Speaker 1: An Hour two. Sean Hannity showed this Friday, eight hundred and nine four one. Shawn is on number. You want to be a part of the program. Always a privilege to welcome back to the program. Former Speaker of the House, New King Rich Mister Speaker has a new book soon to be released. It's called Trump's Triumph that talks about changing the nation, the world and their President Trump. You know, I'm actually kind of focusing in on the shock and awe aspect and all the reverberations surrounding Donald Trump and this week the milestone of one hundred days and the left going insane and crazy and absolutely they are the nuts party, and more importantly, how the president has taken on the institutionalist mindset and he looks at everything anew and that is shocking to people. And it's not shocking to people like yourself, because you, in your way did it in a major way actually when you were a Speaker of the House. But it took some used to Before you even became speaker, they were saying you're the screwge that stole Christmas.
Speaker 2: Well, before we jump into that, I.
Speaker 1: Just reminding you of the fond memories of yesterday here.
Speaker 2: Well, we still are the only people to balance the budget for four years and literally one hundred last century in one hundred years. So I'm pretty proud of that. And now we have a chance to travel. But I'm not letting you get off of last night. I thought you putting, first of off, putting President Trump in a great speech at Alabama, and then pivoting immediately to Kamala Harris looking lonely, pathetic, confused. I thought that was as cruel as anything I talked. I talked to the President later on because I thought his speech was historic and extraordinary. I told him, I thought what you did was really mean?
Speaker 1: What was mean about it?
Speaker 2: Because she's perfect. Look just by herself, she's pathetic. Would you put her up next to Trump?
Speaker 1: Kind of by design? If you know, I actually think through these things. And I thought it was a perfect transition. I mean, and if you remember, I stopped at one point and I said, I need to, as a public service, thank each and every one of you for going out and working so hard and voting in this election to save us from that.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, and I tell you that was as bad as I've ever seen her.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was so I don't know what was worse, the giggling, the elephants story, or the dancing.
Speaker 2: Or just or just the look on her face. I mean, it's like, you know, she's something. I think she cannot come to grips with having lost, and so she's now living in a total fantasy world.
Speaker 1: Anyway, But isn't that the case for most people? Haven't everyone we learned that yet? No? No, I mean, isn't it the regular practice. Though somebody runs for president, they all believe they're going to win. That's what I've learned. Sure, and they they and and some people a lot of people we've seen in our lifetime. Hillary Clinton would be one. I'd argue John McCain was never the same after he lost. Mitt Romney was never the same after he lost. I mean, you can go down the list and people lose and then they lose their minds.
Speaker 2: That's true, and maybe that's what's happened to her, which, frankly, considering how little she had to lose, is not as big a loss as it could have been. Because but I just thought it was remarkable, and by the way, I went back, I got so intrigued after the show. I went back and got the transcript. I think there's a section towards the end where Trump goes through ten lessons of life that he has learned that I think is so remarkable that I'm encouraging the administration to find ways to get a distributed I mean, it is the essence of an intelligent, serious conservatism at a personal level.
Speaker 1: And it's funny of bringing all this up because I watched I had never watched a long documentary about him, and I saw one. Maybe it was on Netflix or Apple, I don't remember, and I just watched it and I said to him in a private conversation, and I don't mind sharing it with you. I'm sure he wouldn't care that what a remarkable life this man has lived. And I know the four hardest years. I mean, he could have walked away in twenty twenty one and just said I became president and gone on him with the rest of his life, and probably they would have left him alone as my guest. And he decided to fight back, and he made it his mission, and he put all his chips in the middle of the table, and it was either the White House or frankly, in my view of the Big House, there was nowhere in between, and he laid it on the line for his country, for what he believed in, and just being the fighter that he is. And that's what the shock and awe that we see politically every day.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, and what I was impressed with. I put myself in the place of this young pe people at that commencement speech. And here's the guy who is a billionaire, who is the PRESUNDENTI states, who has survived assassination attempts, impeachment attempts, efforts to put him in jail, and he is literally at one point in the speech sharing and it's very effective. I mean I've literally spent part of the morning going over and thinking about it, sharing ten lessons about life that he had learned that he wanted them to learn. And it was a reminder to me that Trump is much more a cultural figure with political consequences than he is a traditional political figure. The reason he resonates is he speaks to the very core of American values, to the work ethic, to a belief in a better future, to a willingness to do what it takes to win. I mean, it is truly and I heard all of our listeners to just get that one section, which I'm going to post it at the English three sixty because I think it's so.
Speaker 1: From you know what, In many ways, I see a lot of similarities in you. I remember one speech you gave I am a genuine revolutionary, you know, the speech that I'm referring to. Yeah, and the way that people took that the wrong way. But you know, if there was three waves of conservatism in our lifetime, culminating in the MAGA movement or Make America Great Again movement, I mean, it was Reagan, it was the Gingrich Revolution, and this is now somebody that is literally taking a chainsaw to the conventional thinking in Washington, which I think is beyond refreshing to me, which is why the leftists lost their mind in this spirit and frankly they've become, my view, have become a soloist party.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's right, and you're going to see this. You don't hear me talk about this a lot in the next six weeks. Republic The Republican Plan on Medicaid raises spending every year that never cuts it. The Democrats are going to back to your point by having no soul Democrats as a strategy, are going to lie to the American people every day, and I think it's a trap for them. I think when the American people realize and we just did a poll at the American's New Majority Project that we run, and when people are told the facts, only fourteen percent think that in a way of cut. Everybody else is totally happy with it, believes it's a fair thing to do. And this is an example where Trump is going to be I think extraordinarily important and I'm hoping that he'll go on the road and go go ten at least ten districts held by Democrats where he had a majority of the vote and explain exactly what's going to be in the reconciliation bill and why you should vote yes. And I think it'll be one of the great moments in American history because the country will rally and the country will say, Yeah, this is the kind of change we need. And the Democrats that interfaced with either crumbling and doing what Trump wants or I think, basically put themselves in a long term decline as a dishonest, corrupt party that votes for things that just can't explain.
Speaker 1: You see, but the reason you're so knowledgeable about this, and I lived this with you and watched it all unfold. When you reduced it's called baseline budgeting, built in spending increases. That that's the establishment thinking process, where you budget in a ten percent increase every year for however many years, and then you know, you insisted on a seven percent increase every year for seven years, and they were calling it a cut. It was not a cut. It was a seven percent increase every year. Those are the exact numbers that we were debating back then, and the exact same lies that Trump will deal with that you had to.
Speaker 2: Deal with, you know, the one thing I give him credit for, though I wasn't fine enough to couple the idea of fake as a way of just describing all of it. So I've said recently, the last three bastions of opposing Trump are the fake news media, the fake district judges, and the fake CBO. And fake CBO is going to produce a fake score, and we need to deal with it that way. We need to say that people upfront, this is part of the corruption. You're tired of. These people lie to you because they want your money. I wrote a piece of the day on the movie Jerry maguire where the football player.
Speaker 1: Has shown me the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, you want to know what the heart of the fight over reconciliation is going to be. It's going to be every interest group saying show me the money. There no policies, no sense.
Speaker 1: By the way, you know, you know who is resisting now the most Republican lawmakers in California and New York because they want salt deduction, state and local taxes deducted, and how much that they ought to be able to deduct every year, which to me only rewards states that elect tax and spend liberal local politicians. I know why they're doing it, because it seems like they're bringing the bacon back to the district.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. I Look, when you're when you're in the very marginal district, in your anxiety written you try to figure out how to appea these people. But in the long run you're better off to win the argument. This will be a good bill California. By the way, as a state legislator, just this week, a Democrat who proposed that the first twenty five thousand dollars you steel in welfare should not be considered a crime.
Speaker 1: In this the bill you got to be kidding. And by the way, you know what they took out of that bill. There was this one bill if somebody's assaulted, it would be a misdemeanor. It's against a woman I believe sixteen or seventeen years old. Off I'm not mistaken that they put that in the bill.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know. I mean the California Democrats, I think are the epitome of having lost their minds.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you. Do you think Gavin Newsom? I think Do you agree with me? I think he has his eyes on the White House. Do you think he has any shot?
Speaker 2: Oh? Look, this is a free country. Everybody has a shot. I mean, there were sixteen guys that got on the stage with Donald Trump. They all had a shot. They just didn't get to win. Do I think Newsom will be the next president? No? I think when people learn how really sick California has become, how many people are leaving it because they just can't stand it, and how much Nuissemus part of the San Francisco mafia. These guys are a corrupt, old machine of huge amounts of money, and they're so far to the left that they probably wonder you know why people at Gorbashaw were so moderate?
Speaker 1: All right? Quick break right back, more with former Speaker of the House New King Rich on the other side than your calls coming up eight hundred and nine four one Sean. If you want to join.
Speaker 3: Us, transmit into over seven hundred radio stations.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is a Sean Hendy show.
Speaker 1: With Memorial Day right around the corner. What will you be flying some faded, flimsy overseas made flag with frayed edges, or adorable, high quality American flag that truly honors the day, one that was hand sown right here in America in Charleston, South Carolina, by true patriots that loved this country. That's right. I'm talking about Allegiance Flag supply and I'll be flying my Allegiance flag and you still have time to get yours before Memorial Day. Now, this is truly a flag to be revered, a flag that you can be proud of. It's also a great gift for a military member in your family or a great Father's Day gift, which is also right around the corner. The only way you can get one is at show Allegiance dot com. One word and when you use the promo code Hannity. You will get free shipping order yours today, and remember May is their busiest month, so make sure you have yours in time. Go to their website one word show allegiance dot com use the promo code Hannity for American flags that are made the American way. I have to continued, Former Speaker of the House, New Gingrich is with us. So I'm asking everybody questions only because I just just at a pure interest. If you had the guest today, who's going to be the Democrats nominee in twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight I have no idea. I think I think it will be probably an unknown person.
Speaker 1: You really do it may.
Speaker 2: Well be a billionaire who comes out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Do you see any path for a moderate let's say it Joshapiro to get the nomination, because I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well there's a path, but it'll be tough. I read Pritsker's speech in New Hampshire. Now, Prisko is rich enough that if he wants to run, he can fund the whole thing. Now, he's also I think a terrible governor. He's a left wing earned not a very attractive personality, but there's so many people like that. Out there, and I don't think we know yet. If trump Ism is working, if the economy, which I think it will be, if the economy is booming, if we really are healthier, safer, and people feel good about it. The Democrats will be in turmodel because some of them will rationally say, shouldn't we kind of go towards the center, But their hard left is going to say no. You know, you have to be of the true faith, you have to be for things that are insane if you're not, which is the whole story of the California Republic Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: Democratic primary voters tend to be leaning towards the more radical left, don't you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think you get the excitement and the turnout with the Bernie Sanders AOC, you know, and and and you know. I mean to be fair Newsome if if he starts with California, he has a pretty big block to start with. But I personally find Newsome not convincing. I mean, he is so plastic. That might just be my bias because I'm come from a different brand of politics, but I mean, I frankly think that that the governor of Michigan is much more dangerous. So the governor of Pennsylvania are both much more dangerous than he is.
Speaker 1: But again, you know, where's the energy in the party, the energies towards AOC, Bernie and Jazz and Crockett.
Speaker 2: That's right. You know.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go over the ten things that you're going to post on Gingridge three sixty and we'll link to yours when you put it up on Hannity dot com. Mister speaker, we always enjoy having you. I first interviewed Nuke Gingridge in nineteen ninety in Decatur, Alabama, in a holiday in hotel room. And there is a picture somewhere I don't know where, but there is one I have, and I have a renewing American civilization. What do you call those tapes? The vhas tapes? I have those for you that I promised I have to get a mailed out to you.
Speaker 2: The American civilization was it's the course, I thought, and then it is.
Speaker 1: It's been. I went back and watched it. I ordered it on like eBay years ago, and then I kept it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's fair to say I got to be a much more competent politician, and you got to be a much more confident radio host. But boy, I would love to have that original interview of the two of us.
Speaker 1: I would I would rather never hear it as long as I live. I really don't want to go by. I can't stand listening to old shows of mine. I hate it. I hate I hate watching myself or listening to myself. It's awful, it's torture. You want to torture me, just play tapes of me around the clock.
Speaker 2: That's something absurd. I sort of fell in love with you because your pure guts. You didn't you didn't know a lot of that, but by God, you were gonna try. And I just thought that is exactly what we need. And when you see this stuff from Trump, you'll see yourself hard.
Speaker 1: No, okay, I'm gonna go over that one at the bottom of the hour, New Gingrich. We appreciate it as always, Thank you, sir. All right, let's get to our busy phones. All right, what are you whispering in my ear? Go to lines one and two. Okay, lines one and two. Blake is in Texas, God bless Texas. Lida is in Nebraska. Blake and Lynn, welcome to the program, And Linda says, europe First I'm not sure why welcome both of.
Speaker 4: You, Nasis Sanity and mister Hannity.
Speaker 2: How you doing, sir?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Who is this Lenner?
Speaker 2: As?
Speaker 1: This Blake?
Speaker 4: This is laying his daddy?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh your your Blake's father. Terrific? Okay, Blake, how are you doing? You're God bless Texas and Nebraska as well. What's going on in Texas?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Not much, Just trying to survive the rain. We've got about twelve and a half inches over the last two weeks, and trying to fix senses and keep cows in the pasture but to creaksuck to keep washing them away.
Speaker 1: Now do you do you? Are you a farmer? What do you do for a living?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 5: I'm a full time ranch hand, so you know, there's about eight thousand acres and stuff where I work at and trying to take care of all these cows and horses and everything, and so.
Speaker 1: You're living like the Yellowstone life, which, by the way, when I'm having a bad day, I'm thinking maybe working a ranch wouldn't be such a bad deal.
Speaker 5: Well, it comes in and you know it's good and it's bad days. You know, some days or worse than others. But you know, we like to see the rain because we've had We've had lunch without rain, and that's worse than it being flooded. So I'll take high waters over low waters at oy of the week.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. I mean it's it's it's tough. I don't care if you're farming. I don't care if you're ranching. But I'm grateful to farmers and ranchers and truckers because they keep our store shelves full and I get to go on Instacart or go to the store and pick out whatever I want. And you know, I just ordered a bunch of steaks yesterday New York Strip and had one for breakfast this morning with my eggs. It was great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me say them steaks. There's a lot into making them things. I'll kid I say that it takes a pretty long process and the tedious process. I should say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lynn, what's going on with you in Nebraska? Is this like your way of communicating? You got to call the show together to communicate with each other if I'm trying to figure this out.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, oh, mister Hannity, I spoke with years ago. I was one that got laid off on the Keystone Xcel pipeline and Biden ham strained us about four years. And this boy the talk to here. You you give him ten thousand dollars one time, and I just want to tell you, from the bottom of my heart, from a wonderful, pleasing father of a good son, thank you very much because it did go straight to his college and he is graduating to be a Texas State game warden.
Speaker 1: No way, I wish I could, honestly, how many years ago is this?
Speaker 4: This is sir, This was probably twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: It was twenty one.
Speaker 5: God remember the interview, because you know he just got laid off when Joe Biden got inaugurated that day one thousands. It's just like him got laid off. You know, he was putting me through college. I didn't have no student loans or anything. He was funding it. And you know he was, you know, in a buying because you know, he needed to provide and without money, it's pretty hard to provide. And you know, you you've done a great deed and gave ten thousand dollars to my to my college fund. And those, uh, those dollars didn't go wasted because I graduate here in about three weeks and pursue my pursue my lifelong goal. So we just kind of wanted to get on here and say thank you for thank you for that deed, and it was very much appreciated of both of us.
Speaker 1: Linda, you you set this up apparently because I had no idea that this was coming. But why Well, first of all, it's I will tell you this my heart. My heart goes out to the people that really make the country great, and that is the working mental women. And when I hear stories where politicians ruined lives, like in your case, lending and and here you I'm sure a pretty at the time, a high paying career job and on the Keystone XL pipeline and that gets ripped out from under you for stupid political reasons and giving into environmental you know, radicals and extremists. I mean, that's heartbreaking. And then you have kids, and you have bills to pay and responsibilities and a dream that you want to send your kid to college and help them better their lives. I mean, I mean that that's that's that's what we do as parents, isn't it. That's what we're supposed to do. And if I'm able to help a little bit. I try to help as much as I can. You know, I feel like I've lived an undeserved life. I never thought i'd be successful than anything. To be very honest, you know, I was. I was happy working in construction. I was happy working in restaurants. I'm happier doing this, but I never thought i'd make money doing this. As a matter of fact, I started working for free. But I'm glad I was able to help you guys. It sounds like it really ended well.
Speaker 4: It did, mister handed In, I'm gonna tell you something. Number One, I'd like to just say, God blessed Donald J. Trump because he's brought us old field workers back, pipeline workers, plant workers. And I'm gonna tell you this third and fourth year quarters is gonna be excellent. Next year is gonna be super excellent, and the next year after that is gonna be We're not gonna have enough manpower. And it's amazing. A man that is a businessman with common horse sense, it comes in here and gets things going. That is a businessman that can prosper the parents, because mister Handy, I don't work for me, I work for them. Kids. That is my ultimate going life. That's my God given privilege to take care of them boys growing up and watching them grow who I am well pleased with. I am so thankful they was born. I just I give thanks my Lord Jesus Christ every day because these kids and they're growing and and it's just it's it's heartbreaking whenever you have a president to come in and I may hamstrain you and cuts you down to nothing. And all I've ever known for thirty five years is welding, and I've done good with it. And and this is the first time in my whole career when one man comes in office and I'm talking, it goes from from good to bad.
Speaker 2: And it just listen.
Speaker 1: As a father, I can relate to everything you saying. It ripsure guts out.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: Ever ever since my kids were born, I mean, I've started putting whenever I could as much money away for their for their college. I can I can proudly say I'm that both graduated college and they went to the colleges that they wanted to go to. I didn't have any saying any by the way, my kids told me where going to college. I had no saying it at all whatsoever, which didn't annoy the hell out of me. But it's it's their life, it's their dream, it's not mine. I've I pursued my life the way I wanted to, and it's up to them now to pursue theirs. And I'm just glad this worked out for both of you. And and really, you know, when you really think about it, I think it's the goal of any parent, you know, to hand off, you know, a better life to your children and your grandchildren. And I know, in my case, both my parents grew up poor. My grandparents came here, all four of them from Ireland, four and I know I stand on their shoulders, and uh, I'm I'm grateful to them because they live much harder lives than I do. Whenever I stop bitching, moaning and complaining, whining in my head or my heart, I stopped myself by remembering, you know what, I don't have it so.
Speaker 4: Bad, Yes, sir, yes, sir, we're we're blessed. Me and my men family is blessed and highly favored. God sees favor us there every day, and I.
Speaker 1: Just I'm thankful forward well, I'm proud of you. Blake good job. Lynn, You're a great dad. I'm glad I can help a little bit, and I'm very touched by your story, more importantly by your faith, your your work ethic. You both personify what makes this country great and I'm grateful to both of you. God bless you both. Please stay in touch and we really appreciate you checking back in with us.
Speaker 5: Thank you, yes, sir, thank you, mister Handy. It's much appreciated.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right. God bless you and your kids when they're coming along too. Uh, all right, you set me up. Thanks a lot. But that's a good story.
Speaker 6: That's like one of those stories where you know, you feel, my God, there's so much bad news. And he called in and he was talking to Katie and he was reminding us of when he called in. And the weird thing is is like when you're going through it so long, but then he's like, oh, yeah, he's graduating. I'm like what, Like, he's done and he's moving on and he's starting his life. And you know, you have a little bit more than the average bear. And the fact that you're willing to share it with so many people is you know, it's really not common Swan. Most people are really you know, they're just they just don't do what you do. So I thought it was great that he wanted to call in and talk to you. And he's just I mean, my God, listen to him. He's like, I'm blessed and favored by the Lord. I mean, the guy is so reverent, so kind, so grateful. It's just he's just awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, I I don't understand. I do know people in life that are cheap, I really do, and I sometimes it's inexplicable to me. You know, I do have this sense that if you been blessed in your life, that you do have an obligation to help other people. I can't help everybody out, you know, but when I can, and I see the moment, you know, like churches talk about tithing, right, and I do give money to my church, But I'm not the big that there's lots of ways to me you can tie. Then maybe I'm just this is my own thought process. But when you see somebody in need, you help them. I think that just as if you can, you help them.
Speaker 6: You know, I saw this thing the other day on X and I'm addicted to X. I'm always on it. But this guy is a homeless guy is working in a grocery store, and there's there's this guy that goes around and he will pretend that he needs something, right like, I'll walk into a store and he'll say, hey, do you have a dollar. I'm trying to get baby food and I can't afford it. And whoever helps him out from the kindness of their heart, he gives them like five hundred dollars or a thousand dollars or whatever. This particular guy worked at the store gave him the dollar, and he goes, listen, this is this is all I have, but I hope it helps with your baby. And he hands them five hundred dollars on the spot. Well, somebody else stopped him on the way and he said, listen, that guy's homeless. He just gave you a dollar out of his pocket. He literally lives on the street and then you know, cleans up at like a shelter and then comes into work. And so he started like a gifts and Go or a go funding online from they raised one hundred thousand dollars for this homeless man because.
Speaker 1: He The American people are so generous it's unbelievable. You know, my kids fairly recently. They're both in the car with me, right, and I just see this old, elderly homeless guy and it was such a sad, sad picture. I mean, his head is down, he looks just so beaten down, depressed, defeated, and I just pulled over the car and my kids in the back are like amongst themselves, and they told me after they're betting how much I was going to give the guy, because they've they've seen me do this before and we talk about it. The only thing I do say to people when I give the money, I'm saying, please, don't spend this money, my money on alcohol and drugs. I do say that. And I asked them are you drinking? Are you? You know? And some people are honest, some people aren't, you know. In this case, I don't think the guy drank. I really don't. I just hope he didn't. Just I hope, Well, I didn't get he certainly was sober when when I saw him, didn't seem like the type of guy that was using drugs, And so, you know, I just handed the guy I always carried cash. My kids don't understand that either. They don't care kids today. Don't carry cash?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 1: Kids carry? Gotta carry cash? Cash is case exactly. I tell them all the time and I'm like, how much do you have on you? And I'm like, oh, and then I'm like, I'm taking money out of my pot. Always carried cash. I have to fight with them every single time I see them. I'm like, what do I tell you? Always carry cash? And anyway, so I gave the guy a hundred bucks and I'm like, and I just think. And my kids asked me, well, what if they what if they do buy alcoholic drugs? I said, that's on them because I asked them not to do that at that point. And there was a point in my life I thought, well, you're just enabling people, et cetera, et cetera. I mean, when somebody is that beaten down, there's nothing that they're going to be that you're going to be able to say that it's going to get them into a job that day or anytime soon. And so many people have mental health issues. Anyway, I think that it is nice. And I will say this the American people and all of you, in your own way, I'm sure have all reached into your pocket to help people out when you can, and it doesn't matter. I don't care if it's two dollars of five dollars, I don't care what it is. It's it's it's and it's not a cliche to say it's the thought that counts. It's just human decency. If you can help people, why not. All right, take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll continue on the other side. Eight hundred ninety four one, Shawn is our number. If you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 3: By a SICO winning yet me either, world leaders, union, businesses, social media. They all want to work with Trump.
Speaker 1: He said what he was going to do, and then he did it.
Speaker 3: A White House is open for business and America is bad. Bat Nnedy's on right now.