Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club caps the World's mos dangerous morning show to Breakfast Club dj NV, just hilarious, Charlamagne the God, but Envy's not here, Lauren Larossa is and we got a very special guest in the building. And I am insulted at YouTube or Google because I went to go Google Carlos just to see what they say he is.
Speaker 3: They called you a goddamn.
Speaker 2: YouTuber reality TV show produce Solutre.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, no, I'm definitely a multi hyphenate like everybody in this room.
Speaker 5: So yes, listen. I'm a CEO of.
Speaker 4: A productric company, King Damant a tame Andrew, I am somebody who has a YouTube channel. I am the host EP of my podcast, Reality with the King. I'm a certified yapper, and you know I'm a Libra Carlos King.
Speaker 3: Y'all. What's happening, what's happening, what's happening?
Speaker 1: So happy to be here.
Speaker 6: Talk about a bit because till Charlomagne's point, when when people talk about Carlos King, Reality with the King is a big show. People know the moments, but I don't think people really understand that you were very intricral in a lot of our favorite reality TV Real Housewives of Atlanta. Yeah, ol senate seasons. Talk about that journey in your career.
Speaker 4: Yes, so listen, I'm the first black man to ever executive produce the Real Housewives franchise in general. So Atlanta is my first one season six and to this day, under my leadership, season six of the Real Housewives of Atlanta still remains the highest rated season.
Speaker 1: On any show on Bravo.
Speaker 4: So you know, for me, I am somebody who takes my career very seriously when it comes to the amount of work I've done Real Housewats of Atlanta, Real Housewats in New Jersey, And because of that is when I left the show to start my production company, Kingdom Entertainment, and now am the creator executive producer eleven Match Huntspell.
Speaker 1: Which is a number one show on Oprah Winfrey's network.
Speaker 6: I read an article on out that says that that show is responsible for sixty nine percent of all original programming hours on own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my production company, Kingdom Rank Entertainment, produces sixty nine percent of the programs on Oprah's network.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 6: Talk about some goddamn how do you, how do you figure out like what you want to do or what you want to get involved in? Because Love and Maritimeville original idea, Yes, where does that come from?
Speaker 4: I love black people. I'm somebody who is interested in telling black stories. I love black couples, and I felt that at the time, there wasn't a reality show that focused on black couples and their relationships when it comes to not the man being behind the woman like on a Housewives or a female ensemble show. One thing I know about men, straight men, they have an opinion.
Speaker 3: I'm a little crooky.
Speaker 1: You listen a straight black man.
Speaker 4: As we see what the million podcasts people have, they have an opinion. And I wanted to do a show for the first time where the man and the woman had equal footing and billing on the show, and Love and Match Huntsville has been the number one showing on for the past six years.
Speaker 7: How did you go about casting the couples? Are these friends of yours or do you know?
Speaker 4: So I had a meeting with a then couple named Melody Martell who wanted to do a show about property preservation, and I was like, not sure about that, So I said, find me some people I want to do a show about couples. They introduced me to the Scots and the rest is history.
Speaker 2: What originally drew you to unscripted TV? And what keeps you passionate about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so listen, I'm a journalist. Hey Portscha, Hey Lauren, I'm a journalist. I grew up watching Oprah Winfrey, the late Anon de Lewis, who was my idol for so many years and still remains. And for me, I wanted to just be somebody who was able to report on real people's stories, real people issues. So when I got the bug and the call to produce The Real Hospital of Atlanta, that's the first show I've done, and the moment Charlotte may I stepped on set, I felt like how you all feel. It's like when your purpose meets your passion. And I felt that God created me to be a storyteller and to tell people's stories in the most authentic way. And doing unscripted is the blessing that I never thought I needed.
Speaker 1: Wow, well it really is.
Speaker 4: You talk about why, because the thing is this, I feel like everybody has a story. So when I started my podcast Reality with the King, I wanted to create a safe space where people were able to be unprovoked, not judge, and be able to just sit with somebody who cares about them and say, this is my truth and this is how I feel. And for me, when it comes to reality television, there's nothing that makes me more happy than to see regular people live their Robbist dreams.
Speaker 1: I think it's the most important blessing of my life life.
Speaker 3: When you think about season six of the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Right now we all know all the historic cast members of Real Housewives of Atlanta. What makes a cast member must watch TV? To you, is it personality? Is vulnerability? Is it drama or just something else that we might be missing.
Speaker 1: It's all the above.
Speaker 4: And what's funny is so when I cast women and men of my shows, the number one question they ask me is what are you looking for? And I always say I want authenticity. The reason why the three of you are so amazing at your job is because people wake up in the morning and want to listen and.
Speaker 1: Watch what the three of you have to say.
Speaker 4: So for me, it's all about being authentic, being vulnerable and listen. We all like a little excited life that may be a little messy, just like the world is so that scarphone and go live. You know, just had to get the man out on her chest, have to get the mess off her chest. That's a high six team shout out to Nikki. So for me, I love that and that's why I've Jes went live and was talking you know, her truth. I called Jess and Lauren and said, hey, I have a podcast car Reality with the King, want to come.
Speaker 8: On and talk to me.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 6: But you've been also to even from the first day I met you, you've been really encouraging of us, Like you spoke to me about Jess before all of that, and you spoke to me about just this environment. What has that looked like for you mentorship wise to because it was I didn't even know you, but you were like, here's what you need to do, here's what you like.
Speaker 10: Why are you that way? And what is that?
Speaker 4: Because I know what it's like to grow up in this crazy business and just wanting to be heard. I know what it's like to be the only in the room.
Speaker 1: I'm an openly.
Speaker 4: Gay black man, shocker. I know this voice is so deep, so much based in it, But for me, I know what it's like to be the only one. I know what it's like to fell alone, and I know what it's like to be a black person in a space where everybody feels like they know you.
Speaker 1: So when I saw what the two of you were going through.
Speaker 9: Listen, listen you.
Speaker 4: First of all, Charlamaine is the Carlos Kinger Radio, I.
Speaker 10: Normally would say and.
Speaker 4: Definitely yes, like my spirit out of love because he was like, I mean, you know, say what you gotta say, saying now get off.
Speaker 5: Your chest and it gave me a hug before and she's crying and you was like you felt that way, was like be crying for weeks.
Speaker 10: And they're gon say, why see a crowd all the time?
Speaker 9: And don't right for me?
Speaker 4: I love black people, I really do. And I am everybody's mentor. I'm known as somebody who loves all the girls. Every single reality star has contacted me to give them advice.
Speaker 1: They slide in my DMS to no shade, to you know, hop on my shows.
Speaker 4: But other than that, they do want somebody who looks like me to say how do I go about doing this?
Speaker 1: And that's why mentorship is very important.
Speaker 4: To me because I want to be able to give back to my community in a way that feels safe.
Speaker 7: And I heard you mention you want to be the change in the industry, right, So yeah, that's what you're talking about when you said I want to be the change in the industry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I want to be the agent of change, because there isn't anybody at the scale of producing in which I do that is black. I literally am like the face of black reality production.
Speaker 1: And I take that very seriously.
Speaker 4: And that's why for me, I have given so many opportunities to black people unscripted.
Speaker 1: I have created so many jobs for people.
Speaker 4: And there's nothing, honest to guys, that makes me happier than when I go to work and I see so many black people look like me and they're working for me, and I promote them and I give them raises and I send them off to do everything. So for me, I want to be that because no one did that for me truly.
Speaker 1: As a black man's.
Speaker 2: Business, you know, there's always a fine line between storytelling and exploitation and reality TV.
Speaker 3: How do you know when you've crossed it? And do you care?
Speaker 1: I do care? I do care. I have a chow called Bell Collective.
Speaker 4: A wonderful woman named Marie Monroe has a mother who abuses drugs currently and has been doing that since Marie was a little girl. It was Marie's decision to have that story be told on the show. We told the story in one particular episode. Marie was looking for her mother and she was searching for her through crackhouses, and we were following it, and we of course wanted the end of the story to be she was getting healed, because that was Marie's intention. The moment I saw that this woman had a problem that didn't look like she was going to be healed, I ceased shooting with her, and I said that at some point will feel like we're exploiting this woman who clearly still has a drug abuse situation that is prominent today. And I did not want to be somebody to use my millions of viewers and audiences to show a black mother dealing with that for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the show. So I sees production on that.
Speaker 7: One, and then even not even before you get to her, even some of the other extra crad kids and some of the houses that you'll followed them in, they was probably like, damn yit, I ain't telling us that they was coming to day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have the real crackhouses of Atlanta will be fired.
Speaker 1: Carlos King Radio.
Speaker 10: Call manage for the rest of it. You are one of the girls, not one of the girls.
Speaker 9: Do you know this?
Speaker 5: Us gays love you.
Speaker 3: I tell you love me. They called me.
Speaker 5: They say, I'm trade what.
Speaker 3: Means no, but it's.
Speaker 9: Trade is and clocking in.
Speaker 4: The trade is a black masculine well not black, a masculine man that looks like this, you know, with your basketball shorts and T shirt and yes, yes we like run around over here.
Speaker 10: That's for you to say. They'd be like, he's around he so they I'll be like, my god, I was walking.
Speaker 3: Out of the bag.
Speaker 2: What happened walking out of vickcom It was about four brothers, right. I didn't even paid no attention. I'm walking right, so I'm mind of my business. Aunt Charlamagne, don't you walk over here? Don't you walk back us with all that ask and I say nothing.
Speaker 8: We love.
Speaker 3: When I went back exactly.
Speaker 7: So I want to go back to something that you said before. You were saying that you know you wanted to be the change in the industry. What were some of the things that you had to go through before you even got to that, like you ever mistreated in the industry before you got to.
Speaker 2: Where you are?
Speaker 1: Yes, I good question. I remember.
Speaker 4: Being a producer and I worked really hard and I climbed the ladder the right way. I was a PA, a P I had every step in this business. And I remember I had these sentimental who I thought were like everything to me, and long story short, I reached out to them for advice, like, oh my gosh, you know I have an opportunity to be an executive producer.
Speaker 1: I need some advice. What should I do?
Speaker 4: Do you know an agent? Should I get an agent? And all these things. Long story short, they went behind my back and tild my bosses. I did not deserve the promotion. Wow, why Because what I have learned in this business is everybody wants you to do great as long as you're not doing better than them.
Speaker 1: And that was a tough pill for me to swallow.
Speaker 4: And I remember crying about that because it was my first time experiencing betrayal.
Speaker 1: From people who I thought were looking out for me.
Speaker 4: So when I experienced that, I said to myself, no black person in my willhouse would ever have to go through that again. And that's the reason why my company I have an open door policy.
Speaker 1: I speak to everybody from the PA to the grip, to the sound person to.
Speaker 4: The executives, because I want everybody to know that when they work with Carlos King, we're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 1: We're gonna work really hard.
Speaker 4: But you also have somebody where the owner of the company is gonna shake your hand and speak to you and say thank you at the end of the of the of the shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I was always wondered about black reality TV stars. They seem to not get the same like mainstream deals or magazing covers. Why do you think the industry still treats black reality stars like they decided this is the not the entree, especially when they had success like Real Housewives of.
Speaker 10: A lot of people talk like that about NII. They feel like she should have more.
Speaker 4: Yes, MEMI to me is the Meryl Streep of reality television, and we're gonna put some respect on her name.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: We all have benefited from nine Leaks, and I'm comfortable saying that giving the woman her must do in this business. I think when it comes to black reality stars, unfortunately, just like any black woman in any industry. You aren't given the invest that you deserve. You're not, whether it's the music industry, whether it's journalism, whether it's you know, the medical field. It's an unfortunate fact that when it comes to black women in any industry, black women lead the charge. They're the curators, you know, they're the tastemakers. But unfortunately, advertisers feel like if they're not white, would the consumer buy into that?
Speaker 1: And I think they will. And that's why we look at Porsche.
Speaker 4: Williams capital p the cover of People magazine. Bernadine Peters, Angela Bassett. Yes, you know, like you look at Porsche and listen, I'm gonna say this because I believe in it. I think Porsche Williams is currently the black Kim Kardashian of our time, and I think we need to look at her as somebody who is going to make so many strides in this business. And I believe strongly. Her People magazine cover her illustrated that fact. And when I saw that, I was like, where's her deals?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm like that to me, that to me really showcased like this woman is about to set things on fire, like she did that car.
Speaker 10: You said it was iconic.
Speaker 4: Well, like I think Portia is so iconic, and I just love her so much because again, she's what Charlie Mane I just talked about.
Speaker 1: She's vulnerable, she's funny, she's.
Speaker 4: Authentic, and you know, she's having a season where she's going through a divorce and that's challenging.
Speaker 9: I think any woman.
Speaker 4: Is going through divorce sees that and understands that. And if you have never gone through a divorce, I think you will never understand what that does to a woman. It does something to a woman, and I've seen it with Ninny Leeks. I've seen it on my Show's Loving Marriage, I've seen it across the world, and.
Speaker 1: I think we have to really give her some grace.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask, did you see the interview that Simon recently did with Page six where he I did How did you feel about that interview in him throwing a lot of the blame on I think.
Speaker 4: That I think it's one of those situations where I don't know Simon. I'm as Simon at the wedding for the first time, the Nigerian one, because at the time I was with an African who looked like Charlie Mayne.
Speaker 2: Was he from the Miley Regent That's where I'm from.
Speaker 5: I don't know, you know.
Speaker 9: He couldn't related to Simon. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Plus one for the wedding.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, we alone, my gosh, circumstance, yeah.
Speaker 9: All my cut.
Speaker 1: So my thing is I'm being so began me.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, I like a good.
Speaker 1: Amount of protein. But my thing is this.
Speaker 4: I met Simon at the wedding day, the Nigerian wedding. It was Me Giselle Bryant sitting next to each other, and I saw the love in that room.
Speaker 1: And you have to be there to understand there was love there.
Speaker 9: I am shocked.
Speaker 4: That Simon has decided to go this route when it comes to creating a narrative about his wife.
Speaker 1: Listen, I wasn't there. I was in their bedroom.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened, But I do think when it comes to a man at the end of the day, I do think there's some sort of protection that needs to happen to where you have to look at her mental health and understand that. I do believe that everybody should tell their own story, but I do think it comes to a point to where it could be too much, and I think as a man, you have to decide, like, I got my point across and I'm done. And I hope that Simon, in his quiet times, understands that I feel like he did an interview, he got his story out, and I think now is the time to be like, all right, bro, we heard.
Speaker 3: You also too.
Speaker 2: You got to look at it and think to yourself how much of that is projection? Because I mean he's going through a lot of trying.
Speaker 3: For sure, he just was locked up.
Speaker 2: You got deported, Yeah, set up like shopping a whole new place, even though you're from there, Nageria.
Speaker 4: I don't know he's Nigeria.
Speaker 10: I mean he can go between both, but I think he's in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just can't come back to the mark. I just think when I saw the interview, I just saw a lot of projection.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I saw a lot of pain.
Speaker 4: And listen, I'm not here to dissect that man's emotion and what.
Speaker 1: Is in real or not.
Speaker 4: I believe he obviously, Listen, I know there was love that I was at the wedding and Portia teared up and I saw so much love between those two that that I am shocked.
Speaker 1: That things are worth at now.
Speaker 4: But with that being said, I do think at some point you have to put down, you know, the missile, just say I will deal with this now privately, so hopefully that happens.
Speaker 1: Has is that all the questions about I know you want.
Speaker 10: To get it out? No, no, No, that's it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: Has doing reality CV ever been challenging to you to the point where you were like, all right, look, I'm done with this shit, like I'm walking away from this. Like, has there ever been a moment where it got personal for you? Although it's business?
Speaker 5: Oh, Jess with the cook You know what I'm saying, I.
Speaker 3: Learned, I learned a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Look I think, oh, okay, I'm gonna say this now. Okay, Look, I think there is a time to where you have to take inventory of what's happening in an industry. And I look at reality television now and it's not what it used to be. I started in two thousand and eight. Like I was there when Needy Lee's had a quick weave.
Speaker 9: Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I was there when Charae had broking gates in her million dollar home. You know what I'm saying, Like I was there when things were real, and women joined the show because they were like, this could be interesting and obviously listen, be famous and all those things and whatever. I don't like where it's hitting to where I feel like a lot of people joined this show for the wrong reasons and they don't understand that.
Speaker 1: It's it's a.
Speaker 4: You're doing a deal where you have to exchange your privacy for publicity. And when you hear reality stars saying I ain't talking about that, that's too real, or when they use social media to turn people against the production because they don't like the fact that the audience doesn't like them in this particular episode, you know what I mean, Like, we all have bad moments.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I felt for you when you, you know, talked about your situation.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for you. You're good, but you know, because he loves, he.
Speaker 9: Loves, he's like me. He's like he like speed.
Speaker 1: Right, that's Charlamagne. You get the G in the end of the e because the G is.
Speaker 4: Silent, Okay, So so for me, I do understand that this is a tough industry because of social media. And I have said that social media has killed the reality star because social media has poisoned. The reality start into behaving in a way that pleases them.
Speaker 1: And the reality star.
Speaker 4: If they're not strong enough and if they don't have the right people around them, they can fall into that trap and they can lose opportunities because nobody wants to be around somebody who constantly is berating some one when you're like, we.
Speaker 1: Were good, Oh but that episode aired.
Speaker 4: And you don't like the feedback that you're that you're getting, so now all of a sudden, it's editing fought.
Speaker 1: But baby, during the production, we were good.
Speaker 5: You know, we had a watch party, was great, you got the episode.
Speaker 1: You was like yay. And then user three oh seven.
Speaker 4: Nine you be and you like production and it's like come again. So those days to me are definitely diminishing. And that's the reason why look reality with the Kings of Hip podcast, and that's why I'm so happy to announce that we have partner with Black Effects. He King Effects. Yeah, So shout out to Charlotte May. I really appreciate you. Listen, You're somebody who I always looked up to since your days being with Wendy, and I feel like our stories are so parallel because I know what it's like to be the psychic and I know what it's like to just want to be able to of course service the person who you're working for, but also have your own dreams and desires.
Speaker 1: So with my podcast.
Speaker 4: Joining the Black Effect Network, you know, expect things to be bigger and bolder and listen. I think for me, it shows that you have two black men who are powerful in their own individual industries. But I believe this partnership will show the world and the community and the culture that two black men okay can join forces with no ego and figure out a landscape to where we can do business on a multi level scale. So the fact that this partnership is happening me and I'm Charlie made about to make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm looking forward to, you know, learning the world of unscripted you know, through you. Yeah, that's what I want Black Effect to be a multimedia you know company, right, multimedia production company.
Speaker 3: So you know we've already talked about doing unscripted stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, including a show with your wife and your kids. Well, I love that because I'm really single, and I love it when you have a partner who's support No, no, no, no, maybe I love that Charlote made Steve Harvey I look and and Lebron I love it when you have a partner that is supportive. And one thing I have listened to you talk about your wife, you, Lebron, Gucci with Akisha k R and Lebron, You, Lebron, Steve and Gucci have all said I'm good, but I'm great because.
Speaker 1: Of my wife.
Speaker 6: When you mean, when you see him and his dynamic with his wife, you realize that, like literally, I thank God for her because she is And I watched him and I'm like, oh, you need that, Like it's like Yin yang, like she is the She's the one, for real, She's amazing.
Speaker 10: She would never do that show though, And.
Speaker 6: She said, we're gonna sit down.
Speaker 9: No, no, We're gonna sit not have and have dinner.
Speaker 1: But there'll be no cameras around. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But question when you talk about, you know, working alongside people and one of your just do where are you and Mona Scott Young today.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's my mentor forever and ever and ever. She was on Reality with the King. The beauty of moment is this.
Speaker 1: People really tried to pit us against each other.
Speaker 4: I've learned so much from Mona Scott working with love and hip hop. And I saw this black woman baby come in and set ship on fire.
Speaker 1: And when I say that, I mean with.
Speaker 4: Her wisdom, her knowledge, and I've learned so much from her and she and I we were just at conye Lando's Foundations celebrating the BT Awards two weeks ago in La. She is and always will be a woman that I have great respect for, and I do feel like when it comes to Mona, a lot of people do not understand the stride she made as a black one of the music industry, you know, alongside the Lake Christ Liity.
Speaker 1: So no, I love Mona. We're good.
Speaker 2: Was that at one time you felt pressure of delute black narratives fit mainstream expectations.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no.
Speaker 4: And it's funny because a lot, a lot all of my shows are starring black people. And I received the notion, I'm like, well, do some show with some white folks.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I'm a storyteller first, But for me, I hate that because when you say, why don't you do shows with white people or why you only do shows with black people? No, one talks to these other production companies and say, you have a lot of white shows because they look.
Speaker 1: At it as it being mainstream.
Speaker 4: And when you say that, you're I'm gonna say it, you're pretty much calling black.
Speaker 1: Folks second class citizens. Why not? Why aren't we able to work together?
Speaker 4: And that's why our collaboration with my podcast in Black Effect is really one of my ways of showing people that, Sure, I could have went to this network, on that network, and we had so many offers, but when Dolly Bishop flew to Dollar yes I'm the president of Black Effect.
Speaker 1: When she reached out to me and said me.
Speaker 4: And Charlie Maine would love for you to be a part of our network, it was enough brainer for me.
Speaker 1: I literally and my management will be mad because.
Speaker 4: I thought myself doing the meeting, like, yes, I'll do it, but you know do they think? But I was thrilled to know that we could work well together and really show people that listen, I saw a center's baby and I'm all about black ownership and black power.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you're not just producing shows, You're building a brain with Kingdom Ring.
Speaker 3: So what's your vision for Kingdom Raging beyond even television?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so listen, we will be a multi media production company. We will do podcasting, we will do unscripted television and scripted and with me at the helm of this production company, it's all about really following the trends of where we are now. You and I spoke about that two weeks ago with what Kai Sanata is doing. Yeah, so, like, there's stuff that I want to do. I'm a disruptor in this industry, and I want to have fun creating stuff that people are like. I had no idea you were thinking about that, So expect more from us in all facets of his industry.
Speaker 3: You did.
Speaker 2: When you watch what Kai is doing, do you think that would work in reality TV?
Speaker 3: Could you do a reality show that's live like that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean look what Juski is doing with his dating showing YouTube.
Speaker 9: It is edited.
Speaker 4: But I also I say all that to say, there's an audience that wants to see someone of that status, of that status doing something unscripted realm and I think what Kai is doing can definitely working unscripted, just.
Speaker 1: Like having cameras in the house doing your live.
Speaker 4: Love Island is like the hot shown out right now and it comes on six days a week and that's like around the clock and all that stuff. And I think me and Charlie mainshakal Kai and figure out what we can do together to really show some live elements what he's doing. Absolutely not to put you on a.
Speaker 1: Spot high, but you know we can do it.
Speaker 3: Put them on the spot.
Speaker 6: Yes, do you think that Bravo this is a hard left? Do you think Bravo owns owes Kenya more?
Speaker 3: Some money money?
Speaker 9: Well, look, I don't know Kenya's deal.
Speaker 4: I don't know Kenya's deal, but what I will say about Kenya Moore is I work with her, and I'm gonna say this, Kenya Moore is one of the rare reality stars who did everything for that show Everything, What does everything look like?
Speaker 1: Kenya Moore cared. She cared about telling her own personal story.
Speaker 4: She cared about asking questions where things would be swept under the rug. She cared about who was joining the show. She cared about if they fit. She cared about making amands with people. She cared about making sure that Carlos King was happy, you know, like she cares about She cared about that. It was very sad to see her be let go. But what I will say is I think there's an opportunity for her to return, and I think she deserves to return. She is the sheer definition of a force multiplier. And I want Kenya Moore to be somebody who understands her value and her worth and to do whatever her heart's desires. And if that's coming back to the show, fantastic. If that's doing other.
Speaker 1: Things she has a YouTube channel she's doing.
Speaker 4: We all love Kenya Moore and she is forever the American Black beauty of our generation.
Speaker 2: As you something as a producer, right when you look at own and you make up like sixteen said sixty nine percent of the continent, I think about what fifty cent did with starts.
Speaker 3: Yes, what Tyler Perry does would be to yes.
Speaker 2: Is that the movie is that how producers should be thinking, like, let me lock in with a network.
Speaker 4: And yeah, honestly, listen, our industry is going through a crisis, and I love so much.
Speaker 1: Listen. I grew up watching Oprah Win with my mother.
Speaker 4: So to be able to have a production company that I own produce sixty nine percent of the shows for her network under the leadership of the president Tina Perry, they hit up unscripted you tapping. To be able to work with them, Charlotte Maayne, and to provide so many shows for them, that is the goal to share that. Yeah, no, and I have such respect and adoration for them, and they do for me and I will forever for the rest of my life as I have breadth of my lungs to produce for that network.
Speaker 1: They have given me so many opportunities.
Speaker 4: I host reunion shows for the shows I produce for the network, and we have an amazing work relationship. But yes, I think that is a future and I think listen, I think it's with any situation, you find a home that loves you, respects you, and values you.
Speaker 9: And OWN is that.
Speaker 4: And look, I'm able to produce for the networks, but for me, nothing is more valuable than my relationship with OWN.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say the network.
Speaker 2: There was a network that came to me one time and it was like, Okay, we want you to be the producer, and you're gonna be with this writer and we're gonna be working with three.
Speaker 3: Producers and three writers. Yeah, so figure it out.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, damn, So clearly that's I guess that's what these networks are going nowaday.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, but you have to really, and I think, just follow the model that works for you with fifty cent has done for stars and you know has done for subscriptions for that platform. You have to know your value and your worth and I think, listen, you are Charla Maine, and I think you can go to any network and get a show green lit. For sure, that's what you want to do, but also think there's something valuable by going to one home saying why can't I just produce multiple shows for you guys versus just like constantly running around finding a home to do that for.
Speaker 2: Which network for the bag, but not locking you into a multi show deal before on.
Speaker 5: So, Lauren, your bob looks good.
Speaker 6: For real because I felt like you should ad a situation from Bravo. I felt like VHR like there's a lot of networks that you've been loosely associated with but that we know but behind the scenes in a big way. Why didn't it happen after all the Real Housewives success and what's going on in Carlos.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I'm somebody where I go where I'm valued, and sometimes what that means is not that there's.
Speaker 1: Any beep or anything. But when you grew up.
Speaker 4: In this business, right, sometimes people see you as one thing. And what I love about OWN is they saw me as a formidable producer, but they also saw me as an extraordinary CEO. They also saw me as talent. So to have a home that sees you as those three things is what means the most to me. And look, I pitched to all networks and I love them all too.
Speaker 1: However, I value a network like OWN.
Speaker 4: That sees Carlos King as more than one thing. And the fact that Reality with the King has a show on Own.
Speaker 1: Okay that comes on July eighteenth, so watch it Like that's dope.
Speaker 4: Like for them to come to me and say, we see your hit podcast, let's create a talk show for our network, you know what I mean. But I also have a show idea. Can you produce it?
Speaker 1: So I listen.
Speaker 4: I have nothing but more love and respect for them, and it shows I'd rather you see.
Speaker 2: I'd rather see you doing that on OWN. I mean, Andy Cohen been at Bravo doing the same thing for ever, so I would rather see Carlos King doing that on producing shows, having his own talk show.
Speaker 3: It just makes all the sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if that what led to that conversation you just had about like being seen in the proper way, Is that what led to because there's always been a rumor that there's like this thing with you and Andy Cohen that isn't the best relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's false, that's false. He and are fine.
Speaker 4: I have said this to him personally and I'll say it publicly. He is somebody that you have to be blind to not see that. He paved the way for people like me, for producers to be able to host, for re unions, for producers to be able to be seen as talent. And we're not going to negate that for him again. When you are two people doing great work, the audience wants to pitch you against each other.
Speaker 1: They try to do that with the two of you, right, They tried to do.
Speaker 4: That with Brandy Amonica and the fact that you two came together brand the Amonica now on tour.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to fall into that trap.
Speaker 4: I am an amazing version of Carlos King and at the same time, in my same breath, I can give Andy Cohen his prosper being the best at what he does, and I think when it comes to social media who love to try to say you're.
Speaker 1: Trying to beat him.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 9: I really am not.
Speaker 4: I own a production company, I have a podcast, I'm.
Speaker 1: A YouTuber according to Wikipedia. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I want my people, and I'm gonna talk to my people alone, because a lot of them do say that he's trying to be some stop falling under the microscope of us being compared to somebody who is white. Sure, it's you are really shedding light on your own insecurities. I'm not insecure. So when people say, I'm not offended at all. But I do want my people to really respect what I have done, and respect my name, and respect my legacy, and respect what I have done for my community and what I'm still doing. When you go on set of a Carlos King show, You're going to see people who look like my cast I'm.
Speaker 1: The only one doing that, the only one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Do you feel like you get that respect?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: No, no, listen, the rain drops my pants, they see it, but no, listen, I don't.
Speaker 1: But I don't do it for that. I'm a very spiritual person.
Speaker 4: I know that God gave me this life to honor him when.
Speaker 1: I reached the prily gates.
Speaker 4: God is not gonna say not hold on, honey, let me see what they said about your social media child the shaved room posting like they're not going to do that. And that's the reason why don't crash out. Is the reason why when people try to come from me, I don't respond to them because I understand that.
Speaker 1: Y'all need that.
Speaker 4: Social media is a playground of misfits, and every once in a while I like to go on the playground and throw saying you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: By looking through the comments, we all, do you see your post that shady like? What is saying? What he is saying?
Speaker 9: Are they?
Speaker 1: Are they saying what I think they're gonna say what I'm thinking? So I get all that.
Speaker 4: It will never affect me to the point where I'm going to lose the respect of people who give me opportunities.
Speaker 1: Ain't none of y'all worth that? Nah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carlos is marching in the NYC.
Speaker 4: Yes, Gods love who serves over four million meals for everybody, And I'm so excited to partner with them.
Speaker 1: So I'll be here on a float and we're gonna have fun. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So God's Love.
Speaker 1: It's an amazing charity that I'm a part of. And again I'm a spiritual person.
Speaker 4: So the partner with an organization who does great work for the community. I'm honored that they have chosen me to represent them on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Make sure you support Coles King and all he does man the podcast.
Speaker 3: When this podcast is very.
Speaker 5: Well no, well, now they're on the Black Effect. Prepared to be sick of me?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, I am going up, so rain Drops exclusive. Listen up rain Drops now that Reality with the King is on the Black Effect Network. First of all, download the app. Okay, they got recently Shady, which is Bryant and Robin Digson.
Speaker 1: They got the latest with Laura bro So they have a lot of people.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to be dropping between four to five episodes a week.
Speaker 10: You coming from me because I'm daily.
Speaker 4: Well you know, listen, there's room for everybody. Yeah, yes, I will as long as I don't have a bob.
Speaker 1: You in good hands.
Speaker 3: Hair, Thank you?
Speaker 10: So what's happening?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: Girl? I look, I think it's.
Speaker 4: Follow you yeah, so follow me Instagram, TikTok x at v Carlos King Underscore. My YouTube is at v Carlos King Underscore. Please subscribe to my podcast under the Black Effect Network, Reality with the King, and we do exclusive interviews for YouTube. So I have Angela Oakley from my Housewifs on antil up right now. We got some more heavy hitters coming up, so subscribe and like my YouTube channel too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's the Breakfast Club. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 3: Breakfast Club