Speaker 1: We made it to this.
Speaker 2: Looks like a lot of people made it to Paris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like all those basketball players. How did they even fit on the subway car?
Speaker 2: They're so tall?
Speaker 4: Pass I'm over.
Speaker 2: Oh it's up, Lissa.
Speaker 5: What Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today is part four of our Olympic Mystery series. The Lingo Kids' friends have just arrived in Paris. They are trying to find their way to the louver to search for the thief who stole the Olympic torch. But when they come out of the metro station, all they can see is a group of very tall basketball players. Alonzi, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 4: Here you go. Nice throw.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I've been practicing.
Speaker 4: Keep it up.
Speaker 6: Maybe you'll make it to the Olympics someday.
Speaker 4: Like us is an Olympic basketball Keeay? Yeah, well sort of.
Speaker 6: I mean, we're all basketball players and we're all going to the Olympics, but we're on different teams.
Speaker 3: You are, but why are you all together? Aren't you like enemies?
Speaker 4: Don't you want to win enemies?
Speaker 7: No, we're just doing a little sight seeing before the games, Lisa. Competing for medals is a big part of the Olympic Games, but so is making new friends from all over the world.
Speaker 4: Oh, in fact, there's someone I want you to meet.
Speaker 5: Kim Gosher is a Canadian professional basketball player, an Olympian.
Speaker 4: And a basketball coach.
Speaker 5: She will be back at the Paris twenty twenty four Olympics, but this time as a coach of the Canadian women's three by three basketball team. That is so cool.
Speaker 3: Basketball. What's it like to be on a real basketball team so.
Speaker 6: Your team can help get the best out of you every single day? I would say your teammates almost become even closer than friends. They're like family. Lots of times you spend even more time with your team than you do with your family. When you're trying to become an Olympian, it takes a lot of hard work in practice, so your teammates are the ones that you're spending every single day with.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite thing about playing basketball?
Speaker 6: I knew I wanted to be an Olympian since I was like eleven years old and watched the senior women's national team practice. So I tried to qualify for the Olympics for twelve years before I actually made it there. It was on Canada Day, which is our national holiday, on July first, twenty twelve, and we won that game, and it was the most euphoric, prideful, insanely incredible feeling that I've ever had as an athlete. To have your childhood dreams finally realize my best basketball memory ever.
Speaker 3: Do you want to coot and holler and cheer you on when you're playing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I mean, first of all, it's so much fun to play in front of a big crowd, But when your teammates cheer you on, it means a little something more, I think because they're the ones that have seen your growth, and when you hear it from them, I think it gives you a little bit more of a boost because you want to be the best that you can be for your team.
Speaker 3: Wow, Kim, And is it fun to be a coach?
Speaker 6: I think one of the coolest things being a coach is having my daughter Sophie grow up around incredible role models and so every day she's able to come to practices and she's surrounded by these strong women who show her what you can be. And I love that for.
Speaker 4: Her how much noshe?
Speaker 3: What should I do if I want to be really, really good?
Speaker 6: I would say, chase your passion in life, find what makes you happy, find what makes your your heart smile, and work as hard as you can. Is it not everybody can be a professional, But there's so many different avenues in sport. To be surrounded by the things that you love to do.
Speaker 4: I want my heart to smile, me too.
Speaker 5: Billy has one more question for you, Coach Gosher. Which way to the Louver?
Speaker 4: It's that way. Hey, we're heading there too.
Speaker 6: Race you there?
Speaker 8: Ooh.
Speaker 1: I don't think we'll win this race.
Speaker 2: Me neither. Well, we might make some new friends on the way.
Speaker 8: Just to se.
Speaker 1: We made it.
Speaker 2: The Louver looks like a castle.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, it looks more like a pumid to me.
Speaker 4: A puman may have class.
Speaker 5: Elliott, I think you are talking about the imp pyramid.
Speaker 4: That big glass pyramid in the courtyard of the Louver is actually a piece of art and the main entrance to the museum.
Speaker 3: There must be a lot of art inside the loover.
Speaker 4: It's enormous.
Speaker 3: Well, I know they have my painting in there.
Speaker 4: Lisa, do you have a painting? In the louver.
Speaker 3: Yep, the mona Elisa. Okay, but does anyone see a torch?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: But look all the arts painting outside.
Speaker 4: Paris is famous for its street painters. Cowi. In Paris, you.
Speaker 5: Can enjoy artwork inside and outside the museums.
Speaker 3: Paris is a city of art. Yet lots of it in here. But right now we need to find the torch.
Speaker 1: Look, there's painting has so many pre flowers in it, Cowie. Oh oh, and this one has a cute old dog under an umbrella. Elliot, here's one of the glass pyramids, if even has the fire on top.
Speaker 3: Wait what, Elliott, there's not a fire on the Iya Bay pyramid.
Speaker 4: That's so you like.
Speaker 2: The little flame on the pyramid, then you love my newest painting.
Speaker 3: Hold on, is that the Eiffel Tower?
Speaker 4: It is beautiful?
Speaker 2: No, Billy says, it's beautiful. But why is there a flame on that one too?
Speaker 4: Hmmm? I paint what I seek?
Speaker 3: Hmmm, something's fish?
Speaker 1: Are you thinking?
Speaker 4: When I'm thinking?
Speaker 2: Yes, HiT's a glue.
Speaker 5: Billy says that the thief was at the Louver. But he's not at the Louver anymore. He must have gone up the.
Speaker 1: High flu tower.
Speaker 3: But What is he doing there? I don't know, but we have to get there and get that torch hy on Zi.
Speaker 5: Today, the Lingo Kids' friends met a bunch of basketball players sightseeing in Paris, including Kim Gosher, an Olympic basketball player and coach from Canada. The basketball players helped them find the Louverra, but the Lingo Kids' friends spotted their next clue before they even got inside. Join us in the next episode as Cowie, Lisa, Elliott, and Billy head up the Eiffel Tower on their quest to find the missing Olympic torch and save the Paris twenty twenty four Olympic Games
Speaker 2: Wa