Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Coveno and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR A hey, oh, has it landed yet?
Speaker 2: How's what landed you? At that bomb that Pee Alonzo hit earlier today?
Speaker 1: Am I right? Let's go back? Cares about him?
Speaker 2: O'tanni just hit his fifth consecutive home run in five days, putting him at thirty seven. So you got Riley at thirty nine. Otani's passed judging out thirty seven. Judge has thirty six. You heard the guy low and fun with the updates to quote the Sandman Adam Sandler.
Speaker 1: Look got add that's Rich Davis. He's on one today. Man.
Speaker 2: We got Danny g on the phone, super producing at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. The fuzzy headed Ninny Muggins iosam on the ones and twoes again. We're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio week be rocking.
Speaker 1: Out Yoh you think I'm on one now?
Speaker 2: On Behalf of the late great Ozzy Osbourne. We still continue honoring him. Crack open a can of coffee. Oh Jesus, does this guy need a can of coffee? I think he snorted coffee beans on the way here. I'm gonna get fired up today. Let's go geese lueish. So it's Wednesday, which means midweek major The biggest stories in sports and pop culture?
Speaker 1: Are they mid week or major stories? We'll get to that.
Speaker 2: I have a question for our video producer Spot before we even get me into mister buzz cut.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's looking good.
Speaker 2: He's looking sharp, mister buzz Cut, Hey, Spot, he's looking sharp like iron mic sharp.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask you a question, hit me. It's a dirt bag question, but I have to ask.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to baseball. We're gonna get to some NFL. The browns are browning? Why are you blindsiding me with it? We're gonna talk about going back to old jobs. A lot of crazy stuff and fun today on you know Rich but Spotsman rocking these glasses that double as like a video camera. Are they the meta ones or which one metaglasses? The metaglass the X ray glasses rich from the eighties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, X ray glasses.
Speaker 2: Than any way, Oh on, Spot's got the metaglasses long crown. You realize they can see you naked in those things. That's by design, yes, But I gotta ask, oh my, do you feel like you need to announce to people that you're wearing them?
Speaker 1: Uh? It depends on what I'm doing with them.
Speaker 2: What if you went into an adult establishment, do you think you need to tell the young lady that, uh, I activated my recording glasses?
Speaker 1: Well, they do.
Speaker 3: You have an indicator on them that let you know or let people know that you're recording. But there are apparently ways to block that out. But I you know, it's a it's a very gray moral ground that you play with.
Speaker 2: You know, when you're on like public transportation, are you're at a ballgamer, You're somewhere and there's someone I don't know, let's be honest, Like an s show a disaster and you try to sneak a picture to send to your friends like a jerk, like y'all look at this drunk person act in.
Speaker 1: A fool, So you try.
Speaker 2: I'm in the sauna and I see some idiot just doing stupids and calisthetics and just yeah, the guy at the gym is doing something ridiculous. You mean those moments, and of course that's the moment where the click sound on your iPhone cameras on or what your flashes on. I just wonder with the metaglasses and that's where the world's going. I wonder, do you need to announce to someone, Hey, by the way, I'm wearing glasses that could be recording us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I saw someone post a sign on like a metagroup or a Reddit group where someone apparently was going around taking photos with their metaglasses and to be on the lookout for them. So I think it's going to become as it gets more more and more popular technology, it's going to become more and more aware in people's pronounce I have to announce that I'm wearing my headlight glass.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, let's say spot were not our video guy. What if he was like a legitimate reporter and he's in the locker room and I don't know, the NBA players junks out and he's just walking around.
Speaker 4: What if he's I'll bet that is actually being done already. I bet that's being done.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, I mean, all of a sudden, scoops Callaghan over here with his metaglasses taking pictures of uh, you know, Jalen Brunson's package.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You have to assume if you see a guy wearing Weezer style glasses for no reason, with no prescription, that that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I just figured I throw it out there because I feel like in the world of locker room and sports, it's gonna be a thing on a non smutty level or controversial level. It's a great way to capture the experience at the ball game or at the concert at the Arena stadium. We were in Atlanta last week for the All Star Game, and spots footage when put to good use, Yeah, was amazing. Yeah did you wear those to Magic City? I'm down, No, I mean footage is a game the new club, I mean Gentleman's established. But well anyway, and by the way, I'm not just kidding. It's like you could see it from his perspective.
Speaker 1: It is pretty incredible. It is amazing. But I digress.
Speaker 2: I just I saw a spot with his rivers Cuomo Weezer glasses And I'm like, at any point he could be recording. And that goes for anyone in any circumstance, So be careful what you say. All right, let's talk some Cleveland Browns, because they love to say, Oh there's the Jets jet and there's the Mets meting. You know, some teams getting their own way. Oh there's the Clippers clipping. There's teams that are a reputation of sort of just are you saying the Browns are browning? The Browns are browning and well literally brown and they got the They're calling them the alpha dog uniforms.
Speaker 1: I'm calling them all doodos. They are had to tell brown all doodoos.
Speaker 2: You say, Well, they unveiled their new alpha dog alternate helmets, big unveiling and it's sponsored by dude wipes. To back up your point, and as they unveil the would you call them again, they're not the alpha dogs, that the all doodoos. As they unveil the all dodos sponsored by Dude Wives, they pull back the orange tarp to unveil all the new giant inflatable helmet by the lake and one of the photographers, I guess, yeah, it is a photographer. It's one of the guys filming this event falls into the lake. What a dingleberry? Did you see it? Like, it's really funny. It's it's so dumb. It's pretty damn funny because mister met just fell off the stage and you know what, all joking aside, It probably will look badass on the field like that all brown matt finished helmet. It will look pretty dope come NFL season. But this photographer that falls in a lake, it gets me thinking of those moments where you take a fall and you know when you try to play it off like it's the old sports jog off. You know when you trip and then you act like you're jogging like you tripping. Then you do oh he or you do a dance move. Yeah, you start breaking it down. Danny G's just doing the windmill. Remember when Matthew Stafford the Rams won the Super Bowl and some woman fell off the stage and he just gave a look like I remember.
Speaker 3: He got Yeah, he got criticized for not helping her. It was out there a Super Bowl parade. She was backing up and she was at the front of the stage and she just fell right off the stage.
Speaker 1: And he was like, Oh, you know.
Speaker 2: What's funnier when you really zoom in on the footage right that we're discussing here again the Browns, only the Browns. They unveil their new alternate helmet, the air all Dudoos, Alpha dogs, whatever you call them, right next to the inflatable helmet that they unveiled, the all brown helmet. It looks like they have the Browns mascot and a dude wipe's mascot right Like, if you look close, it's a dude wipe mascot dancing around and you got some jibbroni film in the whole thing, and he's trying to back up to fit the mascots into the frame. And that's when he falls off the platform into the lake. Like what an ass? Now ruins the whole thing. Yeah, great unveiling. You just stole the whole show, you dork. I mean, listen, I know we've all done something like this in our lives. So this is where I say, be a man, be a woman, call us and let us know your story. He's the biggest loser here, Seriously, the guy in the dude Wipes costume, the brown mascot or the guy that falls in the lake.
Speaker 1: It's hard to figure out how I mean.
Speaker 2: I think we've all had an embarrassing fall. And that's what I want to share now. But you said the guy in the costume. Yeah, because you don't see that unless you look really close. Can you please share with everyone because I know we've been doing our show for years, but for the Fox Sports Radio audience, they might not know when Cavino had a dress up as a mascot at a clothing store.
Speaker 1: Jesus, you gotta make me tell this story out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite. Can we be back on a Wednesday. Yeah, all right, So the answer is I'm the biggest. But again, I was fifteen, so I was like, No, I was probably like seventeen years old, and I was working at a clothes store called the Garage. It's not the one you see at the mall now, but it was a mall store back in the late nineteen hundreds, like Chess King, the Garage, Merry Go Round Express.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I worked at the Garage and I sold levies and men's clothing and Boss Hugo Boss and that kind of stuff. Big Johnson t shirts soon Big Johnson if you qualified. I still have some sos. So I'm there and it was Thanksgiving and I'm a young kid and the boss is like, yeah, you got to put this on.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what I keep in mind? Dude? You know that was the coolest kid going.
Speaker 2: If you think Cavino's arrogant, now think of seventeen year old Jersey Guido.
Speaker 1: I've been I've been humbled.
Speaker 2: Trust that, you know, all state high school star thinks he's awesome telling Caveno to put on the turkey cush.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought I was the man. Hairline and jawline was intact. I'm like, you want me to wear this? And it was a turkey outfit with the striped stockings, the turkey feet, the whole deal, right, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, this is embarrassing. And this store wasn't in a mall.
Speaker 2: It was on the actual highway Route twenty two in New Jersey, like a major, major highway in my hometown. And I had to get out on the highway and hold up like the Thanksgiving Day sale sign like for the whole day. It just so happened. To make it a better story, this is the true story. It just so happened. That was the day my girlfriend and all her hot friends came to visit, like where's Steeve. She brought me cookies and all her hot friends were there, the cheerleaders and everything. And he walk up to the store and I see, dude, I see this happening. I'm like, oh, no, right, and they're there and they're like, where's Steve? And I see the boss pointing at me, like outside in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: They all came out and I had to.
Speaker 2: Take that stupid turkey head off of my you know, that stupid helmet off my head. Shame an embarrassment, and they were just sitting there looking at me, and I felt like the biggest tool bag. But then again, I didn't fall into a lake, so I guess I'm not that bad.
Speaker 1: Well as far as falls.
Speaker 2: I want to take it to sports for a second, Danny, I know you were saying there was a dude as I'm watching some of the Royals Cubs highlights in the background. By the way, most home runs by a Cub through one hundred games. By the way, as a rookie twenty seven. Now, so as a young player, I mean before the age of twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're starting to see some homers light up MLB Otani just hit his for his fifth straight game. A homer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, insane. Someone at the Cubbies, Yeah, just happened.
Speaker 3: Happened Monday night in the outfield right the Cubs been tumbled.
Speaker 1: Into the basket and left field, you.
Speaker 2: Know, in between the wall and the ivy there's that like netting basket, some like a fan basket.
Speaker 1: Dude, that was so embarrassing. They a big fat fish.
Speaker 3: If it was barbed wire.
Speaker 1: Oh so funny.
Speaker 2: I think everybody saw that clip of this giant slug of a man so so desperate for a ball he falls into the netting.
Speaker 1: It was so funny.
Speaker 2: You you happen to be at the Yankees game, Do you guys remember that highlight from maybe ten twenty years ago where the dude falls on the netting above home plate.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was there at that game and they had to pause the game the dude. We're sitting there, me and my buddy Sean, and we see this guy fall like, oh my god, he fell onto the netting over home plate and had a crawl back up.
Speaker 3: And would you have traded places with him it had you not had to wear the turkey outfit.
Speaker 2: And that was scary and the whole game stop to watch this guy. I was at a game once. This had to be late eighties, early nineties. I was at a game once. Spot, you jumped and you caught that extra point? No, no, no, give me to like to tell people that was my dad. Remember the guy that jumped through the uprights and caught the football. That's one of the greatest highlights ever.
Speaker 1: Spot.
Speaker 2: I know you remember this. Come you know you probably did too. Late eighties. I was at a game once.
Speaker 3: Oh, when the guy got mauled by a tiger on the field.
Speaker 1: No, I was.
Speaker 2: I saw a fat woman follow the upper deck onto Reggie Jackson.
Speaker 1: Oh I saw that. Oh you were there at that game. I saw that there, I've seen there. Yeah, and beautiful. Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Was that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: That was naked?
Speaker 2: Gun?
Speaker 1: My bad? Well, hey, it's coming back. It's really booted. I know.
Speaker 2: So are we talking greatest falls or most embarrassing moments? Are they a little above? I mean the Browning The Browns did both today. They unveiled these helmets, you know, cool for them. I like that they're taking chances. They're always trying to rebrand and do something to get that fan base excited. It's a tough division. He got the Ravens, he got you're not a big fan of Brownie the Elf. You got Joe Burrow and the Bengals who are going to, you know, come on strong this year.
Speaker 1: And of course in that same.
Speaker 2: Division you got Aaron Rodgers now trying to make some noise with the Steelers. So the Browns in my mind like the odd man out because they have like a five person deep quarterback. We don't know what the future of DeShawn Watson is u Shadoor Sanders, Like, there's so many question marks in Cleveland that I feel like, you know, you're trying to hype up the crowd. This is a bad omen. There's a bad omen to that uniform. You know, the dumb ass falls into the water. It's not a good sign of things to come. You know, I had a really bad As you get older, and by no means am I old, But as you get older you're grown. Yeah, I'm grown. These falls become a little scarier. They could set you back a little bit. The other day, it was about I'd say it was about three months ago. Maybe I was at a park walking the dog. I wasn't doing yoyo tricks like you, Sam. I was actually walking my dog walking. I'm not a dunkin champion like Sam. I was walking my dog, the dog Theo, and I was on my phone at the same time. Big mistake. So I think I got it. He's a little dog and he just jets toward a group of squirrels and birds whatever was going on there. But he yet it's like full force, and I thought I had like enough slack, But however fast he was running. He pulled it right out of my fingers and he was running toward the street, a busy street here in Los Angeles, and I saw his little doggy life flash before my eyes, like, oh my god, I lost him on the leash.
Speaker 1: Well and girlfriend would have done to you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I saw all of this happen and play out in the matter of a split set sprint.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I it was like a cartoon, you know, in a cartoon where your legs move but you don't go anywhere. I dreaded that, and I fell, and I fell so hard. But I tripped over like the root of a tree or something. Either that or it's like my feet really were like cinderblocks in the moment, I fell so hard on my knees.
Speaker 1: Man, I was in pain for like a good week after that.
Speaker 2: But that was recently, and it was out of pure panic because my body wouldn't move as fast as I I wanted to in that moment, as fast as my mindset. I had to to save the dog's life. And embarrassing enough, there.
Speaker 1: Was a woman. They're looking at me like, are you okay? COVID? Is this you after you fell? I've fallen and I can get up. How did you get that audio?
Speaker 3: I was hiding in the tree, But seriously, it was so embarrassing you didn't they know My knees were all cut up, like when you were a little kid and you fell racing a friend and the pavement.
Speaker 2: That's how it was. It happened to me recently. You have a little pieces of pavement in your palms.
Speaker 1: My hands were a dog. The dog was safe. But I think we've all but my knees were not.
Speaker 2: We've all had an embarrassing fall because we've been on our phones or we were not paying attention.
Speaker 1: You might have walked into a street, walked into a fountain. You've seen those videos, so The best are these. You know, woman on her phone, she walks right into a fountain. I'll be honest, falls right in.
Speaker 2: I just laugh when it's a woman sometimes, I know, say like what do you?
Speaker 3: People on their phones walking is just a dangerous proposition, especially.
Speaker 2: Walking, especially if it's like a rich woman with a bunch of shopping bags at the mall and then falls.
Speaker 1: Into a fountain. That's the best.
Speaker 2: You ever see someone walk across the street and they walk into empty like an open man hole, just full right in.
Speaker 1: That happens. I think there's they're supposed to have those like guarded. Isn't that a bar? You used to go to New York City?
Speaker 2: The manhole man hold the open man hole prices on Thursday. I'm pretty sure it is. It's hard to explain, but Rich and I did the same thing outside of Fox Sports Radio here in Sherman Oaks, California.
Speaker 1: You have to picture this.
Speaker 2: They have all these trees outside of the building, and I think they've removed one of the trees or plants or whatever, and they left this big, giant open hole.
Speaker 1: And they're usually gated.
Speaker 2: They put like this gate sort of grill over them sometimes and for whatever reason there was nothing there, and both of us, at separate times, we're walking looking at our phones and we stepped right in a good like three feet dude almost broke our next. Seriously, it was so dangerous that we could have honestly caused the problem for the city. Because it was so bad, they eventually covered them up out front. But there was a big giant hole and if you were if you weren't looking, you were full on right in.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna sue, Yeah, nothing you ever see.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's probably a fake video, but we've all seen those videos where like at a wedding or an event, someone doesn't realize they're walking close to like a pool and like some older woman will well just you know, be not looking where she's going. Half the footsteps on and into the pool. And yep, so again that happened as the Browns unveiled their new all brown Alpha dog helmets. The guy ruined the whole Honestly, it makes the moment like a mockery. It makes a joke of the moment. It ruins the moment you falls into the lake and you see the dude white mascot, Everyone's like, oh.
Speaker 3: Our two year old ka he ran into the sliding glass door the other day. I cleaned it a few days ago Windecks, and I have an excuse now to not clean that ever again. It was too clean.
Speaker 2: Rich did that in front of a celebrity. You want to tell that story embarrassing omens because you're not looking where you're going. We were at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel and it's it's not even like a celebrity of a big note, but we Oh really, I think I'll tweet her right now and tell her you said that. We saw Sarah Silverman and it was a cool moment only because she remembered us. She's like, cad you not Rich, like she happened to be on our show recently, and I was like, oh my gosh, she remembered us. We small talked and I was like, I good seeing you. I turned around as the glass sliding doors were closing and Danny like, I'm telling you my face oil the imprint was on the glass. And then you know, I'm happy I didn't break the door. That happened to me. And by the way, as we rag on the Browns a little bit with the Doodoo brown all uniform and the guy falling.
Speaker 1: In the lake.
Speaker 2: You almost have to take two and like, maybe not use these helmets this season. I mean I could have maybe thought of this, but I just looked it up. Do you know they have according to most gambling sites at mgm our friends, at DraftKings, fan Duel, everywhere in Vegas, they have the current lowest win total over under in the NFL. So they're looking like, do you have more quarterback options or more wins? It's a great question. What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: That is a good question.
Speaker 2: It's a great question, Steve, because the answer is more quarterback options. Vegas has them at four and a half wins over under.
Speaker 3: Wow, they.
Speaker 2: Quarterback options and Vegas is predicting wins. So that's pathetic. As of right now, Vegas is saying, are they going to go four and thirteen? They need to five? Who do so your thoughts, embarrassing moments, if you want to share. We just thought it was a funny way for the Browns to sort of break in the twenty twenty five. Well, hey, by the way, you think we're all being due right now because everybody does it for the gram and looks for ways to go viral.
Speaker 1: We are talking about it. Oh you think they set it?
Speaker 2: I mean it's not impossible, right. It's like the what was that play that the Lions ran?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a stumblebum Yeah, where Jared Goff pretended like he slipped in this.
Speaker 2: Stumble bump and they did it and everyone thought like, oh man, look Jared Goff almost fell.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, yeah, took the linebacker's eyes off.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, they'll stumblebum See maybe you were all being stumble bummed and they're just trying to go viral. You know, I wouldn't put it past. It's how you make a memorable moment. Otherwise who would care? No, it makes me mad when some young as clown on TikTok or Instagram will say something or mispronounced something purposefully just because they know they'll get engagement, because they had hundreds of comments of people say this so worse. This might have been drawn up in the border, like Harry, this is how we do it, Johnson, We got the dude white mask ot there. I know this guy he falls into the lake and everybody's talking about it. That's marketing, maybe marketing gold and we all just got do It's.
Speaker 1: Possible they're going to pass office.
Speaker 3: This organic moment is embarrassing falling into the water, but it's actually stage.
Speaker 2: That's how you do it, Johnson, That's how you do it. Man, that's so weak. I hope, I hope.
Speaker 1: We're just floating that out there. That's what it is. That's just the theory, floating it out there. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I was saying, all right, hey, we got more Kvin on Rich, you gonna have a fun one today. We're gonna talk about fighting for foul balls. I have a story I gotta run by you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about going back to the old workplace, Dame Lillard style. We got midweek major Hill Style, Rich Rich Hill Style as well. My goodness, so all coming up. Lots of fun today. Covino on Rich right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw us in Atlanta, but Rich and I were rocking the MLB Collection. It's the only time Rich is ever rocking, to be honest, when he's rocking that sweet Mets shirt.
Speaker 1: But they have the MLB Collection, the Cloud Collection.
Speaker 2: They have those pontelonas that Rich can't stop talking about because they're that nice. The fly weight jeans, I meanweight pants. I got everything at Travismathew dot com. I think I speak on behalf of most grown men when I say you don't have ten twenty pairs of panchu are you get a couple of good pair of jeans and they're at a pretty heavy rotation. Sorry, I said Flyway as if this is a boxing segment weight Flyway, bro, but another weight. I think I speak up. You have most people and say you get a good pair of jeans, you rotate only a few. No one's rotating new genes every day. So these featherweight jeans from Travis Matthew are so comfortable, they look great, they fit great, and I know you'll love them too, So give it a shot. In fact, go to Travismathew dot com right now. Receive twenty percent of your first order when you sign up for the email. It's really easy. Guys like Kevino said, they got polos, they got T shirts. They could be your first layer or only layer. They look fantastic. And of course if you want those shoes that they're not quite sneakers, not quite shoes, those in between ers, they got.
Speaker 1: Those as well. The hybrids.
Speaker 2: I got a sweet like o'lllive green Pear. They got the nicest stuff. You can't go wrong at Travis Matthew and you can receive twenty percent off your first order now when you sign up for email. Thanks again at Travis Matthew dot com. Ooh Iowa, sam Ooh with the mud Vein, a lethal dose of mud Vein. They're celebrating twenty five years by the way, in November. And guess where the tour kicks off in Iowa? Really with static X is it not fest No, make sure to send an anniversary card on my behf I will I love me some Chadniss and mud Vein trying to give you a little boost into your hump day again. Danny g is on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox Welcome to the radio musical known throughout the land as Coveno Enrich, the world famousy you are got Low and chron on standby with the updates and your videos on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. Hi and of course at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. Shout out to the iHeartRadio app and all the affiliates. Thank you guys for hanging out with us, and if you missed our shows last week from All Star break in for Dan Patrick. Catch it on the podcast search Covino and Rich wherever you stream. And speaking of Phillins, we're like fill in Frank. Apparently we're filling in for Cowherd next Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Stars attract stars.
Speaker 2: So we have lots to get to Midweek Major giving away some prizes Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom. We got these embarrassing moments for the Browns falling into a lake and failing their new helmets. But do you want to talk about this fighting for the foul ball thing you've been I do, But I want to say hi to people chiming in. Let's start with Jesse and Indiana. Hey, Jesse, what up?
Speaker 1: Jess?
Speaker 6: What guys? How's it going?
Speaker 1: We're good man. What's your embarrassing story?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like, while we could mock this, you know, photographer for falling into lake, I think we've all taken a spell.
Speaker 1: You try to play it off, but it happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So my my uh story goes back to when I was in eighth grade. I was doing marching band and I had a spot where I had to basically run across the football field, and right at the fifty yard line, I tripped myself up and fell right in front of a big crowd of people.
Speaker 2: Man, that was like double embarrassing because then the number one year in the march and tuba fell on his head. Number one year the marching band, Number two, you fell, and then the tuba fell in your head.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: We all marched our way somewhere. Yeah, I did that just to make my mom proud. For way too long, steven before, I remember my mom, Oh my god, marching playing the trumpet like a goober.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see the video of the guy for the Ohio State Marching Band a few years ago running out of the tunnelly trips and just biffs it hard. Yeah, yeah, I say I have that story. I was saying, have you played instrument as a kid, Oh, yeah, piano. I played guitar, a little bit, some percussion. Oh sang in the choir.
Speaker 2: See there was a choice we all had to make back in the day. You had a say goodbye to the old trumpet. Or as Rich played third clarinet first of all or ice sports. And I was like, all right, you know, trumpet's cool and all, but I'd rather play some sports.
Speaker 1: Disagree.
Speaker 2: I continued doing both because I I was not gonna let I want to play football and what suit up and then put this goofy water buffalo head on. I was not going to let someone force me into a decision. I could do both. The Renaissance man, you can't play football and be in the marching band. I was in the high school play while I'm pitching in high school.
Speaker 1: You literally cannot be in the marching band and play football. It's fit. That's what I'm saying. It's not possible. I want to accepted. Travis uh Oh, I forgot Rich was the first two sport athletes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was yeah, marching band in baseball. He was the grand Marshal of the Nerd Parade and he play football.
Speaker 3: Do you pull out your pocket piccolo on the sideline to start soloing for your teammates?
Speaker 2: I played the alto saxophone. Did you play an intriment energy? Were you a music gus?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I always found it interesting that we all sweat musicians, but people would make fun of Ben there. I'm like Danny Gus was the base in the Acapella. He was in Rockapella.
Speaker 3: I played the drums.
Speaker 1: I can see that. Danny was like, no, but see the thing was we air base. It was.
Speaker 3: It was cool in middle school, but then to go into high school you stop because you'd have to join the marching band. So seventh eighth, sixth, seventh, eighth grade I played the drums, and then ninth grade, I'm like, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Isaac. Did your love of weird al lead you to the accordion or.
Speaker 1: No, unbelievable? Did you play an inch though?
Speaker 4: Oh I was a jock. Actually the true story. When I was in high school, I was already announcing. So I was announcing for all of our teams in high school.
Speaker 1: But you played sports too. I played sports before that.
Speaker 3: But mister microphone and the bleachers doesn't count.
Speaker 4: Well no, no, no, I well that was different, a different connotation. I was actually wearing a protective cup as I was in my high school. Was famous for contributions to the performing arts. Will Ferrell Saturday Night Live went to my high school, University High School in Irvine, and also Nassim pedrod Well also later was on Saturday Night Live. Was a classmate of.
Speaker 2: They always had that The Three Comedy, The Three comedy genus Isaac Lowe cots will different for different reasons. That's cool man, by the thanks for sharing the story. Look what you started now, you know what. I have a question I want to talk about. It has to do with foul balls. But I do want to say, if you're a baseball fan like we are, my met's already won today tonight, it's gonna be a great game. I know it's July baseball and you might roll your eyes dog days of summer. But Bassett versus Free tonight Yankees at Blue Jays. I know we still have two months of baseball, but that's a big matchup because the Yankees are trying to call back into the Al East lead and.
Speaker 1: They'll be making moves soon. Like yeah, every game counts, but you're gonna be able to watch that. It's gonna be on Prime though I got Prime. I don't know if he does. He's a cheap skate.
Speaker 2: Kevino is the guy that will watch a show he likes and then cancel it. You'll give him his password though, I'm sure never. But it does look like a good matchup tonight. So Freed, Max Freed Chris Bassett both pictures with double digit wins. Let's given me a good one. So if you're a base jan good man, they're good. They're the real deal. All right, Well, let me tell you about a baseball story real quick, and then we'll get to football and some other stuff. But I'm at my first Mets game with my kids, and it was so cool to see how interested they were. We got great see first game at city Field. At Cityfield, and by the way, my family, the street continues if you care at all, we are now oh and six at Mets games, oh and six as a family.
Speaker 1: My kids are like, did they ever win that?
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, just when we're not here. So if you want, you can go to at Rich Davis. I posted a little video of my kids and our first trip to city Field, which was awesome. I love City Field. One of the best ballparks in all baseball. I think it's top five. Now, you know, when an inning's over, let's say ground ball to Shore Lindor to Alonso, third out. Then you know your first basement might toss the ball to the second baseman, who then might toss it to the third base. When a shorts up and as they're going to the first base dugout, they'll do a toss into the crowd of that ball. Now, my wife must have been getting a hot dog or frenchise with my kid or something. So she's walking down the staircase to our seat, and she had that feeling that you described the other day at the home run derby, where the ball is coming right at you and you see it in the air maturely in the ball and everything else fades away. It's getting bigger and bigger as it's my seeing the laces turn real fast in the night sky. My wife reaches up her hand and she's like, the ball isn't gonna come to me. Oh my god, this is crazy. As the ball is about to hit my wife's fingertip, she says she As she feels the ball about like touching her fingertips, multiple grown men around her knock her hat off her head. My son falls out of her arms, and my wife gets body checked by like four grown ups.
Speaker 1: And I had to explain to my wife that well as.
Speaker 2: And for the record, Rich's wife is a good looking woman, Like what kind of goonbergers are knocking over a beautiful lady? She's not like built like a how you would think that they would have given her like the beautiful woman courtesy of like, oh no, he Sam, I'll let my wife know. You don't think she's a brick house.
Speaker 3: I mean she's mighty mate. Suddenly she's the third bushwhacker. So that's how you guys were all pushing each other around Derby.
Speaker 2: I had to explain to my wife because she was like not disgusted, but she's like, how embarrassing? And I go, yeah, babe, But at a ball park it's weird. Is it safe to say that? Like there are no rules and people become savages. That's loser, savage behave. I'm sorry, it's always women and children, right if your boat is going down and if the foul ball is coming away. As much as I want to found ball, I think I'm not going to jump be the jo that jumps in front of a little kid or a woman to steal that and like like physically, if it's thrown to me, I might want to keep it and not give it away because I never got well, but I'm not gonna you know, check body check a little kid or a woman for that moment. That's just a loser. Yeah, the dude that hid into my excuse. The dude that hit into my wife the hardest was a guy double my size. The guy looked like Ray Lewis in a metstress. That's embarrassing, six or five big dude, and he ends up scrambled around picking up the ball. In fact, I had my hand on it. I tried to I ran to where it was. He picks up this ball and the girl he was on a date with. You know how kids you'll love to use the term ick. My wife said. His date looked disgusted by him because.
Speaker 1: It's like just crow man, Yeah, off a woman, a child.
Speaker 2: My son was all like, I wanted that ball and it just just remember it's a free for all. But if you're on a date, you could look like a complete clown to the woman you're with. And I think catching the ball is the fun of it. Once you catch the ball, give it to a kid fighting for a found ball. Your thoughts on this. I don't think there's any excuses. I don't think it's a free for all. You gotta have some etiquette. Well yeah, exactly right. Well let's go to Isaac for an update. Isaac Loewen Crown Isaac.
Speaker 4: From Foul Balls to home Run Ball Show. Hey Otani homered in his fifth consecutive game today for the Dodgers. They remain tied with the Minnesota Twins one to one top of the seventh detic a Dodger Stadium. Otani now leads the National League with thirty seven, two behind Seattle's Cal Rawley for the major league lead. Speaking of Seattle, right now, they trailed at home to the Milwaukee Brewers ten to two in the bottom of the eighth inning, the Brewers with seventeen hits on the day. Earlier, the New York Mets defeated Bagels six to three, sweeping their three game series because Rich wasn't there. Pete Alonzo runs is twenty second of the season. Mike Trout a home run in a losing cause. When we've said that a lot over the years. He now has three hundred and ninety six career home runs nine hundred and ninety nine RBI for his career. The Mets shortstop starting All Star Francisco Lindor finally broke his streak like under the radar because it overlapped the All Star break. Huh, I believe he was oh for thirty three wow before he hit two singles today in a couple of ribees. But man, when superstars get cold, it's hard for a.
Speaker 1: Team to win.
Speaker 4: Speaking of breaking streaks, Justin Verlanders started the year oh and eight on the mound, but he got his first win of the season today in the Francisco Giants nine to three victory at Atlanta that included two home runs by Rafael Devers. NFL media reported Arizona Cardinal's first round rookie defensive lineman Walter Nolan the third, sustained a calf injury today that will likely knock him out for most all of training. Camp finally fellas a new article came out about the tenure of Lloyd Howe, the recently resigned executive director of the NFL Players Association. The article, reported by journalist Don Vanatta Junior and Kaylin Kohler, reported the following quote. Howe ordered the Union Facilities department in Washington, d C. To merge two spaces in the parking garage to avoid dor dings on his Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and Howell also asked workers to change the number of the two parking spaces, spaces ten and eleven to thirty two as an homage to the jersey number worn by Hey O J. Simpson.
Speaker 1: Back to you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, totally normal behavior there. Yeah, absolutely, thank you, Isaac. Now we got more coming up. We're gonna get to Mike's words of wisdom, giveaway prize. Spot's got midweek major a lot coming up a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Covino on Rich, hang tight.
Speaker 2: Move Rich, your head's in the way. Head's in the way. Rich, your head's in the way, move Rich rhymes, Thanks, Sam Coveno and Rich. Rich hast get it. He's the noogging boss of the show.
Speaker 1: And oh no, rich head, Rich's wife look out. Actually I did a parody of that years ago. It was it was.
Speaker 2: Oh no, lights out, Rich's head knocked the ball out?
Speaker 1: True move Rich, your head's in the way.
Speaker 2: Rich is so whack. I'm for real, something's wrong. He can't stand still. It was a whole thing anyway. Cavino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio and his time for our tire rack play of the Day. That special looked like Danny g pulled a clip from both of our teams. First, the Yankees won a close one versus the Jay's first pitch.
Speaker 1: To Rice swung on a high fly ball. Dig bright simp give it up, but and his burgerre that game is a five four lead for the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Is Ben Rice turns one around and then the Mets pull out a close one against the Angels yesterday and again today won.
Speaker 5: An o to Nemo with a pitch swing on a line of towrts left center over comes a downy won't get it, that's a base hip. Here comes mo Ratio around third. Hay score standing with a go ahead run on it first with an RBI single as Brendan Nemo the mixer leading by a store of three to two.
Speaker 1: Thanks how he rose? Yeah whatever? Neimo's week ass single.
Speaker 2: Ben Rice HiT's bomb, dude he teed off on that. That's courtesy of the Yankees Radio Network and the Mets Radio Network. And those were our tire Iraq plays of the day. For over forty years, Tiraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by a free road hazard protection ship fast and free like you said, convenient installation options tireraq dot com the way tire buying should be. Now, let's take two quick phone calls, and then we move on to Mike Swartz Wisdom Midweek Major A lot coming up? Say how to Doug in Ohio?
Speaker 1: Doug, what's up? What's up?
Speaker 6: Doug with Hey?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, Rich, I feel sorry for your family always seeing the Mets lose. But I wondering if he wanted to break that Rich family Mets curse, would you be willing to take the family there and cheer for the other team?
Speaker 1: That might be what it takes.
Speaker 2: You know, my son is five and for some reason, he's like he thinks the coolest player other than Polar Bear, Peede and Lindor. He likes Tatist Junior Tattis. So I don't know, maybe maybe you go to a Mets Padres game try to break the uh break the curse. I don't know, We'll see, but yeah, oh and six is a family not good?
Speaker 1: Uh? Trey in Mississippi? What's up? Brother?
Speaker 2: Hey man? This is for Rich mostly, but I kind of want to ask you guys a quick question.
Speaker 6: After Noah Cindegard did a bit with Joe from in Practical Jokers about stealing balls from people. You need to check that out on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I love those guys. I love Cyndergarden and Joe and those guys are great. I've seen that.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I wanted to ask all this.
Speaker 2: You know, from Mississippi, we normally tell onto whatever professional teams are close by, whatever.
Speaker 6: But you guys are bout from New York? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm from New Jersey. We worked in New York.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: I think you could have got the question in. I don't think you know. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think we're destined for I think you doubted Trey. Well, hold on, Trey, we're going you totally doubted him. Well, we're gonna find out the mysterious question. Trey wants to know. You're both in New York, aren't showing up?
Speaker 3: R F S R