Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast. iHeartRadio, I heart Podcast, iHeart Media. This Is seven, episode eighteen, Heybail Mays otherwise known as Haybail Mays.
Speaker 4: I keep saying hail Bail Mays. Like every time Halil did I say hell? No, you said it perfectly.
Speaker 1: I said, hey, hey bail Maze.
Speaker 4: I keep saying hail bail. It's a little bit of a hard one to say, Hey bail.
Speaker 1: Mas say ten times in a row, go okay, hey.
Speaker 4: Bail is, Hey bail is Hey bail miss, Hey bail miss. It sounds like I'm saying, hey, Bill Mays, who's a guy that works at iHeart right, Hey bail is okay.
Speaker 1: So next time you see Bill, call him, Hey, Hey bail maye Hey bail mans Uh. Season seven, episode eighteen, Hey Bill May's Intrepid crew, Amy Sugarman, Susanne French. We are minus Tara, Sue and Danielle Romo because they are off doing really important busy.
Speaker 4: You can say they're off on assignment. That's what all the news that people say when they're like, Hoda isn't here today because she's off on a sign.
Speaker 1: I mean, let me say it in an official voice. And uh, Tara Sude and Daniel Romo off on assignment today. So stuck with these two and they're stuck with me.
Speaker 4: I like this episode.
Speaker 2: You I love this episode.
Speaker 1: Loved Yeah, I don't know. Finally, Yeah, it's pretty good. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: We got a festival, you got meeting. We got a little bit of Paris and Doyle I Colin's it been since we saw Maury like.
Speaker 1: That very kirky things, and Gilmour gilmore quirky things, and yeah, and and Babbett's morey going. We got a hay high amaze high man. You know, we got all kinds of good little details in there and.
Speaker 4: Deep thoughts with Logan and Loralai. We got a lot of we got a little.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of confessional stuff happening, a lot of meeting of the minds and yeah, mommy stuff, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mommy stuff. Well, let's do it. Let's do this.
Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app. Who's uh, Who's taking us away? With the synopsisizations.
Speaker 4: Answer and the pressure.
Speaker 1: We're out there all right, coming off the bench. Gotta hit some jump shots. Let's see how you do in the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Okay. This is season seven, episode eighteen, Hey Bayo Mays. It aired on April seventeenth, two thousand and seven. As Stars Hollow prepares for its annual Spring Flat Festival, the town is thrown off with Taylor's hay Bale maze. Meanwhile, Rory brings Logan home, and Laurel I sees how serious their relationship has become and worries that Logan is too irresponsible for Rory. Plus a reconciliation we have been waiting for between Luke and Laurel I.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was uh that was.
Speaker 4: That was good right in the middle of the hay Bale maze.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it was gripping. So what do we think? Who's taking us through?
Speaker 4: Suzanne? Yeah, you start and then we'll we'll chime in. Don't don't you worry?
Speaker 2: So the the opening scene had a cute little U slap fight with Michelle and Suki. I thought it was funny. As they're trying to put together the gift baskets for the spring Fling. His brochure, the brochure, and she didn't like the brocher in the front there was it was a cute little thing. And then this is where we find out that Taylor kind of fooled the whole town by putting in this hay bale maze. And I guess there were tears involved and we didn't get to see that, but kids set up. We kind of get the chest.
Speaker 4: It's very Gilmoury. I don't know why they wouldn't have the hay bale maze and all the other.
Speaker 2: I know, I didn't I didn't get that at first either. And then especially once you see the map of the town with the hay bales just everywhere, like they could still like fit it in around totally.
Speaker 4: And also it didn't seem like that would be too costly other than the building of the booths, because they seemed like they were all for profits, the lemonade stand, you know, all the things, so.
Speaker 2: And they do it every year, so they probably already have everything built and it's just exactlate or something.
Speaker 4: So sort of flag but whatever, Taylor's town.
Speaker 2: And then oh, sorry, Scott, I mean to interrupt you.
Speaker 1: Well I was saying, I don't know you made it sound.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna give us your thoughts. People.
Speaker 4: The people want to hear more from you, Scott.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 4: I got a less less of us, more of you. So yeah, you should feel good. You should feel good. They definitely want more of you.
Speaker 1: They want more of me. I want more of them.
Speaker 4: So what did you think?
Speaker 1: I thought the opening was, you know, I kept saying to myself. I said, boy, it's got to be hard to be Michelle. I mean, imagine being that guy. Right. Uh. I thought it was pretty funny. It wasn't great funny.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think Lauren came in and saved the scene actually, as it was kind of trailing off a little bit and this lap fight was funny, but it was getting like it was getting weird. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And then she came in and did funny things and said things quickly, and I was happy. And then yeah, I thought the opening was pretty good, pretty strong, and uh, you know, now we're off for the races.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what's about to say. It's like we started on a medium and it went up from there.
Speaker 1: Right, And I think it's a it's a wise place to begin from you you don't want to start on a high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, and then then what happens?
Speaker 2: Then it goes to Rory and Paris's apartment. Uh and Doyle. Oh yeah, yes, so this I thought this was an interesting scene we don't see like Logos apparently is now living there, which was something we've not seen before. There was an argument about the milk. I had the because my family too different kinds of milk in the fridge too, so that that.
Speaker 4: Milk bit was funny, and Paris was very Parisy and it was good. And I love having Doyle in there. I love having the four of them. I could have done more scenes of that. There's a few things that I could have done less of and that I would have liked more of. Yeah, and that was good.
Speaker 1: Been hard to It would have been hard to revisit that because Paris and Doyle weren't really involved in the narrative at all. Right, as as it turns out in the episode, they should have been. They could have been. It would have been fun. They would have added humor. Well, if they're running around the.
Speaker 4: Building scene, good scene, good scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a very quick scene. I thought the timing was perfect. You know. Everybody was fast, fast, fast, fast, fast, and that's that's good acting. That's that's good stuff. Right there.
Speaker 4: I think you just nailed it because it's like, uh, I think we like it so much because of the good acting. All those people are very true to who their characters are and we're seeing it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's and that's hard to do. And there was a lot of that in this episode. There was a lot of quick back and forth, quick quick, quick, quick quick. But then when Lauren, uh Lorele and uh I guess Suki were walking and talking through the haybil is, it wasn't rushed, rushed rush. They know when to sort of pace it, you know, which I find very I don't find a lot of shows doing that. It's either sometimes either two rush or it's too slow. This seems to have the perfect pace at all time, this particular show and most of these shows.
Speaker 2: There was one part in that scene. If you didn't notice it, go back and watch it because it was pretty funny where you can see Matt Zuger was trying to suppress a lat Yes, did you notice that when they're paying with a lactose intolerance that we.
Speaker 1: Had, but that's right, he's enjoying Doyle or he's enjoying the Doyle performance, right, right.
Speaker 2: And it was you could tell it was probably like the third or fourth take, and he was kind of anticipating that it was coming, and it was. It was just funny right watching him.
Speaker 1: Try to It was a really good natural moment. Yes, you know what I mean. It seemed very organic and it happening in the moment exactly. Yeah, he's good, He's really good.
Speaker 2: So then it goes to Luke's apartment and now we see April. We haven't seen April for a while because she moved away to New Mexico. I liked this scene. I thought it was cute. They're talking about she's kind of settled into New Mexico. She was so upset about leaving, but then it's it seems like it's kind of working for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good pace scene. Again, another example of really quick back and forth, really just hitting the ping pong ball all back and forth really quickly and just getting through the scene. And the more you can relax into that, the more naturally it flows in, the better it sounds and feels, you know what I mean. And that's that's what we're all trying to achieve, is that kind of ease with it. You know, when it's all when you when you're sort of tighten up and you're trying to rush, rush, rush, you can really tell and it kind of on the scene. But I thought a lot of these scenes were just kind of flawless and fast and kind of cool to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and it really conveyed that they're totally settled into the father daughter relationship. I thought, like, I just I really enjoyed that. And then she she really grew up though, like we haven't seen her while, and then she's got her ears pierced and she's got new glasses, and then we really nice.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it was really really nice to have them physically together. I know you said that, but it's like it really changes their chemistry, your chemistry, Scott and I made a note of that, like, oh man, I'm I'm so glad to have them back together, and I want more of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, right, right, right, Yeah, She's terrific. Imagine being she twelve thirteen at the time and she's just just throwing the lines back at me, no problem. It was just like, yeah, she she was she's she was precocious. She still is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah she did.
Speaker 4: Look she looks older, Yeah, she looks older. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great. I actually last week I started rewatching Switched at Birth and she's she's just so good, like she's a great actress.
Speaker 4: Such a good show.
Speaker 2: It is such a good show. And this is where we see the turquoise and silver bracelet for the first time.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's literal.
Speaker 2: That counts right right, you was a good sport. He puts it on and he's wearing it the diner, and that was that was a cool dad thing to do.
Speaker 4: And you just knew, you just knew this will come up with Loralai. And we were all waiting for that moment because there's a couple of times where it sort of peeks out from the flannel. Yeah, and it's reminding us it's there without being like, you know, wonder womany about it, like here's my bracelets, just this subtle little thing.
Speaker 3: That we're like, oh, we're waiting for that moment, right right, right, Okay, So then it goes to the Dragonfly and we've got a family who's checking in for spring Fling, and we hear a story about how the mom had to melt the kid's tongue off of the swing set or something.
Speaker 2: So it's purfluous.
Speaker 4: Is that the right word. It's like I didn't really need it, but it's kind of like there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting that they they brought in. Usually when we see guests at the end, they're just in one scene. They're checking in or checking out. We never see them again. I thought it was interesting that this family like appeared again later in the episode, like they actually were the spring Fling, and then we saw them again to go through the maze. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I liked that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was I thought it was cool. And then also just a shout out if anybody noticed that the kid is.
Speaker 4: No, it's Nolan Gould's baby brother. It's his brother. So so modern family and this is what's so crazy. And I'm I'm not sure if it's his baby brother or older brother. Somebody can look that up, but it was if you, oh it's his older brother, thank you. So okay, so modern family. Nolan Gould plays one of the Dune fees, so he's like the boy the boy Dune feed right. Uh, when you hear that voice of that kid and see him, you immediately know he's related to Nolan Gould because they have the same voice and mannerisms. It's actually crazy. So now we have two things to go. Rewatch Zukri laughing or hiding his laugh and rewatch this kid because you will immediately if you watch Modern Family and be like, oh my god, genetics are amazing because these two siblings are like.
Speaker 2: Yes, it always amazes me when there's families that have like multiple siblings achieve like stardom like the Maranos strikes twice like the Maranos. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, if they grow up around it, it's kind of a natural fit, you know. Yeah, I have a good I have a good buddy who's thirteen year old daughter is blowing up to become a super You know.
Speaker 4: You kid, You let your kid?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no.
Speaker 4: He's somehow they quite knew, you would say.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. He's really talented. He can do any accent from any country and nail.
Speaker 4: It because both his parents are actors.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't do accents around him. He just picks him up.
Speaker 2: Maybe when he's a teenager or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm still recovering from the business and I'm in it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: No kidd no, kidd it. Yeah, it's it's hard on kids. So Rory calls. She's on her way home from the interview that she was getting ready for in the apartment scene, and she says, the interview went well, and she's all excited. I kind of like that scene. It kind of reminded me what I I was on the verge of graduating from college and you're excited about the future because you don't really know what's going to happen. I can, I can relate to that, so that I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Let's see, I think overall this episode, if I may interject, you know, it was a lot of storylines were blooming here that were coming to Fruition, and it was a lot of happy, positive energy and finally everybody's getting it together and Rory's getting a job, and you know, maybe Luca Laurel I a sort of beginning again and all of that. So it just it just had a very kind of a happy vibe all the way around. No more for Spring episode right exactly for being confused?
Speaker 4: Was this the train scene when she's on the train yes, yes, may I give my flags?
Speaker 1: Though, oh there was it was an empty seat behind her, and then the seat was filled.
Speaker 4: Who would be that loud on their phone on the train with all those other people. I mean, she was so loud that every other person on the train would be like, girl, we don't care about your.
Speaker 2: And also there is the empty seat just you know, right, buyers got.
Speaker 4: Plenty of I just was like, this is unrealistic. But also, yes, I liked the I liked it somewhat. This was sort of my scene where I'm like, I don't know, but point taken and that it was good energy. But I was like, come.
Speaker 1: On, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And this is also the other thing that happened in the scene. This is where she announces she wants to bring Logan to stars Hollow. So that was kind of a milestone. Here was weird for my mind.
Speaker 4: That's why it was like, he's been there, he dropped, remember what he dropped? He's been there from day one because he drops her off there after the party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he also went to the Dragonfly to talk to Lorelai when he trying to get Rory backack tour.
Speaker 4: He's never slept over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you get the vibe during the official tour that I was getting Christopher vibes. Yeah, Christopher said he was a little too happy to be there after losing millions of dollars. It's like history repeating yourself and the father hates him, and the father hates Christopher. You know what I'm saying. I was getting.
Speaker 2: Like he's getting a tour of a town that like he already kind of knows.
Speaker 4: But what it's fine, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just weird. It was a little too happy to be there, right, And it's just like when.
Speaker 4: She was so tang.
Speaker 2: The first place I fell off my bike, this is the second place I fell off my bike.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: May I be a negative nelly?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: That tour could have been a lot better, I agree, Or give me for saying better.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: The writing wasn't my favorite there, And it's like.
Speaker 1: This could have so quick, and.
Speaker 4: It's like this could have been so funny with all these different things and such a great opportunity for the town to be like out and about and her being like that's so and so and here's this, and they do like a hint at Miss Patty's.
Speaker 1: But like right where the lines coming from Miss Patty her bike, right, you didn't know there was a private jet here and wait for.
Speaker 2: Miss Patty to come out and be super flirty with it.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, so it was sort of about your idea for a theme park, you know this kind of thing, right, yeah, all kinds of opportunities.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was that.
Speaker 4: I sort of was like, oh, that was, yeah, a great episode. It is a great episode, and there was a few points where I'm like, oh, that could have been elevated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that. And what you were saying about it being fast. There were a couple parts in that scene when they were outside Miss Patty's I had to turn the captions on because I couldn't even understand what Alexis was saying. I mean, I know you're supposed to talk fast on the show, but she I just couldn't even understand the lines.
Speaker 4: So funny you're bringing that up. I'm it's not my ears. I've had my ears checked having to turn the volume up higher and hire on shows. I'm watching that Jake Gillenhaal thing. Finally I'm joining the party on that presumed innocent and I'm like, why did you turn the volume up so much, I can't hear these people, like what's going on?
Speaker 1: So and then and then you get to like an action scene and it blows your ears off, right.
Speaker 4: Dare a comer'll come on, We'll all yeah, can't take it anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we get to the house and Logan walks in and says, it's a beautiful house. That that feels a little condescending to me.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think so. I thought it was polite and it is a beautiful house. It is a beautiful some small town. I get what you're saying, because he lives and she calls it out. That's what I like. She's like, yeah, like the size of your foye.
Speaker 1: That's good breeding. He was being polite and it is a great and he was charmed by it.
Speaker 4: And he brought the flowers. I thought, good on you.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least he didn't say, well, you know, this is the type of a situation our maid, one of our maids lives in you. Yeah, you know. It wasn't condescending about it, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Just I read it that way. That might have just been my own interpretation. And then so this is where they have the trundle beds and it's a little kind of awkward there's two beds and.
Speaker 1: A giggle.
Speaker 4: I get why there's two beds because she has a twin and it would be kind of small, but I still was like, oh my god, the trundle.
Speaker 2: I laughed when Rory said she says like, oh, I didn't know we had guest towels and loreal licenes. That's a way of saying towels that are clean. That made me laugh.
Speaker 4: I have guest towels. We call him like showtels, Like, oh, those are showtels, Like, don't use that one, don't use the show tells.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, sometimes the ones that look nice aren't really that absorbent.
Speaker 4: So you don't want to towels because their showtel is like not going to be a good towel.
Speaker 1: They even make absorbent towels anymore, they really don't.
Speaker 4: I think the Ralph Lauren towels are still pretty good. Macy's not expensive. Just go to your Macy's and get some Ralph Lauren towels. I go for the white because something's going on in my washing machine with gray towels that they always get these like bleach stains, even though I don't use bleach. It's very odd.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Anyway, speaking of appliances, I did notice in this scene that the faucet in the kitchen actually worked. Did you put water in the vase for the flowers, Scott?
Speaker 1: It's interesting. That's a big fake out. It's not hooked up to anything.
Speaker 4: So they just put like a bucket in it and somehow you turn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Something, it's a big fake out.
Speaker 4: It's not a real real faucet. It's just the.
Speaker 1: Fakey fakey, fakey fake fake fake fake fake mhm.
Speaker 2: Uh So this okay, So we got a little bit ahead of ourselves because this is the Haves the town too or no, that's fine.
Speaker 1: They're walking through the town, bounce around.
Speaker 2: Rory tries to explain who Taylor is. Taylor kind of defies.
Speaker 4: Taylor have hay fever yet? Or no he's still.
Speaker 1: No, not yet, not till the end.
Speaker 2: And then uh. They go into the diner so that Logan can finally see Luke's diner and Zach is in there and he talks about Lane. But again, we haven't seen Lane since she had the babies. Still haven't seen her. And I thought it was cute. Rory said that they saw Stephen Kwan and Zach was like, well Lane was there too, right, m m mm hmm. And then Luke goes outside to argue with Taylor about the hay band.
Speaker 4: I have a.
Speaker 2: Quag on this man.
Speaker 4: I first say, though, I don't mind Zach working at the diner. I find it sort of a musicum like, I'm not bothered by that.
Speaker 2: It's sort of I like it anyway. That's just my two cents.
Speaker 1: But that was also an opportunity for an epic Luke a Taylor rant scene that they didn't take the opportunity to do. They cut it off and cut the right like, come on, man, go perfect follow him out there, let's go. Let me tell the story. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we did see so this is this is partially what my flag is. So Luke does go out there and he starts throwing the hey bails out of the way. Now, I am a city girl. I have never attempted to lift.
Speaker 1: A Haydale looks a strong boy?
Speaker 2: Is he? Okay? Is that the explanations a strong boy?
Speaker 4: I actually have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are. But if you're angry and you rip something off, I mean, he wasn't lifting it and then he was just like sort of throwing it off the top of the other hey bail. So that's not that hard.
Speaker 4: We ever think in a hay bale maze, like it's hay on the outside, it's styrofoam on the inside.
Speaker 1: Be a little tedious to build all of those like that, it's real hay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know he calls caused hay fever. But that's a side note. I actually did not know that until this episode.
Speaker 2: Well, I have another question about the hay while we're discussing it. So again, I don't know. I'm not a farm person. I don't know anything. But isn't wasn't that technically straw isn't hay like it's more green because it's it's like fresher straws.
Speaker 4: Like, so you're saying it's a straw bail maze. That's what I would call a hay bail.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe hay becomes more straw e as it's dried, right, That's what I.
Speaker 2: Thought too, Like I thought hay was greener and this was just maybe it is.
Speaker 4: Hey, maybe when it's growing out of the ground and then when it becomes a haybale, it dries out.
Speaker 1: Can you hear the laughter coming at us from the Midwest right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are like, I know, I'm going to probably get slaughtered for that, but that's okay to me. How hay and straw work. I am all here.
Speaker 4: To be educate. I actually did inspire me though, because I do think it's real cute when people take a hay bale and put it on their front porch for Halloween and then you put your pumpkins on that, just saying I don't know if I'll be able to lift the hay bail. We'll find out, we'll stick and do it.
Speaker 1: I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just like he's like the Hulk.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is years ago, you can still do it. This is the thing where Suki Laurel I are walking around the hay bale maze and kind of Laurel I sort of going through her thought process about Logan, and I thought she made a good point about how, you know, Rory is an adult now and so Laurel like have an opinion on jessin Dean, but now that she's with Logan, like she it's kind of up to Rory what to do. It just that kind of struck a chord with me because my oldest just turned twenty one, so I'm kind of like trying to figure out this whole thing in my head too, So I don't know, I just thought that was interesting to point that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's concerned, and but she doesn't want to be, you know, the helicoptering her twenty one year old twenty two year old daughter. Yeah right, so yeah it's a fine line.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes it is.
Speaker 2: And then at the end they stop and they look around and they're like, wait, where are the booths for the festival? And then we go to a daytimetown.
Speaker 1: Meeting, maybe the only one ever usually Yeah, yeah, mercifully short, by the way. It was, Yes, it was, And it was filled with humor, was it was? It was. It was really like.
Speaker 2: An old time. It was, you know, like a season one town meeting. I loved it, and I loved that April and Lorelei gretted each other with a hug.
Speaker 4: I thought that was so that really, I thought, oh my gosh, these two really like each other. All that stuff was such nonsense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree. It was like, oh, they could have been doing this the whole time. But Luke and Laurelai had a nice conversation. I thought, kind of breaking the ice, and you know, kind of not about anything important, but at least they were having a conversation.
Speaker 1: The appropriate nervousness of running into your ex and being nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we find out that Taylor has taken away the budget for all of the booths and spent them all, spent the whole as sort of a flag.
Speaker 1: But I have to tell you when they revealed Kirk as the with the moosehead, cow head, the minotaur, the minotaur, when when I said the exact same line right before uh Gypsy said her line, I said, what the hell is that? And then she said what the hell is? And did did Sally Strothers not steal this scene? She did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she stole the town meeting more of them.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I know it was so good.
Speaker 2: I just I love all of them.
Speaker 1: And at the height of it, everybody gets up in leaves. It's like, we're not doing this.
Speaker 2: Taylor's like, wait, where are you going?
Speaker 4: I like that They come around to the hay Bale maze later, but we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: And then the shot of the gazebo being lifted by the crane.
Speaker 4: I know, it's just so banana.
Speaker 1: That was a big deal, A big deal. It's like ripping the heart out of Gilmore fans. Right, do you remember all this?
Speaker 4: Hey? Sorry?
Speaker 1: What you got? You go?
Speaker 4: You go first in then Oscar. I don't know if you remembered this all this, hey, because it's pretty major.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go back on to the gazebo.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what my memory of it was, there was a ton of hay around That was it. If we get on set and like, oh there's a lot of hay bells. It's a lot of hay bells.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's going on around here.
Speaker 1: Hey man, what a pain for the crew to have to move that around like scene to scene because it was so much. Boy, they are they are in their money that day.
Speaker 4: Or those Yeah, because they was like it wasn't just like uh, they didn't fake it for TV like the whole town was hey, hey bill mates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they showed they had several scenes of the characters walking through the entire square and there was hey everywhere.
Speaker 4: They didn't can find of it. You can find photos of it. I'm sure online man in the Gilmore book where you see the entire lot is like a hey bale maze, the whole Gilmore town. Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought Taylor revealing the maye the first time in the town hall meeting was funny. He was so excited about Yeah, and it was so big, it was so complex.
Speaker 2: And the very detailed mockup of the whole town it was pretty cool. And even showed it even showed the gazebo off to the side, so like they it literally matched what they actually built. Okay, So then Lorla walks into her house and is shocked to find that cooking is happening in her house.
Speaker 4: Very cute, but I don't know why she was so shocked because it's the same thing that happened on the Valentine's episode when they went to the fake Martha's vineyard. Oh that's right. Yeah. So it was like, okay, well you know that these two do this. Yeah, okay, fine, fine, I like, let it go. But I also was like, you know, these two love to cook, and they're very like kind of domestic story.
Speaker 1: You're like pulling the flag out of your pocket that decided not to throw it yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like a flag that I didn't care about. It's like, okay, well you know they cook. You've literally walked in on this before.
Speaker 1: It's like you threw the flag, but then you reverse the call right away.
Speaker 2: Hiyah yeah, yeah, but she just has the flag in her hand, but has that right.
Speaker 1: Scott?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, although I don't know that. Ye, I mean they definitely had to go to the market, but yeah, whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what is. It's like a fish chicken. I thought it was chicken chicken.
Speaker 4: Don't you worry You'll be making pie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I will, I will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a little tease of what's coming up. That's a little hint to the future.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wait why now? She very excited about it, even though I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: We had the little toast, the wine toast?
Speaker 2: Was this?
Speaker 1: When? So?
Speaker 2: Was this?
Speaker 4: When she found out she got the offer because she's been checking the phone so much.
Speaker 2: Right, that's why she left the room, and that gave us the little conversation between Loralai and Logan the beginning of it. Right, So, Rory had left the room to answer her phone, and then that's when they have their conversation that then finished. Later started out and they started out nice, but then she was like when Logan was just being so casual and nonchalant that she kind of see her tone changing a little bit. But then finish right right, yeah, She's like, I got the job. I got the job. So ended on a happy note and then uh there. So now there're another walking through the town, walking through all the hay bales everywhere. They're going to Weston's to get pies, and so Rory's kind of thinking through her options. Does she want to take this, give up a fellowship or.
Speaker 4: Is this where he is this where he says, don't factor me in.
Speaker 2: No, he says that she should go for the fellowship, and laurel I disagree with him.
Speaker 6: Oh right right, yeah, okay, So which I want to at the end, I want to discuss her options, but I want to wait till we get further.
Speaker 4: Keep keep going and then we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, because that scene is coming up with the.
Speaker 4: Bird in the hands, two in the bush, is that the thing?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we'll get exactly. And Lorelai points out that to Logan that he's a gambler, but Rory is very calculating and she plans everything and she's not a gambler, and so it was just an interesting I you know, Laurela is kind of speaking from her perspective of being the responsible adult, and Logan, you know, is coming from the different perspective where he is and of that experience. I mean, even though he did just lose a bunch, it's all yeah, yeah, right, got credit card statement.
Speaker 1: And there's a class warfare scene.
Speaker 4: Class warfare, yes exactly.
Speaker 2: It's the tea up to the worst spoor household.
Speaker 4: But we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sport City all the way. So that's actually the next scene is uh, they're in Rory's bedroom and Loucan like gets dressed to go back out in the kitchen. But sorry, Scott, you might need to plug your ears.
Speaker 4: Suzan before that, hello, Like, that was a very I don't want to be gross, I understand, but thank you mad Zukri before you put your shirt on.
Speaker 2: That was a great They had to make sure to hubba hubba.
Speaker 4: This guy is so beayblicious anyway, Sorry.
Speaker 1: Scott, No, I was thinking of the exact same thing we did a.
Speaker 4: Tea when you had to have those I.
Speaker 1: Bear no ill will. I mean, I am not jealous of other men. If they put the time in, they deserve the accolade.
Speaker 4: True, he definitely was hitting the gym before this episode.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean you can't. You don't roll out of bed looking like that. You're got to work at it. It takes dedication, takes grit.
Speaker 4: I was a good scene that he's putting on the pants, putting on the shirt, putting on the socks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was a.
Speaker 4: Very good conversation they have following that. This is where they really have the heart to heart. And also I was glad we resolved it and that it didn't like I didn't have to deal with this for like so many episodes.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, right, I agree, they got it out there. Logan understood what laurla I was saying and addressed it, and then you know, vice versa. I thought it was good. And you know, he compared himself to what she did, and you know, she walked away from a life of privilege.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and he calls that out right right like she says, I understand that, and he says, I thought you would, because that's what you did. You left the world of privilege to do things your way. And I spit when I said that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, a little a little different circumstances, I would say.
Speaker 4: True, very true, very a little different. But she does say, I guess I never thought of it that way.
Speaker 1: Did she call him Christopher at all?
Speaker 4: You know, I've seen a lot of people make comparisons to April and Rory having a lot of similarities speaking.
Speaker 2: Up, you know, with the books and their whole thing.
Speaker 4: So yeah, just calling that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean I've seen people, you know, kind of make a comparison between Christopher and Logan too, I'm sure. I mean, I don't think Christopher has the drive that Logan has, right, Christopher's kind of just you know, he lives his life just kind of screw up, which.
Speaker 1: And I think he looks better than Christopher with his shirt off.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, thank you for that. Hello.
Speaker 2: Agree. And then the scene ends with pie and ice cream, Like how you can't go wrong with that?
Speaker 4: So all right, so now it's sell On girls, it is, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pie and ice cream. It's that's just how it is.
Speaker 1: That was what they were gonna call it. They were gonna call it pie and ice cream, not Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 2: And I liked that it was just Logan and Loralai, like they didn't have Rory come join them, Like it was just the two of them, you know, having having the snacks. So I thought that was yeah. Yeah. And then now it's the next day and we're at the hay Bale Maze and uh, this is where we meet the Saint Clair family again. And the kid is not impressed with the hay Baise. He's like, is that all there is?
Speaker 4: Are there?
Speaker 2: Fireworks? Are there?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know if you should have fireworks and hay bail may so.
Speaker 4: No, hay bail may so bad. We'll talk about that too.
Speaker 2: But and then Logan like kind of pumps the kid up, and then they go into the maze and everybody, everybody loves the maze. When Maury comes out, he's like, I'm just on the maize. You know, it's pretty good. This series, really, the entire seven seasons would have benefited from more Maury.
Speaker 1: He's just for sure for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or Kirk.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so this is where Rory reveals she's made her decision and she's gonna say no to the Providence General Bulletin, and I hope that she gets the fellowship. I don't know what did you guys think of that decision.
Speaker 4: I think there could have been I think it could have been played a bit better. I think she could have gone back and said, thank you so much for this offer, can you give me another week? You know, I think there's way I think she's just taking their deadline, and like, because I think she should see what she gets from all these other jobs that she's applied for. It was that was like. And also, I don't know why she's all into this fellowship. I don't know. It's not necessarily the decision I would have made.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think I do a little short sighted because the fellowship is only six weeks. Correct, we are You're just not thinking big plasure.
Speaker 4: You're not really thinking big picture, correct, right, because.
Speaker 2: She could have told the Providence newspaper, Hey, if I get this, I'll go do that, yes, exactly, like a start date or something.
Speaker 4: Right, she's not a great negotiator with her prospective potential jobs. But whatever, Maybe she's just young and out of college and maybe we have the wisdom of going I think you can work this out.
Speaker 2: No, I probably wasn't a good negotiator at that age either. But I mean me with my four dollars and twenty five cents an hour, I don't think I was either.
Speaker 4: I know I was like an hour. I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Yes, But this might be a good time to point out that she we had that episode where she went back to Mitcham's newspaper and totally bugged that guy to give her a job, and he does, and then we never we never hear about.
Speaker 4: It, like it just it just vanish semi famous guy, like that guy's kind of like in a lot of things.
Speaker 2: That guy. Right, Yeah, we interviewed him and that after she like bugged the crap out of him to give her that job. Back then she makes like one more reference to it, and then we never hear from it again the whole rest of the series. So I didn't. I never understood why the writers like abandoned that whole storyline because it could have been a well opportunities there, but but whatever. Also, I wanted to point out we finally got to see Martha Suki's second kid. You are corregged. Yes we did at the baptism, but she was just a baby in the stroller and we finally get to see her as a little toddler. So I thought she was cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I don't know that they're aging exactly correctly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 4: So something's a little off because the one guy seems so much older than I think he is. But whatever. Yeah, they also see Kirk on stilts, and I learned that Sean Gun. Sean Gun did not necessarily know how to walk on stilts.
Speaker 1: So how would one know how to walk on stilts unless they were with a circus?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know. You don't know that. I don't know how to walk on Still.
Speaker 1: Some people I know you. I know you don't know how to walk.
Speaker 4: I did not, but you people learn things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know how to twirl a baton, and you might not think I do.
Speaker 4: And I do.
Speaker 1: I know you know how to twirl a baton. I am a.
Speaker 4: Really good baton whirler.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, I know.
Speaker 2: But I do not know how to walk on stilts, and I don't think I want to.
Speaker 1: I can juggle, can you juggle? Three balls?
Speaker 2: Can juggle?
Speaker 4: Actually I can juggle three tennis balls like I used to be better. But I can juggle, but I cannot do a hula hoop anymore. My niece can do hula hoop for like, she could just go for ten minutes if you wanted her to, and I can't go.
Speaker 1: Can you Can you juggle two balls with one hand? Ah?
Speaker 4: Yes, I used to be able to do that. It's all about the rhythm of the juggling. Sure, I can't. I don't know it's any magic tricks.
Speaker 1: But we'll have to have a juggle off one day.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun.
Speaker 4: Actually I cannot walk on stilts, can you?
Speaker 1: I don't care to. I'm not interested in.
Speaker 4: Walking to go to the circus.
Speaker 1: Actually no, I'm not fond of clothes. We hired one for next but you did not, And I just couldn't wait till the guy left. Oh.
Speaker 4: When we were that age, when we were a little our mom hired Miss Mouse. She was sort of this, like did the birthday party circuit. And I'm like, why did we had this creepy lady in a mouse costume?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: But yeah, clowns are you can't wait till they leave because there it's weird. I told you I once had a clown try to steal my wall.
Speaker 1: Steal your what, steal your wallet?
Speaker 4: Degret and I. We were like in the studio, this is so many years ago. I mean, this is twenty twenty years plus years ago. And someone sent Ryan a singing telegram and it was this creepy clown lady and she's got some creepy basket and I see her take my wallet off the counter and put it.
Speaker 2: In her basket, and I'm just like, I.
Speaker 4: Just took my wallet back out of her basket, and just like I'll never forget it. I'm like, I literally I can't remember what I had for lunch today, but I can remember that clown woman trying to take my wallet. And I was just sad something.
Speaker 1: You got to keep your eye on clowns. Can't take your eyes off.
Speaker 2: Those clowns, are you Okay? So now we're at the diner. It's all the craziness of the maze. April is working there, which was fun to watch. She was delivering a few meals, can really fast.
Speaker 4: Question, wasn't there a rule no running in the maze, and yet I felt like everyone was running in the maze.
Speaker 2: Okay, just making sure I'm not. You know, it's so tempting.
Speaker 1: I actually shouted out to stop running. Yeah, I do it at the pool we go to too. I say, the kids are running. I say slow down, slow down, nobody's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: That's funny that you say that because of the year in the life. But anyways, we'll get to that. So April Zach has the maze memorized basically because he's delivering to people's houses and so he instead of going around. That was pretty hard. Yeah, And then so April goes to the maize and she runs off. That was just a cute little sort of in between and now we see uh. This I thought was my favorite part of the episode was Lorelei and Luke in the main the best. It was great. Shout out to the blue and green plaid shirt she was wearing. We saw that in another episode when she was with Chris, and I always liked that shirt. I actually have the speech if you want it. Do you want to hear the speech?
Speaker 4: Sure? I messed up that night. I went to Christopher. I'm sorry, Luke, Yeah, yeah, I mean I never admitted to you. I never admitted it to you. It was wrong what I did, and it was and I'm really sorry. Okay, thanks. I don't know why I didn't say this before, and he was more warm about it. I think I'm not doing good acting. Luke says, you know, I'm sorry because I don't know. It's just not that I've had April. I've learned a lot, and I was crazy to think that I had to fix everything in my relationship with April before I could really be with you. And that's just not how you fix things. I mean, things just don't stand still. They're always changing. And then she says, yeah, I guess I was compartmentalizing, if that's what you call it. I mean I should have opened my compartments. It should have gotten your help. I wanted to help, I know, and I'm sorry. And I'm sorry also because I think I kind of used April to push you away. Good scene, people, I've been waiting for this for so long.
Speaker 1: That yeah, good scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was good to see them finally acknowledged that they both had a role in the insanity.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that they did it the way they did it like that. There was no sudden like and I love you kissed, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Thing like that?
Speaker 4: It was just how it was. And then off they went.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought, okay, Okay, that would have been a hard conversation for me to like walk away from. Yeah it was good, really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think they both have to process what that conversation really meant, yeah, and what it could potentially lead to. And nobody was going to move too fast, right, They're just gonna sleep on.
Speaker 2: It exactly, Yeah, like what what's the next step going to be? Is going to be a next step?
Speaker 4: Right right right?
Speaker 2: M And then we got the trouba Door, Like this episode had everything.
Speaker 1: The Troubadour following him in.
Speaker 2: Good to see the Troubadour.
Speaker 1: And no one's gonna know, there's gonna be no heartbreak tonight, no one's losing their life tonight or whatever. Those lyrics perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good. And then it goes to the crane shop that lives up and you can see literally the whole square with the flags, and I just I really liked that scene.
Speaker 1: I want to give a shout out to Grantly Phillips. I think he's still touring now, I'm not. If you have a chance to go see him, you should. He's fantastic. He's fantastic live and a great storyteller and just an all round great guy. So go see him.
Speaker 4: Give a shout out to this episode for being like Gilmore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really the essence of Gilmour. It really gave you the It was so grounded, and it gave you that, you know, the real community feel. And we're going to do a festival. Imagine and boy, I mean I'm beating a dead horse on this thing, and I'm going to get lamb basted for this. But imagine what a Luke and Laurel I wedding would have been. Yes, disgust, gosh.
Speaker 4: I also think we had like some fair and you said this, Scott, I'm just reiterating, we had very pivotable, pivotal Rory Logan, Laurel I, Luke moments in this Like, this was not a fluff episode. It had a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really on all fronts advanced the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was there was rehabilitation, there was there was personal growth, there was introspection, and I mean it was it was terrific. It was really terrific. And it was active. Yeah, you know, and they were doing fun stuff, fun stars, hollow stuff. I just you know, Amy, I think you're right. I think we could have used more of the peripheral characters. And bring them more into the fold, especially if we're spending a lot of time in that community, you know, and we were that they had the opportunity actually taken that opportunity would have been an A plus episode for me, But instead I think it's just an A. So yeah, anyway, I.
Speaker 4: Think are we ready to give our what we get?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, let's let's rate it.
Speaker 2: I really loved this episode. I'm going to give it eight point nine salty nuts.
Speaker 4: Two point five uh HIAA pans of.
Speaker 1: Payea, Susanna, what't you give it?
Speaker 2: I gave it eight point nine.
Speaker 1: Eight point nine and nine point five from Amikins. Yeah, I think I'm gonna give it a I think I'm right there with you, Amy. I think a nine point five turquoise bracelets.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we forgot to say when the bracelet pops out and she sees it my bracelet, everybody, Jackie, can you try to find bracelets like that so we can all wear them?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: I will pay for them. If somebody can find a bracelet that looks.
Speaker 1: Just like it, all right, well that's gonna do it. Thank you, everybody, Amy, Susanne, best fans, all the plant. Thanks for download to keep the cards, letters come and smoke signals. Pigeon dropped, not pigeon droppings, but pigeon bye notes by pigeon pigeon droppings. We're going to get those anyway. Y'all are great, We love you, and it's.
Speaker 4: Just like riding a bike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next week, just like we keep doing them. Oh, write the name of the episode Hilltops and Hannah Barberous right next we did we do a comedy show or just give up that dream? We should give it up. We should give up the dream.
Speaker 4: Funny, and it was funnier because it took me a minute to get it where I'm like, and then I also just clicked and I just was like, also, I have to go turn my air conditioning on because I'm so hot. I'm having a hoflash. So oh my god, say you're goodbyes while I do that.
Speaker 1: All right, bye bye, I love y'all, see ya bye, and remember we and I am all In.
Speaker 7: Stay safe everyone, everybody, don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com