Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Feels like the calm before the storm. Patriots found their coach earlier this morning, but it feels like we're waiting for something else to happen. Final hour of the program. We've had so much news this week, the last forty eight hours, just feels like gott to be one more bombshell waiting to go off. Alabama still looking for their successor to Nick Saban. Steve Sarkisian used the opportunity as leverage to get a contract extension, working on that at the University of Texas. But you're not sure what's happening with Caitlin de Boor at Washington meeting with his athletic director this morning reportedly, and is he on the short list at Alabama? Does Alabama hire from within Tommy Reese their offensive coordinator? What about the Florida State head coach Mike Norvell and maybe Lane Kiffin throw him in there. Mike Rabel doesn't even get an interview with the Patriots. It feels like if you're looking at somebody younger who has established themselves former player and had success as a head coach, Rabel makes a lot of sense for a lot of these teams, because if I'm turning the franchise over to Bill Belichick, like that's a bigger deal. Pete Carroll at his age going to the Chargers, let's say, or maybe would he go to Carolina with a startup there? You know used to You know, it's been quiet on the Michigan front with Jim Harbaugh. There's nothing going on there, and it's felt like it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to go to the NFL. But the Bears didn't reach out to Jim Harbaugh. And this came out yesterday or the day before, all the Chicago Bears fans were up in arms. What why wouldn't you reach out to Jim Harbaugh. Okay, if you do, then you're saying to your head coach, Matt Eberflus, who you are bringing back? Hey, we once you was our head coach. We just wanted to see if Jim Harbaugh wanted to be our coach instead. You can't do that. If you've made the decision on Matt Eberflus, then you're not reaching out to another coaching candidate. It just, I mean, you have to have some politics here of let's be fair to this guy. Now, would I have kept him? If I'm moving on, I've fired my offensive coordinator, my quarterbacks coach, and I'm probably going to bring in another quarterback. Then I would probably move on and I would start fresh. And then maybe you reach out to Jim Harbaugh and say do you want to come in and we're going to give you. Now they have a GM, but you're going to say to Jim, you know you can bring in a rookie quarterback here where you can have Caleb Williams, he might take JJ McCarthy. You know, I keep seeing JJ McCarthy first round pick. I don't get it. I'm because whenever I watch Michigan, it was about power football. It wasn't about their quarterback. I don't know how many times they relied on him to win a game, as much as he just complimented what went on then in that running game. All these other quarterbacks, it feels like their teams relied on them to win games. But JJ McCarthy. I even saw a mock draft where he was going to go to Okay, you guys want to guess the team that was going to take this a mock draft here, JJ, McCarthy the Michigan quarterback Title's start with you. The Denver Bronc that would be right, the Denver Bronx. Would you be in favor of JJ McCarthy coming in taking over for Russell Wilson Junior?
Speaker 3: The third?
Speaker 4: I love Russ, but why not give it a shot. We gotta do something. We've got to get double digit wins or gotta get in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That didn't take long. Yeah, Now you just have to have somebody who will take on Russ's contract.
Speaker 4: That's hard.
Speaker 2: You know the Falcons opening. It feels like you know Belichick in Atlanta, which still feels strange. Is Bill Belichick as desirable as we're being led to believe that you're going to hire Bill Belichick and everything's going to be great. I'm not so sure. I'm more sure about Vrabel than I am Belichick. I'm more sure about Harball than I am Belichick. I might be more sure about Pete Carroll if he was with the Chargers, then I would be Bill Belichick. And it's weird to say that the greatest coach of all time.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 2: Is he set in his ways? And can you establish that Patriot way in another organization and how quickly?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is Bill Belichick more valuable to a team that is this close to winning, like already a playoff caliber team that just needs a little push over the edge, or is he more valuable to a team trying to rebuild from the ground up establish a new culture.
Speaker 2: That kind of thing, because you could see both, Well, how long does he want to coach because the Panthers that's probably a three year rebuild. But if you're the Panthers, what's the downside? Because I don't know if that's a job that a lot of people are gonna want. Atlanta. I've felt like Atlanta was a sleeping giant here the last two years, and I was right, they've been sleeping. They didn't wake up. But when they do, they're gonna go eight to nine again and have the eighth pick overall in the draft, which they've had the last three years. I could see Belichick with the Chargers, and then that's something that puts you, you know, maybe over over the hump, maybe because the lacking something there and you know, can Bill give you that stability there? I think Pete Carroll could do that too, So I don't I don't know if I look at Belichick as, oh, you get him. Everything is settled now, Belichick with Buffalo, Belichick with the Cowboys, even though there's no coaching vacancy. That intrigues me more than if he went to Washington or Atlanta or Carolina. Because the Raiders. I can't see that happening. So, I mean, we've never been in a situation like this before. What about Rabel to the Raiders. I mean, he didn't even get interviewed with New England because you know, girod Mayo had it in his contract that he was going to succeed Bill Belichick, but they thought it was going to be next year. They just sped up the timeframe.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin, if the if Brabel goes to the Raiders and they're not significantly significantly better, that's going to tear the locker room up because they're gonna say, you could have got ap, we could have kept Antonio Piers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I hope that they give him a chance. You know, I don't know what the downside is that Antonio Pierce. You know, he gotta find the quarterback. I don't know if Aidan O'Connell is your quarterback. But you know, all of these jobs are open for the most part because you don't have a quarterback. Chargers do have one. The question is who are they gonna Harball. I think would be great back on the West Coast. I think he'd be great, but I don't know if he's gonna leave. I don't know if he wants to leave. He certainly has the leverage.
Speaker 8: Yes, we were discussing with Ross the most attractive job. Washington has the number two pick. New ownership. They're probably building a new stadium, a fan base that's desperate for a high end coach. I mean as desperate as anybody in the league. I mean that's a great fan base.
Speaker 4: They've been.
Speaker 8: They want to be They give anything to be relevant. Ron Riveric righted the ship a little bit and got them to, like, you know, some nice seasons.
Speaker 2: Well, you can be relevant, but I want to be good. I guess what I'm saying, though, Belichick makes you relevant, but does he make us that much better?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 2: And plus if you give him another rookie quarterback.
Speaker 8: I was actually thinking Vrabel for Washington. I Vrabel would I think would love it there because great fan base, you got huge salary cap. Everything's on a plate for you. You could design your own franchise. You're gonna be there a long time in your new stadium.
Speaker 2: Super wild Card Weekend begins Saturday on NBC and Peacock. It's the Browns and the Texans only on Peacock. The Dolphins battling the Chiefs. That's our streaming partner. If you're watching this morning, thank you for downloading the app. And then Sunday night, Rams face off against the Lions on NBC and Peacock. It's a Super wild Card Weekend presented by Verizon. We'll talk to Big Mike Gullick coming up. It is a meat Friday, Italian beef sandwiches. We also have waffle fries and we have roasted broccoli with Parmer Jean, who has it better than we do Noboddy. So it feels like this last hour of the show, we're waiting for something to happen, just because we've been conditioned this week that Oh my god, that happened. Oh my god, that happened. Wait, that happened. I mean, there's so many things that happened this way, Like Tiger and Nike they separated. That was what twenty seven years Tiger made over half a billion dollars with Nike, and he's not going to be with Nike and a longer now Nike's not in the golf business, but still they're in the apparel business. But Tiger's not out there playing as much. And you know, I'm going to guess Tiger has another company that maybe he owns or part owner of that he would be partnering with. But you had that, you had Nick Saban at Alabama, Bill Belichick, and then you had Pete Carroll, and then you we had Mike rabel. This was an easy week for us. We had a lot of things to talk about. Maybe we get something else here in the final fifty minutes of the show. All right, a couple of phone calls in here. Poll question for the final hour is going to be what seedon? When I get you some updates here? All righty Daniel. By the way, I have the point spreads, Browns by two over the Texans, Dolphins getting four and a half against the Chiefs. Steelers now nine and a half point favorites underdogs against the Bills, Packers getting seven against the Cowboys that was seven and a half, Rams still getting three against the Lions and the Eagles giving three against the Buccaneers.
Speaker 6: We have the head coach most likely to be fired if they lose this weekend. Your options are Sean McDermott, Nick Sirianni or Mike McCarthy. Right now, running away with the vote at about fifty seven percent is coach Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I figured that's just that might be a product of the organization though itself.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I factor in Jerry's age. They have the talent to win a Super Bowl, and it's just you can't keep repeating the same thing over and over of Hey, great regular season. At the end of the year, you can't go, hey, still a great regular season, getting at least twelve wins every year, that's great, But you gotta win. You gotta win something. You got to at least get to an NFC title game. Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 8: One of the things I love about the Cowboys that never win in the Super Bowl. It makes Jimmy Johnson's career look better. Every year he always gets honored for something, he gets in the Hall of Fame or gets a Ring of Honor. Every year they don't make it, it makes him look better.
Speaker 2: Tony and Florida, Hi, Tony, what's on your mind.
Speaker 5: Hi guys, Yeah, Tony and Florida. And I guess you could call me a designated guy because I'm one and ten and I'm thinking about taking the rams on a teaser plus nine. That's what I'm getting the mat, okay, And I just wanted to call in about this Mayo craft thing. I mean, that's unbelievable, the irony of it. I mean, I can see Bob and the Jared out their arms around each other. Hi, I'm Bob, I'm Kraft, and I'm Mayo. They could run the spread off that a tight end could come along every now and then and help the old guys like me get the top off the jar. You know, we have trouble with that sometimes.
Speaker 2: All right, But thank you Tony, thank you Dylan. I think is can we get Dylan to come in. He's got a seven leg parlay here? Well, I mean technically a seven legs I guess, thank you with the octopy. So that's an eight leg parlay OCTOPI quid box. So that's a Seaton's impression of Dylan. And here is Dylan, our graphics guy, part of the Gambling podcast. Yes, Dylan, Hi Dan, Hey boys, it's been a while. Uh seven seven leg parlay six.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's actually we're at the point now where the board is small enough where you can look at it and be like, I'm gonna confidently bet every game and parlay them all together too. Okay, So to start, I got the Texans plus two against the Browns, Dolphins plus four and a half at the Chiefs, Bills minus nine a half against the Stillers. Yeah, Packers plus seven against the Cowboys, Lions minus three against the Rams, and the Eagles minus three against the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Do you have any money line bets? No? All spread? Oh so the gambling podcast you took all? You didn't take anybody straight up? No, I did, but not for this all I know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I took the Texans money line and Packers money line.
Speaker 2: Okay. And by the way, you're leading the Dan Patrick takes a Gamble podcast with Bad Larry and Shaye and Irving Stiff competition. Yeah, I know, Bad Larry has been bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think you lost seventeen units the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: Download the Draftking Sportsbook app now use the code Patrick. New Customers can bet five bucks to get two hundred instantly in bonus bets only. DraftKings sportsbook promo code Patrick, the Crown is yours? Do we have? Shean Irving from yesterday's Gambling podcast Marvin, did we clip something efforting? Okay, yeah, because you know it's a we never know what's happening on that podcast, especially with Shayan Irving, who I think talked about rehab a couple of times yesterday. He did, Yeah, in his marriage.
Speaker 6: Always his marriage rehab, and both of those are a gambling situation, marriage and rehab.
Speaker 2: And I made the mistake. I said, hey, Shay, you want to join us in Vegas for the Super Bowl. And I don't know what he expects from me. I just I said, you can come out if you want, but I'm not flying you out there and putting you up in a hotel. And then bad Larry goes, I'm all in. I want to go. And I told Picture Day Ray, who produces the podcast, you got to tell bad Larry he's got to fly himself out there and put himself up. I'm just inviting you to Vegas.
Speaker 10: Well, we found some nice places very far off the strip where they could stay.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Shay did talk about the last time he stayed a certain hotel off the strip that there was like a knife fine or something. Yes, outlines, please tape. Yeah. And with Shay, you're never quite sure if he's telling you the truth until you realize he's telling you the truth. At the Gambling Podcast available at dan Patrick dot com. We'll be at the Fountain Blue and tickets are going fast here. I don't know how many days we have left available. Will be there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at the Fountain Blue and we're inviting you to join us, but you have to have a ticket. Go to danpatrick dot com. All right, well take a break, Big Mike Golick will join us. Coming up next here, Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing, we never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to.
Speaker 12: And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for. Yeah, you blubber list lame and me.
Speaker 11: Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 12: Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised.
Speaker 11: Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 12: There you go, over promising. Remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen to over Promised with Cavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: NFL has reiterated this morning that they are not moving to game the Cleveland, the Buffalo Bills, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are monitoring the situation. Do we have an update on the weather, like how bad it's going to be. We know Kansas City is going to be extremely cold, but Buffalo, it felt like there's snow and wind. Is that enough to move this game?
Speaker 8: Paulie, I have Saturday night in Kansas City, the high and during the day of seven, the low at night is minus nine minus nine game time. They said it should be below zero and breezy night. Still, what about buff Buffalo?
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 8: Predicted for the area, but it depends on what area. Seven inches of snow, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's not enough to move it to Cleveland.
Speaker 8: I don't think people in Buffalo think that's a huge snowstar.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do either. Plus, then I'm going to have this mass exodus with the Buffalo fans who then want to drive to Cleveland. I would think that their safety would be paramount here that How about we keep everybody in Buffalo, right, I know it's going to be windy, They're going to have wins of what thirty miles an hour there in Buffalo? Correct? Okay, but that's not reason to move a game. It's called a home field advantage. My goalie, co host of Gojo and Goli, Key's not soft. You can find that on DraftKings Network. Also, Big Michael be on the call. Sunday's wild Card game Westwood One Packers Cowboys kick off at four thirty Eastern. What do you make of the weather conditions here and what role they play in the outcome of either of these games, Kansas City or Buffalo, Mike.
Speaker 4: They're not moving the game. I mean, it's the thought process of just what you said, Dan, having everybody, Oh yeah, it's a horrible snowstorm, Now get in your car and drive to Cleveland. I mean, it makes zero sense at all. The high that day, the high on tomorrow and Buffalo is forty four, and then the high on Sunday with the day the game is played is twenty eight. Wind'll have an effect, certainly. The snow. We'll wait and see. You know, as far as Kansas City and Miami, it's going to be cold. The coldest game I ever played in was windchill ten below when I was playing for the Eagles. We played in the meadowlands. And Dan, you can't prepare for it. You can't you can't practice in it. You can't simulate what it's going to be like. You just have to go once you get there before the game. When you're going out there, it's now a question of of is there snow on the grounders or not? Is the ground just harridble kind of cleats am I wearing? Sometimes in bad weather like this, you wear tennis shoes in all honesty if there's not like snow on the ground, because your cleats won't dig into the ground. So you'll go out and you'll check that out. Everybody has to be careful with their steps. Offense knows where they're going, so you can turn a short play into a long play because the defense slips it. Also, I loved bad weather because I was an average athlete and it brought everybody down to my level. Miami is a Ferrari, and a Ferrari doesn't you know, run well in snow and cold weather. So the one thing I'll say though, Dan, outside of players being used to warm weather and going to cold weather, the running attack for Buffalo with most of being back an chan, I'm telling you that could prove very beneficial for Miami success on the run. Short play action passes to Waddler Tyreek Hills, So that's what I would expect there, and the other side running the ball as well. With Pacheco, running games are going to become real important. Tight ends real important, and obviously Casey a big edge there with Travis.
Speaker 2: What is it like to go on the field and then in a cold other game and then you see that the offensive lineman don't have sleeves on.
Speaker 4: So one of the more stupid things I did in my nine year careers, I never wore long sleeves. And even in that game, you know, we thought this macho thing, which is so ridiculous.
Speaker 13: Dan.
Speaker 4: To sit there and think that a guy in professional football is going to look at another guy and say he's not wearing sleeves, Oh god, I don't want to play against him, is just a ridiculous lot. Yet we all did it as a d line. I remember in that game in the Meadowlands, and then we went in the locker room and came back out and a few of the guys put sleeves on there like screw this, I'm not doing it. I left them off, which was just ridiculously dumb. TV timeouts are the worst because you're standing there on the field kind of ready to go. The worst thing that happened to be there this is back in the eighties, so they had like those engine like jet engine heaters on the sideline that blew out the flames. I didn't wear gloves, and so I put my mouthpiece occasionally I wore a mouthpiece game I did, and I kind of hooked it on my finger and I remember, not thinking my hands were freezing, I put them in front of the flame and my mouthpiece, my mouth beets melted around my finger. So, I mean it was brutal. And back then, you know that astro turf is horrific. You know, no matter where you're playing this again, was it the Meadowlands? I mean, it hurts like hell when you land. So, like I said, you can't prepare. You just have to go. And unless you're heating your helmet on the sideline, don't ever take your helmet off because it's like a brick putting it back on.
Speaker 2: Let's look at these games the coaching not vacancy, but coaching situation where a loss this weekend would open up a coaching vacancy with these teams.
Speaker 4: It's stunning. But I mean, we're talking about this all the time with the Cowboys, don't we And you even heard Jerry Jones say it. Last Monday, after they clinched the two slot is he was asked about McCarthy future and he said, we'll take it game by game in the postseason. I mean, it's stunning, but there's no other coach I think that's going to be on any kind of a hot seat going on at these into these playoffs save for I know they talked about Sirianni. I don't buy that one bit. I just think it's it's Dallas and I I and again, I don't know why, but if for some reason they lose this game and I'm looking forward to calling it, that might be the end for Mike. Which we've been talking about this every year, right because they've been talking about it every year. How are they going to replace Mike or when are they going to replace Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: We also talk about these teams like the Texans and Green Bay all they have nothing. I mean, you know, nothing to lose here, but you do have something to lose. You have a playoff game. The Texans are at home. I know they're underdogs, and Jordan Love was second in the NFL touchdown passes he expects to play. I don't I don't buy into that, and you've played in these games that where hey, we have nothing to worry about or nothing to lose. I'm thinking, but you still don't.
Speaker 4: I don't buy I agree, I don't buy into that at all. You know, you hear that term sometimes you're playing with house money.
Speaker 3: No you're not.
Speaker 4: You're in the playoffs. We've seen nine and seven teams get into the wildcard and win the Super Bowl. So I mean it's all about getting to the dance, and you have a chance. So I completely agree with you. Jordan Love in the last eight games is eighteen touchdowns, one interception. Their offense is playing well. They got the you know, the running back situation, getting somewhat squared away with injury. They have the youngest basically set of wide receivers, but they're producing incredibly well. Their defense against you know, the run, we'll see a little bit about that. It's been a little spotty if polar can take advantage of that. But I'm with you, and then CJ. Starting what they've done, you know, first year head coach, first year quarterback, first year play caller in Slowick. Even on defense, first year player and Anderson seven sacks. But their expectation. Why the hell would they say, oh God, we're happy to be here. That's ridiculous because you don't know when you're getting back. Ask Dan Marino that one. You don't know when you're getting back, especially all the way to the Super Bowl like he went through. So yeah, those guys do not feel that we're playing with house money situation.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm talking to Mike Golick. He is the co host of Gojo and Golick on DraftKings Network, and he'll be on the call the Sunday Wild Card game between the Packers Cowboys on Westwood One. What do you make of the Bill Belichick Patriots parting and Gerrod Mayo being promoted from within?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, good for Girod Mayo and his agent had that written into his deal, right, that he was the next head coach. Yeah, listen, Dan, we've both been doing this long enough. We all know what mutual means, right. I mean Bill wanted to still coach and Pete Carroll wanted to coach in Seattle, but they were making moves and I'm glad they ended it the way they did both ways. Especially we're talking about New England now, because sometimes you see horrible endings where someone's been there a long time and it's a bad ending and they never go back for a while. I'm glad they ended this one amicably. There's no doubt Bill would have loved to us stay there. Bill will be coaching somewhere else now and Gerrod Mayol Listen, it's a linebacker world now, right, Demko Ryans of Houston. He got Antonio Pierce maybe getting the gig to stay with the Raiders. But this guy was a film junkie when he played State got their first was their last. Watch a ton of film in the offseason. Remember on his draft Dame, remember he was taking number ten overall, he was raking Lee's at his folks place. He wasn't in New York, you know. I mean, this is just kind of a real blue collar guy that will kind of carry on the Belichick way. I don't say the Patriot way, it's the Belichick way kind of carrying on, but kind of hopefully modernize it as well. So and they'll hit the ground run and they'll hire from within, I'm sure from a GM situation. So there from from that transition, they won't skip a beat. But then they're going to have to do what most bad teams have to do. They got to find a quarterback.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if playing for Bill Belichick is something free agents would want to do. Felt like they wanted to play for New England when Tom Brady was there because that guy was going to have them in the playoffs and maybe a super Bowl. Is if Bill Belichick goes to Atlanta, our free agents all of a sudden going to go, I want to go play for Bill Belichick.
Speaker 4: Dan, I don't think so. No, I mean, you saw what happened when Tom Brady went to Tampa. Free agents went to Tampa.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: As much as Bill is the goat and Bill needs fifteen more wins to pass Shula and Tom is the goat, I have always said this. Players have end up with more responsibility because they're the ones that have to execute the plays on the field. But what Bill has done has been fantastic. But we have also heard players say, you know what, I went there to win a title, not fun, not a vacation spot. And that's okay, that's okay. Not everything is fun in life. But you had a great chance to get a ring, and that was the goal as a professional football player. In the team aspect, so you had the chance there because of the team. Now he's going somewhere if he does go to Atlanta, that's looking for a quarterback that's starting over a little bit. No, you're not going to get because you know he didn't they didn't pay real well while you know to players in New England, they weren't. They weren't about that. So I do think it will not be like, oh, yeah, I'm going to go play for Bill because i'll I have a great chance to win a title. It may take a bit.
Speaker 2: I was more surprised that Seattle and Pete Carroll moved on than I was New England and Belichick, and then even Vrabel that was a little more surprising. That felt like it got personal between the owner and the coach and maybe he was becoming a little too high maintenance. I'm trying to figure these because Pete Carroll still wants to coach, yes, and obviously Rabel does. Which one was more surprising for you, Rabel?
Speaker 4: Rabel? They were both surprising to me. But yeah, I hadn't really thought. I know, there were whispers of the verbel situation because the last couple of years had been under five hundred or and had been more struggles than what he had had. But I never heard anything about Pete Carroll the verbel thing. Again, I agree with you. I think I maintenance and or wanted to have too much voice the statement by you know the owner Now, Amy, why I can't Adams? Thank you, Amy Adams, because Bud was the owner when I was with the Houston Oil is this is his daughter, Amy. I mean, you want to talk about a corporate statement. I didn't even understand some of the words in there, but basically the meaning was, we want to spread the wealth, we want to spread the you know, the power in this organization, and we want to modernize it a little bit. And I think they don't feel that was happening with Rabel. Obviously he'll get a job easily, and Pete Carroll kind of hanging on to that on his Wikipedia page it already has he's an advisor to Seattle. I think you'd rather be a coach somewhere. But Dan, this is the amazing thing. You got eight slots open right now. You have a seventy two year old head coach, a seventy one year old head coach. You have Vrabel out there you have Dan Quinn out there, the possibility of Jim Harbaugh out there before you even get to the big time c O coordinators and decordinators like the Ben Johnson's of the world. So it's going to be interesting where owners want to go with these older coaches who have had unbelievable success or are you skewing younger given where we are kind of in the league.
Speaker 2: Now, this just in from Adam Schefter. The Commanders are hiring the forty nine ers assistant GM Adam Peters as their GM. He won Super Bowls while working in New England and Denver. He's been in San Francisco since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: So right, well, I mean, Stephan Dan. I think that's interesting because is the way of the NFL going that way now to how Shanahan coaches, how McDaniel coaches, how really Dan Campbell, but the O coordinator Ben Johnson, where we're seeing a ton of motion, a ton of movement that seems to be kind of the new way of the NFL. And with that movement from San Francisco to Washington, you wonder if that's what they want to get, maybe even go to a younger coach. You know they had that search committee out there that included Bob Myers, you know, from the Golden State Warriors. So I wonder if that's kind of a direction they want to go.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go, give me the reason why Jim Harbaugh would stay at Michigan.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. A bag, a big bag of money. Remember he didn't sign his extension, so now I mean it's going to be whatever he basically whatever he wants. I guess you would stay for comfort. You know, he's been there what nine years, three years now in the playoffs, and he'll make you'll make it pretty easily every year now that you're going to twelve, even if he doesn't win the conference. So the chance to just be comfortable there. But does he want to accomplish you know, the what Pete Carroll did and Barry Switzer did and Jimmy Johnson did, National title and Super Bowl? Because what did he talk about? I can finally sit at the big table at my house with my dad Jack and my my brother John. Now he can be the head man at the table if he were to win a national championship like you did and then the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: What do you think he's gonna do.
Speaker 4: I think he's I think he's going to go to the NFL. I think the higher don yee, you know an NFL guy. I think he's going to make a move. I think he's gonna get his choice, which you always look for, where is the best quarterback situation, and that's with the Chargers. So I would think he's going to move on.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you, safe travels, my best of the family. Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 2: That's My Golick, co host of Gojo and Golick, and he'll be on the call west Wood one Radio. Sunday's wild Card game between the Packers and the Cowboys kickoff at four point thirty Eastern. Jeremy and Michigan. Hi Jeremy, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Dan six five, longtime listener, fourth time color two things first and foremost, Dan, thank you for everything you've done for sports broadcasting. I'm gonna miss you after your god Man, I'm getting the motion because you've been there all with me for the last twenty seven years, even from your ESPN days. Thank you, Ziki and I'm coming to see you guys in Vegas at the Fountain Blue And I want to know at the time the booking radar, and I know it's a Football Center show. If you're going to have any members of the nineteen ninety UNLV running rebels.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, Jeremy, that would be awesome. I'm leaving that up to Fritzy. I don't know who is still in the area that maybe we could have come in. But we look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas at the Fountain Blue tickets. I think we have tickets available for Tuesday and Wednesday. Now we're going to see if we can expend. The big German is out there now doing what's called a site survey, just to make sure we know how many members of the audience we can have in there. But right now I think Monday, Thursday, and Friday might be sold out.
Speaker 6: All I know is that if Stacey Augman can be one of them, I'm all in. That dude was a boss. He was a phenomenal college.
Speaker 2: Basket Yes he was, Yes he was.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin, let's go Lj' I'm already ammed.
Speaker 2: You want Grandmama, Larry Johnson, Oh what I want? Anderson Hunt in there? What's Anderson Hunt doing?
Speaker 8: Anderson Hunt was just back on campus recently he was honored by the Rebels.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can get him there. All right, let's take a break. If you're watching on Peacock, and why wouldn't you be? Oh, I just saw the Italian beef sandwiches are out. I just saw Tyler take him off the grill. Smell h and we got waffle fries for Fritzy. So we'll talk to you during the commercial break on Peacock and back after this last call for phone calls. What we learned? Wats in store right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live, close up shop. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Since I was that's on that bar. Oh what a fun week. A lot of storylines are Okay, what's the lead on Monday? Not game? What's the lead story on Monday?
Speaker 3: Todd Mike Vrabel to the Chargers, why not put it out there?
Speaker 2: Why do you deliver it? It's you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got check and everyone else going on harbor Mike Rabels.
Speaker 2: See what's the lead? Not game? Result? Lead story?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I think that the lead story is going to be a game result? Ok the Cowboys early egg?
Speaker 2: Whoa, Okay, Marvin, what about you? What's the lead? On Monday?
Speaker 7: The Dolphins upset the Chiefs on the road.
Speaker 2: Okay, Paulie, what's the lead?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 8: Jim Harbaugh staying with I'm staying with Michigan. Biggest contract in college football history.
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah, I was wondering about that. What if he stays Harball? No, no, no, we're done with that. Uh if it's over, yeah, We're all done. Dan Patrick takes a gamble podcast. Uh Shayan irving bad Larry Dylan. The graphics gies available at danpatrick dot com. Shay Yesterday, still upset about the des Bryant catch the Cowboys against the Packers at Lambeau nine years ago today, Dez caught it. Do you know what that did to my life, Danny? No, I went on a ten day bender after that. It ruined my life, Danny.
Speaker 4: Was that worse than Jared Cook?
Speaker 2: No, that was worse than Jared Cook for sure. Well, Dez, that was a horrible call.
Speaker 1: Horrible.
Speaker 2: He made a football move.
Speaker 13: He made a football move, period, full stop, made a football embarrassing.
Speaker 2: And everybody talked about the Cowboys. They get all these can calls, you get all that.
Speaker 13: First off, Michael Parsons ain't had a holding call against him in thirty six quarters A B. Dez caught the fucking ball. Leave me the alone. I might as well check back into rehab today because you got me fired up. That's just a sample of the podcast. Just not safe for work, by the way, if you're listening to it, not save for the kids, even the wife.
Speaker 2: Uh. And then you get Shay's marital advice in there as well, and that's not safe for anybody. I love Marvin. Marvin's in there, He's running the equipment and recording it, and I just look over sometimes and I just go, what am I doing? What am I doing with my life in here with these guys?
Speaker 7: Yes, Marv, I usually asked that about you, like when is this going to be on your Wikipedia page?
Speaker 2: Oh? It's fun, but thank god it's only once a week. And these guys want to go to Vegas with us? What could go wrong? Shay and Irving going to Las Vegas This day in sports history, Paualy.
Speaker 4: Nineteen oh six.
Speaker 8: The forward pass was legalized by the Football Rules Committee the FRC nineteen twenty one, Kennesaw mountain landis named the first Commissioner of Baseball full Power. Nineteen forty six, the Cleveland Rams were granted permission to move to Los Angeles, and in nineteen ninety nine, the seventieth home run ball of Mark McGuire was sold at auction.
Speaker 3: Four.
Speaker 8: You want to take a.
Speaker 1: Shot four.
Speaker 2: Three and a half million dollars.
Speaker 8: Three million dollars to an anonymous bidder. Do you think it's worth quite a bit less today or less today because of.
Speaker 2: Quite a bit less, quite a bit? I would think so. Check, yeah, I would think so. Let's see Dean Spanos on this date, twenty seventeen announced the Chargers would move from San Diego to Los Angeles. Nineteen fifty eight, the NCAA adds the two point conversion, the first change in college football scoring rules since nineteen twelve. And oh, this guy on this state in twenty twelve broke Wilt Chamberlain's NBA record for most free throw attempts in a game. On this date, this player had thirty nine free throw attempts in a game. Marvin Janis, No, what year twenty twelve? You wouldn't now? I didn't make a lot of them. He made twenty one to thirty nine, if that helps. If you said Dwight Howard, you would be correct. Twenty one of thirty nine most free throw attempts, breaking Wilt Chamberlain's record. All right, Dwight, Yeah done. No, it wasn't well done by Dwight. Yeah there, all right, more than half. Thank you Todd for doing the math there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fifty three.
Speaker 2: Who will have the most passing yards in wild Card weekend games? Most passing yards according to DraftKings. Todd will start.
Speaker 4: With you, Matthew Stafford, Will.
Speaker 2: Seaton, O'Connor, Tua, Marvin.
Speaker 8: Jared Golf, Paulie Baker, Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Dak Prescott Junior the third and then Joe Flacco. How about that? What year is it we're talking about Joe Flacco? All right, let's go around the room. What we learned on this award nominated program, Todd? Would you learn today?
Speaker 3: Flarida States still looking their wound from the colle football PLAYFFS snub just got ding for name, image likeness later in fractions, A big year for the seminal.
Speaker 2: Yes, you go undefeated and you had a bad year. See no, O'Connor, what did you learn today we got a Russ Tucker doubleheader this weekend. Let's go, Yeah, love it, Let's go. How about you? Marvin Fritzi's ready for a pool party in Vegas.
Speaker 6: Let's go twenty nine degrees there By the.
Speaker 2: Way, it's twenty nine degrees in Vegas. I believe this morning it was twenty nine degrees.
Speaker 8: Paulie, would you learn I learned that twenty one is more than half of thirty nine?
Speaker 1: Todd?
Speaker 2: Would I learn?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 3: Creatively wondered what it might be like for Pete Carroll's would I'm the next coach in.
Speaker 2: Carol line up? Versatile EQB to the Sublime, EQS SAD and Mercedes Benz makes Electric Extraordinary Vehicles, All Electric, the Feeling, All Mercedes Choice, all yours. Learn more at mbusa dot com slash EQ. Have a great weekend, everybody. Adam Schefter will join us on Monday. We'll talk to you then