Speaker 1: All right, you found out your brand new Second Date podcast starts right now.
Speaker 2: It's Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning, the home of the Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: But before we get to it, lots of reactions Yesterday's Awkward Tuesday, and uh, a lot of disappointment in our own Alexis.
Speaker 3: I know, you never know how many people listen till you do something wrong. Yeah, and then they own comments. Yeah, you owe everyone in apology.
Speaker 2: I do what happened.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, guys, honestly I don't know, but half the awkward cut off at the end. Okay, I'm saying I don't know, like I don't know how, but I fixed it. But a lot of you guys did go crazy when it did cut off mid call, which I understand, and I do appreciate the one or two people who specifically called me out in the comments. What happened?
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, she may have gotten into one or two of her white claws that are sitting at her desk.
Speaker 3: Maybe, so I'm gonna triple quadruple check from now on.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I should have done that in the first place, but you know, you learn.
Speaker 5: You should anytime people make mistakes. You get more traction, more people.
Speaker 6: No such thing as bad jo.
Speaker 5: Listen to the podcast. Maybe it's not all uploaded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, try to find the end.
Speaker 3: You hear part two of the Second Date I don't know.
Speaker 1: And if you didn't get the whole awkward go back listen to it tomorrow's because it is fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get today's breanding. Second Date updates started.
Speaker 6: Second Date update. This is not a new thing. It's a broken Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: We've been doing this segment for a long time.
Speaker 6: Jeff Well, not a segment. I mean, it's not new that we've talked about. When you're more than five to ten minutes late to a first date, I think we can all agree at least a text is needed to give them an update.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, what minutes?
Speaker 2: I even think five?
Speaker 5: Five?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Five?
Speaker 3: Sitting there alone feels like a long.
Speaker 6: But the thing is, what do you say to keep it light and fun?
Speaker 7: Still?
Speaker 6: Do you go with like a sorry I'm late. I just needed some extra time to emotionally prepare myself for how hot you are?
Speaker 2: Did that take you five minutes to come up with? And I feel like you're standing on the door just walking.
Speaker 6: I mean, use the wasted time the right way, or do you go with my personal favorite, sorry I'm late. My pants were fighting me and frankly they lost what because you know what?
Speaker 2: Pants?
Speaker 6: Exactly? Keep it mysterious and flirting so that she's wondering the whole time.
Speaker 5: Regretfully have them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that. I'm glad we're not doing textual healing right now.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 6: The reason that I bring it all up, all this lateness is because our buddy Kyle says he was late for his date the other day, and I want to know what he texted to her. Kyle, what was your line when you were late?
Speaker 8: I didn't really have a line. I kind of was just like, hey, sorry, I'm gonna late.
Speaker 3: That's solid.
Speaker 6: I don't want to use the fighting pants line the next time, because I would like to use it.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't like a lot of community apparently.
Speaker 4: But also, if you think about it, you don't want to make a big deal.
Speaker 5: You're already late. You want to make it quick.
Speaker 2: I'll be right there, are breaking this up.
Speaker 6: You're done with questions, question questions for you? Tell us about your date? Oh, what was this lady's name that you met?
Speaker 7: The other day. So her name is Ashley.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I would ask where you met her, but I apparently am just really upse good.
Speaker 6: That's a terrible question. Go back to the date, Kyle.
Speaker 7: So I kind of introduced her through some mutual friends.
Speaker 8: I met her, Yet this is going to be our first time.
Speaker 2: Meeting, so it's like an old fashioned blind date.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we were supposed to go to dinner and then you know, maybe it's like a movie. We didn't really have a clear plan. But it was Friday night and traffic was extremely bad.
Speaker 2: But wait, she devoted a Friday night date to you. That is already a good side.
Speaker 6: Wait, why is Friday a good sign.
Speaker 3: You don't give up weekend nights.
Speaker 6: For Friday is a weekend?
Speaker 5: No, Well, if it's a Tuesday afternoon date, Jeff, it's.
Speaker 6: Not hot, gotcha. So Friday night you're saying traffic on the way was terrible.
Speaker 8: You know how some people when they get nervous, they like shake their knee like they're like bumping it.
Speaker 7: Up and down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was doing that a lot, to the point where my shoe came off while I was driving, Like I was extremely nervous.
Speaker 2: Panic attack while you were driving in a shoe came off.
Speaker 7: I was freaking out.
Speaker 8: I didn't I didn't want to be late, so I had to pull over to fix it. But when I pulled over, I guess my car was sticking.
Speaker 7: Out in the road too much.
Speaker 8: And this guy that was talking at me, and you know, I'm not the most patient person, so we got into a little bit of I would call it a little bit of road range.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is all before you arrived to the date. This is explaining, this.
Speaker 1: Is all leading up to the date why we're not in a good mindset.
Speaker 2: My friend, you're a road rage guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm I'm a road rage guys. The point where I galloped the car on, screaming, but you know, like I'm yelling, I'm lifting up my shoe, being like, hey, all I'm trying to do is pull this.
Speaker 6: All I'm trying to pay that now looks like you're threatening the other time.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm really glad all you said your date was sorry I'm late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any more explanation of what just went down could have been a red fla.
Speaker 7: I'm trying, Okay, I'm trying. I'm really sort that's why.
Speaker 8: I tried to keep it simple, but I was getting close to the restaurant and I realized that my breath though I had a little bit of garlic for lunch.
Speaker 1: So wait, now you have stinky breath. You're late, and you were just in a road range incident.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it had been a very long, long day.
Speaker 6: His date doesn't know any of that.
Speaker 1: Well, I understand. I'm just thinking of his mental state. Walking into the restaurant seems great.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking dishoveled.
Speaker 2: Did you stop to get gum?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So I told her that I stopped at the drug store to get something. I didn't tell it was dumb.
Speaker 7: I didn't want her to know.
Speaker 6: Oh, she probably thinks you're stopping to get prophylactics for the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking something worse, like an antibiotic for oh.
Speaker 7: Oh. Yeah. No, I didn't tell her, but I let her know.
Speaker 8: So I got there around like twenty five to thirty minutes late.
Speaker 5: Oh too.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like you're doing errands instead.
Speaker 5: You say, I'm stopping at the store.
Speaker 2: Yeap, What was it like?
Speaker 7: You could tell that she was a little annoyed, And I understand that because I would be too, but you know, I apologize. She eventually kind of.
Speaker 8: Just like rolled her eyes, made a joke about it, and we moved on.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so it sounds like things are getting back on track.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean I ordered those both doubles when we got there because we both had a rough day.
Speaker 7: Everything seemed like it was gonna be okay.
Speaker 8: But as dinner started ending, like I started realizing, like she definitely brought up going back to her place anymore, and we.
Speaker 7: Talked about that a lot in the text, so I was like, oh, you tried to hint at it a little bit.
Speaker 8: I had a couple of drinks, so you know, I wasn't like in my best date of mind, so I tried to hint at it. I was like, wow, you know, it's so early, we could go and do whatever.
Speaker 6: Trying to get her to take the lead to be like, oh let's do movies now.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah exactly. I was like, I'll you we could like go back to your place and watch a movie.
Speaker 5: This is why you plan Friday night meals. Last Friday night date was like, we'll have the date and if things go well, then maybe we can hang out after two because.
Speaker 7: It's Friday exactly. Man, we had that whole conversation.
Speaker 8: Everything seemed like it was leading to that point, and then she hits me with, Oh, you know, I'm a school teacher, so I have to grade capers.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Friday night, late night paper graded after a couple of drinks.
Speaker 5: Did you believe that?
Speaker 7: No, yeah, it is a Friday night.
Speaker 8: You are here with me getting drinks on a Friday night. There's no way you're gonna go home and go Yeah, you know, I'm just gonna grade some of you.
Speaker 5: I'm just pretty funking before the real party starts.
Speaker 6: Rainy night. You're not a dedicated school teacher, though, are you?
Speaker 1: Like you're actually care I'm wondering if she decided before she even saw you, just because you're half an hour late.
Speaker 2: You come in, you do a bunch of apologies.
Speaker 6: Like shoe, you order a double shot the second. I don't know why she wouldn't want to go out.
Speaker 2: I just wondering if she didn't give you the chance that maybe you were hoping for.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, and I mean again, like I understand, but I feel like I tried my best to like bring the conversation back on conversations there weren't weren't bad, Like it seems like everything was going well.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but when you're that late, you're starting in the hole.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The good news is we live in that hole, so we can help. We know all the ways to get out of it. We're gonna try and help you. We're gonna call, We're gonna try and get you your second date update with Ashley right after this. Hold on second date update if you're just joining us for the second date update. We've been talking to Kyle, and here's the unfortunate thing that happened to him, without any fault of his own. He was late. Yeah, I mean I would really like a bunch of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, like the shoe came off because he was nervous and he couldn't control, and that he.
Speaker 2: Got in a fight with the guy.
Speaker 6: A few people in our studio do assume that he walked in looking disheveled and bloody and angry and immediately ordered himself a double shot.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he got bloody either, Like 'm bloody how.
Speaker 6: So it's not a great look. But let's remember he did order her a double shot too. Yeah, let's give him a little bit of credit.
Speaker 2: It was a double shot. I thought it was just a double dream.
Speaker 1: It is so impressive come with shot glasses compared to coming with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fair point. You guys are right. But apparently there was some texting before the date about possibly hanging out afterwards, maybe even to watch a movie at her place, which is something that she never brought up. So was she turned off by his lateness or was it something else. That's our job to figure out and do whatever we can to help Kyle get another hangout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never even heard Kyle. Have you talked to her since the date?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, No I haven't. I've been trying to get it. Yeah, so I had, I had reached out. I didn't hear anything.
Speaker 8: So so my friends said, had asked, how did they go?
Speaker 7: I kind of told them what happened, if they could, like see if they could do any digging for me, And I never really heard anything back.
Speaker 6: Man, you never talk to your friends about your dating life.
Speaker 2: You set them up.
Speaker 6: No, always come to us first. We'll give you an honest opinion whether or not you're gonna like it at all.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's still grading papers, it's just been a really busy.
Speaker 5: You don't want her because she's boring.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's a great teacher, boring exactly.
Speaker 6: So let's just call her. We'll see if she picks up and hopefully has some answers for us. But I'm going to dial her number right now. It's Ashley, right, yeah, okay, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 6: Hi is this Ashley?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How you doing today? Who is this? Is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Your favorite students.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 6: No, you're on the radio right now. We're Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're doing a segment called a second Date Update.
Speaker 2: I wish it was that Teacher of the Year segment that we.
Speaker 9: Do, but okay, yeah, alright, so what is it?
Speaker 6: See? This is a dating segment where we try to help out our listeners who have gone out with somebody and afterwards, if they're not getting a call back, we try to help figure out the reason why. Okay, and you, according to our sources, went out with one of our listeners named Kyle recently.
Speaker 2: Our source is Kyle. Just so you know, well, don't give away.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what about it?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, Kyle had some really nice things to say about you and about your date.
Speaker 9: That's surprising.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, it's surprising that he enjoyed it.
Speaker 9: He was talking about me and not himself.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Because the thing is, Kyle isn't one hundred percent sure why you aren't meeting up a second time.
Speaker 6: He does acknowledge that he was late to the date, and he okay.
Speaker 9: So he did tell you that. Okay, So yeah, he's still on that. Okay, Yes, he was late. He was very late.
Speaker 2: Wait he's still on that? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 9: I mean, before I even see this guy, I get three separate texts within like the forty five minutes late. He was like, oh, I think I'm going to be late. Sorry, I'm going to be late. It looks like I'm going to be late.
Speaker 7: I was like, for the love of god, well.
Speaker 6: Hold on, don't you like the communication to let you know?
Speaker 9: I mean, you can just say it once and give me an eta and then like I can chill. It's just like play by play was like not native and I can see.
Speaker 1: It sounded like he was really nervous before the date and that he was really looking forward to it. So maybe he just overdid the communication because he felt bad.
Speaker 6: So was it already over even by the time that he just arrived at the restaurant.
Speaker 9: Uh, not necessarily, but I mean it's like all we talked about.
Speaker 7: He's like, Okay, so.
Speaker 9: This happened in my shoe and then like the drug store, and I'm like, oh my god. I'm like, okay, okay, are we gonna like, are we gonna go on a date? Are we just going to like recap the reason you relate to this date in the first place.
Speaker 5: So you're already trying to move on though.
Speaker 9: That's a good song, No, one hundred percent. I understand things happen. You can be late. But then that's like all he's I mean, guys, he was like stopping the waiter. I was like, finally, I'm freaking starving, like with or something. He's like, no, no, I'll give us fifteen minutes. I got to talk to her and then just like went on and on about the lateness, and I'm like, can I get a taco? Like please?
Speaker 6: Okaya?
Speaker 1: Like what if he was just nervous, you know, like he messed up and he knows it.
Speaker 9: It almost feels like he plans this to have like subject matter to talk about on this date.
Speaker 1: Well, you planned to be late and the shoe just so he had conversation.
Speaker 9: He was like, this could be interesting. It made him feel like I felt crazy. I was like, can we do can you talk about anything else?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, he's creating a date story.
Speaker 2: He did tell us the whole story, but only once. Yeah, he told us once.
Speaker 9: He loved the story. It's his favorite story. And I can't believe he called the radio to tell it again.
Speaker 6: You maybe we can hear one more time when we bring him on right now, because he is on the other line. He really is. He's there listening and hoping to talk to you. Kyle E.
Speaker 7: Hi, Actually, what's up?
Speaker 4: Kyle?
Speaker 7: All right? You know you do.
Speaker 8: I totally understand what you're saying, Like, I get it. I didn't really mean to Blake. I just wanted you to know, like it really was a crazy situation.
Speaker 7: Like I was driving.
Speaker 8: I really didn't know like what else to do because I was I was just nervous.
Speaker 7: My shoe fell off, Like you guys, you.
Speaker 9: Get that party.
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait wait wait which foot? Which foot was the shoe on?
Speaker 9: Don't encourage him.
Speaker 3: Kyle, don't tell the story again.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, yes, I get I repeated it a lot of times, but you understand how crazy of the story it is, Like.
Speaker 9: You, it's anything. I don't want you to tell her.
Speaker 8: The lady at the stores, she's okay, you guys, let's call time out on the conversation.
Speaker 6: There's a lot going on here, and I want to save some of Kyle's story for the side podcast that we do with Brook, Alexis and Jose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just the shoe story. Yeah, we just do a shoe story.
Speaker 6: Clearly, Clearly, Ashley, he was very, very flustered by the journey over to meet up with you on the date, and he felt like it was important to at least get it out there to explain himself.
Speaker 1: He's literally still doing it, I know, but I think it's because he's defensive.
Speaker 6: More importantly, it's because he likes you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you know, I was really looking forward to going back to your house, you know, watching that movie, and you know, maybe we could have ended up doing something like later on that night, while like I was really just look, how could we even do stuff?
Speaker 9: All you're going to keep doing is talking about this. I'm swear, I'm flustering, dude. I like it it's a wrap, like, what are we doing on the radio?
Speaker 6: Okay, what we're doing is we're going to offer to send you out on another date with Kyle. But I'm assuming you're probably too busy grading like school papers and you don't have a lot of free time in your schedule.
Speaker 9: By the way, Oh no, no, no, I'm I'm good. I'm completely free. But I just don't want to talk about too.
Speaker 3: That was such a cold excuse not to hang out with him again.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yo, what else was I supposed to do? Who was killing me? Like? At least that I was like, I have, like I have an actual thing to do, that's like a job. Maybe he would like release me from the torture.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh.
Speaker 2: It's just she has very clear boundaries. Yes she wants and that's that's respectable.
Speaker 6: But I don't.
Speaker 9: I just want to have a meal. I don't like that's not a huge boundary.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, ask I get it, I get it.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 8: You want me to reac out, But you're talking about this meal, the meal, the meal, the meal, the meal time.
Speaker 9: Are you out of your mind?
Speaker 8: Does I'm just saying you were talking about recapping, and then now we're recapping this whole thing about how I didn't talk about.
Speaker 9: Like reverb.
Speaker 2: Let's end this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: The lines right now, so we send you out one more time, last chance.
Speaker 2: I think, end the story. Yeah, this story is over.
Speaker 9: Okay, goodbye radio people.
Speaker 6: Oh man, Kyle, I'm sorry, man.
Speaker 8: Well to be honest, good because I need I need someone with a watch, your attensive man who can at least like entertain what's.
Speaker 7: Going on here.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm saying like I'm being I'm being told that I'm just doing too much, and she's doing the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you picked up what.
Speaker 7: She was what he was saying.
Speaker 5: But okaytood so much.
Speaker 6: Okay, but take us back to the traffic light. Okay, go back to the chair, because I'm still curious.
Speaker 8: I mean, you actually want to know.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey in the morning. You know, I felt bad for Kyle because he definitely wanted the whole world to hear about his harrowing story on the way to the date. And in his defense, a lot of dating is talking about things that happened to you in your.
Speaker 3: Life's different things and then asking about their things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, but I can also understand his date's perspective. She doesn't want to rehash the details over and over and hear how the sausage was made. She just literally wants to eat sausage.
Speaker 1: We were set up for like failure from the beginning, rehash what happened.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the whole point of the segment is.
Speaker 1: To rehash what happened on the date, which is exactly the last thing.
Speaker 2: She wanted to do.
Speaker 6: Here against it Son, still don't.
Speaker 2: Really understand the sausage thing.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but she didn't want to hear why he was late.
Speaker 2: She wanted a tac jeff Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's just me. But whatever food you like to eat or talk about, we can help you in your dating life. You can always email the show and we can help call that person who hasn't calling you back. And go check out our second Dates wherever you get your podcasts are available online at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning,