Speaker 1: Now, the Shotgun Starting Golf is full of mathematics. There's a lot of setup work that we have to do in order to make a tournament work. So I'm going to demonstrate to you just exactly how we do a shotgun start here and.
Speaker 2: We all right, alright, all right, did no man darn your.
Speaker 3: Grudy to welcome to a Saturday edition of The Shotgun Start. It is April eleventh, Andy, how we doing.
Speaker 2: Brendan, I'm doing fantastic. I gotta say it is. The Master's always delivers here. We thought we might have a sleepy weekend and you know, twenty four hours later we're talking here. It's a dead heat there. There are a lot of a lot of names on the board that have a chance to get a green jacket tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a fabulous, fabulous moving day. You know, we talked about it going to be you know, everybody kind of stalled out trying to track down Rory. Rory opened some doors, for sure, opened some big doors at Amen Corner, opened the door at one. But also like those guys just went and got it. There were some sixty fives from Scotty and most notably Cameron Young, who's now tied for the lead, much to pj's delight, he came, you know, just giddily bouncing into the media center of the Press Building as they call it here from from fourteen after he had officially made his run. A fabulous Saturday with that set up, what could be just you know, even greater Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you always wonder how the setup's going to be. What type of setup, you know, rewards chasers, gives chasers a better chance, whether it's harder or a little bit you know, more gettible. I think, you know, Augusta Nationals set it up to be gettible. And the thing was Rory came out of the gates not with his best stuff. Who knows, maybe he was a little tight a little bit, you know kind of I think this is the thing we see with Rory, particularly at Augusta, just kind of you know, toggling between especially with this year history becoming this the you know, a back to back winner, and you know, he toggles between this freedom and in this you know, kind of dealing with the moment. And it's a golf course that has this very thin line and everybody went out and got it and Rory didn't get it out and get it today.
Speaker 3: Maybe as you know, a newly crowned you know, he's a Master's champion, he's a jacket jacket wearer now, maybe just asn't ambassador for the tournament, he wanted to put a little more intrigue into the into the proceedings. Took a dive there to get more people involved. No, I highly doubt that was the case. What were you more surprised by Rory's round, like really opening he shot seventy three when there was a lot of you know, sixty seven sixty five, not a lot, but there were that was out there. Were you more surprised by that? Or Cameron Young rocketing up the leaderboard to tie the lead after you may or may not have called him a house cat or did you just call him house cat behavior on seventeen sixteen.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think I mislabeled that today. I think he's he's he's not moved into the category of young lion young where you know he can get batted in the nose and you know power, But you know, he roared back today and I think the what was more surprising. I think I was really surprised with how many guys went out and just shot really great scores to rocket up the leader board. And I think Rory the writing was on the wall of hey, he's been driving it really poor. And I think with how prodigious and how exceptional he's been off the tee all of his career, you I think you just subliminately thought like, Okay, he's had two bad days off the tee.
Speaker 3: It'll come, it'll come, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: It just seems like, you know, today was like a good example coming home. It's it's like he hits the bad drive on thirteen, he gets the really bad break with the you know, the the pole.
Speaker 3: The pole or whatever, the little.
Speaker 2: Pop, but then he has a great drive on fourteen, great drive on fifteen, and you stand on seventeen teen and you're like, okay, maybe he's going to string you know, a series of great drives together to finish, and he just it doesn't seem like he can hit those, you know, six to eight consecutive great T shots. And then you know he's watching Sam Burns Burn hit great T shots all day long. I think Sam Burn, you know, Cameron Young and Scottie I think probably two most impressive rounds today but Cam Sam Burns I thought was sensational today. It brings us to our first storyline that nobody's talking about Burns' is eyeing of promotion. It seemed like he he is, he is close to you know, he made a lot of progress today and the investigation of the racketeering investigation. He's trying to bring Macklroy down and I think I think he made a lot of progress there. But Sam Burns, Deputy Sam is looking to become the lieutenant. He was so like everybody's gonna talk about Cam Young.
Speaker 3: I think that's the most surprising route that Like he's in that big spot, the last group of the day with the defending champion that's six ahead, and he both just went straight through, just head down, like straight through.
Speaker 2: I think there were some weak putts coming down the stretch and I think that's I think he's this he's this great putter, but I think there's a tendency to not be as great of a putter when when they really matter. But you know, a couple of week putts coming down the stretch, but man, he was so good Tea to Green and I think off the te you know, he has a tendency to hit some foul balls, and he's a little one dimensional with the you know, he just hits the fade. But he was so good today. I was super impressed with him, and he was doing what Rory can't hasn't been able to do this week, which is just get the ball and.
Speaker 3: Play some stress free some at least less stress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and then you know, today with Rory, the thing is is that when he did get the ball and play, the iron play was really bad. You know, he hit some bad iron shots.
Speaker 3: Some from you know, short wedges, like like fourteen and made a birdie, but that wasn't like a great, great weg shot for where he was, you know, thirteen after it hit the pole the wedge shot there, I mean that's a tricky shot, but I mean he rocketed that through the green. He was a little little He shot at six. He shot at six, just misses the wrong side.
Speaker 2: You think about the Part three, he missed three of the four Part three greens he missed. He missed four left, six left, twelve left, and then sixteen. He pulled it just slightly with that right pin off the target. But like I always think par threes kind of show how you're striking the ball. Yeah, and he was. He was really bad on par three today. And I think, you know, listen, it's kind of crazy. You look at this leader board. Cameron Young opens with a seventy three, goes sixty seven sixty.
Speaker 3: Five, opens in forty, goes out in forty.
Speaker 2: Goes out in forty, seventy three, sixty seven sixty five, Rory goes sixty seven, sixty five, seventy three. You know, they have an identical three rounds of scores, just in different sequential order, sets up awesome final pairing number two, number three in the world, and a just a host of chasers that are elite, world class players. I mean, I think you look at this and it's like those last three t times at last four because Scott he's in there, awesome, awesome tea times obviously, howtong Lee all over the place.
Speaker 3: He's going all white today after the toilet troubles of the prior day. It's a bold choice, how tonly.
Speaker 2: I was talking with a patron, Yeah, you imagine like the first t after what he went through on on on Thursday night into Friday morning and being like, Okay, I'm gonna try and walk around here.
Speaker 3: Facing people and like the most high profile spot. Yeah it's Jakey. You're getting at something interesting, Like Rory talks about how these you know, he wins tournaments in fourteen holes, like last year, right, I won that tournament in fourteen it's did his did that stretch just come at this like nice clean break of the thirty six hole mark, and all of a sudden, you think, so that requires this sort of judgment that you're you're the greatest thirty six hole lead in history, and maybe you know that in prior years, or that would have just come in the middle of the third second round or the first five holes last year of his third round, right Saturday round. This just got this nice clean break right where you go to the midpoint and he's six clear, and he's the defending champ, and you know he had his bad day today, but there's not a lot to look if anyone can like below a six shot league to say and just still be the favorite, so to speak, and not have you feeling like, oh my god, there he has zero chances. It's Rory would be one of those people. I don't know that he has to feel super confident after the way you talked about he was hitting it, but you know, the six shot league's gone. I don't know that. I'm not certainly not putting him in the bin, the rubbish bin. Like he's definitely I'd say he's probably the favorite to win still, but he's one of the few people that could go out and do that and it just happened. So happened to come at this like clean break of the overnight rest in the thirty six Hold Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think it goes back to it's what Harry said to him after seventy two. Hold yeesh, Sure is the same sitch here this today is Hey, Bud, we'd have taken the taken this position at on Wednesday at the start of the week or Monday at the start of the week. We would have taken being tied for the lead with the number three player in the world going into Sunday. And I think what's fascinating though, is is you start to see, like, you know, he needed to play two good rounds and it would have been nobody's gonna catch him if he plays two solid rounds of golf. In a solid round of golf today would have been a sixty nine, the way it was playing, the way the course was set up, no wins, some gettable pins. My question is like, if he shoots sixty eight tomorrow, is it is he? Does he get it done?
Speaker 3: I mean Camyon's like, you know, Vinnie Johnson, the microwave man out there, so you don't know could Camyon he's starting even with him. I don't think Cam is gonna shoot sixty five again, but I could certainly see him shooting sixty eight to match the number you talked about, and maybe sixty seven to better it.
Speaker 2: PJ.
Speaker 3: What are you writing down?
Speaker 2: PJ?
Speaker 3: You want to talk about your experience following Cameron?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: He goes you know it starts at four.
Speaker 2: Was worried the live show wasn't going to happen today because we were gonna lose our PJH. Yeah, we were waiting for you to get in campus Slam young fan?
Speaker 3: Did he get lost? Down a name and corner?
Speaker 2: There is a big contingent of Cam young fans out there. Are you the head of the Cam Young fan Club?
Speaker 4: I said to the the unnamed person I was walking with that this he got so many cheers going from eleven Green to twelve t people were like standing and I was like, Wow, this didn't used to happen.
Speaker 3: This is kind of bad for everybody.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know. It always happening way too quickly. It was great. I was just merely writing down that you said he wouldn't shoot a sixty five again, just making it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was saying that the I say likely he wouldn't shoot a sixty just you know, make it notes it was. It was a compliment, suggests that sixty eight might not be enough for okay, I mean he could shoot you four like the either side.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was great. I did not plan to even remotely watch Cameron Young at all today.
Speaker 2: I loved we were dividing up who everybody was gonna go with today, and and PJ just out of the blues, like, you know what I'd like to go with? Got her up and Kopka into which KVV is just like sure, sounds GOODJ have fun totally.
Speaker 3: On your time at the Ryder Cup when you followed what was that match?
Speaker 4: Griffin Hog? But that turned out to be the greatest experience of my life.
Speaker 3: Some QT with Davis Love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me and my best friend DL three.
Speaker 3: Got her up. I guess by the way, got her up. No Below called him a burly boy on the broadcast The Burley Chris got her up. I love that now. I love that terminology from from Frank So Cameron turned it turned in the Route of the week. So far Scottie Scheffler matched him. He's out earlier though still has I am we're gonna do contender.
Speaker 2: Pretender is cams around the week, Scheffler's Round of the Week or Rory's Round of the week right now? Or is it to be determined on who wins?
Speaker 3: Depends on who wins.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll hand up right now. Very afraid of scott Shuffler. That man is in a position to strike.
Speaker 3: Well, he's getting mudballs and gustl.
Speaker 4: Well, do we want to get to that storyline.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the storyline. Nobody's talking about it. Everybody's talking about Scotty's round, which was a complete striped.
Speaker 3: Show, incredible and I think he gained five and a half shots on approach lost marginally off the tee.
Speaker 2: But it has this department been defunded because there were still there still issues. They were to activated city council take care of. He needed to take care of.
Speaker 3: He after his round, you know, somebody asked him like, could it have been more? And he goes, that's a stupid question. Dumb question, next question. But I answered to his credit, he sort of was like, you know, I shouldn't have ragged on you that way. But then he talked about he got a mudball at thirteen. Talk to Amanda about this on the ballot.
Speaker 4: All out to say that for context.
Speaker 3: Well he said it, yeah, I know, I mean this was also a speak. You know, he had his little bottologue about that a year ago. You're not supposed to talk about it, but you get mudballs here. By the way, has it rained here all week?
Speaker 2: I think it's rained twice in the last month.
Speaker 3: Incredibly dry, Yeah, whole like first quarter for Georgia. That is the wetter part of the course. You know, it's it's sort of you know, shaded, and it's all the way down at the hill. He got gusted on fifteen fifteen got gusted on, which would.
Speaker 2: Down wind gust down gus.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was there was no wind out there today.
Speaker 4: Really not not not much.
Speaker 2: There was my conversation with Beg, you know, which I guess they Beg didn't do John Houston proud.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Houston. We don't have a problem anymore.
Speaker 2: Houston, we don't have a problem.
Speaker 4: No updated graphic for that one, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Beg was talking actually how he thinks it's tougher when there's variable winds, light variable winds, because then you don't really know what's going on up there and the margins so tight versus like when it's going fifteen, like you know what's happening when it's like ever present at a at a similar pace.
Speaker 3: But what I hear is he's back in the blue.
Speaker 4: He's try.
Speaker 2: T Scott, Scott. He might have gotten gusted. I'm just trying to add some color that that there might be sub credence to what he's saying where he just like, you don't know what's up there, and then it hits it when it gets above a bit.
Speaker 3: I understand, I understand, all right.
Speaker 2: You know it could have been that he just was playing playing safe and hit a shot a little too far.
Speaker 4: How dare you that's fair?
Speaker 2: Because he hid in the water yesterday. Well he hit along yesterday, so he also.
Speaker 3: Got that that like kick that kick. Yeah, it wasn't like he scented miles long. He got the kick that he you know, doesn't always happen.
Speaker 2: Is Scotty? Is Scotty the most terrifying man on the board?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean he basically just has to do can't lay a can't lay? Which what does that mean? House cat? House cat watch Patrick. Can't Lay is on his way to the most fraudulent top five and master's history.
Speaker 3: The storyline right Wikipedia yellow is for can't lay. He goes seventy seven, sixty seven, sixty six. Guy hasn't done anything, you know. He last time he won was twenty two, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: I think him and but he just brothers brothers an arm four years and four years since the last went.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh so, I feel like Can't Lay is like the king of the fraudulent top five here, he's.
Speaker 3: Got the one in nineteen.
Speaker 4: I think he's just king of the fraudulent the top five anywhere.
Speaker 3: I think he's only got like two top tens here at a gust So one was twenty nineteen and the other.
Speaker 2: Was he was in the mix a couple of years.
Speaker 3: He's only got one top ten here it was a teen nine and twenty nineteen. That's it.
Speaker 4: Are you thinking of Pinehurst where he walked outside for the first time?
Speaker 3: He legit he had the chance there, So he's going for a yellow. He's going to have a yellow. Scotty is probably the most terrifying person on the board. If you're we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: If you're if you're not young In McElroy, Well.
Speaker 3: Let's just do contender pretender right now?
Speaker 2: Oh man, you want to contender pretender?
Speaker 4: Right? Go nuts?
Speaker 3: Should we do it? I mean, is Scotty Shuffler a contender? Let's go there, all right? Scotti Scheffler is currently seven under. He's four shots behind Cameron Young Roy McElroy, ahead of Burns, Lowry Day Rose.
Speaker 2: And that's it. I am. I'd be terrified about Scotty Shuffler. He shot seventy the first round, very hard conditions, hardest conditions. It didn't really make anything in that round. Yeah, he called a shot yesterday, he said, a good one, a good one, a good round, a really good rounds coming. And then he goes out and shoots his sixty five. It is totally conceivable, you know, say he shoots sixty six tomorrow, which is totally in the cards. Six hunder. He gets to thirteen thirteen, can win this turn.
Speaker 3: Totally in the cards. I mean he didn't, you know, I want to talk about thirteen fifteen a little bit, Like didn't Burty either of those. But those holes are different beasts this week. It's kind of amazing. Yeah, they're they're they're getting them this week. I mean, Adam Scott spoke about it a little bit. He said, you know, it's really tricky, like he said thirteen, you know that the plates or the markers have been back a little bit into the wind. They don't always do that. Scotty said something similar fifteen. Uh, He's like, you know, there's literally no par five like it right and it's so firm right now. And because it's so firm, the layup shot even that kind of messes with you. It's absolute gozone is what he called. Fifteen is the go zone. But it scares the shit out of you because he didn't say that in those terms because it is so firm right now. But the third shot for both hold on.
Speaker 2: I just want to I think a bunch of people that aren't at the golf course are saying that it's not firm.
Speaker 3: Fifteen has been in the go zone. But the green is firm, so it's just stress. But you don't want to lay up because you've got a wedge in there with a hard green. So we've heard firm and hard green. It's just a hard hole.
Speaker 2: But it's Scott knows what a firm golf course.
Speaker 3: No, we mentioned yes, so it's just a hard holes.
Speaker 2: Play masters a fair amount.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's been here. It's just interesting to hear hole described as in the go zone. But I also use the word stress and really hard, he said, the weather because it's so firm. The fans love it, the players hate it. But the three nines on Thursday on that hole, I don't know any par five like it.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: So and he said the same about thirteen. It's trickier for sure this year. You're standing back on the big side slope. This is the approach of the second shot and your way, and you're waiting up like you're laying up. I'm sure that's a TYPEO. Like a lot of holes here, it's a huge risk, big reward, huge risk. There are a lot of them, but you're just so farther back on that side slope. Now that it's a massive decision off the tee. Scotti had a similar similar you know, someone was asking about the tea doesn't feel different? He said, they want to give guys an opportunity to go for that green. They said, it was not typical that the Barkers would be so far back down into the wind. There's only a handful of guys in the field that can actually get around that corner and order to get the ball in the green. And two they asked them, like, has the tea moved at all to the left, which would be a new one for us. He goes, I don't know that they moved at the left or lean the trees in could be one or the other. Do you know the answer to the question, No, he doesn't know. It starts laughing. So there's definitely thirteen and fifteen are just not this like, oh, we're gonna mark that one up like it's a do we actually talk to someone today? Like do you feel like there's sort of this mythical the board is sort of lying, like the cameon is sort of lying to you because because Rory still hasn't gone to thirteen or fifteen or the guys behind him, I think that's sort of been mitigated or whittled down this year thirteen and fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they, I mean, they certainly aren't gimmes anymore. The back tee on thirteen has restored some of that, you know, momentous decision. You know, it's funny. I actually ran into I was just sitting in the UH in one of the patron galleries in a chair on six a couple of days ago, and I said, and the guy next to me saw me taking notes, and you know, we started talking. And he's from Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Speaker 4: Do you know.
Speaker 2: What what Master's a figure of Master's lore is from Fayetteville, North Carolina town.
Speaker 3: I've been through Fayetteville many times, but I don't know what Master's character is from Fayetteville.
Speaker 2: Chip Back, oh, Chipper, and I talked about this guy was I think he was friends with chip Back? Like he did, you know, because we started talking about chip Back and he goes, you know, I've talked to Chip about about laying up on fifteen. He had this you know, he laid up when when Bernie Longer won from two thirty six and he was a shorter hitter and he had three wood in and he laid up. But so he said, you know, Chip got killed for it. It really hurt him. But Chips told me he didn't have that shot. He was standing over and he didn't have the shot, but wasn't.
Speaker 3: The point was like he was down a good chunk because there's four holes left. I mean there's only four holes.
Speaker 2: He said, I didn't have the shot. And I think, like what you're seeing this is it's putting people in a pretzel. It's not to Chip backs level. All these guys have the shot from two thirty six. Yeah, right, and on thirteen. More importantly, you're seeing guys have a lot harder shot than they have grown accustomed to into that green because of A the win and B it's just the how severe it is when you're further back. You know where they were pushing the ball up to was flat. And this can we can bring this to another storyline is talking about just to add to a bow on it.
Speaker 3: The two guys who shot sixty five's today played those two holes in even park combined just to put a bow on it. So like sixty five out going crazy.
Speaker 2: Two guys that shot sixty five played those two par five's won over because Cam Young Bogie. But so anyways, it brings us to a storyline our colleague get Frida golf Will Knights. Is he the new is he the new rival for Phil?
Speaker 3: So good Will has just mixed it up and Phil's mentions before and Phil gets a gift.
Speaker 4: This is I actually would like to rephrase the statement you just made. Phil is mixing it up in Wills.
Speaker 3: What was the first one when he finished forever about Scotty will win again or something?
Speaker 4: Was the one who got the Scotty won't win again until the Ryder Cup discourse cooked up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he kind of let him down that alley way, did he? And Phil responded that was his response.
Speaker 4: Philip Phillien's was like, oh, we'll see how the rider cups goes.
Speaker 3: So what happened with this one? So so, uh you said no putts?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, Bill said there were no eagle putts, like you know, tweeted about the role. It was an anti rollback take, and then Will corrected him that there were six eagle putts Woodland. He listened off all the names of people who had eagle putts, and then Phil goes back, My point still stands there's only six. So Will Will and Phil getting getting after it, he might be the new Tiger.
Speaker 3: I love that, love that mixing it up with Phil, Phil who seems to just think his first tweet like is it there in the thread? He said, yeah, right, So I said a few. That's another good one. So thirteen and fifteen playing trap more challenge, Scotty is a contender. Unequivocally a contender?
Speaker 2: Is how tong Lee a contender?
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 3: I have some real questions after watching that shot into fifteen? They asked him, like what happened? Because yeah, just some negative thoughts between my backs. Somehow something clicked. I don't know, Yeah, very disappointed. Do you think like like barely got off the ground right in and dribbler into the pond?
Speaker 2: Legitimate question? How tongue Lee was flying high? Do you think he ran out of gas? Like legitimately he had a one percent whoop recovery score? Yeah that on Friday night, Like I always feel like you get hit by like you know if I have one percent recovery score from a hangover, yeah, I'm usually getting hit The day after is when I'm like, oh god, this is like I can't believe this has getting me again today. Do you think that he he ran out of gas figurative and literally literally today or the moment got to him.
Speaker 3: I I'll say he ran out of gas because the guy doesn't. The guy seems so oblivious to the moment. There was something apparently like I think he played with Girard, this might be from Joseph, and like he just hadn't played, he knew he was in it for the first time in twenty nineteen, hadn't played, hadn't come here at all, like, oh, first time, and people like wait, what, I think his first round was Tuesday? Like, didn't didn't play a single hole here, Like I just don't think he's just a goofball.
Speaker 2: Is he's the best golf Remember at the President's Cup at Royal Melbourn where they had to bench They had to bench him because he was not listening to the supposed to strategy advice.
Speaker 3: Are we really trying to win this coach Ernie, Like he was just sort of there to play.
Speaker 2: Like whatever, under no circumstance hit driver on the first hole. It's how tough he gets in the lineup and hits driver.
Speaker 3: He seems just oblivia. So I don't think the moment got to him. I just think he ran out of gas. Negative thoughts in the backswing not a good place to have negative thoughts. Contender or pretender?
Speaker 2: Though for how well and astute twitter follower pointed out, I'm trying to find find who it was here. He it was the burns Burner who must have been celebrating today, the Sam burns Burner, Scotty and how Tongue prematch of the final pairing at Port Rush. Will how Tong get his revenge? This is this was a late submission for storyline nobody's talking about. Do you think how Tong gets his revenge? Is he a pretender? A contender or pretender?
Speaker 3: I mean versus are we giving this head to head against Scotty. I'm gonna take Scotty Shuffler. If that's like the question, I'm gonna go pretender. I don't see Rory slipping the green jacket on how Tom Lee tomorrow night. I just don't see it.
Speaker 2: I think he's a pretender, pretender, Scotty. The shot of the shot on fifteen, among a few other shots coming down the stretch, foiled mister Lee's chances.
Speaker 3: But you know what, full credit to the guy who's just was glued to the toilet for you know, this entire Thursday night, and you know he's still in one of the final groups. He's gone seventy one sixty nine six credit to the.
Speaker 2: Guys battling, battling without there being one. Are you more impressed with how tong at T seven or more calm?
Speaker 3: More a coward? Come on, morikwa. It's like he just doesn't have his legs and trying to figure it out with the back that he doesn't know what what he has? Incredible sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Or Brian Campbell hitting a seventy at T twenty one, third third entrance.
Speaker 4: There, Brian, Brian camp was legitimately incredible.
Speaker 3: All right, So how to on?
Speaker 2: I think somebody should go track Campbell tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: We're suggesting Cameron y PJ will put you you can't follow Cameron, sorry, you have to do Campbell duty. You can't do it.
Speaker 4: Follow Cameron today and it worked.
Speaker 3: He peeled off. Yeah, I mean that was the thing we started the day. We're like, you know, who do we follow himongst These guys just playing for second kind of thing, and here we are to borrow with just a multitude of options. Cameronyon and Roy McRoy are both contenders. I don't think we will do picks to win. Maybe at the end of this seam burns after what we saw today, he's one shot.
Speaker 2: Skipped over so many guys. We're going to go through.
Speaker 4: Remove Okay, I thought we were going top down.
Speaker 2: Well we started at the bottom.
Speaker 3: Well we're bouncing around. There's no playing here. This is a shot gun start. Would you want to go bottom?
Speaker 4: To the fans I had, I had a fan stop me today said he loved the pt I soundbar and wish you followed directions more.
Speaker 3: I can't. I mean, I don't have the.
Speaker 4: We we agree on what we're putting on it, and then we just you know.
Speaker 2: There's talking here man, and we don't know where the what the agenda is? You build the agenda you never saw.
Speaker 4: I asked what the agenda is, and then and then we put it.
Speaker 3: You know what, we'll tell you, We'll just read it.
Speaker 2: Just strip just go down the strips. I'm just telling you people like that, you're seven and just bounced around.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll just start writing.
Speaker 2: Hey, PJ, you know scoring, you know what you can you can do next time? Why don't you mounted TV up over there and we can go, so we can.
Speaker 4: I actually am working on a program on it there for next year. It's actually in work.
Speaker 3: All you want to go bottom up or top done? What do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Well, let's go bottom up? I like all right approach from going all right?
Speaker 3: Can't they We're just now yellow? No?
Speaker 4: No, no?
Speaker 2: What about what about p at six?
Speaker 4: Pete?
Speaker 2: Honestly was p or Rory more disappointing today?
Speaker 4: Pee?
Speaker 3: A fair question?
Speaker 2: I would take pe Peace got out of the gates with three birdies. I mean, you know what, we already brought this up with how tong being worn out, running out of gas. Here's a storyline nobody's talking about. P Reid was doing a sponsor obligation on Friday night of the Masters. This is out late. Uh you know, Chad Mom, you know, I don't know what his title is anymore at pro Shop. I know he's the co host of the Vanity Index. Is doing a sit down interview with p Reid at the Vistaget House on Friday night. The guy is in the second to last group of you know, I know the guy didn't have a hat sponsor, but this is something I would say, you know what this doesn't happen. This doesn't happen on Friday night.
Speaker 3: With the Masters.
Speaker 2: You could do this on Tuesday night, on Wednesday night, but it can't happen on Friday night of the Masters.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 4: Well, it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Looks like he ran out of gas here he'sriving.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I would say Rory's seventy three is probably more disappointed.
Speaker 4: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't agree there nobody was shooting. Look at nobody was shooting over part of that.
Speaker 2: Do you think Rory should o seventy three for us content makers?
Speaker 3: Maybe just get us in the grips of A. Maybe we needed another documentary or more films, more content for A that's.
Speaker 2: A historyline nobody's talking about. Did he do this for his.
Speaker 4: Fire thor needs part too?
Speaker 2: Fire is desperate for cop I think like I think Roy's round is more shocking.
Speaker 3: They're just whatever word you want to play it. But yeah, pee, super disappointing.
Speaker 4: Of all the people to escort themselves to the periphery. I'm not saying he's out. I'd still say contender issue. What is p is first on the list of people I would I think would never do that. I can't imagine. I cannot imagine P playing himself.
Speaker 3: So you're saying a seventy seventy three from Tommy Fleet? What was more expected for you.
Speaker 4: That I would call a lockhammer fire?
Speaker 2: Pee Reid was just a seventy Can I just point out why P can't be a contender, Why.
Speaker 4: He's got to jump nine guys?
Speaker 2: If he shoots sixty three, he gets to thirteen. Yeah, which we are saying is possible. He's isn't the lowest file round in the Master's sixty four?
Speaker 3: I think it's sixty The course record is sixty three, and it hasn't been done since Norman the opening round in ninety six. Yeah, not going to.
Speaker 2: Do that probably. I just sixty four. I don't think twelve gets it done. I think the highest possible score that gets it done is thirteen. I think realistically, if you're a content, if you're in the mix, you gotta be thinking, can I get to fourteen or fifteen?
Speaker 4: I think that's fair. Even more than I just cannot believe he played himself.
Speaker 2: Out I shot, especially how he started Bertie's the first three holes.
Speaker 3: Well it went from Roy's up six to Roy's up two thanks to p I mean he Roy gave one away at one, but it was like six to two real fast because Patrick gree went the deputy got himself in racing.
Speaker 2: Out of the gates.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're going pretender for Patrick se upgrade him to lieutenant.
Speaker 4: We got it, we got it. We gotta hold the line for tomorrow. And I am a deputy fan here. We gotta hold the linett.
Speaker 2: I think Scott he's carrying the lieutenant bar that he gets in his pocket for after after the round.
Speaker 4: Got him on the shoulder. Put that on real quick. I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that a lot up piece of piece of pretender. I'm not taking anybody at six. Uh seriously, that's at all.
Speaker 3: I think that's fair. Can't they read? And can't they read? And Henley are the six?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: How to on pretender? Scotty contender Rose. Let's go to the eights. Rose and Jay Day both at eight under three back from the lead. Right now, Rory and cam Rose and Day contender pretender at eight under.
Speaker 2: These are two lions. I was I was scoffed at on Thursday when I put when I put, Jason, you know what we've learned? Are you kidds more.
Speaker 3: Of Aliant than like, honestly, I know Justin Rose.
Speaker 4: Like one, He's not more of a lion than Justin Roses.
Speaker 3: He's played better golf. He's peaked way higher than just than Rose has both of them in the world.
Speaker 2: You know what, you and Joseph need to go watch some Jason Day highlights because the Jason Day slander this week has been off the charts.
Speaker 4: It's that slander.
Speaker 3: You know who finished runner up in the two eleven Masters when Rory was yanking into the Cabins. We talked about Rory's outcome there j Day first ever and that was like he's just been a top five machine at the Masters.
Speaker 2: That that was.
Speaker 3: That was fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I think, like, realistically, for you, peag, if Cameron Young's career is as good as Jason Days, you'll be the happiest man.
Speaker 4: In the world. Does he have to win a PGA.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm telling you he was. He was the first, Like, he's the first guy who approximated Tiger Wood's golf.
Speaker 2: Was it for seven months? That was the thing, dude, that was the thing.
Speaker 3: It wasn't for like seven years, but this was like a dominant stretch of like Tiger Wood's golf for seven months and now he's still doing it as a lion.
Speaker 4: I just I think I think Justin Rose is way more my life.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I've Justin Rose has been way more relevant in the last I don't discount that. I don't discount that. But Jason Day was absolutely the better player at the peak of his powers than Justin Rose.
Speaker 4: So we're not giving anything for like the last five years.
Speaker 2: All right. So here's what I'm gonna say, Peach, I'm saying that Justin Rose is a pretender. Wow, all right, I have this written down. This is what I've written down here.
Speaker 4: I mean, a.
Speaker 2: Just wonder. Justin Rose has has mortified people, I believe. You know, while we're another man on this on this leaderboard, you know had to go toe to toe with Justin Rose. He said, and Justin Rose started doing Justin Rose things. Which that's what what Cameron Young said at the Ryder Cup. He just started doing Justin Rose things. What Justin Rose things are is that he just hoops putts from all over the place. This is where the Justin Rose like, the shockingness of how good he's been centers around him making putt. And what is what generally happens as players age is they lose that lose their nerve to make putts. Ye, last year Saturday costs Justin rose green jacket because he made no putts the last two days. He has left a lot of shots out there with the putter, and I.
Speaker 3: You're gonna call him a pretender because of it.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think it's gonna get hot and I'm gonna I'm gonna call him pretender. I just I just don't think I can see how frustrated he is. To me, you get frustrated when you're just not hitting good putts and you know you're not hitting good putts. You don't get frustrated when you're hitting good putts and they aren't going in. You get frustrated when you're when you know you're not hitting good putts. And I just my question and my my thought, and this is, you know, this is going out on a ledge here, But I think he I think that nerve is slipping and he and five time has caught him and he probably knows that he should be at ten or eleven under pretty easily.
Speaker 4: Does Rosie still get a yellow square.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's gonna get a yellow square. I mean, that's that's I'm just saying. I don't think he's gonna win, and I think Jason Day has a better shot of winning.
Speaker 3: I agree with you on that. I think Day has a better shot of winning. It's really hard for me to just because I mean, we just watched him put like horribly last year and was in the playoff. I mean, well, he put it insanely well of the final, you know, three hours last year, ten birdies lest Why can't that happen again?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: These guys at eight need to get jute sixty seven minimum, probably sixty six to get the fourteen under. They are both lions. I gotta still say he's a contender, justin Rose, Okay, Jason Day, they're both contenders. I'm gonna I'm I'm gonna slot him right there.
Speaker 2: Listen. It wouldn't be interesting if we just set them they were all.
Speaker 3: I know. I just can't believe. I can't believe the j DA slander from the JDA doubt.
Speaker 4: I watched a lot of good Jason Day. I think, much like Ruryan cam on Late Friday. I think Jason Day starting to turn it on around Amen Corner was was great. It was a great vibes group going in there.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a good vibe, you know.
Speaker 3: It was the good vibe group today we were on our ride, end of the course in our Mercedes were then good. That was incredible vibes. We slept in, got a good shower, gotta I got a shave. It was just great. Gotta work out. You went for a little jog, caught a work It was fabulous.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: I was trying to find us trying to find the original Bixby house.
Speaker 3: While I was running, you were saying that that's great. Did you find it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Let me try again tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: Well maybe you could hop in the GLS and drive around or go for a jog. But if you want to ride in style, Mercedes Benz offers a wide range of SUVs from compact to full eyes was up to three rows of seating, all with flowing lines and precise edges to balance elegance with aerodynamics. You can customize your driving experience, whether it's through a vast array of interior and exterior options or the hundreds of in vehicle settings that could be personalized to best fit your knees. The innovative mbux Ai learning capabilities can recognize your habits and driving preferences to create other to create your unique driver profile. We had the Burmister three D surround system going this morning. Look camp, Look Bill old Vedio. We do a little social video on the way in.
Speaker 2: Some Ohio boys. You were hanging out with Ohio boys at the at the course. But yeah, hioboys have never never sounded so good because of the Burmister.
Speaker 4: And I will say we were not just on time in the GLS this morning. We were early in the gs this morning.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know who the capital P problem is of of U two, but you know is for you two to figure out peach.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we were on time, We were early. We were early, all right, mister master sweet here with zone shower, just trying to let us fight to the death for who's who's the problem? Uh? But we were We were comfortable at a Mercedes Benz and you can't be too. Go to n b USA dot com Slash the dash Masters. That's nb USA dot com Slash the dash Masters. Thanks to them for their support getting us down here. Obviously, these live shows are made possible with their support. So thanks to them all right, working our way up the board, I think this will be the easiest decision we have in this whole exercise Contender Pretender Shane O Shane Lowry.
Speaker 2: As the whole one.
Speaker 3: I was right there. I walked up to six as it rolled in. It's cool, cool scene.
Speaker 2: Can we just talk about how preposterous it is that this guy has.
Speaker 3: So many whole is seventeen Sawgrass I think is one twelve augusta, No, not twelve. Nobody's done twelve since.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nobody's done twenty sixteen. Sixteen augusta. Uh seven pebble seven pebble god six augusta.
Speaker 4: Now he's just and.
Speaker 3: He always does the like the two fisted yes.
Speaker 4: Always got it down.
Speaker 3: I mean he's makes so many, he's got a trademark cole in one celebration. It's kind of incredible. Contender pretender that.
Speaker 2: I mean legitimately, they all happened in huge tournaments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the biggest tournaments. Six is not I mean that's that's a tough pit.
Speaker 4: That was a tough pin all the way.
Speaker 3: I mean that whole everyone down there.
Speaker 2: Crazy was so dirty.
Speaker 3: I mean he had he was reminded me of like I was watching Ali again for a lot of times this morning or early in the round.
Speaker 4: It all comes back to, of course all that.
Speaker 3: God he walked right by me and is at the day just striking striking.
Speaker 2: You know you're speaking of Mercede Bench. We had a great chat with me pretty longer we did. It's like an anniversary, like the same time, same place, the exact same place, the exact same time, on the exact same day, two years in a row. We've We've had a nice little chat with Bernie. But you know what you said.
Speaker 4: Last year he wasn't prepping for a major Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Bernie sounds like he wishes you could get out there and show the show the young lads work, give them that work.
Speaker 2: Definitely, definitely a big case of fomo for Bernie. He wanted to go up back. I think he probably watched what Ali did to Potty day one and was like, I did that to no A Kent last year, and I could still do that to one of these young guns.
Speaker 4: If I'm Stephen Alker right now, I'm shaking in my boots about next week Bernie's a man on a mission.
Speaker 2: Do you think Bernie gets to practice here?
Speaker 3: I think he probably is. Yeah, oh yeah, those guys hanging around. I remember what but I won the lottery round like, and I was there on Monday. I came in the Monday to play. There was Ali was still there, like messing around of the tournament practice.
Speaker 4: Ali was grinding a congressional last year after by like a billion.
Speaker 3: So I think they could still use it.
Speaker 2: Bertie h Bertie said along like he said, you know, I kind of it's been hard. I want to be out there playing. And I said, I said, you should have been, you should? He goes, you got to no one to call it. He's like, is then I started thinking about hitting Fair, who was into Uphill Greens, and you know, it's kind of like he's got like the Alonzo Morning Gifts going on where he's just like yeah, and then he's like, but.
Speaker 3: Enough about Shane Lowry contender or pretender.
Speaker 2: I can't unsee the Honda thing. It's made worse that I picked him. Picked him that week sure, like I was counting my chickens. I was like, oh I want I picked a winner. I don't think I can. I don't think I'm getting.
Speaker 3: There sixty eight with an eight.
Speaker 2: Remember when he through the temper tantrum last year.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, I like, how you are still hung up on the Honda.
Speaker 3: From last year? I think Masters, where did you shoot like eighty on Sunday too? Yeah, yeah, I'm going pretender.
Speaker 2: I wish we had the audio he wants to win the Masters to man because he just he was like, stop asking me about about Roy.
Speaker 4: I want to win the Masters to mate.
Speaker 3: Mate, not a mate.
Speaker 2: We're all putting them in the contenderd.
Speaker 3: That is that. We're just sorry. That's where we're putting him. Sam Burns, Deputy Sam. We're trying to get his stripes up to lieutenant ten under one back contender, pretender. I think after what we watched today, it's hard for me to think he's going to win the Masters.
Speaker 4: It's not going to rain.
Speaker 3: He's certainly been one of the best players this.
Speaker 2: Week standing standing water.
Speaker 3: He did it a you got to drop in the fairway at eight today. I watched him and.
Speaker 2: Took a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was that. Travis Kelcey was right there.
Speaker 2: Just a storyline nobody's talking about. Yeah, how these PGA tour players can't take a drop without official Legitimately, I'm just like, where are we going, sprinkler head? Do you play professional golf? And you know their case would be, we play for so much money, I don't want to make mistakes.
Speaker 3: I think there's scared ship lists that they're in the Masters and just want the second set of eyes there. I mean, still, come on, you were so mad when.
Speaker 4: Brooks took an awful long time He hit his drive behind the scoreboard left of three and it was like very obviously behind the scoreboard, and it still took way too long to set up the drop.
Speaker 2: Do you know what this would be like? This would be like if you were a professional driver and he had to have somebody come in and help you turn the ignition on. It's a freaking sprinkler head.
Speaker 4: Hey, can you guess me up real quick?
Speaker 3: That said, I just who in the field wouldn't ask for an official? I think you have to the car path.
Speaker 2: I feel like you should be able to do this without.
Speaker 3: OLLI wouldn't ask for an official.
Speaker 2: A little story time, Oh god, this is I played the US years ago and I was in the last tea time of the day and they have very strict procedures of of like pace of play, and we were waiting. So we were waiting on our group. I have us every shot. So anyways, I hit the ball and I was on the cart path and this official comes rolling out of nowhere, and I'm like about to take a drop because there's a cart path. I know how to take a cart path drop right nearest point of relief coup length. So I'm in the process of taking a drop. This official rolls up and he's like, whoah who Five minutes later, I take the drop. The next tea is at checkpoint.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think you've told this.
Speaker 2: Five minutes it takes to take this drop. Next tea and the groups on the green they give us the yellow they'd give us that we're moditoring you. It was insane. It was insanity. These they have to be able to take drops. I agree, basic drops.
Speaker 3: I agree. God, they just announced future groups some kind of shock. Speed didn't make it in for the morning feature group.
Speaker 2: You see, Joel Bale wrote wrote up on to quit Speed, Time to quit Speed?
Speaker 3: And did he turned down media? I can maybe one would assume he did. Did he? Yeah, he's not on here that I can.
Speaker 2: Tell God crumpy boy Birds is an he's crumpy, the grumpiest of boys.
Speaker 3: I didn't think you could turn down media at the Masters, but it seems like you can. Bob is gonna say plenty of guys are bound back or grumpier MacIntyre. Dude come on, flicking off, slamming like he's just we don't need we buried him. We're moving on without him this weekend. So we're all saying Lowry is the pretender. Birds is a contender, right has to be. Are you gonna are you gonna do it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, pretender?
Speaker 3: Oh love it.
Speaker 4: I burn Road every every time he hit the ball off the tee for like the last hour and a half, you're like, oh, what a drive.
Speaker 2: Every time, I'm telling you he showed me something. But I just don't think he's the world's best putter. I just have not seen it when it matters, and that's my that's my cutting when it matters. Yeah, I don't think he hits the putts with the same conviction when it counts. You saw it coming down the closing holes, like he just didn't hit the puts. The put On sixteen hit was embarrassing. Eighteen putt for to take to grab a share of the lead or at that point you know he's one, he'd get one back of the lead of Rory and he and he leaves it three feet short, like I just I don't see it. All the pots that he missed coming down the stretch died low and I think that's what we saw last year at Canada. I you don't, Yeah, I wrote this down. Sam Birds is never playing Valspar again.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think he is.
Speaker 2: He skipped it is like he skipped it and he did a different prep routine and it worked. He's not playing Valspar again. It's a terrible day for Valspar.
Speaker 4: I met that.
Speaker 2: Storyline.
Speaker 4: That's a superhero. I'd be a legit superhero if.
Speaker 3: That's the case. Been a rough couple of days for the Valspar because we were live last night when Rory absolutely buried the Valves bar the Houston and Valerio and said, I didn't want to go there. I didn't want to go there. That's why I just wanted to come up and prep here. Jim Crane, I don't like the tournaments that much. That's tough scene for Brian roll App in the PGA Tour.
Speaker 2: I just want to point out, of the of the seven top players, you guys have only called Lowry a pretender.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I would put Jason Day in there. Got okay, Well I was gonna yell at so I couldn't even say that.
Speaker 3: Well, isn't this like, I mean, this is the beauty of the Masters. We just like, I'm sorry, if we're at the US Openers, we just watched the like defending champ lose six shots in like five minutes, and we watched it last year he was four up on thirteen, and.
Speaker 2: We watched it the day before where he effectively felt like he almost ended the tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah right in like a yes, we watched camerony I go out forty and now he's tied for the lead. Like, I don't know, I think just just just dismissing as pretenders is scary. Is scary at the Masters, It's a more fraud exercise. Just say your toast. I just think it's that kind of tournament, Rory, I don't. I mean, maybe Rory needs it to be close, right, I think, I mean he talked about that, like I think with us on the podcast of like he just what's Bryson was out of his view. He kind of like it was like, what's my challenge now, and he sort of made himself the challenge last year.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened today. I think I think I got hitting it well. He's not hitting the ball well. But I do think he really struggles with like when things become a reality, staying in the present, like when he gets close to them being a reality, the staying in the present. And I think this is the challenge for almost every single golfer. I think this was the challenge for Scotti Scheffler last year at quil Hollow, the same thing when he had this big lead going into Sunday and he shoes forty on the front nine or whatever he shot on the front nine, and it's like, oh my god, like what's going on? And then you get this sense of urgency something I've actually this I didn't even think about this, but something Rowady said he in a press conference, complete throwaway comment that was funny at the time, and his Preternament press conference was like he said, somebody asked him about like the planning of the menu, and like when he did that, were really excited and he's like, I'd love to say that I was excited, but I'm I'm a procrastinator. I wait to do everything. Yeah, him being a procrastinator makes complete sense because like today he started hitting really good golf shots when there was a sense of urgency again, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh man, the exams tomorrow, I better start studying. Lock it in right now.
Speaker 2: I think you two can attest that I am the ca of procrastination.
Speaker 4: I always gets across the line, though it does.
Speaker 2: And you know, I don't want to relate this at all, Like I'm not really Rory at all. Like my biggest challenge in tournament golf habitual slow starter, like I would regularly just be like it would be thirty eight, thirty two, you know, forty, you know, thirty four, Like I could never get out of the blocks fast Rory. It feels like to be what he gets the big lead in these things. It almost he almost gets a little bit lackadaisical. He loses the edge that, you know, this urgency that he's operating under, and you know, I don't know, maybe that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hadn't put two and two together until just now. I happened live.
Speaker 4: You watched it happen the Gears returning.
Speaker 3: Apparently he's had an over This is PGA Tour comms, good friends. He's had an overpart round at least one time, and every Masters he's been in except for one twenty fifteen, it.
Speaker 4: Just came shot.
Speaker 3: Isn't this the whole thing of the Masters? Like, dude, if we were at Oakmont and you're I would not say Jason Day was a contender three back. I don't know, Like I just different. The Masters is like we were sitting here last night saying like how many is are we going to get to? And now we're saying like he's not hitting it well, Like things can change really quickly at this tournament in the matter of like an hour, let alone a day. And so to just dismiss guys that our quality players is really hard to do, even if they are three shots behind or four shots behind. I think it's really hard, especially at the Masters, And I think that would bring me the real quick to the course stuff, Like there were sixty five's out there today. People seem pissed about that. We've heard from Adam Scott that fifteen is firm and medicine. Scottie Scheffler, the number one player in the world. Firm is really hard, even if it's quote unfair break Sometimes I I don't know, like, what do people want do they I don't think they're out there with buckets of water throwing them on the greens.
Speaker 2: All shots also today sucked. It was really I don't know what did they want? Really? You know what I hated. I hated seeing like people hit extraordinary shots and make extraordinary runs up a leaderboard and then have a golf course that's hard enough that the leader that's up by six struggles and like you in theory, you know, you don't have to hit it three thirty down the middle to post a sixty eight like you can play a short hitter.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 3: You can have an all world short game day and post a sixty eight like I've just when people make that complaint, they have to propose alternatives or do they just want everyone shooting seventy eight?
Speaker 2: Just point out all the complaints come from people that actually aren't at the golf course.
Speaker 3: It was probably pretty hard to shoot that sixty five. Cameron Young, It's Scottie Scheffler, the two best players, two of the top three best players in the world this year.
Speaker 4: You didn't have to take take that back, just so you're going right.
Speaker 2: Also, also, like let's point out what got Cameron Young to sixty five. He had a couple incredible breaks.
Speaker 3: He was true.
Speaker 4: I mean you row me to talk through him strokes getting good breaks. To quote Brandy just off the charts said, that was Brandle on the eighteenth hole of Pinehurst, when Bryson did not get total screwed on his terrible drive strokes gaining good breaks. Brandell, you know sometimes you gotta tip your cap. Uh. The wedge into nine was potentially the worst shot he hit all day, even worse than the wedge that went into the water on fifteen that just banked off a man's leg and rolled out to thirty feet, which for a two point part I mean hitting trees left and.
Speaker 3: Right, thirteen bad drive bounces in I mean good breaks for camera, good breaks.
Speaker 4: But that's sorry, Scotty, that's the way it goes.
Speaker 3: I guess like I have no hesitation to call Augustin Nashal onto the carpet about some sort of mistake or set up issue or competition's issue. I just am not seeing it this week. I'm trying to understand what the alternative that people are seeking. They're mad. But the two of the best players in the world shot sixty five. They're mad, Like what, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was also hilarious. I'm telling you, it's firm and hard out there. It's hord Win. That's a break I get. I think hilarious. Hilarious. The hilarious thing about the whole discourse is what era of the Masters is like the most like, oh they went to that was a dark era of the Masters, right it was. It was like two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine, two thousand and six, when the golf when everybody's like, wait, the golf course got too hard, it's not as fun. They're taking away the birdies. I just don't get. It's the same the people that are complaining about this wan like just want the same thing every week, which is these guys like it's some I think that there's some psychological aspect of like they don't feel good enough about their own game that they need to see these people like they don't want to see great shots. Like to me, the setup the golf course is absolutely perfect right now. It is if you hit sensational shots you will have since you have huge rewards, and if you don't, you struggle.
Speaker 3: Gary Woodland he's been playing great shot seventy six, Aaron Ry's played a good year shot seventy eight, a great strike Like I don't know, you do have to hit good.
Speaker 2: Shots, Kurt, Kitty, Kitty, I'm can't excuse themselves. I couldn't imagine having to play a round of golf where you have to go to the bathroom all day and there's just.
Speaker 4: Nowhere to go, nowhere to go. I don't want to bring up the same one last.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna, I'm just gonna. I'm just gonna call it out. This is this is this is really like a simple minded thinking. I think you see It's like, look, look, mama, balloon and you see it very hard on Thursday afternoon, and you see the weather forecast and there's no rain, and you just say, everybody needs to shoot. This is simple. This is way too simple by and all of a sudden, you're like neglecting the entire point of a golf tournament, the entire point of why you have major champions, the entire point of what the Masters is for. They're not like manufacturing scores. They're letting the best players have a chance to shoot sixty five hey, and get their ass kicked if they don't play well.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna run down the leaderboard real quick for you. Cameron Young, Rory McElroy, Sam Burns, Shane Lowry, Jason Day, Justin Rose, Scottie Scheffler. Uh, that's that's what is that seven players right there? This is the top seven on the board. How tong Lee's there too. If this is a shitty setup, I guess I just like shitty setups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we'll talk more about this Sunday. I would imagine they would like guys who are playing well to be able to shoot like a sixty six again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Is that gonna drive people crazy? I don't know, but I guess it's gotta be the right guy, you know.
Speaker 4: He If how Talk shoots a sixty six, it's gonna be you know, chaos ONNY.
Speaker 3: I mean more than like Augusta, Like you could just say the ball's going too far. That's a part of it, Like fourteen just being a pitch seven. They made a billion yards long, and it's back to being like kind of a drive and pitch hole. Wedge hole. Like that's a part of it too. Three is now just easily drive up.
Speaker 4: I mean have had nothing into seven, like nothing.
Speaker 2: It was incredible, especially today the ball with the heat, the ball was just gas up. I mean the ball you always there's always like this first like summer day where the first summer hot day you're playing and your body just moves so you're like you're just so loose because of the heat that and then the ball is just gassed up. And today it was just it was just prime with with the weather and the firmness, the ball just was going forever.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's seventeen. I was like, oh, is he like it went through the green like he's essentially up the green side that like the rory. The ball is going very far. That's a part of it. Anyways, I we're getting too worked up about this. We'll talk about it more on Sunday. I imagine load numbers are available to the players playing well tomorrow. I don't think that's you're not going to be angy about. All right, we've done our full contender, But no we haven't.
Speaker 2: We haven't got.
Speaker 4: If you if you say this right now, I'm ending the stream. I'm getting up in the.
Speaker 3: I'm going to I'm gonna say, both guys in the lead at the fifty four hole mark, one the defending champion, the other may be the best player in the world at the moment this season. I'm gonna say, they're contenders.
Speaker 4: What do you what do you have to say? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, what do you? What do you? What do you have to You're you're up first?
Speaker 4: I think they're both contenders.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Rory's a contender, and uh, Cam is all right, you're just being cheap here.
Speaker 3: Try try to put PJ on the on the edge over there.
Speaker 4: Just trying to put Joseph would have been more bad than I would have been. Joseph would have came in here with the head full of Steve if that happened. I mean, you're still mad at me about last night. Apparently I fight hard enough.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll make picks here in a minute from the board final with fifty four whole mark. Any other Saturday storylines nobody's talking about. Oh there's a few, Well, there's a few we have we have, you know, Department of Defense not providing adequate armor to its troops.
Speaker 4: Is that what we got, yeah, substandard weaponry. The PXG platoon leaves behind a troop and Augusta Marco Penji on substantiated rumor the PXG truck, which was you know, kind of shot on by Potty last night anyway, ye not doing its job. Marco Penji received a full bag fitting from his coach on Monday, not the PXG troops. His coach was the one making him new clubs this week, and his master's debut.
Speaker 3: Just left them behind. That's terrible, Penge and Potty. I mean you kind of get with you, you know, you dance on definitely kind of how it works kaboom as they say. You want a little under the tree story time please Saturday Saturday. That's a good I've been holding this for Saturday night. Just it justn't great. I was having a conversation, you know, somebody comes out then.
Speaker 2: And then you know the other person in my group's like, everybody's wearing watches this week, right, yeah, you need to know what time it is. So you're wearing watches, and so he goes, hey, that's a nice watch, and you know it's a fancy watch, and uh.
Speaker 3: And Nancy watches and people under that tree.
Speaker 2: And that and that person is, you know, I hate this watch. And he's like, I mean why, You're like, it's just not my style. Someone gave it to him. Who's there, you know, and it's just not my style. I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Someone gave it to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very expensive watch. Very expensive, very very expensive watch. He's like, so I have to wear it. I have to wear it with this weak and the other person that was with, you know, the Rolex guy, it's right behind you. Obviously Rolex is all over the place of this week. They're a big partner of the Masters. And the guy goes really and it's wearing a long sleeve shirt and he pulls it over his watch. That's not that's not a Rolex immediately.
Speaker 3: Very expensive other brand Caudie that he doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's like hiding the watch.
Speaker 3: That is a kind of under the tree story that happens that all the power players. That's funny. That's good, all right. I think that does it for start.
Speaker 4: We just had one more, not a huge one. Looking ahead. You know, what was Rory's first event after last year's Masters, the Zurix Zurich. Looking ahead to the Zurich.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be this year.
Speaker 2: We know that well.
Speaker 4: Andrew Novak mc hammer. What's he doing today? Walking around following his teammate, defending champ be in Ben Griffin, building some teams.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. That's like when to Hooma walked, you know, his first pasters. I don't know if this is Noback's first. I only get it, but yeah, walking, sticking around, having beers, walking the course, good stuff. Love that he's supporting his teammate. Great day out, there got one more to go. Yeah, I'm hard to think we will ever top what you know, this podcast we did last last year. This time maybe.
Speaker 4: For Pete not so fast friend, Peach.
Speaker 2: But Peach, what are we going to talk about with the camp? I feel like we emptied the chamber and uh, after the.
Speaker 3: Play Players Championship we'll have plenty.
Speaker 4: Oh believe me. If he posts this off tomorrow, this is something's gonna happen. There's gonna be a lot. This is not gonna be a straightforward get done.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be bummed out about my newsletter A piece from Thursday really aging poorly.
Speaker 4: Uh. There have already been a discussion amongst the boys about what to do with that receipt if and when.
Speaker 3: I mean that, I'll remember this Saturday like I was like, you know, you just well, you know the Master's cliche. You just watched the little squares change and he's just kept going up end up and up and up from four to ten and you're just like that. That essentially seven birdies in about you know, twelve holes, I think from three to fourteen. And I'll remember that for sure, mainly because I knew what it was doing to my colleagues, Joseph and you, PJ. That was really special Saturday, but we got one more to go.
Speaker 2: I was, yeah, I was sitting I was sitting looking at leaderboards and just watching him ago and I was like, I wonder how long PJ made it with got her up?
Speaker 4: I actually, I mean, I've made it too long. I missed three and four. That's what made me stay because I realized quickly that something was happening.
Speaker 3: So sorry, Chris, all right, let's get out of here. Picks Picks.
Speaker 2: I picked Rory pretermin I Get. I'm sticking with him. He's time for the lead. Why would get?
Speaker 3: Why would I go to deliver on the gambling podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know what the deputy could ruin a gambling podcast.
Speaker 3: Because he would be the only one you got.
Speaker 4: I mean, just any of these guys. But I'll just you know, take the words out of his mouth. I pick Cameron Young pre tournament. I'm not gonna change it.
Speaker 3: I can't believe pretty good boys. It just went way out on that limb there with two of the top three players.
Speaker 4: All right, Relax, relax. I think you want the tickets from last August to two hundred and one, because I got those.
Speaker 3: I'm just down on the dumps.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you have tickets?
Speaker 4: I have a lot of money at stakes tomorrow, like a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Interesting, all right, I'm gonna take I think, oh god, it's hard to do after what we just watched today. I think I'm gonna take Rory again to go back to back for all the reasons we talked about last night. And I think this was just the day where it was sort of a hiccup that it just sometimes it comes Thursday afternoon and sometimes it comes Friday morning. He goes out in forty or something like that. I think it happened today. I have to clean up, gotta clean cars. About that Amen Corner trip? You know like that was that was bad all the way around, Like I don't know how many good shots he hit there for about an hour.
Speaker 2: He has he has to drive it well tomorrow, Like maybe he doesn't have to drive it like exceptionally great. It just has to be an above average off the tea round.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a great one. Can't wait. They're in the final group starting at two twenty five. To answer the YouTube questions, no, that's plenty of time. Plenty of time.
Speaker 2: Also, why does Andy ha Cam so much?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why I'd like to point out, you know, I met Cam Young at my first Masters in twenty seventeen. I arrived in Augusta on Sunday before the Masters. It was twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen, I can't remember which year it was. And I went to the Haskins dinner after their tournament at uh at four Sills in that the dinner was at a gust country club, and I sat next to Cam Young and Matth Fitzpatrick. And it's kind of it's I mean, it's really cool.
Speaker 4: Are you interested in New York Golf Club?
Speaker 2: You know, I saw I saw somebody under the tree in NYGC Golf shoes custom golf shoes.
Speaker 4: I also saw this persona fly in the flag for I know who.
Speaker 3: He's your quarterback, super Bowl winner, super Bowl winner. All right, that does it for the Saturday night Shotguns Start. We'll be back Sunday, not right after play. What do we call it, like nine ish? We like to let the dust settle, go to the press conference. Yeah, scuttle, but you know, get some scene from the ground.
Speaker 4: There will be a link tomorrow morning. We will probably around nine.
Speaker 2: Now, we'll figure out a way to get Joseph and KVV, which is gonna thrust thrust PJ and a panic attack here.
Speaker 3: I had a technical hiccup here getting them in late. But you know nothing, we'll get them involved. So it's call it like nine nine already live. Let things settle, go to the press conference, gather some notes of what we see all time Sunday on tap potentially with the leaderboard that we have and the stakes for back to back and camerony on everything. Really excited. Thank you for tuning into the Shotguns Start. Thank you for reading the Friday Golf newsletter the website. Really been a great week for our team. One more day to go. Can't wait. To do it. We'll see you back here Sunday night.