Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right. You can buy.
Speaker 2: Your Allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and.
Speaker 2: Your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welc up to Reality the King. It's me Carlos kings the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Oh, rain Drops, it is the end of an era. Where do we begin? As we discussed candy versus departure from the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Now this is shocking news to the world.
Speaker 2: This is breaking news. This is not shocking to me. It's already knew.
Speaker 1: Well, honey, I am the King of reality television, darling, So I knew about these days ago.
Speaker 2: And when I first learned of this, I was definitely surprised. I was surprised that Candy would leave, and I want to set the record strate I can exclusively confirm that Candy was indeed asked back for season sixteen of the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 1: She did not get fired.
Speaker 2: Candy was indeed asked to come back to this upcoming season sixteen, and she did turn it down. Candy one hundred percent walked away from the show.
Speaker 1: She walked away. When I learned that she walked away, I.
Speaker 2: Was surprised because I know how much the show means to her and the check. I mean, listen, it's a good check. I keep telling y'all. Making over two million dollars allegedly for four months of work, sign me up, I honey, I don't even want to be a reality star. I like producing it. I like making people famous. I like making people rich. I like making people be successful. But bitch, you're paying me two million for four months of work. I don't know. I may have to talk about being the African the Dogs honey by, I don't know that's a good coin. So I know that she loves the show and she loves the money, and who could blame her?
Speaker 1: Is a que check.
Speaker 2: So when I learned that she was leaving, I was definitely surprised for those two reasons. But then what I said to myself is you got to give her her props. At least she knew to leave instead of being fired. And there's a lesson in all of this that I want you all to take away. You never want to stay at the party when everyone else went home. And this applies to everybody in the world. You don't have to make two million for four months of work for this to.
Speaker 1: Apply to you.
Speaker 2: This applies to everybody when you are at a place, a marriage, a job, or friendship.
Speaker 1: In this case, let's just stick to the job.
Speaker 2: If you are at a job for a long period of time, it's always best to not be the last one to leave. It's always best to be the one who is not kicked out of the party. Hey Winter, Hey Joy From Love and Matters DC, you always want to be the one to leave the party early. I know what that feels like. When I left Atlanta Housewives after season nine, I knew that I had more to do with my life and my career, and I knew that it was time for me to go, and I wanted to leave on a high, and season nine is arguably top two. Hey, season six number one. Season nine is number two of the best Real Housewives of Atlanta seasons. Argue with the Wall, Season nine is arguably the second best season of the Real Housewives of Atlanta history. Season six is number so I relate to that. Okay, I wanted to leave on a high. I applaud Candy Burris for leaving on the high that she felt it was time for her to go.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: There has been tons of conversations, tons of speculation, tons of posts about whether or not.
Speaker 1: It was time for Candy to go.
Speaker 2: And the reason why I wanted to do this episode solo is because I didn't want people to misread my smiles, my smirks, my stares if I'm talking to another person.
Speaker 1: Carlo's being shady Carlos.
Speaker 2: You know, when Carlos talks about certain people or when he gets certain people to talk about them, he.
Speaker 1: Has a smirk.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to do this episode solo because I wanted you guys to hear from me. Obviously, I was there season two when Candy came on the show and I said this story before, and I say it again. You got to give Candy her props because in two thousand and nine, when she debuted on the Real Housewives of Atlanta, she was the first housewife to have a name a name outside of the city of Atlanta. She obviously comes from a girl group, She obviously won a Grammy, wrote songs. She was definitely a recognizable person. So her coming on the show was a big deal to all of the executives, myself included, in addition to the cast. They felt like, Okay, this may give us some gravatas that you know, the show needed. And she came on and she made her mark, and I don't think people give Candy her props in the sense of Candy has definitely given.
Speaker 1: Us some great personal story.
Speaker 2: You can't discount the fact that when she came on the show her first season, she was then engaged to a man named aj who has since passed away.
Speaker 1: She gave you personal story with that.
Speaker 2: We were first introduced to Mama Joyce and on Bertha and the rest of her family when they were talking about whether or not Candy should be with this person. We saw all of that personal story from her out the gate personal story Galore. Candy was the first person on the Real Housewives franchise to give us.
Speaker 1: Great family drama.
Speaker 2: We were introduced to the olg Ladies her first season, dealing with being engaged to somebody that they didn't think was worthy of Candy's time.
Speaker 1: She gave us that.
Speaker 2: She's the first to give us that, and she's the first to ever produce a hit song that came from a Real Housewife. Don't be Tardy. It's a hit, a iconic song, and for the world, Dun't Be Tardy is legendary.
Speaker 1: She produced it. She gave all of us.
Speaker 2: The first ever iconic song that came out of not only the Real Housewives universe, but also reality television if you really think about it. And she did all that her first season, and I think people sometimes forget about that.
Speaker 1: She came on and then she got into Benini.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stop talking to you right now before I be blowing up on your ass. She gave you an argument with Nini. She gave you family drama. She produced a hit song for Kimsoziak. That's a lot to do your first season. And then when it came to the reunion, is when we all learn prior. Like I want to say, like a week or days prior to the taping of the reunion, her then fiance passed away and she showed up at the reunion. Still, she gave you all of that her first season. So when we have these conversations about Candy's relevancy on the show, I do think sometimes.
Speaker 1: A lot of people miss what she brought out the gate.
Speaker 2: She's not the loudest in the room, she's not the most argumentative, but she had this ability to really give you great personal story where it allowed her to showcase that, and she was always this very interesting peacemaker because all of the girls really did respond well to her, which is why she became one of the fan favorites from the franchise.
Speaker 1: And then after that, you guys know the rest.
Speaker 2: Todd came on, Mama Joyce started being way more integral into the show, and we saw ultimately what happened between her and Phedra. So she was definitely a staple on this show, and I think all of us are. It's a bittersweet thing to see her go again. There were tons of conversation about Candy should go. She's boring, she doesn't bring anything to the show. Ninni Leek said on my podcast that Candy is not the most exciting person to watch. She doesn't think the camera loves her. That's her opinion. There has been conversations about whether or not it was time for Candy to go, and I'm pretty sure Candy has definitely seen those tweets and heard those conversations. I always said that you should always leave on top. I really do believe, in my heart of hearts that it was time for her to go. I said on my podcast as the first season where all of you guys took it and ran with it, and y'all made a big story out of it, y'all, which I was really confused as to why. But my friend and fellow podcaster Kate Casey and I did an episode about the real hospots of Atlanta and we brought up Candy and Kate Ksey felt that it was time for Candy to go. And I remember saying, and I still stand by what I said, because I don't regret anything I said.
Speaker 1: I stand on business. I said that I one day see.
Speaker 2: Candy running a network or having a network, or streaming and winning you know a Tony an Oscar and Emmy. I see her do all those things. And I said that on my podcast, and then I said, I don't see her getting all of those things as long as she's on the show, because the show will always be a distraction to where her future goals are. So I started to tell my belief in terms of I believe this show was holding her back. I believe it was time for her to leave because I know that she has other aspirations and goals. And I got read for saying that, and look what's happening now. She left because she said, and I quote, she got tired of sitting around waiting on the Real Housewives of Atlanta producers to figure out what they were going to do with the show. She said that because she had so much time to really sit and think about her life and what she was going through and fillding all of these offers. When they did come to her with an offer, instead of her negotiating and being like, i'll accept that, I want to accept this, she said, she felt like, I don't want to do this anymore to break because she has so many other things.
Speaker 1: Percolating in her world.
Speaker 2: The same thing I said last year that I got read for filth for, especially by the fans, that I was a hater, and I won her off the show. So the same thing I said last year is happening now.
Speaker 1: One day y'all going to respect my voice.
Speaker 2: I know my voice may not sound the way you want it to sound.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have that much base in it. But baby, there's truth in the voice. If I don't have base in it, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I got truth in this voice. Call me Judge King, Honey, I got truth in his voice.
Speaker 1: So I said all of that to say, that's how you leave.
Speaker 2: When you are a reality star. You have to know when it's time to exit. I literally had a conversation with somebody who will remain nameless, because despite what y'all want to believe, I don't tell people's business when it's private. That's why all the girls talk to me and tell me their personal business, honey, because they not keep it a secret. I just told y'all I knew about Candy not coming back days ago. I didn't say anything because it's not my story to tell. Anyways, I was talking to a reality star recently and I said to her, you need to leave. And I said, I feel like God is telling me it's time for you to go. I know that it's scary to do the unknown. It's scary to walk away from something that is all you know. That's why a lot of people stay at jobs they hate. That's why a lot of people stay in relationships they hate. That's why a lot of people stay in friendships they hate, because they're afraid of the unknown. And as I was talking to this reality star, I promise you all, I felt like God was telling me to speak on his behalf, and I said, it's so sad that you just don't see more for your life than this show. You've been on this show for X amount of years. It's time to just go. And any time you are ever in a situation where you're only staying for money, it's never going to end well. I promise you it's never going to end well.
Speaker 1: That's just the law of life.
Speaker 2: Anytime you stay in a situation for financial gain and you are miserable, you're telling God, I don't trust that you have more for me financially than what I currently see. An I applaud Candy, who has a shitload of money. I applaud her for saying, you know what, maybe it's time I take a break now. She said, A break In my opinion, I think she should leave and never come back to the show because I think there's more for her to do, and I think that show is a huge distraction.
Speaker 1: From the goals that she wants.
Speaker 2: And my hope for her is that the same way she left a top selling group and ultimately found her way writing music and winning a Grammy for writing those scrubs, that's the same God who can take you and show you that there is life after the Real Housewives. And a lot of the reasons why the Real Housewives orbit of reality stars reeks of desperation is because a lot of those women don't.
Speaker 1: See what their life is like without it.
Speaker 2: That's why you see them so desperately trying to do anything to stay on the show, because they don't know what life is like without the show. A lot of them see themselves, and I'm not saying I see them this way.
Speaker 1: A lot of them see themselves.
Speaker 2: As middle aged women who was given a second chance in life. Because you are internationally famous within four months.
Speaker 1: Of the show airing, the entire world knows you, and fame is a drug, and.
Speaker 2: It's hard for them to not get their fix. It's hard for them to not be injected with the drug that pleases them. That's why a lot of them leave their husbands, leave their family, and lose sight on who they are because of the drug of fame.
Speaker 1: And as you watch.
Speaker 2: Candy go through some very challenging times. In my opinion, I felt that Candy should have left seasons ago because I could tell by knowing her that she wasn't into it. You will never be happy when you don't follow God's direction.
Speaker 1: I appreciate people who leave my.
Speaker 2: Shows who's like, I'm good, it ain't for me, lows love, you love your crew. I got to go. I don't beg anyone to stay. I don't beg staff to stay. I don't beg my stars to stay. I've had stars come to me and say I would like to leave, and I say you should go. Then you should never be in any situation that doesn't surface you.
Speaker 1: You should go. You should definitely go.
Speaker 2: I think it's weird that people people think there has to be some dramatic situation to leave. As an executive producer of reality shows, we as executives sometimes know when it's time to have the conversation and the conversation isn't great. I never think it's surprising, though, but the conversation is never great when it's time for someone to leave, especially somebody who's been on the show for so long. Candy's been on the show for fourteen years. That's a very long time, and the show has done wonder for her and her career and her personal life. She met her husband on set, so everything surrounding the show has been a huge benefit to her. So when you are an executive and you feel like it's time for someone to go, there is a conversation to be had. And I think just based on the fact that they did give her a contract showed her that they do value her. At the end of the day, I think it was smart to leave, and I thought it was smart to leave with your head up high and with grace and with dignity. Because Shelle she wants to come back. I strongly believe they will invite her back and that the door isn't.
Speaker 1: Closed on her.
Speaker 2: Now that she is gone, we get to now talk about who's coming back, bitch. Yeah, Okay, So look, all I'm gonna say is this as I go through my text shot because my phone has been blown up all day with people like Carlos, have you heard the news? Are you going to the cloth office? Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. So, now that Candy is not coming back to the Real Housewives of Atlanta Season sixteen, I'm gonna say this, and I don't care what talk.
Speaker 1: Bring Favra back to the show. Please, please, please.
Speaker 2: Bring favor back. Faedra is excellent on Traders. She's excellent on Traders. Faedr is not so excellent American Medicine because she's not meant to be in that show.
Speaker 1: I said it, I said it.
Speaker 2: Be mad at me all you want to you'a were mad at me last year when I say Candy should leave, And these are the reasons why she would leave. Now that she left, y'all like, well, damn, Carlos was right. Faedra is not great on Meriti medicine because that's not her world. It's like me being on a show called Botch and I'm not a plastic surgeon. Why would I go on a show called botch and I don't know how to fix botch surgeries because I'm not a plastic surgeon.
Speaker 1: Why is Faedri here? She doesn't even go to the school.
Speaker 2: Faedr is a formidable talent. She's a great talent. Faedri needs to get off of Meriti Medicine. That show is not for you. You do not fit there, you do not belong there. You don't go to that school. You are a sore thumb. It doesn't make sense. You need to get back on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Fadrin needs to come back to the Real Housewise of Atlanta, and I'm on a Porsche to come back with her. This show will always be my legacy, and I'm about to have a moment, a meltdown, if you will. I am so sick and tired of seeing my legacy tarnished. It's upsetting to me and my homegirls when we talk about the Real Housewalds Atlanta. I was having dinner recently with a black actress who's a friend of mine, and we were just talking about, like, what happened to that show, Carlos, what happened to it? And I'm just like, why are you asking me? And she's like, let's bitch, it's your show. You will always be associated with that show. Sorry, So what we gonna do?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 2: So I sell all that to say that show is my legacy and it will always be my legacy, and I want the show to win. That's the reason why when I interview Kenya, I told y'all for the first time that I was the one who told Kenya, go to Cynthia's party while you're pregnant because you would come back next season. I'm the one who have off the record conversations with some of the girls, not all, with some of the girls, and give them advice on how to keep him pushing, because that's how much I love the show.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of the show being not great. I want the show to win.
Speaker 2: The only thing I'm gonna say to y'all because I'm not gonna give you out the whole cast that I see, because honey, that cost so rain drops. I'm giving y'all the exclusive In order for season sixteen to be great, you at least need Porsche and Phaedra back. Phaedra is having the best year she's had in years, and it's not because of Maritime Medicine. I can tell you that Faedra does not belong a Meriti medicine. It doesn't make sense. It was called stunt casting. It was to get the eyeballs, and that's not what's gonna make That show already been great. It's the best showan Bravo to me, you don't need Faedra to make Meritive Medicine great.
Speaker 1: Mariti Medicine was great before Faedra.
Speaker 2: We call that BP before Phaedra, and it'll be great ap after Phaedra put Faedra back on the show she helped make successful, which is the Real Housewives of Atlanta. She fits that show like the body con dresses. She wears a Mariti Medicine.
Speaker 1: It fits.
Speaker 2: It hugs her curves those body con dresses. Honey, we want to see Apollo. I want to see Porsche's house. I want to see Porsche's Rose Royce, her Bentley, her private play. Simon is looking good. Sorry, Porsche, no shade. Simon looks good, Porsche. I'm sorry, we both have apricants. I'm just saying, Simon looks good. I want to see Simon and Porsche in the bathroom when she's putting on her wig and she got the glue on the forehead and he comes in. I want to see a double date with I'm telling y'all too much that I want to see, I.
Speaker 1: Might as well.
Speaker 2: Just my advice costs a COI, Honey, I'm about to give y'all so much tea about what needs to happen. Porsche is missed on television. It was great seeing her Ultimus Girls trip. I just I want to see Porscha in her hand happiness. I want to see Porsche on the course side seats, Honey at the Hawks game. I'm tired of watching mediocrity on that show.
Speaker 1: I need to see wealth.
Speaker 2: The show is missing wealth y'all have some girls on the show who are declassing the show. Thein't got a coin. We don't watch the Real Housewives of Atlanta to see people attend thecent restaurants that we go to.
Speaker 1: Well, I go to the bus a housewife. I did that category.
Speaker 2: We don't want to see these real housewives, Honey, going to the local bars or going on domestic trips. We need to see the wealth, and Porsche is wealthy. Porsche is wealthy. Porsche hangs out with this crew.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna tell you their names because I would give away who I think should be on the show. But Porsche got some baddies. I want to see Porsche and her, her wealth and her comedy, her her husband, their kids.
Speaker 1: A blended family.
Speaker 2: We need Porsche and Phaedri or the real freaking Frack because apparently I thought Quad and Faedra Americian Medicine. We're going to be freaking Frack part two. But child Faedri left Quad at the airport. It took another flight because she want to be seen with her because she said, Honey, you are seeking ship and I can't be seen on this Titanic.
Speaker 1: Honey, let me catch this other flight.
Speaker 2: Honey, I can't borrow porsche 's PJ, so let me go Delta one.
Speaker 1: Honey. We want to see that. So we would like to.
Speaker 2: See Phaedra and Porscha back on the show. So, Candy, we wish you nothing but the best. We know that we're going to see and hear from you again, and we thank you for your amazing contributions to the Real Housewives of Atlanta fourteen seasons and it's nothing to sneeze at. So I want to dedicate this episode to you and to the amazing work you have given the Real Housewives of Atlanta. And we cannot wait until we see what other legendary things you embark on. Congratulations, happy birthday and many many more to come, and.
Speaker 1: To Portia and Phaedra. Please sign on the dot a line. Thank you for listening to Reality with the Kings.
Speaker 2: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the Kings. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at Deep Carlos King, Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yeah, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment.
Speaker 1: It is produced by Sierra Spragley
Speaker 2: Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby