Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I'm your host Will Compton, the boy Taylor my co host. He is in the midst of training camp right now. You are listening to me right now, I am talking on this intro on Monday, August.
Speaker 2: What is it August first?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fucking crazy that Joe like, we're we're in the August Boys, We're in the August territory, their first day at pads. I'm sure that he just brutal out there, shout out to those boys for grinding. I'm so glad I'm not in that training campete right now or and I won't be. I've actually missed if you guys think about it, I have. Obviously this year is like different. I can claim this year, I guess, but if we include this year, i'ven't been to like the last four training camps the finesse king time will tell if I finessed this finesse, this training camp and going to going to a season.
Speaker 2: At some point.
Speaker 1: Before we get started, we got a shout out the greatest truck on the road, the Chevy Silverado. Can you blow that up for me a little bit? Jack, If you're looking to make a summer story a strong one. The Chevy Silverado can take you there and that story will start as soon as you take the wheel. The Silverado ZR Two was built to tame the trails as the most off road ready Silverado ever created. Boys, and there are eight more Silverado models to choose from to make sure one fits your life. My personal life is the high Country. I got it down at Freeland Chevrolet the best in the business in the Greater Nashville area. The Silverado provides the strength and Chevy truck capability to handle whatever comes next. With the Silverado, you have everything you need to not only write your own summer story, but also make it an unforgettably epic. One Chevy truck, the Chevy truck grit hang on no, hang on, hang on no, Boys, Chevy truck grits and smarts to make you unstoppable. Talk about how gritty and smart to Chevy Solado. I agree, Maybe next time I read ahead and we can reward that one a little bit, because I think we can make the whole gritty and smart's part a lot better.
Speaker 2: Take.
Speaker 1: Come into your summer with the beautiful Chevy Silverado. Go to Chevy dot com to learn more about the Chevy Soverado. The technology on websites these days, boys, you're practically sitting in You're practically sitting in the vehicle when you're online. So go to Chevy dot com to learn more about the Chevy Sovado. And if you live in Nashville or a little outside, let's say it within a two hour radius of Nashville, Nashville, get your ass to freelan Chevy because they're the best in class in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: All right, what do we have? Boys?
Speaker 1: A lot to break down? I want to SummerSlam over the weekend. That was insane. I went with the boy Mike Chandler, not the Flex because we're friends, but's also flex. We might be looking at a fight in November. I don't think it should be my news to break if there isn't news yet, but we could potentd be looking at a fight in November. Potentially. There's nothing that's set in stone. Jp R analysts are UFC analysts. Is there something that's set in stone? Or is this all just hearsay right now?
Speaker 2: Just hearsay right now? But what do you think is gonna happen?
Speaker 3: I believe I have not spoken with Michael Tandler or me or will I am. According to my sources, we will be seeing Michael Chandler versus Dustin Foier.
Speaker 2: Okay, and maybe November we'll have a zero reaction to that. We talk after the show.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But went to Summer Slam, dude.
Speaker 1: That was an awesome experience going to the ww that was my first one ever.
Speaker 2: I've never been to any of this this stuff.
Speaker 1: I've been to like a I've been to like in sue Llard in Saint Louis, Missouri. I went to like one of those wrestling nights where there's like, yeah, the N word, are we allowed to say the N word? Lee Corso did say he not so fast midget. Oh that's just me nervous laughing right there. But yeah, where they have the wrestling event like inside of like a cafeteria.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I've never been to.
Speaker 1: Like ad WCWWWF WWE, none of it, dude, And that was electric. Bro Watching McAfee perform. I mean, he's got like three moves, but I love all of them. The backflip off the top, does the slow front flip onto somebody, the sporadic punching. That's another move of his, but it was electric Logan. Paul Logan, Paul is going to be a WW superstar, like he legit might be the Yeah he's an athlete, he legit might be the world the world champion one day. It's interesting too because I started following Logan like back in his Vine days, Like he was one of the first people that got thrusted into Vine. And apparently he was really good in high school football and wrestling, like very competitive.
Speaker 2: I think they grew up.
Speaker 1: They grew up in Ohio, right, Yeah, so like a state that's all about wrestling in fucking football, and Logan was apparently really good in that stuff. And I didn't know much more outside of like him him claiming or stuff like that happening on Vine it times. But you can tell like he was a good athlete back in the day. I mean the dudes like the frog splash off the top buckle it onto a table landing that right, Like it's crazy watching them everybody kind of like perform and put on that kind of show.
Speaker 2: Uh, But that was that was that was cool.
Speaker 1: It was cool in Nissan Stadium, ended up finassing my way to the front row.
Speaker 2: Started off, started off far away.
Speaker 1: We were I mean, I feel like it's a flex saying I was in a suite, but it wasn't that great of an experience in the suite, Like you're very far away, You're trying to watch the TV and it's kind of like the timing is off with it. End up finessing getting all the way down to the front row.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: That was insane. Yeah, I would go to more. I would go to more. Well, what else Taylor going ghost on social media? Obviously training campus started. The boy I felt like was very quick to say his farewell on social media, like we got a month of the season, big dog, it's you know. But I've spoken with him, he said, the first forty eight hours, obviously you had some withdrawals. He wanted to really get back on. There's itching to get on the apps. But after that, he says he's been in a very good rhythm. He's been very efficient with his days. Wakes up his words, wakes up every day five thirty in the morning, gets over and gets his workout in before practice, and all that starts before meetings start, so he doesn't have to lift after practice.
Speaker 2: I mean that is a.
Speaker 1: Very good veteran move because you hate having the workout after practice because your legs are shot, you're tired, you're sweating, you don't want to change from your cleats to your shoes, and then go back in there and work out absolutely brutal. And then he says he's in bed, like in bed by eight o'clock, which sounds like love in the training camp world, because if you're back at the hotel or you're back chilling at like seven thirty or seven, that's a nice training camp day. I know Rabel's first year, Yeah, because I didn't really do training camp the second time I was here. The first year I was here, we didn't get out of training camp until like eight thirty. And I know some teams out there will keep you until like a thirty nine o'clock. I know with Washington, we would go first meeting would be at like seven in the morning or seven thirty in the morning, and then our last meeting wouldn't end until like nine thirty, nine thirty with snack time because we're in like the we're in like a hotel, we're like off site from the facility.
Speaker 2: But bro that entire day, like you would have a.
Speaker 1: Good like lunch break, you'd have like two hours once you got back to the hotel to.
Speaker 2: Kind of like eat.
Speaker 1: You would the move would be eat fast, or take your food upstairs, get in the Norman tech sleeves, those lakes leaves, those compression those compression recovery lake system deals, and uh, you would try to eat as fasts you can, and then you try and like fall asleep for like an hour. But if you're back, what's up? Uh is it two weeks or some more? It's it's up until like the third preseason game. Once you hit like the third preseason game is when you're kind of home free. That's where you would break camp and then we'd make our way back to ashburn. I feels in Washington, Tennessee's obviously they have everything like at their facility. They stay in like a hotel down the road.
Speaker 2: But yeah, dude, he's apparently been okay.
Speaker 1: He says it's going by fast because he doesn't have the phone to fucking distract him, which I think is an awesome thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just ready to see the boys play this season.
Speaker 1: And once Spootober hits, you know, the boy's gonna have a little bit of FOMO. The good news is for everybody that's listening, Taylor is going to be joined and busting with the boys every week on Mondays. I believe during the season to do the intro with us, to shout out no free shoutouts, to tear talk, having a good time, taking a little you know, I guess break from being twenty four to seven ball. However, he will say off social media the entire year. I think that's a big win that the boy will be on the bus, so everybody will get to still see the boy on the bus. Uh dude, big news coming out of Busting Busting HQ. It is currently Wednesday, tomorrow. The boys are traveling to Green Bay's training camp. This will be our first training camp busting Hard knocks boots on the ground. We're gonna be interviewing Lafleur, hopefully Baktyari, twelve Man. We're trying to get that interview with twelve. We're trying to get that interview with Aaron Rodgers. Obviously Rob Tanyan, this is his episode, so we did him right before, uh, right before he left for training camp here in Nashville. Then may be prest Smith. If we get prest Smith on Yeah, yeah, yeah about the task. Talked about the tat catch up on us since we play together in Washington. But yeah, I think we'll have a huge episode of Lafleur. But however, our first training camp some of the boys or going to training camp next year. I think that just kind of sets up like a training camp, some type of training camp. Name whether it's if we get Pisachi on, I just don't know. For he'll come on. Here's what's gonna happen, guys, if we get Pisachi on, I'm calling it now. He's gonna step on, He's gonna call me Johnny Carson. This is your fucking radio show, Like, what the where the fuck am I? He's just gonna talk shit and his go to moves are gonna be the radio show and Johnny Carson. So I'm just saying, I'm just calling it now.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Not a bad compliment at all, but just shows that he's old, he's long in the tooth. He's gonna be he's gonna repeat his jokes because those are those are those are his jokes when he whenever if he were to text me or whenever I was on the Raiders, last year, but going to Green Bay. We're fucking stoked about it. Maybe the boys, maybe we'll pop up at Titans training camp later on in the month. Maybe I'll hit a rave and see if we can shake something. Because then you you kind of have the concept of going to training camp with Green Bay. Now you take this concept and then try to rinse and repeat with whether. I mean, we have connects and Titans Atlanta. I'm sure we could get in Washington if we wanted to go to Washington, but Washington would be kind of tough because that's not they're not you have to That's a huge travel. It's a lot of travel right there in a short period of time. Like we're already in August fall, our fall schedule that's coming, that's coming out.
Speaker 2: I alluded to it a couple of days ago or.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend that we have, we're going to four college, college stadiums, college campuses. We're gonna host five Titans tailgates because obviously we're always for the boys. We started right here in Nashville, Tennessee. The Tennessee Titans are first love taylorwan Reill, we see, and then we're gonna host one watch party I believe the watch party, Garrett, have you been talking with act me at all?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we.
Speaker 1: Will be doing everything at ACME again this year, so you can look forward to the home opener against the Giants. We will be hosting a tailgate at ACME, feed and seed right off for some brought away right across from the water. You can see the stadium, the pedestrian walkway, we're right next to you. Come party with us on the rooftop, the second floor wherever we're set up, buying new merch, buying all this shit, and then we're gonna go have a good time as the boys with the Giants ass in week one. We can also confirm that the watch party is going to be against green Bay, right correct. Green Bay are at Tennessee at green Bay. It's a Thursday night game on November twenty seventh. Twenty seventh. That's gonna be confirmed. There's more up there that we're confirming right now. I don't want to give away our schedule too much because I'm sure we'll have a nice little fun graphic and then the college games we're gonna be going to is it looks like it sounds like what we are working on the home opener at Nebraska on September third, North Dakota at Nebraska. We're obviously gonna drag them across the center of the Earth and start off the season two and zero because we're gonna win over in Dublin against Northwestern against the Nerds.
Speaker 2: Then we are looking to go to.
Speaker 1: Obviously the bus and Bowl that's gonna be on November twelfth. You got it right here, Garrett, to where we can go in sequence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it right here.
Speaker 4: After Nebraska on September third, will be in Knoxville for trying to see Florida.
Speaker 1: Game Florida at Volunteers. Correct, that's on September twenty fourth, right, correct. Barstool Football Show will be there as well. That'll be a good time location to be determined about where we'll be parked at.
Speaker 2: What's after the Tennessee one.
Speaker 4: The next one is going to be Clemson at Notre Dame on eleven five.
Speaker 1: You know why that fires me up because I haven't planned one seed to be at that game, and well, I'm just saying that we're fucking we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be there. Yeah, some waist somehow really, Oh yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have a Shane come with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's the only seed I've planned. I reached out to Shane Gillis. I'm like, hey, what are you doing November fifth, Clemson at Notre Dame? Do you want to come with us? We're gonna get the bus out to Notre Dame somewhere somehow. We're gonna make it fucking happen. If anybody from Notre Dame's out there listening right now, help us out if you can, if you have any hook cups, you have any connects, places to go to. Obviously, we'll reach out to Michael Mayer, who's obviously a friend of the show now stud and see how well we can shake up there. Maybe we interview him again a couple of days before the game. But we're gonna some way, somehow, we're gonna get our asses out to Notre Dame for the Clemson at Notre Dame game prime time, and then the Bust and Bowl.
Speaker 4: And then the next week is the Bust and Bowls.
Speaker 1: Twelve in the Big House at Michigan Nebraska, Michigan, two undefeated teams going at it for the Battle of the Bus, the Bust and Bowl.
Speaker 2: As matter of fact, if we if we have verbal we have.
Speaker 1: Verbal commitments from every party, the head, coaches, the ads. We have to get ink on paper, our lawyer back there, Jack, it will be that same document we have to get ink on paper.
Speaker 2: But we have verbal commitments from everybody.
Speaker 1: That that we are declaring Nebraska versus Michigan for the next however many years, a Bust and.
Speaker 2: Bowl next eight years.
Speaker 1: Yes, if ready, trophy's not ready yet, but trophy is getting made. Trophy's been getting made for I don't know how long like people are ready to.
Speaker 2: Make this trophy for us.
Speaker 1: Now, if you think about it, we will be the first bowl game.
Speaker 2: We will be the start of bowl season. Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, Baby, Rivalry rivalry, rivalry, rivalry Week Comes, Early Comes Early. Bull season is starting mid November at the Bust and Bowl at Michigan. But those are the college games we're going to. Obviously, we will let you guys know about the tailgates. We're obviously gonna be repping the boys all year long. I do know for sure we are also doing a tailgate at the when the Raiders come to town.
Speaker 2: Raiders at TIDS. That's gonna be fucking massive.
Speaker 1: We're actually gonna partner with them with I got my like lisp going on. We're we're going to partner with the boys at uh Raider fan Radio, Raider fan Radio. Right, I didn't want to butcher Fan Raider Radio, Raider fan Radio. No disrespect boys, big swag, Jeff Swag, Swaggy Jeff Swag, Shout out the boys. We are going to be doing something to where hopefully we have the silver and black, the two tone.
Speaker 2: Blue, just everybody.
Speaker 1: Maybe there will be a fight, who knows, Yeah, hopefully we can only hope that there's a fight or something. But yeah, our Fault t Our fall schedule is getting put together. We are going to Now we're gonna jump into our shot out no free shot Out segment of the week, our favorite segment of the week, brought to you by Busting with the Boys, and then we're gonna jump into the Rob Tonyon episode. We interrupt this episode to shout out the boys at Duke Cannon, No free shoutouts boys. Their deodorant is made for guys to run hot. I've talked about it at length. The dry ice there. I don't know how many different formulas they have now, I think four. I've seen four different ones now, the navy blue cap is my favorite.
Speaker 2: But the dry ice.
Speaker 1: I'm a guy who sweats a lot, thank God, and I am sweating now in this humidity. Being on the bus. We grind dry ice. You are not sweating. It is like an AC unit under your pits all day long on high blast at its coldest. If you hit max AC and your Chevy Silverado, that is what is on your arm pits. It is a nice uh what is that sensation? Minty sensation like under your arm pits. It is probably the best way to describe it. For those dry ice there, big ass, they're big ass brick of soap. It also has a scrubber. The scrubber is a travel case. This shit is next level. Like if you guys use a scrunchy, look no further, dude, Cannon's got your back their case.
Speaker 2: It's like a loofa. It's like a traveling loofa.
Speaker 1: You got in its little loofa case, dude, and you don't have to use your loofa anymore.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I will experiment every now and then I'll rub the biggest brick of soap just on my body and like the main spots and then I'll take my loof and rub it all around. Obviously, travel in the Green Bay this week. I will be taking that travel case with me because you can use it anywhere. Biggest brick of soap. Just pop in your rubb bag and you're ready to go. Their Colone, their sandal wood in my favorite. They now have it in spray. They might have had it the entire time I had, like the little pocket spray.
Speaker 2: And then also they're a hard.
Speaker 1: Cologne where you just rub on your neck and everything else, but the sandalwood is my favorite. Check Out Duke Cannon at any Target or go to Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting for fifteen percent off your first order.
Speaker 2: Now, I do not know. I would love to see if this works.
Speaker 1: Go to Target, buy Duke Cannon, and when you're checking out, just say hey, I got this code busting for fifteen percent off and see if that works. If it doesn't, just say hey, take that out of my cart. I'll just go on Duke Cannon dot com and use the code on their website and then obviously check out after that, tell them that they hit, tell them to have a great day and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: But the boys got your back back to the episode.
Speaker 1: Now we are diving into our shout out, no free shot out segment of the week. BLOSSI would absolutely love to start it off. He starts us off fast each and every week. Let's fucking hear a Blossy all right.
Speaker 5: My shout out, no free shout out of the week goes to somebody who accounts for two thousand of the forty nine ers off of yards the forty.
Speaker 2: Nine ers personal hype man, dude.
Speaker 5: All right, somebody who's gonna be crucial to Trey Lance's development this year, and that is Deebo Samuel. My shoutout, no free shoutout goes to Deebo Samuel for secure in the Bag.
Speaker 2: That's a round of applause. Can we get some more energy, Jack? Can we get some energy?
Speaker 1: You always got a shout out when the when the boys get paid, dude, Like, obviously, JP's fired up because because he's a game cock. Bloss was fired up because he's a niner. But we're fired up because he's a fucking boy, dude, and he just secured the bag. What was it, three year, seventy eight million up to seventy eight eighty eight guarantees fifty eight and a half guarantee. Like, that's fucking awesome, dude, bloss very predictable shout out. We're gonna move on to our number two, our whole, our two hoole slot.
Speaker 2: Jack McPherson, what do you got for us? Jack?
Speaker 6: My shout out, no free shout of the week goes to the post gym endorphin rush, when the dopamine hits after you just grinded in the iron paradise and you thought you weren't gonna make it, and then you're on the drive home and you go, Damn, today's actual gonna be a lot better than I thought it was. And I don't know something about just leaving the gym after you've just that sweat equity has just like been put in and it is the beautiful thing to me, and I'll never take it for granted ever in my life. I can't wait to get to the gym later and just absolutely destroy myself so I can ride home, windows down, good song playing on the radio, just enjoy the rest of my diggs.
Speaker 7: I know I put in that work, sweat equity.
Speaker 2: That's fucking good, bro.
Speaker 1: That one fired me up because you're right, like especially when you have a hard leg day, it's in the middle of that leg day, you're ready to fucking kill yourself.
Speaker 2: What am I doing right now? But let me just push through these this last set, these last two sets.
Speaker 1: And when you do and you're right whenever you're driving home and you're kind of your legs are shaking like a dog shined piecies like you're fucking like ready to go. You know what I'm saying. Jp you can barely hold yourself up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was I've never heard that before. That was good though, shut out my dad, all right.
Speaker 3: My shout out, no free shoutout of the week goes to when you're turning left at a red light. All right, I guess it's a green light about to turn red whatever, and somebody's somebody is crossing the street and you're waiting for them, and then they look up and they see you, and they give you a light. Jog to get further across, to speed it up across the crosswalks, he can go to. My shoutout goes to those people that jog across the crosswalks. I am one of those people, and it bothers me when I'm with people and I jog and they don't jog with me. I'm like, yeah, I show some respect, right the driver.
Speaker 1: And you're kind of like separated from a little bit and you're like, okay, you look back.
Speaker 2: Am I looking super right?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Are y'all looking stupid? We know y'all look stupid. Yeah, that's a good one. Get all right.
Speaker 4: My shout out, no free shout out is gonna go to all the fans that buy merch. We just put the pocket tea back up and we got a little note from h Q that Will's tweet put a little bump in those sales.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately the shout out half the tweet gotta bump in the sales.
Speaker 4: Gotta bump in the sales. So shout out no free shout out to the fans and those rider dies on Will's twitter.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's go boys. When when do I do that? I haven't heard that one. And then everybody comes up, all right, we'll do that next time. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: But the last time we did we did a team break, I felt like the vibes were fully there. Remember we had the shot we were excited about.
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 1: Two hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube, and we kind of did a cheer and then we broke it down. Oh yeah, being number one on the charts and we broke it down. I felt like, you think, so nobody put it on Nobody, We didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't clip. It wasn't good enough to clip.
Speaker 1: If the energy is high, then it's usually probably good enough to clip. But I fuck with what you said. So we'll get into that next time. We can do that, or you can lead it next time. All right, Uh oh, it's me hey, but you're right. Our pocket teaser back. Those were the best sellers in twenty twenty one. We have is it color waves or ways? A lot of different color ways, a lot of different color ways, and it really is our it's our best selling tea.
Speaker 2: It's good to have it back.
Speaker 1: There's been a long legal process that just went into this thing. Anheuser Busch. They came after us, came after as hard. However, we learned that it was just somebody that went rogue in the office. Some new somebody knew that went rogue in the office, some inturned somebody knew on the job out of New York. They don't really understand, right, Yeah, yeah, he has been fired since the Grim Reaper Kime and got him. But uh, you don't really understand the culture that's going on that everybody else from anheuser bush. That reach out was like, hey, we'll get this thing figured out, We'll get this thing solved. Obviously, Daler and Heart Junior, let's just give a random shout out to him. I don't know if he did much, however, it's fun to just shout out Daler and Hart Jr. For all the work he does for Budweiser. But our pocket teas are back. It's a fire shout out. I'm excited about it. And yes, so if you're watching this right now, take a moment.
Speaker 2: Store it up.
Speaker 1: Oarstool sports dot com forward slash Busting with the Boys. That is our merch store. Go buy up all the merch we You know, I can confidently say like we're we're doing well, We're doing well. Yeah, we're number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to be homele but JP like fires me up at times, like we're number one, we have the best merchandise bar none. H my shout out, no free shout out. Change up the paste a little bit. Ever since I've gotten these new teeth, obviously, my mouth is a lot fuller, no pause, so there's a lot less space that go on in between my teeth. The boy, as we all know, I've been on I've been on tape plenty of times. People love to tweet pictures.
Speaker 2: Of me eating. Uh, there's videos of me eating ordering food.
Speaker 1: However, you guys want to fucking make fun of me and drag me down and make me feel bad about.
Speaker 2: Myself to where I have to get therapy. I do eat.
Speaker 1: The boy loves to eat, and I get a lot of stuff in my teeth. Now with that, I have a new love for toothpicks. My shot out, no free shot out of the week is gonna go to toothpicks, because if you looked at my mouth before, I have small teeth. I have like smaller teeth that I replaced the top eight with obviously bigger, gorgeous pearly whites.
Speaker 2: My wisdom teeth.
Speaker 1: I've had a mouth to where I don't have to take out my wisdom teeth, so I have the molars and the wisdom teeth back in the back, so I get a lot of food back there, and I legitimately enjoy having teeth caught.
Speaker 2: In my food.
Speaker 1: Back there my tongue, do you guys, you guys ever noticed you guys ever noticed me like if I'm whether I'm thinking or focus or something like, my tongue is always kind of like working.
Speaker 2: So like when I have.
Speaker 1: Sean Watson got six games, my tongue is always working. So whenever I get teeth, I'm literally battling my teeth with my tongue all the time. I always have to ask the waiter, the waitress, hey, you guys have toothpicks, Like I always go back in the pantry and enjoy. Like you know how, by the way, shut out the Anis pot. If you haven't watched, go watch the Anis podcast that I did with Nick and KB.
Speaker 2: That was hilarious.
Speaker 1: But you know how Nick explains the toothpick or the Q tips the Q tips in his ears, I like, it's like sex for him, dude, I enjoy digging in with a uh with a toothpick.
Speaker 2: I'm getting que tips toothpick.
Speaker 1: So my shout out, no for shotout goes to goes to toothpicks. Yeah, that's a good pool. That's a good pool. Those are usually at restaurants. As a matter of fact, I think I need to go on Amazon and check that out.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I have another free shot out that I thought about doing. I'll save it just because we got to get into this.
Speaker 2: Uh. Rob Tonyan episode. The Rob Tonyan episode was great. Rob.
Speaker 1: He's a friend of the show, he's a boy, he's all time. We had him on last year with myself and George Kittle. That episode was a lot of fun. We talked a lot about the mental side. George and Rob are very much in tune with like awareness of the mental side, mental performance, getting being optimal every day. Rob went through a year last year not having the most receptions in the world. To start off the year, there's a lot of articles being written about US production. He starts to uptick and then he tears his ACL and as we all know, following Taylor along his ACL journey, that can bring you to like new lows because you're like in it, You're you kind of feel alienated from the team.
Speaker 2: You're rehabbing on your own all the time. You have a lot of ebbs and flows.
Speaker 1: Blossy, who's torn his knee, can probably talk and attest to that as well, working through the rehab of that whole thing, and so he talks a lot about his mental journey, struggles, successes with tearing, his acl his new perspective on thinking, Like what was he talking about, Like he's glad it happened because it kind of he was able to step back and kind of look at it from like a zoomed out lens. He talks a lot about how that that mental side went into He was a restricted free agent last year who went into a contract year, so that obviously sucks for anybody going through an injury going into their contract year. So he talks a little bit about the negotiation side with the Packers. He talks about getting over the humping Green Bay like things that he saw from a different lens, being somebody who is out on ir seeing the boys sing the locker room every day, seeing the boys going into the playoffs. From it, it's like a different perspective when you're injured and looking at it from the outside and you're not in it. You're not in the box anymore of that grind. So he talks about what he thinks there. We have some fun with Aaron Rodgers' new tattoo. Our tear talk is Sandwiches phenomenal tear talk that I think you guys will enjoy and I will. I do want to say, Jack, you were shouting out that local spot earlier, but I want to I want to say, if I did it again, Penn Station would make its way in. I've had pen Station twice. Now there's one over in like the Bellevue area of town, and Penn Station is fire. I've only had it twice, so I won't go into like claiming it there, but I would definitely. Now that I've had it, I have a new respect for Penn Station, so so pat shut out Penn Station though free shoutouts. Now enjoy the episode with robbed Tonyon from the Green Bay Packers. Big hugs, tiny kisses. Are you excited to be back on the bus. I'm so excited. Why are you all of a sudden talking a little bit comber and quieter. You're just kind of fired out with the vice before we started the pot And.
Speaker 8: Now I gotta lock in because now I'm thinking about the sandwiches because I haven't even you got.
Speaker 1: Time that we'll bring it back up in it. But I'm really to where it's like a conversation. Yeah no, no, but I'm really thinking now because I don't know, the good thing Jack does is Jack in the back. He will pull up all the night. He will pull up the national chain so we'll be able to see him. Yeah, you won't just have to think. You won't just have to go off the top. Yeah, Jack from the back legs. I just learned about that when I moved here.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm telling you, people are spreading the good word. I know, ten station two, Okay, I'm back.
Speaker 1: All right, Well let's get into like let's talk about, you know, all the good stuff that's catching up with you, Like, what's new with you?
Speaker 2: You just to you tore your acl How's everything going? How you feeling?
Speaker 8: He said, let's talk about everything good, no rehab. So I'm about eight months out, Yeah, from surgery. I feel great.
Speaker 2: Do you feel great?
Speaker 8: Like I actually feel like great, Like.
Speaker 2: Like you hear all the horror stories and you're thinking.
Speaker 8: Honestly, you know, you hear the Adrian Peterson story and then you hear like what he like, what the problems were after that? Like he had the great season, but after that he had like multiple surgeries. You know, the career kind of died out from there because you know, he went for the rushing title and stuff like that. And then like you said, you hear the horror stories, so you hear both. But for me, it was honestly just sticking with my process and worrying about like me and bettering myself physically, mentally, spiritually all that, and it kind of helped me on and off the field, like with everything across the board, like truly like becoming like not only a better football player from it, but like a better man. Like I got to step back from football like during this time, uh kind of just see how my value was missed at certain aspects and like where I could be better at and on and off the field, Like I'll keep probably saying that because I really got to I masked a lot of things with football, Like I was really like hurting in a lot of areas mentally and whatever. But like to talk about I mean, just like you know, off the field, just you know, like internally, like you know, you think you're you're a lot more you know, worthy of certain things than you are at the time, but like everything comes with like divine timing, and I truly believe in that, like you know, whether it's a contract or stats or you know, you know, a marriage or whatever you think it is like a big house, you know, whatever you think anyone's goals are or you know, your imagination and like desires, like everything is gonna come with divine time and if you just like worry about the now in the present, And it really made me present in which like I don't even know how to explain it, but I really got to just take football out of the equation for a little bit, yeah, and really just live a life where I had to face.
Speaker 2: Out of football reality. And I feel like that's what I needed.
Speaker 8: And now I didn't At the time, You're like, yeah, you know, why is this happening whatever, But it really took me like a shorter than I expected to realize that this is for a reason. You got to see a lot of things happen with football, like you know, DeVante leaving. You got to see you know, our defensive guys get paid, and it's like it's just not my time yet. You know, if I keep, you know, worrying about me bettering myself on the field off the field, that stuff's gonna come.
Speaker 2: And I just didn't.
Speaker 8: I was getting ahead of myself a little bit, and I did such a good job in twenty twenty with living in the present, had great season whatever, and then you get into twenty twenty one, and you know, maybe I was a little ahead of myself now that I look back on it, but I really believe that everything truly happens for a reason, and something's so simple for me, Like it wasn't like a gruesome like you know, it was just a plain acl and I just got to really just you know, it is like a you know, a season ending, but you know you come back stronger from it, like across the board, like I said, mentally, physically, spiritually.
Speaker 2: The rest of your body's getting healed up too.
Speaker 8: Right, And I, like I said, I got to really just take football out of the equation and just start from like ground zero.
Speaker 1: So correct me if I'm wrong. But like, listen to you and you talk about like getting ahead of yourself. Obviously you came out of twenty twenty you're like we were obviously last year we're talking about you being a Pro Bowl snub, Like you had a hell of a year and you're going to twenty twenty one. You signed a restricted you were a restricted free agent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you get signed to a one year tender.
Speaker 1: So an athlete. It's a hungry athlete competitor's mind. Yeah, it's like it's bag year, it's contract here and everything else. Right, you get to where you tear your knee and everything else. It seems like, uh, you get when you talked about Davante and then guys on the defense getting paid, it seems like as all of us do, every athlete, we all do this.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You sit there and you get caught up comparing yourself to everybody else, like life, looking at everybody else's pocket, to where you're like, this is what's gonna be. This was supposed to be my ear, to where you kind of get angry. Yeah, so you were kind of saying that that process didn't last really long for you to kind of check yourself in your life.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 8: It wasn't more so like quote unquote like pocket watching for me. It was more so like, you know, I come and I had a great season twenty twenty. You know, twelve touchdowns lead the league.
Speaker 1: You know, you like to you like seeing as the dude who has a shitload of fun on the field.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I was, But then like I wasn't at the beginning of the year because you know, like you know, our tackles were down. You know, I'm doing a lot of blocking and chipping, which is fine, you know, that's football, but you know, like I'm I wasn't being you know, you how I was the last year and you know, we're winning games, so I don't care, like, you know, like my ego wasn't hurting, you know, via that it was more so I'm like, you know, all these guys are keep like progressing, and then like you know, my quote unquote like production on the you know field wasn't there, but like I'm becoming a better block and becoming a better football player. But then you hear like outside noises like oh, he's like going down, He's going down. Yeah, and then you know, and then I hit like a three game stretch like before my injury where I started taking off again. I'm like, oh, hell yeah, like I'm really turning up right now right, And then that happened. So that's why I was like more like damn, I was just hitting, like I was just getting over that like pump of like down on myself, and then I started going and then I like hit another thing. So that's why I was like I feel like I was just getting a little ahead of myself. But then it just reminded me that I really have to just do this for myself. You know, you're not gonna like the validation from an outside external source is so like fake. You know, I score, I led the league or tiede trave with you know, eleven twelve touchdowns twenty twenty. You know they're gonna rate me the nineteenth best tight end so like for a walk, right yeah, And that's what I'm saying, is like you can't do stuff for external sources or proving external people wrong. It's like I'm just gonna continue to focus on me, my growth, my process, and take care of my family.
Speaker 2: Right because that's all to me what I want to do.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be a superstar, Like I can't go out because like there's cameras all on me, Like that's not the life I want to live.
Speaker 2: I really just want to Like.
Speaker 8: Do I want to be that type of person on the field, Hell yeah, But like also I just want to take care of my family and live that type of life and just.
Speaker 1: Be like isn't it hard to not get caught up in some of that though? When it is when you had external you see articles, and then when you get in the season, it's like when you're in the off season, you realize, like you.
Speaker 2: Whether you're take a vacation.
Speaker 1: Right after the season, you get back in your process of training and you look back at the season, you realize how small things were, but how big they were in your mind at the time because they're in football season. Conscious, Yeah, the NFL is like the hottest show on TV for an extended period of time.
Speaker 2: Like the NFL is everything to some people.
Speaker 1: So it's and then when you're like you're playing well and whether or not you're looking for articles on yourself or whatnot, Like it's hard to not see a lot of things, especially being on social media. You might not even be looking for it, but you'll be tagged in some bullshit or just tagged and stuff, and you might go down a wormhole for a second. But it's hard not to get caught up sometimes in that fast lane.
Speaker 8: That's just like everyone has an ego, like everyone you you know, you can even if someone's like not an egotistical person or not ego driven, like everyone has an ego, And sometimes it's just subconsciously getting hit and you don't even know until like there's like an out like an outburst or something like big dramatic happens. But yeah, I agree with you when you say that, like things just come to you and that comes with the job though, Like like NFL football player, like you're constantly like every Sunday, it's that's everything to everyone, Like yeah, ninety percent of the people are watching football on Sundays, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: Our lives are revolved around us.
Speaker 8: Right, you know what I mean, like fantasy football, Like you know, like you're saying like you don't want to come across people, but it's like you like it's funny because you know, you get like those tweets that you're like you suck one catch for five yards. It's like, dude, I ran three routes and Devonte had twenty two catches for two hundred yards and four touchdowns, like and we won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be one of those guys on his Twitter this year like come on, man, one catch five yards? Yeah, but go ahead and finish. Gohe finish because I just thought.
Speaker 2: I just think.
Speaker 8: Overall, like last season, like I truly like grew so much and like I'm thankful that that happened. I truly am, because if I go the whole season being healthy and all that happens, and I'm up for a big contract, am I even in Green Bay, you never know, And like with a good quarterback a great defense, like those are the things that like I want on a team, like in a super Bowl team, like you have a one of the best, if not the best quarterback of all time as your quarterback, and we have a bunch of people coming back on defense and then some and then we don't have a number one receiver anymore.
Speaker 2: Like that's what I want.
Speaker 8: That's the pressure I want to put on myself because I want to be that guy. And I grew so much and like even mentally, like I'm not scared to come back, like I'm almost and I'm not like over eager to come back. I'm just like smiling internally because I'm like, you know, some people forgot.
Speaker 2: Talk too about I mean, but and not even in when he said that I didn't know what he was gonna say.
Speaker 8: And not even in like a you know, That's why I don't like come like, I don't like talk like off field, I don't do social media as much like I don't like like this is all I Like, I'll come on and like hang with you guys and do all this stuff. But I'm not gonna come on and like talk this that because that's not who I'm about. Like I really just like go on the field, like you said, like I have fun on the field and don't talk shit off the field. I'll like talk shit on the field and have fun because that's like the whole point of a competitive nature. Like right, Like I'm super competitive. I love having a good time. Like shit talking back and forth is not personal. That's like part of the game, right, And that's why I know a lot of these guys off the field and it's not like a like a buddy buddy thing, but like on the field, like people are really trying to feed their kids and you know, put a roof over people's heads like this is all they have, Like all my marbles are in this basket, Like this is what I have, Like this is how I want to take care of my family, my future family, like generations, Like I'm putting all my marbles into this so for me, like I'm gonna have like the best time doing it, like on the field, and just like take care of business off the field, like quietly and to myself, but like on the field, like I'm definitely gonna show I'm having a good time. This is like I always laugh because like when I score a touchdown or like I'm wilding on the field. The first thing I think about is like all my high school boys watching, oh for real, yeah, like they're like you know, like even in college, like they were like, you know, what are you gonna do in the end zone. I'm like, you tell me, Like you guys are watching like this is this is USA, and it's fun because like I'm really like out there, like like not only for myself, like you know, wilding for the boys, but uh like yeah, for the family, like like my mom is like laughing and stuff, like my dad's you know, so proud.
Speaker 2: Like enjoy playing the game, I really do, but enjoy the fact that you get to like this is yeah.
Speaker 8: And I don't even like the like I don't like the like when people say like this guy plays for this reason, Like I really just enjoy playing for my family's experience too, Like my dad, like this dude's a you know, a sports fan growing up, has lived on the same street his whole life. He brought you know, a house two houses up from his parents, and that's the house I grew up in. Like he's gone to the same job since he's been sixteen years old, like the company, Like he's been grinding, you know for forty fifty years at the same wake up five point thirty, go to work, come right back, like the same path, and for me to be able to be a spark or like a different light or like a getaway for him, like he can just come up and go to all my games. He like doesn't miss games cause like but that's just like I'm trying not work him. Yeah, I'm not trying to outwork anyone in the league. I know everyone's working hard, but no one's working hard like I know really who's working hard. And that's like my dad. I'm really trying to out work that man and make like him believe like like that dude works. Like I'm really trying to outwork my dad more than anything, because he's done the same thing every day, one way, come right back, the same.
Speaker 2: Street, wake up. He's well, he's literally has woke up.
Speaker 8: On the same street his whole life and gone to the same business, same same shop and come right back home, same time every day for fifty something years.
Speaker 1: What a legend, dude. We need to get those hoodies. By the way, Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I do want to ask, like I really enjoy your perspective everybody who listened to the first episode and for everybody tune in and go listen to George kittle ropt on you.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 1: We said on the bus you have a You're definitely somebody who like works on your mental side a lot. And so I'm gonna start with this question because I want to come back to the to uh like that mental side of working in our stuff and developing and you you you're thankful for what happened this past year, and I kind of want to talk about how you were speaking on last year's pod, But what I wanted to say is like I really enjoy listening to your perspective on it all.
Speaker 2: Like you kind of zoom out and take like a zoomed out approach.
Speaker 1: When things do happen to you or why you do it, and talk about your dad and your friends and the fun you have, but you can also feel the chip that you kind of keep on your shoulder, Like like I see it like looking at you, you kind of feel like that energy of like when you say, like mother, like people forgot you can feel that chip. Where do you feel like you got that chip outside of obviously seeing your seeing your dad work as you grew up. Do you feel like it comes from your undrafted background? Like where do you feel like you've developed this this ship that you also speak with while having the perspective on everything.
Speaker 2: I just got the chills, by the way.
Speaker 8: I just think, to be honest, I've just always kind of had it by coming from a small school under recruited as a quarterback in high school.
Speaker 2: I did see you went to Indiana State.
Speaker 8: You know, and then I go to Indiana State, you know kind of just did you know the coach changed like right after Like I went to Indiana State for this coach, Trent Miles, Like like he was like a you know, a MF for like tough, and that's how my dad was and that's like the type of coach I like, you.
Speaker 2: Need to be like dominated chill.
Speaker 8: But I just but I just think I just like being held accountable, like I love when but like out of like out of love and like winning not just because like the coach has an ego or like just because he wants to like be little soone. No, he's like I'm trying to make a man out of you. Like that's what I got, And like, you know, I didn't like really do it for like the name on my back per se. But like you know, we were a you know, a German immigrant family. We came in and we just started that fam like the family business. You know, like it was just like whatever you want or whatever you picture, what do you perceive your life to be, Like, you gotta go do it. So like that's kind of where the chip came for me. Is like I kept being like you know, under recruited. Then I go to Indiana State, you know, the coach change, the new coaching staff comes in. You know, I was a backup quarterback. The start went down. I played a little bit. I was I was not ready for my opportunity because I was comparing I'm like I should be starting YadA YadA. Started goes down. I come in. I'm not ready. So then they're like, you know he's coming back, the older guy's coming back after injury, and I'm like I'm like done with the quarterback. I just want to play football. I'm like sick of like all like the nuances of like you know, the politics and all that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, just put me at a receiver and let me just go play football.
Speaker 8: And then I go, you know, set the records at receiver for you know, the three years I played receiver, you know, most touchdowns in a season, most touchdowns, career, second yards, second to most yards whatever.
Speaker 2: And then you know, you.
Speaker 8: Go into the draft process and then it's like I'm continuing to grow. I'm a white dude. I'm like, I'm gonna go play tight end. Like, let's be honest, like everyone's trying to play receiver.
Speaker 1: In the end.
Speaker 2: That awareness, you gotta have that awareness.
Speaker 8: But like everyone's trying to play receiver in the NFL, I mean, and the athleticism didn't lack. You know, I was running a four to four at two twenty five, six foot four, like I built that I built, you know, I was built for it and stuff like that. But like coming out of Indiana State, like you're not gonna get that opportunity, but I knew that, you know, I wanted to play, like I want to play football, Like I love the everything that comes with football. So like the blocking aspect was just gonna be effort. I can go run routes on safeties and linebackers all day whatever. But like a lot of the time it was just like do you have the will and want to like contact and physical and I'm like yeah. Like so when that process was going on, you know, I thought I was gonna get you know, drafted in the later rounds we all did.
Speaker 1: Brother, yeah, but like you know, like the teams that I was like seventh, but like you go.
Speaker 8: To like all these like combines and protece, Like I went to the north I did my prote at Northwestern and like killed it, like better than the Northwestern guys. Yeah, and then you know, then you go into the draft and you see all these guys go off and YadA YadA, yeah, and then you go Then I go to Detroit undrafted and they had a fourth round pick. They had a couple of free agents here and there there they were bringing in, and I was getting like two reps at practice. But then I'd like when inside run would come, I would go down to the one on once and then just like tear it up, like go down the receivers and just tear up the DBS, you know, the second round draft pick like whatever, and.
Speaker 2: This is in training camp of your rookie year week.
Speaker 8: In Detroit, and then like you know, everyone was like kind of like banged up. So then like you know, I was doing seven. I was Stafford and like I'm doing well, like and I'd get in the games, like I had never blocked anyone with my hand in the dirt until a preseason game, like not even in practice, like I was like holding the pad and whatever, and then they would just throw my ass in the fucking game. And I was like assholes, Yeah, but I And then they told me that, you know, they told me right from the beginning, like the GM brought me in said from the beginning, you're not gonna make the fifty three. You're gonna be our practice squad tight end. We're just gonna like develop you. Cuts came, they told me the same thing, coming tomorrow, sign your practice squad contract.
Speaker 2: I come in. They even they even had me pick my number.
Speaker 8: I go up there and they're like, hey, we don't have any more practice squad spots for you, no way, like they really like I even picked my number eighty four. I remember, Oh, they kept me in a room for like an hour before they no, no, no, they were making sure I didn't sign anywhere else. So then I game bro. So then I come out and they whatever ship. I packed my locker, I packed my car up, drove right to Chicago and hung out with my friends, ate a bunch of Popeyes, and just like I remember that, I like remember I just like went to my like college buddy's house, and I just like decompressed, and I was just like I really just like understood like the NFL is like a business and not a fucking game, like no one gives a fuck. And then I went on a bunch of like, uh workouts, like I was a workout warrior. That's how I met my boy Skit ski Elis. Like we were we were like we're the two We're the two boys like that were like, you know, cold.
Speaker 2: New Orleans, you get the workouts together.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, And you know I was going and everyone said, like, you know, off season, once the next off season comes, like once the next off season comes, like we want to sign new to a futures And so I just kept going on workouts, kept going on workouts, and uh then eventually in like December.
Speaker 2: That's where went to the Green Bay workout, killed it.
Speaker 8: I went to the players lounge like took a nap and I woke up and like I like slept past my flight like back home, like.
Speaker 2: No one came and got me. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So then I come in and I'm like, hey, like, is anyone gonna like take me to the airport? Like I didn't know, And they're like, oh no, we're signing you with the practice squad. I'm like, also, no one's gonna tell me, like when I just sitting here, just.
Speaker 2: Like jumped half of the scout right in front of you, right.
Speaker 8: And I was just like chilling. But yeah, and then that was like the rest is history, Like you finished up that, you finished out the season. Yeah, it was like four weeks. They did end up not making the playoffs. Well, we end up not making the playoffs. It was December, so I would say like four weeks I was on practice squad and it was like so lame. I was like, you really just practiced the whole week and then don't go play in the games.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm never doing this again. You didn't know that about practice squad? No.
Speaker 1: I just was like I was like, like, you know, I thought. I was been like happy, like hey man, like I'm a part of the team. I was like, no, I want to be playing in the game. Oh, bro, practice squad is brutal and.
Speaker 2: I only did it for four weeks. Yeah, how old or what year was this when you came into the league rookie?
Speaker 8: That was like later that year? Was that two thousand and seventeen, I believe?
Speaker 1: So what were they at ten guys on the practice squad at that point? Yeah, bro, So my rookie ear, I think was the last year for it. We had eight on our practice squad at Washington and I had to do linebacker, tight end.
Speaker 2: Full back just the entire day. Like I hated.
Speaker 1: I hated my rookie year. As far as being on practice squad, it was brutal. I'll go home and play this Grand Theft out of online and then dread waking up the next day. And then on Saturday they would have the practice squad guys come in at six in the morning to do a workout. I'm talking like a grindy workout, bro. So that way, you know, not obviously you got like the next few days off, but but I think squad it's a.
Speaker 8: Different and I think that's just like going back to the original before I ran out. Sorry, but like the chip is just like I was just always felt like I was undervalued and appreciated. Like I'm like, and people don't know slash, don't care what you're really doing behind the scenes unless it affects them. And I'm like, well, I got to make sure that they know, like when my opportunity, Like like I said in college, I wasn't ready for an opportunity, but like when my opportunity comes this time.
Speaker 2: Like I'm gonna be ready.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And that's why the next year I made the fifty three, they like kept they cut the full back, they kept four tight ends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I was on the team ever since. Oh that's juicy, bro.
Speaker 1: When you say the undervalue underappreciated, do you feel like that plays into when you're going through and getting ahead of yourself this past year.
Speaker 2: Because I would.
Speaker 1: I think that's when you're when you're the man, uh coming off of a year again that you had in twenty twenty, like like and being an undrafted cat, like you feel like you've paid your decon, You've built your rescume to a point to where it was about the you know, you sign the you sign the restricted tender and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you get injured.
Speaker 1: I would assume that negotiating in your the contract and all that stuff doesn't play out the way you want. I'm not talking greed and all that stuff. Pro I'm saying, do you feel like that that subconscious in the back of your mind, if feeling undervalued and under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's what. Yeah, that's one hundred percent where I think.
Speaker 8: That's where I again like got ahead of myself because I was just like, you know, how much more do I have to prove?
Speaker 1: But again, they don't have to pay you. I know, man, they don't have to which sucks. But like when you get it, you you're you're at peace with it.
Speaker 8: But yeah, and that's why like even like I just think also the chip comes with like never being satisfied, like and I think that's a good thing. It is, like I probably won't ever be satisfic because I don't do it for money, like I really don't. Like again, like you see me out there, like I really just have a good time like being out there. Like I think it's so cool that like only a few type you know a few types of like men in this world can get their ass kicked beat up and in six days do it again for twenty something weeks. Like that is like psychologically you have to be like borderline like nuts and.
Speaker 1: Then prepare for it all year round just to have those same twenty opportunities.
Speaker 8: Right, And I just like really was like it was just good to like really sit back and understand, like why I'm doing this again instead of getting ahead of and being like, you know, like fuck this, like I should be doing this.
Speaker 2: But I understood the reality of.
Speaker 8: It, but I was still like like what the fuck, Like why right, Like what else do I have to do? Like I got there, you know, accidentally lead the league in touchdowns at tight end, Like it was a complete accident.
Speaker 2: Like I wasn't getting game plan to get the football.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, Like I wasn't, you know, I had fifty nine targets and fifty two catches like like I wasn't getting targeted. It was just like coming to me and like and that was the thing, Like, but I was busting my ass for the opportunity that I was going to be ready and you know, and that was the thing.
Speaker 2: Is like.
Speaker 8: A lot of the difference in this league is just opportunity. And that's what it was so humbling to me.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 8: It's just not your turn, it's not your time, and that's okay. Like I just, like you were saying, like I really get to step back and just observe, and I'm good at that. Like I got better at that now, Like I feel like it doesn't take an injury for me to do that any situation in my life. I can really just like, like dude, I get anxiety before like going out because I just don't like a lot of people that I don't know. Yeah, but now I get to just step back and be like why do I feel that way?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Am I nervous about that? Or you know, like just changing your perspective on a lot of things and it just really, you know, made my mental stronger. And like you're saying, just like I get to view and like control a lot of perspective stuff just by training your mind and going through adversity instead of like hiding from it, like just going right at it. And I think I got really good at that. And I thought I was good at it before and then like more stuff happened, you know, on and off the field, and I'm just continuing to grow. And that's why I'm like smiling internally because I'm like I can't wait because I don't give a fuck anymore. Like I don't like, like you can't kill what's already dead. Yeah, Like, dude, I've been dead inside, like I thought, Like I was, like I think I've told you this before, Like I thought I was in hell, like you know, tearing my thought I was gonna get cut by the packers coming back and then having the twenty twenty season, I thought I was dead inside then No, like like I truly do not give a fuck anymore.
Speaker 1: And that's why I can't wait, as like it's like a superhero origin story going on.
Speaker 2: But like you like, but it's good that you have that because it's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard to and you you know, like we're we're in the locker rooms with all the boys, Like everybody's kind of got that about them where they can't like release their ego from it or separate the front because they're so emotionally attached to it. I would assume that you were frustrated probably with your negotiation.
Speaker 8: It wasn't even like the negotiation I think I was more frustrated with just like the like at the beginning of last year, it was just the opportunity, and I just like wasn't understanding at the time.
Speaker 2: Clearly what like you know, the timing aspect of timing and how much probably you wrapped up in the identity of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: You know, like it was like you know, like like I wanted to be you know, out there, like you know, getting a touchdown a game again, and I wanted to be like showcasing my talents and like what I've like worked so hard, like I work on like my like craft like so much. I work on my negatives. I work, I work on my weaknesses, and I just wanted to show that. But like at the time, my weaknesses like were like blocking before that, but I was starting to do good at blocking, but I was getting kind of caught up in the you know.
Speaker 1: The fancy football side of it and not fantasy football, actual fantasy football.
Speaker 2: But like in our head. Yeah, like you get caught up.
Speaker 8: But then you like but like I'd feel like, you know, I didn't do anything, you know, one catch for seven yards and you like whatever, You're like, fuck man, I turned on the film and I'm like, damn, I'm really getting after it, like but I couldn't like at the time, like it was just a lot of shit going on, and like I said, like on and off the field, like there's just so much shit that I was just trying to like whatever. And I just like I started kind of like reading more into like Kobe Bryant stuff lately, and like I think we've talked about this, but like George helped me out with this a while ago. Was kind of like your alter ego, just like when you step on like the football field, like you have an identity that just like is different, and like all that stuff is just off. And in twenty twenty I was so good at it, Like I was so good in twenty twenty one, I was just like more like not like victimizing myself, but more like, fuck, it could.
Speaker 2: Be way better, like YadA YadA, and then.
Speaker 1: Started placing yourself on the like I know for me when I was like playing better or getting into my fourth fifth year stuff like that, like you feel like you've worked so fucking hard right, earn certain respects and everything else that if I look back on it, like some you start believing some of your own bullshit in your head, or like putting my own self on a certain pedestal. And if I wasn't getting X amount of tackles a game, like you're saying with catches, like even if I might have played well in a role spot or in a role opportunity, I'm not seeing it that way because I feel like I'm I like, there's some dude that I should be getting that wasn't happening for me.
Speaker 8: And my goal is to become a complete football player, and that's what was happening, and I wasn't even like present and realizing it. And that's why, like I got to step back and be like, dude, I got better at that, and like I did the you know, the the X amount of touchdowns in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, I was, you know, becoming a like a good blocker, and like now I got to sit back and be like, oh, and now this past eight months was just like my mentality getting tested and my pride you know, getting tested and all this stuff. So I'm like, oh, like, you know, the universe is really like trying to make me a complete human being. And now that's why I'm saying, like I don't give a fuck anymore, like about anything, Like I don't care about external bullshit about anything, Like I care about my value in that locker room, and like my teammates know so, like and if we're trying to if we're trying to win a.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, and they know like what my value is.
Speaker 8: Unless when a super and then the like I said, divine time and will take care of itself and right that shit will all happen and accolades or whatever will just come. But at the same time, that's just not where my career is at currently. Yeah, is it gonna get there, Yeah, but that's not where it's at right now.
Speaker 2: And that's okay.
Speaker 8: But I'm finally in the driver's seat in my career like for the first time ever, and like it feels so good and the and coming off an injury, like being like fresh and whatever it is and really getting to start from zero. Like that's why I'm so confident and comfortable because like I know the work I put in. I knew where I was, you know, how dead inside I was. Like that's like I'm like just like ready to play fubball because like nothing else matters, but like my like my teammates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now the process the question I was one to I was wanting to get into earlier when you came on last year and we're talking about the mental side and it's fucking awesome. Yeah, but speak on like how all how consistently and how it's just the hey is never I feel like in the barn with that kind of stuff, with your mental side and that mental fortitude, like you say you don't give a fuck or stuffs. The external stuff's not bothering you. That's that's present, that's like current right now. Or do you feel like you've came up or not came up with but like read into things or been able to like be mindful enough to know to kind of ready yourself for the season, because you know how the season again can get away from you, not like get away from you just in any respect, but just like you get into the grind of the season, you feel a little sorry for yourself because you're banged up. Not externally feeling sorry for yourself, but you just get in the thick of it. You're around guys who might complain a little bit more. You might pop on social media, like how do you feel like you've grown in that area to make sure and not even make sure, but continue to know, like I have to guard myself from this shit.
Speaker 8: Uh one, because I thought I was in control last year and I wasn't, And now I like know the difference, and like I thought like I was going into life share with like the right mindset and like you know what we talked about, but like you have to take that next step every time, like I know, like like you're saying, you're gonna hit that point and the next year, I'm gonna hit another point. Like everything's You're always gonna be hit with adversities ever every year, and I think it's just like facing them head on and just like going into them with like a quote unquote positive mindset, but just like more of a growth progressive mindset.
Speaker 2: And like you're saying, like with.
Speaker 8: Those guys that are like complaining more and instead of just like you know, laughing or like just like brushing it off, like you know, it's my turn to be like a leader and like being like, you know, take guys along with me instead of just you know, like I'm talking about like the teammates and like that's who I care about right, and I need to bring guys along with me more that to my mindset and like my vision and stuff like that, because like you're saying, you know, people are like you know, like man, fuck today. Instead of being like laughing or whatever or just like yeah, no, I feel you.
Speaker 2: It's more like something say something.
Speaker 8: Because like that's your brother, like and instead of just like kind of like getting uncomfortable and like oh it might be you know, not cool to like also be like fuck that.
Speaker 2: Put the pads on a Wednesday for this practice or so like fuck it, like let's get it.
Speaker 8: Like, but like we're really trying to compete and like win a Super Bowl, and like we do have good leaders on that team. We have a great locker room, we have great chemistry. You know, we've been to the NFC Championship three times. Like what really, what do we really need to break through that last like wall to get to the Super Bowl? And I think it's just like the consistency of staying ourselves like for a longer period of time, because like we come out hot, we you know, we win those close games, YadA YadA, and then we get like towards the end of the season and we're just like, man, fuck this, Like but like we're thirteen and three fourteen and three football team, Like that's our identity, Like we're a winning football program. Like why do we get like down on ourselves, like as like time progresses or like the weight of the season gets on us, Like that's not us. So me like sitting back and like noticing that last year, like when I was hurt, I stayed there the whole time, like rehabiting Green Bay, did my surgery in Green Bay. I got to see that. And what's what was hard was like we stopped being ourselves later on in the season. So I think just like the consistency of being ourselves and like staying true to us for a longer period of time, I think that is where like is going to take the next step. And if I notice that, like like it would be a I'm a fool if I don't like say something or like bring someone with me, because a lot of those guys, like our big time guys and big name guys and leaders of our locker room that also needs someone to rely on because like they're relied upon for a bunch of other people, but they need someone And like if that's if that's like my role like in the locker room is to like be there for like you know, the the captains of the team or the you know, the leaders of the team. Like and I noticed that, Like that's what I want my role to be. Like if you know, those types of guys need someone to come to to talk to, and me to share a positive light on a bad situation or like the pads on a Wednesday, like I'll be the positive vibe, Like I'll smile and like, you know, help that's fine. But like at the end of the day, like you also know what I'm gonna do when we put the you know, pads on it, when we get the Sundays like, you know, but off the field, I can be that person for you.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask, how do you see your role kind of shifting now that you've kind of established yourself like as a Green Bay packer and you guys got a lot of pieces that's.
Speaker 2: Been the front thing.
Speaker 8: It's just like also just like taking my leadership to the next level and just being more like just holding more people kindle and holding myself more accountable. Like I was saying, like towards the end of the season, like we just need to. And I'm not saying like you know, people are like fucking up or like doing stupid shit. I just think that, like it is, it's a long grilling season, and up in Green Bay, it's tough.
Speaker 2: You know, you got the winner.
Speaker 8: It's cold. It's like it just sucks ass, like waking up in Like, yeah, it's a grind. But like just like reminding people that like who they are and what they bring to the table. Yeah, like that can only be beneficial. I think that just reminding everyone and bringing the longevity of like positivity and like leadership and you know, enthusiasm or whatever. Just kind of just bringing it longer, just a couple more weeks.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, also think too, like you kind of get that, you kind of get to understand that perspective because you were like in the like say December, like you're sitting there, sitting back, you're getting rehabbed and everything else.
Speaker 2: You're kind of seeing it.
Speaker 1: It's you know, you get it, like when you're in it's just a fucking grind. Don't even know going Yeah, you don't even notice it now that you're going into it this year. Once you get to that point of the year, like you know like you're saying it, there's there's something that can be whether it's a spark or conversation with somebody to be like, hey, like we know we're in the fucking gritty part. We've been here three different times. Like how how tough is that? Knowing that you guys have been ye, this fucking close every year with Aaron Rodgers and just you got you you know the way everybody holds lifts up the Green Bay Packers right once you guys get into that NFC championship. Although it's a good feed, it's like what's it gonna take to get to the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: And that that's the toughest part, And no one wants to hear it from a coach like you're in and you're out and like later on the season, because it's easy for a coach to say it like hey, guys, like we gotta do this and we gotta do this, Like well, you're not in the like you're a part of it, but you're not like in it. So it's like for me, like you said, I got to sit back and like be like in the coaches like situation where like I'm just seeing everything develop and you.
Speaker 1: Can kind of see how coaches might be moving that way. It's like I can see why they're trying to do it like.
Speaker 2: This right and just kind of.
Speaker 1: You see, that's where it comes in for the player ownership, where the player ownership.
Speaker 2: The best teams are player less exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like those are the times, like those are the times of the year where coaches can do as much as they can. But if like the players aren't holding up this, aren't holding the standard or holding the front line and your best players and stuff, that's where it gets dicey at the end of the year. I think that's where you guys are at, but like you're probably seeing it from that bird's eye view or the coach, Like I see why he's being like that, but I also see like why he's not gonna motivate this player because you're this long in the year and the player don't really care to hear it. But if a player were to say some shit right here, then it's a different.
Speaker 8: Lovely Yeah, I love dude, And that's like the because like, no one on our team is sensitive when we talk to each other.
Speaker 2: But I just don't think.
Speaker 8: Enough, Like I think this is across the league and not enough players like talk and like motivate each other because they're like worried about their you know, their own process or their for themselves and stuff like that. And we were such a close you know, nick group up there because there's nothing else to do but to hang out with each other. So I think that just reiterating and continuing that like longer into the season, like because everyone's hanging out and like happy, like you know, it's summer, it's falling Lambeau and then it's like November and Lambeau and that's that's like no, like lambeau Field, and then it gets you know, snow, and then the snow games are fun. But then it's like playoffs and like there's six teams left, four teams left, and we're just like the only ones practicing. It's like a lot of walkthroughs and it's just monotonous, and it's like we need to like that's the time to take off, right right right, that's not the time to like plateau out. That's the time to hit another gear and like go and and a lot of guys do a great job of it. I'm not talking and you know negative about any means. I just think that what it how close we've been and like the same thing kind of happens.
Speaker 2: It's like now's the time to like right now or never?
Speaker 1: Like you know, I mean that like the results have already happened, you know what I mean. It's not like you're saying this and it's like this is what we've done wrong and we're shitty at this. It's results have happened and you've made it certain, You've made it certain lengths each year, it's.
Speaker 2: Like what are we looking at?
Speaker 1: Because you have to be able to self evaluate, right, You're just giving a perspective on like you know, here's some things I think going into next year.
Speaker 2: That I might be able to do it in my within my role. And that's like a great way to put it.
Speaker 8: Is like I got to again like view it as a different perspective, like not only myself, but like the team.
Speaker 2: And I'm very socially aware, like group aware, energy aware.
Speaker 8: You know, like when someone walks in the room, like I can feel it, like I can feel like how they're feeling and stuff like that. And I think I just need to use that as my advantage and in my leadership skills and to become a better leader to take that next step for not only me, but to help the team because I if I notice it and like I'm good at something, I got to use that to help the team.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm a fool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of leadership, talk about Mercedes Lewis. He has this reputation that he's been how many years is Mercedes has played?
Speaker 2: I mean this will be eighteen, I think eighteen years.
Speaker 1: He's like one of the oldest players in the league, if not like tied for Tom Brady for being the oldest in the league. But talk about like him and his leadership because I've heard stories like I've seventeen Yeah, Lafleur has talked about how influential of a leader he is. Like everybody who's played with him has talked about him as a leader, like speak on his his leadership and like what he's meant to you as a growth, not only as a player but also probably a person.
Speaker 8: I mean, like I was saying, like you don't always want to hear like a coach or coaches like speak all the time because like yeah, like I mean your coach is valuable to the team. Yes I'm not downgrading that, but like to an extent you want to hear someone who's done it right.
Speaker 1: Like when he talks, coach is always on the podium and they're always saying right, but I'm always gonna say the you know, not not to say it's always political, but you know they're in the best interest of an entire team when they're trying to give.
Speaker 2: Any And when he talks, people listen.
Speaker 8: Like his demeanor, his voice, what he says, like it's meaningful and it has like a purpose. It's not just like going up there and like you know, saying a quote or like trying to like just give external motivation. It's like really from like what he's done, what he's been through, and what he sees, and like that's why like being around him, like from when I got there, like I like what twenty three years old, I felt like I've matured like ten years over like you know, whatever time I was with him, because when he talks, like I just listen and because like he cares about me and I know that just like for what we talk about, and you know what he's done for me on and off the field, you know, showing me, you know, things I haven't ever experienced, like from like a little you know, small farmtown in Illinois and he's from like La, you know, he just got to like he's just made sure I've experienced stuff that I wouldn't get to experience and in the right way.
Speaker 2: And and that's like he's meant so much.
Speaker 8: Like that is like the most influential person like with football that I've ever been around, Like for me, Like like our talks like we're like well, like we'll say, like what's up in the here and there and like, but like our conversations are never like wasted or surface level like ever. And that's like the best part about it. Like there's no small talk with me and Sadie's. It's everything's meaningful and that's like the best. And it's every day so it's not just like, oh hey, what's up, you know, what'd you do last night? Oh okay, It's never that. It's like, hey, how's your mom doing?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: How's your mom doing? You know, like what is you know, what are you going with or what are you dealing with like off the field or how's this or how's this situation? I don't want to get into like too much like personal right between us two, but like but.
Speaker 2: It's not small talk. You guys are.
Speaker 8: Always deep and like every Wednesday it would be me, him and our tight ends coach at the time, Jail he's the OHC in Denver.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: Every Wednesday we'd sit down when they were doing special teams and I'd just go in there and we would just talk like real life shit and like every Wednesday it was basically like a prize session, like of us just pouring shit out because like you need it, because like known externally outside of the building truly gives a fuck what you're feeling. They're just like, like I'm saying, how many stats are you doing.
Speaker 2: The game performance space business? Yeah, but like that was like so good for us.
Speaker 8: And that's why we're we got so close over the years too, is just because we talk about real ass shit and real ass you know things that were going through or thinking. And I'm not afraid to ask him any question and he's not afraid to like give me the truth. And for him to be at where he is in his career.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, brain little adversity.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like I don't I didn't deserve what he was giving me at the beginning. Like I even like felt like I'm not even deserving of this guy's time, but he saw something in me. Sounds cliche, but like he was like, you know, people don't move like you at your size, like telling me that, like people arenest you know, people can't stretch the field like you. People don't have the will and the urge to be great like you do, Like you want to be great, Like there's a lot of people who are just like in the league. To be in the league, you're really trying to be great. And I'm like, yeah, I am, Like how'd you even notice that? But like that's how like we you know, we feel each other out and we you know, understand each other. And last year, like one of the talks that stuck with me that like really made me just like honestly like like breakdown. And for him to break down was like there's two things he said to me. He said for us, like he said, I've never felt more like close to a person, like as like relatable, as like a quote unquote twin than you.
Speaker 2: And like this dude six eight.
Speaker 8: Obviously me and Mercedes do not look alike, but like for he's but like you know, for him to be like like we operate the same like internally and like, you know him coming from you know Polly, you like right La and me you know, coming from where I'm from, Like we don't have the same you know.
Speaker 1: Well even the age gap too, like when you're an old when you're like an older just vet, yeah, you kind of just you do your thing, you do all your process.
Speaker 2: You get them into probably a big family. Yeah, but that's just what I did. I just yea and we were there late.
Speaker 8: We you know, I adapted the recovery process, like he helped me with my recovery process.
Speaker 2: Like we get to like have the same schedule like that.
Speaker 8: And it's just like he's like, I've never related to someone in the football sense, like on the football field like I do you and just by like kind of chance, you know, And that meant a lot to me. That was at the end of last year. That was after my injury. But during the season last year he said, he said, the first time in my life, I'm content with being number two. And I was like, whoa, And that's a dude, who's you know, Pro Bowl seventeen years, done everything, thirteen years in Jacksonville, you know, made this amount of money, you know, taking care of his mom, like that like that's what like you know, sharing that same like passionate love for like our mothers and like our wives and stuff like that, and like he said, I'm content with being number two for the first time in my life. Like I love sitting back and just watching you play football and have fun and like do your shit and just like go yeah. And it's like he said, I'm gonna go on the field, I'm gonna put my hands on someone for you.
Speaker 2: And I was just like whoa.
Speaker 8: And that's like when I really was like this shit really means more than just like wins and losses like cliche again, but like it does, like he really gives a fuck about me. And I was like, and that's like the the bond that like there's no monetary value for that, like you know, you can go elsewhere and play and get a check or what else or wherever, but like that value and that like bond, Like when we're in twelve personnel and like me and him are next to each other, like we okay each other and we just know like it's on yeah, and there's no like gray area with us, like we're overs over on the side, like he's you know, teaching me like past sets, run game stuff, but then it like goes to the field and it works like it happens. And like when we're in twelve personnel, like we know, like that's the shit. Like we're there for each other. There's no hesitant, like we're just going because like we know each other and we know and that's you do go that extra stuff for someone you love. And that's why it's so cool to have that relationship with everyone and have that you know, bond in Green Bay like that, because we do like go the extra stuff for everyone. But Sades is just like he's done so much like for me, like my mentality, and like he helps me with that too, Like that's the number one guy that's just like helped me on and off the field, and like you know, you know he sees me run around, you know, being young. He goes, you know, you make me feel young because like I'm trying to like Chase like a young you know.
Speaker 1: Him to hear though by the way from like a vet. So I say, yo, bro, you make me feel young again.
Speaker 8: You're like yeah, I mean, and he's dope, like he you know, he and he doesn't need me to make him feel young, like he's he's dope, like you know, his swag, his style, his like interests, like his vibe. Like he is young, you know, you know he's outlay right, but physically in football for me to be like you know, running around and you know, he's chasing me around and like you know, running routes and I'm hyping him up and when he's gonna touch on and practice of the game, like you know who the first person who's going to be there, right, and like vice versa. And that's why, like after I score, like that's low key the first person I'm looking for because I'm like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like celebrate with the boy man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like because like he truly, like honestly has meant the most of me in my football career.
Speaker 2: Like, hands down, that's awesome. It's really cool to hear.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the Unicorn, the my serious creature that everybody's always worried about. That everybody's always wondering what he does his off seasons that he's on the Pat McAfee show, like every Monday or Tuesday. He's just got everyone's just always extremely concerned about Aaron Rodgers. What's it like playing with a rod what's he like in the locker room, Like, what's he like as a leader? What's your guys' relationship, like talk about him a little bit. And then also I would love to get into his new tattoo.
Speaker 2: Can I just start with a tattoo?
Speaker 8: Because I just want to say that, because we were joking about tattoos one time, Like we were just eating dinner or launch at the table or whatever, and we were just talking about tattoos or whatever.
Speaker 2: I think we were low key talking about Preston Smith's tattoos.
Speaker 8: I'm serious, because he got he got like a cool like like a devil and angel tattoo, like whispering in his ears and like you know, a rod like can't keep his mouth show.
Speaker 1: So you had to like flame Preston or whatever. Dude, that is hilarious. I have a just side note, keep your thought. I have a photo that that photo right there, hang on go back top left.
Speaker 2: That's of me. That is on my phone. He posted that on snapchat one time. I love I love Peter Death. He's the he is.
Speaker 8: He is he is a bright spotting Yeah, like that's it's dope. But he's a bright spot in the locker like he is a good like.
Speaker 1: He's a good time. He's like a good vibe. He's always warn the most fashionable stuff you can find. I remember year, he know that the Spike shoes like every like a new pair. He's always well, when you come to Green Bay, we'll get him right, Yeah, he's always yeah, yeah, we'll have to. Uh we got to get pressed on the bus. I love pressing though. But anyway, you guys are talking about the tattoo. He had the devil on the Angel flamed him and now a Rod's got his illuminating.
Speaker 8: So he was like, you know, he was like, I'm in the process of creating one and I'm like okay. Aaron said that, Yeah this was a while ago, and I'm like okay, and you know he's going through you know, he didn't tell me about it because he was like, you know, it's you know, it's kind of like it's you know, like when he like when something's important to him, it's like dramatic in a.
Speaker 2: Good way deepest.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like listen, you know, and like he's like, you know, he really tries to make you like buy in in the and I'll get later on in uh when our mon me and his Monday met him and Alan was ours Monday night hangout. It's like our deep talks by the fire. It's so funny. But so he was like, I was like, where are you gonna get it? And he like went into you know, a deep description kind of a whatever, and he just goes right here, man, and I'm like, that's bold. And I didn't believe him, like zero, So I totally forgot about it because you know, like a rod talks like certain things and he says some things whatever. Next thing, I know, like what a couple like a month ago, it just popped up and that's dope.
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah, how so how long are we saying that this tattoo has been worked on?
Speaker 2: Oh a year or more? Probably Like oh, like.
Speaker 1: You're saying, you're saying by the time you're saying, this thing has been in the process for a while, Yes.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 8: And but when he said it was gonna go right in this farm, I was like, yeah, you're lying, no chance right here. Next and then next thing, you know, right right on the forearm.
Speaker 2: What does it all mean? Do we know?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: I can't wait to learn about it, because I mean I haven't been with him in person since But.
Speaker 2: Is there anything on there that might true?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean that's like you know, the birth chart in the stars. It's probably you know, like that when he was born, like how the stars were and some correlation of stuff. Yeah, that guy, that artist. Yeah, and it's well thought out. There's a story. And I can't wait. The waves. You know, he's told me stories about you know, the ocean and the waves that what what they mean to him. So I am you know, I feel like you know, you know, I feel if I'm guessing, and I don't want to be wrong, so don't take my correct or my full word for it. But you know, you of like a you know, uh, you know, a rising sign and you know a moon sign, and I'm guessing that's like the lions back and forth. Ones is dark side. Ones is like calm side. I think it's dope though, Hey, okay, yeah, I mean I think it's dope. But it's just funny because like I'm gonna have the MVP quarterback under center on Sunday Night Football with a hippie tattoo on his forearm right here.
Speaker 1: That's first touchdown celebration just right here. But uh no, he like he is like playing with him, I mean arguably to.
Speaker 2: Go yeah, and there's nothing more than.
Speaker 8: Two minute drow with him, Like I like, that's when I love playing with Aaron the most. He is the best at it and then he like makes it look easy, but his demand for not perfection, but like he wants you to be thinking how he's thinking. And obviously we're not gonna be thinking how he's thinking because like you know, he's out there.
Speaker 2: I mean you look at that too.
Speaker 8: I really like love being challenged by him because he like again, like he's a person who knows, like I want to be great, and like two minutes when like when shit is like flying, like defenses are flying around, they're not set. You know, he's rushing the line, he's throwing out signals, he's looking this way. He throws up a signal and snaps the ball and you're over there, like you gotta know. But it does come with like time playing with him. But I love playing with him because it's a challenge and it's not like, hey, this is the player we're running today, Da da da, it's like now listen, like and then he explains like the reason why, and it's like that's how I think.
Speaker 1: Why you guys, are we talking in practice? Both both everything?
Speaker 8: You know, I mean a lot of the two minute drives are made up plays just fy like, so you can't game plan for Aaron and two minute drill.
Speaker 2: You just got to buckle up. You's got to buckle the fuck up, you do.
Speaker 8: And that's like the best part about playing with him is you know that and you have that edge on someone. So that's why you have to be more dialed in because you really you don't even know, so that's why you just got to really tap into like what's going on.
Speaker 1: But does he ever really calm demeanor in the huddle like when these high pressure.
Speaker 8: Moments always and that's why it's so calm for us, and that's like a good thing. And you know he, I mean, he has a fire in him like when shit's like when he you know, when shit's going good or shit's going like, he demands, he demands like whatever it is. And I don't want to say perfection because like the word perfection is just whatever. But he really is so fun to play with because I don't even know how to describe it, Like, yeah, he's great and it's like awesome to be like what a great quarterback is, right, you know, cat, you know it's easy, but it's just like it's a challenge and I like a challenge, and it's wild. It's really wild to be in the huddle with him when you look when like when you sit back and you're like, what the hell did we just go through? But it's like it becomes second nature because you've played with him so much, or like you get reps with him, and it's fun because he really like gives a fuck about you, Like he really gives a fuck about you. And that's the best part.
Speaker 2: What a uh I see Aaron Rodger's new girlfriend we have on the thing. I don't know anything of about her. I don't know anything about her. Just just just start making it up. Well, people do say shit like that.
Speaker 8: But like off the field stuff, like me, him and Alan hang out, uh every Monday and we just like order pizzas and watch the Monday night football game and sit out by his fire and we just talking.
Speaker 2: Like that's the same, like you just grow and you get to know people fire pit vibes. We're talking about that.
Speaker 8: Not too long, you know, he's probably gonna be like, you know whatever, Wait, what's he gonna say? Should we cut that out?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, keep that ship in. But like, you know, you know he's on you know, he's on McAfee.
Speaker 1: I'm on here, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, would you think he'd be done to come on the bus? We had the bus out in Green Bay?
Speaker 2: Hundred percent? Did you co host? And I said, right here, yeah, I would love for you too, right there? Yeah, okay, good? And then you know, I just and I that's the best tattoo. Hey, teach us all about the tattoo. Maybe he already has on the.
Speaker 8: He should, dude, I in the classic Like, I don't want to say, like he's just perceived by so much external bullshit. Bro, I know it's an asshole or whatever, but why like is he really hurting you or affecting you?
Speaker 1: You know how everybody wants their star quarterbacks in the NFL to be right, I mean not really different?
Speaker 2: And that's like there is me.
Speaker 1: There's like this perception of how each player has to be for the public guy.
Speaker 2: Right, I think he does get so many opinions out there.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't want to like I was thinking about it, but I just figure if Aaron will come on, then we can ask him. When Aaron's on here because we have him talk about it. You can see that being like, uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't want to like headline, Yeah, I just don't want to, Like obviously, I don't want to speak.
Speaker 2: For why there's so many opinions on Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 8: No, And I think it's just mostly because Yeah, I don't want to speak for anyone, but I just honestly think it's because he is great at what he does and he does it in a non traditional fashion. Yeah, and people don't like it's just an easy headline to bash him, absolutely, and that's what sucks is like.
Speaker 1: A doesn't give like traditional media much time. It kind of just like doesn't give it. He's kind of got that I don't give a fuck mentality about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, unapologetically.
Speaker 8: There you go blost and he dude, and you know, there is stuff. Every person has stuff to work on. Like he's not perfect, but he has such a good heart, like he really gives like he's player first to the death of him, Like he gives a fuck about the team and the players and like all that, and you know, like I said, everyone has stuff to work on or like get better at or people don't like this, YadA YadA, But like at the end of the day, this dude has a like a good heart and he's good at football. So you're saying want to win a super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're saying he does want to win football games.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And again, I think the quote unquote you know misunderstood is you know, I think that's the classic you just misunderstood from the external eye. But like everyone in the building, like in the locker room, knows and cares and like understands him. But it's just weird that everyone outside doesn't. But that's the only voice that people hear.
Speaker 1: Either, best to figure out the narrative on it, which is why you get all the storylines or everything else.
Speaker 2: What do we got boys? Should we get in? It's your talk? Hang on? But before hang on, you got Jack?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Madden just released the rankings today, Mountain twenty three.
Speaker 8: That boy, that boy's a fifty three, and I'm gonna go get you and I'm gonna put you on.
Speaker 2: My practice squad. You're fucking right, baby, just pay me my money.
Speaker 6: But also they just tweeted out like thirty minutes ago the top tight ends for catching and our boys number two slotted.
Speaker 2: So hell yeah, oh ninety six catcher rating. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm probably you feel like that's valid? Yeah, no, that's valid. I mean Travis Kesey's better than you. We're tired, but you know, smart man, smart man.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I mean I don't even know. Yeah again, I don't care, So I don't even want.
Speaker 2: To ask George ninety one tough look, but.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, I probably I'm probably like outside the top twenty and like overall tight ends what it?
Speaker 2: Dude does? Do we know his overall rating? Back?
Speaker 7: His overall rating I think was eighty.
Speaker 1: So you would say, you're you you think that's pretty uh spot on being five points ahead of George Kittle for the catcher rating.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because he's probably like a bunch ahead of me for like we're just trying to keep this on catcher raating. Yeah, and George, that's our headline, George, George, George, tell me I have some of the softest hands.
Speaker 1: Hey, yo, So George, you were supposed to be the one on your were you supposed to be the one for tight ending you podcast?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Uh no, it was just well kind of Yeah, I wish George would have been here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same here.
Speaker 8: I would like to say this though, it was funny because I haven't even brought up to George or joked about it, but I joked about it to you about kittle Fest. I want to say it as a funny joke. So he hit up me in TJ and he was like, yo, like, hey, are you getting on the bus. I'm like, yeah, I was gonna do a solo with Will And he's like, well, I'm trying to get on with you and TJ because I want to promote tight end you. I was like, just let me know. And like three days later, you.
Speaker 2: See us sweet about Josh and George.
Speaker 8: George and Josh Allen pull up in the sadies like I'm like, I mean, I don't care, but I just want to say, you know, I just want to I just want.
Speaker 2: To explose George. No, George like I.
Speaker 8: Don't care a but you know, I was just yeah, that's it, that's how we were best friends.
Speaker 1: That's like, uh fucking bro stuff right there, Like you know, I don't care, but also yeah, I should have been the one on here.
Speaker 2: No, but no, Yeah, it's super cools.
Speaker 1: Crazy how you invited me over to your house. I don't get a call, and I see a lot of people come over to your house. That's all the bikes out front. That's crazy. Oh you live out there? You live out there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you live out in Uh, we won't say exactly where unless you want to disclose that information. You said you just said it, well your actual address, but a being on Kittle Fesst Like y'all live out there. Yeah, and some stuff goes down. Apparently you had a nice you had a nice story. Yeah, would you care to share on the podcast if I may?
Speaker 2: Is it? Yeah, floors open. I think it's an incredible story.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just didn't know if it was you know, your mansion and pool and stuff, if it's promoting you know, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: Because I'll tell mine too. The guy at the gas.
Speaker 8: Station, So you know, I was out there out back by the pool. Chef Dave was grilling, cooking it up. So we were just outside and enjoying the stars, like ou't even like it's not like it's pitch black. It's nothing that's like the best sky is like street lights. There's nothing. I'm in the middle of nowhere, So We're just out there like enjoying, talking whatever, and all of a sudden, I see fourteen cop cars. Like this was like in a time where like the trees, I'm surrounded by trees, so like the trees weren't bloomed yet. So I just saw through like the woods to like my drive Like at the end of my driveway, I see like four fourteen cop cars. Like I'm dead serious, There's a lot of cop cars pull right up through. And I was like, damn, like what's going on up there? So I was like, you know, grab Chef Dave and we're like we'll just walk up. Do something wrong At this point, no, I just was like again like I'm in the middle of nowhere, like what's really going on here? And I'm fresh, this is my first year in the house. I'm like, I don't know what's going on. I'm like, I'm gonna be a homeowner though, I'm gonna go there and see what's going on. Like I'm gonna I'm gonna just stand on my territory. You know, this is my this is my you know, my yard. So I walk up my driveways like you know, three hundred yards long. So I'm walking up in the pitch black like again walking with Yeah, just do you have a rob on? No, that would have been awesome. But I walk up there, and as I'm getting closer, I see like a regular car at the end of my driveway, like just pulled into.
Speaker 2: The front, surrounded by all the cop cars. The cop cars are on the line.
Speaker 8: And then I see an ambulance as I walk around, and then I see an ambulance too, and then a car and it has like a bunch of shit in it, like stuffed in the windows, you know, like a car, like a little car, but like I had a bunch of shit in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I'm getting closer and closer. I'm like, oh shit, this car is in my driveway, getting closer, and then all of a sudden, the cops like turn to me and all flash their lights at me, like super quick, and like I just like, hey man, this is my crib, Like what, like what's going on? Like just trying to just like see.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out what's going on this my property.
Speaker 8: Yeah whatever, trying to be a homeowner. Yeah, and my joys and a cop that pulled me over like three days before back there because I had Illinois plates. I had tens. I was speeding. He's like, you checked all boxes. I had to pull your ass over. I'm like, no, doubt. Like I didn't even say anything. I was like, yeah, that's not me. I was just a ticket no, because I was like, hey, I was just his wife was a Packers fan, and that's how he was like, oh, my wife's a huge Packers fan.
Speaker 2: I was like, what a compliment just based off of your idea? Or did you?
Speaker 1: He was like Wikipedia, No, because I'm either Teddy.
Speaker 2: Taylor did one time we got pulled over?
Speaker 1: Come on, didn't he that's what he does? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I like, you know, I don't have my ID on me.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to show you. He's got his Wikipedia page coming.
Speaker 8: Up, all right, come on? So no, but yeah for that, so that story whatever I give him. I d's like, how do I know you? And I'm like I don't know, Like I don't want to be that guy. Like I was speeding too, so I was like whatever. So I was like I don't know, and he was like, let me see your tints and I rolled him up. He's like those are the league. I'm like, yeah, I have him for work, just for privacy reasons. He's like, what do you do for work? And I was like, I work up in Green Bay and he's like that's how I know you. And he's like, my wife's a huge Packers fan. I'm like, great compliment. And I was like, hey, I was just coming home from workouts. I was cruising because I was just like having a good time, nice weather, windows open. I was just yeah, I was just cruising. And I was like, I just let it get away from me. He's like, yeah, just make sure you get your license changes when I have my Illinois all that stuff. So all this stuff's changed.
Speaker 2: Three days later, right, and then three days later.
Speaker 8: So then pup and he's like, oh, mister Tonia, sorry for the disturbants. Like I'm like, what's going on? Like I see some lady like hugging this dude like oh I missed you, like oh my gosh, like crying. I'm like this is way too much for me right now. It's like eleven at night or ten at night maybe, and he like pulls me aside and he goes all right, listen, you know this guy just got out of jail.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: He was in the passenger seat, was you know, was shooting up you know the good stuff. I guess shooting apparelin And I was like, just got out of jail.
Speaker 2: Poor heroin.
Speaker 8: Then he's in you know, doing this now he started O D and I guess, well he did OD and his girlfriend was panicking, was freaking out. Got was got turned around back in my area, trying to get out of my name like my area, and like I said, like I'm in the middle of nowhere there. So she got lost and so she pulled over in the end of my driveway to call the ambulance. So he was like yeah, so he so he just resuscitated him, we know whatever they sticking with.
Speaker 2: I can't remember if.
Speaker 8: Yes, And he's back and we're just gonna send him back to jail. So no big deal. And I'm like, no big deal. I'm like, wait, so that guy like super chill. I was like, so that guy was dead ten minutes ago, and now he's standing right there, yep, And I'm like I'm going back inside. Next morning, I was out there with Sage waving it like I'm like, get the fuck out of here, like no bad energy, no bad vibes. I'm not gonna have a dead dude at the end of my driveway and every time I drive out.
Speaker 2: I have to go through that shit. Yeah. No, I was just yeah.
Speaker 8: So I was just honestly just hitting him with the h hitting it with the sage at the end of the driveway, letting it burn and just and no problem saying dude.
Speaker 1: So a few days ago, I was in that gas station that I shit on on the Shane Gillis podcast.
Speaker 2: I walked in like, and uh, I was filling in my tank and I need I needed to take it too.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, I don't know why I didn't wait to get home or wherever I was going, but I was like, well, let me just check this out. I wouldn't advise like taking a two in any kind of gas station, but when you gotta go, you gotta go. So I go in this is a small bathroom stall I'm talking to urinal a stall and a small fucking room. Right when you walk in, you can see the door to the stall and the in the toilet sideway, so you know how, you can see the crack right when you walk in, and so you could kind of see the person's legs right away, and you kind of just see him like he's like leaned up forward, and I'm thinking, what the fuck's going on here? And you can just like see a shirt and everything you see just like long tube. I think it is or a straw or something.
Speaker 2: And how much we know we don't know anything?
Speaker 8: Yeah, uh yeah, for sure, you're saying.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting there and like you know, I kind of act like I'm taking a pissures to get a sense of its like is this dude in there shitting or is he gonna be quick or I don't know, And he's kind of just sitting there and you kind of hear his like feet go a couple of times, and I get up and just start washing my hands. I'm gonna get the fuck out of here. And I kind of like get knows. I'm kind of like leaning to look around. This motherfucker's got something like to his to his mouth smoking heroin. I guess getting here, I thought the heroin was like you put the thing around and you do the injection, but maybe you can so maybe it's he smoking crack. But he's just sitting there having a situation in the in the stall and I'm like, yeah, I'm getting the fuck out and he like and he like looked homeless, like he was like a junkie fucking in there getting high.
Speaker 2: And so I left.
Speaker 1: And this is the question, and this is the question I wanted to ask you guys.
Speaker 2: We're talking from an outside for you, what's up?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and they're just getting your ten Hey you're ten, but so but yeah, I'm gonna get the fuck out here and just roll it over wherever I was going. I don't even remember. I don't even remember what my mission was. But my question, you guys I wanted to ask. I'm like, i'll say it for the pod is. Part of me was like, should I tell the gas station employed that someone's in there just getting high? But then I thought to myself, oh no, I'm being a fucking tattletale. But then I'm thinking, like, you know, a business owner would want some junkie and they're getting high. I didn't say anything, but what would you guys have done?
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, it's not your business, do your thing. I guess right that shot. I mean that's a point I was thinking this. Yeah, I was like, I would you do you do? Want to maybe you know, help that guy and like, you know, save his life. But then the day like he's going to do his thing. No, I wasn't one to save the dude at all. I was more like, you know what I'm saying, But it's more thinking like me who has a good heart. I'm like, you know, I don't. I wouldn't want that guy to od and die for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure. Hey man, you got a minute? Hey, you ever talked to the lord? Just knock on the door, you things?
Speaker 7: Dance?
Speaker 2: One wants to take a ship? Yeah, have you ever talked to the lord? Sir? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking like from a business owner perspective, like, you know, if I want somebody to tell me, hey, there's a junkie and they're getting getting high right now, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd probably just leave that one alone. Yeah, you do the right thing. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. Hey, coming the comment sections right, Yeah, no free shoutouts. So those two guys though, for shooting up Herolin.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no free shadow dudes at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, so you also had beef to pick before we get into our tier talk. Beef Rob texting me this was back when we were getting a lot of traction with the burger talk and then maybe another tear talk conversation when Taylor was talking ship on Chick fil A.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would love for him to be here for that. Come on, that's so trash, dude, he goes.
Speaker 1: When I get home, I want to get back on the bus because they got to talk to both of y'allbout some of you guys are selections and tear talk. Now we haven't spoken. We haven't spoken about the tear talk since then? What would you like to say to us about that?
Speaker 8: Oh, you hated in and out right? Yeah, I should smack the funk out of you.
Speaker 2: But but but the living fucking dogs ship out of you, dude.
Speaker 8: No, But like you went into it with a negative mindset. You want In and Out to be bad before you ate it. That's a terrible perspective of going to didn't listen to the podcast?
Speaker 2: Is reality?
Speaker 1: And he didn't listen to the podcast? Did I get hype every time I go to In and Out? This last year, I've taken it upon myself to go on this journey of figuring out what burger I actually love the most because.
Speaker 2: I'm easily infious. I love like a lot of shit.
Speaker 1: I'm one of those guys who can go into any movie and I'll walk out back man, that show is awesome, right boys, and everybody be like no. But same with like food. I love all food, and I think every burger's fucking awesome. Like if I'm on text, if I'm in Texasus, I'm like, Hey, what a burger.
Speaker 2: That's just fire.
Speaker 8: So you just want to hype up the group so you're not really yourself, You're just no.
Speaker 2: I love I love the burgers.
Speaker 1: I love the burgers, but I love nothing more than to kind of start some ship amongst the fellas in the locker room when you got text there, like hey, in and out it's kind of trash, right boys in Texas.
Speaker 2: US, And they start arguing. Then you walk off and go take a shower. But you're a scumbag. And I texted you guys said I think you're just no. So listen, you got some good tea and I go ahead, they're fake.
Speaker 1: So if you listen to the pod this past year, when I decided to like, I'm gonna be intentional about trying these burgers for real, because when I played in Oakland, couldn't wait to go to in an out burger, right, and I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: With the yeah it shit fucking rips. Boys.
Speaker 1: I do think it's a good burger. Okay, what don't you like about it? I don't think it's great. I don't think and I again I've explained this in great details.
Speaker 2: It's not a gourmet burger.
Speaker 7: I'm not.
Speaker 2: We're not sitting here trying to say scourremet burgers.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want five guys that'll talk to you a little different, five guys is fucking fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five guys is up there. Yes, I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: When I try the in and out burger, the consistency from the from the butt, from the bun that goes down into the ingredients, yeah, breaks right before you get to the edge. I like mine a little more of like a a buttered style bun to where you get some mush that goes down into your bite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing that breaks right before you get to the ingredients. And to me, that is where in and out? How do you? What do you? Can you tell me your order it in and out? So I just double double? That's it?
Speaker 1: Well, I get double double, you get fries. Yeah, animals get animal style, right, yeah, which to get soggy.
Speaker 2: Oh what are you gonna say so you don't get it? Well done? No, no, no, I'm talking about the burger. We're talking about the projecting. I'm projecting me. I okay, so you can go. I think you should go.
Speaker 8: Next time you go, okay, you should get a you know, three by three see triple.
Speaker 2: I will never do that in my fucking life. I used to do for it, but I'll never do it in my life.
Speaker 8: But get the animal style on the burger. So all those ingredients, what do you mean by that? What do you mean by that? Get the animal style on the burger? I listen, I think in and out is good. No play a villain again. And that's what I was trying to Now. I think you were just Yeah, that's because part.
Speaker 1: Of you, like when you're arguing with your boy, Like when I'm arguing with Taylor and he like tries to shit on five guys or something else, there's like a there's like a war going on.
Speaker 2: It's more of like a long game.
Speaker 1: And then when the Internet starts to be on somebody's side, you got to start using that.
Speaker 2: You're just creating conflict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if people who actually the tier ones out there who listen to the pod, they already know that this conversation was had, right, what's on social media?
Speaker 2: Like, that's just a different game, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: You know, I get that, I get that, but you also want to get that great Yeah, oh yeah, I'm not out here saying like in and Out is the best burger, but like what you were perceiving it, you were acting like in and Out was trash. And that's why I was like, come on, man.
Speaker 1: I I I understand that angle.
Speaker 2: You have like such a good platform and you're just using it for the wrong reasons. No, I think that was a good I'm just hilted.
Speaker 1: I think that was a really good hilt of down because you have five guys that is gas though, like gasoline like Shakeshak Shakeshak's up there too, but in and out's up there too in a McDonald's double corbon or she smacks too.
Speaker 2: You are not wrong about that.
Speaker 8: I love auburt I'm with you, like, but I don't even think there's a bad burger, Like I wouldn't even be able to do a tier with that.
Speaker 1: I'm dead serious. Yeah, because they're all on that. But I'm thinking about one situation. Remember when we went to that dairy queen and that thing tomato was like this thick and then it was just like all mao, like a the workers back there didn't even look like they should be back there making burgers, right, But that obviously plays into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I am Q doesn't count. Come on, but the.
Speaker 1: C you know them them chicken tinders with the country gravy and that Texas toast.
Speaker 2: Talk to him. That's like that. Then you can go to Sonic might as well go to Sonic.
Speaker 1: Sonic is I think Sonics a solid burger as well.
Speaker 2: But you are right, I'm with you on that. There's like I love them all. Damn the chick the Chick fil A thing did upset me though, Please please speak your truth, king, What so.
Speaker 8: What did Taylor not like about it? I that was so far back. I got rid of the negativity and now I got to rehab.
Speaker 1: Taylor's thing about Chick fil A is he says it's trash, it's the worst chicken sand. But his story and background on it is that was his fast food after all the games.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so yeah, you gotta have it like warm or you gotta have it like fresh, like sitting there to get like you're saying, like to get like you're saying like I'm gonna go out and find like the best burger or you like or really get like a.
Speaker 2: Good yeah chick fil you.
Speaker 8: I was the same way, like you get it after every game you have like it's like cold and watery the things sagi.
Speaker 1: That's was raising canes, which people love canes, and I do agree that Kanes is great, but it was something I had all the rains. Yeah, And that's what made me bad about Taylor's arguments is like he goes hard when he's against something.
Speaker 2: It's caused it trash and like really hurts my feelings.
Speaker 1: And uh, but when you you haven't truly like tried to give it a shot, like Okay, I understand why you might not like it, but go to Chick fil a for real in order something.
Speaker 2: For my life. Like when so he was probably saying their fries versagi.
Speaker 8: He was probably saying the bun with hoagi, the pickles are whatever, Like go in the and go order without pickles, Like what are you talking about? Go order a fresh spicy chicken sandwich, no pickles. Add pepper Jack cheese. Put some Chick fil A sauce on that he's speaking, Dunk the waffle fries in the Polynesian sauce and get like one of those frozen lemonades. Just quit talking and then just tell them to quit talking the Chick fil A sauce it's too on the spicy chicken sandwich sauce. Yeah, Polynesian with the fries.
Speaker 2: But I like to dabble them with my fries. Oh, no, fries can go into anything. I'm just you know, speaking from the heart. Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: One thing I will say that I haven't given credit out there too is the service, the customer service, which play that I think is a plus. I also feel the same way about In and Out because I think they run like that as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're great service, Like they make the burgers fresh like right there, they're not.
Speaker 1: I give them everything, except I think the taste of the burger is not number one.
Speaker 2: It's not you know, it's not really top three. Yeah I would Yeah, I would love to think about that one more.
Speaker 1: Do it now now that you now that we've had this conversation, start going into every burger meal, Like I'm gonna intentionally see what's up, see what I.
Speaker 2: Love you guys.
Speaker 8: It's just like for five guys, you can't have it. What's good about five guys is you don't have it a lot because it's so like right thre you seeing stuff, so like when you do have it, you're like, all right, that's up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, I agree. All right.
Speaker 1: We're taking a minute away from the episode to bring you guys upside. Upside is an incredible app for anyone who buys gas, groceries, and dines out.
Speaker 2: So pretty much every listener tap in with this.
Speaker 1: With every purchase, I'm earning cash back thanks to the voice at Upside.
Speaker 2: To get started, download the free Upside app.
Speaker 1: Use my promo code Busting and get five dollars or more cash back on your first purchase of ten dollars or more. That's fifty percent off on your first purchase. Next claim and offer for whatever you're buying on Upside. Check in, check in at the business, pay as usual with a credit or debit card, and get paid. In comparison to credit card rewards or loyalty programs, you can earn three times more cash back with Upside Again when comparing it to credit card rewards programs or their loyalty programs, you can earn three times more cash back with the boys at Upside. Upside users are earning more than a million dollars each and every week. That's probably why they have a four point eight star rating on the app store.
Speaker 2: That is monumental.
Speaker 1: Download the free Upside app and use promo code busting to get five dollars or more cash back on your first purchase of ten dollars or more.
Speaker 2: Again, that's that for fifty percent discount that we're offering you right here.
Speaker 1: Now, that's five dollars or more cash back on your first purchase of ten dollars or more using promo code busting. Now I say fifty percent, that's if you spend ten dollars, you'll get five dollars back. Now, if you spend five hundred, I cannot guarantee that you'll be getting two hundred fifty dollars cash back. So keep that in mind and don't trust me when I say fifty percent. Back to the episode. All right, but our tiar talk this week is going to be best shame Sandwich Shops, best sandwich changed nationally. Now though we can't pick local stuff.
Speaker 8: I know when you guys were talking about the beer and I think I can't remember if it was you or Taylor who said, if you pick a local brewery Dell Taylor, Oh my god, that shit made me laugh because like that is like a scumback, because I was about to say, I was like, I have this place called Epic Deli in my hometown that makes like wild sandwiches like the d roses, a meatball with like Dorito's on it, like just like stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's just like makes like wild stuff like it. No one gets to know that, right, And that's what I was saying.
Speaker 8: I was like, I couldn't wait to do it, and then I thought the tailor down, I'll get roasted, dude.
Speaker 1: There was a spot in Virginia called the Delhi, Italian known mom and pop family operated, and it was incredible.
Speaker 2: We'd get sandwiches.
Speaker 1: I'm talking you could get Gouda cheese on these things and he would send you they're so Italian. When you got the we would get the sandwich. A few of us would go in there like days before a game or something like on Friday before a game, and he would give us Freaknoli's like to go. It's phenomena. But anyways, you start this thing off. Okay, can I have your tears?
Speaker 8: No? But can I just talk? I want to talk about a couple that could be in my tears that like hit.
Speaker 2: Home for me? Go ahead, I do this quite a bit.
Speaker 8: So Penn Station was Terra Hate Indiana Okay where Indiana State is, And there was one right next to the stadium, So I would hit it on the way home from practice. Fire Yeah, gasoline yeah, yea out of.
Speaker 2: Your top three.
Speaker 8: No, it could be I'm just thinking, but I'm just bey is Green Bay for me? Like if I want like a or a sandwich and soup? Yeah, I hit pop Elly's that's right next to the stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't put paneras like clubs. I think that that's more like a like a bougie yeah, just like you know, like breakfasts or quick something quick, or like the soups in the wintertime up in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had their front campbell soup? Have you ever read their front take? Have you ever had that? It's like a meal.
Speaker 1: I've said that a thousand times, their front take a chicken Yeah, and the same what you're talking about, like the panini. Yeah, it's called the front take a chicken. It's pretty I'd just probably just say can I have the chicken panini? Because I didn't know how to pronounce it? What's close? Kis Schlatsky's all right? Is fire?
Speaker 2: I remember I've only had it a few times in my life. I feel like the logo of that thank you Jack. What did you say? JV?
Speaker 3: Have you ever had room forty room four, room forty no room Forddy's nuts?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 2: How did I get got? Dude?
Speaker 8: I was really like I felt like there was like a dude, I'm usually I'm that ship. Oh my god, this isn't.
Speaker 2: Dude. My whole my whole reputation is about to be fucked. Dude.
Speaker 1: If you don't get GOT, you're known as the guy in your friend group that doesn't get you.
Speaker 8: We all do it to each other like like, but oh no, isn't there a restaurant that's really close to that, like something with the number fuck dude. I really am just trying to really just oh, I I feel like I've seen it well, like Quiz knows, Jimmy Johnson is like kind of like the the Taylor situation, Like I've just had it so many times in like different areas, but it's not bad.
Speaker 2: Freak fast firehouse is gasoline.
Speaker 8: I had that for the first time in Frisco when I was free draft training, and they also have one in Green Bay, but I would take Okay, Jersey Mike's's gas too.
Speaker 2: You feel like you know what you got. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: This is hard because because I'm a super you will be judged right, and I really.
Speaker 8: Off topic. My Tier one A would be a homemade s ub just saying that. But we'll go, We'll play the game. Like there's nothing like a Sunday like growing up, like watching you know, football with your dad and like just having a nice cold cut sandwich from home, like a salami, throw some chips, just watching the game with some you know, Campbell's chunky soup.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 8: And then I had publics for the first time, like not not recently, but like the last couple of years when I moved here.
Speaker 2: So you put a hardcore on on what is subs? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Damn all right, the pot belly. Okay, I'm gonna just say my top three and then I'll put them in order.
Speaker 2: Can I do that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but just to get them off my chest so I can eliminate. Okay, I'm gonna go Penn Station, pot Belly and Jersey Mics.
Speaker 2: Put him in order. And this is just talking the sandwich, nothing else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if you want to throw some this is a hard one because there's not a variety in there.
Speaker 6: I think it's not just a sandwich, it's it's what the restaurant has to offer. Yeah, you're saying with pot Belly that my that's number one. Then it's not the best sandwich. It's just the best sandwich chain. So what do they have to offer?
Speaker 2: I like Jack, Yeah, he's good favor Yeah, get that stash too, Yeah, dirty good, dirty. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with pot Belly number one because I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I get. I get the start with number three. I'm sorry, dude, all right, damn all right.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go Penn Station number three to your three Penn Station, and I get the Philly Cheese steak with Noma shroom, extra onions and peppers.
Speaker 2: Mushrooms. You're allergic to mushrooms?
Speaker 8: Yeah, fungus dude, Yeah, I wasn't breastfed, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: For formula fed. Shout out Bill Gates.
Speaker 8: Um, yeah, so I'm gonna go with that at the Tier three Jersey Mike's just like the variety of subs. They're like, you know, the meatball, then they also have a chicken Chipotle cheese steak there. I think are a bunch of phillies as well. The meatball sub goes crazy there. I think there's just like such a variety of there's buffalo chicken ranch, you know one there. I think that's just the variety. I'm gonna go Tier two there. And then number one is pot Belly because the Italian with double meat us and no pause, double meat on the Italian with broccoli cheddar soup.
Speaker 2: And and I'm dunking that hoe and that's a good soup. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then yeah, that's the Populay's number one, just solely based on my orders.
Speaker 1: Let's hear it. Let's hear you, man. I put some thought into this voice.
Speaker 8: And this was on the spot too, so let's hear about yours. You thought about this for a week and we got beat back here. No no, no, we came up with this today. Okay, so you've had you know, a couple of hours you could have shot me at text I could have That is on me.
Speaker 2: That is on me.
Speaker 1: We did tell you before the pot started. So you've had like an hour and a half now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But I was talking about you know, I was getting deep into like internal stuff. You can't be I can't be thinking about it thinking about sandwiches when I'm talking about grow.
Speaker 1: Be most clear now, you know what I mean. You should have that clarity, bro, I'm hungry?
Speaker 2: Am I stopping you? Pop? Ellyst so my numbers around my bellies?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's a probably around here though, Yeah in the gulch, say less I there.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, proceed all right? So public smacks though, dude, So publics.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of good jedder about publics. The boys in the back they talk it publics up high, like I am not from this world since I haven't had publics.
Speaker 2: I've had at one time and again it was after the case race.
Speaker 1: You saw the apple juice sitting out there, like I bought apple juice and I bought yeah, a public sub, a pub sub. But I didn't put thought into it. I just needed something in my stomach because I was on the version of throwing up. So I just needed something in my belly. So I have not experienced publics like that. I've seen it on the charts. There's rankings out there, there's articles that has pub sub like top three and a lot of different stuff, a lot of different headlines. But for me, uh, I do want to give a shout out to Firehouse Subs before I start.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be honorable mention. Yeah, that is my honorable mention. Yeah, that's what that was number four for me. Matter of fact, can we get a moment of silence for Firehouse Subs? Thank you? Okay? Can I say one thing? Go ahead?
Speaker 8: Back to like the Penn Station Tier three? Why the the length pause? Again, it doesn't matter, doubt you can get. I think that goes up to like past. I think there's sixteen inches, like I think they get you get like you know, the bang for your buck like you Yeah, and their fries are good on Sundays.
Speaker 6: In my college town in Knoxville, I swear this is why pen Station closed down. But you could buy one, get one free on Sundays.
Speaker 7: So right, the twelve inch and you get a free twelve inch selve. You're set for the whole.
Speaker 8: Day, right, it was the best on Sundays, yes, and then the fries were incredible.
Speaker 1: I never had Penn Station. I would love to try it. Based on the way you guys were talking about East Coast sub. Okay, but I'm really good. I feel good about my list now. I wanted to give my shout out to Firehouse subs no for shotouts, of course, because I do love Firehouse.
Speaker 2: I think they have a.
Speaker 1: Banger uh not the hook and Ladder. Maybe it's just called the Firehouse. It's like ham turkey, roast beefs add bacon to it, get the works, put on it, all the stuff.
Speaker 2: You would be a roast beef guy.
Speaker 1: I think roast beef just comes on the sandwich. Maybe it doesn't have roast beef. Roast beef is probably definitely the lowest on the deli meats for sure, but that's just what comes on that sandwich. And then they have all the all the hot sauces to choose from. But my Tier three, I've been going back and forth on this because I think this is people get you. People fucking out to get you, depending on how low some of your tears are, that like, oh, that should be your fucking tier one. Then I would have went with you. And it's like, listen, we're trying to rate the greatest sandwiches.
Speaker 2: You don't need external validation. It's all internal.
Speaker 1: You're right, But doing a podcast and living on Twitter, you kinda I'm trying to get to a million followers. So but my tier three, I'm gonna go with Jimmy Johns for a cold sub. I'm going to Jimmy John's freaky fast, freaking good.
Speaker 2: Their bread. I love their bread, I love how fool.
Speaker 1: I love how full their sandwiches for real, I love how full their sandwiches.
Speaker 2: The Mayo that oh I got that one time.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm like, all about the Italian nightclub. Italian nightclub.
Speaker 2: Is there a country club as well?
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think it might be the Italian Nightclub at Bacon or one of those at Bacon.
Speaker 2: The country club might already have bacon. But the way those.
Speaker 1: Things fit in your hand, and the Mayo that they swab all over the bread.
Speaker 2: Dude, dude, he definitely thought about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, how do you not? You see all the Mayo they they like their mascot is Mayo.
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about your presentation. Of that. No, you got mayo around the rim, you got me. I love the the Jimmy windows with the foot long and everything like that.
Speaker 1: I was like, what I do love about Jimmy Johnson is how packed in it is, you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, especially for a cold sub There's no other really cool sub Johns Bread and Mao alone is yes.
Speaker 1: Because all the other spots, like I'm usually getting like a toasted sandwich, My Tier two is gonna be. I'm sticking to my roots. I'm sticking old faithful. It's never let me down high growing up, school, college on this sandwich at any point of your life.
Speaker 2: No, you can, dude, Subway fresh fresh people are probably gonna drag.
Speaker 1: But people are probably gonna drag.
Speaker 2: However, they're forgetting how they grew up.
Speaker 1: They're forgetting how they grew up because you get like picking sandwich from there, chicken bacon Ranch, to know what I grew up on, meat onion, chicken terry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got that. You had the home mad and you had the little local spot.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I'm talking about from Subway. I was really eating that tuna. No way, that ship was gasoline. But they just realized that or they just came about that there was zero tuna DNA in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this sh it's tough. I'm built different, I know it's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this sweet onion very yacky bacon. Get the banana peppers, get the onions, throw a party with the onions. Don't be shy. Obviously the sweet onion. Saw some honey mustard and I usually put it on what.
Speaker 2: What is it? The uh the honey honey bread, honey honey out or honey yea, yeah, the honey oot bread is usually why I get it. Am I really not getting that?
Speaker 1: Italian urban urban cheese? Urban cheese is fire as wells alone there. But you know when you're you know, when you're a young cat and you want everything sweet. I'm talking about to get a sweet team, drop two sweet loads in it. So that's why I would get the honey oo bread foot long on sub boy sweet onion chicken chicken Kerioki. Also don't sleep on their fucking cookie experience boys O boy cookies or fire that Macadamian nut chocolate chip. Pick your poison their chips. Fire They got the lays, They got everything you need. Yeah, my Tier one dude, you just had a great taste for subway, right. It's just I forgot where I came from exactly. And I do think people that are gonna drag me. People that are going to drag me, they're gonna just because I get it. We've gotten older. I thought subway was like the best subway spot. Then I go to college. I learned about Jimmy John's, I learned about all these other places quiz Nose, Firehouse, Pop Belly, and You're just like, oh shit, Subway's really not like that. It's kind of like the Walmart of sandwiches. You can count on it, lowest prices guaranteed, and there's a little bit of everything for everyone there.
Speaker 8: You should run for president, you really, you really just made me believe subway was good for a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's fire right, No, my tier one.
Speaker 1: If all of these spots are lined up next to each other and I'm choosing a spot, gun to my fucking head, Hot belly sandwich, Yeah, okay, I'm getting the I'm getting the big don't you know what they call them?
Speaker 2: The Big? Yeah, the Big?
Speaker 1: You get the Big, You get the double meat chicken bacon ranch. Uh, fully fucking loaded. I want all of it.
Speaker 2: I want the hot peppers, I want the sauces, you want it.
Speaker 1: I want it all, and you're right, the uh the uh, the broccoli cheddar soup is a fucking money man. You get the little oyster crackers that come with it. They give you a little bag. Yeah, and there in their bad and I like the vibe when you go in there too. It's kind of dark, dude.
Speaker 8: And they got a pizza sub there that's good too, like they got you know, the meat they got. I just I'm solely just thinking Italian subs when I go in there.
Speaker 1: And they load it up, bro like you, but they're fucking like Yeah, it's like the Gerganchu one. So pop Belly Pop Belly is my tier one and that is my uh my tear talk for best sandwich chains nationally.
Speaker 2: Fellas comments concerns.
Speaker 8: Can we hear some we need a third person's your party? Third party?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you, big dog, I'll hit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love subs. I mean I think they're the most to lead. Probably lunch meal. I don't even put it in the best meal in general, but I know, talk to him Jack, that will take you know.
Speaker 7: I might get drugs if you're with us boys. Yes, subs were just it's easy. We have all grown up having them. If I have to go.
Speaker 6: Tier three, honorable mention, I'm gonna go Jimmy Johns just because it's freaky fast.
Speaker 7: It's easy. If you're on the run. You see Jimmy Johns. You're running through there.
Speaker 6: Jimmy Johns in college, in and out in five minutes, cloud deep.
Speaker 2: Road deep in the sub.
Speaker 6: Tier three For me, though, what didn't even mention even in conversation with all but is witch Witch?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 2: Never had it. That's why I never heard of it either.
Speaker 7: Which witch they closed down?
Speaker 2: The one j that ain't valid.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is witch Witch. You like, go in, you get like a h.
Speaker 6: It's like this, and they got all the stuff on it and you just kind of mark it with a sharpie.
Speaker 7: Anyways, I really enjoyed a witch Witch.
Speaker 2: Market with a sharpie. I think everybody does that.
Speaker 7: No, you like go in and like you write your order down.
Speaker 6: That's a fun experience. Yeah, fun experience experience. Yeah, man, you get creative with that and they yell it easily. I like a good Witchwitch sub a while. So I don't know if that's part of the reason it's just in my brain. Number two for me is going to be the pub sub. From a cost perspective, it's it's so cheap for so much food. Love the Italian a hallowed sub. There is the chicken tinder sub. You have to be tossing some buffalo if you're into that kind of thing. They they do it.
Speaker 7: It's quality, fresh bread every day. So love a good pub sub.
Speaker 6: And for me, Tier one is gonna have to be Jersey Mikes because it's something I grew up with, kind of like your subway, which I also grew up the subway, and the subway smell alone as a kid, would sell you.
Speaker 7: You walk in there and you're like, some it's a drug.
Speaker 2: It's something.
Speaker 6: Subway, though, is not on my list, not even close, even though I'd had it two weeks ago. I don't Jared, but number one, Jared, Yeah, that's a whole nother.
Speaker 7: Yeah we can get into lay.
Speaker 1: Hey, why not even close? Can we talk about that? Can we dive in?
Speaker 7: I think it was one of those things as a kid.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 6: It was like Mom's like, yeah, we're gonna get Subway. It's like you go in there just for a smell. It was amazing, and then as you grew up, it was almost like, uh, I thought lungs on Tuesdays. But the thing is now there's no they They like dollars you and get a foot long sub but subway you keep a drink. You're coming out of there, like twelve dollars. It's like back in the day, I get almost you know, two and a half subs for this, like what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, prices went up until and hit hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah all time. I but I don't know sub boys.
Speaker 6: Like it's like when you rewatch a movie when you were a kid that used to love and you're also like, yo, this movie's ass, Like it does not hold up over time, like it's just not there anymore, but like you still appreciate it for what you had as a childhood.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like, damn, what a what a movie?
Speaker 6: If you watch and you're like, man, like if I was a kid and there's like a grown man dresses a clown trying to steal my dog, like me and my homie's just gonna beat this dude's ass, Like the story doesn't hold up, but over time, yeah, appreciate it for what it was Anyways, fact to number one Jersey Mike's great selection of subs, quality ingredients. I love their breads and never like stale, and it's never too soft. It's like right during that equally rium of perfect bread to me. So yeah, I don't know subs in general, I'll eat all of them.
Speaker 2: I wish I.
Speaker 6: Could put pop Belly in mine, but I just haven't had as much experience with pop Belly. I've only had it like two or three times, So I can't with a clean conscious put that in there because it's just not my sub.
Speaker 7: But I think I might go get it later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was thinking about doing with public, So I'm like everybody in the back would know I'm kind of fraudulent by claiming pubs up.
Speaker 6: The only the only issue with pub subs is you have to go into a grocery store and it just kind of the line can be long. It takes you know, it takes away from the experience almost Someone's like next, You're like, yo, can I get a pound of salami?
Speaker 7: And it's like, I'm just trying to get this sub in there either. Yeah, you got a.
Speaker 8: Holler a guy good, Like when you're going grocery shopping there, and then you're like, I'm just gonna go sub.
Speaker 2: On the way out so you don't eat your groceries already.
Speaker 7: Sure, yeah you can go for a two for one that it's money.
Speaker 1: But what I do appreciate about this to your talk and conversation is just that everybody's paying homage to fucking every brand out there because.
Speaker 2: No negativity, dude, negativity, no negative vibes.
Speaker 1: Boys, But Jack, I like, I definitely understand that angle of subway. It's like, now that I'm thirty two, I rarely go into a subway, but I would feel I don't know, I think my younger self would not be proud of the man I am today if I didn't like pay how much the subway, what it did for my life growing up.
Speaker 7: And I got subway two weeks not even two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: What did you get? What'd you get?
Speaker 6: I got the uh the spicy Italian.
Speaker 2: It's a good one.
Speaker 6: There's some spinach, red onion, jalapenos, banana, pepper's.
Speaker 7: Little uh sach.
Speaker 2: There's zero lettuce are green, there's plant touching.
Speaker 6: The boy got rid of spicy mustard on their sauce menu. The boy deleted spicy mustard, which to me that was that was the falling point, is when everything just went downhill.
Speaker 2: I have disagree.
Speaker 1: I think spicy mustard isn't even in the top three sauce at their spot.
Speaker 8: Okay, can I go Yeah, yeah, I would judge a place by their mustard. Mustard is like the best mondament for me. That's a good condiment to love. Yeah, like a mustard, I think sean honey, spicy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the German in me though. I just love like the grainy mustard.
Speaker 1: Too, like I'm German as well. You just scooped the soft pressed German German just scooping thinking like a quarter and a half of it was a great combo though. But over Mayo, hands down, He's right. I disagree. I think Mayo.
Speaker 2: Dude, name is Mayo. That's why you like it? Need to Mayo.
Speaker 1: Get a little bit on your lip when you get done eating so out you got a little bit right there, like I'm not doing my sandwich.
Speaker 2: You yeah, scoop it.
Speaker 1: Hey the honey mustard, the sweet onion sauce, yeah, ran yeah, I mean, come on, sweet onion sauce is gas Okay.
Speaker 2: Hey shout out sandwiches for real.
Speaker 1: I'll be interested to see what Taylor's tears are outside of a tier one we noticed here one is We're not gonna say it because it's gonna be his moment.
Speaker 2: Uh, but he's got What.
Speaker 7: Else do we have?
Speaker 6: We have?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 8: I have?
Speaker 1: I'm missed anything. It's been an hour forty nine. Boys, we've had a great fucking time. Did we not, oh divine to Adam? Did we know he was gonna leave the whole time?
Speaker 2: Come on, dude, I can't say anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that means yes, we got we needed. Everybody goes subscribe anything else.
Speaker 8: I'm happy for him that he got everything that he deserves. He's happy, his family's growing. That dude deserves everything that he wants and wherever he wants to go.
Speaker 2: I'll say that what that was well said? H What did h Foster Morrow say? Was his nickname? Is that his nickname? Vont? No?
Speaker 1: You never called him vont never. I'm hearing that's what he's That's what the boys.
Speaker 2: If he switched. Maybe it's just different. Maybe he's different. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm hearing. That's the rumor out of Vegas. Maybe Uh, but all right, do we need to get a top five tight end ranking out of him? I mean I feel like we already have that by people not from him. Here to show your top hurt your.
Speaker 8: Top, I will yeah, I was gonna say, I will give you because everyone's good and rankings really don't mean ship, especially coming from anyone.
Speaker 1: That's what the boys. Rankings mean everything. So we put our list out there. It's fucking bible.
Speaker 8: I will say, this are five tight ends that I watch, Like, these are like the five guys games that.
Speaker 2: I study for like my benefit.
Speaker 8: I mean, obviously you know you self study, so I'll take myself out of the top five for the list I will go.
Speaker 2: I mean g Trav d Wall, I'm just looking at like in my iPad. I mean I love Skit. I mean I study Mark. I mean I study sadies too.
Speaker 8: Like those are the five like people that I just truly study, like study study.
Speaker 1: All Right, Andrews from Baltimore study He wasn't at tight in you.
Speaker 2: Was he not? This year?
Speaker 8: No am I missing anyone off the top of my head that like, I mean, I also study TJ.
Speaker 1: Because damn, but I studied t J. I was ready for him. Be like, no, you know, hey, that was a great episode. Hey, teach that sucks.
Speaker 8: So the the people that I study the most are George and TJ. Because I know mentally what they're thinking. Oh god, you know what I'm saying. Because I know them. I'm close with them, so I know like what they're seeing, what they're thinking, YadA, YadA. And that's why I like, it's so easy for me to study George because I mean, we have again one brain half and a half.
Speaker 2: Just figure it out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I would Yeah, so other than Sadie's like, I just studied Sades blocking obviously, so I would go. The people that I study George, trev Mark d wall In, TJ.
Speaker 2: No particular order, all right, and do not put an order.
Speaker 1: We well use the first one that he said with TJ out of it, and then we'll tag t.
Speaker 2: I literally just saw him as we're leaving PT. He's like, oh you got busting l hell yeah, right over my head. He's got a he's coming on Thursday. Yeah that's what you're saying. What are we gonna ask TJ? Is you anything we should ask him? I can't wait. He's just such a sweetheart, dude. Yes, I love. It's just a great dude.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you for coming on though, bro, Like I always like, uh, Like I said this earlier in the pod, but I always appreciate like your perspective on everything.
Speaker 2: Because we had that pod last year.
Speaker 1: I remember leaving, like driving home and telling my wife and stuff like yo. I just I really enjoyed being around like George and Rob. It was my first time meeting you. I was like, just have like vibes to where it's the environment you want to be around, especially if you're training and like doing everything else. I thought, like what you guys have done kind of in Nashville, putting a little squad together and everything else.
Speaker 2: I think it's fucking awesome like something that I.
Speaker 1: Not that I didn't have it, but you're like, man, that would have been cool to like have like linebackers like that, the way you guys are with your tight ends and then you turn your acl and kind of text me to you a couple of times and just catching up with you every now and then. I've just always appreciated your kind of like perspective and mental fortitude and mental like development over time, and it's just you know, I just wanted to tell you, but I appreciate it coming on.
Speaker 8: I appreciate you guys were having me do I always have a buss. You guys are the best. I love seeing you guys like out and shit like that.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: Dude. You gave us the You gave me my better one of the probably my best bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, we didn't even talk about that. We can talk about that because I I Oh my gosh, we didn't even talk about that. Hey, do me a favorite? Shit the fuck up? Yeah, what do you want to talk about of T shirts? Dude?
Speaker 8: Did you get the one? Like, no, I'm not even talking about that. You put it on black and white T shirt. Ain't nobody buying a black and white T shirt? I do understand. And you're talking about vibes. You gotta put tid eye on that, bitch. Yeah, I I do me a favor, And it's like, oh, hell yeah, turn around, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Yeah gas so black. We weren't able to do multiple colors. Garrett can attest to this working with merchandise.
Speaker 2: Now. Now our merchandise is doing well.
Speaker 1: Paid for everybody store dot barstool sports dot com, correct slash bus with the boys, go to our store, continue to buy merch But at that point we're kind of handcuffed on stuff that we can do because we weren't like proving concepts over time or like one would be really good but the others weren't.
Speaker 2: Like doing as well.
Speaker 8: I should have trademarked it before you took off with it and just sued you for everything you fucking have.
Speaker 2: Just do me a favor, shut the fuck up. Yeah in court. I mean now it's like now, ye court.
Speaker 1: Just standing in there, fucking suit and tie and everything will come to the stand.
Speaker 2: But yeah, now I'm like taking people for walks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean no, I'm glad that you, like, you know, brought you know, more to it. But you know you could have tagged me in a couple of them, right, I think I did the first time. Oh wow, out of your one hundred videos, I gave you literally your best content. Here's the thing, best content. I was just talking shit.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: The credit credit goes to Rob and George for their Xbox uh fucking ship talking on Hey do it?
Speaker 2: You met them, squad, you met the boys.
Speaker 1: George is such an interesting cat man, Like George is like all you guys are about welcoming fucking I'm not that everybody shouldn't be. But you guys got your Bomb Squad Xbox team that you've never met in person out of Kittlefest. George's got a group chat on Instagram that flew out onto Kittlefest that he was just they they're just football fans that me that meme him and like talk football with him, and George just never stopped responding.
Speaker 2: And then they're all flying out.
Speaker 1: To Kittlefest and all these different varieties and people are at Kittlefest.
Speaker 8: Which is a fucking change. It just like changes like their life. Like they'll never experience that ever. Yeah, which is cool. I mean that's I mean, that's g though. Yeah, that's an experience for sure. Yeah, George is awesome.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, from your guys, just Bomb Squad to do me a favorite stuff the taken for a walk, All.
Speaker 2: That came from you guys. I wish you guys would do it. What do you mean like you guys, because you know I'm not like that on social media I know, and you probably wouldn't be causing shut the fuck up to people.
Speaker 8: I mean I do like public, yeah, I mean I do behind closed doors. Like I told you, man, those fourteen year olds do not want this smoke, dude.
Speaker 2: They do not.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but they got a couple other ones that I probably shouldn't say camera that are funny, though.
Speaker 2: I'll say one. I got one good ones. I got a good one, like when you're when you're not doing a good job and they're like, oh, like, you know, like my name on there is like whatever, what is your name? Oh wait? Wait, oh yeah, you can't say it because.
Speaker 8: So they'll say my name and be like, oh, look you know you're where were you that fucking round like zero kills? I'm like, oh, hold on, sorry, I couldn't fucking see the screen. Your girl was sitting on my face.
Speaker 2: Just going after him. That fucking dude, your girl's ass cheeks are on my face. I can't see ship. Talking on over video games and stuff is so iconic.
Speaker 8: And then they'll be like, well I don't have a girl. I'm like, I wonder why. It's just a constant looking loser. They just get back to playing, just constantly just going back. Well, I appreciate you, bro, No, I appreciate you, dude. Give me you're all pointer finger dude. See I read that about you. Oh you're talking about the yeah, the pointer Yeah. Every time I read that about you and I go a pointer finger. I'm a good reader.
Speaker 2: Oh you doing now? No, I do it with you because you're a pointer finger.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're trying to, like, you know, legacy, you're spreading it around green Bay and now the whole squad and green Bay's doing it.
Speaker 2: You're not like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're not him, You were not him, you are not him.