Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Covino Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR. All right, Yeah, bump day, action packed hour. We got wisdom to spread, we got midweek major. We gotta talk Rob Gronkowski and more. Covino and Rich broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Dicky Tajos is in Texas at the Wieni Fest and New Bromfles.
Speaker 2: It's called Worst Fest, not though you're the Wieni Fest, so it's Worst Fest.
Speaker 1: Bought. I thought they were honoring you and that's why you went. I'm the Greg Martin. Be sure to check out our new YouTube channel. You can watch us live Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube Covino and Rich FSR. Hit subscribe and thumbs up and check out our podcast. While you're at it, search Covino and Rich. We be rocking out, so we got to wrap up this Gronk conversation. But the big news today is Anthony Joshua, Jake Paul still in the works. We talked about it first hour. I want to say again, the more I think about it, Jake Paul has no shot. However, everybody has a fighter's chance. It's just is it beneath Anthony Joshua. We got to see what the money's all about and what happens and in the world of fighting Rich, I just got to say, shame on everybody for downplaying the significance of Christy Martin because no one's going to see that movie. And Sydney Sweeney put all her heart and soul into this project and nobody cares. And it's a big story. And there's a lot of boneheads out there like Rich who were downplaying her significance. And I was like, dude, I heard of her, Dude, Well that's on you. She was a dominant female boxer in the Mike Tyson era, fighting on those pay per views and breaking through in female boxing. Pioneer man, she was the best there was out there, so I understand it's just her fame didn't transcend. But it's like some Wheeler who the fabulous Mulah. Get at him, Get out of my face, Get out of my face. That's like saying Pacman wasn't popular because you don't see him today, you know what I mean? Like she was popular back then, her fame just didn't transcend into the day's world. It's like saying Ronda Ralsi wasn't big thirty years from now. It's like, yeah, she was, Doug.
Speaker 2: Yo, don't you say something so asinine? As Ronda Rausi and Christy Martin in the same conversation, I.
Speaker 1: Never said Christy Martin's asses a nine, But Sidney Sweeney not too shabby? No, I said, Asinine? Oh, Asenine? What is that? Just kidding? I'm joking. God, you know, just because you're ignorant of her career don't know who she was, doesn't make the fact that she was a prominent figure in the world of boxing not true. She was guess what, pally.
Speaker 2: Her story hasn't really been told, so maybe Sidney Sweeney is the person to do it.
Speaker 1: But go around the studio.
Speaker 2: If I'm the only ass clown, and then call me the club. But Sam, Danny g Dan Bayer, were you that familiar with the career in life of Christy Martin before you found out Sidney Sweeney was doing a movie.
Speaker 1: That's like saying, you don't remember Butterbean. Butterbean was a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually do. And I'm not saying this because of the Cavino guy. But she was the only female boxer.
Speaker 1: She was the only one that anyone cared about, and women were like, damn, man, this girl kicks ass. I remember the female American Gladiators more well. I remember I was a big fan of Blaze myself.
Speaker 2: I remember the Glow. I remember the gorgeous ladies of wrestling. I watched Glow wrestling as.
Speaker 1: You also the biggest bonehead here. You are making fun of Gronkowski. You you think that just anything that you know is fact, and that's it. Anything that happened before you or your knowledge didn't count or never happened. That doesn't make it true. That's a good point, but that doesn't make it true. So anyway, that's also a big story that Rich and I were fighting about on our Patreon early today. But since boxing's in the news with Anthony Joshua, wanted to bring that up. Iowa, Sam, what's up?
Speaker 4: I have three takes must make I'm just champion at the bit here, I only knew about butter Bean through Jackass.
Speaker 1: Gotta be honest, he was guessing you're also a little younger, Sam, Yeah, you're in your thirties. Dude, apparently done almost done with that. And then also you said the Asac joke. That's I think that's an old Jeff fox Worth the Blue Collar Comedy tour? Are you calling me a Carlos smithcia? I just remember him saying a foreigner. Now, I don't know, I don't follow blue collar comedy. This is an old joke from that tour.
Speaker 4: But I want to say that I read an article about this movie that this the company that was in charge of distributing and kind of promoting it just did not do a good job of letting people know hello.
Speaker 1: And she was part of a giant controversy with the stupid genie, so that overshadowed it.
Speaker 4: Also, the company that was supposed to advertise it and promote it did not do a great job.
Speaker 1: And uh, let me let me ask you this. I said this to Rich, I said, what Jake Lamatta everyone was so well versed in Jake Lamada. No, but Raging Bow was still a great movie, you know, and Robert de Niro is in it. A good movie is gonna be a good movie. Maybe it's not that good of a movie. I don't know, but her story and her legitimacy in boxing should not be under line.
Speaker 4: And also one more thing, you guys, I only knew about her because you guys had been tipped off that she was going to be in this movie. It was in the works, and so we started talking about her. I didn't know who she was, but I also didn't know who like the guy in Cinderella Man was, And that's a great movie.
Speaker 1: James, I said to me, Broaderick, what's James? Uh? What the hell's his name? He did the he built the Goffels Bridge. Why am I trying? Oh, Matthew Broderick, No, James, that hell's his name? James Braddock. James Braddock. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so like, you don't have to know about these people j brad from the history books. But if you, if a movie tells you about it, that's the whole point of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rich is like Rich's stances. Nobody knows her. What do you know about Jake Lamata? What did you know about James J. Braddick? Nothing, absolutely nothing. So that's not it. It's bad publicity, and it's the fact that she got bad press and no one promoted this enough.
Speaker 2: Hey, bang your head against the wall and maybe you'll clear up some of those coblips or something that's going on. Because I said to you earlier today, I'll say it again. If this movie was on Netflix, you know HBO max If who was on Prime. It's a great like, oh, documentary about a female boxer. I might not know that much about, Oh, Sidney Sweeney and those you know her speedbags.
Speaker 1: I'm watching, you said, you said because nobody knows Christy Martin, because you actually what you said, because you don't know Christy Martin. You and you think you're the b all end All because you didn't know her. That's why nobody cares. And I'm telling you I watched a movie about Frankenstein last night. You think I care about Frankenstein? Since when is that the reason you watch something? What do you watch about Frankenstin? There's so many good shows on you. There's new movie on Netflix. It's actually pretty good. Well, you know, I'm about to fly home tonight anyway, frankenst is a gear Mode del tour. Yeah, I think so. It's really good. Yeah, but I'll tell you what, I don't want to harp too much on it because we still got to talk Gronkowski and our guy Mike is here. Our guy Mike is here. He's a busy guy. He don't have time to waste and he wants to drop some wisdom on Hold on, Mike. Mike's a guy that knows a lot. Who you know, Big Micro runs his place there. He is everybody watched and thinks we have Rick from Pond stars on.
Speaker 2: I tell you you know, Mike, our buddy Shay at Fox Sports Radio. He was hanging on our Patreon the other day and we brought up Peter Peter Gammons looking like Philip Drummond from of course Different Strokes, and he didn't know the story, like see.
Speaker 1: The little guy that you know. Gary Coleman goes, yeah, I've heard of him.
Speaker 2: I go, you know, he's famously known for sea blocking Big Mike, Mike, do you know the Do you know much about Christy Martin before the stock Yeah?
Speaker 5: Actually I was way into Christy Martin back in the end of the day. She was a trail blazer and absolutely in the news. I knew all about her.
Speaker 1: She was on the cover of magazines. She was everywhere. She was the girl except you know that story sort of fizzled when the eighties went away.
Speaker 2: Well, you and Kevino could go together cut a hole in the popcorn box for all I care.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, hey, just because you don't know it doesn't make it true.
Speaker 5: We're not a Saturday night life skit.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And if you don't know, how about you go and watch and learn something reaching a box over here, so you know what I mean. Anyway, your thoughts at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Now is your chance. We do this every Wednesday, your chance to take home some seeing our goodies. Some prizes are nerf CNR on FSR turbo football and if you could repeat Mike's Wednesday words of wisdom verbatim, you win.
Speaker 5: Yah.
Speaker 2: These turbo footballs, I feel like they're the type where, you know, like back of the day when your kid, you're like you, I could throw this seventy yards.
Speaker 1: It's a nice one. Yeah. This one has a nice grip and nice weight to it. So all right, Mike, it's all you. It's time for the guy that runs this place.
Speaker 3: Just for clarification, guys, big Mike does not run this place. He is not in charge of everything. He has no power of really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 6: It's big Mike's words of wisdom on a Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Sports do not build character, They reveal it.
Speaker 1: Man, that's an easy breezy wow. No repeats, no repeats on that one. If you can't repeat that verbatim, you're bonehead. Yeah, it's one of my favorite of all time. That's a good one, tho.
Speaker 5: Absolutely one of my favorite of all time, being a sports fan, always played sports my whole life growing up. It's it's so true it hurts.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mike, can you feel about Damn Bayer adamantly denying you run this place?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think we need to get into the issues between me and Dan Bayer right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 5: We've been we've been working together for decades, literally decades.
Speaker 7: I watched you know that, Mike, the minute we brought that up. Yeah, Mike runs this place. Dan was the quickest to shoot.
Speaker 5: That does not surprise absolutely does not surprise me at all.
Speaker 1: There's a long history there, so that's why he did not hesitate.
Speaker 3: You guys, walk in all new and stuff, and I like that he must be the guy that runs things. And I blame both of you actually for for perpetuating this lie.
Speaker 1: It's become a thing. Dan, I refuse to dignify.
Speaker 5: I have that with the response.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sticking with it. I'm sticking with the story for all right. So the number is eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. If you think you could repeat that verbatim, if you want a chance to win a nerve football, it's a great stocking stuffer your chance to win right now? Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. It's Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom.
Speaker 2: No cove, you're gonna be watching tonight. A big test for the Lakers. Let's talk a little NBA Lakers, Okase, I know it's early, Lebron's not even back yet, but is this a Is this a great early season litmus test for Danny G's Lakers.
Speaker 1: I think the answer is obvious. Yes, yeah, absolutely, See where they stand, See how good they play against the former champs. I mean absolutely, Like we talked about before with Jake Paul, if he could beat even contend with an Anthony Joshua, it puts you in a different level so you could play hard and lose, but still I think moral victories at this stage of the season do mean something. I think if you can compete and you could build some confidence off this game tonight, you don't even have the whole team together, you could play good against the Thunder. Yeah, it says a lot. You know.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because remember when the Nuggets won a couple of years ago, and we were all very much on board with Man, the Nuggets look like they could win a few in a row.
Speaker 1: They seemed pretty unstoppable. Yeah, they're eight and two now.
Speaker 2: I mean, anytime you'll Kiches on the team, you're gonna compete at a high level. Much like any sport, not easy to repeat, which is why the Dodgers got so much credit this year running it back and find in a way to win in seven games. Right, are you looking at an OKAYC team that's eleven and one sort of picking up with the left off.
Speaker 1: They're so young too. That's the thing that they're young and fresh and.
Speaker 7: Say eleven it's youth and chemistry. Man, they got it all.
Speaker 2: I mean, you gotta say, the biggest obstacles could could be if Wemby Fox and the Spurs really click, or if Denver finds their way back there or Danny g I would imagine your Lakers of the other team you would argue in the West, that could give them problems.
Speaker 1: So what are you expecting tonight?
Speaker 8: You know, finally, I shouldn't say finally because he just missed three games, but Austin reeves back from the groin injury. So we get the dynamic duo, the new dynamic duo. They're the only two dudes together scoring thirty plus points this season so.
Speaker 1: Far, and they look like they're having fun doing it a lot of yeah, a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: You saw them inspecting the court to see him through the longest bucket in one of them was like almost a full court shot. And yeah, they're having fun doing this. And then the question remains, and we talked about this a little bit last week. How is the chemistry gonna work when bron comes back onto the court.
Speaker 2: You know, I emphasize morale and clubhouse guys and locker room guys, probably too much because I feel like, just when I.
Speaker 1: You're a guy. You know the reason we have fun at Fox, and I think the reason we do well. And we took this to afternoons. There wasn't room for Cavino and Rich. We made room here on Fox Sports Radio because we were having so much fun. And I think that only happened because of the vibe and the people we work with, and that brings out the best in you. You're a vibe. If there's someone here, let's say Iowa Sam is sick, and someone else that we don't know that well is in right, the ViBe's a little different. And Rich is a vibe guy. And that's how it works sometimes, not only in broadcasting, but at the office and.
Speaker 2: On the court, when I play even Rex Sports, Yeah, I'm a vibe guy. So when I see the Lakers and Reeves and Luca looking like they're really enjoying each other's company, and when a team looks like they're having fun, I know that that sounds like, oh, Rich, that's just one layer of it. But I feel like that's a very important layer. Many teams, you hear so many teams that go further talk about that intangible like, yo, we actually like each other. We eat together on the road, our wives hang out like we we just enjoy each other. And I've always been a big fan of like There's a reason why we push to have Io Sam come with us when we do mornings filling in for Dan and Danny g. We want to make sure he was part of it. We wanted to make sure Spot came with us wherever we went because we've worked with him for years. I think creating that atmosphere is the only way to beat I'm being serious, the only way to beat Oklahoma City with that young team that just seems so talented.
Speaker 1: It's gonna have to be a team that's just clicking and has that clicking and his trust in each other, right, Because.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're gonna out talent and out hustle the Oklahoma City Thunder. They're too young and good and they, if anything, they got better from last year.
Speaker 1: They're eleven and one. This team could for all we know, they can.
Speaker 2: They can make a little run top three record of all time in NBA regular season history. They don't look like they want to ever lose, So to beat them, talent is gonna have to be just a layer of it. It's gonna have to be camaraderie and teammates.
Speaker 1: So I'll root for that tonight. I'm stoked to see the Lakers compete and look, it's Wednesday night. I'm sitting home watching Frankenstein. So if you got nothing else to watch, if you're not watching this, then we're to hell you. Ah yeah, Enrich.
Speaker 8: The other guy who has great chemistry with this current crew is DeAndre Ayton, and there were a lot of question marks about him joining the team because he's had some ups, a lot of downs in the NBA so far, lack of effort that fingers usually pointed at him. But he seems to be loving playing with Luca. Luca is special when he gets around bigs with the alley oops, the nice passes. I mean, don't forget that. Not only is Luca an elite scorer, but his rebounds and assists are off the hook right now.
Speaker 2: Bro, you know it's so understated, and I get it. Talent's gonna Talent is the most important thing, don't get me wrong. But can you know, think about at the workplace when you're playing rex sports, anything you do, a family gathering you've talked about, like, you know, you go meet some new girls family and if there's like no music playing, you're hearing the knives and forks on the plate. You're like Oh my god, I don't want to hang with these people.
Speaker 1: It's just speaking of music, you could have a room of the greatest musicians. If they're not vibing, they're not making any hits. Yeah, right, So I just I just look at it.
Speaker 2: I'm very curious to see how Lebron clicks when he comes back with this team that seems like between eight and Luca and Reeves, they actually seem like they're having fun together. If Lebron could bring that smile and that you know, goat mentality that he's one of the best ever to that team and work with them, Lakers could be dangerous. I really think that way, because we've all seen that coworker that's talented, you know. But if they're like not cool to be around, or they're not vibing with everyone, it doesn't matter how good they are.
Speaker 1: They're they're they're killing it. Bronnie jameson tonight, Danny g not that I know, no, right, he's still out. That's kind of weak, all right. So I think we got some contestants, maybe got a winner Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom. Let's start with Dave in Missouri. Your chance to win a CNR on FSR Turbo Football.
Speaker 9: Dave sports do not build character, they reveal it.
Speaker 1: Bonus points. If you can tell me who that quote is from. Yeah, I'll throw in a uh Bakoozie, Christy Martin. That's the world famous boxer Christie. I was to say, out of the world famous Mike from Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: No, okay, I steal them.
Speaker 8: Sometimes I'll give you a hint. Big Mic is a U c L A guy.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 5: Maybe the greatest coach in the history of team sports. Uh, christ Nelson, John Wooden, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John Wooden, the legendary John Wooden. How's my next guest on coach?
Speaker 8: He's the greatest coach I know. David in Missouri, congrats. We're gonna get you on the mailing list. As soon as the shipment of balls arrive, you will get one in the mail.
Speaker 1: Hey, great job man, and everybody on hold. A lot of people chimed in on that one because that was an easy layup, but a great word of wisdom, Mike. Everyone on hold or when I called, we appreciate it. Your next chance to win is tomorrow. We'll be doing more trivia and we do this every Wednesday. Mike's Wednesday, where is a wisdom? So always giving away prizes On the Cavino and Rich Show, we still got Midweek Major the biggest stories in sports and pop culture. We decide, are they Midweek Major? Plus? Your phone calls next right here on Covino and Rich. Yeah, buddy, Now all your favorite NBA players are back. In DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports by partner of the NBA is the place to bet on NBA stars this season.
Speaker 2: Hey, new customers, bet just five buckeroos, get three months of NBA League Pass, which is awesome, plus score three hundred dollars if your bet wins paid in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: You gotta download the DraftKings Sports Book gap use code cr show that's killing our shows crsaho w bet five bucks and get three months of league pass plus get three hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with Draftkinks, the Crown is yours.
Speaker 9: Gambling problem called what eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope in wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas pass through if per wager tax may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets, which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required. NBA League pass Auto renews until canceled. Additional terms at dk NG dot co. Slash Audio limited time offer.
Speaker 1: Yah, welcome to Stevie, Steve and the Funky Bunch. Yeah, you're one of my Funky Bunch. Rich Oh, thanks man, Yeah, you're the photus. You're the fun you like Funky Winkerbean? Well, hey, don't worry.
Speaker 2: You might be uh Stevie seeing the Funky Bunch. I'm the Sausage King of New Brothels Texas.
Speaker 1: Oh you like the Abe Proman of Texas. I like it. That's Rich Davis Slack from your He's at the Worst French King of Chicago. That's Iowa Sam on the Ones and twos. Danny g is the super producer of this show. So if you like the show, big props to Danny g and of course spot getting ready for Midweek Major. Dan Byer's got your updates. It's the show. Thank you guys for being part of it.
Speaker 2: Before we get to midwek Major, I want to tell Charles Barkley that two things. A. He was my favorite NBA player of the nineties. I was always a big sir Charles fan. Loved him as a sixer, even more as a Phoenix Sun. I always loved Charles Barkley, love him on his commentating Now.
Speaker 7: You loved his song Crazy And I was like, that's not him, dude, that's NARLS Barkley.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's it, which is like, and he was a great singer. I was like, no, he's not. You guys are terrible. You're terrible, terrible. You guys are terrible.
Speaker 2: You know I have I have a fun fact about Narls Barkley in a second.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, man, We're good. No, I'm gonna give it to you. I don't know what to say. Yo, we're really good. We got Midweek Major at the time.
Speaker 2: I want you know what all you guys, I'm gonna tell you, I disagree with Charles Barkley because when I'm down here in South Texas, San Antonio, Austin area, he always says the women are a bunch of tortas and he doesn't like the women I feel like down here, I was Sam, and tell all your single friends. I told Shay, one of the producers, go to Texas. Everyone's it's like hot blonde and gorgeous Latino women. It's like it's like sign up. Everyone is ridiculously good looking down here. But Narls Barkley that song Crazy from the two thousands.
Speaker 7: So see, so man I brought this up? Is this like a did you get this on a calendar? Like Narls Barkley fun Factor of the day.
Speaker 2: Narls Barkley, You Nimrods is Seelo Green and Danger Mouse And guess where they met? The University of Georgia. They were playing an event for the Bulldogs college football and they said, oh, we like each other, let's work together.
Speaker 1: And they made that song. So see it ties into college football, you bozos. Great story Live from Fox Sports Radio. For over forty years, ty Iraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how and where they drive. Ship fast and free back my free road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com. The wait tire buying should be Are you ready, Dicky Davis? Yeah, I write it here.
Speaker 2: I rather see the story of Selo Green and Danger Mouse than Christy Martin.
Speaker 1: But go on, Today's time for Spotty's mid Week Major.
Speaker 6: Covino and Rich gets you over the middle of the week where mid Week Major Major.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 6: We throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids say.
Speaker 3: That's summit.
Speaker 6: We definitely patree our score Midweek Major.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's go quickly. Coveno threw me off.
Speaker 7: Because you're pop locking you better and you were better off just sticking with the full intro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, man, all right.
Speaker 8: Well, and the other thing that has thrown us off today, Rich is in Texas. We normally throw those two big red love dice on the floor in there.
Speaker 1: Oh, Richie didn't pull one on the plane with you, man.
Speaker 8: Extra forty dollars for a love dice? Carry on, all right? So number one through ten Coveno.
Speaker 1: Uh should I shout it? Yeah? For six?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Rich whoever comes closest, Gary Carter, Steve Young number eight.
Speaker 4: It's just hit seven six seven, Yeah, it's that six eight, you bozo.
Speaker 1: The numbers three.
Speaker 8: Coveno gets to go first out and the ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person besides Judy Bloom from Scotch Plains New Jersey Spotty Boy.
Speaker 7: I don't even know to begin, but you know what, we will start with the Christie movie since we've been talking about it.
Speaker 1: You just mentioned it now.
Speaker 7: People of course backlash coming off of that from the poor box office performance. Well, jumping in fellow actress Ruby Rose. I don't know if you're familiar with her. She was on Orange is the New Black and the John Wick movies. So she went on a ran on social media platform threads saying that the original script was incredible in life changing and that she was actually slated to play Christy Martin in the film. She said that, you know, it was a great script. Everyone involved with the project was gay, because she's also gay and Christy Martin gay as well, and saying that for her, for City Sweeney's pr to say that the flop, the flop had to do with she was just doing it for the people, as horrible, she called a recruitant.
Speaker 1: She said that Christy Martin deserves better.
Speaker 7: As you know, the movie only pulled in one point three million dollars at the box office this weekend, and if it holds it that to be the worst movie opening in movie history midweek or major.
Speaker 1: It's turning out to be a major story because the story of how bad it's doing is actually becoming bigger than the story of Christy Martin. Everybody's talking about it today, and Rich and I, you and I have been debating it all day long. I am team team Sidney Sweeney all the way. She said that sometimes art is about isn't about the numbers, It's about the impact. And his story was to be impactful and motivational and it was supposed to inspire women because that's what Christy Martin's story was. So to focus on the numbers here is a little a little tone deaf, because this is a story about overcoming unfortunately, you know, it sometimes is a numbers game. But I feel like Ruby Rose, let's tie it back to boxing. When it comes to bullying. You can't you punch up, you can't punch down, as they say, And I feel like Ruby Rose has to punch up at Sidney Sweeney, because who really cares about Ruby Rose. Everybody's talking about Sidney Sweeney. She's the it girl. So that's how you want to get your name in the news. You want to attack someone more famous than you. I think it's major gotten that room.
Speaker 2: Major only guts of the magnitude of the people involved. To quote James Franco and remember the movie the interview, don't.
Speaker 1: Be so peanut butter and jealous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like like if Ruby Rose was in it, it would make one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Get the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: I just think the content was made for Netflix or HBO Max or something like that. I don't think anyone was seeing a Christy Martin movie expecting big money. H Ruby Rose, Ruby Rose, Uh, listen, she's she's the hot, short haired lesbian that spot pointed out. She's Sidney Sweeney's gorgeous. They're both good looking. That's not the qu I don't know what the debate is here, Like she thinks if she played.
Speaker 1: Dude, So she's like she's sort of hitting below the bell another boxing pun. Maybe she's lurting. She's hitting below the bell when Sidney Sweeney just did her best to pray Christy Martin. She does her story gave her the endorsement. Who cares? What Ruby Rose says, Well, yep, we have him a wrestling out.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I had to look up what a Cretan is. It sounds like something from an evangelical pastor. Well it's just stupid person. Well yeah, but it has to reference for people from the islands of an esther called Fred Stanford. I'm pretty sure because you guys pay anyone pay attention in school.
Speaker 7: All right, Mike Tyson, as we know, his next big opponent slated to be Floyd Mayweather fighting next month and our next year in an exhibition. Well he's revealed actually his latest opponent, and that's toe fungus. So Tyson made an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel's show and discussed his habit that he used to fight without socks, saying that it was done strictly for the fashion. He said that it was hardcore and intimidating to fight without socks. Well, he said that it led to a quote disintegrating dose of foot fungus and it was really bad and it's still really bad. So even joked about uh turning it into its sponsorship with the product Desinex, and he said, it can't help me. My toes look like they blew up. So his toes are disgusting and in bad condition.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what happened your your feet is major because your feet could burst into flames. And that's why John Madden always endorsed because you don't watch. Remember they go on fire. Yeah, the shower.
Speaker 4: Then there's flames coming out of the feet in the shower because they were so itchy.
Speaker 1: Spot you're an expert in hongo foot.
Speaker 7: I did have a Yeah, I've had a bit of a foot fungus, but I went to the doctor, took care of it. You know what in today's world, here's the deal, and she get antib adicts.
Speaker 1: You remember I had the hongo foot. That's why I went anytwhear with facts hongo foot. It seems like like the Livvy Done. Remember when Livy Done was caught out there with sweaty armpits and then she got an endorsement. The more Mike Tyson owns his foot fungus, the more he's open to endorsements, and he's probably making money as a result. So it seems to be a blueprint for money nowadays. Yeah, so spot, you might as well talk about your hadroids. Maybe someone will sponsor you. Oh sure, absolutely, you know right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's mad because a lot of people have foot funcus because it's Mike Tyson, and anything about Mike Tyson's interesting to act intenact.
Speaker 1: Can you know it's so funny? I wrote that exactly, said an.
Speaker 2: With all my serial killers scratch a barkings. Today on my page, I wrote Libby Dunn's armpits. When you're popular, like Libby Dunn or Mike Tyson, you could turn, as you say, turned dilemmas into dilemonade. And you know what, Mike Tyson don't need the money, but he can probably get a sweet toe Fungus endorsement deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you knock out your toefunk. It's with Hango foot Mike Tython endorsed like whatever it is. Whatever, yeah, whatever product it is, he'd be the spokesman. He is the spokesman. Congrats all right, NBA.
Speaker 7: Over to the NBA, they officially announced their plans and format for the upcoming NBA All Star Game. I know we teased it in the past, but they made the official noun yesterday which is set set to take place at LA's and two at Dome on February fifteenth. So rather than being divided into conferences Eastern and Western Conference, they're going to be going international. So there will be two teams consisting of American stars and one international team that will compete in a round robin tournament consisting of four to twelve minute games. After the first three games, the two teams with the best record will face for the championship. This apparently has been in talks for years to move to this format, but as you remember, with the success of NHL's Fourth Nations Face Off, it was a bit of a catalyst pushing this forward. Picking teams will remain the same position decks initiate Nations will no longer be a factor. Starters determined by voting from fans. Other players and media fans think it's a horrible idea. They've been hating the All Star Game in the past few years and think it's only going to get worse. And the biggest, the funniest thing is they're like, the international team is going to kick the American team's ass because the Internet think about the international team Giannis Jokic, Sga, Luca and Wemby. So put those five guys on a team. American teams do not stay in a chance midweek major. Oh, this is major.
Speaker 1: Major. You said it with hockey, it worked, it was great. You got the World Baseball Classic, you got football trying to become an international sport. They were just in Germany and had a great turnout and a great game soccer and fighting. Obviously international sports. Basketball's been there, and now it's time to own it and lean into it. And it's time for the Americans to step up and reclaim their game. Man. And I think that's so cool. I love when the nations, when nation pride is involved, you're you're more passionate about it, and it only helps the NBA in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'd rather watch Christy Okay, No, I think this is great.
Speaker 1: I will say the spot nailed it. I think it's major gofinroom major.
Speaker 2: When you go back to the Dream Team and what Michael Jordan, Metric Johnson, Charles Barkley, that Larry Bird, what they did globally for the game Christian Ladies is Christian Lader is uncomparable. But look at what it's done. It's now made the international team far superior. Would Spot name those people, SGA, Luca Wemby.
Speaker 1: That team is gonna whoop the American team.
Speaker 2: So, like you're right, it's time for the US to try to put together their team.
Speaker 1: I think it's worth watching. I think it's cool. Okay, it's very cool. Thanks guys, Thanks Bob, great stuff man, great story, Spotty boy. Over to the man, Dan Byer take it away.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you very much. Spot Let's get into news from the NFL as Jamis Winston will be the starting quarterback for the Giants of their week eleven matchup with the Packers on Sunday. Jackson Dart is not going to start because of the concussion Russell Wilson demoted to third on the depth chart but likely to be Winston's backup on Sundays. Dart is not expected to be available for the game. Forty nine Ers quarterback Brock Purty, limited in practice today, signs that he could start against the Cardinals, returning from a total injury. Cardinals wide receiver Marvin Harrison Junior will not play in the game. In fact, he could miss multiple games after having surgery for an appendicitis. Texans quarterback CJ. Stroud didn't practice today he's got a concussion that he suffered in Week nine. Broncos held running back JK. Dobbins out of practice today as they contemplate whether to put him on injured reserve with a foot injury. And Ravens quarterback Lebar Jackson miss practice today as well, but he should be on the practice field tomorrow dealing with a sorenee. He's expected to start in Cleveland coming up on Sunday. Former NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown was released on twenty five thousand dollars bond and placed under house arrest as he faced his second degree attempted murder charges in Florida. LA Clippers card Bradley Beale done for the season. He needs surgery to repair a fracture in his hip. Lebron James for the Lakers took part in five on five drills in practice with the G League. South Bay Lakers Bucks forward Giannison Tetekumpo out tonight for their matchup in Charlotte against the Hornets.
Speaker 1: And two baseball notes.
Speaker 3: Cleveland Guardians pitcher Luis Ortiz entered a not guilty plea in federal court today for his alleged role in the gambling scandal. Released on five hundred thousand dollars bond. He's two back in court next week. Saw Young Awards to be handed out after the top of the hour. Guys, back to you.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh you b b B.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask dB, how do you feel about your Seahawks against the Rams this weekend. That's a big game, both seven and two. Someone's trying to get first place there, buddy.
Speaker 3: Boy, Yeah, I if you're asking, I think they're gonna win. I think they have an opportunity. But I just I want to see them play against the team that I think is the best in the NFL right now. So I think it's just a good measuring stick. I'm not so much concerned about the win and loss, although it would be really nice to get a win.
Speaker 2: It's not like so far won't have Seahawks fans cheering. Are you gonna try to go where you're busy this weekend?
Speaker 3: I have my show on Sundays that Cavino knows about five Eastern two Pacific, Rich Davis, Remember you guys always turn it on when you guys are gathering at Rich's house during the late games. You turn down the TV and you play the show that carry Roads, and I do so if you.
Speaker 1: Do, you know, guy, I get it. Man.
Speaker 2: Rams are three and a half point favorites, but I sort of like your Seahawks to you know, put up a fight this weekend.
Speaker 1: That's a good game.
Speaker 3: How about this late window. I'm curious to see your big screen TV. But you got well, you guys are gonna be at the game, so it's not gonna matter. But Cardinals, Niners, Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs, Broncos, and then Ravens Browns. So that's your late window coming up in week eleven.
Speaker 1: Pretty good stuff. Pretty good. Thank you dB, Thanks guys, Thanks Dan. All Right, so Rich, we still have a few things to get to. I don't know if you want to talk about overrated? How about to choose your adventure overrated? Jordan Love? Do you want to talk about Skeens being a Yankee stop knowing? Or do you want to talk about Berner account? No, Skeens being a Yankee would make me want to throw up, so I want to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Jordan Love a little NFL labeling people too soon, We'll get to it next.
Speaker 1: C an R on FSR Hanktime, Hey Cove, Hey Rich anymore Noel's Barkley fun facts.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, if you want me to tell you more about their friendship, I can.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me more about Danger Mouse? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean it was like he was like, Hey, Cela, I like working with you. We should do a song together. And then and the rest is history.
Speaker 1: Go Bulldogs, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio Live from Fox Sports Radio Studio. Remember our show sponsored by DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA. And right now use the promo code CR show to claim your special offer at DraftKings. Again, that's promo code CR show CR s h o W at DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: And getting a new job could be so much easier, so very much easier with Express Employment Pros. With Express you'll have a local connection to the job market. Get started at expresspros dot com to find the location in the ear you That's www dot expresspros dot com. Now, Covino, I got to ask from my flight home tonight, I know you're very excited to see me, wait up tomorrow, Uh, should I download the Eddie Murphy doc that it dropped today on Netflix if people want a little something to watch.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I'm gonna watch that. But the a Rod one is also really intriguing. I think new episode, no new episode, I think it's tomorrow and that's on HBO Max. But episode one is out and you get some great insight on what makes him tick, his relationship with his dad, you know, insight from his ex wife again about how he's emotionally stunted, and you just see what a Rod was like growing up. Really intriguing figure, So check that out too, or I mentioned Frankenstein. Guermo del Toro's Frankenstein's on Netflix actually pretty decent so far. I didn't finish frank I rather with Giermo from Jimmy Kimmel. Okay, exciting.
Speaker 8: Also, if you're a basketball fan, there is a great new Alan Iverson documentary that just dropped.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, yeah, there's always something great I.
Speaker 2: Get nowadays in sports it feels like if you're awesome, like you sort of get a cool documentary. That's gotta be a cool feeling. Players, not like, yeah, one day to be a great doc about my life.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've watched them all, so I guess there's money to be made, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, before before we get out of here, I know that you had a problem with people saying Jordan love who are we realizing he's overrated? And I just think that you said it before, and I'll back up. You said that we are so quick, like everyone wants to label everything, and I get it's part of the sports media game and the politics game. People love to label, label, label, you know, people in society love to label everything who they are, what they are, but then at the same time they don't want to be labeled. It's it's a very interesting thing. Jordan loves a young man, a young man in life, a young man on the field. How could you when you see what happens with Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield and guys that were like at the bottom in front of the back Hall of famers who had just a few off years. Peyton Manning in his third or fourth year wasn't all that stellar. I mean, some quarterbacks with Hall of Fame careers got off to terrible starts.
Speaker 1: His story's not written. People need to stop with it. I just think it's something that we need. It's like bs sort of conversation. It's like Josh Allen's overrated, or maybe it's as simple as he's just not having the best year. For all we know, he still might win the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But I guess who guess who's won super Bowls with like they're not spectacular number of years. I don't know a guy named Patrick Mahomes, right, I mean, guys don't always win during their best offensive statistical years. And we're also way exaggerating because right now, Jordan Love, I know, we're at the halfway point. Last year, he had twenty five Tuddies eleven picks. Right now thirteen and three with a better quarterback rating, we're making it say like the Packers are under five hundred and they're under delivering. If anything, like Matt Lafleur seems to be the one that people are like, what is Matt laflor not delivering? Jordan Love's twenty seven years old, dude, Bakersfield, California kid in his third real full season as quarterback. So with that said, we're talking about a guy who's in season three and we've.
Speaker 1: Seen his potential, right, So that's that's it. Like, it's not like we don't know he's good, he's just not having a decent year. He's having a decent year, and.
Speaker 8: He's starting off this season hot, remember, and then we were hearing the narrative, Oh see, he's taken another step forward and now suddenly a few games later he's overrated.
Speaker 1: People love to say that, and again this is according to bleacher Report, and then that starts to create some buzz and then people run with that narrative.
Speaker 2: Look a look at that division. The Lions are six and three, the Bears are six and three, the Packers are five three and one. Is that one lay mass tie against the I think gets some cowboys that have it off kilter, But the reality is they're right there.
Speaker 1: They're half a.
Speaker 2: Game out of the division and they still have the visional games. So for all we know, Packers are a home team, playoff team, and we're we're gonna just forget the stupid conversation ever exist.
Speaker 1: We'll just a label crazy culture and this is more proof of that. All right, So we'll see Rich back in La tomorrow. All right, are web therect you baby, see you in the Promise Land, and let you guys