Speaker 1: Trade alert. While we were chatting, here comes an interesting one. Dalton bar Show is going to the Houston Astros for Spencer Aarraghetty. Aragedtty left his last start with a little foot issue. I remember it was right foot nerve irritation. And he started off blazing through the season and then hit a roadbump. But let's hit the other side first. Dalton bar Show is one of the best defensive center fielders in the sport. He has shown flashes of significant power surges that included last year in his time with the Blue Jays, powers a little bit down this season, and then this becomes instantly one of my favorite trades of the day. Why because Dalton bar Show is going to do a little stroll over to the other Oh yeah, I love that barshow tonight against the Blue Jays? Sign me up?
Speaker 2: Wow, well, let me change my lot homer om tonight.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I like these big league for big league guys.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Raghetty started off so good this year, and I don't think they were expecting them to be that ga and he kind of carried them and kept them alive early in the season before Hunter Brown and some of the other guys have come back. Varshow has been a disappointment this year honestly for the Blue Jays for what they thought after the way he had the last couple of years offensively, defensively is so great. But yeah, I mean, this is a guy that can nasts other than neyord On Alvarez, and I mean Jeremy Peney has been hoped in the outfield.
Speaker 2: Their outfield is awful.
Speaker 1: This is a huge upgrade.
Speaker 2: So anybody they get would be better than what they've had.
Speaker 3: Running out there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I like this, But yeah, I mean they had to give up. This shows you, though that the Houston Astros don't have a lot in their farm system. They had to trade one of their big league starters for a big.
Speaker 1: League player under control for a long time too through twenty twenty nine, I believe for Spencer Arraghedtty Kratz, what do you think of the bar show side of this deal? For an Astros team that definitely is in the driver's seat right now in the American League West, they're looking around. They had a really slow start to the season and then each month, just like a few games over five hundred, all of a sudden, they look up. They're like, wait, Mariners, you're still not here. Oh, Rangers, you want to sell Oh, we have the best hitter in the sport this year and you're at On Alvarez. Sure, we'll take Dalton bar Show to run every baseball down and instantly also become one of our better hitting outfielders.
Speaker 3: They've already had, They've already had really really good defense. So I'm glad that they didn't say, Okay, we're going to take a slug in the outfield and you know, we're just gonna try to figure it out. So I love that they kept their strength, but also kind of a hope he hits better because he may just hit like the rest of their outfield, but he's not going to hurt their defense, which I think Houston center field is sneaky, one of the more tough center fields. I get it, there's no more Towns Hill out there, but I think it's tougher than people think with all those Jets and Jetties, and you don't have to put Jordan in left to try to figure out some offense out there.
Speaker 4: Bring it back, bring it back.
Speaker 2: Oh I love hell hell yeah, that's what I love.
Speaker 4: Watching Lance Bergman run up the hill trying to catch balls and fall down. That was awesome for baseball. But yeah, I agree Crafts. I mean this is this is a good trade. This is a win win, I think for both teams. And again it's interesting the Blue Jays aren't just building for this year. They're building for next year. Their rotation is starting to come into focus for the next year and maybe the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: So I like this. Chandler Rome du Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, I was just gonna say that I think the Blue Jays. I was just commenting on the Astros. Blue Jay side of this is massive. I really like Spence Araghetty. I know it hasn't gone as well for the entire year, but to have a picture that you have three more years of control with, I love this. This is a great haul for the for the Blue Jays from the Astros.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also also Raghetty has turned into a breaking ball pitcher. You know they have that's a break them all pitcher already on this staff. You can maybe show Righetty, hey, think about this or think about that, and that can also be a win for them.
Speaker 1: The Astros also do not have a great farm system, so they have to do deals like this, they have to take guys from their big league roster in order to talk teams into trades, or much more so than it's the team we've been talking about. On the other side of that, Milwaukee can talk prospects all day. The Astros can't do that. They don't have a ton of high end prospects that are available or even mid range prospects. Honestly, in a trade like this, Jandler Romes told us that all year that it was going to be difficult for them to pull off deals. To me, this is a great acquisition for them. Of course, it's a win. Now, this is what we're talking about. Hey, this a Renald You're gonna give up years of a pitcher. Some people would think that's stupid. Let's see how the Astros do in an American league that is looking much weaker than it hasn't passed again.
Speaker 4: This has turned around in the last two weeks because the Astros were out of it, and then all of a sudden, the Rangers and not to win any games.
Speaker 2: And now here we go the asker's acquiring.
Speaker 1: Did you see last thing? What crats here muted? What were you saying?
Speaker 3: My new lock is the Askers are going to acquire a pitcher because they got rid of one. You can't. They didn't have a lot of pitching depth. They need another one. I get it, he had the foot thing, but they're getting somebody.
Speaker 1: Well, the selloff continues. The Mets do deal away Clay Holmes and Tyrone Taylor, who's been smoking hot lately at the dish, and they get the number two overall prospect according to at least some publications for the Chicago Cubs on the other end of this one. But let's first cover the major league side of this. Are things starting to round into form for Chicago. They get Tyrone Taylor for some outfield depth, and Clay Holmes enters the rotation for this team.
Speaker 2: Worst Taylor going to play? That's my first question.
Speaker 1: Well, bench, I mean, but but depth.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have halps Azuki.
Speaker 1: And p Tyron Taylor is a good defender.
Speaker 4: He could come and I guess they would use him as a defensive replacement for sale Suzuki.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh for sure.
Speaker 4: But Clay Holmes fits perfectly for this. And you know, Clay Holmes is a perfect fit. And then we can pitch start if they need him to pitch in the bullpen, and listen, I just saw Craig Council, uh this weekend, and uh, he said, we don't have a bullpen roles. It's all about pockets and where we can best use pockets. So they don't have a closer play. Hoolmes closed for a while. Let's not forget.
Speaker 1: You're saying in the postseason if he shifts that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, yeah, he has closed in the past.
Speaker 1: Well. The other thing was Clay Holmes. His he signed with the Mets before last season, right, and last year sounds right.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then he's gonna add two years ago.
Speaker 3: But okay, yeah, twenty five twenty six is this two year deal, and he is a player option for next year.
Speaker 1: Which he's going to decline as long as he gets back on the mound and he's healthy. Okay, he was really good at the start of last year, had a little bit of fade going on, which is understandable. You're a reliever for years and then all of a sudden you're getting a starter's workload this time around. He hasn't pitched for a good chunk of the year. You perhaps don't have to worry about the arm wearing down. Clay Holmes could start one of your first few playoff.
Speaker 2: Games, right, Yes, I love this trade.
Speaker 1: Because Justin Steele's not starting a playoff game for you. Nope, Kevin Gossman should start a playoff game for you.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Edward Cabre maybe but not backed yet. Well, there's a lot of that going on right now. They're waiting for some guys to come back, right.
Speaker 3: So who's this could bump out? Then? Who's bumping because you have Boyd, you have Shota, you have Gosman, you have homes and Edward Cabrera is coming back. I mean, you can't say Holmes isn't coming back or is coming back and Cabrera is not coming back. Holmes hasn't even pitched in the big leagues yet.
Speaker 1: Since he returned. Right, He had a minor league start the other day. Also, David Peterson has pitched pretty well for this team. Here's the point, there's options. Yep, the Cubs should not have to go bullpenning through October. If they make a run. We feel like we've got names now, right, This was what they needed. Today's episode is sponsored by the ASPCA pet Health Insurance Program. Kratz.
Speaker 3: We love our pups, we do, and I can't put Bella in a bubble.
Speaker 2: So you know what I'll do.
Speaker 3: I'll do the next best thing for her.
Speaker 1: That's right. The ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program offers customizable accident and illness plans that can fit your budget, your lifestyle, and even your pets particular quirks. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one million pets. And when it's time to submit a claim, it's easy. Just use their app and receive reimbursement for eligible VET bills directly into your bank account, so you can get back to focusing on what really matters, and that's your pet. To explore coverage, visit ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul. That's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul again one more time. ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash foul. This is a paid advertisement. Insurance is underwritten by either Independence American Insurance Company or United States Fire Insurance Company and produced by PTZ Insurance Agency Limited. The ASPCA is not an insuran and is not engaged in the business of insurance. I mean they lost I mean Kate Horton and Justin Steele. At the start of the year, You're like, well, those two should pitch in October for them, Well, Horton went down, Steel hasn't come back yet, so now you rework it. Yeah, Boyd and Monaga, Gossman and Clay Holmes. Yeah, maybe that's that's a good list now that you're putting together. Are you guys feeling somewhat satisfied with what the Cubs stayed on.
Speaker 4: I think they be nice.
Speaker 2: I like the moves they've made. I think this is good.
Speaker 4: They they greatly, they greatly improve their starting rotation often I mean Homes and Goldsman right away. Boom boom. I mean pretty good, really good. The reason I say Clay Holmes to the bullpen is you name the names, right. Boyd showed a Gosman and then they could they could bump Clay Homes possibly to the bullpen, Ray and Colin Ray and Asa too. They could use a swingman depending on how the games go.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So that's why I like this trade from a Cub standpoint. They can pick and choose the true and.
Speaker 1: They want to do and this one, I mean, we're not go ahead, no.
Speaker 3: No, just the best nine innings that you can put out there. And I think I think that was the intrigue and value from Clay Holmes because he's gonna put He's going to have that flexibility, Asad has that flexibility. Colin Ray has had that flexibility in his career. Just get the best nine innings and go out and try to out defense the other team because they have a really really good defense too. I think. Uh.
Speaker 4: I think one interesting thing is does this mean to read Denvers?
Speaker 3: Is he going to the Cubs?
Speaker 1: He apologized to you, well, yes, to me and to a lot of people. It's easier to do it on social media. It accomplishes that instead of him personally calling everyone, but yes, Kratz, I don't know if you caught it, and you're the mediator here when a J and I battle, but the Cubs are not getting me.
Speaker 2: Sure's still an hour left?
Speaker 3: One nothing still one nothing, so one nothing.
Speaker 1: I did not fall for that crap.
Speaker 2: You did fall for it, You and.
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 1: I did not. I actually kind of trashed that per and then you guys gave me apologize him, and I was like, I think he's fucking wrong.
Speaker 2: He's wrong.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no offense to the guy.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't even know what.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, dude, we're wrong. It happens. I'm not blaming him. All that happened two hours ago was me saying I'm not saying Tach matches on the Cubs, but.
Speaker 4: By the way they did, and they gave up Moses Byteros, who they say is a catcher, but the Cubs clearly didn't think he was a catcher.
Speaker 1: I think they just gave up on him as a catcher. I think that's what they just told us. No, the Cubs did, I'm saying, oh yeah, Moises Spellosteros was a pretty big deal hitting prospect. It's not like he's gotten a ton of time in the big leagues yet, and then they're moving him on to the Angels.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Zephyr John has I'm sure years of control, right, He's probably got three four years left. Mark been able to keep up with everything. Yeah, Mark McGuire's kid. But Zephyr John and the bullpen, the Cubs have added arms. You'll see in October major league side of this, Yankees trade Elliot Ramos. So they pick up Ramos and Luis Garcia for an offense that frankly needed help. We don't know what the timetable is officially for Aaron Judge. You would hope that he's going to come back at some point. You have to get there too. They really struggled to score runs since he went down to the surprise of No. One. These are two bats that can really help you in a hurry. Thoughts on what's going down here for the Yankees right now with a focus on offense krats, I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Think you're getting the best available. I think they went out and got two dudes that hit the ball hard. They don't really look at anything extra in the profile of a hitter. They want the dudes that hit the ball the hardest, and I think they they think and I would agree Elio Ramos probably is going to really succeed from leaving San Francisco. You're talking about somebody that was an All Star, somebody that it's a tough place to hit. Nobody's gonna deny it, and if you pick it up, you get a little bit of control. It's not a major marquee name. But the reality is, I don't think anybody thinks the Yankees are gonna do anything if Aaron Judge doesn't come back. So when he does come back with Elliet Ramos in there, is he a platoon advantage. Yeah, but you don't have to put Jason Dominguez in there hitting right handed, which he has struggled. He's been up a little bit, but you have a lot of It gives your lineup a lot more length, especially with the different platoon advantages that they try to that they try to have.
Speaker 1: It is a good point. AJ whenever you see a Yankees acquisition, I go right to Statcast to the Baseball Savant page, and I know that the top half of the page, which is the one that has exiblow barrel percentage, hard hit percentage, they haven't type. They very specific type. You better hit the crap out of the ball or they're not as interested. And these two guys that they picked up certainly hit the snot out of the baseball. Ramos and Luis Garcia this year for sure, and both of them obviously, I mean Garcia is on another level right now and what he's doing, but Ramos still, you know, four to twenty four slug He's coming out of San Francisco and going to the Yankees. Now, he's usually enough tick there and then for Garcia. I mean, he's just been one of the best hitters in baseball. So if this is it for the Yankees, should their fans be satisfied.
Speaker 2: They want to catch her? Yes, yes, yes, that's.
Speaker 1: A big offensive improvement. These two guys, I agreed, Yes, are serious impact players.
Speaker 3: They're never going to get a catcher. They were never unless it was an Adelie Rushman. I'm telling you what it looks for value, and I think I think it you picked up two guys that do hit the snot out of the ball. You're just not going to get a lot of zone discipline. You're not going to get a lot of great at bats, which you know what, if you hit the ball hard, nobody cares about if it was the first pitch or the fifth pitch. And so they added that I don't think it was realistic, and maybe we'll find out later, but I don't think it was realistic that they were really truly going to go after a catcher outside of an Adelie Rutchman, outside of a super offensive type of catcher that, like you know, it doesn't bring any defense. I just I have a hard time believing they would have go away from.
Speaker 1: Allso okay, well, their division has been crazy active the American League East, So I have another one for you, as the Red Sox have caught up significantly over the last month and change. This is a trade. It stands out to meet names known reliever Eric Miller. He's done a nice job with the Giants.
Speaker 2: Moving over to Boston. Barcelo Meyer though, Marcel.
Speaker 1: Up on the side, yeah.
Speaker 2: Quick because remember him? Him?
Speaker 1: And uh Roman Anthony? Remember him?
Speaker 2: Who Roman Anthony?
Speaker 4: And uh? I was thinking more Campbell, the guy in Christian Campbell. Yeah, we're supposed to be like the next three prize prospects. And now Anthony's heard Campbell's and triple A and Meyer's a giant surprising. See this How fast prospects we always talk about the crowds is how fast prospects can become suspects and be gone.
Speaker 1: Eric Miller's good that wait wait.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait. Marcel Meyer was supposed to be one one, but because the other teams ahead of him said no, we want to save some money, we're not going. Marcelo won one and the Red Sox, because I worked for him that time, they were like, oh my gosh, we can't believe he fell to us at four now he's on to his second team right now. I think it's unfair, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But also, they just landed a guy who's going to pitch in big moments if this team makes the postseason in October, a left handed reliever who's been great and he's under control for like five years.
Speaker 3: Yes, what does all in look like? Boston Red Sox twenty twenty six, July well, August third trade deadline, That's what all in looks like.
Speaker 1: It's the summertime, aj and this is a time to feel free, wild, make some phone calls that you're overdue for, and also get some deals that you should be getting that you deserve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it couldn't be any easier though. It's just one price for unlimited talk, text and data. It's really simple. It is one price for all the data and all the phone calls you could want per month.
Speaker 5: It's simple, that's right.
Speaker 1: All of mint Mobiles plans are fifteen bucks a month with the summer sale, even unlimited. To get your new wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month, go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory to cut your wireless bill to fifteen dollars a month. That's it. There's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred eighty dollars for twelve months. Plan required fifteen bucks per month equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required, availability, speed and coverage farries see mintmobile dot com.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like the moves they may.
Speaker 4: They may move to try to help them win games, not only get the postseason, but once they get there. And also, by the way, there's a guy in the chat that says Logan Henderson and terror School will have the same numbers there.
Speaker 2: That's why you don't make that track.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, by the way, I'm missing, was Logan Henderson going to.
Speaker 2: Start a playoff game for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 1: He still might.
Speaker 2: Okay, now is Errek Scuba going to start it?
Speaker 1: I'm not putting I can't even entertain that question, I.
Speaker 4: Know, but the fact that people in the chat would actually say something like your brainwashed.
Speaker 2: But he's not school and he doesn't bring the cash.
Speaker 3: Shay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So two teams that sometimes we've picked on since our show's existence for being like these high expectations big market teams went through many rebuilds too. Cubs in Red Sox. Both both of them have done today a lot.
Speaker 2: Both really going after today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean both smell blood in the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For Boston, they've looked like they belong in that top tier in the American League East now right krats, and they're showing it with what they're doing at the trade deadline.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: For the Chicago Cubs, I think right now they can keep up with the Brewers in a playoff series. I know they fell to them in a Game five last year. I think they could beat them.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously they could beat them. I still think the Brewers are better, but I think the Red I think the Cubs have done what they needed to do. I think they've upgraded in the areas that help. They get extra value from those pitchers too, that like a Gosman, because their defense is going to be behind Gosman who's throwing. You know they're gonna get into throws, splitter a few a little bit more. It's probably gonna be more ground balls if it's not strikeouts. I think the Red Sox. The Red Sox have proven that they want to win this year, but the moves they've also made are not just for this year. So they were a little you know, they were a little advantageous in this too. They have this year and next year in mind, and so you hear about those netto rumors. Maybe there's something there for the offseason. Maybe there's something there for the last thirty one minutes.
Speaker 1: Who knows, mm hmm. And then they probably really liked the arm of Eric Miller. Again looking at the type in Eric Miller stat cast, if you're a Red Sox fan and nice it's Christmas on that page, he was nice exit Velo ninety ninth percentile in we contact that he's getting, but yet still ninety seventh percentile fifth percentage and ninety fifth percentile strikeout percentage, ninety eighth percentile hard hit like we contact, brown balls and punch outs as a left handed reliever with.
Speaker 4: Velo, every team we've expected to do something has kind of gone after the needs that they think they have, except the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, they've been super quiet.
Speaker 4: But a lot of the other teams have done the cobbs. The Yankees, other than Catcher have tried to fill in. The Mets have made their moves, The Blue Jays have done some interesting things. The Angels have gotten rid of some guys. The Mariners went out and got a hitter, right, I mean, the White Sox got altfielder, catcher, pitcher right, Dodgers got scooball Brewers got a starter or reliever.
Speaker 1: And they just got another one. Antonio Sen's it tell another us with him, Jojo Romero and Dustin May are the three arms that they bring in, which is going to get criticized, but I will say it is much more than they did likelast year.
Speaker 4: Yes, fine, I mean so, I feel like most of the teams have gone out and done Tampa went out and made some big moves. Catcher check, starter check, high end, reliever wells check.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So these teams Yankees have done everything they can, but they haven't obviously they haven't got the catcher, but okay, they'll live with the other two moves. So these teams that are in contention have really tried to go out and bolster what they have and then the Diamondbacks. I guess, so the one team that's kind of missing Astros went out and got our show check.
Speaker 1: M hm. So you like mostly what's being done more so than most, Do you feel like more so than most trade deadlines?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like more teams, the more teams that know that they have a chance, are going after what they need. And I think that's because more teams are willing to sell on especially expiring contracts, So teams are targeting them and then, excuse me, the higher asking price, the asking price I feel like is lowered. Yes, so teams are not as as worried about geting rid of their number eighteen prospect.
Speaker 1: You can't sit there if you're a team selling a rental and wait for a top five prospect, because you'll never get them. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Pretty much?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean unless you have a Wan Soda right or someone of that. Yeah, somewhat similar ilk.
Speaker 1: Right, You're not getting that type of superstar in this situation.
Speaker 4: Those trades usually don't happen during the season. Very often they do, but not a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crowds. By the way, the Reds haven't sold anyone. It seems like the Reds never.
Speaker 1: Do say it, Crats. I mean, there's a few teams. Well, all right, let's get to our next guest. But the Diamondbacks and the Reds are being super quiet, but most other teams are really wheeling and dealing.
Speaker 3: Its a trade deadline today. They thought there was another. They thought the August thirtieth one is or thirty first is still around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they can try and wait, it's not going to go well for them. Let's get to Jim Duquett, former Big League exec Jim Docat with us right now. Duke, thanks for the time, dude, good to see you. I'll let you take the floor here first. I know there's so many things flying left and right, Like where do you feel the most opinionated about what you've seen so far in terms of one trade? And then we'll play off of that.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I was gonna just play off of what Kratzy was just saying. You guys were talking about teams that hadn't done anything yet, and it's surprising, you know, see Arizona in particular, had been where they were on Clay Holmes, they were on some other guys they're looking for starting the pitching. They were looking for bullpen homes fit for them. When when the starters came back healthy, like Burns Ryan Nelson, they could have moved him to the bullpen if they wanted. So that was a really important piece for them. And they yet albid obviously by the Cubs when they traded when the Mets trade them there and they included Tyrone Taylor, So for me, that aspect is really surprising. Then we were just hearing with the Reds and I was talking about this on the radio side of things, like, Okay, Stevenson hadn't gone yet, you feel like he needs to go somewhere. I mean, with all of the catchers that have gone so far, he hasn't gone anywhere. And then now there's a report that Brady Singer isn't going to be traded and they're likely to make him a qualifying offer, which you know, that's a little bit surprising too, that you couldn't, you know, go out and try to sign him as a free agent and take, you know, get what you can. On the prospect side of things, unless they just couldn't get they couldn't line up with the prospects that they you know, quality prospects, which has been a problem obviously in some circumstances. So that to me stood out in a number number one and number two, the huge, huge hall for the for the Orioles, trading Adlee for all those prospects. Now, I am surprised that they traded him, but that six guys, I mean that is that is a huge, huge haul there at the Red Sox were giving up and then they just gave out Marcelo Meyer for Eric Miller, and you know, Meyer I felt like has more value than than just for a left handed reliever. I know Miller, you know, has years of control, but I mean you're talking about it up the middle type of player that hasn't quite hit yet, but I think I think he will. So I don't know, those are some of the ones that that stand out to me here just lately.
Speaker 3: Which side do you like it? For the Red Sox, for the with the Adlie move because you said.
Speaker 5: I love yeah, yeah, I love ATHLEYE. Chresty. I I mean, I I really do. I think you know, now the problem that we have is, you know, is the health right That's the only real for me, the real issue obviously, you know, the last before this year, year and a half or so of offense that have been on the decline, and a part of that was his health during that as well, and the bat had kind of gone quiet, and it looked like this year he had figured some things out again. And obviously when you have a switch hitting catcher who also is a good, you know, good defender, you feel really good about having that guy in the middle of your lineup. But again, he's had a couple of different il stints this year, and they do have a good young catcher and Basaio, so you know that I guess, I guess from the Red Sox size. I like it because he's the middle of the line of bat. It's hard to find those type of guys, especially behind the plate, as we know. And for the Orioles, I'm even though they got a great haul, like it wasn't that long ago, I say, three weeks ago that their general Manrew Michaelia said they're buying. Well, they're not buying, they're selling, you know, And I think that that quick turnaround for me has been a bit surprising too.
Speaker 1: For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve powered online schools K twelve Powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Top Father, take it away.
Speaker 6: Stride is a wonderful option for anybody that's always on the run. I mean, look at myself, from playing baseball to helping out a lot of people. Stride is fantastic for your child to be homeschool. They will love it no matter what.
Speaker 1: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this fall. See how K twelve Pirate schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul that's the letter K, the number twelve dot com slash foul K twelve dot com slash foul K twelve serving three million students and counting quick follow up. Actually on that, I've and you know the OILS organization super well. Of course you used to work in it. How do you feel Michael Lias has done now with getting close to a decade of work in that organization in times like this, like, I'm confused. I thought that they were going to buy and sell but ultimately be a better team when we come out of this. That doesn't look to be the case. So sometimes when I'm listening to the quotes from him, I'm getting like, oh, well, it just depends what prices we get for everyone eventually, like you have to actually look at the team and be like, do we care? Are we winning this year? Like it can't always just be well, my computer model says, I'm getting to drop more value out of this guy, and so I'm gonna pull the trigger and do that deal because he does this sometimes when they're in the mix. This year, they're in the mix. Now you're gonna have a pretty pissed off fan base. It's not going to go to games if they stumble out of the gates after the trade deadline.
Speaker 5: Here, I mean, and I like the hall that they got, but to your point, like the fans are not are not supportive of what Michael Liyas has done and how the team has played over the last couple of years. Now, you know, I said this about three weeks ago, you know, and one of the hard and this was I said this with you guys, one of the hardest things when you're in that job is you fall in love with your draft picks, your own guys that you develop and sign, and sometimes you hold on to them too long and then the value goes out of them. Now I thought that was going to be the case with Rutchman. It wasn't. They got they got a lot of value back in return. But this rebuild, you know, you're it's a real roller coaster because in twenty two, when they were in the mix for the postseason, they sold and it barely pissed off their fan base and the clubhouse. He had to go down on the road and I think they were in Houston at that point and go talk to the players because he was basically quitting on the season. Then they went in twenty three and twenty four, and then twenty five, obviously twenty six, like it's been, it hasn't been good enough. This window of you know, the open window they were supposed to have is all of a sudden closed again, and it makes you really wonder can he put together a major league roster. He's done a good job of evaluating prospects to some degree, but once they get to the big league level, they're not developing. And the roster has been a little i'd say disjointed when you're trying to look at winning. So there's not a lot of support there. Locally, he does it seems like he has the ownership approval at least with Rubinstein, but he is getting crushed there locally.
Speaker 3: Got Jim.
Speaker 2: Let's go to a different division. Let's go to AL Central where it's uh.
Speaker 4: The Guardians have acquired Foster Griffin and Joe Joe Adell to bolster their team. The White Sox have gotten Joey Bart, Luis Castillo, Huascar Brasi, Bond. Which one and these are the two teams that are in the main along with the twins for the for the AL Central. Which team do you think has done better in today's trade deadline in the AL Central?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That that's a that's a good one, you know, because Foster Griffin has been so good, you got a starter, and then Adele, who I know, the last seventy games or so, he's kind of been on the decline. I like Adele as a good makeup guy. Right he hits lefties, which they need in that line. I mean, he is a guy that could play I think every day out there, and they've been dying for an offensive player like that. I'll give I'll give Cleveland a little bit of the not just in the deadline so far that I've seen. And I like Brasse Bond, don't get me wrong, but you know, he's an older reliever. I think the Mets sold high on him. But and they've done it, you know, overall, really really good job. I think, fill in some of their holes. But I feel like with Cleveland, the talent that they acquired over the last you know, day or two is a little bit better, a little bit better than what I've seen there, you know, within the rest of the division.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all right, Twins, they sold ninety three players last year the trade deadline, and now they've just recently they acquired Jeff Hoffman, AJ Mentor and Dean Kramer. Give me your evaluation of what they've done, because they're a team that's just on the fringe of the wild card for the American League.
Speaker 5: They are. I agree with you in that, you know, their offense has been fantastic. You know, they had that deal that supposedly got nixed by the Astros Larnik for what was it a brave I think it was, and I wouldn't have liked that necessarily that that trade. I know, maybe there's another player in there that we don't know about, but you know, I think with that offense, they been their strength. It's carried them to this point. I'm not so sure on the rotation. Like Kramer is a good back end starter for me. I like what they did on the bullpen side. Now mint Mintor is interesting for me because he got right, he's out and he really struggled against lefties this year, but he's been historically a good left handed reliever against left handed hitters, so you know, hopefully he'll kind of figure that out. And brass Abound has been better than expected. You know what abouthers me a little bit is you know, there is a little bit of a concern him pitching in New York. Now, he pitched well in New York, but it was on a team that wasn't winning. But you know, again, he's gonna get the plenty of high leverage situations there in Minnesota, so they did strengthen a weakness there. I'm not so sure that they addressed the rotation at least for my liking to be able to compete there. But again, they've exceeded my expectations from the very beginning. So I'm excited to see what it looks like the last two months.
Speaker 4: Jim, what's the one teams that surprised you so far? Good or bad? Either way? Good or bad? Oh?
Speaker 5: Good or bad? Well, you know what I think think with I'm gonna say the the Yankees have surprised me a little bit that they weren't going to be a little more aggressive. I hesitate to say bad because they did address the knee. They got Ramos and Luis Garcia. I just don't you know, it's an odd fit with Garcia playing first base and and you have obviously Ris that's gonna play mostly first in d H and you got gold Schmidt, and that to me is a little bit I'm not seeing how that you know that fits versus what, let's say, as an example, the Rays. Did you know, I thought they did a pretty good job obviously getting Peralta. That's a bi low candidate with Peralta. But so I'll just I'll stick with the Yankees on that. I'm a little bit surprised, you know, on the bad side of of that, and then you know, on the on the good side. I'm trying to Oh the Cubs. I really liked how how well aggressive Jed Hoyer has been. This is odd of character for him. We have not seen him be this aggressive at the trade deadline. It's always been that proverbial opportunistic, you know, and he's holding on to prospects. This had I'm going to say it was complete, you know, theo you know, he's he's out from that shadow. But if you remember in twenty sixteen how aggressive they were, and I think his quote was if not now, then when I feel like we're going to get some similar paraphrased type of comment from Jed Hoyer this time around too, because I think what they did, you know, getting Gosman, getting homes, you know, being able to use homes in the bullpen. They got another starter I'm not thinking of at the moment, but I mean I thought they did really really well. Yeah, yeah, thank you, Garrett. So yeah, I think I think the Cubs were that one. I think they did well, and it surprised me at how aggressive they were.
Speaker 1: Hey, Duke, a ton of prospects coming into Queen's to the Mets organization. I didn't realize. I mean, I was like, yeah, the Mets system, I thought it was kind of mid range. But then you see a deal like what they did with the Cubs and it's for rentals. Jefferson Rojas goes into their system and most publications are going to probably put him first or second, depending on you know, Joanah tom So they are actually really retooling their farm system this week, huh.
Speaker 5: I do like the Rojas, you know, I thought they maybe could have squeezed another prospect out of it. But he's the top. He's the top one hundred at least according to the pipeline MLB pipeline. You know, as an infielder, he's a shorter third. You know, there's a lot to like with him. So, you know, I thought, you know, for what they you know, the little bit that's left on Holmes contract and throwing Taylor in there, I thought they did a really good job on that. I like the kid Stafaro that they got from the Pirates for Luke Weaver. That kid can hit a little bit. You know, was watching some video and looking at some reports on him, He's a local kid in New York that grew up a Mets fan. And I think if you look at those two guys in particular, they're going to be probably, you know, top three, top four prospects in the Mets. I know the pipeline's a little light in my opinion on him, but you know, I like what they did in that situation. They got a couple of i'll call him lottery tickets with the arms there a little bit later, but yeah, I think what they were able to do and just being patient. Part of this deadline. I think JB was talking about this earlier, but part of the deadline and when you have this many players is there's a strategy to it. Right, they were waiting on Peralta. I thought Paralta was actually going to go before Schooble, did you know within the industry he didn't. But they moved him first, they got quantity there, then they go Weaver next, and then he held on to Holmes a little bit longer to wait and get the best prospect. And yeah, I think that that's a big part of you know this when you're selling is the strategy aspect of it. And I thought the Mets did pretty well considering all things. As bad as the season has been.
Speaker 1: This is that time of year, aj it is Baseball's time to shine, and it is sea Geek's time to shine with MLB tickets and finding the best pricing, seating and games that are even sold out available on sea geek.
Speaker 4: Absolutely if you want to go to the biggest map coming up, we have Yankees Cubs coming up.
Speaker 3: Where's Yankees red sox? That means stuff.
Speaker 4: Again, there's some big moments that are coming up here in the as the penachases really heat up, Go to sik can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you. They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best. Look. Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at seakeek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 3: What about the pirates. What about what the pirates have done if they filled all the needs that they have based on the fact that they have pushed all in as the pirates can push all in and now they're kind of on the fringe here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 5: It's been one of those days. I remember who who they got besides Weaver? Did they get anybody else besides Weaver?
Speaker 3: I don't think, oh.
Speaker 5: Deval So listen, I think Weaver was the best relief pitcher on the market just watching his season and how good he's been and being able to pitch, you know, in tight situations. So I really like that pick up. I'm not a big dove all guy, just watching him in New York and and you know, I didn't it, just didn't handle it. But you know, in a change of scenery and that environment, he might be better. I just I wonder, you know, if you're managing that team right, and you have Soto and Daval in your bullpen, uh, do you pick up a pack of cigarettes and start smoking them as soon as you bring them in? Because I've got some concerns with the number of walks and and just how difficult it's going to be with those guys, number of guys getting on base like, I don't know, man, I I know that Ben Sherrington likes Don Kelly, but man, I feel for Don having to bring those guys in and then watch all these guys get on base.
Speaker 4: True, Jim, I mentioned this earlier. The Rangers and the Pirates have the same record. They're both under five hundred. I know the Rangers have one less one, so but the Rangers everyone was talking about them selling and the Pirates are talking about going for it even though they're in the NL and the Rangers are in the ALE. Why is it such a difference in philosophies? Is it just desperation from the Pirates wanting to act like they're trying to be good?
Speaker 5: I think I think that's a part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think when you you know you're all in or all committed, all committed, like like Ben Sherrington was, and you go through this little bit of stretch that they've been, you know, this downturn, I felt like they were a team. They were a dangerous team, and I still think that they are. And I don't have their strength of schedule, but a lot of that to me matters. I know some people disagree, but I think the strength of schedule down the stretch, I gotta I know, you got to win games at the major level. What's hard to do. But man, when you have when you you'd much rather play teams that are struggling than the one than the really good ones. Uh to be able to go on a run like that. And so you know, I we'll see with Pittsburgh on that. But you know, I think that you know, Texas, that to me was the other Texas and Baltimore both were you know, and even I'll throw Detroit Detroit and there after trading Schooble, they haven't done an awful lot, so maybe maybe they're trying to do both. But I just don't know when I've always felt like, if you're within you know, three games of the postseason and you you have a you know, high end starting pitching like you do in Pittsburgh with those guys, they're a dangerous team if they were able to get to the postseason. So I don't I don't mind it, especially you know, if you kind of use it in as the comparison to you know, how bad the Pirates have been and they just haven't done enough over the last couple of years. So when you get to that taste, I kind of like and I would have liked to have seen them push in a little bit more.
Speaker 1: SOD. My question, playing off of this, what's the one team that either sold or basically as holding. As we're getting to the final minutes here before the trade deadline ends and we'll get stuff that trickles out after. What's one team where you looked and you were like, I would have just kept rolling with it. I know one that comes to mind that I've I've heard you say, and I'll bring it up and let me know if you're throwing another direction. But I heard you at one point say, hey, the Tigers are right there and their rotation would have looked good in October. And again, we're twelve minutes away from no Casey Mizu news. Yet I would imagine he's going to get traded in the next ten to fifteen minutes. But either way, was that the team that you had circled, Like the Tigers have made bigger pushes than this in the past. Should they have just held off?
Speaker 5: They're historically last couple of years, they've been a second half team, and now that they were healthy now that Scooble was back and pitching better, and they were starting to get healthy. You know, I know what Carpenter was out, but they were starting to get healthy on the on the offensive front. I thought they were a real dangerous team down the stretch, and if they got to the postseason, they had the one guy that they could have rowed in Schooble. But they have got others obviously, you know, in the in the you know, in the rotation that I liked. Myz is another one. Jackson Job's supposed to come back, like there are there are a lot of things that I felt like that with the Tigers, they were trending up, and so I didn't In the end, I wasn't surprised that that. I think I said this on this on this show last week, Dodgers are going to get Schooble. If he's available, the Dodgers are going to get There's no one that's going to outbid them. But I didn't like the move personally. I thought that they should have just since they held on to him last winter and they were trending up. I would have wanted to keep him and see if there's something maybe they could have moved maze and done something, you know that way, But hold on to Scooble and make a run at it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. You got anyone agreed before we let him go? Or did you guys want him gone?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think I think he's right.
Speaker 4: I mean the Tigers aren't that far and they were, I mean they were playing a little bit better in the American League. Isn't that hard last year? Or I think when the Tigers are are looking at a gym is a couple of years ago?
Speaker 2: Was it two years ago? They made the.
Speaker 4: Playoffs and they and they did just didn't do anything. Remember the rest of the Central Clarity. They guys away and then they got hot and made the postseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last year they did fade.
Speaker 2: Actually they did.
Speaker 5: Fade in September yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two years ago they were rolling last one. Sorry because there was one more trade they came through. And we've been talking about them, just your analysis on the player. You know, we've covered for years. The Diamondbacks did finally do something. They it looks like they're acquiring Lars Newtbar yes and reporting. So thoughts on new Bar and the Diamondbacks getting a little offense.
Speaker 5: Well, they've been looking for you know, left handed bat, center fielder. You know, I still feel like they have a move in them. They were looking for starting pitching. Maybe they'll be in on mis like we just talked about. But I like Newbar, you know, a little bit obviously at the top of the lineup, to add a little bit of pressure ahead of the rest of the of the offensive group that they have. So yeah, I think in the end, I don't I don't know what the acquisition cost was there, but I don't think it matters at this point. You know, they're on the board, but I'm hoping that in the final what is the ten minutes, that they can find themselves a little bit more pitching at least another starting pitcher.
Speaker 1: Duke. Awesome stuff. Thank you so much for joining us here towards the buzzer. We appreciate you man.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, thanks, We've we've hit.
Speaker 1: Every trade as it's come, whether we've done it ourselves or done it with the guests at the moment, as we've been live now for what five hours days, five days, seven minutes away. We did a really good weekend show too that was just dedicated to the Schoogle News and we still spoke about schoogle plenty today, So if you're backtracking at some point you miss something, we probably covered it here on FT and props of the team behind the scenes hustling stuff's flying out on social media too, on the Foul Territory accounts. But we are at the six minute fifty second mark until deals need to be submitted and then we'll learn about what's going on right afterward. So let's do this while.
Speaker 2: We're we have to stay on after six o'clock.
Speaker 1: We always you ask me this year. Every year Aja asks me this.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask you.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Are almost everyone everyone needs dinner?
Speaker 4: No, I never asked that because I could read a map back when I was kicked there. I knew when we were almost there.
Speaker 1: Favorite trade so far, and you can include the last few days, but the trade where you're like, I really like this team getting this player.
Speaker 4: This is gonna surprise you when I tell you this. It's the Cubs trades today, both of them, Gossman and Clay Holmes. That's that's the one that is just because they are such a need, such a need for them to do. That was a big one for me.
Speaker 1: I like that two playoff starters. That's not easy. Two playoff starters.
Speaker 2: You have crats Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Like I like, I love the Red Sox. The fact that I've said one and a half weeks ago this team stinks, and they're like, screw you, We're going to get in a big time reliever with I think Eric Miller is a big time reliever if you watch him and Adlie Rutchman. Is Ali Ruchmand one hundred percent healthy? I have no idea who's one hundred percent healthy in August anyway, Like, I think it's something that they saw an opportunity to make this team better in a big way, and they pushed it. They pushed it all in.
Speaker 4: Wow, CBS, And I tell you the most interesting team the Red Sox getting Ali Ruchman training Marcelo Mayer.
Speaker 2: I mean, with this better work, this better work, I don't know.
Speaker 1: See for me, if it doesn't work, I'm still satisfied. If I'm a Red.
Speaker 4: Sox Francisco just starts crushing.
Speaker 1: It, I guess. But no, I'm okay, we can't. We can't do right, Harry Box, Uh, that's it. We can't say hey, I want to see my team do things and then knock it if the player ends up working out.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, yeah, I think the Rays had a nice day. Yeah, Catcher, starter, reliever, all good pieces. Yankees got a couple of bats they needed. Dodgers got school obviously, Brewers did Okay, started a couple of relievers.
Speaker 2: Uh who else?
Speaker 1: I'm against you on that. I mean, I think they did fine.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they did fine. They're the classic. Yeah, probably raise a nice piece for them, especially if they swing the bat the way they have the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: It's weird that they didn't make ten trades.
Speaker 2: Though, well, the Mariners didn't need it.
Speaker 1: Right, aj Preler and Jerry Depoto or two of the top five, if not top three in terms of quantity. Texted okay ten years I.
Speaker 4: Texted, Okay, I hope there's I think there's more coming, even though Bob said no, but I think there might be one more moving.
Speaker 1: It wasn't catcher the last spot they were looking.
Speaker 2: At, just Joe I mean, listen, we love Joey Bart.
Speaker 1: But oh right, they got Joey Bart. So then, but is that like they'll probably hold off then they're not going to get another guy. I think the white sucks were very clear with their messaging. We'll spend a little take on some money.
Speaker 2: They took on a lot of money.
Speaker 1: We are not trading from our fine, that's fine prospect hub, our good looking prospect hub. They were like, no, we.
Speaker 4: Have six shortstops that are all potential. We're all gonna play short stop crats.
Speaker 3: Padres love shortstops. Padres do love shortstops.
Speaker 4: Padres also haven't lost one hundred games the last two years.
Speaker 1: It's hard to know what the asking prices were, but do you think that the Angels should have entertained more conversations about Zach Netto or Reid Detmer's and wait got traded? No, he didn't. And I've got another team that we haven't spoken much about today, Reds. No, we just we just hit how the Reds really have been chilling. We talked about them with one trade that they made that made them a little bit worse offensively, but it was a little bit of a surplus situation and it made another team much stronger in a certain position on offense that's probably not specific enough. The Marlins. The Marlins are close to a wild card spot. They they fell apart in the last couple of weeks. I know they don't so, but but they all of a sudden become a hole besides Liam Hicks.
Speaker 3: Yes that's a move for that.
Speaker 2: I know that's the lowest. But that was it wouldn't get traded. I told y'all, Sandy wasn't get traded.
Speaker 1: I told Jolly, wasn't gonna get all year about Sandy Saniel Lowe.
Speaker 2: All the Reds did something.
Speaker 5: Holla Lou, Yeah, hallean Lou.
Speaker 3: Yeah they got there, they got their Nri traded. Yeah. Uh yes to the Guardians.
Speaker 4: But who is there another team that didn't do anything? Because I think pretty much every team was covered today, weren't they?
Speaker 1: Oh, the Marlins just made a trade. When I like the second I said that the Marlins made a trade, or at least it was announced passed and said Victor Bodnik from the Rockies, who's got big stuff and pitches in Colorado, get him out of Colorado. I mean, I like him. He's Okay, high be low high ground ball guy. Uh, Connor Norby goes to the Rockies. What what do you mean?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Connor Norby, Norby and right hand are Aiden May. So the Marlins did do another thing.
Speaker 4: Days didn't do anything. They didn't ooh no, didn't trade? Is there anybody is there? Every team did something exet the A's right the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're counting the Reds just now.
Speaker 2: Just made a move? Sure for down seconds? No, yeah, seconds.
Speaker 4: Now let's see here, White Sox, Guardians, Twins, Tigers, Royals. Check, they all made moves. Raise Twins, your Red Sox, at Rols, Blues, just check Pastros, Rangers, A's out, Royals trade Lane Thomas yesterday today praise Philly Marlins, Nationals, Mets check. Chick check, Brewers Cubs, Pirates, Cardinals, Reds check, chick check. Dodgers diamondbackspot. Every team had a trade except for the A's. Go A's. Las Vegas is excited.
Speaker 2: Three two, one hush you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Trade deadline is officially over. So you guys tomorrow not mean we know about every deal, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So you guys tomorrow. Thanks. It was real.
Speaker 1: It is frantic in New York City right now at the MLB offices. I guarantee you we will learn about the trade. Let's put the over under right now. Okay, So officially the trade deadline is done right now how many more major league trades? What we hear about? Well, here's one. Ken Rosensald just said Kirby Yates to the Pirates, So the Pirates get Kirby Yates. So now they got Kirby Yates. Oh, the Reds, Camillo Doval and Luke Weaver. So starting now, how many more trades will we hear about over the next let me know tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm seven, We're sending at six and a half. I'm taking you over.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll take the under major league trades because then you also what happens is, guys, over these next fifteen minutes, reporters will start to chime in, Oh, here's another one, John Haymond Casey Mice to the Padres. Padres got Casey Mice and Robbie.
Speaker 2: Ray Padres had a good day. Man.
Speaker 4: Wow, I already said that. I already knew about that one. I just wasn't allowed to report it.
Speaker 1: Well because you said Casey Mice to everyone but Casey, so I never got you did that was your best prediction. Some people on TV do that. They predict everything every day and then try to go viral when when they're right, Casey my is to the or to the Padres. Sorry, Robbie Ray and Casey Mice inserted into the rotation. Michael King's been good this year. Their bullpen's awesome. How do you feel about the Padres?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I said they had a guarden said they had a good day.
Speaker 1: But now and they kept Mason Miller like how but but big picture, how do you feel about the Padres? Can they how much do you up their chances of making the playoffs? Can they do damage in the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, because their bullpen is so good, and also because if you have Robbie Ray, Casey Mice healthy, Moscow is supposed to be coming back at some point. Michael King's pretty good. And if their offense hits a little bit, they're pretty good.
Speaker 1: They might have to call you Darbish'd be like dude September kidding. But the Padres right now are on the outside looking in by a game. The current wildcard standings in the National League today, the Cubs have a pretty cushy lead, and then it's the Diamondbacks and Phillies even for the second spot, so they take up the other two spots right now, right, and then the Padres are their first team on the outside looking in. Their one game back, Marlins one and a half games back, and then there's another drop off where you get the Pirates and the Cardinals, the Nationals. So the Padres are believing in themselves much more than say the Marlins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no Ship, no shit, Scott, no.
Speaker 1: Shit, Captain Obvious.
Speaker 2: Report Seriously, thanks Captain Obvious.
Speaker 1: Their their neck and neck in the standings, and they just told their fan base is what they think.
Speaker 4: They believe in themselves more than the Diamond and one and one team just sold for three point nine million billion.
Speaker 1: But billion, you messed up your being your billion. So I did see a report at some point from someone in my circle of trust reporters that said aj Preler was telling teams that he could spend some cash. Robbie Ray is not cheap. Casey is making pretty good money this year. Remember how the Padres had to be careful before they were selling. They don't have to be as careful right now.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I'm looking forward to so much? Fox as the n A playoffs Andres Dodgers.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I'm just saying, be awesome. You know, I'd be awesome because the travel or I'll take Milwaukee Cubs out either one Fox Fox, So make this happen MLB player.
Speaker 1: So now the Tigers shed Schooble and miz good luck Pirates and what marks make his name from the Marlins Luke bash Are who I've seen it pitch B A C. H A R. From the Miolins right hand of believer. There you get some reports John Hayman, Angel Sherman both say Yankees are done. Ken Rosenthal said Orioles are keeping Trevor Rodgers. So they traded Taylor Ward and Adlei Rutchman, but they're holding Trevor Rogers.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's all coming and getting nothing for who Baltimore is Trevor Rodgers free agent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh okay.
Speaker 1: I want to point this out. So the team that I was just thinking about, and I just saw the tweet come in through our chat Jesus Kano, who covers the Braves for the Athletic This is going to point me to the next direction I want to take everyone. He said. The Padres have one of the worst farm systems in baseball today. They acquired Robbie Ray and Casey Mice. The Braves have a much stronger system. They added Tyler Mollety Braves fans are going to be pissed. Remember how we're getting asked. You don't think so. You don't think Braves fans are going to be pissed.
Speaker 4: They don't have a stronger farm system. Okay, why they don't have it because they didn't trade them, all right, they didn't trade any of them.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't Braves fans be pretty pissed right now with what they did.
Speaker 4: I don't know who's supposed to be pissed and who's supposed to be excited about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if.
Speaker 2: But Cash Mayfield is a great.
Speaker 1: Name, by the way, in there.
Speaker 4: Casey mis Engage workman for Cash Mayfield and Jackson Wolf. That's some serious names right there. Yeah, that's some serious name power.
Speaker 1: It's name flexing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you're okay with the Braids. You don't have any ran.
Speaker 2: I grew up a Braves fan. I want the Brace fans to do.
Speaker 1: I'm not your fandom. Do you think the Braves were sufficient just now with what they did last.
Speaker 4: Week compared to some other teams like the in the National League, like the Cubs and Dodge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they went more of the Brewers rout.
Speaker 2: Let's try to fly under the radar.
Speaker 1: Man, that's disappointing.
Speaker 3: They went, what the what the Cubs said they were going to go, didn't Jed Hoyer say, well, we're not going on. We're not going to push in here unless we get a unless we're talking about a buy. And the Cubs said, did you We're actually going to push. And the Braves were like, hey, wait a minute, you said you were going to push.
Speaker 1: Because the Braves don't have you're saying they don't have a great chance of a buy since the Dodgers and Brewers are in front of them.
Speaker 2: Cubs don't have a chance to buy either.
Speaker 1: They went, they said, which I went against what they said.
Speaker 3: Agreed.
Speaker 1: So you guys went over the teams that you loved the most. You guys loved the Cubs and the Red Sox from the traders in the Rays. Okay, so that's a good three. The teams that you disliked the most.
Speaker 4: They just didn't do one thing, didn't sell anybody, didn't really do much.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to say the team just north of Chicago anymore because I think we beat up on him enough.
Speaker 1: And the Brewers yep, uh, I just said the Braves, I would like to enter them on the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Reds.
Speaker 4: The Reds had a lot of right handed hitting guys they didn't get rid of Steers.
Speaker 1: Steer was the big one.
Speaker 2: He's pretty hurt Stevenson.
Speaker 4: I mean there were some guys that they just didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tyler Stevenson's a free agent after this year. He was emotional the other day thinking he was going to get dealt And unless something pops up in the next seven minutes on the late reports here, Tyler Stevens not going. Stevenson is not going anywhere, you.
Speaker 4: Know what a Holts. I think did a good job today and it's not going to show up this year. At the Blue Jays, they acquired some guys for the future, not just for this year. And I think they did a pretty good job with getting.
Speaker 1: Pitching Spencer Araghatty, Jose Soriano.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think that's nice.
Speaker 3: Tell me about what the Rangers did before I put them on the list.
Speaker 2: Nothing, they traded away, Josh.
Speaker 1: I know what they did. Nothing, No, no, no, they Yeah, besides Josh Smith. They they made phone calls today and I have a feeling that each phone call went the same. We know the first one, Hey, Jacob, No, do you want to get traded?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Hey, Corey, do you want to get traded? No? Nathan, would you like to get traded? No? All right, cool, Not much we can do here. They are all have no trade clauses. You can't do anything.
Speaker 2: I know, it's hard.
Speaker 1: It's it's a new ballpark, it's no state income tax. It's a team that's not out of it. So it's a little bit of a weird call. De Gram already spoke about it is now. I believe in here and yearnedes no trade clause. You gave it to him. Those guys don't want to move, Not that they would have moved, but they don't want to move.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of them gave them permission by.
Speaker 3: The Red Sonocks. Don't give no trade clause. Smartest team, no trade.
Speaker 4: Red Sox had a good day for me on the big league team level, and they're the most interesting team because of the moves they may yeah, because I don't know enough about the minor league guys that they gave up. But for me, I mean, you had adlei Ritchman, you had a good left handed reliever. That's a good day for the Red Tux for a team that's playing really well.
Speaker 1: Mhm. Official word coming in on who stayed put Ken saying zach Netto and Redetmer stay with the Angels.
Speaker 2: Devers got trade at Scott four hours ago.
Speaker 1: I put my ass on the line, called someone out, and I'm taking the w You should have seen me. I was texting behind the scenes too. It's like, don't talk about the street. I don't believe it.
Speaker 4: So Lara a good point. Mark, So Larra not traded either by the Angels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let's give them some credit here. They moved Zephyr, John Jose, Soriano, anyone else well, still South, Still Seth and Logan and Hoppy the.
Speaker 3: Other day, Brett Souter friend sor Yeah.
Speaker 1: But even Soriano like in past years, they don't do that. That's super prospect, super player for a long time. Yeah, some of those guys, you know those are not rentals, right. Adele's next year, Siriana's two more years.
Speaker 4: This is making his stamp, saying, all right, okay, al do you want me to run this team. You gotta let me run it the way I want. Let me basically jump start over.
Speaker 1: That's important. Angels fans have dealt with this for a long time. When they're looking at the deadline, they're like, what are we doing? We're not in contention this year. We need to get prospects in a seller's market. There were a lot of teams that were like, yep, we're trying this year. Let's go for it. All right, Well, we'll let you know if anyone else, Hey, can I can I point out one more team, one more team that I liked. The Cleveland Guardians picked up Joe Adell. There's some other smaller moves, Nathaniel Lowe, Blake Perkins, but Joe Adele and Foster Griffin for their rotation. Is it a push all your chips in? No, But I like those two moves. I think Foster Griffin's on the pitch well there, and I think Joe Adell is immediately inserted into the outfields. And they needed I know, you always say like, oh they need tons of outpha. They really needed one for sure that they can plug in there versus and that's the guy. Yeah, because you have Anhil Martinez had a good year right water the latter, so Adele filling that out helps. Yep, all right, I think we covered it all A few minutes left to go to finish some business, and then we'll let you know if anything else pops up. Our friend Jason Stark just three to this, the Phillies made a minor league trade at the buzzer with the A's. Minor league trade doesn't count. You didn't do anything A's but Seth Johnson to the A's for outfielder Kolby Thomas, and he said, but they ran out of time shopping for one more starter or a reliever. They did get a who did they get? They for the Giants, they got multiple relievers. They got Caleb Killian and Brooks Raley.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Lefty, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm happy about a lot of moves today.
Speaker 2: There was a lot.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm the most pissed off about for the whole past week that more teams didn't go for Trek Scoogle.
Speaker 4: I just want I just wonder this, like, how hard were teams really going for him?
Speaker 2: I will never know how hard are teams? How hard did teams really go for him?
Speaker 3: Not hard it?
Speaker 4: Brewer said, we made an offer, But don't you think that they could have just said, hey, man, okay, you know what we really need this guy. We really want this guy.
Speaker 2: Give us we'll get we'll throw it.
Speaker 4: We'll give you one more, We'll give you our twenty ninth prospect to sweeten the deal.
Speaker 3: They didn't believe. They didn't believe. What's part, they didn't believe that he was what they needed whatever team insert whatever team. They did not believe he was what was going to make them better, which I couldn't agree less with.
Speaker 4: Because because there's there's probably one team where he it doesn't make them significantly better Yankees because they're starting rotations cole Freed, Schlitler rode on in the playoffs when they're healthy. I mean honest, I mean not that Scooba wouldn't make them better. But that's like the one team when you look at him, you say say, damn, this is the one dude, That one team that really doesn't need starting pitcher because they also have Warren, right, they have they have a bunch of guys. That was the one team where you're like, okay, I see him not going there.
Speaker 1: And the second team would have been the Dodgers glass now Snell if they but.
Speaker 2: They're always heard and they're always looking for innings.
Speaker 4: I mean, you go Yamamoto, Snell are Yamamoto, Schooble, Snell Glass now Sazaki back in the bullpen.
Speaker 2: That's pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: Sorry the Brows, but Henderson.
Speaker 2: Mazowski too soon.
Speaker 4: No, if that really was the reason why the Brewers didn't do it, then.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, that's the one that pissed me off. And I do feel like the Tigers maybe should have waited until today.
Speaker 4: I'm not in he scheduled to pitch today, So that's why they wanted to get him out, get it done because if because then they would have had to he wouldn't have been able to pitch for his next team for a couple of days. So by doing it Saturday night, they gave that team the opportunity.
Speaker 1: To get his next start, to get this start, which is tomorrow. Yeah for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: I want to see Gosman against the Blue Jays.
Speaker 7: Though, on Thursday is definitely sign me up for that one.
Speaker 1: Is he starting for sure? I know he was.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I mean if he's not starting Thursday, maybe he's starting Friday or Saturday.
Speaker 2: Those are against ye ye.
Speaker 1: Well, tonight invar show against the against the Blue Jays, I was just gonna say, yeah, there's one game I watched tonight. It's Dalton Bar Show against the Blue Jays. All right, well we did it. Should we stay on a little longer?
Speaker 2: No, I gotta get some dinner, man, I'm up, sky.
Speaker 4: I didn't have a snack break, a bathroom break, water break, a body break.
Speaker 2: And I mean it's like, Chris, did you get up? Did you move?
Speaker 3: No chance? Scott taught me. Scott taught me you never get up during a show. That's what he taught me. And I'm gonna listen to my hero. Not all heroes were capes, true.
Speaker 1: I wear a T shirts about Territory shop dot com awesome animated player collection and we have the new School Dodgers shirt for you to ft shirts if you want to give us a little bit of love. Thanks to everyone that was watching, listening all of that. Thanks to everyone behind the scenes, absolute grinders, behind the scenes. I did take two bites of a bar. At one point it was feeling at a little weak, pumps were sweaty. But I'm back.
Speaker 4: Before we go, can I just asked a suple questions, like I'm watching they're doing a breakdown on a certain channel of a certain player and it's exact same.
Speaker 2: It's like they're what they're.
Speaker 3: Doing is the exact same.
Speaker 1: Oh like them.
Speaker 4: You can see what's on the TV like they're doing a breakdown. It's they're drawing lines and it's like, wait, different camera angles different.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, that doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Stop with the breakdowns unless the player is on there explaining here's what I'm thinking. It's way different. Stop with the breakdowns. Stop.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is real quick. I know music's playing, but if you take a screenshot of a play, you could take the screenshot of the player moving into and then take a picture again to be look at the difference here. Yeah, I know that's.
Speaker 4: Different angles from different cameras in different parks too. It has to be the same camera in the same part of the sauce against the same picture at this you know there's.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we ended that way.
Speaker 4: I Digress's tomorrow and every day.
Speaker 1: Sun is still out. Yeah, even on the East Coast. Parlay Boost token any sport could be in your bed MGM app. Go check it out, activate it and apply it with multiple sports. Of course, if you win it, you'll receive extra winings. Gambling problem or concerned, called one eight hundred gambling