Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Betting Pros. It's time to place your bets. This beat Joey Bajo Pizafia, and today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a quick look ahead at the NFL Draft.
Speaker 1: It's just weeks away. I know that seems like a long time, but really it isn't. So we decided we would get on here on the Betting Pros YouTube channel, on the podcast and start giving you some looks at early things that we're talking about, whether it be potential landing spots for a few players. Because we've done so many mock drafts over on our Fantasy Pro channel. If you haven't seen them, I strongly suggest you go watch. We just did another three round job yesterday, which is pretty amazing and it was under an hour, three rounds and fifty minutes. Not bad, my friend, not bad, So go check those out. But today we're talking about how to put some money down on some of those prospects that are coming into the NFL. And who better to do that than my boy Derek Brown Debro, the King of Bros. He's been to the Senior Bowl. He and I watched the combine together in Dallas, hanging out there having cocktails which I'm sure did not influence at all any of our takes on the players. But debro fascinating stuff because I got to get this right at the top, because Chris Mortensen released a report yesterday and the report was very contrary to the group think, which was c J. Stroud's easily going to be the number one guy. And looking at what the odds were yesterday when I put the show together, and then after the report today, c J. Stroud was it minus two seventy Bryce Young plus two ten to be the Carolina Panthers number one overall pick that pick that they moved up to make now both stand even at plus one ten. I understand this is smoke screen season. I get that usually we get in the last couple of weeks. But Chris Mortenson has a really good history of being right about a lot of things, and this has moved the market significantly. So in your opinion, how do you look at this number one overall pick now? Is it something you can wager on or are you waiting to make one more move one other direction and see what happens in the weeks ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm still gonna bet CJ. Stroud, Joe, I think this comes down to this allows you to get at as to where C. J. Stroud, and off the top of my head, was he was he yesterday minus two hundred, minus two seventy two seventy right now if you're looking in the betting Pros consensus line, or if you're looking on your app, which you should have downloaded already because it's free and it's amazing, but continue minus two seventy and now he's gone to plus money. Give me all that action, Joe, Like, I'm here for that, because the draft history and the quarterback history for Frank Reich still applies here. Regardless of whatever Mortonson out puts out there into the space. It's still a reality that if you look back on Frank Reich's history of quarterbacks, he has not had a starting quarterback since he has been leading offenses, whether as a head coach or an offensive coordinator, he has not had a quarterback measuring under six'.
Speaker 2: Four SO.
Speaker 3: Cj stroud sixty, Three Anthony richardson sixty, four this is Where i'm willing to sit here and toss my. MONEY i, Understand like DO i say That i'm not gonna have even a little bit of light action On Bryce Bryce young at plus. Money SURE i could do that because, again if the market continues to, move we get any more reports and then you See Bryce young go to minus, whatever then you're gonna miss out on. That SO i think that there's a good bit of variance in all THESE nfl draft props and stuff and how the market.
Speaker 2: Moves and ebbs and, flows and.
Speaker 3: Right now i'd look at this as the time where you need to get in ON.
Speaker 2: Cj.
Speaker 1: STROUD i would agree it would have been. Yesterday well you, know now we're, Here, hey it's the day to getting C. J stroud for, sure because minus money yesterday now it's. Plus so for, me if you Think stroud is the, guy and you think this is the smokescreen season part of THE Nfl draft Of, april then, yeah this is when you start putting some money down because you might not see a plus number again on C. J. Stroud as far as The Bryce young, number it was plus two. Ten now it's plus one, Ten so that's moved quite a. BIT i kind of see where you're going, there which is you might want to lock in a little bit there as. Well but to, ME i think you wait on this and see what happens over the next few. Days because you, know we always have the same, process, right which, is you, know you have the things right after the season's, over those initial, feels which is always a good time to get into this market for THE Nfl. Draft then you have the Post Senior bowl, stuff then you have the post combine, stuff and then after the combine you always get this other movement where guys who have good, combines you, know they start to fade a little bit when people watch a little bit more. Tape what guys who have not so great, combines like the safety From alabama let's, say, right you, know maybe it wasn't the greatest combine that you hope. For you start to have people go back and look at the tape and, go, yeah maybe this guy is a first round. Pick SO i think there's a lot going on there to figure. Out and, again if you're gonna make your, wagers make sure you're doing it using the betting pros. Apps you can get all of the best odds wherever you're, going and it's free to. Download you get it on you, know the, iPhone you get it On, android and of course you can use BET, mgm who's our sponsor because they're offering one thousand dollars to new users with their first bet, free and you can sign up with BET mgm and use that promo Code juice and get up to one thousand dollars in free bonus bets even if you don't. Win so use BET, mgm use some of the things we're giving you, here and use the tools to make it all. Work let's get to some more names here on these draft. Props the first wide receiver. Draft, now this has varied quite a bit in THE mox that we've, done in THE mox That i've seen out there in the. Space So, Jackson smith And jigbo right now is minus one sixty on the consensus line over at betting Pros Zay FLOWERS a plus three, Forty Quentin johnson plus five, Hundred Jordan addison plus eight, Hundred Jalen hyatt plus two, Thousand Josh downs plus ten, Thousand so we'll Leave hyatt And downs out of. That that doesn't seem like. It some people Have addison at the top of their, board which will be a huge money, Maker but it seems LIKE jsn is kind of the safe pick, Here, debro BUT i want to get your thoughts. Here Can flowers potentially be that guy because there is a lot of strong buzz on him and depending on what team decides to go and draft, him you, know that is the difference between the guy that fits their offense better than maybe A jasn. Does maybe they need a field stretcher Like Zay.
Speaker 2: Flowers, YEAH i, MEAN i.
Speaker 3: Don't hate The zay call as far as like because he has been screaming up the board a little, bit but his expected draft position and so HIS edp is currently at twenty five point, four AND i get he's climbed during this, process but still even in the most robust mocks that you see out there in the, space he's still going in the. Twenties so REALLY i have a hard time kind of biting into the apple of Chasing Zay flowers up the. Board WHAT i will say, is AND i think we're both in lockstep, Here. Joe as far as LIKE jsn and minus one, SIXTY i don't want any of, That like there's, nothing there's no juice and squeeze.
Speaker 2: There So i'm that it's going to get worse over, time though that it's.
Speaker 1: Possible we have seen in the possiblity where we have these wide receivers that we, think, oh this is the.
Speaker 2: Safe consensus guy and then they don't go.
Speaker 1: First we saw that a couple years ago in the, draft, right and it kind of threw a lot of people. There so do you see again that was a better wide receiver draft that, year, Right SO i think you could make that. Argument, well you, know people really started to understand where some of the value. Was but, still you, know it does kind of feel like he is the consensus number one right, now and it doesn't feel like that's going to change anytime.
Speaker 2: Soon if you want to lock it.
Speaker 1: In maybe it's not to lock it in at the minus one, sixty but you never. Know it is THE Nfl. Draft that's what makes it.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 1: Now it happens to be a really good tight end draft, too which is not a phrase we tend to say very often when covering THE Nfl. Draft so this is a very exciting time. Here so let's talk about these numbers. Here Michael mayer From Notre dame minus one. Ten he's the favorite to go, first But Dalton kinkaid is the guy that a lot of experts feel like going to make the most impact offensively for a. Team he is at plus one seventy, Five Darnolt, washington who might just be a second lineman as well as a tight end with the way he pushes that sled at plus three, fifty and Then Luke musgrave enormous talent again plus twenty five, hundred though coming off that, injury so probably not the first, guy although some people like him as much As. Kinkaid so between may And kinkaid it seems to be a two horse. Race who are you putting your money.
Speaker 3: On i'm putting my money On Dalton kincaid and the fact that you can get him at plus money is fantastic right. NOW i mean their edps are not very different between him And. Mayor Like mayor is sitting at twenty four point, One kinkaid is at twenty six point, one and we could easily see that flip the more we get closer to THE nfl. Draft that could easily Flip joe because the reason, that Like, Dalton kink's the first tight end off of my, board and it's not just.
Speaker 2: Like reading my.
Speaker 3: Board but like With, kinkaid if he has more reports get flooded into the space about his health is good because that has been thrown around in this draft. Cycle if we get some more buzz and some more positive reports that stack on top of each, other you could See kincaid go to move to being the favorite because their dps are so. Close but the market's not treating it like. That So i'm gonna sit here and get my action In kincaid right now WHILE i, can and if it, flips then MAYBE i toss a few chips on On. Mayor but right, Now kinkaid's the GUY i love when it comes off Of.
Speaker 1: Lineman so, Far vegas Loves Paris Johnson junior to be the first one off the board in minus one twenty. Five Peter skeronsky not far away a plus one forty, five but it does feel Like Paris Johnson junior is the. Guy Roderick jones is a distant third here plus four seventy. Five so Between skoronski And Johnson, junior do you have a strong feeling on this is the minus one twenty five maybe the last time you can get anything close to a decent number On. Johnson do you Think scoronsky has a shot to maybe overtake him and be the number one.
Speaker 3: Guy i'm not Chasing Paris. Johnson and look what we're looking at and what we're trying to keep our finger on the pulse of is where the expected draft positions for these guys. Are and looking at how close these three linemen. Are, again the market says it's gonna Be Paris, johnson but you Have JOHNSON'S dp as ten point, Four skoronski's is eleven point. Six Roderick jones is.
Speaker 2: Still sitting at.
Speaker 3: Fourteen that is such a narrow window That i'll enjoy the plus. MONEY i have no problem with people either Betting scronski Or jones considering how close three edps. Are this is one of those situations again where we're seeing the market show a lot of, conviction And i'm, Like i'm just going to take the plus money that the market is giving. Us when it's this, close it easily could be any one of these three.
Speaker 2: Guys when you're.
Speaker 1: Looking at the first defensive player, Drafted Will anderson seems to be that guy at minus three twenty. Five the only thing that could change that is if there's some trading going, on or trading back or trading. Up that's what's so interesting to me because depending on what teams then fall in a certain, order this could. Change AND i know this one so far is obviously a very heavy favorite For Willy Anderson junior at minus three twenty.
Speaker 2: Five that's a very heavy.
Speaker 1: Favorite But Tyre wilson at plus three, Hundred Jalen carter plus four. Hundred so the team that needs the interior alignement there With carter sitting, there it was, just you, know a couple of months, ago he was kind of the number one guy on that board and a lot of people was born in the defensive, side and Then Christian. Gonzales you, know we saw a bunch of Corner we saw two corners go in the top five last.
Speaker 2: Year he is a plus one.
Speaker 1: Thousand to, me this is a little bit more wide open then maybe the board allows itself to. Be And i'm kind of fascinating BECAUSE i don't think we're done with moves in the next few weeks before the draft. Happens and if, so it's not That Will anderson isn't the quote unquote best player on the board in. Defense it depends on what the teams that are drafting ahead need and if that order should change in the next few. Weeks how do you think this could shake? Out could A Christian gonzales be that? Guy could A Jalen carter be that?
Speaker 3: GUY i think you could see Either Tyra wilson Or Jalen. Carter that's the two guys THAT i think are the most palpable here to if one of them Overtakes Will. Anderson those are the two guys That i'm willing to sit here and put money, behind, because, Look Tyra wilson's been getting a lot of, buzz a lot of top five. Buzz whether you Know arizona trades, back they stay where they're, at they go. Edge i'm not saying That Will anderson still probably isn't the first guy off the. BOARD i mean the market's telling us. That but Considering Tyrie wilson had a really good combine and he's gotten a lot of, Hype i'm not gonna be surprised if somehow he Jumps Will anderson And Jamn. CARTER i mean you.
Speaker 2: Talked about, It.
Speaker 3: Joe going into this, PROCESS. Jimn carter was like the locked in one oh one of these, drafts and then everything off the field came into the. Equation if some, team like in the interview, process, Interviews carter talks to, him has a good feel about who he is as a, person and bringing them into bringing him into their. Organization you could see a team, say look, Like i'm gonna hop a few teams trade up if he starts falling down the board a little, bit BECAUSE i, mean, look all this needs to happen is one team, says, okay like we see quarterbacks going the top four. Picks one team, says, Look i'm gonna stop the fall For joe And, carter or we can get edge help and we don't need to draft one of these edge guys. High we need interior and For Jailhen carter to go off the. Board so, yeah right, NOW i think it's time to sit here and get your money in On Tyrey wilson And Jillen. Carter because it's not THAT i don't like Will, anderson but considering, it, yeah we could see different things happen in the.
Speaker 2: Draft.
Speaker 3: JOE i mean it's funny because every single, year everybody's like when they put out mocks and we get this echo chamber of group think and it's, Like, okay this guy goes, first this guy goes, Second, okay he's. Fifteenth all of those things could change because we're not looking at teams draft. Boards we don't know who they have first on their draft. Board so, yeah this is where you get a little bit of buried action on.
Speaker 1: GUYS i think this is the one where you can make the most. Money to be honest with, you like, YESS i think That Jalen, Carter Christian, gonzales you, know think Like Will. Anderson you can't bet right, now so why? Bother because the miyus three twenty five is just too. Much and if you bet that and there is that, movement you hate your life because now all of a, sudden the team that doesn't need a linebacker isn't drafting a, linebacker and the team that needs a defensive lineman might Take Jalen carter and needs a corner Takes. Gonzalees so there's a lot to unpack there to me to look real, close real long and hard at this defense and make maybe more than one. CHOICE i, MEAN i could see myself putting money On Jalen Carter Christian gonzales here right. Here and when you do make those, bets, too make sure you use the. App i'm telling you right now it is a great app for betting. Pros and before we get to the next, pit maybe some landing spots for some, GUYS i want to talk to you about a little fun thing we're doing here on the, channel which, is of, course we're giving away a free premium subscription To Betting.
Speaker 2: Pros subscribe to the YouTube, channel.
Speaker 1: Comment below on this video tell us what you think about some of these, picks so some of the picks you're, making because we love to interact with you, guys and you could win a free upgrade To Betting Pros premium and see we're looking for access to exclusive, picks the top rated player, props or the custom analysis of your betting. Performance Betting Pros premium has all the tools to help you cash more, bets.
Speaker 2: Plain, simple that's WHAT i like to. Do and you don't want to wait for the.
Speaker 1: Giveaway you can sign up today a Betting pros dot com slash upgrade and start betting smarter and not.
Speaker 2: Harder but what's so great.
Speaker 1: Is when you have the, app you get the notifications as they come, through and when you're premium you get all the bells and whistles and you can even track your progress which is. Fun if you're gonna watch THE Nfl, draft you can invest in THE nfl, draft co invest and track your progress against everybody else.
Speaker 2: Too it's a good.
Speaker 1: Time what's also a good time is finding out Where Bjon robinson is going to.
Speaker 2: Land ooh, wait this is a fun. One.
Speaker 1: Now The Dallas cowboys are the quote unquote favorites at plus five hundred for an individual. Team The bengals are a plus eight, hundred The falcons plus. Nine then you have some teams like The, ravens The, texans The commanders ironically or plus five hundred two along with The. Chargers so when you're looking at some of the higher rung, teams yesterday in our mock draft On Fantasy, Pros Andrew erickson did Draft bijon for The Washington commanders at plus five. Hundred there's been talk about The chargers maybe moving on From Austin. Eckler he could be a fit at plus five. Hundred The cowboys certainly Without zeke hometown. Hero you can write the. Narrative The bengals at plus eight hundred make a lot of. Sense The eagles at plus nine, hundred and he got some long shots like The patriots And saints, again The ravens And texans a little bit later. On but when you're looking At Bijon, robinson the other bet you can make is plus one seventy five for any other, team WHICH i. LIKE i think these are kind of the teams AND i think you're getting some great. Numbers so let's spread the units a little. Bit where would you want to put some units On Jon robinson's landing?
Speaker 2: Spot what do you?
Speaker 3: Have the three teams that stand out to, Me joe Are, dallas The, chargers and The. Bengals those are the three teams that look either they have their starting running back is on a one year, deal or if you're The, bengals maybe they cut their starting running back Before week. One but all three of these teams could be staring at a new backfield, leader whether it's this season or next. Year so the way That i'm chasing that, is those are the three teams THAT i love the. Most and really the one that stands out to, Me joe is go With. Cincinnati why Not cincinnati plus eight? Hundred they Cut Joe? Mixon and when you look at the draft order for these, teams now Saying beijon falls down the board he gets into the late, Twenties, Okay dallas is picking twenty. Sixth if he gets to twenty six or in the late, twenties how could we not see like a team like whether it's gonna be The chargers that are picking ahead of them or The bengals that are picking at twenty eight that could, Say, okay Well dallas is gonna take this. Guy we're gonna hop. Him we're gonna hop The cowboys and get To bijeon. First so to, me those are the three teams That i'll look at as my, favorites and really the one that if you're picking one of these to throw money on or maybe put like a unit and.
Speaker 2: A half, on, WELL i think The.
Speaker 1: Bengal you, know he made a great point d before about the group, thing and the group think is based off the order it, is instead of looking ahead a little bit to say who might be, leapfrogging who is one piece. AWAY i mean The bengals Get Jon, robinson that is terrifying for the rest of THE afc and the rest of the.
Speaker 2: League that is a terrifying.
Speaker 1: THING i think The cowboys are definitely worth a unit for sure Because Jerry jones loves those kinds of. BACKS i think you know On Roseewan johnson's really interesting back, Too, like don't forget about the Other texas, guy, folks because that guy's gonna make an impact, too and he's starting to get some helium and people, realizing, hey that guy shot was pretty darn good. Too BUT i like where you're coming from with The bengals because that plus eight hundred consensus is.
Speaker 2: Great cowboys at plus five is another, one you.
Speaker 1: KNOW i don't think The ravens is a great landing spot if you're looking for the other long. SHOTS i don't think The patriots will go that.
Speaker 2: Route they tend.
Speaker 1: To they need offensive line help in the worst, way and they need some more defensive help, too so that's probably where they're.
Speaker 2: Going The eagles will be.
Speaker 1: FASCINATING i just don't think they're going to be in a position to get it. Done and they're losing too, much like they got to replenish on the defensive side from things that they've. Lost let's talk About Anthony richardson because this is another wide open.
Speaker 2: One which team will he land.
Speaker 1: On The colts at plus two, hundred they are at the very, top The Tennessee titans at plus three. Hundred then you have The Seattle seahawks at plus four, fifty any other team at plus five, fifty so you always you gotta watch.
Speaker 2: That any other. Team sometimes that's a really good. Wager but when they.
Speaker 1: Give, you, know eight or nine different, ones that's a. Problem The Las Vegas raiders at plus eight, hundred The Baltimore ravens at plus. NINE i don't think The ravens would be going for another project quarterback. NECESSARILY i don't think they're in that mode at this. Stage Carolina, panthers they're too far. DOWN i don't think they're gonna take their quarterback and be. Done but when you're looking at The Tennessee, titans they were in the quarterback pool last. Year laquis didn't make the progress they had. Hoped The colts certainly could be in the quarterback market and should. BE i don't know If richardson is the right. Guy what do you think about The raiders at plus Eight that's the ONE i keep coming back to is an interesting.
Speaker 3: ONE i don't see The raiders kind of doing. THAT i mean it's, Possible, joe but looking At Jimmie g's contract. STRUCTURE i mean it looks like kind of a two year. Deal now to say that like that would wipe them out of The Anthony richardson Sweep. Steakes, no the teams that kind of stand out to. ME i, mean if you want to go With, INDY i, mean even being the, favorite there's still plus two, Hundred SO i think that that's still a spot where you can make some money At and just like you talked About, tennessee they stick out to me at plus three. HUNDRED i Know i'm talking about the two favorites, here but having both of those of plus MONEY i think is perfectly. Fine the two that make the most sense for me is whether It's baltimore at plus nine, hundred whether you're seeing if they were to possibly make a trade With indy For lamar and he falls down, there or we talked about it earlier in the. Show AND i don't have a problem with going with The Carolina panthers at plus one, thousand because if you look at AND i talked About Frank wright's quarterback drafting history and, size and this matters because how he wants to like cultivate or look at the type of quarterback that he wants to sit here and put his name behind it's guys with. Size Anthony richardson is six foot, Four, joe he fits that.
Speaker 1: Diet he's probably gonna wait behind. Somebody and if you're looking to wait behind, somebody he would Have Andy Dalton jimmy g waiting. Behind maybe The seahawks plus four FIFTY i get the seas have a ton of. Picks, see The seahawks have enough draft capital in my, opinion to take a flyer On't Anthony richardson and he can sit Behind gino for a year or two and kind, of you, know learn and figure it. Out The seahawks And raiders are WHERE i keep coming back.
Speaker 2: TO i love you.
Speaker 1: DEARLY i strongly disagree with The panthers. Pick they're going to take one of those two quarterbacks at the, top and then they're going to continue, to you, know fill out all the, many many needs that The panthers.
Speaker 2: Have look The panthers. Look a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Ago they spent all of their draft picks on, Defense so it would not shock me for them to spend all their draft capital this year on, offense especially with an offensive mind head coach there. Now So that would not shock me whatsoever because the, defense you, know has its moments at, times and they have some, talent but the offense just couldn't get anything. Done last one, here who will Draft Jalen? Carter now this is an interesting. One The Detroit lions are at the top here plus two, hundred The Seattle seahawks at plus three. Hundred then you have The eagles at plus. FIVE i don't think he's ever going to get, there AND i don't think The eagles have the capital to move up. Necessarily The bears at plus six, hundred that's an interesting.
Speaker 2: Spot any other team at plus eight fifth.
Speaker 1: Team then you have The falcons at, nine The raiders at, twelve The texans at, twelve then The, Jets, cardinals and The colts kind of bringing up the. Rear So Jalen carter, IS i think the great. UNKNOWN i think it's more fun to draft. TO i should, say wager on where he is going to get drafted in terms of which first defensive player.
Speaker 2: Goes off the. BOARD i like.
Speaker 1: That what TEAM i think is really. TOUGH i keep coming back To seattle again, though because they've got so many picks that they can afford to take a. Shot three to one is a good. Number but where do you See Jalen carter potentially? Landing and how would you spread out maybe Some Jalen carter units here to see where we can make some good.
Speaker 2: Investments, Yeah i'm with, You.
Speaker 3: JOE i Think seattle And detroit make the most. SENSE i DON'T i see his absolute floor probably Being. SEATTLE i just don't see like him fall Into. DETROIT i don't think he gets Past. Seattle seattle is prioritized having good tackle play over.
Speaker 2: The last few.
Speaker 3: Years they care a lot about stopping the, run they care a lot about getting interior, pressure and jam And carter can help them.
Speaker 2: Do both of those.
Speaker 3: Things SO i, mean, look we've Seen seattle sit here and take players that maybe we're a little bit polarizing in the sense of like years, past LIKE dk metcalf his testing metrics and stuff like, that and no problems drafting him when he's falling down the. Board and If seattle, says, Look jam McCarter is the first guy the, top the number one player on our, board and you're letting him to fall to us at, FIVE i don't see them passing that. Up So i'll look at Probably, Seattle. Detroit detroit is his absolute, floor But seattle is WHERE i think he, goes so that's really WHERE i would want to focus my betting.
Speaker 1: App all, Right we've got a lot of great articles too up at Betting pros right, now so go check them out bettingpros dot. COM i can also see them on the apps as. Well don't forget to drop a comment, below subscribe to the, channel click that little belt till it goes ding for. Notifications and if you comment below and do all those things LIKE i asked you, to you could win premium upgrade To Betting, pros which is. Amazing if you don't want to, WAIT i say you probably don't want to go to bettingpros dot.
Speaker 2: Com slash.
Speaker 1: Upgrade just upgrade, today start betting smarter and not. Harder or go ahead and take advantage of the bet mgm offering one thousand dollars to new users with a first free. Bet, again use that promo code over there For Betting pros and go sign up a BET mgm. Today And Derek, brown thank you so much for hanging out and talking about draft with. Me we'll have more mock drafts going on to The Fantasy pros, page so go subscribe to that as. Well use the tools use us here to help you make some cash on THE Nfl draft just weeks, away very exciting. Times that'll do it for, Us but the story of the game goes on For Derek, Brown I'm JOEY.
Speaker 2: P we'll see you next, time, kids