic band. We've got so many influences. We are nine musicians with everyone has his own.
Speaker 2: Sasies, schools, Bokay, shallow see another.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you can listen from influence from reggae reggae bands or traditional Mexican music or rye music or rock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, rock bands.
Speaker 8: We have to mix rhythms. We have to to do whatever the song tells you to do. Anything that happening. That's the thing about not about that that it's not like a rock and roll band.
Speaker 4: We can play a pop pop song or more folk song, or reggae song or more hard rock songs. That what's special about this man It has not doesn't concentrate on one style.
Speaker 6: We play a lot of styles.
Speaker 4: Okay, This next song is called Chao. It's about basically the girl broke up with the guy and then several years later she came back, but he no longer went away with her.
Speaker 7: Let's have about most loose, doom and dormo.
Speaker 4: Broken well.
Speaker 5: Symp Gilaria talks about the life of a person that reaches eighty years and and he just see that has nothing to left. He's not concerned with with what is happening around and with people that were near him. So so he can't feel that he's going to die, and he will do that without glory and no one will cry for him.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 6: For that.
Speaker 2: Meslan as he means Salban.
Speaker 6: Or Suprian.
Speaker 7: Issues.
Speaker 4: I mean, he didn't do like anything evil, but also anything good. You know, he feels like he awaited his life.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Ye, every country is so different. You can play in the wise our country is like playing for the family and the friends and and people you know, and the fans. It's so But in Argentina is another study. It's a very warm audience. They sing a lot.
Speaker 4: They are part of the show, you know, they like to be a part of the show, so they sing along. Lookie, we love playing live. Yeah, yeah, I mean I think we're pretty good playing playing live, you know, since we go to the studio like every two or three years, like you have to get used to it every time. You have to play in a different way that you play like.
Speaker 7: But the band has a special special energy on stage, so I think we really love that.
Speaker 4: Comb You guys know what not about means if you don't The name means you're not gonna like it. That's what the name of the song the band.
Speaker 6: But be patient, Be patient R S. M. D.
Speaker 4: Tomo, Ma.
Speaker 2: Costalo inover Miss manianassare Co s CORALLAOA Bresao, He show me his mother.
Speaker 1: This episode was produced by Nien Macias and edited by Sophia Parisaka. The Latino USA team includes Andrea Lopez Crusado, Marta Martinez, Mike Sargent, Daisy Contreras, Victoria Estrada, Renaldo Leanus Junior, Patricia Sulbaran, and Elizabeth Lenthal Torres. Our editorial director is Fernandes Santos. Our director of engineering is Stephanie Lebou. Our senior engineer is Julia Caruso. Our associate engineers are Gabriel Abiez JJ Carubin. Our marketing manager is Luis Luna. Our theme music was composed by Sania Rubinos. I'm your host and executive producer Maria Jojosa. Join us on our next episode. You can also find us on your social media and I say no de riyas ciao.
Speaker 6: Funding for Latino USA is coverage of a culture of health is made possible in part by a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the John D. And Catherine Team, Garthur Foundation, and the Ford Foundation.
Speaker 4: Working with visionaries on the front lines of social change worldwide.