Speaker 1: Let's move on, Let's get him this news from around the league. While we have the chance, we gotta talk about Joel Embii. We gotta talk about Jojoe. This man is single handedly giving me any bit of love and any bit of excitement and warm feelings for the city of Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: That's how good Joel Embiid is.
Speaker 1: So Joel Embii, facing off against one of the stingiest defenses in the league, went absolutely berserk. Quick side note, there was this guy on Twitter gambling Twitter, sports betting Twitter, his walk, his whale play, which is essentially like way more money than you probably can afford. His whale play that he gave out to the masses to take to put your hard earned I work at the local target for twelve dollars an hour. That money you should put probably a week's pay. According to him on betting against Joel Embiid, hazardous to your health play is what I would like to call that. It's killer will play, because that will absolutely destroy you once you I had no idea why he decided to put that out. I actually decided, you know what, I'm not going to do that. I'm going to do the opposite. I love watching Joel Embiid and fading him aka betting against him. Maybe one of the most disrespectfully horrible decisions for your own health. Anyway, it was incredible. They threw three legit All Star centers at Joel Embiid. You had Rudy Gobert, presumptive defensive player of the year. You had Karl Anthony Towns, a legit All Star, and Nazrie who's probably six Man of the Year at least in my book. And he chewed them up all like a meat grinder, like it was immediate to the tune of fifty one, twelve and three on seventeen for twenty five shooting and seventeen for eighteen from the free throw line, and he was actually mad that he didn't hit eighteen of eighteen.
Speaker 2: They had. The Big three for Minnesota had eleven fouls.
Speaker 1: Eleven fouls. I think Rudy Gobert was on the bench with two fouls. Within the first two minutes of the game. Joel Embiid was hitting him on the elbow.
Speaker 2: With the jab.
Speaker 1: Jab. Put your body into them, cause them to swipe down at you. Do not fade away, fade forward, cause the contact middy swish. This man will never miss. It felt like he was never gonna miss from mid range. They even put Luca Garza up in there.
Speaker 2: That was how bad it was. Luca Garza, Let's put you into the meat grinder. See how you do. See if you can get chewed up.
Speaker 1: Chew up some minutes, chew up some fouls to the tune of two minutes, and they were like, oh, yep, quick, quick, little hook for you. Oh my goodness, here you go. Let's yep, two quick fouls, two quick fouls. Thirteen fouls from the center position. Chris Finch, the head coach of the Minnesota Timber, was so pissed.
Speaker 2: He's yelling at the rest this man.
Speaker 1: He's yelling, stop protecting Joel MBI, stop protecting up.
Speaker 2: They will not stop protecting him. Good luck, and now.
Speaker 1: He is the favorite to win MVP because he has been a cheat code so fun to watch, averaging more points than minutes played. In his last eight games, Joel Embiid has averaged forty one points, thirteen rebounds, and four assists with three and a half stocks per game. He is the model of consistency. He has box office right now, box office shooting splits. In those eight games, ridiculous, sixty two from the field, thirty eight from three, and ninety three from the free throw line. What big man, what center? Do you know shooting thirty eight percent from three and ninety three percent seven footer seven footer shoot in the sixties from the free throw line if they're lucky in the seventies or eighty never from the nineties. Even Rudy was like, yo, he was incredible. He's MVP for a reason. Very tough matchup. Let's hear what Anthony Edwards had to say.
Speaker 2: It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: My brother was me and my brother was texting like, brou I've never seen like, yeah, he's gonna stop.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't. I don't see how he lose a game, Like, yeah, I don't. I don't see how you lose. What what impress me the most?
Speaker 4: And this is after Also, I don't want to talk about you, but I just love the game of basketball.
Speaker 3: I like watching him play. Besides the files, I don't think you getting all that. But he just comes handles his business.
Speaker 4: And get them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, comes handles his business and gets the fuck on, Yes he does. I don't know how they ever lose a game Philadelphia, right now is a problem. They are deep. They've got Nick. But Tom, I know you guys make fun of me. I'm su talking about the ghost of Nick Batoom.
Speaker 2: But he's been incredible.
Speaker 1: He has a I think a strained hamstring right now, so he's not playing. Anthony Meltain just went down.
Speaker 2: With an injury. But outside of these injuries, when they come back healthy, they've got dudes. They've got dudes.
Speaker 1: He is gonna end up making Philly go as far as they've ever gone and the end the process ERA.
Speaker 2: If he keeps this up, if he.
Speaker 1: Stays healthy, he's gonna go this take this team to the finals, and he's gonna be the regular season MVP.
Speaker 2: That's what we've got.
Speaker 1: We've got a Nuggets Nuggets Sixers Finals December twenty one.
Speaker 2: Book it all right, Let's move on sad news out of New York.
Speaker 1: Mitchell Robinson had ankle surgery. We didn't know how long he was gonna be out what people thought like maybe eight weeks. It's actually gonna be the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Terrible.
Speaker 1: Mitchell having an incredible season all accounts. When the good guys in the league, everybody likes watching him. Everybody thinks he's a great teammate, especially harsh blow because he's been.
Speaker 2: Playing really well, really well.
Speaker 1: I think he's like almost about to go into a contract year. I didn't look at this up, but I think he's almost right there.
Speaker 2: So that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 1: He was averaging over ten rebounds a game three stocks. He was absolutely electric defensively, and that comes on the heels of another injury plague season that he had missed twenty three games. This year, He's going to miss another sixty one. Tough quote from Mitchell Robinson, like heart wrenching, tear jerker quote. He said, I just don't get it. I do everything I'm asked too when it comes to my body, and this shit, shit still happens.
Speaker 2: Like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Just another year, another disappointment. Breakout the kleenex, folks. That one hurt me. Heartbreaking good news. Mitchell Robinson is only twenty five years old. I speak for all I think I speak for all NBA mans when I say come back soon, Mitchell Robinson play the next five seasons without an incident. He has had a lot of years where he's been injured. I want to say maybe three or four where he's had injuries.
Speaker 2: The Knicks now are in a market for a center. They need one.
Speaker 1: Bet Hertenstein can't be the only one they got. They've applied to the NBA for the disabled player exception worth seven point eight million. Daniel Tice probably would have been an intriguing option, maybe a plumb Lee, but both those guys, I think they're both on the Clippers. Some unsigned free agents include Kem Birch, no Grgia Jang, No probably Nerleans Noel. He worked under Tibeau in the past. Keith Smith actually mentioned this.
Speaker 2: On the show the other night.
Speaker 1: Clint Capella for the Atlanta Hawks, he might be on the trade block. That would be a nice little piece. He fits what they want to do in New York. Definitely does not fit what Atlanta's trying to do. You have Anyuka Kungu, who's now more in favor in terms of stylistic play and how this roster is constructed. We got to stay tuned on what's gonna happen next. But sad stuff for Mitchell Robinson and the Knicks. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: Big news out of.
Speaker 1: New Orleans and Zion Williamson. According to the Athletic, who first reported it, then verified it by reading the contractself. Zion's contract with the Pelicans is no longer fully guaranteed. This is the first big moneymax extension in recent NBA history to not be fully guaranteed. Holy NFL Zion, Oh my goodness. The last three years of the deal now became non guaranteed when he missed more than twenty two games last year.
Speaker 2: He missed fifty three, by the way.
Speaker 1: According to Mike Vorkanoff, that means the Pelicans have a contractual power to wave Williamson after the twenty four to twenty five season with no financial ramifications, though rival team execs believes that that would only happen in extreme circumstances with the with the Pelicans waves Zion waves no. But if he gets like a crazy injury again, maybe that clause, what that did for New Orleans makes his contract just so much easier to move.
Speaker 2: You're worried about Zion, You're worried about having him on the books.
Speaker 1: If he's a bust, and if he's not beeph you can wave them at any time. Don't worry about it, baby, like it's no problem. It's crazy that his agent allowed this sin. That's how bad things were for Zion, just give us the money. We'll figure it out later. Like part of the contracts not guarantee if he miss his times, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take my ten percent. Regardless.
Speaker 1: Zion could have played out his contract and gone full free agent, and that probably would not have happened. If I were Zion, I'd be looking into www. Dot WeightWatchers dot com asap rocky and start counting my points, get my conditioning up, stay on the floor as much as I can, because he is one blown out knee from having one hundred and fifty million dollars wiped off the books, wiped off his wallet, and boy, oh boy, gonna be hard to get the batties when you're a fatty and you're broke.
Speaker 2: Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows about game Ball Gazzie with Yannis and the Pacers this last week. What a lot of people do not know is that the next day Chad you Cannon, the criminally underrated GM went out sign James Johnson. A lot of people call him blood Sport because this fucker has a black belt and moonlights as an undefeated MMA fighter. He's the baddest motherfucker in the league right now. But anyway, that's not what I'm trying to say. This is what James Johnson had to say about the postgame scrum with the Bucks. All those people they don't know what transpired before all that. When the scrum with the Bucks happened, I was upset. I called Tyrese Halliburton right away. I was upset. I did not like it. I thought it was cheap. Ooh, you didn't like it. Ooh. James Johnson on the team didn't like it. He's coming after the Bucks. He's coming after Bobby portis. Oh boy, Apparently he and Halley are boys. And let me tell you, no one is coming for any Pacers when James Johnson is around. There's a reason that he's anonymously and unanimously voted for biggest badass in the league.
Speaker 2: After all, he is a guy who.
Speaker 1: Will round house you. He will roundhouse you in your murder eyes. Bobby portis, yes, you were, and he's also intensely loyal. Here's a clip from nas Reed, who said this recently about his interaction as a rookie for the Minnesota Timberwolves when James Johnson's still a dreamman was there and they went shopping.
Speaker 3: We had Houston.
Speaker 4: We in Houston whatever, and he takes me in jail and the world shopping or we go with him shoping.
Speaker 3: We know, we're not thinking, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm about to go swim a little thoughtsand dollars though, like you're from me all moots, Like I'm gonna do some d R shit or whatever. So I pay We had the Webster. They gotta pay at the y want to pay for him. He's like, don't ever take out your wallet when I'm around you, Like what you mean? Like he's like, I'm like, I'm like what you mean, Like I ain't want to overstep you know what I'm saying, Like what you mean?
Speaker 3: He's like a little pick up whatever you want? Blah blah. So I'm like, all right, I come back and I got back another doubt. He's like that's it. I'm like, well, what do you want me to do? Like long?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: So like we end up leaving, Like bro, I swear it's like thirty bands, forty bands, like just.
Speaker 3: Between all three of us.
Speaker 4: Like it's just crazy because it's like I know you, but I don't even know you like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know me, I'm come from loyalty.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, damn, like Johnson, you are really yeah, like so like every time I'm seeing it's like really all up, Like.
Speaker 3: He had no reason to do that, you know what I'm saying exactly.
Speaker 4: You don't even know me like that, Like I'm just some young I'm to him, I'm like that time, young rookie, I'm coming in you know what. I So like, Yeah, that was just that was definitely like some under that a lot of as he can.
Speaker 3: He probably saw the hunger and what you strive.
Speaker 1: James Johnson is like my favorite guy, and I think I love Nasred too.
Speaker 2: This dude there is a reason that they call him blood.
Speaker 1: Sport, loyal and tough. Hard to find that combo with these days. Happy he's back in the league for another year. That's all the time that we after the Heat checked. Come back Monday for an all new episode. Check out the feed for past many episodes that drop unexpectedly, like Kevin O'Connor deciding to throw a ricochet shot at the Sacramento Kings on Twitter. We'll talk about that another time. Do not forget the Paul the Heat check as we navigate the season. That means download, That means subscribe, That means subscribe, That means tell everybody, friends, enemies, neighbors, all of them, even the guy at the antique store trying to lowball the owner because his bitch wife doesn't.
Speaker 2: Want to pay full value.
Speaker 1: Hey, if that frame is still back here a year from now, I'm gonna pay you one thousand bucks even though you're trying to charge me three three thousand. Who has three thousand dollars for a fucking picture frame? What am I doing with my life?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: By the way, Trista buys full price and has a Dopez podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: Follow us on social at the heat Check and at Trista Creek on Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. We'll see you next time.