Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSRY. Oh yeah, it's your college foosball National Championship Monday. We'll talk about it, but we're still talking about the NFL and things that made you go home. Plus last one standing this hour your chance to win one of these super sweet look at this bad boy CNR on FSR Nerve Footballs. Check that out. You can see it at Covino and Rich FSR. You can chime in on our YouTube live chat. I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis, Danny G's our super producer. He makes this happen. Sam and Spoder here, Dan Byers here. Thank you guys for being here. Hope you had a nice weekend and happy Martin Luther King Day Mlkday here on Fox Shorts Radio, broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studios. Our show sponsored by a DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA and right now used Promo Code cur show to claim your special offer at Draftkins. Again, it's promo code cr show at DraftKings. The crown is yours and it's a doctor King's birthday. Yes, you ain't never met doctor Martin Luther had a dream, bro, he had a dream. How old do you think he was when he got assassinated? I know the answer, It's easy when you know the answer when you looked it up. But I was, I was so torn, Like how old was he?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: You guys know? What's it? Late thirties, early forties? Dan sam Any guesses when was Doctor's King. I think he's like only like forty three. I was going to say thirty six, thirty nine? Dang, oh good. Yeah, it's to think that he could still be with us had he not be assassinate. He would have been in his nineties. He was born in the twenties. But yeah, crazy. I always think back to those terrible clips and I remember Jesse Jackson, like a young Jesse Jackson was there. So I always think, well, if he was there, Martin Luther King would probably still be alive. But I think Jesse Jackson was younger again. Your next success can begin sooner than you think. Apply now and save with no application fee through February eleventh at University of Maryland Global Campus. This new year payer goals within reach at an accredited state university. Learn more you mgc UMGC dot edu. So is Covino and Rich. Everything at Covino and Rich, and we're gonna get to more of your feedback, wrapping up things that make you go home. Can I just say this, With all the Sean McDermott got fired and Halflee got hired, and all the upsets and all the crazy moments, one of the coolest plays of the weekend, like gets lost in the under the radar, Like you're talking about the Kayleb Williams play that one handed booty snack, and I'm not talking about the one that happened in your bedroom of the week. I'm an expert at one handed booty grabs. Is that one handed booty grab in the end zone? What a catch, dude. It was one of the best catches and no one's talking about it. So it makes you go hmm, like, man, they're capable of some really big plays moving forward. So that was a really cool play. That I think God forgotten in the mix because there's so many big moments. You know, you want to hate on the Patriots because they've been there, done that, It just seems it seems unfair. Actually texted our buddy Mark, who's a big Patriots fan, Eddie, I was like, do you think you deserve another one so soon?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I don't know if Patriot fans deserve this so quickly? But Drake May and his wife are they not adorable? Did you see her? Like? iHeart Drake May's shirt, like she does little baking recipes and little videos like it's hard to really hate Vray Bowl. I don't know, they just seem I wish they were hateable. They're a likable team, Yeah, you know. And I found adorable Fernando Mendoza talking about his mom and how like she means the world to him, Like how do you root against this guy tonight? But a few other things if you went to Miami arecasts fan? That's about it a few other things that made me go, hm, we'll wrap it up with your phone calls. Cooper Cump won Super Bowl MVP with the Rams, now faces them in the NFC Championship game. That's kind of cool makes me go, Hmmm, more to play for in this green Day story. I feel like it's going under the radar a little bit. They're opening up the super Bowl super Bowl sixty with Green Day, and I think there's some backhanded disc toward the President because they're outwardly spoken at their disdain of President Trump. But honestly, I think it makes them look weak because I think they're bigger than opening ceremony. I get it's the super Bowl, but I think Green Day could do a halftime show. Are they incorporating like a new opening ceremony? This is like a new thing. I mean we've seen NFL sponsored events and other companies, but is it green Day just played this weekend here in Los Angeles or at Englewood at a big Eyheart event, big iHeart event. They're great, dude, They're legends, and I think it's beneath them to open up anything. I think they're a halftime act. Honestly, that's how big they were in the ninetie Well, if the NFL is just adding meaning like hey, before the game, before all this, hey, we'll treat you to a couple of Green Day songs, I don't know who would oppose that at all. Don't want to be an American idiot. You know, they're playing that one and they're giving a big few to somebody.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting And you guys would know this because you've been to a Super Bowl. I've been fortunate to be at a bunch as well. The countdown clock that they have in the stadium, it's interesting because I think it starts at ninety minutes, so it tells you in ninety minutes to kickoff, and you see players, you see fans coming in and the pregame stuff like with thirty minutes still left on the clock, it's like players off the field because there's so much to get done. And to answer your question, it sounds like they're going to perform and they're gonna do kind of something that did the last time. I think with some you know, whether it be Hall of Famers or Super Bowl MVPs, they'll have some sort of performance of bringing out those players or former players I think during green Day's performance. So that's kind of what we have to expect before, you know, the national anthem and and other stuff that I don't.
Speaker 1: Think anyone would argue more theatrics and possible with green Day. Hey, I'm not hating. I'm just stating I think it's cool to see Green Day. I'm I'm a huge fan. I just think that they're more of a halftime act and sold themselves short of the opportunity. See I disagree. I'm reading the feedback. Matt nineteen ninety says no one gives an ass about Green Day in twenty twenty six. I think green Day's a class They got longevity. They just performed this weekend with twenty one pilots and a bunch of other bands out here in LA. They're class too. It up based on you know, time is passing. They are a classic rier now, but they're still may They're one of the only bands that go back that far that are still able to make a hit.
Speaker 3: Here's just one quick thing I want to read to you. Because this is the NFL. They released a statement. Senior Director of Event and Game Presentation Tim Tubodeaux said, quote celebrating sixty years of Super Bowl history with Green Day as a hometown band while honoring the NFL legends who've helped the on This sport is an incredibly powerful way to kick off Super Bowl sixty. As we work alongside NBC Sports for this opening ceremony. We look forward to creating a collective celebration for fans in the stadium and around the world, So in the stadium opening ceremony, but maybe most notably, haven't we all said, like pick a local flavor for the halftime show right, Well, now they're doing it with an opening so maybe that's something we see moving forward. Good where local flavor, depending if it's going to be la next year or Atlanta the year after that having a role in an opening ceremony as opposed to a halftime celebration.
Speaker 1: Someone would oppose an annual like, hey, not only do you have a halftime show, there's gonna be a cool man that does some opening number. And you said celebrating sixty years would it be too predictable? And I rolly if I said they're going to roll out Time of your Life by Green Day, Sure like a montage of sixty years of the NFL, because what else goes with a paintre so many upbeat songs though, But you're right, maybe they come as far as montage. Maybe they come out play American Idiot or play brainstew there's gonna be a big few to Trump, I'm sure, but they could play like an old rocking hit and then slow it down to what's their most rocking hit. It's gotta be even though it's so commercially played out Brainstew like brain Stew an American idiot, and then go into timeier life with an NFL montage. I don't who would hate that better than nothing? Right? We didn't point out CJ. Stroud and how painful it was to watch. It really was like I felt bad for the kid. I even said to my girlfriend, and we have to realize these are just kids. When you see Josh Allen crying up there and his teammates crying thinking that he thinks they he let him down, You're like, they're just young men doing their best and there's so much pressure on them. But I think we really saw the pressure get to c J. Stroud. I think the moment was just too big for what he was capable of, and that's just hard to watch, to the point where they were gonna put a backup and they were gonna put in What's mills? Right, Like that's really sad, dude, like that he played that bad in this big of a moment.
Speaker 4: Well, there were some hot takes last weekend after CJ's performance where people were like, hey, Davis Mills, he played great during the season. I would start him Peple like, you're crazy. They might Shroud's team, but he might have been able to generate a little more offense.
Speaker 1: Stroud had seven turnovers and two playoff games. Stroud's the first player with five plus interceptions and five plus fumbles in a postseason. He had a really bad game. And you know when it all started for CJ. Stroud?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when when he declined to come to the stage at Super Bowl Week to be on the Covino and Rich Show.
Speaker 1: It's the CNR E fact. You're right, you could call it carcause.
Speaker 4: That was right after his brilliant rookie season and it's been downhill since then.
Speaker 1: Don't do anything wrong to us. Do you remember Kaepernick?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he dissed me and then there was the end for him. Hey, Rich, can I give you one last non sports related thing that made me go for the weekend and then we'll wrap it up with phone calls and thoughts? Please? I keep getting links now from buddies pushing their kids girls Scout cookies, and I'm all for contributing. I'm all for it, not complaining, just explaining. But there's three things. There's a new cookie that's involved. I'm like, what the hell is that? Oh? The explore Wars. Yeah, yeah, you know what they call it? What they call it because you know the usual suspects, you know, all the regular cookies. You're like, what's this one? They call it Rocky Road ice cream in a cookie? All right, So that's number one. Number two. I'm like, wait a second, isn't this too early? Is it? Like I thought they're seasonal? Are there two? Are they catching it two times a year now? Because why am I getting all these requests right now? That's the little early But I time not only this, get this. You know it's a four box minimum. Like I'm thinking to myself, yeah, I'll contribute. I really don't want to eat all these cookies. You have to buy four boxes and get this if you go to the super if you got the price, if you go to the supermar six bucks the box. Now, if you go to the supermarket and you see some kids outside with their moms a little table, you don't have to buy four maybe if you order them online. Yeah, you can only buy four at a time. That's the minimum at six bucks. It used to be what five before that was like two bucks. Well, everyone in the studio prepared to fatten up because my wife actually hit me up earlier saying like, oh, I had to order from this person and this one's daughter and this one's daughter and this one's daughter, and oh you know you're my daughter. Emmy, her friend on the softball team is selling cookies. So I think my wife put in. Just when you thought Samoa's were the best, explore wars come out of it nowhere. Honestly, my family ordered at least twenty bucks. Is deep, So you guys are going to reap the benefits and get chove you off of the cookies I'm bringing in here. It's a lot of boxes and girl scouts, so anyway, they're back. It's just there was like, whoa wait a second. They're really good though, Yeah, they're really good. What's your favorite? What's your favorite? If you had by far? Yeah, the best? You can tell. This new one came out. You know, it's chocolate mintlins. I was gonna say Samoa's Grasshoppers, Samoa's are the best. But but everyone gets all excited about the new one, like Stu gottshalt it. No, I'm just kidd he's the new girls. He's the new girls. Cut Cookar's real excited about it. Oh yeah, cook, Yeah, God cares about the Samoa's Cavino and Rich they were kind of good. We're all excited about the new ones.
Speaker 3: The stew gotst Did I ever tell you guys my story about Samoa's.
Speaker 1: No, but I love to hear it.
Speaker 3: I found out I was allergic to coconut for how many samoas I ate once was swollen up so much because I downed, like I love those things because.
Speaker 1: Once you once you open the package, like, well, I figure I have to eat them all.
Speaker 3: I mean and there's there's it's they're not full, but it's not empty, you know, it's not like so I'm like yeah, So I downed them all of a sudden. The next morning, I could not swallow. My throat was just so.
Speaker 1: We almost lost Dan Bayer yea. By the way, that's what foils is that what they're called trifoils. That's why I brought those today because I have so many coming in. I brought some red ones. Yeah, the short bread ones. I brought in today here at the studio. I think the league liters might be Samoa's, but I was Sam. I was Sam thin mints. Everybody else I think, Yeah, put the thin mints in the freezer and I eat grasshoppers. Who calls them grasshoppers?
Speaker 5: Well, when I was growing up, that style of cookie was called a grasshopper. I don't know where it came from. But it's like the mint and chocolate.
Speaker 1: Well, there's two distribution companies for the cookies, so there are different names, so people know that. Is that a Is that a fun fact you've learned just now? So you know, Keebler called them grasshoppers is mint and fudge. It was like their name. So it's like Kleenex for tissue.
Speaker 5: So what like He's like saying, Oh, I eat grasshoppers, but you're you're not eating a bug, You're eating the cookie by Keebler.
Speaker 1: I've only heard people say thin mints until I was Sam. Look it up. So fin mints, samoas, we know the favorites, but this fot you know the answer to this, like is it mayn called different?
Speaker 6: Like based on where you are in the country. It's best foods. The Rockies are the division line. So it's like back East, it's Hellman's here, it's best foods.
Speaker 1: Best foods, may so good. You have the same thing with Girls Scout, do you realizing on where you are, there's different names from For instance, if you look at a thin mint I want you to picture a thin mint cookie right now. Some of you are picturing a solid chocolate circle. Some of you are picturing a chocolate with a bunch of little like dots on it, right, little dimples, little dimples, essentially different. There's two different companies selling Girl Scout, two different bakeries, I guess you would say, and they have slightly different names. Some people call them actually different names depending on where you live. Yeah, so it's that time. You're all gonna get fat everywhere. All the work you've done in January, going back to the gym and eating healthy down the drain thanks to the little kids selling cookies anything else, stand down? Dan Byer said it in his update. I wrote it down as something that made me go hmm. Lebron's streak ended twenty one year run. Nothing to be ashamed of, but pretty interesting. It makes me go. Starting from five to twenty five, he's been a starting All Star all those years up until right now.
Speaker 3: And in the All Star this year because the game is a different format, these starters aren't going to be going against East West. But I think you needed that for contracts. Guys had bonuses in there in their deals, so you still had to name like a starting lineup.
Speaker 1: But it's going to be a USA versus the World format.
Speaker 3: Not everybody's going to be on the same team, so it's a little funky that way by calling them starters, but by name and by title. They had to announce starting lineups for the All Star Games, and Lebron did not make the cut this year.
Speaker 1: Crazy, Yeah, he should be really embarrassed. I'm kidding. You're like, wow, man rearly like the best for twenty one years loser by the way I saw I found the chart. I know you're so intrigued by this because they all look slightly different. They're called Finman's everywhere. Both factories called them thin Min's. But when we say samos, you might be like, Cavino Rich, do you need caramel delights right? Because caramel delight yeah uh. And then there's tag alongs and you might be like, do you mean peanut butter patties and the other one dose or either they could be called peanut butter sandwiches and the trefoils, the trifoils, whatever you said. I brought those short bread. The other company simply calls them short bread cookies. See so yeah, depending on where you live. But it's that time of year and make their little dreams come true. And I always I always supporting the Girl Scouts.
Speaker 3: There's also a new short bread with some toffee sprinklings. If you guys had those. But it's only like you don't get like two rolls. You don't even get one row of cookies.
Speaker 1: Shrink Flation. Yeah, that's exactly what at this spot. You know the b It is shrinkflation. We still have Bellinger to talk about. You will have games to play. You avoid the girl Scouts. That's the supermarket. Hell no, I always give out no hold on. I avoid buying them, but I do make donations. I know you think you're the only guy that does nice things. But if I see little it's outside and they're girl Scouts and they're not working for someone else trying to sell me giant bars of candy, I will always donate. I don't want the candy. I don't want the cookies I donate. That's actually one of the kinder things I've learned about Steve Comino. Well, because I know you assume otherwise, because you think you're the only great guy there ever was. I just assume that you didn't do those type of things. A lot of times I say, I don't have cash, but I'll come back and hook them up. Like you know when you're at a strip club and the stripper is like, would you like a dance, and you'd do the whole like, oh, I just got here, come back later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't have cash. Doesn't work anymore because they bust out the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Yeah, so I rich. They still say that for Hobos.
Speaker 4: There's been a couple of times I just don't want cookies in the house because we will eat them all instantly. So I put the cell phone up to my ear and I pretend like I'm on.
Speaker 1: An important call with Scotch kids. Yeah, but I I know you like some cookies about a very important I'm like, sorry, I'm on a call.
Speaker 6: Actually I love so, but I could the way only want them only rich Davi is gonna make a girl scout and stripper analogy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I mean, you know you do you avoid them in a similar fashion. Yeah, to come back to see you later, I jump. I don't. I don't have cash, but you know what you do and we'll end it on this note. As your friends, I told you yougin to hit you up on behalf of their kids, which, by the way, takes away from the door to door thing I told you that kids used to do. But whatever, I'm willing to contribute. Bring them into your colleagues, buy them, you don't, don't stuff your fat face with them. Bring them into work, let everyone else enjoy them, and bring them to the you know, your big super Bowl party, be the field, good good time guy that brings cookies over someone else's house. And speaking of what you you're the one that brought up stripper spot. Have you ever thought it would be a good idea for women that dance at a club to have a QR coat on their buttcheek? It's not a bad idea. I might want to do that. Do you want another dance? Hold on, and everyone else gets to tell you why can't I click? Seriously? Then if the stripper had her Venmo on the screen, right now, what's going on instead of a butterfly above their crack. I'm just saying you don't think there's a good marketing move there. If you're a anyway move along, not a bad idea, Rich, we should get behind it, all right. This is like blade Runner Dystopio re entering here. If a stripper had a temporary tattoo like you know your kids have a little temporary tattoos like good on, they'll like use it for tracking.
Speaker 4: You can put a QR coast. I hate to interrupt this. Well, look Rodney in the Sacramento area, Rodney.
Speaker 1: Rodney wants to talk about the Patriots and Raiders. You've Broughtney a chance?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Rodney? What up? Rodney?
Speaker 2: Hey, how's it going, guys? Somebody first time caller. I love listening to you guys. I'm usually on a slope and a dozer estimator, and you guys get me through the day. I do have two comments and two questions. Uh, well, gigs just brought in girl Scout cookies peanut butter patties for the locker room. But you guys were talking about the forty nine ers and their practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the practice facility next, Yeah, it's like an online social media viral conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Hey, one of the great Jonas Knox, he likes to call it, sure nobly. So you know they're right next to the nuclear power play up there.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Steadham, you know, we brought him into the NFL in the fourth round for the Patriots, and we have no problem. We got rid of him one, we have no problem taking them on again. Yeah, I know, I know, I know what to say. Said, Oh, you know a backup quarterback. You know they got a good shot against Patriots.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, yeah, said Anyways, you said Nick Foles social media post. I thought that was really funny nick Foles.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I seen it, I died laughing. Anyways, Will Campbell man, I get it. He's a rookie and all, but he is I mean, he's been just such an average tackle all year. You never see Drake scrambling left. He's always scrambling right. Why because the left side is always faltering. So you know my question about Will is you know, are we gonna keep going with this?
Speaker 1: Listen man, hot O line talk. Hot O line talk is my specialty. Listen, I think you're doing just fun. He's I mean the left side could be not as strong as you want. But he's a top two MVP candidate and he's put in big numbers, and Drake May is elusive. He finds his way out of those situations. I don't think the old line has been what's holding back to Patriots in any capacity. Maybe not what your expectation is, Rodney, But and it was on his list. When I screened that call.
Speaker 4: He said he wanted to ask you guys if you thought McDaniel was a good fit in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm biased, I guesse. I like Mike McDaniel. I know he's probably likes, but to me, a creative, offensive mind, I feel like that's what teams look for now. I like Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 4: I'd be good with Mendoza, Miami kid. I was thinking that, like scar facing Manny.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's speaking of Mendoza, let's let's let's talk tonight for a second. You got your national championship, Danny, here's a good thing for you as a Raiders fan, who you guys have alved but pretty much, I mean, you might as well start ordering your Mendoza jerseys unless something crazy happens, right.
Speaker 4: The Raiders have a suite there tonight because they said they want to get a good look at their future quarterback.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I think that's a really cool story, a great landing spot. It's about time the Raiders are relevant in that fashion again. Right, this is the biggest defensive battle that Mendoz will face. Miami is by far the best defense he's faced in college football. So I think it'll be interesting to see how he stacks up because how many times is it hard to assess it a college quarterback because they're playing defenses they're so much weaker what they'll ever face in the NFL. For the front of it, I think he's gonna light them up tonight. Well see, I'm just throwing that out.
Speaker 4: That speaking of hot O line, take can his O line? You know, give him time to make the throws he's going to need to make tonight.
Speaker 1: But you know what, Danny, it might be a good thing for you to want to see this guy under pressure at times, because anytime we've ever seen a quarterback just cruise through college and it looks like like a Johnny Men's l type where it looks like he's just playing school yard ball and just those guys haven't historically worked out, So I think it would be fun to see him with a challenge that I had a really good defense. If he could make some plays happen, you'll see what he's like with pressure.
Speaker 4: And then this quarterback class coming up in the draft is a little thin on the other side of the ball. Carson Beck, if he has a great game, he could move himself up some draft boards.
Speaker 1: And your boy Believe will be there watching Carson Beck. To me, seems like a guy that will be a really solid backup in the NFL. Do you see do you see a team really putting their stake in Carson Beck.
Speaker 4: He's gonna need some star receivers and players around him.
Speaker 1: But it looks like a goofball too, like something about him. I don't know. We say that about you every day. Yeah, just because you're a goofball doesn't stop you from being like his face Colin Coward, he doesn't have quarterback. Since he doesn't have quarterback, that's not the guy from my team doesn't have quarterback face. I listen, we have more coven on Rich. Yes, I was saying, Uh, Carson Beck looks like he'd play.
Speaker 5: An extra in a Beams buttead movie a skinny Pete in a Broadway rendition of Breaking Bad?
Speaker 1: How about that? Yeah, I didn't want to be mean, but he's not. He's got that face.
Speaker 5: He's got the similar skinny Pete face from Breaking Bad, so he could do it live on stage.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's your quarterback in the future. But you know what, we'll see tonight. We'll see tonight and uh, we'll talk that. And I don't have baseball thought a lot of baseball happening as well. So all that and more covene on Rich next right here on Fox Sports Radio. We need a contestant first, Rich, if you want to play last one Standing, we do it and we need your help at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. If you want to chime in and win a prize, we got a CNR on FSR nerve football right here on Fox Sports Radio right Craft Kings Sportsbook is an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Makes every playoff moment feel bigger. Ooh, I'm did terrible this past weekend. Hopefully I had better in the championship rounds. I said all underdogs who won, not all underdogs DraftKings has your back on early exit protection. This is cool for player and your eligible NFL prop pat Things lays down in the first half. Bets canceled, You get your you get paid in cash. So download the DraftKings sportsbook. Gapp use codes see our show. That's called See our Show. You turn five bucks into three hundred and bonus bets if your bet wins in partnership with DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 8: Gambling problem called one eight hundred. Gambler New York call eight seven seven eight hope in Why or text hope in Why. Connecticut call eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wager tax passed through may apply in Illinois twenty one plus in most states void in Ontario. Restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets, which expire in seven days. Minimum odds required. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co slash audio Limited time offer.
Speaker 1: Remember we talk about Fernando Mendoza on episode one twenty three of Over Promised, Yes, Over Promises Our Bonus pod Brand new episode one twenty four debut on Thursday. Catch them right here on our YouTube page. Covino and Rich FSSR as we rock out to some Green Day who are now doing the pre show for Super Bowl sixty because they're from that area, So props to them, big Green Day fan. I'm Covino, that is Rich, every everybody who was a Green Day fan in the nineties. Right, Sam is here, Danny g Spot Dan Byer live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Thank you guys for hanging out with us. For over forty years, ti rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tyraq dot Comway tire buying should be And have you ever wiped with a piece of dry toilet paper and wonder? This is awful? Does it get better?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: It does. Switch to life changing wet extra large fleshable Dude wipespeacause Wetter just cleans better, available Amazon and all major retailers. Dude Wipe's best clean pants down, pants down, and how I like it? It is time for the three words I dread all week long, all weekend long, as we do it every Monday. Last one standing.
Speaker 7: You have five seconds to battle for your sports trivia lot man. Put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge.
Speaker 1: It's CNRS.
Speaker 7: Last one standing.
Speaker 1: Last one standing, All right, old categories, ready to go.
Speaker 4: If needed a tie breaker, each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or answer incorrectly, I was Sam takes you out with this famous buzzer. I do not want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you win two of the rounds, you're the top dog. Here are the contestants. Twelve time winner Steve Cavino right there, let's go next to him, Eighteen time winner Rich Davis, and the champ is back.
Speaker 1: Thirty seven time winner Dan by Heyo, the only forty nine er who won this weekend d AC celebrated is forty ninth. Yeah, congrats to him.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the studio lines really quick. Here see who's playing for a CNR football. Derek in West Palm Beach, Florida was the first one through.
Speaker 1: Hey Derek, Hi Derek, what's heybody? Derek quickly, what do you do for living there in Florida? Serve strength?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm retired.
Speaker 1: I'm retired.
Speaker 4: Nice showing you show off. By the way, Spot is the fact checker this game. A lot of a lot of anxiety with him doing this, So be patience.
Speaker 1: He checks. Answers.
Speaker 4: Geez, here we go first category. A home is built with dreams. Oh, you have five. It's a famous quote. You have five seconds to nam an NFL team who has hosted the most playoff games in league history.
Speaker 1: Jury to take the.
Speaker 4: Top sixteen NFL teams who have hosted the most playoff games in league history. All right, Covino, you're gonna be up first as soon as the clock starts.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 6: Patriots Patriots number five with sixty one Rich forty nine Ers forty nine, Ers have sixty four at number four.
Speaker 1: Buyer Dallas Cowboys, Cowboys number one, sixty seven numero Oh no, Derek, Raiders. Raiders have forty five. Nice Coveno Eagles.
Speaker 6: Eagles have fifty six Rich Steelers. Steelers have sixty six and number two.
Speaker 1: On a roll.
Speaker 6: Buyer, Let's go Denver, Denver forty four towards the bottom of at number fifteen Derek Buffalo Bills have forty five back to Covino three two Rams have fifty.
Speaker 1: Eight nice good bull Rich Chiefs.
Speaker 6: Chiefs have forty eight Buyer New York Giants. Giants have fIF one Derek Raving.
Speaker 1: Ravens is on the list.
Speaker 6: Story to Cove Cults on the list with forty eight Rich Dolphins. Dolphins on the list at the bottom with forty three dB Pittsburgh.
Speaker 9: I said, oh you said it, yeah, yeah, three two what commanders, Yep, got it in forty six?
Speaker 1: Son of it would give them a lot of time. Huh, pull of Rich David anymore game? Okay, I'm gonna okay. This is getting under my skin, like he truly is.
Speaker 10: Like you give you a little name before he didn't text me on Saturday, like he waited, here's such a sore loser, and like did you hear the name when he goes, oh, he's got a forty nine er sort of weekend. By the way, as a Cavino guy, I'm totally stalling for Steve.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Two teams left three two the Packers we did not number three sixty five. It's one left three two Bears not on the left.
Speaker 1: The Browns. Was it the Browns? It's uh no, isn't well? Oh still had a turn?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no, no you You and Coveno both get a point there.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that's right. Uh So the last one left was the Minnesota Viking, which, by the way, I would have said Minnesota. I don't know why, but.
Speaker 1: You all right? My wow?
Speaker 4: All right, So Coveno and Buyer both on the board. We go to the second category. Right, write it and hold it up on a piece of paper. You have five seconds to name an NBA player who tops the list for most points scored in a single game. Going to take the top fifteen, all right, and we're going to start with Derek in Florida, right now, go.
Speaker 6: Well, Chamberlaine at number one from one hundred points, Fire, Kobe Cobey at number two with eighty one points, Rich, Michael Jordan Jordan had sixty nine points. Covino, Steph Curry, Steph.
Speaker 1: Curry not on the am Oh wow, sorry, yeah, our top. He just wanted to promote his new cartoonat Derek car Alone Carl alone, nonethless not top Buyer, David Robinsons yep, seventy one points yep, Rich came. I don't know why I think that. Did Donovan Mitchell have a huge game once? He did? Also had seventy one points?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I was like twenty twenty three fire Luca, Luca yep, seventy three points. January twenty four, rich Man three two, Dirk Nope, nonetheless now good Buyer walks off return dB come on thirty eighth victory in this game?
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: I would have I would have eventually stalled. I'm gonna blame injuries for my loss. But look at it this way. Dan Byer's like the Dodgers, Right, you gotta want to beat the guy. He's lovable, right, when nobody hates the Dodgers, Man, doesn't it make it more fun when it's someone you're trying to beat that was competitive? Doctor j wasn't on the list, was he? Uh no? No? Oh, give us a couple more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's see Lillard had seventy one, David Thompson's seventy three.
Speaker 1: Duncan on there.
Speaker 6: Tim Duncan is not on the list. Good, let's see Jannis had sixty four. Joel and beat Yeah, Joel and beat seventeen There enough, Shock is not on our top fifteen rounding at the bottom as Jerry West was sixty three.
Speaker 4: Right, and by the way, Derek and Florida, thank you, thank you for playing the game, dude, because job Derek, thank you for listening every day.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you. Thank you, Derek. And by the way, if you guys want to qualify for more prizes, we play games every day. Tomorrow is shock stopping Buyer Mahomes. I don't even know a disgruntled Mahomes'. Cruntled Mahomes shoy boy show boy Mahomes will be here giving away prizes doing trivia. But you can always leave a review on Apple podcasts and if Danny g emails you will hook you up. All right, so follow the podcast, leave a review and thank you guys for playing along. There. He is the Grand Pooba, the champion with your update, Dan Byer, all right, fellas.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, they're likely to bring Eric Bonemy back as their offensive coordinator, Bears running backs coach. Speaking with the Chiefs today, NFL inside Jordan Schultz says that the enemy will be back as Matt Nagy's not going to return. Naggy in line to possibly be the next head coach of the Tennessee Titans, interviewing with the team today. They also interviewed Robert Sala Titans. We're gonna speak with Jeff Hafley. He's the next head coach of the Miami Dolphins, according to reports, just finalizing a deal is he'll take couple for Ocdaniel.
Speaker 1: In South Florida.
Speaker 3: Big news of the day was the Bills fired head coach Sean McDermott after nine seasons with the team. The Bills promoted GM Brandon Bean to be the team's president of football operations. Seahawks lost running back Zach Charboney for the rest of the season and possibly the start of next season because of a torn acl suffered in that win against the forty nine Ers. On Saturday, Denver Broncos opened up the twenty one day practice window for running back JK Dobbins. Speaking of the NBA bunch of games on this MLK Day, including in New York, where the MAVs are routing the Knicks eighty four to fifty four right now, three minutes gone by in the third quarter. The Spurs are on top of the Jazz eighty three seventy one as they play in San Antonio. Five minutes left to go in the third quarter, Clippers survived against the Wizards one ten, one oh six bucks Edge. The Hawks won twelve to one ten, and the marquee game of the day, Thunder routed the Cavs one thirty six to one oh four. Shay Gilders Alexander thirty points, chet Holm good and chipped in twenty eight guys.
Speaker 1: Back to you, Oh thank you, Dan Bayer, the Grand Champion and the birthday boy. All right, we got more Kavin on rich baseball thub, we got let's take one little time out from football. We'll talk college football tonight. And again, I have a theory on Bellinger. That's really I think he's a different factory. I'll explain. We do that next here on C and R. So you're thinking Ali Larder or the daughter. What are you thinking? It's a big debate. Oh, I'm sorry, we're talking land Man. The daughter. I watched the daughter is like, well into her, she's like twenty eight years old. That's not creepy. Spot Kavino show. Be the scene where the hot daughter goes to college and her roommates. I'm like, wacko. Yeah, so like non binary, like and I remember being like, whoa who is that? And Kavino's like, well, the big debate is the daughter or mom. Danny g knows what we're talking about. He's been promoting Landman since day one. Finally caught up. But it's all the buzz. Only took you guys a year. You know what? Did you watch his or hers on Netflix? That's all the buzz. Fernando Mendoza. Tonight, Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio, our show sponsored by DraftKings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA. Right now, use promo code cr show to claim your special offer at DraftKings again as promo codes cr show for Covino and Rich Show. At DraftKings, the crown is yours and facing a peak season, looking for a new team member. Workforce solutions from Express Employment Pros makes hiring p here. Visit expresspros dot com to find an office and see how Express can help you hire smarter and faster. I all you laugh, because I wonder if anybody aside from us knows that when I go easy. That's cousin Bruce, who used to do that. Cousin Brucey is an East Coast radio legend, and when you would do commercials, he would always say easy, they made flour covering easy. Shout out to cousin Bruce Shout out to him, Shout out to you for hanging out with us again. Covino and Rich everything at Covino and Rich and follow at Fox Sports Radio and at Monci Blanios because I know she's putting together a video of who's gon to win tonight, Who's gonna win to win tonight Miami or Indiana. You could hear it or watch it at Fox Sports Radio, at Monzy Bolanos on social media. I think she's making sure there's a filter that are you can you don't recommends filters on his videos? Yeah, to make part of my contract. So tonight National Championship. There's nothing else we could say other than Fernando on display against the toughest defense. Will see Raiders fans especially are gonna be locked Danny, You're gonna watch us like a Raiders game. Oh hell yeah. Not only are Raiders fans locked in? Like Danny g said, aren't they meeting with coaches there? Like doesn't Tom Brady have a move. He's taken meetings there with potential head coaches. They're all there watching Tom Brady to play little reindeer games, like all right, if you were his coach, what would you do on this second and three? Like hey, fresh, shout of downs if you were coaching him. But he's not joking that. The report is they are all there watching and meeting with potential coaches. Hey pressures on one baseball noe because we're big baseball guys and we can't Tony it. I love MLBA. I'm a big Mets fan. Cavino's a Yankees fan. Danny, you're a Dodgers guy. There's not a show that embraces baseball more than we do. Props to the odd couple. Rob loves his baseball, for sure. I mean that is true. He is the MLB bro. But still, besides him, I feel like this Cody Bellinger piece, wherever it falls to me, is so telling, meaning the Mets who let a few good players go. But the Mets were all about a culture change, right, get rid of Nemo, get rid of McNeil, get rid of Alonzo. But you forget they bring in Polonko Simeon Now Bobaschett. If the Mets get Bellinger, then they're competing. I think you look at it as like they're trying to compete with the Dodgers, who clearly have a step up on everyone. But if the Mets got Bellinger, the Mets look like that's a pretty good lineup. If you told me your line up at Lindor Soto, Bellinger, Boshett vient Dos Polonkos, Marcus Simeon. If he doesn't go to Mets, if he goes to the Yankees, then the Yankees retain a guy that they wanted. But yeah, they don't want to lose. But if the Yankees don't get Bellinger, the conflict. They want seven years. Teams like the Yankees only want to give them five, but Bellinger. It's what's interesting to me is that the Yankees have historically been known as the team that gets the guy. If the Yankees don't get Bellinger, that means the Yankees have put up nothing in the offseason, and that's not the Yankee fans don't like that. You have to ask yourself this with the Dodgers making these moves and they're clearly the team to beat, right whoever gets Bellinger is truly proving to everybody that they're in it to compete and they really want to win. Someone hass that the Mets, is that the Yankees. We're gonna find out. We're saying someone he's the difference makee not saying someone beats the Dodgers. But whoever gets Bellinger is really saying, we're willing to pay this guy, probably overpaying for seven years. We're willing to do everything we can to compete with the Dodgers. And you know what I heard. The Phillies have entered the conversation. The Phillies have entered the conversation for Bellinger. But Yankees, Blue Jays, Mets teams are teams are just trying to get a sniff of what the Dodgers have right, and whoever fails on this just finds themselves like, well, let's see now, No, this is the difference maker. He's the difference maker. We'll see what happens. Enjoy the game tonight and join us tomorrow for show Boy Mahomes Trivia Perfect. We'll see you guys. Then there may be and promised land. Goodbye, guys,