Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick Shots screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: How do you see out of these darn things?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: It's two hours and forty minutes away from the path of totality descending upon the star in Frisco. And this is mix Shots. Your solar eclipse pregame show has begun. When when can we take these glasses off to the next break the whole segment sooner? You jest Ahumler and Mickey Spagnola. Who's the one that told us see anything?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: This was Savannah's idea?
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 5: Mickey brought his own special pair sy. I was like, let's just get the cheap ones and Mickey comes in hot with this camathon.
Speaker 3: Care you see anything?
Speaker 4: I can't see a thing everything.
Speaker 2: Can you want to do that? I can tell what you're doing? Savannah?
Speaker 3: Can you see out of yours?
Speaker 2: Do you have? Okay? I think it's time, Good.
Speaker 4: Time it's a good thing, a good job, because for us to do our jobs, we need to see, right, don't want to burn our eyes.
Speaker 3: My I just need a five year old grandson. My five year old grandson. My daughter sent me a picture. Uh, he went to school today. He's so excited about the eclipse. He hasn't taken his eclipse glasses off all.
Speaker 2: Night, so he's been running into everyone.
Speaker 3: So here we are, and it's I saw the sun starting to break through the clouds out there.
Speaker 2: That's good. As I walked in, that's good.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny because when this morning, when I got up about seven point fifteen, and there was just blue sky with some stray clouds that you could see through. Right. The closer I got here, the worse it got.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it's like, well if I have to drive home, but I see it starting to break up a little bit. Okay, So you're so we got a chance.
Speaker 3: You're looking to be in the perfect position to see the Yeah, totally clips.
Speaker 4: Well you know what, if we go across the street in that field, we'll see more than buildings.
Speaker 3: Salary, you have you figured out where the sun is exactly going to be in the sky straight up for this afternoon and here, as a matter of.
Speaker 4: I've got a neighbor that has a telescope and he's rigged his telescope to protect it so he can take pictures right And I think we were talking about twelve thirty quarter to one, and I go, well, where's the sun going to be? And he goes, right where it's at right now.
Speaker 3: So how many people outside the path of totality realize that the solar eclipse is even happening today?
Speaker 4: Oh, I think the whole country knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't get around.
Speaker 7: I didn't even want to come here to work today. I don't mind telling you guys that.
Speaker 3: Ever since texted us the other day said are we having a show?
Speaker 7: Because I thought there was going to be like, you know, we're going to be inundated with people, and you know that means we're going to have to get here much earlier and then trying to get out it was going to be a pain in the butt.
Speaker 2: But thank god, it's not like that. I thought, for sure people are going to be coming up here, which.
Speaker 3: Everything was ready to sell tickets.
Speaker 7: No great idea, by the way, because of course we at the start, I told everybody I said, only build Jones are thinking this crap and.
Speaker 2: To go look at the eclipse.
Speaker 7: Everyone needs to come to the start was a great selling point.
Speaker 3: It would have been.
Speaker 4: Did you notice outside already on the football field?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thought it would be much more.
Speaker 3: I really thought the football field.
Speaker 4: Well, there's speakers and loud speakers.
Speaker 3: And oh I did not notice that. I noticed football players on the football.
Speaker 4: I think Savannah can give us talking a little watch party out here.
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 3: What are the speakers for? Is it going to speak to us?
Speaker 2: Students talk they're listening for.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's someone's up there on everybody.
Speaker 3: Thought there's going to be the voice of God.
Speaker 2: Right something.
Speaker 7: No, Jerry's not talking to them.
Speaker 4: Actually, Gordon on the Ticket had.
Speaker 2: A had a good idea.
Speaker 4: He wanted to go down to Daley Plaza and stand on the X when the clips happens, where Kennedy.
Speaker 2: Got oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, that's not funny.
Speaker 4: No, I know.
Speaker 7: I gotta tell you a quick, quick Gordon story. I used to be on the show with him. Uh first, he was really young and we were interviewing Timerlasorda and sorta was talking about giving up a snuff because all the kids, the guys started getting canceled them out, and so you know he was on this rant. Uh timerless Order was he was serious about it. Look, I gave it up and these guys, you know when I get these guys to give it up too.
Speaker 2: And so we made a film.
Speaker 7: About it, and uh so in the background Gordon goes wow, timless Order doing snuff films.
Speaker 2: Losorda did not think that was funny at all, and he got really pissed off in the interview. Standed soon after.
Speaker 4: That it wasn't lot was lot, it was lots we've seen.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was.
Speaker 7: He was ranting for a good thing and he was on the road and said that it just took all of the air out of his interview.
Speaker 3: I'm sure. I'm sure the Tommy Losorda interview with the media or whatever where he goes on a RNT. It's probably find a bull on YouTube somewhere if you want to look it up. But all right, so we got football to talk about to we do. Okay, So what are we thinking as we embark on this eclipse Monday? And we are now less than three weeks away from Draft Day and there's so much that has happened here in the last week where the Cowboys made a big move signing Tuma.
Speaker 5: I'd like to say, don't break the head sut I'd like to say for those just listening, got up to walk out.
Speaker 3: Of the room.
Speaker 5: I was the first to break the news to Micky sitting at the lunch table. I said, Hey, Mickey, did you hear Tchuma Doga staying in Dallas? And he was like, what what.
Speaker 3: Was it last week or the week before? Mickey?
Speaker 7: Last week he made a comment about his lack of mobility from from.
Speaker 4: Well, here's here's the good part about it.
Speaker 3: What did you say last week?
Speaker 4: I said, I was walk out the building.
Speaker 7: If they know he said that it was like being he was like a traffic cone.
Speaker 4: I said, now that's what the Savannah said.
Speaker 7: It, Si, Savannah didn't know you were so harsh.
Speaker 2: That harsh.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to have Tuma, as he guessed.
Speaker 2: The ship.
Speaker 3: Say we bring him on.
Speaker 2: Basically, not Tony.
Speaker 4: It's insures, right because he signed the veteran exception, so he only counts one point zero nine million against the cat.
Speaker 3: Well, he was signed for insurance last year too.
Speaker 2: And he got starts.
Speaker 4: But he's got to make the team, right, and he had to.
Speaker 3: Make the team last year, and he did and.
Speaker 4: And if he doesn't, it cost him one hundred and fifty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Mickey touch on why Tuma was not kind of on your radar to stick right? What were some of the things that.
Speaker 4: I was thinking that they could be somebody better than him out there for insurance, But they probably couldn't get it any cheaper than they got him. So I think he's insurance against maybe one of these young guys not stepping up to be a back worthy of it. I mean, they need guys to step up to be starters, right, and then they need guys to step up and be back.
Speaker 3: They're in this gray area right now where they aren't sure what their inventory is going to be on the offensive line, because not until the draft happens.
Speaker 2: Will we know.
Speaker 3: Will they know exactly what they have. And I assume what may have happened in this case, they would have waited until after the draft on signing an Adoga or whoever. Maybe Chuma had an offer from another team and they just want to cover themselves, and maybe his agent came to them and say, hey, we got this offer in Atlanta or wherever. What do y'all think? And they may have said, we'll go ahead and been in a veteran minimum is what he was going to be, so just to make sure they have a veteran guy here, not knowing what's going to happen going forward, sort.
Speaker 4: Of what happened on the same level. Would Trent Sigg when they signed their deep snapper. He had interests from other teams and they were like, oh no, we can't lose him since he was so good last year.
Speaker 7: But we were putting Tuma in that category as as what someone that we need for they need, they.
Speaker 2: Need a back It's a depth thing.
Speaker 4: It's just against say Matt will, let's go. Can't step up to be good enough to be the backup.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one.
Speaker 4: See, I was thinking, well, what about Leo Collins? And then Buffalo's sign for as much as six million dollars?
Speaker 2: Is that what it was one year?
Speaker 4: Six point two million dollars.
Speaker 3: Up to so well, and maybe maybe the Cowboys they had every intent to sign a veteran backup tackle whatever, and maybe they were talking to Collins, and then when Collins went for bigger money than to Buffalo, they said, well, we got to get somebody. Let's yeah, let's get Tuma. I mean, one of the big things is there's still there are still veteran tackles out there who can start on the free agent market who are probably waiting until after the draft, and teams are waiting until after the draft to see. And so the big thing from a Cowboys perspective, I think is that when you get to twenty four, don't take a tackle just because you have to take a tackle if he's not the one that you like, if it's the fifth tackle on your board or whatever, because you can, you think, again, get the best defensive tackle or whatever it might be another position of need, and you can go sign Donovan Smith for three million dollars who started for the Chiefs last year at that much.
Speaker 4: And what Bill's saying, and if you these mock drafts, there's a reason they call him mocks right. Very well, by time they get to twenty four, and I've seen it, the Cowboys are taking the sixth tackle in the first round. I want the sixth best one in.
Speaker 3: The first round.
Speaker 4: The I think most obvious inexpensive solution is Tyler Smith goes to left tackle, TJ. Bass plays guard, and you've got to find center, and where we at now and you might be able to find us the second best center.
Speaker 7: You sound like you sound like the Cowboys are thinking another alternative route.
Speaker 4: Well, Mike McCarthy said at the owners meeting that at this point, Tyler Smith's a guard. I want him to be the tackle.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me throw something out, but that 't ask me that, which could be a scenario the Cowboys are looking at late in the first round. There's a tackle from Georgia named Amarius Mimes who started only eight games in his college career. But this guy is six ' eight three and forty pounds. He moves well, it's not a sloppy three hundred forty pounds. I mean, he is put together. But he's started eight games at right tackle, so he's more of a developmental type. However, he might be able to come in and play right away.
Speaker 4: Can he play guard and or I don't know, Remember Tyler Smith was at six eight.
Speaker 3: At six ' eight, it's a little harder to play guard, that's true.
Speaker 4: So that's Josh Ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah so, but anyway, but this guy could be better than all the tackles out there. I don't know what the Cowboys feel about him, but it they take a little bit of time just to make sure there's there's an unknown there as far as for being for sure, whether because he hasn't had the experience of other guys, but you you might be able to take him. You still have in your hip pocket, your scenario and you you bring him along however he comes along.
Speaker 2: So how was he rated in this draft?
Speaker 3: He's rated as one of those guys. I mean it's a deep draft for offensive tackles. Yeah, and he's in the mix in that group.
Speaker 7: Getting the sixth best, getting the sixth best, would that be so bad?
Speaker 2: Well, it's so.
Speaker 3: Deep, but when one of the other issues on it is he doesn't have a lot of experience and he's only played right tackle. And you've heard Mike McCarthy and I haven't heard Solario so much, but McCarthy's talked about, well, you can you know, you keep a guy on the right side or the he's either a right side or the left side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's so.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you know the fact if he had been at left tackle, it would be easier to pull the trick if you were want him to be the left tackle, whatever.
Speaker 4: How many first round picks do you need on the offensive line.
Speaker 2: You don't have to have all of them have to be.
Speaker 4: Well, you're getting close to it. If you take another one in the first round, now you would have what to.
Speaker 2: It depends on the culture is you want to create?
Speaker 7: Have three right, yeah, but it depends on the culture you want to create. That's like saying in Washington they had four first rounders on the defensive line.
Speaker 3: In Atlanta right now, I think they've got four first rounders.
Speaker 2: Well, they often just suck's.
Speaker 3: Well in the Cowboys, I mean the last decade, they had three first rounders when they drafted Tyron Smith twelve years ago. Then then eleven years ago they drafted Travis Frederick, and ten years ago Zach Martin. So you went for a good stretch of the last decade with three first rounders on them. That was and then Collins, Lyle Collins was projected to it would have been a first rounder if he didn't have the issues coming out and they signed him as a college.
Speaker 4: Free agent and how that will help you on defense.
Speaker 3: And that and that didn't win you two playoff games in a given year, right, So.
Speaker 4: So at some point you got to spread out. You know, your money can't be all on the offensive line. Can you develop somebody, can you you know, give it an opportunity to see what t J. Bass can do at guard. But these are the decisions they've got to make.
Speaker 7: It seems as if if they're still going this route to look at offensive linemen spags, they're just not happy with what they see. They're not comfortable with what they say.
Speaker 4: Well, they have not said that, Yeah, we don't know what they're doing. What they got there because they see, Oh they don't have Leo Collins and they got to have a tackle.
Speaker 3: That's that's just they they got to.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, I am with that because we do need that.
Speaker 4: And you also need a linebacker, and you also need a defensive tackle, and you probably need And so when I get to that spot, what's the best who's the best? Can I have the third best defensive end or the sixth best tackle? Uh oh, I also need a running back this.
Speaker 2: Week, and I am all about defense.
Speaker 7: If we're going to pick anything, and we're gonna hang our hat on something.
Speaker 2: Once again, you can have the worst offense in the world.
Speaker 7: You can still go deep into the playoffs with a solid defense still, and I know this is way back in the day. I'm still looking at the Ravens on how they want a dog on championship with that defense and one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen play in the NFL, not just in the Super Bowl. And this guy now, he's got camps out there. He's coaching kids how to be bad quarterbacks as well. So come on, man, But he's making his money. He's doing this thing because of a great defense. So to me, you've got to have that defense. And we found that out in the playoffs. You cannot have a defense depending on your offense. You just can't. It don't work because in the playoffs things are different. The defense is going to be better. The Packers played us better because our defense is waiting on our offense to get the game going.
Speaker 2: We need to have I love having our offense score points.
Speaker 7: But we need to be in a culture here to where we can play defense and we can run the ball on anyone. I don't care how good our quarterback is, I don't care how much CD Lamb gets off. That's the formula that you're gonna have to win to win by. We've always approached it offensively. First, we need to go from the defense first.
Speaker 4: Tell me the defensive tackles on this team right now?
Speaker 2: U C L A O c OC. Yeah, and we.
Speaker 4: Had improven You like they can play?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well all of them have shown that they can play, but they're just not consistent. Oh sir, but they're just I need more than one defense. You do, yes, you do?
Speaker 4: So the next one, and you need a linebacker would be Mazie. We don't know Chauncey Golston, he's a defense end. They kind of moved inside. And then what that's it? Okay, there ain't no Jonathan Hankins anymore. There's no Neville Gallimore anymore. So what if I get to that point and there's still a defensive tackle? As Bill looked at over the weekend.
Speaker 2: He seems like he's looking over now.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I've got he know. We'll wait for the next segment to talk about the guy I want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Would you start with the defensive tackle linebacker? Excuse me for or do you go where else? On defense?
Speaker 2: Line back? I would start linebacker, you would start. I would start linebacker.
Speaker 7: Even though we just signed a linebacker, I would still look for someone another linebacker in the draft.
Speaker 4: So I think a lot of that depends on what are they going to do with Michael Parsons. Is he a linebacker? But then I need a defensive end. Is he a defensive end? Then I need a linebacker. And by the way, watching Mara overshown workout out there, he's moving really well, he's already got your linebacker. Well, I mean he's he's he's one, right, and and is he just a change up linebacker or is he he's starting?
Speaker 7: Like, give me what's his what's his physique?
Speaker 2: What is he six? What? What is he? Well?
Speaker 3: I would get the official stats for you moment, please if I can get my iPad, my brand new.
Speaker 6: I I'm looking at it's going to be wow before he gets that, yeah, right, because he doesn't even know to connect his cell phone.
Speaker 3: So I got it, I got the hotspot going go ahead, make you what you were you going to say?
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 4: Six three two twenty five. There we go.
Speaker 2: That's small.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And and he probably put on a little bit of strength and weight working out.
Speaker 2: Did they want did they draft him? Did they sign him to be.
Speaker 4: A high He was going to be a hybrid linebacker. He was like some details.
Speaker 7: I'm tired the hybrid lineback down. I'm tired of high third down.
Speaker 3: Okay, four five six forty?
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: What that he?
Speaker 3: Where's the volume control?
Speaker 2: Racy?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: Either listen to listen to black music? Looks at that rap? Man, listen to that rap NFL dot com rap?
Speaker 3: So is this the volume control of my new.
Speaker 2: Now up and down? Well?
Speaker 3: I didn't up and down work.
Speaker 2: I was doing that.
Speaker 3: Volume up? Why is that the up? And that's that should.
Speaker 2: Be the up?
Speaker 3: Four five six forty for Debarbon, I'm looking at.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at it like a linebacker.
Speaker 3: He came to Texas. He was he was, and he was an under Armour All American in high school out of ARP Texas as a safety. Okay, he went to Texas a ARP in East Texas. ARP Texas is to it's very small class, very small. It's probably maybe I don't know, I think it is three eight. Anyway, he went to Texas as a safety and he converted a linebacker. Did play linebackers last couple of years at Texas, and as we all know, they looked really good in training camp before he suffered the ACL injury in pre season game. But to answer your question and what Mickey has just said, he was projected to be a sub package linebacker last year.
Speaker 2: Let's look at that.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 2: We were blown off the map.
Speaker 7: Oh no, in our last several games, as we spoke of earlier in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: First, I want he was not projected to be Leyton vander Esh's replacement.
Speaker 4: I want I want the ability when that team goes two tight ends or a full back, put three legitimate linebackers on the field.
Speaker 7: I would not put him down as a legitimate line No.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying. I'm not saying that's why I'm saying a linebacker.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So if he's saying linebacker is a need need.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well yeah, we agree on that. I just don't want any more hybrids. No, that's my point. We got the hybrid yet.
Speaker 2: I want to just like what we brought in, the veteran that we brought in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got hybrid linebackers out the wazoo. We don't need from Marquise Bell to one Wilson.
Speaker 2: Where you're gonna play parcels. Is he gonna be a line where he's gonna be a linebacker.
Speaker 7: I need to find out if you're gonna be a dB, Are you gonna be a Are you gonna be a safety?
Speaker 2: Are you're gonna be a linebacker?
Speaker 7: That's the ones that we need to try and figure out as much as Michael parcels.
Speaker 2: We've got these hybrids.
Speaker 7: What position I'm p I think Marquis Bell should never play linebacker again. I don't think he should have to play linebacker. He should be back there as a safety roaming the way he really can roam. We're wasting him in this finite space here. He needs to be in the back where he can make some plays. And he did a damn good job, as we all agree, he did a damn good job this year, but put him in. We need to start being more traditional in our defensive packages because we needed a package different from what we had against Buffalo, against Miami, against against Green Bak And that's.
Speaker 3: Going to be the intriguing thing this offseason as we are able to watch ota practices and to get into training camp and how Mike Zimmer is using these players in contrast perhaps to what the way dan quinncau is.
Speaker 4: I don't want the quarterback that beats me in the playoffs to say oh, we noticed you had a safety playing linebacker, and we thought we'd just run the ball.
Speaker 7: And it was pretty obvious in this room. We knew that was going on. We were just that something would come about. We were hoping that Evans would turn out to you know, plug in that stuff, and you know, you just can't do that. We we realize now we cannot do that.
Speaker 2: It does not work.
Speaker 7: We were very optimistic, uh, going into the playoffs.
Speaker 3: And I don't think that's right.
Speaker 7: I don't think that's to the fans for us to sit up here and try to make them believe that.
Speaker 3: All right, So we continue with mixed shots. In just a moment, and there is a defensive player in this draft, and Mickey is very high on and I am climbing aboard the bandwagon when we come back just a moment.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escape fleft.
Speaker 4: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and the stores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing, ice cooled kola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 3: Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor needs will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 3: Demict shuts.
Speaker 5: The eleventh annual Reliant Home Run Derby is back at Riders Field in Frisco on May first at six pm. Come see your favorite Dallas Cowboys players swing for the Fences to raise money for the Salvation Army. Admission and parking are free. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Reliant HRD to learn more.
Speaker 4: See you there and guess what? Look what's out?
Speaker 3: It's the Dallas Cowboys Star magazine. NFL Draft Guy.
Speaker 4: There you go. I love this online. It is available for people if they go to Dallascowboys dot com Slash News Slash Stars magazine. It's the official draft guide again with features on some of the biggest stars in the draft, breakdowns of the Cowboys haves and have nots going into the draft at each position, and more than one hundred in depth scouting reports. And soon it's should be available to purchase and soon at the pro shops and regional outlets like Elbertson's and Walmart.
Speaker 3: All right, almost as good as the big Green NFL Draft Scouts, which is starting to fill out your section in here. There's a I don't get started. I get I had to make three trips to baseball spring training, so I'm just now diving into this draft big time. And I love the next couple of weeks because I've right now I've got a fairly decent handle on the top fifty players. I love studying the next two hundred players. I want to figure out who they're going to get in the fourth, fifth, and sixth. Well, they don't have a fourth round pick, but we can trade next year's fourth and get a fourth anyway, there was so I texted Mickey on Friday. I think it was because I was looking at a player from the university of Missouri. And I don't remember exactly what I texted you, but I love this player. And he is a defensive lineman and his name is Darius Robinson. He is six ' five, two hundred and eighty five pounds with ten and a half inch hands, thirty four and a half inch arms, an eighty four and a half inch wingspan. He had eight and a half sacks for the Missouri Tigers first team All SEC this past season. He's an academic All American.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: He's a mixture of Max Crosby and Chris Jones and Mickey actually agrees.
Speaker 4: With me, and they don't have a measure for your playing nature. But he's a badass.
Speaker 3: He's also a two time team captain too. He was organizing workouts at ten o'clock at night.
Speaker 4: And he's been known to get kicked out of games.
Speaker 6: Really, that's what I want out of my defensive tackle, actually playing too hard or being too rough for going playing after the whistle.
Speaker 4: Uh, this guy, you want him. He's one of those guys you want on your team. And if you keep looking at things, there's very good chance.
Speaker 3: He could be there.
Speaker 2: He this is a nice guy. Twenty four.
Speaker 3: This is nice are you looking up Darius Robinson, look at the defensive linemange sixty one. Okay, page sixty one. Good, all right, everyone turned to him number sixty one. Now let's sing the praise Darius Robbins Sports Bible. He's also a he's.
Speaker 2: He is a oh miss guy. Huhags likes him.
Speaker 3: Man, you no, no, no, A lot of times I can give you, man, I can have you and listening, I can give hey Everson. I can give you a ton of you guys that I would not draft. And so I think the fans that are most passionate about their team give you a true reading on one player, sing one way or the other, and you usually it is you really love them or you really hate them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes you're tougher on them than exactly.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: And this guy can play and he could play a good person too, and he can play inside.
Speaker 7: God got a great smile. Great smile if that means anything. I mean, he's one of the slower linebackers out there.
Speaker 3: He's on a linebacker. He's six and eighty five pound defensive line.
Speaker 2: Slower defensive lineman out there.
Speaker 3: Well. He ran a four nine to five at two hundred and eighty five pounds.
Speaker 2: God, these guys are so fast.
Speaker 3: Right, So I mean once again he's coupled with the guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, so that's because these guys are running four to seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's to four six? What's the weight on the four six guy?
Speaker 2: That just the four to six guy? Fifty one?
Speaker 3: Okay, he ran a four six to two hundred and fifty one pounds. Yeah, this guy's too, he's forty pounds heavier.
Speaker 4: To eighty five and he can play inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so he's the guy that inside outside he's uh, but he's got.
Speaker 2: And he can move. I can see I can see it. I can see it.
Speaker 3: I got to get you some video on the plan too. Yeah. Darius Robinson his.
Speaker 2: Three cone is his three cone drill is up there? What is he whether heavy?
Speaker 3: Because I don't have the cone dribble.
Speaker 2: That's that's okay, b J. All right, Uh the.
Speaker 3: Robinson at a thirty five vertical and.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he's all.
Speaker 5: Right, he's on your radar, Mickey.
Speaker 3: He's he should be on all of our radars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you never know. When Brown shows.
Speaker 2: That thirty five vertical is really good, Yeah, really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that shows explosion.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and he's the heaviest one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 4: No, I was just trying to make a joke. Defensive tackle Derek Brown, Carolina ninety six million dollars extension as a defensive tackle, although he did have one hundred and three tackles this last year.
Speaker 3: He had one hundred and three tackles this year as an interior defensive blindman.
Speaker 4: Eighty eighty he played. He played eighty nine percent of the snaps and however, whoever judges this said he had a forty seven percent win rate versus the run. So that's why he's averaging twenty four million a year with sixty three million guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Okay, late round, Jim, we're still talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh, I love it making ever since starting to get into this draft. We're going into the late round. Jim's Jaylyx Hunt.
Speaker 2: Now he's two fifty two, okay, four six four forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's on end.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and I'm okay with getting No, I'm not.
Speaker 7: Really no, this is not a back of I'm just impressed. I'm impressed with these numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh, vertical thirty seven and a half man at four six four broad jumped ten eight this guy's that's now you're talking about the great athlete here. That's why I know he's laid round, but he's sixty four two fifty.
Speaker 4: Two, sort of like Randy Gregory.
Speaker 7: Oh look, this is the picture that somebody sent me this picture of too Ta tall, too tall and Tom Laser.
Speaker 2: Yeah I had from London.
Speaker 7: Yeah no, no, this is this is when he was first drafted. That afro has to be circa seventy two, seventy seven or something like that.
Speaker 3: All right, else he's on your legal pad there, Mickey.
Speaker 4: Well, I mentioned Randy Gregory switch teams again. Tampa Bay signed him for three million up to five with incentives.
Speaker 2: Is a good, good up and coming team.
Speaker 4: So we'll see that's his what third team since he left the Cowboys signed with Denver that didn't work out, and they're currently having paid fourteen point four million in dead money this year for him after they traded him last year middle of the season the San Francisco He'll.
Speaker 2: Be He'll be in Dallas to He'll be back in Dallas to this. Hey, what's up.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's gonna happen. When he turned his back on what he said he was going to do. So, uh yeah, he'll be in Tampa.
Speaker 3: Bay and they have a need. Shaq Barrett went to Miami.
Speaker 4: Right, So so they found a kind of it. So it's less expensive replace.
Speaker 3: And Tampa Bay has been up against the camp for a couple of years now, coming off the Tom Brady era. And so when you lose a player like Shaq Barrett, you get an economical replacement in Randy Gregory or Tuma.
Speaker 2: And by the way, none of these guys have the three college drills. None of them did.
Speaker 3: Well a bunch of them. Here's the deal at the combine. It's interesting you bring that up, especially for edge rushers, the cone drill. It really sets the bar a lot of times for whether you're teams look at that closely on whether you're a first round draft pick, second round draft pick, third round draft pick. Agents have gotten wise to it now.
Speaker 4: Under and so the deadline for that stuff.
Speaker 3: Was no, no, no, this is from the combine and so those combine numbers are the times they don't know. But no, here's the point. Agents have gotten wise to that, and they have advised their clients not to do the cone drill because if you have there's a certain amount of training that also goes into that's why you go to this Michael Johnson Performance Place and all these other places to train to get that cone drill down under seven. Well, if you don't get the technique just right and you run a seven to three seven point three to oh instead of a six nine five or seven point oh, it can drop your draft stock from a first round that day. So the agents have now said, hey, I don't want you, don't do then drill.
Speaker 2: There's still two on here that actually have numbers. Dwayne Carter from Duke.
Speaker 7: He's a senior six two three oh two and his cone numbers the three cone was seven point nine five.
Speaker 2: And what is he He's a he's a tackle.
Speaker 3: He's interior, Yeah, interior interior guys.
Speaker 4: It's not this matter ain't none.
Speaker 7: But that's Gabe Hall. Baylor sixty six is senior to ninety one. And where's he's seven six five project round gym.
Speaker 3: But he's an interior defensive line.
Speaker 7: Now, Carter number seven, he's projected number seven. And that's the other one that had the drill. But you've got a couple of them that have done it. Uh, what's the shuttle? Okay, twenty the twenty yard shuttle?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is? Four point three him for Braidon Fisk out of Florida State.
Speaker 4: So at twenty yards he's four point Is it a shuttle or the shovel its twenty yards into the forty's a seven?
Speaker 7: The cell he ran four point three seven Braidon Fisk at two ninety two. And then you've got Gabe Hall did a four point sixty seven in the twenty yard shuttle.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm looking through my numbers. For example, Leatu Latu of UCLA is one of the top edge rushers in this draft. He's projected to be first round draft pick. He ran a seven to nine. He was one that actually did the cone drill seven oh nine. Dallas Turner from Alabama who ran a four to four to six with a forty and a half vertical and a ten to seven broad jump, and he's considered the top edge rusher, top ten draft pick. He didn't do the cone drill. He can do it. I guarantee you that Dallas Turner with a proper training, or maybe with any training, can run a seven flat or faster cone drill. But why risk it when you've already put up numbers with a four four six forty And why risk? Why risk if you haven't if you haven't solely trained for that cone drill.
Speaker 7: This is defensive end running a four point four six forty.
Speaker 2: Is that what I see? Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's yes. He's six three two and forty seven pounds, so.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a freening.
Speaker 7: He more like a freenie right outside. And he's got long arm, not really tall necessary.
Speaker 3: And for Alabama, well, he's sixty three.
Speaker 7: That's not for edge rusher, that's not m Yeah, but I'm just saying that's why I put him in a free a freeny category.
Speaker 3: They got another rusher from Alabama, Chris Braswell that I like, who's six three two fifty one and he ran but he ran a four to six, so that's the difference between and and he had he had eight sacks for Alabama this year. Dallas Turner had ten sacks. And Turner's a top ten pick. And Chris Briswell will be a guy that you can get in the second round probably.
Speaker 4: And welcome to the Cowboys Draft show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 3: Great time of the year, Mickey.
Speaker 5: Speaking of which, guys, I'm going to be out in Detroit for the draft this year.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's right about that, all right, and you're gonna be out that with the hoodlums of.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go, you know.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll be there with all the Inner Circle fans and then as well as on the media's side, so we can check out some of these top prospects.
Speaker 3: Okay, when we come back here on mix shots, Mickey, do you have a rant? I have a couple, oh, a couple of Mick shots coming at you in just a moment here on mix Shots.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 2: Monday Mornings Swagger Briskey and.
Speaker 9: The Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest sport. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 10: Did you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP Fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana, because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping.
Speaker 3: There's no topping of cool PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI. That's what I like.
Speaker 1: Demic shuts.
Speaker 5: Join the huddle with Dallas Cowboys Jerseys. Rep your favorite player or grab a custom jersey with your name on it. Score yours at pro shop near you, or log onto shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com a fanatics experience.
Speaker 3: It is eleven forty five here on a Monday morning edition of Mix Shots, brought to you by Miller Lte and two hours from right now, we will be coming out.
Speaker 4: Of the darkness breaking news.
Speaker 3: Will the Cowboys come out of the darkness of this off season at that time too?
Speaker 4: He's so poetic, breaking light, start breaking newss A breaking news alert, breaking news, but on.
Speaker 3: A bomb, a bom bomb, breaking news from the Cowboys news room and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: That's not how it sounds.
Speaker 4: The sun's out.
Speaker 3: The sun is out here.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good, though it is flows breaking up.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: I see some blue sky, not totally, but when I went out there, there's shadows. So means the sun is shining.
Speaker 3: He went out and saw it shadows. So that means, however, two more hours of sunshine.
Speaker 2: That's a good work. We're gonna we're gonna keep making a little little hole down.
Speaker 6: There, na come in and they're gonna need them.
Speaker 3: What do they call it?
Speaker 10: Honey?
Speaker 7: Yeah, pox of honey pox, No fox, holly feel Risco, Mickey.
Speaker 3: Frisco. Mickey just went outside saw his shadow?
Speaker 2: Does that?
Speaker 3: What does that mean about news? Is it? Six more weeks of winter for the Cowboys? Off season?
Speaker 4: Don't start?
Speaker 3: Don't do that?
Speaker 4: Better not be which no one wants to admit. Why it's just amazing to me. Why why they're not doing anything? Okay, we go the draft and just for perspective.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's talk.
Speaker 3: They have they have they have?
Speaker 2: Do we have it in the booth?
Speaker 3: We have salary jasmine? I don't know, but yeah, producers, supremes not here.
Speaker 4: They have six million dollars.
Speaker 2: We're going there, you go.
Speaker 4: They got six million dollars available under the salary cap. Their projected draft pool is eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: So do the math.
Speaker 4: If they were drafting today, they couldn't draft seven guys.
Speaker 3: They've got the Michael Gallup money for.
Speaker 4: The draft pool, I know, but today they don't.
Speaker 3: And that's what people I heard a national talk show talking about the what you're talking about? What are they going to do? And they clearly weren't aware that Michael Gallup was a June first cut, right, and and that money that will become available eight million dollars on June first, you can, you can sign your draft lass.
Speaker 4: Well, just remember next year it's eight more million in dead money. So there's no no free lunch.
Speaker 3: We're living. We're living this thing month to month, week to week. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then there's uh, there's.
Speaker 3: What happens when you're when your credit card is over the limit.
Speaker 2: And they don't they That's exactly what happened all in.
Speaker 3: The been there, done that.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, the NFL doesn't just doesn't just drives your interest, right, they charge you draft choices and millions.
Speaker 2: Of dollars, right, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: The other thing I see out there is no one understands why they haven't signed Dak Prescott to an extension. Well, number one, it takes two people to sign an extension, and no one has said anything about what Dak's guys are asking for. Remember, he averaged forty million on this last contract. And now you understand why the Cowboys were pushing for a five year deal and not a four year deal. And because it's a four year deal, this is the last year. And I'll guarantee you they're waiting for more to happen with quarterbacks to sign, to see what the average is going to be. Because the top averages right now are Joe Burrow with fifty five million, Herbert with fifty two million, Lamar Jackson fifty two, and Jalen Hurts fifty one. So guess what they're asking for sixty million a year at least. And so I think that's one of the reasons why the Cowboys are sitting there going, Okay, you want to bet on yourself, you want to wait, Well, we can wait you out if you don't agree to sign for what we have. And he's already tried that once with the with the franchise tag and got hurt. Now what if that had been a career ending injury and he turned his back on I forgot what the franchise tag guaranteed was at that point, but it was nearly thirty million. I think so you got to ask yourself you're going to take the money that's available or are you going to bet on yourself? And I think that's a that's a.
Speaker 2: They do. Yeah, that's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking, you know what, if I've made the money I've already made, I'm probably not going to take that bet. The other one that's going on.
Speaker 3: And Zy before you moved to the other one, is it about the quarterbacks too, or is it something no, no quarterbacks. The other thing on DAK is Miami is thinking about doing a TUA long term contract, right, And so if you're the DAK camp, the TUA camp, do you want to be first to sign that because whoever goes second is gonna get more money than that first guy.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what's happening with CD Lamb because Justin Jefferson is in the same boat that CD Lamb is. He's on his fifth year option that's worth nineteen million, the CDs is eighteen million, so they both need an extension to lower the cap hit for this year. Here's the thing, guys, So they're waiting because the agent doesn't want to get trump like I signed my guy for twenty five million, and then CD gets thirty million.
Speaker 7: Even when I when I played, I bet on myself and it worked out for me. I didn't get injured, thank god, and the play was decent. So I always look at it like this. Everyone can't be the top paid player. Everyone can't be the top paid player. So if you're waiting on something to happen, okay, I'm too waiting on. You might be talking about you know.
Speaker 2: Two million here, three million there, and I know it to say.
Speaker 7: That it's trivial sounds weird, But when it's all said and done, I don't think it makes that much of a freaking difference.
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 7: I mean, you've got you're gonna tell me justin Jefferson's not gonna be happy if someone else makes more money than neither. I know, but this is the player's call. Yes, I know what I'm saying, And so I've always looked at like I don't have to be the top. I mean I want to be up there, of course, but I don't want to be the top. There are many other ways you can make some money. There's many other clauses you can put in your contract if you want to even it out. But to me, all of this say I gotta be number one. That's really just about pride. When it comes to a player standpoint, agent wants the money the player.
Speaker 2: That's just ego.
Speaker 7: It's just And I'm not trying to say players should be taking less money. Trust me, I'm not trying to say that. We know, yeah exactly, that's not me. But you know, when it's all said and done, somebody's going to be number two, three, four, five, sixty seven. It's gonna be somebody, and so you're not gonna be happy with it. If you were happy when you signed it, now you're not happy because someone's making more than you. To me, that's just it doesn't make much sense when it comes down to the final say.
Speaker 4: So because you might be number one today, next year you're gonna be No.
Speaker 2: It's going to be somebody.
Speaker 7: Be happy with the money that you had, and I don't mean take less once again, but be happy with that tagline that you signed.
Speaker 4: You signed that and we started this I think it was last week, right you asked what do you think the market value is for the wide receivers now? And we pointed out that Tyreek Hill averages thirty million a year. So these guys now want thirty million or more year DeVante Adams twenty eight million, Cooper Cup twenty six million.
Speaker 7: So now what's the And it depends on where you are in your contract right right, See when you're in that seat of my contract right then, Okay, let's start talking about something better. Because I played better than tybee Hill. You know, I'm just saying if I was a player or not I played Ben tyber Hill. Okay, let's talk about some raise or raising me up there just for ego purposes. You're showing me how much love you have for me by making me the highest page, just by adding a little bit more because tybee Hill just went above me.
Speaker 4: And see, we don't know what their sides are asking for. So again, the Cowboys got to manage their cap, not just this year, but next year. Take that next year. If he's not on this team and he doesn't get an extension, he's got a forty million dollars of dead money from voided years that they've pushed money down to restructures contract. So there's more to it than just well, get it done. It doesn't happen that way because it takes two people to negotiate a contract. And then the other thing we kind of got at the end. You asked last week about Trey Lance. Yes, that he's in his final year of his contract and the Cowboys basically have a one year or whatever April to December to make a judgment on what he is. And from asking around, my understanding is you're going to see a lot of TREYE. Lance in the off season in the OTAs they know what Cooper Rush is. They've got three preseason games Dak plays what a half of one. They don't need to see Cooper Rush. So you're gonna see a lot of Trey Lance this off season especially, I mean, they don't need to overwork Dack, especially in training camp. So they're going to take a good look at him to see exactly what they have. And they didn't give him that four million dollar roster bonus for nothing, right, They want to see and they don't know. We don't know, so they've got to find out and they've got one season to find out about what Trey Lance is. Is he a future backup? Is he a guy that you want to start grooming for the future, or what if you see him play really well and there's a quarterback injury and somebody goes, I'll give you a second round pick for him. He turned a fourth into a second. So that's kind of what's going on with him. They've liked what they've scene so far, but they have not seen anything on the field in a competitive situation because they basically retooled him. This was like a year of quarterback school for him. From a technique standpoint, steps, shoulder, arm slots.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have that much experience, well experience at twenty three years old. He's if he was in this draft, he'd be right up there in the top five picks in the draft. Again, yep, he's the same age as half the quarterbacks that are projected to be first round picks in this draft.
Speaker 4: I did look that up somewhere and I was looking at the ages, and you're exactly right.
Speaker 2: They don't have it in these days.
Speaker 5: At ages it's like twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely so. So they've got to find out about him and be prepared. You're going to see a lot of Trey Lance in this off season, the OTAs and then when they get to training camp, because they got to find out what he is.
Speaker 3: All right, two minutes left here, I want to ask Everson, what do you think of the stuff on dig straight? And by the way, Stefan Diggs and the Texans will be coming here to take on Trayvon Diggs and the cow Boys.
Speaker 4: It's finally we got the match up.
Speaker 7: I was talking trash down into South Padre Island. They were bragging about Houston. I tell him that's still the second best team in Texas.
Speaker 3: So, you know, the first when the first the trade was first announced, it sounded like such a steal for the Texans because all they had to give up was next year's second round pick and they were getting back in return sixth rounder this year and a fifth rounder next year. Well, then in the couple of days later, word comes out that Trayvon's having I mean, Stephan's having his contract redone and it's only a one year deal that he's on. Real guess what, So he is one year. It's a one year deal that Stefan Diggs is on.
Speaker 4: And soy two point five million fully guaranteed it's and.
Speaker 3: It's another three million on top of that, which was a roster bonus that will come into effect for this year too.
Speaker 4: So basically basically that's what got because it was eighteen, and I got you so.
Speaker 3: Any but the point is weird.
Speaker 2: So the point.
Speaker 3: For just one year, yeah, so, and they're giving up their second round draft pick and so. And the other thing is what was going on Apparently with Stephan in Buffalo, they felt like they had to get him and Buffalo's.
Speaker 2: Transfer to a young quarterback in Houston.
Speaker 3: And on Buffalo's perspective, can a young wide receiver come in there and take up the slack whatever you I think they felt like they could not have a young if they drafted wide receiver in the first round. Kind of like the same situation where the Cowboys were in with CD and Amari Cooper, where the Cowboys felt like CD needs to be the top dog in that room, and you can't bring in a first round wide receiver and Stephan be the top dog in the room. With what was going on behind the scenes there.
Speaker 7: Apparently what's the kid's named Nicolae Nico Collins and dells that.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 7: So you've got a young quarterback of a young team. Here comes Diggs who's very boisterous and aggressive. Can he do the same thing in Houston that he was trying to do in Buffalo? In other words, demand much more from his quarterback, in other words, throw me the ball all the time.
Speaker 4: And what happened was the last seven games his production went down and they changed off into coordinator, right, and also his targets went down. So the last seven games he didn't have a one hundred yard reception game. What do you think nothing?
Speaker 2: What about the offensive coordinated that he's going to now, do they have a connection.
Speaker 7: Does he seem to think that in some way this is going to prove out to be more passes for the Bobby Sloan?
Speaker 3: You really think that?
Speaker 5: And I think it's even that negotiation of going on to a one year deal that kind of goes to show like, hey, we're going to give this a chance. Let's see how much I.
Speaker 4: Can get the ball.
Speaker 2: He must feel it, he must he must something like that.
Speaker 4: But he's looking at I got all this money for one year and I'm a free agent again next.
Speaker 3: Year, right, And so it's it's a Kirk Cousins effect here where he and his agent's doing a great job of working the system to get as much money as he can and in a year from now he'll have a big year in Houston.
Speaker 2: That's that's case. Scenario.
Speaker 7: He has a big year in Houston. Houston looks like they look towards the end of the season. He's a part of that. Then he can stay and sign for a multi.
Speaker 3: Day and you're taking your matters into your own hands with your contract where you're not leaving it up to Buffalo. He made enough noise there in Buffalo that and they worked out a deal where he and now he's got a one year deal in Houston. And now he's got his future in his own hands because a year from now he just get cut from Buffalo, maybe even after the free agent flurry and of signings, and he wouldn't get nearest.
Speaker 2: Money you've got.
Speaker 7: You got a young, young, up and coming coach in Houston. This guy's doing a great job. Do you bring in And I don't want to call him a wild caught, He's not that by any means, But when you look at the issues that he had with his quarterback last year, talking about Diggs, do you want to bring that into this comfortable situation that you have right now here? There's a young team you know that's still very They can be influenced in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 3: I take they feel like though they could hit. They could be right on something like a Mahomes in Kansas City in his fourth what he do his first year as a quarterback there in his second year. I mean, they're making them run all the way to the super Bowl. They give it. They're giving Stroud enough weapons where if they stay healthy, they can make a deep run. And yeah, they aren't going to have They'll negotiate with Stephan after the season.
Speaker 7: But uh, I've got to see how he fits with this quarter But even from to see how he fits with this.
Speaker 3: This even from a Buffalo standpoint, it makes a lot more sense now that we hear that it's just a one year deal that Stephan is on. Uh and so a year from now, Texans, what what do they have to show for this?
Speaker 2: Straight?
Speaker 3: Okay, whatever Diggs does this year, what the Texans do this year, Well, they they've lost their second round pick next year, so.
Speaker 4: And they're going to be maybe desperate if it's a good year to sign them to an extension. And let's finish on this good news. Doran Bland was paid seven hundred and fifty nine thousand, seven hundred and fifty eight dollars in performance based bonus by the NFL NFL PA for his performance last year. So you almost almost made as much money in the bonus as it did in the base salary. Base salary, right, So good for right graduates.
Speaker 5: It's out running on the field.
Speaker 4: He's already out there working.
Speaker 2: Trying to get better. Yep, he'll get better too.
Speaker 3: And his base salary last year was eight hundred and seventy thousand man, so.
Speaker 4: The bonus was just one hundred thousand les.
Speaker 2: Double up, double up. That's all right, so good for Duran blak. So can we take this home?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's all years all you.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm taking mine home too, So we expect you to be very fishing on the draft.
Speaker 2: I'll be just looking for HBC. You player like, man, it's a bunch of craft.
Speaker 3: Okay, next week I'll find you some HBC.
Speaker 2: I found one already. I found the grammar melt book. Don't do that, all right? So that does it?
Speaker 3: Before you leave? Yeah, sure, you put your.
Speaker 4: Glasses, get them wet.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 3: We are like one hour and thirty six minutes away, but only total.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing mine in the lunch in the darkness.
Speaker 4: We're twenty six minutes away from first contact.
Speaker 3: Okay, first contact, don't stole it supposed to be at twelve thirty first contact with what the moon in the sun?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really? Start? I thought he was going third.
Speaker 4: Forty three pm.
Speaker 3: That's right, said again, one forty three pm.
Speaker 7: That's the exact total darkness supposed to be, not total darkness.
Speaker 5: That's the peak.
Speaker 2: It's not total darkness.
Speaker 3: It's going to be dark. You know it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Dark, but not total. This is total freaking darkness. I can't see any of y'all. You know I'm not going to be that. You know what.
Speaker 3: My assignment is to keep my sixteen year old beagle from looking at the sun. My wife said, when do you want to work? I said, oh, after the tottality whatever, And she said, okay, you'll be here. Make sure that bo doesn't look at the sun inside. No, she said, She said, even if he's inside, he can look out the window. He's sixteen years old and can't see my head.
Speaker 2: He's already blind. I can't see it's already blind. I said, there's no damage about it.
Speaker 3: If I pointed his head towards the sun and maybe he'll be able to see again. Yeah, maybe it'll correct this.
Speaker 4: Anyway, where does he sleep?
Speaker 2: You don't want to know.
Speaker 4: In our in the bed, in our bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put him in hate that crap.
Speaker 3: I hate that.
Speaker 4: Put him in the bend, definitely, Come on, man, I hate that.
Speaker 2: That's that's I've been there, done that. I've been there, done that. All right.
Speaker 3: Uh, Fortunately she's at work and not listening. And we will see you again next Monday here and it will be the first day of work for the off season next Friday here.
Speaker 1: On the.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.