Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many. Consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from.
Speaker 2: Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answer my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine, nine hundred and ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage NMLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome back number two.
Speaker 4: Kentucky Sports Radio eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven Here sponsored by Clayton and Krom. Go to Clayton and Croom cruimmy dot com for leather goods from Kentucky. They've got bags, they got belts, they got everything you want. Kentucky partner at Clayton Andcroom dot com. Uh, people are telling me that they said that Porter Moser, that suit, tye and jacket combo. He had been five and oh in he said it was his lucky combo. Ah, well, I guess it ain't that lucky. I'd go ahead and get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It just that's not I mean, I'm not. You know, there's a lot of coaches that dress better than I do, but I now know one I.
Speaker 3: Dress better than. And it's a coach of Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: I think that stat's worse because you're telling me he's worn that in public five other times.
Speaker 3: Once was plenty.
Speaker 6: It's like a plaid gray jacket, red tie, black shirt, black pants and camo.
Speaker 3: And he had a purple handkerchief.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: None of those colors go together. And it just it was such an odd He looked like a batman villain.
Speaker 2: If if I was a coach and I was four and old, I probably would have worn again I keep wearing it good luck.
Speaker 3: He may get fired by the way. I mean, he's kind of right.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's going to be the outfit, but he uh you know, he's got They're gonna make the tournament, probably cans.
Speaker 3: He's probably gonna get fourteen team.
Speaker 6: That isn't crazy.
Speaker 2: It's great because Texas. You think Texas is in now, right, I mean I would think so.
Speaker 4: After that game, I think I think Texas, I mean right, Lenardi has him as the last team in Okay, so uh so we'll see. I mean, I guess they're the ones that we'll have to wait and see. But fourteen team, I mean, the only only two teams won't make the.
Speaker 6: Kick them out. They don't belong, not making a mockery of the SEC. What are they doing?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable right, it's it's something we may never ever see again.
Speaker 4: Let's go over some of the other stuff. Louisville hits a buzzer beater. Yep, Hepburn, Hepburgh, Chucky Hepburn. I don't know what that dude was doing for. Uh uh who they play Stanford? Stanford Like he just threw the ball to Chucky Hepburn, who hit it. Uh that kid's legend has grown for U of L. That he's gonna go down as one of their most pull up players. Probably he's good too. He played, we played well against Kentucky. So I ask you this on the pregame show. Is Louiville the favorite to win the conference now that the flags hurt?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I say, I think honestly the four teams are now pretty.
Speaker 3: Even that are left. But we'll see.
Speaker 4: But remember Louisville has not it is I'm not trying to downplay Louisville, but.
Speaker 3: Louisll's first three games in the ACC.
Speaker 4: Were North Carolina, Duke and Clempson. Like they haven't played anybody this whole year.
Speaker 3: Yeah until I mean, and.
Speaker 4: They they they won the North, they lost the North Caroline Duke game, I think or No. One North Carolina and Clempson lost to Duke. But they literally those are their first three games. They have not played anyone in a month and a half. So they will play Clempson. It'll be interesting to just watch them drew against a good team because they haven't played one him forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as much as we think they SEC has been crazy for how good it is the ACC has been so bad. I saw a stat that they didn't even have a ranked game all year, Like two ranked teams didn't play each other all season in the ACC.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. I know that sounds weird, but I watched the Paul. They were up like ten on Creighton. They did what we did, except they lost, and uh, I feel so sorry.
Speaker 3: For twying PB at De Paul.
Speaker 4: They've lost more games at the end, but they had Creighton beat. They are setting up where there could be a Saint John's Yukon final Tomorrow night in the Garden, which could be, like Shannon, one of the great atmospheres of all time. If you get Saint John's and Yukon in Madison Square Garden on a Saturday night for the Big East title, that'll be one of the better college basketball games in the Garden in years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And Saint John's, man, they are just rolling right now. So that'll be Rick Patino's third opportunity to beat Danny Hurley, right because they beat them twice already this year.
Speaker 3: But I mean, those two teams both can sell out the Garden.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so if you put them both in there together, that could be Ryan just an amazing atmosphere.
Speaker 2: And you know, don't count out Patino man, you know, win that one.
Speaker 3: He is the one seed, So I'm not counting out that.
Speaker 2: Guy's a magician. I just know they're gonna end up in our bracket. Just know it. When the brackets come out, somehow, Saint John's is going to be in Kentucky's bracket.
Speaker 6: The latest is u C l A.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 4: I mean, again, we could without Butler. Like, let's say we play UCLA. I mean that game could be a toss up, you know. I mean, I don't think we're a huge favorite against any of those six seeds without them, but we can also win.
Speaker 3: I mean, we can win that game.
Speaker 6: And then they got Texas techas the two in Florida.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know if we can beat them, but I.
Speaker 6: Think, you know, Florida may not make it that far. You never know. That's exactly right. They could lose. Bracket opens up every year, so there's.
Speaker 4: No you're you're you're exactly right about that. Big twelve Kansas out. What a disappointing year for them.
Speaker 2: They've had an awful year. They also ruined our KSR parlay this week. So it makes me even more mad at Kansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think Mississippi State ruined ours this week. We we we.
Speaker 4: That's two in a row where we've had four of the five games and and uh and didn't get the fifth. But they are now out, so you're gonna get a new Big Twelve winner for for for the first time.
Speaker 3: In a long time.
Speaker 2: Don't even know who's still alive in the Big Twelve tournament right now.
Speaker 4: U b yu Texas Tech? Who beat who beat them yesterday? Kansas someone Arizona, I don't know who the who? The other one the other one is Arkansas loses on a buzzer beater that might have been the second biggest cheer in the arena besides Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Right Brazil at the free throw line with two free throws to put them ahead, missed them both and then they go down Ole. Miss Padulla hadn't hit a three all game. Boom hits it for the game winner.
Speaker 3: I hated to see that.
Speaker 6: That was awesome.
Speaker 5: Never been a bigger old miss fan for two hours like I was yesterday. I just did want a scenario where Cow's playing on Saturday or Sunday ye back.
Speaker 6: Home that could have easily happened to that whole way. Shot doesn't go in, and you know it could.
Speaker 5: We didn't want them to keep going, right, But you know, our biggest complaints was him not going far in the SEC tournament.
Speaker 3: If he would have turned around and done it with them, that would have been hard to watch. And Cal told him to mister free throws, He's got an unconventional style.
Speaker 6: I'll never understand that logic. But you know what I'm I'm not a Hall of coach.
Speaker 3: You don't understand the lack of convention.
Speaker 6: I remember that next time I screw up here on the job.
Speaker 5: I liked the Arkansas fans defending it like, well, we didn't need to win that because we need to rest.
Speaker 3: Rest for what you haven't anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah so so anyway, uh, yesterday just overall in college basketball, an amazing day of really just an amazing day and culminated with our victory.
Speaker 3: Who's up next? Michael is up next? Michael, go ahead, Michael.
Speaker 8: Hey, Fellas, I want to give a huge shout out to my buddy Brock Lloyd. It's his birthday weekend. We watched a lot of games together. The huge UK fan listens to y'all every day. I was at his house last night watching the game. Me and my family was there the last few few minutes. Man, I was, I was so upset about what was going on. I started putting my shoes on. He knew I was about to walk out the door of his house because I just thought we just blew it. And then when Otaga hits that shot, I mean he like bear hugged me AND's like up just pumped up about it. So it was amazing watching Otega do that again to his you know, former team. But if you're Butler, would you do anything you could to play your last few games? I mean kind of pull out like that Michael Jordan vibe when he had the flu game.
Speaker 4: We don't know what the injury is. I mean, this is this is not a flu like if your shoulders separated, its separated, Like you can't just all of a sudden will it to be good.
Speaker 3: So you know, we don't know what the injury is.
Speaker 8: They said he pulled. They said he was able to reach his show, you know, pull his or lift his arm above his head. So I would think if.
Speaker 4: It, but that doesn't mean he can play. I mean there's a difference between respectfully, you have no idea what you're talking about. I mean, if you if you tear, you know, you can tear a shoulder and still be able to painfully lift your shoulder up in the air.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean you can.
Speaker 4: Go get hit play a basketball game as a physical point guard who has to reach in and.
Speaker 6: Like you gonna have more mobility than just raising your arm up. It's gotta go every way.
Speaker 4: I mean, you got a lot of stuff you have to do, so I listen. I'm not gonna question Jackson Robinson or Lamont Butler's toughness because they both tried to come back when they didn't necessarily have to, right, So I I I'm whatever happens, it happens both.
Speaker 2: Of the injuries are then he never required surgery. Jackson's already had his. If it's a torn laborhim, he's probably gonna have to have surgery. I mean, the kids are playing through a lot of pain, and you know he wants to play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, last thing I'm gonna do his question Lamt Butler's toughness, I mean, and you know willing us to play. If he could play, he would play. But I just don't I think a situation.
Speaker 4: He would look, these guys careers are over and and and both Lama Butler especially, but probably Jackson right, like, they're never gonna play in the NBA, Like this is probably gonna be the biggest games they're gonna have. So if they could get out there, Drew, they'd get out there right absolutely.
Speaker 5: I mean, Butler got a taste of this at San Diego State that final four run. They come to Kentucky to do something bigger and finish the job. They only have a few weeks left in their careers. However, however it plays out, I assume they'd want to be out there if they had any possibility, if they could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's next? Adam is up? Adam? Go ahead, Adam.
Speaker 9: I guess I've been hit or miss on the on the show today, So I don't know if you've already scressed this. Have you talked about the latest bracketology in the Lexington Region?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: No? What is the Lexington Region?
Speaker 9: So the latest Linardi update has Louisbell as a seven, Arkansas as a ten, Alabama as the two, but Saint John's is the three. What if Saint John's could bump up to that too? And you would have Louisbell, John Caliperry, and Rick Patina all coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now, so let me let me read you the less Joys. That's it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you bringing that up. So right now, he's got the games in Lexington. As Auburn plays against the bad team Marquett.
Speaker 3: And Baylor, that's not a big one.
Speaker 4: But then the bottom half Louisville versus Arkansas Alabama? Whoffer can you imagine Louisville versus Arkansas as a first round game in Lexington?
Speaker 3: Who you root for?
Speaker 10: Lie?
Speaker 6: I would kind of want to be at that game.
Speaker 4: Well, you can go if we don't go Louisville Arkansas, my goodness in Lexing.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. Who are you for? Who you're rooting for? Now?
Speaker 4: Who you're rooting for in the first round of louis Arkson. I'm go go ahead and say it. I'm rooting for Louisville.
Speaker 2: Wow did he actually say that?
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not rooting for Louisville past that game, like if they play Alabama in the next game, roll Todd, But in.
Speaker 6: His sec it's supposed to be more.
Speaker 4: But I don't want John Caliperry getting a tournament win on rupp Aerena's floor. Yeah, Louis When they won the NCAA Tournament in twenty thirteen, they won their first two games in Lexington on that run.
Speaker 3: Remember I was in the elevator with Tom Jurch and his son during that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say it if it's little Arkansas l.
Speaker 3: One C four.
Speaker 2: Got the audio Rick save the spit water in his mouth again?
Speaker 6: Who you pick Louisville?
Speaker 11: Okay, what about you for me? Never you're you're rooting for Arkansas, you're saying, you're saying pigsu I would not use rooting for Arkansas. You have to pick over my dead body? Am I saying? Pig Suey orgo cards? But of the two evils, I would rather Arkansas get a win than see for Louisill. It's about the program for Arkansas, it's about the coach. So I would rather have Arkansas win than than Louisvill too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Two two? What about you all here sitting here, Mario l one? Why there's one for l one? What about you, Pig Suey? What you got l one? See four? Three?
Speaker 2: I think the point of the whole thing is you don't want Caliperry to win a game on read his floor twice this season, to beat us and then to beat Arkansas.
Speaker 6: No, I picked Louisville.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sorry, Yes, I got you. Okay, who's up next? Mark?
Speaker 12: Is next?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 13: What do you got Mark? Good morning, gentlemen, Good morning. I wanted to get on Shane. I wanted to get on Shannon. He said, people don't have things to do Saturday. Some of us gotta work, man, So I know.
Speaker 6: Saw it. But I mean, like the majority of people have money through Friday jobs. I know the world doesn't shut down on Saturdays, got it.
Speaker 13: Jordany of us have Saturday jobs too?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Sorry, well I got I guess I do too. Then if I have you know I'm on the air Saturday.
Speaker 3: We'll go ahead, sir, What do you got?
Speaker 14: I'll be up at Saturday at five thirty, just like.
Speaker 3: I was this morning. All right, anything else not go cats.
Speaker 6: He just wanted us to know that he's a harder working man. I got you. Go punch the clock to feel bad.
Speaker 3: You feel bad. I appreciate it, horrible, and you need to feel bad.
Speaker 6: People on Saturday.
Speaker 3: All right, Shade is next, Shane.
Speaker 15: What's up, Hey, guys, what a great day, man. So today is picture day for my two little ones. I have a fourth grader and a second grader and they had to get in bed early, and so the house had to shut down kind of early, and I had to watch the game at the back of the house and be real quiet, and of course, you know, I'm I'm trying to temper all my excitement during the game, and and course at the end of the game, when we're looking like we're gonna let this thing slip away, I was just, you know, I was. I was making sure that I wasn't gonna wake the house up with just you know, yelling at the TV. But when Otega hit that shot man and when they went wild, and when the SEC network was just showing all of the replays, I couldn't roll. I could not wind down. I was up listening to you guys until three thirty. I had to take my cornbread hemp sleep gummy so I can get to bed, and I didn't Thank God for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I got to go ahead.
Speaker 15: I got to see the Red I got to see the Blood Moon. I wasn't plan on it. But I got to see it, and what an amazing Yeah, what an amazing time to be a Kentucky fan. These guys are such a gift, the whole team, as well as the staff, as well as our coach. You know, it's just fantastic, and I'm so thankful for all of our fans that are we're able to make the trip down to Nashville. I've got some prime you right there.
Speaker 4: I to go, have to got you out. I appreciate, appreciate the appreciate. It called serfpro dot com. If you have a water or wind disaster, serf pro dot com. We hope you don't need this, but be ready s e r vp r O dot com. Though restore your home as good as new. If you have firewater damage, clean up in restoration, it's serve pro. I was just talking to one of my buddies here who had some damage. He lives close to Ashville during the thing. Oh yeah, serve pro.
Speaker 3: It could come in, fix your home, make it like it didn't even happen.
Speaker 4: It's servepro dot com. That's se r vp r O dot com. We will take a break and be right back. I'll give you an update on this poll. I polled it on Twitter. We'll see what our fans pick. That's here on KSR, Welcome back, it is Tucky Sports Radio eight from nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Here's a little interesting story outside of the world basketball for a second University of Texas.
Speaker 3: Golfer Luke Potter. Do Luke Potter? Do you know who Luke Potter is?
Speaker 2: He's a University of Arizona golfer Texas.
Speaker 3: Maybe he just listened to the first part of the story.
Speaker 4: He was at TPC Sawgrass with his buddies and Rory McElroy was playing in practice around and he started heckling Rory McElroy.
Speaker 3: Uh he hit a drive on eighteen into the water.
Speaker 4: Porter was standing outside the road, asked for himself and started heckling him and was like video in him.
Speaker 3: The problem is because he's a golfer for Texas.
Speaker 4: Somebody I d d him on the broadcast and was like that's Texas golfer Luke Potter. And now he absolutely getting destroyed. He has apologized and said, uh, yeah, I'm sorry about that. His his coach, though, has a great line.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 4: They asked his coach, why do you supporter First of all, I apologized. Look, I made a mistake. I apologize for it. I'll take ownership of it. That's a good apology.
Speaker 3: But his golf coach, I think was trying to help him.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this helped Drew. He goes he's got a hole in his heart. When he opened his mouth, he had no idea what would come out, and then it resulted in that fashion.
Speaker 6: That's quite a statement.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think he was doing them any favors. Just like the apologies, I think the apology is fine.
Speaker 4: Drew, he had what do He opened his mouth, he had no idea what words we're gonna come out of his mouth.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at coach, what's going on there? Throw me under the bus.
Speaker 5: The video is neat because Rory just walks over and takes his phone out of his hand and walks off with it. The kids just standing there stunned. He like looks at the person with him, like what just happened? And then Rory just walks down the fairway with his phone.
Speaker 6: It's not like Ryan, you know, when he opens his mouth, I have no idea what he's gonna say.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, you can't just walk around smacking people. So he had to take his phone and just walk down the Fairwell.
Speaker 2: I think the coach is kind of saying it ain't the first time that Lucas said something.
Speaker 4: Saying that about Ryan. Yeah, when he makes one of his sort.
Speaker 6: Of you know, off color remarks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he said.
Speaker 4: Something that I'm gonna go, you know what, when he smopens his mouth, he has no idea what's good. It's a hard yes, yes, a whole one, and he doesn't know what to do. All right, So Alabama only a five and a half point favorite.
Speaker 15: Drew.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to bet on Alabama because I can't bet against Kentucky. But if I was going to to five and a half, I'd probably bet on Alabama.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think Kentucky's a big underdog today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was surprised the line was that low. I almost wondered if they were ready to hit that button before they knew anything about Butler, because this is the way I know it was at Tuscaloosa, but they won by twelve or something down there, played well and rup one by five and up with a healthier team.
Speaker 3: I was shocked to do you that little And I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't bet on Alabama, but you're probably not gonna catch me betting on Kentucky to cover.
Speaker 2: Which of the four games today you think could be a potential upset.
Speaker 3: Ah, I mean none.
Speaker 4: I actually think oddly Texas over Tennessee is the biggest chance been upset, just because Trey Johnson can go off. You know he could get But I honestly I think probably all four favorites win if you make me predict. But because I don't think Missouri is great old miss just out of their style. I mean, they've beaten Auburn once, so maybe maybe, but to me that makes it more likely Auburn win.
Speaker 3: So I really don't know if any of them are going to be upsets.
Speaker 5: Auburt's coming in oh and two in the last week. I don't see a world where they're losing three in a row.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't.
Speaker 4: I think I think Texas might have the be chance, even though that might be the biggest spread I could see them that would be the one.
Speaker 2: That's what I picked too, because Tennessee they're not the greatest offensive team.
Speaker 4: Think about Tennessee, the way they play they can beat anybody, but they can also lose because they because they can go long piers without scoring.
Speaker 3: Right. So so I don't you know, that's.
Speaker 6: My three straight days that was gonna catch up with you at some point in Texas is now gonna.
Speaker 3: Be then Tennessee, I'll have a lot of fans. I think.
Speaker 4: I think you under rate we get so excited about Big Blue Nation that we underrate how many people Auburn and Tennessee break. They're not quite at the Arkansas peak during the nineties, but they're getting there in terms of fans. I mean, Tennessee and Auburn have by distinctly the second and third best fan base right now.
Speaker 3: Drew with these tournaments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember last year and I got a little cocky with celebrating Tennessee's early lost, but they played them with.
Speaker 3: The noon game.
Speaker 5: I think, so we really never got that packed atmosphere where they're all there at once. I think Tennessee fans were going quickly, Kentucky fans were gone quickly. This year's gonna be a little different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's up next? Got Mike up next? Mike, go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys.
Speaker 7: As a motivational deal, if you were Mark Pope, would you not bring your national championship ring to one of the practice or even into the locker room and say, hey, guys, you want one of these, go get it?
Speaker 4: He may he probably already has done that, I would think, I mean, I would assume he has noted his national championship days. I think he did it from the first time he was there. So, you know, I appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like you got national championship aspirations right now. It's a it really is kind of a how many more can we win? Right That's at least the way I look at it.
Speaker 2: And I think last night was huge. You gotta win in March at the SEC tournament in Nashville after the fan bases was just craving for it. I still think it needs to get to win in the NCAA tournament. We don't want to be a one and done next week. To get that one, and then I think most fans, for what they've gone through losing all these guys injuries, will be satisfied.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta take it one day at a time. I mean, that's that's just the life of the tournament, you know. You can't look too far ahead. So you know, if they can get by today, you know, they have a chance to make a miraculous run if they were to somehow go that day, like if they were to beat Alabama, if they.
Speaker 4: Were to win to nine, Yeah you should go ahead and like say, I move my A minus to an A for Mark Pope, I really do, I mean if they win to nine, because I don't think they really have any business. You know, we've talked about overperforming. I think they over performed with their full roster. You take Robinson and Butler off. I mean, just look what we have right now. We got the six man in Oklahoma, right, we got a dude that's been on a two year mission as our point guard. We got to transfer from Dayton, a transfer from Drexel, and a transfer from wake Forest.
Speaker 3: We have no business being in these games?
Speaker 6: Can we?
Speaker 3: Brad and even started dating? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Six man at Dayton, six man at Dayton, Like, we have no business being in these games. And so the fact that we do, the fact we are, I think is a huge testament to Pope.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two of our best recruits as a kid from Lyon County and a kid from hazard.
Speaker 3: Arln they're in the Sweet sixteen championship. Like, it's kind of it's like.
Speaker 6: The Island of misfit toys. I don't mean, I don't mean any disrespect, but it's just a hodgepodge of player.
Speaker 4: Wasn't wasn't Ansley almanor like the fourth biggest scorer at Fairley Dickinson. I mean, it's there's no reason for us to be in these games, but we are. And that's that's awesome. We'll take a break, be right back. It's Kentucky Sports Radio. It is time to score big at Don Franklin. This segment sponsored by the Don Franklin Jewish Dealership. You can get up to five thousand dollars off MSRP on a twenty twenty five buick Encore.
Speaker 3: What's a buick on Core?
Speaker 6: It's a buick on Core.
Speaker 3: I understand that's a buick, but like, what kind of like what does it look like? Is it a truck?
Speaker 2: Is a car kind of like my car? Kind of a quite a ban falling apart, big beautiful car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, twenty five thousand dollars or five thousand dollars off. Sorry, not twenty five thousand dollars off that'd be a lot. Don Franklin Auto dot Com six thousand vehicles. It's Don Franklin, driven by a family. We are here in Nashville. All right, let's go over some scheduling. Girls, Sweet sixteen is going on in Lexington. Games all day. Most of the favorites have continued to win, so games all day. Cooper and Sacred Heart tonight. Those are two big ones, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sacred Hearts like number one. Cooper's like number three.
Speaker 4: So it could be the state championship game. Maybe maybe tonight in the late night game. We will have the game at CHS Bar. You know, I say get there early, but the game, if it's like tonight last night, it might not start to winever, but get your seat. I think it should be a great atmosphere there tomorrow or excuse me, tonight.
Speaker 3: And two games in one day.
Speaker 4: When's the last time you think Kentucky played How many times Kentucky you think played the majority of two games in one day.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. You have to go back when the SEC tournament played semifinals and then the finals that night. Did they do that or was that though they did it like way back in like back, like a time friend.
Speaker 4: I mean, are we talking like what year, like eighteen eighty Uh, I'll go late seventies, early eighties.
Speaker 3: So you think they did two in one day.
Speaker 2: They played the semifinals and then played the final Saturday night before they moved it to Sunday that the.
Speaker 6: Fact checks you out.
Speaker 3: I think you're thinking of the high school sweet sexton. I think I'm will throw a challenge flag.
Speaker 11: I do not think the SEC ever played double headers double headers basketball SEC tournament.
Speaker 4: I mean he's singing the boys sweet sixteen. Maybe he's trying to like he's not, and I think that's what it is.
Speaker 6: You call him the Oscar comes a KSR. Oscar would know, no, No.
Speaker 4: He's not the Oscar. He's Oscar Homes, which is I'm twenty two eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Who's next? Doug? Is up next? Doug? Go ahead, Doug.
Speaker 16: Hey, guys, it's still out in Spokane. I just wanted to call and completely agree with Matt. I'm a pool for Arkansas on Repperena's floor.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 4: Well, the fans seem to agree with you. By the way, the fans seem to agree with you. I put the poll up. We now have four thousand votes. It's fifty six forty four will cheer for Louisville. Who would have ever thought that would be the case?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 3: But that gives you a sense.
Speaker 4: And Arkansas people have already retweeted trying to get Arkansas people to pick them. So I bet the actual Kentucky fan number is even higher than that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so all the way a little more than that one.
Speaker 7: Guys appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Have a Ryan update. Okay, he's right, He's right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I knew that was right.
Speaker 5: From nineteen thirty to nineteen fifty, they would occasionally do a double hitter, he.
Speaker 6: Said, seventies and eighties, but it went longer than that.
Speaker 3: It looks like nineteen fifty was the last time. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: By the way, I think it came up at one point in my long historic career.
Speaker 6: That's a better answer than what you normally give us a holiday express.
Speaker 3: Last night, because you stated Bestwesterne it's not just.
Speaker 2: The best Western, Matt, put some respect on the Western plug.
Speaker 4: Can I also tell you all at home how happy both Shannon and Ryan were to come in here and tell me, you know what they have at the best Western plus. And I'm thinking, what man, it's gotta be awesome. He was, like, in the lobby, they have massaging chairs.
Speaker 6: They too, and they're free. They're free and they are life changing.
Speaker 4: It's just like you're at Fayette Mall in nineteen ninety eight, except.
Speaker 3: You're at the fence now.
Speaker 6: I'm about to get on Amazon and buy one from my house. I don't know how much they cost. I don't care. It's like having a personal masseuse.
Speaker 2: After after ks R yesterday was Shannon had to do three hours standing up and he had to sit in that chair because he had a four hours.
Speaker 6: I don't care if everybody walking into the lobby sees me publicly getting a massage from a chair. I don't care. It may be a little awkward, but it's fine.
Speaker 3: I hope you at least keep on a towel.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm wrapping around my way as too.
Speaker 4: Mighty seven, be careful about the flip. Go ahead, okay, Matthew, you didn't like that.
Speaker 6: You guys are.
Speaker 3: Real hood you go ahead?
Speaker 10: By morning?
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning, how are you good things?
Speaker 10: I just want to say you mentioned the wall ago that you know our team, like, who do we have on this team? And I think It's a testament to how much heart these boys play with. And it's just been a fantastic season to watch them. And I enjoy listening to all show always fits a smile and a laugh in the day. And I want to get a shout out to Green County boys basketball. It's been a fun season to watch them. And lastly, Happy Pie Day?
Speaker 7: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Happy What Day?
Speaker 6: Pie four?
Speaker 3: Friday thirty one three one four? There you go. I appreciate the call. Did not think about Pie Day.
Speaker 2: I got something I'm gonna ask you.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't point at me.
Speaker 2: The Tornado game or Georgia. Did they not play two games that day? It played semifinals and then the finals that night they did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can tuck you wasn't in it, but yes, you're right they did do They did do that Georgia.
Speaker 2: Both Georgia beat us and then they won the championship.
Speaker 3: Hand look at you. Look at this guy. Kentucky wasn't in it, but you're right they did play two games.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was there for the when Kentucky played Georgia. I have one of the guys that got the show becau.
Speaker 4: Entucky played Georgia game was in the in the morning, and then they would have played later in the day had they won, and Georgia did play later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Georgia won the tournament.
Speaker 2: You're right. What was the dude's name from Georgia that hit the shot? Romel hit the shot to put us ahead, and then the white guy from Georgia.
Speaker 4: Sad seam galfan Akis?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, the dwy note scream things unless you know.
Speaker 4: Sorry, It's just it's been a long night.
Speaker 3: Eighty seven. Who's next? Mark the bark go ahead? Mark?
Speaker 13: Oh what a game?
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 14: So, I have now seen Otega away on Sports Center Top ten four times this year. He may have been on more. I may have just missed it. But is he now the Kentucky player that's been on Sports Center Top ten the most.
Speaker 3: In a season?
Speaker 4: I bet Wall was on it more just looking back, but I mean he's got If he's on four times, that's pretty good. You know, Wall had a crazy set of dunks, and so I would say Wall, but Otaga, if he's on it four times, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Drew, I'm trying to think what those would be. The two buzzer beaters. I remember a big dunk, but.
Speaker 4: He had a dunk on Travis Leslie of Georgia where the dude's still laying down. Travis Leslie also had a dunk on Cousins that game. That was they went both ways.
Speaker 3: Fox and Munk ended up on there a lot too, if I'm not mistaken, Yeah, but that I did. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: Before we go to break any want to note something that the passing of John Feinstein, who was a sports right I would argue probably the best sports book author, maybe.
Speaker 3: Ever, but certainly of this generation. He started his first book.
Speaker 4: He didn't like Kentucky really because his first book was he was at Duke in nineteen seventy eight and he wrote a book, actually wrote it later, but it was about the seventy eight Duke team, which included of course they lost to Kentucky in the final. But he got famous because he wrote Season on the Brink about Bobby Knight, which some people would say is the greatest sports book of all time, where he followed Bobby Knight for a season. Bobby Knight was not a fan of the book, but it is great if you were at all at college basketball fan or reader. If you've never read Season on the brink, you need to do it. He then did a book called Season Inside, which was about the NCAA tournament one year, and he wrote a book about the NFL, book about tennis, a book about golf. Basically went into every sport and did kind of a season behind the scenes. I think he's the best to ever do that. He was kind of a curmudgeon. He could be hard to get along with. We had him on this show once, if you remember, at the PGA Championship in Louisville, and he was nice, but he was also a little during that. But if you're talking about somebody that was a master at their craft, there's not been a better author of sports books, at least in my lifetime. Some people would pick guys from like the fifties and sixties, but in my lifetime, nobody's been better. Sixty eight years old passed away and just a huge college basketball guy too. And you know, the the Bobby Knight legend for better or worse in many ways.
Speaker 3: Was built by that book.
Speaker 4: So he passed away at sixty eight, and I wanted to say rest in peace too. I own I re arrate my mom and I rearranged my books recently because I have I would say like probably fifteen hundred and two thousand books.
Speaker 3: I realized when we were.
Speaker 4: Doing it, John Feinstein, I have the second most books of any author really from him, which is kind of amazing because I you know, but I think I have almost everything he wrote. So it wrote a great when you would like Ryan about the Army Navy rappers that they followed Army and Navy for a year. I think you call it a civil war and it's a it's a really good book. I think you would like that. So a rest in peace to John Finestein A five nine two oh twenty two eighty seven. We will take a break and come back for the final segment. This is Kentucky Sports.
Speaker 3: Radio Worker Back.
Speaker 4: It is Kentucky Sports Radio Final Segment A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven Matt, Ryan, Drew and Shannon. The segment is sponsored by UK Federal Credit Union. You know you need somebody, uh Drew, You need somebody sometimes to help you with your.
Speaker 5: Money, don't you old tome all this money? Especially you have money on top of money.
Speaker 4: You got money. You got money on today. If you're if you're on a loan, has never done anything for you. At UK Federal Credit Union, they have the best rates on auto loans while also offering a cash rebateive up to one thousand dollars. It's UK Federal Credit Union. They can find us online UKFCU dot org. It's banking only better at UK Federal Credit Union. Refound some credit aproval loan recordings. Vis that UK out our terms of conditions. Members spells be required fairly ensured by r c UA. All right, let's do our Draft Kings SEC Picks of the day. Old Miss Auburn. Auburn's an eleven and a half point favorite against Old Miss.
Speaker 3: You can go on Draft Kings and let it go. You get to you.
Speaker 4: I gotta take Old Mission. Give me eleven and a half like a lot. Just beat them last week. I don't think they're gonna win, but I got eleven and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you give me eleven and a half. I'm gonna take Old Miss.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I cannot take Ole Miss in eleven.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what they want you to think.
Speaker 4: You know Dwayne over there, who's been wrong at every pick, he says Auburn to cover, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this might just burn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I give you one guess, Okay, I got Hobby is a good guess.
Speaker 3: That echoed that was that was a big one you got, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I not knowing the number, I was ready to take Auburn about any scenario, but that's that's too high.
Speaker 3: I'm going ole.
Speaker 4: Miss all right. Texas Tennessee. Tennessee's a ten and a half point favorite. Give me Texas. I guess I'm taking the dogs to take these covers.
Speaker 6: Points press are pretty hefty. I'm gonna go with Texas, all right.
Speaker 2: Texas Tennessee's on upset alert. Texas may win this game.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're on an episode upset alert, but I'll go hook them to cover the spread.
Speaker 4: Florida is a nine and a half point favorite on Missouri. I'm gonna take Florida to cover that. I think they I think they blow Missouri out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Missouri has been on the down trend. I don't know what's going on with them lately, but I'll take Florida. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Missouri one last night, but they struggled. They'd win that game, So I'm going Florida.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna keep agreeing, all right.
Speaker 4: Kentucky Alabama pass past Alabama is a seven and a half point favorites.
Speaker 6: God, I could see a world where Kentucky could hang with Alabama within seven and a half. I don't know that I would pick Kentucky to whim, but.
Speaker 3: I pick just to win. If we have Butler, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Could see him maybe losing by four, maybe five, something like that.
Speaker 2: You can take.
Speaker 6: I'll take Kentucky to cover. I too, will pass.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, I'll take Kentucky to cover.
Speaker 5: But I really like the over. That was lower than I thought it'd be. I hit the over last night. I'm doing well on totals down here.
Speaker 4: Let's just a couple other rank teams playing each other. Marquette Saint John Saint John's a four and a half point favorite at home. Markette almost lost his zavior yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeat Johns.
Speaker 4: You can take Saint John's to get to cover. Clympson Louisville tonight. Clempson's a one and a half point favorite.
Speaker 6: I take Clemson in this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, like we pointed out earlier, Louisville hasn't played anybody big guy Scheffler and Clemson.
Speaker 2: Gets the wind.
Speaker 4: This is a great It's gonna be to me, this is a game to see, Like, is Louisville good? Because Louisville beat Clemson earlier this year, but it was at their home place. Clemson shot like fourteen percent from the field. I'm gonna take Louisville because I think they're better than a lot of people think, even though I don't think they're great. So I'm if you're giving me a point and a half, I'll tell you got a.
Speaker 6: Lot of picking Loisville in this show today.
Speaker 4: If I never thought i'd see a day that emy, I mean the fact that Louisville fifty six percent of our fans would pick Louisville over Arkansas. I never thought i'd see a day our fans would ever pick Louisville over anyone that was not named Duke or Tennessee. There are times I could see a scenario where they would pick duker Louisville over Duke in Tennessee. But to pick them over a non duke in Tennessee school, I don't think i'd ever see today, But fifty six percent pick Louisville.
Speaker 6: Is it the fact it's col Yeah, I mean wherever col went, wherever Cal went, would be the end.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the answer.
Speaker 6: It was Calent, Oklahoma would be Oklahoma. We hate it, isn't it?
Speaker 2: And we don't have a lot of reason to hate Kelsey yet. And we beat him pretty good at Rupp Arena, and he's done a good and.
Speaker 4: I do think that's part of it. We did beat Louisville, we didn't beat Arkansas up.
Speaker 3: But it's cal.
Speaker 4: If you ever want anyone to explain why this fan base was ready to move on, fifty six percent of them would choose will take Louisville against him?
Speaker 5: For goodness sake, that is a pretty damning hole result there for how the fan base felt about Cal there at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's up next? Got ed up?
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 3: Ed go ahead?
Speaker 12: Ed hey Man. Been a Kentucky fan for a long time. I'm sixty eight years old, and I see you a great games, victories, And I got a rank last night. It's one of my top seven for the following reasons. One we had to overcome a little mop but or no point guard. Two with some bad eight again. Three you had a ten point lead with a minute to go or some change, then five seconds to go, you're down. One You're in a tournament, situation and we won, and it just ranks up there with in the top ten with.
Speaker 3: It, I totally I don't know if it's in the top ten, but it's it's high for me. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 4: I mean that if we had just, let's say, we didn't blow it at the end channing and we just won by eleven, I think people would have enjoyed the game, but it wouldn't be quite the same.
Speaker 3: I think the way it happened is part of why it'll be remembered.
Speaker 6: So yeah, the way it was one all the factors that go into it, it's just makes it a special game.
Speaker 5: We thought we were going home. That's what makes it so much crazier. Also doing it twice year old team, that's one thing. But most people in that building when Oklahoma got that one point.
Speaker 3: Oh everybody that was that was it. It was like we're heading to the car.
Speaker 4: I was upstairs until Dwayne spoiled the ending, and I was already and I was already thinking what am I gonna say in the postgame show? First of all, will anyone call? And secondly what am I gonna say? And then what we're gonna do tomorrow?
Speaker 6: I mean i'd already this show would have been completely different.
Speaker 4: I think, Oh, I guess, I mean I it was actually the turkey under over here who said after the game.
Speaker 3: This fan base needed that one.
Speaker 4: I honestly think they could lose today and lose in the first round, and this fan base will be a lot better off because they won yesterday, just because they got I think that one yesterday is gonna be or this morning is gonna be ryan a massive one for the fan base.
Speaker 2: Like it's definitely true for this weekend, just to win one in Nashville and the way they want it.
Speaker 4: Maybe not to lose to a fourteen seed, but if you lost to the sixth seed in the second round next weekend.
Speaker 2: I think me personally, I would be okay with that. If we lose, we win the first game next week, lose the second game where Butler's night maybe not even close to one hundred percent, I'd take that to shore excite.
Speaker 5: My wife just texted me she's on Broadway and their full bars watching a replay of.
Speaker 8: The game.
Speaker 5: Right here, said they're they're cheering like it's you know, live right now.
Speaker 4: Who would have thought Oklahoma would be in the game that we all.
Speaker 3: Remember who What's next corner.
Speaker 4: Moser by the way was crying during his postgame press conference because he saw a mirror.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Kate, Kate, and go ahead.
Speaker 17: Hey there, long term, long time Wildcat fan went to the UK. But there's a random question I have, if you could settle it for my office. With all the hubbub about Rick Patino right now and big Red storm and all that we know they're playing tonight, does he still have that big red cardinal on his back?
Speaker 3: I think he does. I think he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he still has the cardinal on his back. I don't think Rick's gotten the tattoo removal that pet Pete Davidson got.
Speaker 3: I think it is still on there.
Speaker 4: It's probably a little saggy now, to be honest with you, but it's there.
Speaker 17: Okay, Well, thank you. That settles that.
Speaker 5: Appreciate the probable update on that. I was watching old SEC tournament videos from the mid nineties getting excited for this, and in it he said he wouldn't get a tattoo if Kentucky won the ninety six title. They're all talking about getting tattoos and stuff, and he said he wouldn't do it.
Speaker 6: They didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goes and does it at Louisville.
Speaker 7: I'm hurt.
Speaker 3: Carve that thing off. Toyota just said he looked like a dick Tracy villein last night, and he really did bartermos. That's gonna be.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm gonna remember about his era because he might get fired and I will remember him with that suit he war last night.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you know, I didn't think I didn't know his jobs in Jeopardy. He got him into the NCAA tournament the first year, and well it became conferenceation.
Speaker 4: It may not be now that he's made, but early, like three weeks ago, they were suggesting that it was in jeopardy. All right, so let's talk about schedule here. We will be back at seven eastern UH for the pregame show. We will be live at ten roof. That's sixth Central. If you're in Nashville, I'd say come early UH and see us.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be set up there. We decided to do.
Speaker 4: It wasn'tn original plan, but you know what, we're having fun, So why not if you see us around, please say hey.
Speaker 3: If you're in Lexington, go watch the games today.
Speaker 4: At Chaos Bar. And then especially for the Kentucky Beck game. And if you're at Chaos Bar and you send me Mario wasn't there, so I didn't get to see any see videos, take a video if it's if it's going on, I hope we you know who knows.
Speaker 3: It's what things have happened, right.
Speaker 2: Hard to beat a team three times.
Speaker 4: That's what they say, hard to beat it three We've only lost three times once that I can find, and that was twenty fourteen to Florida. And by the way, that team went to the championship game. So even if it happens, we can still feel good about it. Thank you guys who stayed up with me last night. Thanks for getting up this morning. We'll see you later. This is being Kentucky Sports Radio.