Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. The hard hitting football action is getting even better with Prize Picks. The weather might be changing, but the fee lague of being right never gets sold. So keep the season rolling on Prize Picks by getting fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. We are in to think of football season and some of y'all might be feeling down, but don't worry. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. We could level the football with something Josh Allen six six total touchdowns, three passing, three rushing, more and more on Prize Picks all day Baby. Prize Picks is the only app that offers stacks, meaning you can pick the same player up to three times in the same lineup. Wanna pick more on Josh Allen passyards, rush yards, touchdowns. Now you can pick all three of them in the same lineup only on Prize Picks. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just pick more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Download the Prize Pick app today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's code Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 2: Priss picks.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 4: Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 1: And there's my partner justin this camera, my co host, Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame honoree, a former pro bowler and an All Pro that is Chad o Yo Sinkle Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and word of mouth. Thanks to you, Nightcap has become the phenomen out that we is are and only because of you will continue to rise because of you. So again, thank you for your support and you'll continue support. Make sure you just head over to Laportierkannac dot com so you can support Shade by Laportier, especially if you can't find it in a state or city near you.
Speaker 4: We're coming.
Speaker 1: If we're not already there, but you can order it online, we'll ship it directly to your door. It's the best tasting premium vessel pekgnact on the market.
Speaker 4: Don't take my word for it.
Speaker 1: Compare it, Try it against other premium b SOPs and I'm sure you'll be convinced, like we are, that is the best tasting premium vesslp kangnac on the market. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Check out my media company h on all of its platforms that shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. Well, guys, you just saw beat down. Just happened. The Cowboys beat the Raiders by the score of thirty three to sixteen. George Pickins and CD Lamb spent Dallas opening series on the bench coach's decision, reportedly violating team rules. We'll get to that in a minute. But the Cowboys run their record to four to five and one, so there's seven games left, O Joe. The Raiders fall to two and eight. No surprise there. Dak was sensational tonight twenty five and thirty three, two sixty eight, four touchdown, zero interceptions. He did have the strip sack fumble. Javonte Williams ran the ball twenty two times for ninety three yards. They had thirty one rush attempts one hundred and fourteen yards. George Pickins led to charge nine carries for a buck forty four in a touchdown. Seed He had five for sixty six and a touchdown, and Jake Ferguson had four for sixteen and a touchdown. Ceed's kicking himself. I mean, Dak could have throw him a better ball he had Dak had he sped himself up more than what he needed to Seed.
Speaker 4: He know, he like he gotta make that catch.
Speaker 1: Gino twenty seven and forty two to two thirty eight, one touchdown, won an exception. The running game was terrible. The offensive line is terrible. A center if god off, I don't I don't like to say this, but y'all saw it. How many safety how many sacks did he give up? He's just he was just overmatched and oh joll this is not you know, hindsight. Ashton Genty was is a good player, but he's not the sixth pick in the draft because you got too many more.
Speaker 4: You take that guy, you got everything you need.
Speaker 1: But if you got everything you need, guess you're not picking sixth in the draft. He's not Ladonian Tomlinson, he's not Adrian Peterson, sir. But you rewarded him as if he was one of those transformational running backs.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean when when you watch him play, when you watch him play in college, obviously, what he was able to do at Boise at Boise State, it was, it was phenomenal. He had a phenomenal season. But then you take into account.
Speaker 4: You know, you stepped up in competition.
Speaker 2: Ye yeah, I hate saying that.
Speaker 5: I hate saying that, but you have to take that into account and what he was able to do against them. I think he played, he played against Penn State, and he he you know, he did fairly well. But it's much different as opposed to coming into the NFL and and and using that as an assessment in him being able to have success at this level, especially when you go to a team that is that is as bad as the raders are, you have to be that much more special as they running back. You have to be one of those one of those generational talents.
Speaker 2: You need to be Barrys Sanders there you.
Speaker 5: Go to be able to to be able to overshadow how bad they are.
Speaker 1: He's not Barry Sanders, he's not Ladanian, he's not a he's not a Peterson, he's not that. He's not Say Kwan. He's not one of those transformational backs.
Speaker 2: O yo, and go ahead, go ahead. He's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: He's just not he's not them, and he's not good enough to overcome how bad the raiders are.
Speaker 2: Let's thank you.
Speaker 1: And when you need multiple things, Hey, oh Joe, I got a house. You know in the house, ain't that s fiffy? I don't need to spend thirty five thousand dollars on the couch. I ain't got no refrigerator, ain't got no microwave, I ain't got no stove. I ain't got no bedroom furniture. I ain't got no living room furniture. I just got a thirty five thousand dollar couch. I ain't got no TVs. They needed too much to spend that pick on that guy. You needed a quarterback to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 5: No he listen, they got a quarterback. They just ain't got they ain't got much to work with.
Speaker 2: Ye I mean he got a quarterback? Who the Raiders man stopping?
Speaker 4: Oh joe?
Speaker 5: Okay, anyway, listen another for better context, for better context for those that are watching, I want you to think about Adrian Peterson. Once you think about Adrian Peterson when he was with the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 2: Yes, they didn't have much.
Speaker 4: On No, but he ain't Peterson.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm just giving people context.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 5: To be able to affect the Raiders and and and have them going in the positive light despite them having so many missing pieces, to be able to make a difference, you would have to be like an Adrian Peterson. Yes, but but he's just not that very very good player. No disrespect to young Bull, but he just.
Speaker 1: Let me ask your question. You think the Raiders are gonna go in the draft this year and get a quarterback?
Speaker 2: Ship? Yeah, I mean what do you think? I'm not sure? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And guess guess what. Guess what? Well, they probably would have screwed him up.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't have been with the Jackson dark Nay, but like, but they probably would have screwed him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the Raiders need they need a lot of the defense, with the exception of Crosby. Yes, sir, oh Joe, you need you need corners, you need safeties, you need linebackers, you need a lot of stuff. Thirty six was playing scared. Oh Joe, you see him up there, like, oh oh man, this is George Pickens. Damn what am I gonna do? Catch this ball high and the hell him? I gonna get him on the ground. Oh goodness, Lord, have mercy. Hey y'all, why did y'all call this coverage? That's gonna make me cover? George Pickens?
Speaker 2: One, Well, you play for the Raiders. You for the Raiders.
Speaker 5: Un a blind man knows, and you play for the Raiders. What coverage are you playing? You're playing man coverage man, for sure playing man. You understand and know that going into the game. Boy, this is the bright lights, This is the bright lights. This is the game you want to get up for. You want to be playing against the Cowboys. You want the world watching, You want everybody watching. When you as a defensive back, I get to play against Ceedee Lamb and George Pickens. You got to be chomping at the bitch for a battle like that too. I want that as a competitor as a player.
Speaker 1: But the Raiders are so Oh Joe, the Raiders are. They're so bad. They need so many things. They need an offensive line, they need a defensive line, they need something to go. If I'm Max Crosby, I want to get out. Y'all need Max Crosley. You see you see a Miles Garrett and we're going to talk about this is having a historic a historic season. He has no impact on them winning now, and it's unfortunate because he has fifteen sacks with seven games to play. There's a great chance he's gonna break that record that he's gonna end up with twenty three, twenty four sacks, and it's gonna be for nothing. They're probably finished with four and thirteen.
Speaker 2: MaTx. Crosby is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: He can play the run now.
Speaker 1: He's a hard guy to block because you never do because he's like a junior. Say I arrested soul. You never know where he's gonna be. He's supposed to be outside and then he crosses your face. You expect him to cross your face, and now he bulls you back into the backfield.
Speaker 2: So he's a really hard.
Speaker 1: Guy to block or to line up, and you can line him up on the line, but he's not gonna be He's never he's not going to win there because there's so many pieces away from fielding. Oh Joe, I can't tell you. Like the receivers. I know Lockett. I was like, Oh, that's Locket. That's the one that used to be in Seattle, went to Tennessee asports release because he wasn't getting any to catch it.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: They ran up down down in the red zone. Hold on, what's the guy? Let me see Tucker. They run it like a Tampa two. Yes, sir, Me and my quarterback would say, look, probably in this area if we run this play, I'm not gonna get over the top of him. Put it on my back shoulder. Yeah, because he running to a point. Oh Joe, I can't get on the top of my run out of the end zone. Hell, I'll be in Henderson.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hey, but hold on you in the first half, right, yes, yes, see that Do you.
Speaker 5: Know what that comes with chemistry, that comes with rhythm. Could you see where Geno Smith threw it? Because Gino Geno, yes, back shoulder, Yes right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Throwing it on your back shoulder and he just kept running.
Speaker 5: So I mean if you threw the ball the right way, it would have hit the line back in the back of the head.
Speaker 4: But see that's like, okay, that's it. Man.
Speaker 1: What your thinking? I don't know because Ochoe didn't tell me what he was thinking. Okay, Geno need to relay that to him. He don't do no good for Gino to throw it on his back shoulder because the guy is running it like they drew it up. He is not vetteran enough to understand if I can't get over the top, he's gonna fit this ball on my back shoulder. Yes, sir, So now all I do. I'm a haul buddy, like I'm trying to get over the top and guess what, I'm open.
Speaker 4: My heels and right here and it's gonna be a touchdown.
Speaker 2: And all to come down to, especially as a receiver.
Speaker 5: And we saw something similar to this, the type of throw I go, I go back to I go back to the Jets game. Yeah, Jets game with with with A d Mitchell. You know when they were in that.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, the answer he went outside and the yeah.
Speaker 5: Everybody saying every and obviously the dv's and trail. So it's not a perfect ball over top. What's the best place to put it with the dB trailing right behind him? Put it on his back shoulder away from the dB. That's only on his inside hip trying to catch up. It's a perfect throw. Same thing here.
Speaker 2: You know, if Tucker could have could have understood.
Speaker 4: And had y yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Had more control of his body, it would have been an easy catch and pitch and catching.
Speaker 1: You got problem what A d Mitchell was on the way he had his hands, have the ball this off the ground, and you try to catch it like this, your hands up on it like this. Now you got to make your hands like their bucket. You can't catch the ball cups. Guess what, even if you do catch it, when you hit the ground, poop, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna pop up right out.
Speaker 2: And the funny thing, those are small nuances on Those are.
Speaker 5: Smaller luances when it comes to younger players and veterans that you already know, yes, no, but I mean it's unfortunate the Raiders.
Speaker 2: They need a lot on Hey they do. It's gonna be.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a long time because you understand how long it takes the Bill a team, Yes, very long time to be a competitive team where you can compete, especially in that goddamn conference.
Speaker 1: They in, Oh you mean the division with my bold knicks and Justin Herbert, I know what you.
Speaker 2: Meant A West Division?
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: Now the thing that I look, the best thing that happened was picked George Pickens was to get out of Pittsburgh. He had gone comfortable. He wasn't gonna do. He needed something. He needs, need to be somewhere where they could get into football and he'd be happy. Dak can get into football. He's happy, he's playing happy, he's playing hard.
Speaker 2: He's tried.
Speaker 4: He tried.
Speaker 1: He reminds me now he ain't the same Bill, but he reminds me the way he plays, like to every time to caught the ball, to trying to get to hit his head on the gold post.
Speaker 2: Every time, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Every time George Pickings, you catch hell getting him on the ground. Because if you think he's just gonna go down. Oh yeah, I got if he gonna go down, No, he's not. He's not going down, yep. And he's tough to deal with because he has that mindset that, oh I know, Oh you're scared.
Speaker 4: I can tell you scared. You're back at all. You scared.
Speaker 1: Hey, give me a smoke rock, give me give me something quick. Let me get my hands on it.
Speaker 2: And now I take care of the rest.
Speaker 4: I do the rest.
Speaker 2: I take it.
Speaker 4: I'll do the rest.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's been. He's been everything that the Cowboys could have hoped for and more and more, yes and more. Now, look, the record is what the record is. But he's played exceptionally.
Speaker 2: Well, phenomenal.
Speaker 1: He's played really really well. And that threw the ball well. And and you know, Dak can have these games if you don't pressure that. Now, he's gonna pick you apart because he got the weapons to pick you upon it. I mean, it's it's shooting fish in the barrow. He got picked, he got a CD, he got Ferguson, Jake Ferguson. I like Jake Ferguson. He's not a guy that that got great speed. But Dak trusts him. Is where he's supposed to be. He makes good cat he makes a good catches. He's a solid tight end. Is he McBride?
Speaker 2: No? No? Is he the port To No?
Speaker 4: Is he Loveland in Chicago? No?
Speaker 2: Is he Warning and and and at the Colts?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: But he's a very good tight end for what they need because they run everything outside in a lot of those teams run things inside out. With that being said, oh Joe, uh, what do you like about what you saw from the cowboys?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: They looked good on And then the first the first thing I wanted to talk about. I couldn't wait to actually get on the show. And when I said, after that conversation with with number three, after that conversation that I had with three, and I told you you wouldn't have no more problems. I told you wouldn't have no more problems. Especially I'm about on the field. On the field stuff, now off the field stuff you have to be able to control. Because I got him to understand, I say, young boy, you got to remember. And I use examples of other players that were stellar. I use examples of other receivers that have anything.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Hell, I even use myself at one point to kind of get it through his head and get it through his head early. You know, when you have a team giving up on you with it a special talent like yourself, all right, that door starting to close. And that might not have closed all the way, but it kind of lurts other teams, like, listen, if we can't deal with them, man, y'all can take them as good as you are.
Speaker 2: You know what that means. You know what that means. Now, you're not gonna get too many chances.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna get that much great because there's always somebody else they're willing to deal with that's not gonna bring that kind of problem the spite despite.
Speaker 2: How good you are. So he's been. This is what he's always been on. Oh for sure, this is what he's always been.
Speaker 5: So I'm just glad he can flourish, he can shine, he's playing, he's smiling, he's.
Speaker 2: Still he's still in the NFL. Young boy, he's still that. You know, he didn't lose that.
Speaker 4: That's who he is, and.
Speaker 2: I love it he didn't. I think he didn't lose what make some special.
Speaker 1: I think the worst thing, the worst thing that happened to him is that he went to Pittsburgh who has a history of receivers.
Speaker 4: Behaving in this manner. Go back and look at it.
Speaker 1: We don't have to call any names, but you go back and look at the Steelers history, at the wide receiver position. There's a reason why most of them don't get second contracts if you really look at it, if you really think about it, Old Joe, only one has really gotten a second contract.
Speaker 4: That's Hines Ward Ab got a second contract.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, but they let plaques go San Antonio Holmes.
Speaker 1: They let Mike what's the fast Mike Wallace, Mike Wallace, Mike, Emanuel Sanders and Manuel was a picture. But you know, they just had too many. They had too many guys. They had to make a decision. Number game, numbers game, number game, some guys. But I was like, damn, what is it in Pittsburgh that y'all back? But he's figured it out. I'm glad you had a conversation with him. I'm glad he realized, like, Bro, you can see your grandkids, grandkids up for the rest of their.
Speaker 2: Life and then you're good and you straight, and.
Speaker 5: That's what he's Hey, this is exactly what it's gonna be too. Now I can't wait to the off season. Oh yeah, I can't wait to the off season.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I know Cowboys fans. I know Cowboys fans are loving Pick. I know they're loving what he's doing, what he's doing there. But when when I think about it, I would love for him to go to go to another team, no disrespect Cowboys fan. To go to another team to get as much as he possibly can, as much as he's possibly can to a quarterback, to a team that is efficient offensively, that can also get in the ball where he.
Speaker 2: Can be the number one and be on his own team, where.
Speaker 5: He can get ten eleven targets a game. They can put him in positions to make that.
Speaker 4: Now he got eleven tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But look, oh yo, listen, we gotta be fair. Pick Pick is what he is. He's a phenomenal talent. But the Raiders are trash.
Speaker 2: Hey you back, go out there, you back, go out there and get five for forty Oh yoke.
Speaker 5: Hey, five for forty five for forty Stay with me real quick, you throw me five, You throw me five NFL balls on right now with the way I'm in shape, and now if they put me, if you put me in positions to be able to manipulate the defense.
Speaker 2: I might have my one one sixty O.
Speaker 1: Yo, they're gonna put you, gonna catch one pass and your hamstring's gonna give out me.
Speaker 4: Yep, you think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in shape, Robbie running.
Speaker 1: You'll run like that were lasts We're the last time you had a football over your hand and ran full speed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that. I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 5: I haven't had a football in my hands, but I do have to run sport full speed when I play soccer on the weekends. You know, you know, I play soccer with the Jamaicas weekend. Hey, this ain't no little field. This was the Jamaicans. Have you ever seen Jamaican play soccer?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't play. They don't play.
Speaker 5: It's like being it's like playing football with no past and everybody got damn fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he think about it. I don't mean to be off topic. I don't know you.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you had Jamaican friends. The Jamaicans I play with. It's an entire league. Everybody's Jamaican, the whole stadium, everybody. I can't understand the word they saying it's as if they just got here to the States. What and within the way they talk, they talk.
Speaker 2: So angry and so loud. It seems as if they're arguing, but it's just a regular conversation. They be telling me stuff on the field. I just smile and say, okay, yes, I don't understand nothing you say.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Oh Joe, Ceedee Lamb and George Picking spit the opening series on the bench coach's decision, reportedly for violating teen rules.
Speaker 4: I just don't get these guys. I don't. I don't. And like I said, it's this new way now. I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess coaches and things that you're just gonna have to accept. Players are gonna be late, players are gonna blow out things we're gonna talk about. I'm Dual Carter sleeping through a walkthrough.
Speaker 2: IM.
Speaker 1: I'm just at a loss, Oh Joe, I'm just at a loss. I really am, Ojo, I really am. I don't really think it's asking too much at your job.
Speaker 2: To be on time.
Speaker 1: Hey, I mean, yo, your boss, you're supposed to clock in at eight o'clock, eight o'clock, eight thirty, nine o'clock. You're like, nah, I think I'll come at ten today, right, or oh, you know, we're supposed to have a big meet and I just sleep through.
Speaker 2: I'm just like I said.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just me.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm just old school and I'm asking a bit too much of the players to be pros.
Speaker 4: Not only and your occupation, but how you go about your business.
Speaker 2: Yes, they chat.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just I'm just old school. Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm wrong, man, you know, you know, I'm not sure. I'm not sure what it is.
Speaker 5: Because obviously with the with the nflp asks for the CBA, they don't practice as much.
Speaker 2: I think they get more rest. I mean, so there really is no.
Speaker 5: Excuse, so we would we would have to actually ask the players what's the issue, what's the problem? Yeah, there have been many obviously, in the last two weeks, there have been many situations. There have been many incidents with players being late, and most of the time some of this stuff has swept under the rug. It's swept under the rug, and they disciplined them behind closed doors and are still allow them to play. But now coaches are standing firm, you know, or their decisions and stuff that is supposed to be in house is being leaked out.
Speaker 1: Well, when you saw your two starting receivers in the first series, they're not on the field and they're healthy. Now, if they're street closed, that's one thing standing on the sideline. Oh Joeys shoulder pads on, and neither one in the game. You know something's up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, it could have been part of the game plan exactly.
Speaker 1: So so I'm like okay, and everybody's like, well, it's crazy that you're two star receivers.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: There's a disciplinary problem because if they were not healthy enough, they wouldn't even be.
Speaker 2: In uniform, which did probably late to a.
Speaker 4: Meeting, late to a meeting or something. Yeah, yeah, fight something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just, like I said, I don't that's just me. I just think the thing is is that I got one job. It's not like I have a whole bunch of jobs going on and things like that. All I got to do hol on, y'all gonna pay me millions. I mean, we didn't make what they're making now, oh Jo clearly, but still that was good money. Yeah, And just to be I'm just I've just always been a stickler, even now when you know we got to shoot the dude for club shay shape to guess say they're gonna be there, I'm gonna be there like fifteen minutes earlier and fifteen minutes early, and to make sure I have done, gotten made up and everything like that. I just I just my Grandma's like, boy, don't beat a cow tape. That's just that's yes, just me, that's just wait. Don't be the what, don't be the cowntail. Don't be the last one. You know, the count tail is the last thing to come in. I like that, come into the bar. So I just, uh, that's just the way I am. During the game, Dan's tweeted, George Pickens, I want you to understand that whenever it's time to negotiate your new contract, your legacy will be more worth more than being the high paid receiver if you stayed in Dallas.
Speaker 4: There's a lot more to the thought process. But think about it.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dance, I love you, but you know how Jerry is when it comes to paying a player his true value. George Pickins has one time to maximize. He has one time to maximize everything he can get. It's not gonna come from Jerry Cowboy's pans. I love you to death. I know you're excited about George Pickins and what he can do for you and your team, not just now what he's doing, but for the foresee of the future. But Picktts is behind the eight ball when it comes to getting paid. All his counterparts have gotten paid already then have got a new contract all his counterparts.
Speaker 3: Didn't he come in?
Speaker 4: Hold on, didn't he come in with Chase?
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, I might don't. Don't I think he came in with Chase. There's gotta be his fourth theory, isn't it.
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 2: Or no, is his fourth?
Speaker 4: Okay, No, he came in a year after this is his fourth season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it's time.
Speaker 4: But oho, it's time.
Speaker 1: And yes, I'm not gonna say I'm gonna I can't see because two things. I'm a firm believer, but two things can be true. Yes, I just remember when Davis got his contract, that is with the highest paid player.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He didn't take land.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 4: He wasn't worried about his legacy.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: That's what the high fad. Don't look it up, chat, y'all know what I'm talking about. It's gonna be interesting to see because two things can be true. Dan's like, okay, his legacy, But if pick gonna be one of these guys that we talk about like we do Random Mouse, like we do Jared Rights, like we do Fitzgerald, like we do Calvin Johnson, And.
Speaker 2: Listen the way he's playing right now, he possibly could. He possibly could.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know one thing.
Speaker 2: Forget the conversation pieces. Those are cute.
Speaker 5: The legacy, Yeah, that's Q two, But you can't eat with that, take no bills with that. It's it's great when you're in the barber shop and we talk about you know, we're talking football with the fellas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine and dandy.
Speaker 5: It's a good thing. It's a great conversation piece. Yeah, but that legacy, haven't making sure?
Speaker 4: What's your legacy?
Speaker 2: O Joe?
Speaker 4: Your last name?
Speaker 2: What you also?
Speaker 1: Your last name Johnson? You got seven others last name Johnson. Your legacy is what the hell you do for them and how you leave them situated after you long gone.
Speaker 4: NFL legacy.
Speaker 1: My kids can't eat that, they can't go to private school, on that, they can't go to college, on what I do, what I did in the NFL. Hell, come on, my legacy is what I've done for the name on the back, Shannon Sharp. Yes, I played my ass off for the Broncos. That's how they compensated me handsomely. I played my ass off for the Ravens. They compensated me handsomely. But my last name. I got people that's depending on me, and I need to put them in a better situation than what my parents and grandparents can put me in.
Speaker 4: That is my legacy.
Speaker 5: Hey, it ain't even Sunday boy, but you preach, you hear me well, and you spend that hot fire.
Speaker 2: He Hey, give me, give me one, give me one more verse, No, give.
Speaker 1: And the legacy, that's what I want my legacy to be. Yes, I want my legacy to be How did Shannon shop? What did Shannon Sharp do for his family? How did he leave them situated? Shannon Sharp has been gone.
Speaker 2: Twenty five years? Forty years?
Speaker 4: Man, in thirty five years, the ain't nobody gonna be talking about who man?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You remember three for the Cowboys? Nah, they gonna remember George Picking's kids, the grandkids and great grandkids, like they do the Rockefellers, like they do the Kennedys.
Speaker 2: Now that's the legacy. That's a legacy. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: The fact, the fact of the vision and leaving the legacy, and it's all being situated and surrounded by the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I love to look. I want I want the man to do. I want everybody to get That's why I try. I tell the players, look, be on your best behavior, don't give him any money back.
Speaker 4: Get all the money you.
Speaker 1: Can, because there's a likelihood everybody ain't gonna be like Tom Brady can make just as much money and retirement as they did when they were playing. Tom making thirty. Everybody ain't gonna be Tony Romo making nineteen. Everybody gonna beat Troy Aitman. So the money that you make in that period, that finite period of time, that's what's gonna have to sustain you for the rest of perpetuity, for the rest of your life, the rest of your kids life, your kids kids life.
Speaker 4: That's my legacy. That's what I want my legacy to be.
Speaker 1: Fine if everybody like because a lot of people like, hey, shut in Shark, you talk about the guy in podcast.
Speaker 2: He played football a damn club shake club Sha Shane shining Shark. Huh mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I got grandkids and ain't gonna have great grandkids. My legacy is that I left them in a position better that I was left in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So at some point in time, Oh Joe, we we did what we did so we could stop. I didn't want my kids to grow up like how I grew up. I'm sure my mom didn't want me to grow up like she grew up. Got some of it, not all of it, but I got somebody need to have to pick cot. That's my legacy, Dans. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I just remember when you got your money, you got all of it. Yeah, and for a team million use the highest paid. You didn't say you know what, Jerry, Hey Jay, break me a you know what. If I'm not mistaken, it was five years, it was four years, five years, seventy mail my thirty something guarantee that I don't really count your pockets.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying you didn't say you know what.
Speaker 1: I want to stay in Dallas really really bad, because my legacy means more in Dallas than it would somewhere else. You say, Yeah, give me every dime that I've earned, not that I deserve that I've earned.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, people like you don't get what you earn. You don't get what you deserve. You get what you earned. Yeah, Hen and Daz earned that contract.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Remember Deaves was got that Dad's sixteen touchdown. Den was housing it. Den was taking shall across this piece of folks out out fifty to fifty ball was ninety.
Speaker 2: Ten deads every time. The real deal. Hey, and listen, don't let him hit the end zone because you know he know he gonna hit you with. Yes, yeah, a real deal.
Speaker 5: But but listen, is just based on Jerry Jones, based on the way he's handled other players that were at whatever elead at their position, especially when they came the time to pay him, and drawing things out wait until the very last minute, having issues, making it a circus, not taking care of the player, not putting the player first, but having his own agenda and way of doing things. I just don't I meet personally. I don't want that for pickings. He's done enough, he showed in true value. Now there's a team that's not gonna play games, that's not going to make a circus that's not going to make them make a mistraining camp or make them hold out that are going to give him the true value and what he can do on the.
Speaker 2: Field, and it should it should be superior.
Speaker 5: Top number one money, and I just don't think he can get that at the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like Joe.
Speaker 1: If the numbers are closed, let's just say the Cowboys say we got thirty two million for you and another team got thirty four million. I will stay with Dallas because guess what, I'm gonna save it in state tax. Ain't no state tax. Yeah, going somewhere else. Let's just say you have to go now if the other team I go to Las Vegas Raiders. Now the question is Ocho the question? And we see this with Miles Garrett got paid having an unbelievable season, but he losing. How well can you do because you see we see a lot of guys that's losing, Oyo making a lot of money. They ain't happy. Yeah, boy, it's sucks going out there in the cold, yeah, like and getting your eyes beat. Then you have to check is a nice one they hit direct deposit. But as a competitor, you do what you do in order to give yourself a chance to win. And it sucks knowing that I go out there. You know what, man, I ain't really got no chance to leave, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't. I know it was a hypothetical. I don't even like them numbers you called out as an example.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just I'm just saying, I just I just threw out a number. Yeah, I'll look the way the way it is now, it's gonna be, it's gonna be. It's probably gonna be North for thirty five.
Speaker 4: Million, because.
Speaker 1: Who was it, Jettis that deal two years ago? So we're gonna be three years coming in. No, we can't look and I get it. I don't want to hear what this is an outlined contract because they did this for the longest time with defensive players, Whening, Dominican, Sue signed his number, his big contract. They're talking about this was an outlier. I don't know nothing about no outlier. I don't know about no pup flyers. I don't know nothing about no outlier. I know you a damn liar. If you think I would take this bull jive contract, that's what I would tell them. So but so Ojoe here's the cowboys remaining schedule. They got the Eagles on Sunday, they got the Chiefs on Thanksgiving, and they're at the Lions. They got the Vikings at home, Chargers at home on the road. That the Commanders on the road against the Giants. So the next four, the next game, Eagles, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings, Chargers. That's the next five. And the best part about it, O Joe, Yes, sorry for the fire at home.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's that's a great thing. But the bad thing about it is, now the Cowboys look good today, huh.
Speaker 2: But they weren't. They weren't playing a competent team.
Speaker 5: They weren't playing a common team that's good on offense or comedy team that's good on defense.
Speaker 2: Right, most of the teams on that schedule on one side of the ball, they're really, really, really good. They're really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So they gonna have they they gonna listen, they're gonna have it. They're gonna have it. They're gonna have some fits. They're gonna have some fits. Now offense, this.
Speaker 1: Game, this game Sunday, is gonna tell us a lot. He gonna tell us a lot because you know, the Eagles, the eagle. A how that they got Jalen Phillips and you got other people on the office that defensive line to worry about. You got you got Davis, and you got Carter, and you gotta think hunt. I think ninety seid what's the ninety seven for the eagle?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 1: They got him on the other side on your They got people you gotta worry about.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be here.
Speaker 1: So it's because probably what's gonna happen. Mitchell would take pick Degene because what you call them lines up mainland the slot CD. He'll probably deal with CD. That's probably that's how they kind of played it last time, right or Joe Mo that's ninety something of the eagles. They got another dude that was uh is it ninety six? That was back down passes last night? Oh okay, but uh but they Hey, they're gonna get some work. And the lions. Now here's the thing. You get the lions in that building, they get them on turf, you get them in in the closed environment, a controlled environment.
Speaker 4: O Joe. The temperature is seventy two degrees. Yeah, the footing is solid.
Speaker 2: And then listen, there's a good chance they won't look the way they did against them, goddamn Eagles.
Speaker 1: No, no, absolutely not, absolutely not. I do not expect them to look like they did against the Eagles. So right now, the National Football Conference, here are the seven teams if the playoffs were to end the day that would be in the playoffs. The Eagles would be the number one overall seed, followed by the Rams, the Bears, the Bucks, the Seahawks, the Packers, the forty nine Ers, Detroit Carolina Cowboys, and Minnesota would be on the outside looking in. But there's seven games left to play and guess what. Now, you play your way into the playoffs. This is where you play your way into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Jamar Chase, we had this conversation last night. Jamar Chase was suspended one game. The one game suspension will cost him over half a million dollars four hundred forty eight three hundred and thirty three dollars in a game check and fifty eight eight to twenty four in an active roster bonus. Chase plans to appeal and argue this one game suspension, claiming that if it was going to spin on Jalen Ramsey he would have spit in his face and not on the man jersey the ground. Oh Joe, Oh Joe, that's not come on, I mean, come on, Chase.
Speaker 2: He didn't even talk to the media.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: That's what in Rappaport said, is that he said if he was going to spit on Jalen Ramsey, he would have spinned in his face and not on the jersey.
Speaker 4: Of the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think he said that because he declined to talk to the media.
Speaker 5: He declined to talk to everybody today obviously, you know, once you get out of watching film on Monday's he declined to.
Speaker 4: I guess his team put that out. But anyway, Uh, I don't know how. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But first of all, you said you didn't spit, So whether you was spitting on the ground or you would have did X, Y and Z, you said you didn't spit. That's what you said. You said that after the game. Now all that, Oh Joe, you know they shoot everything, man, you know they shoot everything. Ok, and you could actually see it, Yeah, yeah, you could. You could see pimbles on the booty.
Speaker 2: From the moon. That's how good the cameras are. Oh cho, yeah, yeah, absolutely Chase appeal it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I just think you should, you know, call Ram and say, bro, I'm sorry, my mootion's got the best of me, and leave, and and and and because this one incident, this is not you.
Speaker 4: I don't believe this is you.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that we're actually having not having this conversation and you're the topic of the conversation because you're ensnared in this. I wouldn't believed it. If you, you would have been the very last person they said, a receiver. I probably there are some other names I might have would have went to, but I wouldn't have been I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't. I wouldn't have put that. I wouldn't have put that on you.
Speaker 1: So I hope, I hope that's what I Rappaport said, he said, his team said, or he said, I don't believe it. I'm gonna I'm gonna say, let's just say, but for the sake of but you did spit on him, Whether you would have what you would have done, You spit on the man, and UH, it's gonna cost you, but you'll learn from it.
Speaker 4: I don't believe this is the type of person that you are.
Speaker 1: We've all done things that we're not the It's not our finest moment, and don't I don't think this moment should define Jamar Chase. They're gonna be There're gonna be a lot of other moments that we can look back and define Jamar Chase with This is not gonna be your defining moment. But the best, the best apology with your is change behavior. Don't let something like this happen again, and we're gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about it, when we talk about Jane, when we talk about change behavior from the players, I'm not just speaking on Jamar Chase in general. The change behavior most of the time.
Speaker 5: You know, he gonna make you forget about it on the field, Yes, gonna make you forget about it on the field.
Speaker 2: And we never had problems out of Chase off the field anyway.
Speaker 4: No, you don't have a problem from it.
Speaker 5: So when when you when you think about hypothetical, if this scenario or this situation never happened, and he just thought of some players that that that would come from, it wouldn't come from him because he's one who causes no problems.
Speaker 2: The problem because is on the field Bucker's Hell, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's why. That's why I struggle. That's why you struggle because you know him better than I do. And there was never any indication he's so laid back. He's so much if you watch it when it does an interview, he's sitting back.
Speaker 2: He chilled, He's sitting back like this here all the time. Yeah, So he and a.
Speaker 1: Little bit that I've been around him. I've been around him a couple of times during the autograph signing. I saw him at the Super Bowl. He's a chill guy. He's not one of these high strung guys that you know best liable to go off. He's really mild mannered. So that's why it's so surprising. But you know, look, like I said, you know, this season was supposed to be different. They missed the playoffs last year. He had the Triple Crown. He's the first triple Crown, said, my brother to win that and not make the playoffs. My brother won the Triple Crowd in ninety two. They didn't make the playoffs. Yeah, he won the Triple Crowd in twenty four. They didn't sold almost thirty almost well over thirty years. So it doesn't happen often because there's not a whole lot of people that win the Triple Crown. It's hard, so you gotta have you gotta have the most catches, yards and touchdowns versus everybody, not just the NFC, but the AFC as well. Sometimes you can have yards, sometimes you can have catches, and then somebody nips you with touchdowns.
Speaker 4: He had both.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like winning the Triple Crown in baseball. Yeah yeah, you could have a three eighty batan average, but you got forty home runs and somebody got fifty or somebody drives in one hundred and thirty five. That's why it doesn't happen that often. Mickey Cabaro was the last one, and then you gotta go all the way back to Yazz.
Speaker 2: Call you scrimsky okay, okay, yeah, and they say who okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so or the same thing in horse racing, you know, ay you might win that first two with that mile and a half at the bailmarks.
Speaker 2: That's that's hell boy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you notice not.
Speaker 1: A lot of horses just like, hey, forget it, then you stay they like, I don't even worry about it. We win to Kentucky Derby. We'll skip the Preakness. We'll see you at the Belmont, right. I mean, it was such a long time. And then, I mean, because everybody thought it was easy. You get Secretary in seventy three, and then you get Seattle Salu in a firm and back to back year seventy seven, seventy eight, and then it's like, well, it's it's too hard, it's too hard, it's too hard. And then you get American fayroh do it, and then you come back with justified Bob Baffort two horses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard, it's hard.
Speaker 1: You probably had more Triple Crown winners in baseball than you have horse racing.
Speaker 2: M but uh, and that's that's difficult.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And you been to the Kentucky Derby before.
Speaker 1: I beeno, we got a it's all of it's all about the hat. Yes, for a man and a woman, it's all about I've seen women come with some hat and be barefooted, be bare barefooted. Yeah, yeah, I'm talking because normally, I don't know, for some reason, it normally rains. Yeah, but the lady have these hats. I mean one lady had a hat. I mean this this hat was way out here like this here.
Speaker 2: You know, your boy, we had the hand of here. He was at the sharp U huh you a sharp.
Speaker 1: If a fly little if a fly would the landed you try to cut his throat? Do you see you messing me up? You're messing up the ensemble. Yeah, I'm a clean ojo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I haven't been there a few times obviously. When I was in Cincinnati, is right, it is right down the street right.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, Hell, I flew into Cincinnati and drove over down Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the street man, it's a great event. I only did it one time. You know, I'm I'm not in that kind of That's that's where I met. I met.
Speaker 1: I met Bob Bafford, him and his son at the time. I met a rest his soul. I think d Wayne Lucas. Uh, I met a couple of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy, It's grazy. It's awesome sports.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, Joe, because it was. It's on my bucket list. You know, I've been to a World Series Obbicer, I've been to a Super Bowl. Uh, the Kentucky Derby. I want to do Daytona five hundred. I went to I want to do webbled up.
Speaker 5: Do me, do me, do me a favor, to give yourself some justice. So you can understand the experience when you go to the Daytona five hundred.
Speaker 2: Do not let them put you in a suite. You need to sit in the stand so you can get.
Speaker 4: The ride that track.
Speaker 5: Yes, you've got to be able to experience it. You got to feel those cars coming around. You know, the energy, the aura, the stands, you got the man, it's.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, man, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's something about when you feel when you feel eight hundred horsepower, it's forty two of those cars and they going one hundred and eighty, one hundred and ninety miles an hour, and they're this close, they're this close, and those cars are damn near upside down.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Unbelievable. Hey boy, hey hey, would they be a they bump draft.
Speaker 1: That's a rested soulda terminator Dale Earnhardt boom boom sling.
Speaker 2: Shot down in the back.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Man, I got to see that. When I got to see that, I want to see where amen. Because I went to see I saw the US Open, I saw Serena. Uh, she just got married to Uh a couple of years ago to David Lee. She Uh the Dane, the tennis player. She married David Leader, basketball player. I saw her and Serena play a semifinal at the US Open on a Saturday night.
Speaker 2: What's her name, Naki? Yep, she married David Lee.
Speaker 1: I think they got a couple of kids, because I saw them in I just saw them in Vegas maybe for the Super Bowl. Uh, David Lee, Michael Phelps and his wife and it was David Lee and Wolves in Nyaki.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: But man, oh Joe, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 5: Look at your boy, Hey boy, you clean?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I see you, Okay, you clean? Look I pulled out. I was in the hurry all right. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: It's April, oh Joe. We might have to jump down there. Clubs, I mean a night camp. Might have to go on the road at the Derby.
Speaker 2: Hey, you listen, not get my hat ready right now? Don't don't.
Speaker 5: Hey, can you know when it when it comes to putting putting them things on, and I put that, I put that, I put that, you know what on that?
Speaker 2: I'm ready? Yeah.
Speaker 4: We we better have to go and do a little something, do something.
Speaker 2: Speaking to speaking horses in Kentucky Derby. My daughter, My daughter chat. She plays tennis. She's phenomenal.
Speaker 5: She's yeah, phenomenal, and she loves horses. I love she said, I'm gonna blame my mama. I'm gonna blame my mama. We went riding horses this past weekend, a weekend before last. She asked me all about types of horses and telling me about saddles, and I'm like, man.
Speaker 2: What in the world you learn all that stuff? Man'sd about? She's really into it. So I'm like, okay, okay, cool, okay, being in your pockets too, hey listen. So as soon as we finished riding, you know, the first thing Christmas coming up. So the first thing I do, I'm aving.
Speaker 5: Talking to the lady we on the trail were riding, asked the train, I say, you know what horses run?
Speaker 2: How much they cost? Okay, one thousand and fifteen hundred some simple bed?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: You know I ain't getting I ain't getting nothing too expensive? Now, you know, she she's young. Now, So I'm like, okay, what about boarding? What about feeding? They have places? Do they have places out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's where you spending the money, you know.
Speaker 5: They have bored It's like, yeah, that's horse, there's boreding. So I asked her, I say, well, listen, I'm leaving information and you know, send it to me and the numbers and what it costs.
Speaker 2: A weekly, monthly and for the year.
Speaker 5: And I'm thinking about, you know, getting my daught I'm thinking about geting a passio. I don't want none too big, I want some a little smaller. The rider's smooth and a pasta fino would be perfect for her. Yeah, I'm just curious. I'm kind of excited. I'm kind of excited for her because she loved them so much, and I think that would be one of the best rest surprises for one of one of my eighty five on Christmas morning.
Speaker 1: The thing, Joe, is that, yeah, you get a horse for a decent price. You probably spend fifteen hundred maybe five thousand dollars what you.
Speaker 2: Got to put into it completely different and eat it. Yes, yeah, but see.
Speaker 5: And to also you had to understand where I live in Miami out that way, you know, because I'm further out up north in west a little bit.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing out there but horses and stables, that's it. And when you think Miami, you think South Beats, you know, all the nice stuff. But I'm out there. I don't even know what you want to call it. You know, you go to Walmart, you.
Speaker 5: Go to Target, and when you're driving, it's people riding horses up and down the street like we in God Damn Texas.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, that's I'm serious. That's how far out I am from everybody?
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, Joe Mary kay Cabot when she reports all things Browns, Ye listen. George Sanders is expected to start Sunday in the game against the Las Vegas Raiders with Dylan Gabriel in concussion protocol. Barring something unexpected, Sanders will make his starting debut, becoming the forty second different quarterback to start for the Browns since nineteen ninety nine. Kevin Stefanski was asked today if he changed anything how reps were divided up among quarterbacks. Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Would you have changed anything about the approach about how you divide it up the first team reps from training camp to now? Yeah, I understand the question. Cam.
Speaker 6: I think it's important that you do what you think is right for a football team. The development of our players is constant. It doesn't happen just in one drill or in one practice or one meeting. So we trust our guys, we trust our backup players to be ready to go.
Speaker 4: And should Door is ready to go.
Speaker 6: Obviously, I know he wants to play better, I want to coach better, all those type of things.
Speaker 2: But that just comes.
Speaker 4: That'll come through work. That's where it will come.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like what he says said. I like what he just said. He contradicted himself a little bit.
Speaker 5: The key word that he just said develop develop. The only ways to develop is to get the reps. Yes, just in case you need to be you need to develop in just in case scenarios with those you're going to play with on Sundays.
Speaker 2: That's how you develop.
Speaker 5: If you have a if you've got to offer the period, you got seven oh seven, you got twenty plays, five of the plays have to go for.
Speaker 2: Number two, just in case.
Speaker 5: If you got team period and you got another twenty plays, the fifteen plays, five of those plays, maybe that's a little bit much.
Speaker 2: If you got fifteen at least three, yeah.
Speaker 4: Ten to twelve everywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying some people might have had that, but we never went more than twelve plays a period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some some maybe the last goal line was goal line.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that many. You probably had about four or five plays on gold line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but those those situations towards the end of towards the end of the plays on that in that period, they need to go, you know, to your backup quarterback. You know, that's how you develop, That's how you make sure you ready just in case something happens until your number one quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's what they didn't do.
Speaker 5: And a lot of people, you know, making fun of Oh sure he said he'll be ready, or he said he could play.
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't care who you are. If you don't get reps with the number ones. It's not like a plug and play and all of a sudden you go out there and you're gonna change things. They already need help.
Speaker 5: They already need help as it is offensively, you know, and service. So the thing he could have come in there and be all world without actually practicing with the ones.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, it's the NFL. Man, come on, stop that.
Speaker 4: I think the thing is.
Speaker 1: Look, I've heard a lot of people say, well, look I've only been to two places and the backup got reps. Especially because here I was in Baltimore. Trent Differ was our backup. Trent Differ was the number four pick in the draft, right, and guess what he got reps? Backing up Tony Banks. Tony was the starter. He Another example, my next year, Elvis Girl back was the starter. Randall cunning had was the backup. Randall got reps. Randall had been a starter with the Eagles, been to the Pro Bowl, went to the Pro Bowl with the Minnesota He got reps. So we got two veteran guys. That's taking reps, right, But this you know, you're not gonna give this guy any reps, and then you expect it. And then somebody said, Tom Moore said, Peyton Manning took all the reps. Ain't nobody getting no reps. When Peyton Manning got hurt and nobody had taken no reps, asked Tom Moore, what happened to the whole staff.
Speaker 2: From the general manager down got fired? You know why? Because the guy had taken no reps. Right, it wasn't ready, and.
Speaker 1: It wasn't ready, and everybody got fired. Yeah, and guess what happened.
Speaker 2: To fancy.
Speaker 5: Don't got to worry about that because the person who wants to do the firing came out publicly and said, this is my pick.
Speaker 2: This is not who I wanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: True. So for me, I just like I said, I'm not saying, Look, I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: You get a guy, he's a backup, and you got a rookie quarterback. But it's hard for me to see a scenario because I always thought it was funny because they say, well, he's not he's not even running the scout team.
Speaker 2: What's the guy?
Speaker 1: Bailey Zappi? He came from somewhere else and was getting me and got jumped in over your door. I said, so what we supposed to what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 4: From that?
Speaker 2: It's just hard.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't imagine it would be hard for me to go into a game in which I took no reps and I'm out there with Ed and Rod and John and TD. And it was hard enough being a young player and you getting a couple of reps. Everything is happening so fast. You gotta remember, Okay, I got this route now, but if this guy comes, I'm hot. But no, it's this protection. So instead of taking one, it's gonna take two because the back's gonna stay in and take one. So if the other guy comes now I'm hot. You gotta remember all that. But I gotta get in and out of his break too, cause John ain't got all day. This ain't seven o seven now, and they can't below no whistle, the whistle when he picked his an off off the ground.
Speaker 5: You know the one thing I hate to which is very hard for a rookie. Not only are you not getting reps in practice, forget that part. Practice is slow. Yeah, for sure, practice is slow.
Speaker 2: When you get into the game and everything speeds up.
Speaker 5: Everything, it's crazy. It's crazy, and it could be. Oh, it can almost be shocking to you when you get in there with the number ones. This ain't the goddamn preseason, I'm for you. It's the best of the best, the best that they had to give you. And when you don't have those repords with those reps or the officer line likes like one of the linemen came out and said, I wasn't wasn't used to us cadence.
Speaker 2: It is different.
Speaker 4: That's very important to an offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: Though, Garry So, I mean, listen, if I saw the reports, I think Shoudor would be starting this week. So he has a week under his belt to get himself ready, to get himself prepared. And now the offense could be predicated and the play call and could be predicated.
Speaker 2: To his strengths and what he does.
Speaker 5: Well, uh, knowing him what the type of player is, I think they're gonna throw the ball much more and and lean on brother brother Jenkins too, you know, to run the ball when when they need to.
Speaker 2: And when they want to.
Speaker 5: Judkins, Yeah, Junkins, Junkin. I'm sorry, I'm sorry what I said, Jenkins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my bad, Juggins. I think the thing is Ojoe that he will push the ball down the field. That's how you get you produce points. You like, you got to push the ball down the field. Because I'm not saying just arbitrary, just throw them all up and just hope. But I'm saying they're they're they're they normally called something to the flat, something something made and something deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh Yoe.
Speaker 1: Also, Saduur house was broken into last night during last night's game. According to Mortal reports, it's unclear if anything was stolen during the break in, and the suspects haven't been identified, but it marked the latest instant instance of athletes homes getting burglarized while they're playing or what. You know, they know when basketball players are not going to be home. They know, hey, man, that's your do house. Man, he played the game, he ain't home. I mean, it'd be tough for your having that, having the type of you know, you come in the game, you're excited, you don't play as well as your hope, and then you get home and it's the ultimate violation.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've ever had your house broken into, but I had mind broken into.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you told me they stole some stuff that yeah, watches.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of sentiment because the thing was, it was like it had a lot of sentimental value. O y'all because the watches that I had is that they were meticulous. I had to wait a year, had to wait three years. I had to wait four years before I was able to save up and get the watch. So it meant a little bit more to me than the watches I was able to get to replace them. Uh my eighty four chain that my brother gave me, Yes, sir, I had a medallion with uh all my kids name on it a dog tag, so it was one big k and then all the kids name they got that uh my cuff links. So it's a it's a it's an ultimate, but it's uh, it's you feel betrayed, you like, that's one of the That's one of the reasons when I wanted to move also because I was like, man, I can't because that never happened.
Speaker 4: But it never happened.
Speaker 1: I remember the times I would, you know, I would walk the dogs and I would leave the door a lock, and just this one time, I was going for about an hour and come back in an hour.
Speaker 4: That's it. I was going for about an hour.
Speaker 3: God damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you see you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what? You know why I think nobody has ever ever robbed me? I can I tell you why? What if I always preached about since I've been in the leagues in two thousand and one and nothing and nothing. I'm wearing what, yeah, earrings, chains? Why? Nothing? Ain't nothing that real? So what you're coming to my house? Fum mad as hell?
Speaker 5: You know that's something I've always always prets, you know, over and over and over and you know now now it's a little different. Now it's a little different because you know, I was able to set aside enough to now I can treat myself, I can enjoy myself and and you know, and you know, get a little get a little bit out of character when it comes to the fruits of my labor and enjoy it a little bit more.
Speaker 2: But I never had any issues like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. I mean I've heard of people like it happened.
Speaker 1: You know, like, man, they say, Shanny, you just feel so violated the freedom and the independence that you felt that you thought you had. It's it's never gonna be the same, and it's not. You know, you become very very very skeptical. Uh, and you know you just don't want to trust God.
Speaker 2: Damn. Yeah, think about that. What you were going for an hour?
Speaker 4: I was going for an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it had to be somebody, you know, man, God leave man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the thing is baby, they were look, they were just I don't know, but that was that was the hardest part.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: It's just like the stuff that they stole. Man.
Speaker 1: I had worked so hard, I mean from ninety from I think my brother gave me my first Rolex when I graduated college. Uh, so I started getting Rolexes, the one that old boy gave back to me when I went back in and said partly, let me get that right there.
Speaker 4: I had to trade that in on something else. Yeah, that right there.
Speaker 2: You had a Rolex in college.
Speaker 1: Once I graduated, God damns I graduate. Once I graduated college, my brother bought me, got me a Rolex. I'll never forget Oyster Flex band, two tone, stainless steel and gold.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's live bad, you know man, it's it's uh. You ever had one of these? What's that? What is a Cassio nineteen eighty three? Noya? I had?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: They used to have the digital you remember you?
Speaker 5: What do you?
Speaker 2: Were? You old enough to We watched what they had the digital watch craze. Yeah, when you squeeze, you squeeze it at it light up? Yes? Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's so funny. It's so funny. I got I still got my old gold, my gold, my gold Cassio. I got calculated to watch. I got this, uh this nineteen eighty three Cassio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what else?
Speaker 5: I got one more Casio watch that's all black. I'm talking about classic back in the days. You know when you when you go to school and you have.
Speaker 2: Math class and yeah, test you be able to use you be able to use it to cheeta?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know exactly what you're talking about. Uh, they got that. I had a an a P of Lebron. They did a Lebron did an a P the leather scrap it was gray six hundred.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget walked in. I mean I had to go through jump through hula hoops.
Speaker 1: I feel like, uh to get that watch from the API because I didn't have a I didn't have a purchasing history. You know, everybody wants you to have a purchasing history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate I hate that.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, I hate that with uh Richard Milly Richard meeting, don't you gotta haves forget.
Speaker 1: Charon apjor Hey, I'm like, sir, excuse me, yeah, huh sir, Come on, man.
Speaker 2: Same thing with Maz. You ain't Finn just walking up the street and get no bad.
Speaker 5: See the thing with Maz already had a purchase history. So with them, I get I'm able to.
Speaker 2: Really, you don't say oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got a purchase history with a mass way back from like eleven years ago. You know what, y'all don't find chat, y'all, don't find that, y'all don't find that odd? Huh.
Speaker 1: This man got a person in history with pat Tag and m and Odamars Paget and Reshard me the.
Speaker 2: Only onlyard earth man's vacheron.
Speaker 1: You listen, noughted, and I can't get my bread chat, y'all, don't find that a little bit, y'all, don't find that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. I said, I got your money. No no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 4: I need you to put it in my pocket so I can have my money.
Speaker 2: I said, that's that.
Speaker 5: You know what you keep You keep pressing me about this money. And the funny thing about it, I was trying to make it a Christmas gift for you.
Speaker 1: How you gonna make my money on Christmas gift? Ain't no damn gift. You got my money and give me my gift? You give me chat?
Speaker 4: How that man chat?
Speaker 1: Y'all need to make that make sense? This man gonna give me my money. It's say it's a Christmas gift.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that I wanted to feel like a gift because listen, Christmas is all about giving, so that is the perfect time to give you your money back on Christmas.
Speaker 1: Chat, y'all ever had that help in chat? Somebody gave you something that's yours as a gift.
Speaker 5: Hey, let me you know what my grandma always said, anytime you lend money out or you bet money.
Speaker 2: You should, you should, you should. You should be able to have enough to be able to withstand. I ain't got it.
Speaker 4: I did, but there was.
Speaker 2: Some extreinguating circumstances. It took plate.
Speaker 1: I ain't got it no more. I ain't got it like I would have had it. So I need that figured out. Hunterd come and hand it and do something to do something for.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. Even even though so we we've all had our trials and tribulations. We all had up, so we had our downs, we've.
Speaker 5: All had the peaks. We've been to the valley, through the highs and the loads. One thing about God, that God is a good God.
Speaker 2: Huh. Absolutely, and listen and what they take it, he can't replenish. The Funny thing about it is gonna happen when you at least expect it. You can be like, man, what the hell? And this just I'm telling you. Let me tell you how the man work.
Speaker 4: I know how I believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because I'm I'm I'm a living I'm I'm a living witness.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: The only thing else, o Joe, is that he waked me up every day.
Speaker 4: He give me life. I got breath of my lungs.
Speaker 2: You good.
Speaker 1: My grandfather used to always tell my brother and I, he said, if I take you somewhere, I expect you to go, I expect you to be able to get back here.
Speaker 4: I take that same approach. If I made it once, I can make it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Now they say with interest that fifty nine hundred and sixty seven sixty seven what sixty seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Your air American usd well, hold on, but what kind of what you were?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Acting like you? Acting like Trump with the terrorists? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and guess who pay for the tariffs.
Speaker 6: We do?
Speaker 2: I ain't got it.
Speaker 5: I ain't got it six sixty seven hundred. But that yeah, that going in the chest support man French Frankle baby, they have no Christmas me.
Speaker 1: I mean you know my kids. I mean grandkids. They won't, you know, won't cars and iPads.
Speaker 4: And I was like, well, hold on.
Speaker 5: If I pay you sixty seven hundred, how my kids gonna have a Christmas? Hold on, forget that. How I'm gonna have Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: I mean you got me.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to go down to the shelter. I heard they have a good meal down at the shelter. Nobody no good trouble lives sixty seven.
Speaker 2: I got listen.
Speaker 5: I gotta get my kids Christmas gifts. I gotta get my woman. I got to get her, you know, her gifts and what she want, you know, like I got you though.
Speaker 1: Hey, I told you, I say this year a leap year. December twenty fifth. Yeah, yeah, we skip it over. We're going to I'll see you next year. You don't supposed to happen if it's supposed to be February to Twitter night the sim A twenty fifth.
Speaker 4: We're gonna move right on over. I get you next year.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's funny, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Before we move on, let's take a listen to the classic response to doing half of the Browns fan bulling Dylan Gabriel last night.
Speaker 7: Listen, I'm extremely thankful. Well, first, let me say this, when dealing out there, planning and all that, I appreciate the fans, I appreciate everybody, but.
Speaker 2: It don't it don't really.
Speaker 7: I'm a good person overall, So I don't really like I'm not feeling comfortable confident, you know when you get out there, so you know, it puts, it puts everything in a tough spot, you know, when it's not helping the team, you know, So that could be taken that as Okay, I'm being a distraction even though I ain't doing nothing. You know, I'm not doing nothing. But I'm thankful for the support. It's thankful for the fans, thank you for everybody out there, you know, to believe. And yeah, when I got out there, I definitely felt them, and you know, I'm truly thankful for it. And yeah, I'm just thankful that I'm out here, you know, I'm thankful for the opportunity, thankful seeing all them twelve jerseys out there and feels a great feeling.
Speaker 5: That's that's something you can't get out yea. Listen, no matter what you say, that's something that you can't control. Those fans in Cleveland have had to deal with quarterback woles. But who knows how long you know, I'm not sure how many years it's been. And when things aren't going well, they fin the boot. It doesn't matter who you are. They don't care that it makes you uncomfortable. They don't care that that that if you're playing bad, they do not care. They've been going through it for a very long time. They've been going through it longer than you've been alive.
Speaker 2: Sure need to understand that.
Speaker 5: So when a quarterback does come in there, they were expecting, they were expecting something different than what they've always seen year after the year after year after year, and that that just has gonna be. They've been dealing with it for a long time, so you got to understand that and why they're going. You know, they're not going just for what's going on right now. They're going for all the years it ain't been right too.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're right about that, And uh, look a lot of it and I'm sure you know obviously you you buo players, but a lot of this has to do with his dad. A lot of it has to do with the dislike that they have for his dad. And they couldn't do his dad because his dad was so great. So the vitriol that we had towards his dad that we couldn't give to his dad, we're gonna take that out on his kid. And uh but I thought he handled that situation. And like you know, like you said, he can't control what the fans do. Uh yeah, he'll appreciate this love and support that they've given him. But I can't control what you know, grown women, grown men and women, many children, Uh boyn and and and carrying on and saying, So it's tough. It's it's it's it's really, it's it's it's it's a tough position to be in. I don't I it, I don't. I don't enmity young man.
Speaker 2: I don't