Speaker 1: You are now Angelo, what I call ye?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's way up. It's a Thursday. We are dragging today.
Speaker 3: Speak for yourself, Angela.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see you and Prize are on the same page as far as Lauren Hill.
Speaker 3: We're both refugees at this point.
Speaker 4: But yes, I cannot wait to do about last night. Yes, I had a very active morning today already already when I tell you know what's crazy? You know, I mean I talk about it a little later. We'll talk about it later. But I got an interesting phone call this morning.
Speaker 3: Was it a collector?
Speaker 2: No, it was somebody who wanted to pray for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can't always use prayers.
Speaker 4: Always use prayers, all right, Well, anyway, I'm praying for all of you guys today too, because that's how I feel, you know, right. Jabari Banks is going to be joining us. Bel Air Season three is back on today.
Speaker 3: Okay I like the first season?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well we're on season three starting tonight. I'll watch the first three episodes of this season two as well, So shout out to Jabari Banks.
Speaker 2: He plays Will Smith on the show.
Speaker 4: And of course we're going to start the show off with some love, with some positivity, we are going to shine a light. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty is the number. Call us up and let us know who you want to shine a light on.
Speaker 2: It is way up.
Speaker 5: Turn your lights on, y'all spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 6: Light on, Shine the light on. It's time to shine a light on them.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on. It's way up. It's time to shine a light.
Speaker 2: Beat out to you, yes, beat out, lets you drop play?
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, one more time, my names beat out? There we go, thank you, thank you, Jacob.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, anyway, I want to shine a light on Celia Cruz. She's the first Afro Latina on a US quarter. Oh yeah, she did pass away, unfortunately, but she is one of five women selected to be the face of a quarter this year by the US mint. It's they have a program dedicated to the celebration of the accomplishments and contributions made by women of the United States. So in a press release, they said that Celia Cruz's influence reached well beyond her music. She was proud and celebrating her Cuban culture, which empowered Afro Latina Americans and embracing their heritage, making her an important and enduring cultural icon. She died in two thousand and three in New Jersey. She's the fourteenth woman honored by the US Men's American Quarters Program, and she's the fourth woman to appear on a quarter in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to her.
Speaker 4: That's actually available right now for you to get one of these quarters. You can get one, or you can even go purchase them. She's known as the Queen of Salsa.
Speaker 5: Or I ask you for a quarter. I wonder if you're still gonna put Harriet Tubman on the twenty Remember.
Speaker 4: That, Yeah, that was a whole thing's research. When is that everything happened? So a lot of people are saying that it's iconic, and everybody is excited to get this quarter.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to try to find one too.
Speaker 4: The fact that she's the first Afro Latina figure to appear on a US coin, congratulations to her loved ones. Now, who do you guys want to spread some love to and shine a light on? Eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty Keith? Who you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: I want to shine a light on my boys cf and ruger Man out of Nazvath, Tennessee, Cagsville man. No boy just signed with yellow Wolf and about to go big and go crazy. Man, So shout out to him.
Speaker 2: But you say he signed yellow Wolf.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's signed with yellow Wolf.
Speaker 4: Oh he signed with yellow Wolf. Okay, all right, I love Nashville. What shout out to him? Do you work with him or yes?
Speaker 9: Mahoman?
Speaker 2: Okay, See that's how your friend's supposed to support. You. Call up on way up with your ears and big him up. How do we find his music?
Speaker 8: The instagram is CFN Underscores the Way of Life, so you can look him up at CFN Ruba.
Speaker 7: And you know, go from death.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, well, thank you for colin appreciate all right, Well that would shine a light eight hundred and two ninety two fifty fifty in case you couldn't get through. And when we come back, we have your yea te y'all know, Okay, I let me some ninety day fiance. Well we'll tell you which cast member has now launched a go fundme because he has to battle his wife in court and his wife is definitely aggressive.
Speaker 2: It's way up.
Speaker 1: They says, soothing the rooms from industry shade to all of gossip out sad angelus.
Speaker 6: S feeling that EyeT.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up. I'm here and beat us here, beat right.
Speaker 4: I know that's right, and let's get into some Yet, Usher has postponed his tour kickoff show. He did that just a few hours before it was set to happen yesterday. But unfortunately he's had quite a busy schedule.
Speaker 7: And that's a fact, yep.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 4: For my thirty plus year career, one hundred percent of my blood Swoaton Tears has gone into putting on the best performance and creating a memorable experience for my fans. I have every intention of doing that for this tour as well, which is why I have to postpone tonight's show and reschedule it for a later date to give my body a second to rest and.
Speaker 5: Heal, Okay, that's a hot ticket, man. Everyone wants to go see us. You're still are you.
Speaker 4: Gonna give him the same energy you gave the other day, Laura Hill for the Fuji's tour or is that does he get special treatment?
Speaker 5: He get special treatment us. She's been putting that work in for years, so I'm giving.
Speaker 3: Him a pass.
Speaker 2: Laura's been on tour for years as well, So why does she not get.
Speaker 3: A pass from you because she's been late? Huh?
Speaker 2: All right, Now, let's get into a show that I watched.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you watch ninety Day Fiance, but it seems like you're familiar with the characters.
Speaker 3: If Money a guy with no neck, right his big big add yeah, there you go, big add big. Ed Listen looks like a pimple.
Speaker 2: He does he right now?
Speaker 4: As they're all living in the house together, the woman that he was engaged to has a whole new man in the house with them, and so now he's got to watch her and her boyfriend and maybe got in on him.
Speaker 2: And I want to feel bad for Ed, but he's not nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, all right, Well, let's talk about another couple on that show, Michael and Angela on ninety Day Fiance. Now, Angela talks to Michael so crazy all the time. It's really disrespectful. Everybody on the show is like, what is her problem? I mean, she goes like full on, I.
Speaker 3: Know another Angelo just like that.
Speaker 4: First of all, if you don't leave Reverend Run's door, to out of no I'm playing.
Speaker 2: I'm playing.
Speaker 4: But anyway, here is here's how Angela sounds on ninety Fiance when she's being disrespectful to Michael.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't listen to a god, Dan, shut up.
Speaker 7: Got the smartest husband.
Speaker 4: And you know when I tell you, she had her finger like in his face, mushing him everything. And he really does a great job of trying to remain calm. Now they are married, but she did file for an annunment, saying that he allegedly fraudulently, fraudulently induced her into a marriage for the purpose of gaining legal permanent resident status in the United States.
Speaker 2: You know he's from Nigeria.
Speaker 4: She also accused him of being engaged in a conspiracy with other Nigerian men to induce US citizens into marriage for the purpose of gaining legal permanent residence status. She also hired a private investigator who found no evidence of him scamming her as well.
Speaker 2: All right now.
Speaker 4: Michael has since launched a GoFundMe to help get divorced. He said on his go fundme, Hi am Michael from TLC's TV show Ninety Day Fiance. I have been put in a situation where I unfortunately have to ask for help due to the recent legal filings by Angela against me, I must seek legal advice. I've obtained an attorney, but the fees are expensive, and because there were other gofundmes that were launched, he did a video as well to prove that it was him.
Speaker 10: Took me a lot to post the go for me linked on my page because I'm not the kind of person, but this situation I am not.
Speaker 7: It's beyond me and I'm trying my best to get in de storted. I really need a support and I appreciate each I never won.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: All right, well, he's already raised more than the twenty five thousand. It's over twenty six thousands since he posted it, and of course Angela has already responded, go.
Speaker 11: Fund me, my ass how about go funding give me back my years I spent on a scammer.
Speaker 3: Woom Wow, Michael might be the first minute to port himself.
Speaker 2: Get me out of here, send me home.
Speaker 3: That's domestic abuse, man. You can't treat people like that.
Speaker 2: She's awful.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 4: All right, well that is your guty. When we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night? And boy, did I have a night last Tell me about it.
Speaker 6: It's so about last night. Yes, I went down.
Speaker 2: All right, his way up, I'm here, beat outs here right, beat out. What did you do last night?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: I made a lasagna?
Speaker 2: Yo, you made it?
Speaker 3: I made a lasagna?
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 4: First of all, I made lasagna, not a lasagna. That's how I already know. Probably okay, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: It was delicious. It was delicious. I was really proud of myself. How'd you make it with noodles and turkey meat and sauce? So it came out really good?
Speaker 2: Is that your first time doing that?
Speaker 3: The first time? It came out good?
Speaker 2: Did you use rikatta?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I used riccatta. I use all the cheeses and stuff like that. I try to follow recipes on TikTok and Instagram, but they talked too fast.
Speaker 2: So hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was good.
Speaker 2: Why you didn't bring us some?
Speaker 3: I know you want leftovers?
Speaker 2: I want to I want to see what this tastes like. Did you do garlic bread with it? Or anything?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Garlic bread? You know? Cultured? Who do you think I am?
Speaker 10: Of course?
Speaker 4: All right, that's nice. I didn't know you cooked like that. Well, last night I was filming lip Service. I'm sure if you follow tyree you might have seen him post us on lips Serve. But Tyresee does have a new double album coming out August thirtieth, as well as a movie coming out that day with ray Leota called nineteen ninety two. Yeah, so he's been doing interviews and usually lip Service is about an hour. Last night's episode definitely went way longer than that. But he did also at the end of the episode. This isn't on the episode, but after we finished filming, he played two songs for us off of his new project. One of them you can see it on his page too, because he previews it there is called Wildflower and it's dedicated to his mom, who passed away a couple of years ago during COVID, and I know that affected him deeply. And he talked about also having the beard on the Marvin Gaye. He the trailer for the video he's playing that character, and in the interview he'll discuss that more. But you know, I was looking around the room and so many people have lost a parent in that room on lip Service. You know Gigi recent well, she lost her mom and she had on she always has on the chain with her mom face on it. You know Jordan also as well, who's another one of the hosts on the service, And so it got very emotional in the room while he was playing that song. And it's an amazing it's an amazing song too.
Speaker 3: You're making me sad, Angela, I'm just telling you at.
Speaker 4: Last, but it's okay, sometimes right to be sad. And then but it was a it was a beautiful experience for everybody in the room. The song is definitely gonna touch a lot of people when they hear it in its entirety A tear you know what else of this song it made me think of that's also a tearjerker. J Electronica, which one all praise due to a lie where he.
Speaker 3: Tu yeah, oh, praise yes at the end of his album Yes.
Speaker 2: Man, that song, I got some numbers in my phone ring again great record and he you know, he actually filmed a video for that, but then they really yes, wow, it was uh, you guys would never see it.
Speaker 4: I got a chance. I was actually there when when they filmed it during the pandemic. Didn't know that Electronica and Jay Z did the video together. But unfortunately, you know, I don't know what they'll ever do with that footage. They shit though, because when I tell you, it was the saddest video shoot I've ever been to in my life.
Speaker 7: Wow, you know.
Speaker 4: But also just the motion of the time period that we were in. He's also lost his mother, which has affected him greatly.
Speaker 3: So you gotta find that video and Jay Electronica at the same time.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, anyway, that is about last night. Now when we come back, I want to talk more about this Angela and Michael from ninety day fiance situation. I've been playing you guys clips in here in case you haven't watched it.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of invested now Angela.
Speaker 4: But Michael started to go fund me and he's trying to raise money for legal fees to because of this divorce with Angela. But I'm wondering if you guys have ever gotten scammed by your partner. She's accusing him of scamming her.
Speaker 11: Go fund me, my ass. How about go fund me and give me back my years? I spin Horn a scammer?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Have you ever gotten scammed by your partner? Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty is the number. She feels that she was scammed so he could come into the country and she wants her years back. But we want to know what you guys have experienced. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. People get scammed all the time. It's way up.
Speaker 6: Turn it up, you rabbing way up with Angela yet more?
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, shout out to Glorilla. I am appalled at hearing rap about.
Speaker 7: His loose knuckle, but we're jealous.
Speaker 4: But it's way up and we are talking about scamming. This all came from ninety day fiance. You know how much I watched this show. Angela and Michael I feel like have been on for a decade now. But anyway, she went.
Speaker 2: Into annull their marriage.
Speaker 4: And now he's raising money on gofunme for his legal fees, and Angela responded to his goalfundme.
Speaker 2: He's already raised all the money.
Speaker 3: How much did you donate?
Speaker 2: I didn't have to.
Speaker 4: He raised twenty five thousand, more than twenty five thousand dollars. All right, and here's what you had to say, Go fund me my ass.
Speaker 11: How about go fund and give me back to my years? I spin horn a scammer.
Speaker 3: He said, this gotta be worse than logos. Man, I gotta go back home.
Speaker 2: Anyway. We want to ask, have you guys, ever been in a situation where you've been scammed?
Speaker 3: Have you beat an I'm broke, You'll just be practicing if you try to scam me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody's ever scammed me in a relationship out of money. Now in real life, I don't know if it's a scam. If you pay somebody to do a job and they don't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a scam. That's a scam, Like I gotta check the ruble.
Speaker 4: Or it could just be you're incompetent at your alleged job too. Probably what happens all the time. But we want to hear your stories. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty am, I tell us your scam story.
Speaker 14: So boom Okay, I was in the military. I meet a bunch of my friends. We were in the Marine Corps right, and my last dutation was overseas. So fast forward to recently. My friend was telling me that her aunt was getting scammed by a guy who was claiming that he was in the military. He basically like, they mean online he would try to say he would send pictures, but they were like weird pictures, like grainy pictures, are like his name wasn't on his uniform, which would be weird to people who were in the military, but not so weird to somebody who was a civilian. You know what I'm saying, right, So he starts telling her like he got in trouble, he got his pay reduce and everything like that, which is the thing in the military. You get in a certain amount.
Speaker 3: Of trouble, you get your pay reduce.
Speaker 14: So he started having hur send money to him for like little things like makeing it's like a burger here, some.
Speaker 3: Piece of there.
Speaker 14: Then it goes to like, I'm still in trouble. I need money for like bills and stuff like that. But it goes from hurt sitting like hundreds of dollars to hurtending like thousands, hundreds of thousands of dollars to this too because I'm putting her all out out there not listening. So the only reason that he even started to believe it was fake. She asked us, like is this normal, And the first is We're like, yeah, that's normal, and we like send us to picture Da da da. We figured out it was fake because he told her that he was in Texas right the pictures he was sending her of the base. That base is overseas. We were all just living at that base overseas. We're looking at these pictures, and we're getting scanning these pictures hard. So we like you, dont guy scam and play out of all this money from a man who claimed he like twenty years younger than you, and whole time probably he probably lived right next door to you.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, well, thank god she found out finally, but you know what, wait, she was out hundreds of thousands, and then what happened.
Speaker 14: She's still with this man trying to get to Oh my god, Oh yeah, goodness.
Speaker 2: Beat that. See you could have came up. I could have you did your part. I don't know what else to do. She gonna end up broke.
Speaker 3: That's so sad, broken, lonely.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you for sharing with us. I mean he tried, y'all.
Speaker 3: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Hey Naomi, Hello, what's me? And beat that? Definitely want to hear your story about getting scammed.
Speaker 12: Tell us, no, it's not me so much, but my mom, I love ninety days Beyonce me too, and my mom was talking to Nigerian on Facebook and I had just signed her up Facebook. So she really had no idea about the standlers and the Nigeria impression.
Speaker 9: No, so she was gonna go visit him.
Speaker 12: I made her watch the whole ninety days to make sure she wasn't getting scammed because he wanted to go see her or her sister. End up going. He wasn't a scammer and they've been married for seven years.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, that's good. See all right, well I love that for her. Oh but look at you made her watch ninety day fiance.
Speaker 7: I know she was like shook after that.
Speaker 12: He was like, wait, what if he is scamming me? But he wasn't.
Speaker 4: All right, well that's good, we'll shut out to her. Thank you for calling her Nigerian prince.
Speaker 6: Thank you bye.
Speaker 4: Well that came from nainety day fiance Michael and Angela. She feels like he scammed her, But I mean this is you know, something.
Speaker 3: That seems like it's common practice centuries.
Speaker 4: Old getting scammed. This They were scamming back in the day too, and they still doing it today. It's just easier now with social media. All right, well, when we come back, we have your yet and let's talk about Tyler the Creator apologizing to eminem.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you why it's way up.
Speaker 6: Off this pot.
Speaker 5: Let's get Angelus feeling that yea te Come.
Speaker 6: And get the tea.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's maybe it's way up. I'm here, beat us here. That is absolutely correct, and let's get into some yeat and now I just like this feel good story. Ghost Face, ghost Face Killer. He was up here the other day. He popped up and guest hosted, were, yeah, what'd you that day? It was actually I was walking into the building and he was outside in the sprinter and I was like, he was like, you shows on now, I'm gonna come do I was like, come, guest host and he guess hosted. That's how we have his killer coffee here. Oh man, ghost Face kill Off.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite rappers.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, he did a quick Q and A with Double x L and some of the things he talked about is his most prized.
Speaker 2: Piece of jewelry is his bird.
Speaker 3: Of course, you know that.
Speaker 2: He said talking about Africa was his favorite part about writing his book, Rise of a Killer, and he talked about his fondest rap memory, and this was a good one. And it's so funny because I walked in here playing this song.
Speaker 3: You have my friend and my moment.
Speaker 4: I love this song honestly, like also made this song amazing. Yes, but he said his fondest rap memory is going on stage with Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Madison, Square Guard and Faded and you And so I walked.
Speaker 4: In here playing this and you were like, I remember when he was on stage doing it, he looked so happy.
Speaker 3: He looks so happy.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: He was in the moment man, And so that.
Speaker 4: Was his finest memory. So you saw how happy he looked. And yeah, for him, this was his best memory.
Speaker 3: That's awesome of all the things he's done in his career. And then be on stage we.
Speaker 4: Were talking about remember he had his R and B album too, and him and Neo always have done some great toe you know back like that. That's to me, Like, that's still my song to this day. Yes, Yes, indeed, all that I got is you that his mom was not happy about.
Speaker 3: This the top ten poverty record of all time.
Speaker 2: Shut up? What else is on that list?
Speaker 3: G Depp?
Speaker 2: You love a list?
Speaker 7: List?
Speaker 2: What else is on the list?
Speaker 3: G Depp? Every day that's on there as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh maybe Naughty by Nature. Everything's going to be all right.
Speaker 3: Thing, it's gonna be alright.
Speaker 2: Another day doing a top ten poverty rap records.
Speaker 4: All right, now, let's talk about Mavericks. That's Maverick Cardis show. So he sat down with Tyler the creator and he talked about a lot of different things. Tyler the creator said, he owes Eminem an apology for criticizing the Recovery album.
Speaker 15: I've seen this show Painkillers about like how people got addicted to opioids, and like the nineties or whatever, Eminem put out this album car Recovery.
Speaker 3: When that album came out, I hated it publicly. It was like, this is whack. I thought.
Speaker 15: I was just like, I don't like the music. He was in a different part of his life and probably felt like I was attacking him. And after watching that show, dude, I felt so bad because my perspective was so limited.
Speaker 3: I love him that you taught me.
Speaker 6: How to rap.
Speaker 3: Wow. I like the Recovery album.
Speaker 5: Many people didn't like Relapse because of the accents, but there was some songs and there I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: You were on the album.
Speaker 2: I'm on a skit. Yes, I can recreate that.
Speaker 4: And then in addition to that, this was something that you actually brought to my attention today as we were discussing Tyl, that the creator was talking about not wanting to come across as a hater, but artists that he feels like are just joking and mocking the craft.
Speaker 16: Here is what he said, swhite kid, regular, like Caucasian man, and he's like mocking Future and Gucci mane rap music and like people are like this hard and I hold rap music so clear too.
Speaker 6: To my heart, this is like weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so go ahead beat that because you you pointed out that people people suspect he's talking about Ian.
Speaker 5: He's a mean's a new rapper who's collaborator for a bunch of guys like the Little YACHTI and Boo, who's Acon's brother. He responded to Tyler the creator on Instagram and he said, Oh, Tyler, I signed Ian. I'm from Atlanta. He sounds nothing like Guccia Future.
Speaker 3: Lol.
Speaker 5: It's called influence. But I never thought i'd see the day where you become old and hate on the youth.
Speaker 3: Lol.
Speaker 2: You think he was old and handing on the youth.
Speaker 7: No, he's not.
Speaker 5: I don't think Tyler the creator is a hater. I think he appreciates Rapp and he's passionate about what he says. And to be fair, theoughtist that he is implying does suck. Okay, I don't have to endorse.
Speaker 2: That, but yeah, I don't know. I haven't heard him. But yeah, you know, Boo, all press is good press. So we're going to take a listen.
Speaker 4: All right, well that is your yet and once again be that it's gonna post this and go viral.
Speaker 2: Let me see what Navy's face is looking like.
Speaker 7: Okay, X is good?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, when we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're under the radar. And since we just talked about Boo, let's play some Kanye and Selena Johnson all falls down.
Speaker 2: She's like a chout like they Angela Jean like they Angelie Jean Man.
Speaker 6: She's spilling it all.
Speaker 2: This is yeaty way, all right, way, yep, I'm here, were beat at right?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: I love gossiping with Beatot too. Did Jada Smith cheat on his girlfriend?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Or did he not.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody's comparing it to other things.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it might be hereditary.
Speaker 4: But he's been accused of cheating on his girlfriend because he was photographed with another woman on a boat being intimate. Oh man, did you see these pictures? And everybody's comparing the two women. This is his girl that he cheated on, allegedly.
Speaker 3: Snow buddies. What is she she looks? I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Is she African America?
Speaker 3: She's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Zoe Kravitz, she said it was very hurtful having to move away from her mom, Lisa Bonet, and she moved in with Lenny Kravitz, that's her father, after the two of them split up in nineteen ninety one. She said, which I had been able to appreciate what she was doing for me at the time. She was so focused on preserving my intents, my creativity because she knew what the world is that you don't get that back. So that is hurtful for parents too, when your child is like, I'm leaving and I'm gonna go live with my dad.
Speaker 3: He's way cooler.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so now that she can look back at that, she says that she, you know, she hadn't appreciated what her mom did at the time. Now another person who's talking about their relationship with their parents, El King, has opened up about her relationship with her father, who is Rob Schneider. She was recently on the Dumb Blonde podcast and here is what she had to say about her father.
Speaker 17: If I would ever spend a summer with my dad, it would be on a movie set. I would just get lost in the shuffle. Did you ever feel like you guys could connect?
Speaker 2: Not till I was much much older.
Speaker 17: I was like a really really heavy child, my dad said, met him back, Camp, I disagree with a lot of the things that he says. You're talking about, and you know, anti gay rights, and it's like, get I don't want.
Speaker 2: To be associated with him, said the fat Camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And she said one time she got in trouble because she sprained her ankle and didn't lose any weight.
Speaker 3: Why is that funny to you, I'll tell you the fact, Camp, you stay and lose the weight.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're grounded anyway. So she has no plans to mend the relationship with her dad. She doesn't want to be associated with him. And she said he's just not nice. And you can want someone to change. You can't control their actions, though, or people's feelings. All you can control is how you react and what you do with your feelings. Well, Rob Schneider has since apologized to his daughter, and here's what he said.
Speaker 16: Well, I love you.
Speaker 13: I wish I was the father of my twenties that you needed. Clearly I wasn't, and I hope you can forgive me for my shortcomings. I love you completely. I love you entirely, and I just want you to be well and happy.
Speaker 4: Right Win And did an interview with Tucker Carlson saying that it's hard when your father is somebody who you might hate the opinions that he has and not agree with them, and you're just like, he's just not a good person.
Speaker 2: Like, what do you do when you're when your parent is just not a good person?
Speaker 3: Make another baby?
Speaker 4: Well, you're you make a baby. I'm saying, your parents are in goal and you don't like their views. They're famous, and they're embarrassing to you them. There he divorce your parents fifty said he is in fifty cents, said he's in no rush to become a billionaire. He sat down with us Weekly and he said he doesn't quantify money like that. He quantifies the level of successes and wins that he's achieved. He said, I have far exceeded anyone's expectations of me. I think my longevity and staying power in the industry have surprised many. But that's what drives me further. I'm not in a hurry to reach billionaire status. I've reached a point where I don't want anything I don't have. What's the rush. I bought every car I wanted multiple times over. That's a nice feeling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think fifty has a point because what can a billionaire buy or what can a millionaire buy it? A billionaire can buy it kind of like in the same room, right, well speaking behalf of the middle class.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Not a millionaire.
Speaker 4: It's got to be like the high millions, like you know, because a billionaire can do a lot more than a person with a million dollars.
Speaker 3: But fifty is a multi millionaire. Yeah, he has.
Speaker 2: Hundreds of millions, right, I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 3: You can live in the same complex, right, But.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a billionaire you could buy an island and your private jet to go to that island. Right, Bring all your friends and buy them islands too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't buy the island, you can just rent it out.
Speaker 2: But he's right.
Speaker 4: He has, like he said, he has surpassed everybody's expectations and he can do what he wants and he has all the things that he wants and need. The more money you make, though, I feel like the more you end up spending, well, that is your Yet when we come back, we have asked ye eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty any question that you have beat that and I are here to help you out again. That's eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty is a number. Ask is next, And let's hear this classic. You won't hear it in certain places, but you will hear it here. Here's Kenjack Lamar not like us.
Speaker 6: Everybody, whether it's relationship for career advice, Angela's dropping facts, shoold.
Speaker 2: This is ask what's up his way up at Angela?
Speaker 8: Yee?
Speaker 4: I'm here beat out here and it's time for ask yee. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. I'm here with my h my fellow New Yorker by the way, and we have Corey on the line. What's up, Corey?
Speaker 9: Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's up, niece? What's your question for us?
Speaker 9: So my question is this weekend, I'm going to New York for my birthday and I want to know what some recommendations you give me to I'm gonna turn up and have a good time.
Speaker 3: You call the right people.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow's May No Day, so you know we'll be out there, but beat up. What would you give your recommendations?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 5: Well, this weekend at the Javis Center, there is like a fanatic fest, so there's gonna be a lot of athletes. I think Jesse's going to be there, so it's going to be kind of star studed this weekend.
Speaker 4: Some of my favorite restaurants that go to in Manhattan are Jasmine's and Samar. They're on forty sixth Streets, so they're Caribbean restaurants. It's also Legos, which is an African restaurant.
Speaker 2: Where are you staying, I'm staying in Manhattan, Okay, district, the Financial District.
Speaker 4: You can also go to Brooklyn Chop House and that's in the Financial District. In Manhattan. I know it's called the Brooklyn Chop House. Yeah, but it's in Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you decide to come to Brooklyn, which is where it will be, uh, you can go to Negrill That's one of my favorite places. Negrill b K in Brooklyn. Also the Simpson in Brooklyn that's right across the street from the Barclays. We love that there too, And there's a lot of restaurants in that general area. There's charm Bar, Oh Savvy b Show if you want to go there. They have a really fun brunch in Brooklyn. And then a lot of Broadway plays are happening, so I don't know if you like Broadway plays love oh well, I definitely recommend doing that. Stephanie Mills is in Hades right now, so you can go see that. Alicia Keys Haiti's Town, Hatties Town. Alicia Keys has a play right Yeah, Alicia Keys has Hell's Kitchen. It's MJ the Music Hall. That's that's still there. You'll love that one too, just so much, girl, And you came in a good time.
Speaker 2: The weather's amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just walk around soho too. You never know who you're gonna run into.
Speaker 9: Okay, y'all. Thank you for all that because I needed it. Who you coming with as long as be one of my classmates in high school and your girlfriend and my boyfriend is okay?
Speaker 6: Day?
Speaker 3: Where you guys coming from?
Speaker 9: Oh I'm actually from Mississippi, but I live in Nasvito.
Speaker 4: So okay, nasal all right, Well, just so many things, y'all are gonna just have so much fun.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and we take pictures tag Angela so we can see how much of a good time you had.
Speaker 9: Okay, welly don't you do? Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Awesome, all right, y'all have fun. Look for Rest if you come to main O day. Okay, we'll do all right, good luck, have fun.
Speaker 3: Angel work for yo.
Speaker 4: I know, I feel like I forgot a lot of things. Shesh, I feel bad, but she's staying in the city.
Speaker 2: So all right.
Speaker 4: Well that was ask ye eight hundred two nine two fifty one to fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can still call us anytime. And when we come back. We have Jabbari Banks. He plays Will Smith on bel Air. That's the reboot of The Fresh Prince Season three started today. All right, So we're going to talk to him all about the new season. Also what's been going on in his life because you know he's also an artist. Oh, he's a musician, he's a rapper.
Speaker 3: Well maybe he might make my playlist.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what's what playlist?
Speaker 3: Spotify Taste. We'll talk about it, all right.
Speaker 2: We will talk about beat us playlist. It's way up. It's gonna turn me up. Here we go again.
Speaker 6: This is Way Up with Angela.
Speaker 4: Yee, all right, it's way up. I'm here and Tabari Banks is back again. Let's go back again on Way Up, but also back again on bel Air. Season three is premiering. I got a chance to get the first three episodes.
Speaker 2: You know, did you see it?
Speaker 7: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: What Say's so funny that we get to see it and we do?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man, First of all, you know, I love the show, and our producer was telling you before we started the interview, your interview up here on Way Up was one of our biggest interviews.
Speaker 2: So thank you for that.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, of course. I mean that's that's shocking to me. That's beautiful. Really, yeah, shout out to the fans. I mean, it's all love that's why we're still here.
Speaker 2: I also feel like you've been living at your music dreams.
Speaker 7: Too, Yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 10: I have a single coming out It's called Weekend Drive on the sixteenth of this month, August sixteenth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so well go get that and listen to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say you're doing Were you at the Champion Oh man? Yeah, that was amazing.
Speaker 10: No, No, that was like, you know, that was very very last minute and you know, shout out to Peacock. They hit me up and they died some talent to sing on the Macy's Day parade.
Speaker 7: That's what he was doing.
Speaker 2: You know how many people were watching. You seen so many videos.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I can't turn that down. That's crazy. Like I was living on my wildest dreams.
Speaker 10: It was wild because you know, we're taking the float through the streets in New York and there's thousands of people like that go out and watch, and it's super cold, and like, I'm smiling the whole way. Do you get to smile the whole way through? And I told you, they said you got a smile small and way the whole way through. By the by the end of it, it was like an hour. By the end of it, my mouth was hurting. It was crazy, but it was a great experience.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Right now, we are talking to Jabari Banks from bel Air. The show starts to Get in Today, season three, and you played metro Booming. Yeah yeah, man, So you got that call.
Speaker 2: So twenty one Savages movie, it's a biopic.
Speaker 10: Right, well, it was a trailer, but it's a music video. Okay, So it's like, you know, the music video was the trailer for his project. It was a great rollout.
Speaker 7: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I was like, is he doing a whole food feature movie?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 10: So basically so it was crazy. So that was last minute as well too. I get a call from my manager was like, Yo, Donald Glover wants you to be in this twenty one Savage music video.
Speaker 7: I was like, Yo, how can I say no to that? Like I love both of those artists, and you know, I filmed it. We did.
Speaker 10: It was one day shoot and when it came out it was a trailer. I'm like, Yo, did they shoot the whole movie?
Speaker 7: I'm like it was like a full length feature.
Speaker 10: Because I've been shooting thing else, you know what I mean. So it was just that so yeah, but it was it was a trailer. It was actually a music video trailer, but it was dope the way they rolled it out.
Speaker 2: Donald Glover to hit you up for that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's my team. Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 4: So did you know, like, did y'all know each other prior to that or is it no? No, it's not even an audition process for you anymore. It's just a call and come do this.
Speaker 7: It depends on the project. It depends on the project.
Speaker 10: But that was that was super dope because I you know, I grew up loving Donald Glover, childish gambino, you know, and you know I got a chance to really sit down and talk with him and getting this kind of getting his head and during that shooting it was like it was he was super dope, like super down to earth.
Speaker 7: We rode in the car together. It's beautiful, all right.
Speaker 2: Jabari Banks is here. He's got a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Not only is he playing Bill Smith and bel Air, but personally he's got his own career as an artist, and we dig into some of the themes on the show and see what his real life opinion is.
Speaker 2: It's way out.
Speaker 6: You want to know my name, Way up?
Speaker 4: With Angela, what's up? His way up with Angela? Yee, I'm here, and Jabari Banks from bel Air is here with me. He plays the character of Will Smith. How do you feel now seeing how well everything has worked out? Because anytime it's show start, you never know if it's going to be like a season two, a season three, how it's going to continue. But for you, like if this is a dream come true honestly because a lot of shows don't make it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, it's a blessing to get to do what I love, like you know what I mean. And that's the thing, Like I can't say like thank you to the fans enough because like they're keeping us going, like you know what I mean, Like we're here because there's a lot of people were against us and off the jump.
Speaker 11: You know what.
Speaker 4: It's also hard because that's a show that existed so popular, exactly, and so everybody had their They come in with preconceived notions about what it's going to be.
Speaker 2: They come in like wanting to hate exactly.
Speaker 10: But I understand it because when I heard that they were doing their freshman's Rubu, I was like, there's no way they're really doing that, you know, what I mean. When I read the script, I was like, oh, I understand it now, and it's just a whole different take.
Speaker 4: And you have Well Smith's blessing. That's important too, because if it would have been done without that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if it would have worked. But it was amazing to get his blessing too. And you know, big ups to Big Will too, like he gave us all the tools that we needed to succeed.
Speaker 2: I saw y'all praankt him too, So that was interesting.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 2: We did a reboot of Out of Here, may know, and we got him. He was the last one. He didn't realize to the end. But it did very well. Thank you always help us go viral.
Speaker 7: Oh gotcha? Got you? Gotcha. It was not my idea at all, but I enjoyed doing it.
Speaker 4: Right now, we are talking to Jabari Banks from bel Air. The show starts to Get Today season three.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: Another thing that's happening on the show is Uncle Phil and Aunt their marriage, and it looks like there might be like some.
Speaker 2: Little issues there.
Speaker 4: But I feel like every marriage is going to have times where it goes through like some humps, and some certain things happen there's a situation where there's a little kiss that happens where Uncle Phil. Do you think that's something he should tell his wife? Oh, you know, let me see where your morals are.
Speaker 7: No, so check it out, Like.
Speaker 3: I mean, for sure.
Speaker 10: I mean, honesty is the best policy. Like you know what I'm saying, Honestly is the key to any relationship. And trust, you know what I'm saying. Nless you break that trust, it's hard to gain that back.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 10: It's that's a tough conversation to have, but I think it's it's worth having. You'll see how I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is all things we don't know yet exactly, you know, And even when you watch the trailer, you get a little bit of an idea of certain things that are going to be happening. Open marriage, Yeah, po conversation.
Speaker 7: That is insane. They know, I'm telling you, the writers went crazy this season.
Speaker 2: Can you see being married to like one person for the rest of your life?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Absolutely? Okay, absolutely, And.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the vibes that I get from you, I can see that being, you know, like a nice person.
Speaker 2: Still, even in the midst of.
Speaker 10: All this, I appreciate it. Yeah, that's what I'm not trying to keep that, you know what I mean? But yeah, I mean I want a big family. I want like eight nine kids, like I'm trying to have, like a family that's a lot of work. I don't want that family treat to look crazy.
Speaker 4: Like, Yeah, her job as a mom is going to be the job that she's going to have to have because I can't see how you can have eight or nine kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, go to work, you gotta be. That's a strong woman. That's a strong woman. But yeah, I'm gonna hold it down to you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But I see a lot of big things happening for you, and so ippreciate you. Thank you so much for coming through. I know you have a packed schedule.
Speaker 10: Always a pleasure to be here with you. I'm a fan of you all. I grew up watching you, so yes, it's always good.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You not y'all know I'm old.
Speaker 4: Kenny, but thank you so much. I appreciate it and much blessings to you, well deserved. Cannot wait. Everybody, make sure y'all tune in to bell Air season three. I saw the first three episodes and I was up late at night, trying to make sure that I finish it because I was locked in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, love love all.
Speaker 4: Right, Well you can watch that, Phoe And if you're on my YouTube channel, Way Up with You and when we come back, I'm here with beat Out and you guys have the last word.
Speaker 6: Take up the phone tapping to get your voice heard. What the word bitch? Here's the last word on Way Up with Angela? Yee?
Speaker 2: What's up his Way Up with Angela Yee. I'm here beat outs here.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Also, a happy would have been birthday for DJK Slay. He would have been fifty nine years old today, So sleep in peace to djk Slay.
Speaker 2: Beat that. You also have a playlist, Yeah, I want to talk about Yes, So spot Fire has the Taste playlist and I'm want to cover this month.
Speaker 3: You're on a cover I want to cover.
Speaker 2: Wow, you made it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I made it man.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's fifty songs that I chose, fifty songs of the last five years. I didn't want to go too old schools, so I just said of my favorites, like songs from Larry June. If it's Staples smoked Dizza. So it's a nice collection of songs you can check out.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it at you right here, right now. You look like you're very pensive the cover of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you Sean, I.
Speaker 2: Said, key Glott, a little bit of everybody, Boldy James, all right.
Speaker 5: You know I got some women on there too. We got Nicki Minaj Kalani. So yeah, it's a little bit of everybody.
Speaker 2: Doja cat Okay, Okay, those are all the women of.
Speaker 3: Scissor Scissors on there.
Speaker 5: I didn't discriminate, So shout out to Spotify, call Charry and the good folks over there.
Speaker 4: Thanks again to Jabari Banks for joining us. Don't forget bel Air. This season three premiere is today and I got some great fun things for you. You know, last week Tyler played a surprise show in New York City that was to you by iHeartRadio and maybe Leene New York. So thank you to everybody who came out. Now there's a surprise coming up. I'm hearing some rumblings and you know, I can't give it all away, but today there is going to be another pop up show with a huge, major artist.
Speaker 2: You're gonna love this one.
Speaker 4: She's beautiful too, That's all I can say, okay, all right, if you DM me, maybe I'll give away to surprise.
Speaker 2: No, I can't. I can't.
Speaker 4: I've been sworn to secrecy. All right, it's way up and you guys have the last word.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 12: I want to tind the light out to my daughter, Zarria Ross.
Speaker 8: She's graduated Classic twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I love her so much. I'm a proud of her.
Speaker 12: Thank you for me in the sense order in the world.
Speaker 7: I love you.
Speaker 6: Going way out or turn out with angela ye