Speaker 1: Oh, just a little Friday treat for you. A brand new second date right now.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Brick and Jeffrey Second Date Update podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just a heads up this weekend, we always do the classics two back to back on Saturday.
Speaker 2: And then Sunday. We've been featuring a full show here that seems to be popular. Yeah, so don't go away this weekend. Come check in on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Checking in on the text board and the comment section.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And non Colp said today, I'm flying back home and I switched seats for a family.
Speaker 2: To be together. I got a middle seat with a pretty stinky guy here. So listening to you guys is passing the time.
Speaker 4: Yes, hopefully I won't pass out.
Speaker 2: From the stench.
Speaker 1: Oh say, there's no good deed goes unpunished something soon. Listening to us is smelling some bo kind of sounds fitting at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the right stench. All right, here we go. Brand new Second Date starts right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date Update. We're all familiar with the big dating apps out there. You've heard of the hinges, okay, cupids, the couple of thropples. But what happens when you've tried all the big ones with not much success. You go to quadruples, well sometimes, yeah, kind of yeah, sometimes you got to move on to the lesser known, more niche dating apps. And apparently that's how our listener Troy was able to find himself a connection. So let's learn a little bit more about it. Troy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for having me on. I'm excited to hang out with you guys on the radio.
Speaker 2: Coming in pretty direct.
Speaker 4: Directs, a little bit over eager if you ask me. But that's okay.
Speaker 5: It was a coffee. It was a coffee. I apologize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine. We heard from your email that you met somebody on one of the niche dating apps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Larissa, Larissa, what's that one about?
Speaker 5: That's the girl that's not the app.
Speaker 4: The Girls, the new.
Speaker 1: Dating app that everybody's trying to have a cute app name.
Speaker 4: It's like and Eve, She's sorry, that was so stupid.
Speaker 2: What's the app on?
Speaker 5: It's called Sizzle?
Speaker 2: Sizzle?
Speaker 4: Sizzle?
Speaker 5: Have you ever heard of it?
Speaker 2: Is that just because of sizzle reels?
Speaker 4: Like Brooks pretending like she hasn't been on it?
Speaker 6: She the Bacon Lovers one, Oh, that'd be buddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the bacon dating app.
Speaker 6: You've heard of this, Yeah, I think we talked about on the sh Yeah, i'd I don't know it, but I swear name for bacon lovers, huh.
Speaker 5: For bacon lovers. Yeah, And like I've tried all the regular ones, you know. I was talking with my friends and he was saying that there's like surprisingly cute girls on Sizzle, and at first I hadn't heard of this. Yeah, yeah, huh. So I joined it and there are cute girls on there, and you.
Speaker 1: Know instantly that if they order a salad only at dinner, then they're.
Speaker 5: A catfish, right, big trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so you said the girl that you met, her name is Larissa. What brought you two together?
Speaker 2: Obviously you start talking about bacon, right.
Speaker 5: I think that was like the way to break the ice.
Speaker 6: And that's a good talking because you can say, hey, you like floppy bacon.
Speaker 4: Do you like crispy bacon, and immediately.
Speaker 2: Your avenue the chart bacon.
Speaker 4: You're not really breaking the ice, you're breaking the grease.
Speaker 5: That's true. That Well, the thing is that I'm a crispy bacon fan. I don't like like floppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, floppy is no good.
Speaker 6: What floppies like you? I love a good floppy one and crispy ashy one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, bacon. This bacon topic is really dangerous but sorry. So let's try and focus though on Larissa about what you liked about her and her personality.
Speaker 5: Well, she's bright, she's probably cute. We hit it off talking, right, So I find a place that serves breakfast for dinner.
Speaker 2: Well that's cute. I mean it's called I hop Right.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing, Like, we're bacon officionanos. I want to pick a place that's like has that too. So they had two different kinds of bacon. They had regular and pepper pepper bash.
Speaker 6: Those places that I'll say, like we cut our own bacon and season I love those like diners.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, So I mean you show up and what is that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: We're definitely having fun. It felt like we were having like brunch at six pm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that was literally what was happening pretty much.
Speaker 5: It we were talking about like other things looking bacon too, you know, like we talked about favorite TV shows like Hers is American Idol? Which interesting, that's the kind of thing I didn't really understand too well, because like I was talking about a Game of Thrones, like that's my favorite TV show.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Okay, now that you two aren't connecting, maybe your TV show interests were too different. Like you're a little bit more serious, she's a little bit more like loose on the reality side. Maybe that's where she's coming from.
Speaker 2: You think that's the reason why she You wouldn't call him.
Speaker 4: Back if you don't have similar interests.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like most people don't like reality like you accept it. I mean, are you that passionate about television that it would be a deal breaker?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, don't. I don't think it was that big of a deal because, like we had a good first date. We ended up splitting an Oreo shake after shoot, the sharing part was cool, but I paid for dinner and dessert. I don't want to make sure she didn't have to pay that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm sorry to bring it back to the dinner part, but do you know did you take the very last piece of bacon.
Speaker 2: On the plate and shared plate?
Speaker 4: It didn't offer.
Speaker 5: To let her have it first, so I remember leaving it purposely.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, wow.
Speaker 5: Because we both like food, so like I was like, okay, I will practice restraint.
Speaker 4: Okay, So it sounds like that wasn't the problem. Let's go to the very end of the night. How did you two leave it?
Speaker 5: Okay? So like we finished up the date, we had dessert, it was it was wonderful. Before we left to go back to our cars, we had a really nice hug. There's no kissing, but it was like a really nice hug. And I was I was feeling like I wanted to connect again and going a second date. So like I asked her, I was, do you want to go on a date? And she goes sure.
Speaker 2: Oh she didn't match your enthusiasm.
Speaker 4: Sure was your tone the way that she said it wasn't like sure or was it more like sure?
Speaker 2: Like did she go up or down?
Speaker 4: Or was what sure?
Speaker 5: It felt more like closer to sure.
Speaker 4: She went down?
Speaker 2: And you kept that long?
Speaker 4: You and yeah. It's like when Brooke offers us to like get a bite of her lunch and we're like sure. I don't even say sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like you all say no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. They're not as polite as yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually I brought in a really good stirfry, but the meat is a little chewy if you want to bite later, sure.
Speaker 4: Also, she doesn't know what the meat is. Yeah, but you're right because if it's not bacon, we don't care. Because that's what this second date is all about. Today. We need to help Troy get his sizzle back. Man, all right, so let's get Larissa on the phone and rizzle this sizzler right after this second date update. Out of the thousands of second date calls we've ever done over the years, this I'm pretty sure is the first time we've ever had two people actually meet on the dating app Sizzle for Bacon years. So already this call is historic because that's where our listener, Troy matched with his lovely Bacony staff named Larissa.
Speaker 2: The Queen of the Bacon.
Speaker 4: Yes, ma'am. They went on a late brunch date. Sounded pretty awesome. Some would even call it a grand slam, Troy, would you say? Would you say grand slam? Troy?
Speaker 2: I thought it was okay, Okay, you get the joke.
Speaker 4: I get it, But I don't feel the emotion in your voice. Okay, Well, but he felt like the end of the day. When she said sure to a second met also sounded force, So we don't know why she would be brushing Troy off. We have to get some answers.
Speaker 1: Is there like that many options on the Bacon dating app?
Speaker 5: You'd be surprised. There's like a lot of hobbies out there like bacon.
Speaker 6: I feel like there should be a commercials, like hot models eating bacon. But bacon doesn't need commercials because everyone buys it so much.
Speaker 2: I think with Paris Hilton Base Yeah, somebody.
Speaker 4: They never recovered after that, did that? Okay, Well, let's let's just call Larissa. I'm hoping she answers and can give us some excuse for why she's not calling you back.
Speaker 6: Maybe an answer, not an excuse, like a real.
Speaker 4: Actually, yes, what I mean, like a reason? Yeah, I'd like the real reason.
Speaker 2: Thanks for keeping him on us.
Speaker 4: We'll see. Yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're looking to speak with Larissa.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, that's that's me.
Speaker 4: Hey Larissa, sorry to interrupt your day, but you are currently on a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hi, good morning, Oh, good morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. This might be kind of exciting.
Speaker 3: What what's the call about? Exactly?
Speaker 4: It's about this thing we do called a second date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners who you went out with recently, a guy named Troy.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I don't. I don't think I really want to see him again.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was quick. H If you feel that way, that's totally fine. But the reason that we're doing this is because Troy feels a little bit confused.
Speaker 2: He said he had a great date with you.
Speaker 3: Well, so most of the date went well and I did have a good time, and he's.
Speaker 2: A fun guy.
Speaker 3: I liked him. But something that I don't like is an inconsiderate person.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 4: Oh, that doesn't sound like him.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't believe the amount of compliments he gave you when we talked to him. He seemed so considerate.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, he did give me a lot of compliments and he was nice in that way, but he did something else that rubbed me the wrong way, really bad.
Speaker 4: Would you care to share what that is because it would really help him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he could never do it again, and he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: So we were talking about what our favorite.
Speaker 4: TV shows were, all right, okay, and yours was American Idol and his was Game of Thrones.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, so he obviously remembers some of this conversation. But when he told me Game of Thrones, the first thing I said was that I had never seen it before, but I wanted to watch it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Same, we're rare.
Speaker 4: People are like, you haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it either, Ok, did big investments a lot of time seasons or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was on my list of things to watch. And then I told him that. And then even though I said that to him, he told me the end of the entire series.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 3: He spoiled all of Game of Thrones for you, the whole thing, multiple things from different seasons. He told me all these key plot points.
Speaker 6: And I remember that was a dramatic People would come into work like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, it's kind of impressive because that's a really dense story. And if he's able to cover a lot of it in a short span of time, it's not like.
Speaker 6: The dragon dies kind of thing. Like there's a lot more to it.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a lot of stuff in and it is his favorite show though, so you probably didn't realize he was gushing so much.
Speaker 2: My friends were shocked. I didn't know any spoilers because it's been out for so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, maybe he wasn't telling you all the stuff, like, how do you know, Well, don't say the ending.
Speaker 3: I hooked up a lot of stuff and it was all spoilers.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, you can take that one off your watch list.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you so. For you, you don't trust him anymore because he ruined Game of Thrones, and for.
Speaker 2: Me, he's not considerate because he ruined it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. It seemed like he was trying to explain it to me because he likes it so much. But just the look on my face as he was talking, I just could not believe how much he kept telling me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not like you told him that Carrie Underwood won American Idol.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, okay, this is this is this puts up on a tough spot because I know you don't like spoilers. Oh no, Unfortunately there is a little bit of a spoiler. I need to ruin for you and let you know that Troy's been secretly listening on the other line wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: What he's on the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how this segment works. Are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I'm sorry. Like, I feel really bad.
Speaker 2: Good thing to start with.
Speaker 4: Did you do that on purpose? Did you tell her the end and ruin it for her?
Speaker 5: Well, I got excited. I got excited, and I just started talking about it and like wanting to share it with Larissa.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, one of the most disappointing endings of all time, right, remember say.
Speaker 2: What I watched for that?
Speaker 4: You should talk directly to Larissa because she's pretty upset with you.
Speaker 5: It sounds like, Larisa, I apologize, like, I didn't mean to ruin that for you. I don't know what you're planning to do to watch it, I guess, but like I know that it sounds like it was important to you, and uh, that doesn't mean to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh that was so humble.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean it was definitely on my watch list. I said it before you started telling me the whole war for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: But I know it was just one of those things where I got kind of into it and you didn't tell me to stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I definitely could have interrupted you and like cut you off, but he.
Speaker 4: Went on for thirty whole minutes. That gives you a lot of chances to jump in.
Speaker 3: But I thought he'd stop eventually after season two or three, but you just kept knowing.
Speaker 5: She like that's where it gets good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, I mean, is it spoilers don't necessarily ruin it for you. Like I had never seen Star Wars before. I knew about Darth Vader and Luke and everything, and it was so fun to watch.
Speaker 3: I just feel like it diminishes it a little bit. I mean, like, there's six seasons of it. That's like three weeks in my life where I could have binge watched it and enjoyed and had no idea what was going on. But now I'm like, oh's gonna die this and that's gonna happen, Like I know it's coming.
Speaker 6: That's magic when you're in the middle of a show, yeah, got two seasons behind it, You're two seasons in, You're like, this is the best part.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering how in depth did he get about like the Red wedding though that you're going to ruin it, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like, if you've heard about it, I hope he didn't explain.
Speaker 4: It that way. I mean that you at least got into like the family on Family stuff, right, what should anything? Oh yeah, that's all in there, bro, anything that should be a selling point.
Speaker 5: For you, Like, please don't ruin it even more for her.
Speaker 4: Come on, I didn't do pop culture things. Everyone knows I do.
Speaker 1: Like, maybe you guys just need to find a favorite TV show together that you both haven't watched.
Speaker 6: Yeah, combine the two American throne.
Speaker 2: That's just the Kardashians.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I feel like I'm kind of realizing that Troy did not do that to be malicious. He didn't do it to be a jerk and ruin it for me. He was just passionate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and to be sure, it didn't in twenty nineteen, so there's some time you didn't have a little bit of time to see it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, we had whole pandemic to watch it right for.
Speaker 4: A lot of years. But listen, now, I'm starting to feel a little bit of sizzle happening all over again.
Speaker 2: The back turned on.
Speaker 4: Might be I'm feeling a little bit of heat happening, And now might be the right time to ask Larissa if you'd be willing to give Troy one more chance at another date, and if you say yes, we would pay for it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think I may have overreacted, So I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, congratulations, man, this actually worked out for you. Or is it now that you don't want to go out with her because she knows too much?
Speaker 5: You know what? I think I'm just going to focus on Bacon for this date.
Speaker 4: Ye go back to the thing that bonded you.
Speaker 5: There you go, a little.
Speaker 3: Christ I get floppy.
Speaker 4: I hope you're still talking about Bacon rookie Jeffrey in the morning. I didn't think I would say this, but those two were actually kind of cute.
Speaker 2: They were totally good. Like she came back and said she have reacted.
Speaker 1: He apologized for it, like it was so so emotionally mature.
Speaker 2: It was so touched me.
Speaker 4: And if it continues to go, well, is there dare I say, a Bacon wedding in their future? What does that look like?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: Already I'm thinking BLTs okay as the apps that.
Speaker 2: Are being passed out, little mini ones, fountain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anything you have a little Bacon Grease first dance soundtrack to the movie Grease, or possibly I would take footloose by Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 2: Kevin Bacon had to make an appearance for sure.
Speaker 4: Flower girl just spreads bacon bits down the aisle instead.
Speaker 2: I can smell it. Now.
Speaker 4: Would the ring bear just be a pig in a tuxedo?
Speaker 2: That's kind of morbid. Don't make him witness that.
Speaker 4: They put him up on a chair and lift him like it's a bar mitzvah. No, alright, we don't like that part.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 4: It's not our wedding, just playing, it's theirs. If it happens, hopefully they stay together because I'll tell you we've got ideas. Yeah, that's fine, but hopefully you invite us into your love life. If you need a little help with it, we can call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates. They're up online wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning