Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike SEMPERVV.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it all.
Speaker 3: Let's get it. Mike Sempervv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in. I aart American Forces Radio cable radio network, two Sports Byline dot Com over the air affiliates podcasting, or maybe you're watching via Twitch or YouTube. However you're joining me today, I'd just like to say thank you. Hopefully wherever you are at Sonny outside, even if not hopefully, it's Sonny inside your mind Sonny out here right now I'm at it's freezing though. When I say freezing, I mean fifty degrees. I'm not ready for this, don't like this, but it could be worse. Somebody out there is probably literally freezing right now. Where's thirty two degrees International Falls, Minnesota or something like that. I don't know how you do it, folks, I really don't. I don't know how I do this show without Brian here. Oh wait, yes I do. Filthy Tom Lawler will be joining me today a lot to get into Brian's not here. He will not be here tomorrow either. I don't know where he is and it doesn't really matter. The only thing I know is he will be back for Fun Friday, That's what he is promising at least, but he won't get a chance to talk about it, his favorite show of all time, NXT won't get a chance to talk about Dynamite, which has got a ton of stuff already announced for tonight, Tom and I will take you through that card, plus NXT from last night and a whole lot of other stuff as well. We have a new match for Josh Barnett's blood Sport with another NXT participant who's actually involved in some things in her personal life right now, at least when it comes to the personal life on NXT. So hopefully this person, who I will reveal here a little bit, will be able to set all of their drama to the side, because they will be facing off in fisticuffs when he comes to Josh Barnett's blood Sport. Liv Morgan is looking to expand her horizons more in the acting world. Will tell you about that, as well as Matt Riddle, who does not believe that he will be Goldberg's final opponent. You don't say, Tom, and I'll get this thing started when we get back Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 5: How would you like to go in a five star vacation for just ninety nine dollars. We're talking about the quality of a Westgate resort for ninety nine dollars, not for one night, but for three fantastic nights at one of their luxurious destinations across the United States, and you'll even get a free one hundred dollars Visa gift card just for making a reservation. We've got some of the choices destinations that you'll love in the United States that you can choose from for just ninety nine dollars for a three nights day, take your family, take a special love one but get away, go on vacation with Westgate Resorts. All now to make a reservation for just ninety nine dollars and you get a free one hundred dollars Visa gift card. Cool Westgate right now and book your vacation. Here's the number.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred two nine two sixty one five six, eight hundred two nine two six one five six, eight hundred two nine two sixty one five six. That's eight hundred two nine two sixty one fifty six. Heay here, that's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling I know, I do, that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine light or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill. It's time to shield against unexpected repairs with Carshield. Carshield as America is most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield, Car Shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and hello to peace of mind. Your plan also comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance courtesy tolling, rental car options, and so much more. Don't wait till it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, protect your wallet, protect your car with Carshield. Get our best protection ever Call now you'll thank me later. Eight hundred four to two five two three one seven, eight hundred four to two five two three one seven. That's eight hundred four to two five twenty three seventeen.
Speaker 4: Keep listening for a free virus protection offer. Protect your computer from crashing and online scams. According to National Research, one third of all computers are infected with some sort of computer malware and one third of you have been a victim of online fraud. Protect yourself now with my Computer Works. We're an eighteen year old US based company with a four point eight Google rating. We've helped your neighbors protect their computers for almost twenty years, and now you two can be protected for less than one dollar a day. Get your total PC home support right now. Call our US based specialist right now and learn about our free offer, and remember, if we can help you, our services cost you nothing, so call right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred three five two seven six one eight, eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight. That's eight hundred three five two seventy six eighteen.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show, Mike sempervv and Filthy Tom Lawler here with you. Jim Valley is here with you on Saturday starting at one pm Eastern Time, and Andrews. Aarian joins you beginning at six pm Eastern on Sundays. I'd also love it if you made the Wrestling News part of your day. You can find it wherever you find your favorite podcast, or head on over to the Wrestling News dot com and at Wrestling newsab on X and Facebook. Every single day of the year everything you need to know to get your day started, get you up to date, or get you to your favorite long form review podcast like Wrestling Observer Radio, which we'll be back sometime very late tonight slash early tomorrow morning, Dave and Brian talking about everything going on on AEW Dynamite tonight and everything else around the world of wrestling. You can become a member of Wrestling Observer dot com very easily. I'll tell you how you can do that later on in the show, or just head on over to wrestling Observer dot com. You get to hear Filthy four daily shows that way, with my friend filthy Tom Lawler. Now, Tom, should we begin this show talking about your adventures from over the weekend, including most specifically in Lowell, Massachusetts on Fighting Spirit Unleashed.
Speaker 7: No, which should probably just pass over it, but yes, but now that you bring it up, sure we could talk about that show if you'd like, because it is also a bit topical because today, just today, ww NXT announced that they will be running that very same arena, the Lowell Memorial Auditorium next month, I believe on December thirteenth, twelfth, seventeenth. I believe it is seventeenth. I'm doing this off the top of my head, so but yes, I took place in a two out of three falls match this past weekend in Lowell, mass for New Japan Pro Wrestling at the Fighting Spirit on Lease show, and unfortunately, once again, my prophecy came true. I had said for years and years that the West Coast Wrecking Crew are one of the best teams in professional wrestling, and well they showed it because they once again defeated myself and Fred Rosser in a bloody, bloody, heated affair. But we move on, and I moved on the next day to the MLW show, the Lucha Apocalypto show in Chicago, another in a long line. I believe the entire year has been a show of sellouts for MLW. You and I was on the stick with a Joe Dombrowski and it was a great night of Lucha libre themed action. Mystico defended his MLW World Middleweight title in the main event, and you could check that out on YouTube for free. And you can also watch the Fighting Spirit on least show on New Japan World for no extra cost if you are a subscriber.
Speaker 3: Now, how do you say filthy in Spanish? Because I was really hoping that you would not reveal your presence there and you would leave the mask on for the entire show. Is like, you know, el filthy or something like that.
Speaker 7: Well, actually, Mike, there was a time a long time ago when I was a professional mixed martial artist and I would travel Yeah, me Filthy Tom Waller. I would travel around the world learning new ways to enter the octagon and do weigh ins, but also honing my skill. And one of those times I found myself in a how about a Cuba of all places, training boxing for a month, and while I was there, somebody recognized me and they said, oh, they said, oh, el Cochino, el Cochino, which translates to the pig.
Speaker 3: Wait. I just did the Google translation here, ask quirso as couroso. Yes, asqu e r O s o l s coroso. But they called you the pig.
Speaker 7: I believe el Cochino has a better ring to it, and in many ways is very very fitting.
Speaker 3: Now, how was that experience like in Cuba? I mean, what year was that? Do you can you remember off the top of your head? I believe because all I can picture is no matter what it is, whether it's nineteen seventy nine or whether yesterday, I could just picture this boxing gym with nothing but pictures of Tepelo Stevenson like around everywhere saying our hero.
Speaker 7: No, you know where it was? It was at one of those very famous in pictures and video outdoor boxing gyms, Gabay No not gwenttanam obey you fool. Hey. Speaking of boxing, we have a huge, a huge fight this weekend, unfortunately, the biggest boxing fight of the year, probably as Mike Tyson, at fifty eight years old, comes out of retirement to take on Jake Paul and There's been a lot said about this fight. Probably the less said the better, but since people love it, we might as well reference it. I can tell you from experience, every single year that goes by now is like an xp finential increase in years of wear and tear in your body. And for Mike Tyson to come out of retirement at fifty eight years old, it's it's a bad idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's yes, yes it is.
Speaker 7: I'm going to watch it, of course, But freak show.
Speaker 3: It's two dogs bonan on the side of the road. I mean, that's that's what it is. It's an absolute freak show. And they seem to be doing everything to make you want to believe that Mike Tyson has a shot in this. And look, Mike Tyson, it looks to be an incredible shape at fifty eight years old. The thing is he looked the same at thirteen years old. I mean he was always a physical freak. He always has been that way. That's why he was heavyweight champion of the world at nineteen twenty years old. Whatever it was where he knocked out Trevor Berbick.
Speaker 7: No man, no mere mortal, no mere human could snort as many lines of cocaine as Mike Tyson did in his prime and still be on this planet. The amount of resilience that man has is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: That Okay, that that that's true, although I know some people that have done some mountainous amounts of cocaine in their lifetimes. But he looks fantastic. But the thing is, and all the press and all the gimmicks that they're doing, it makes you. You know, It's like, there's Paul taking pictures, there's him being a goofball, there's him doing this and that, and Mike Tyson is just killing people in black and white, and they're just showing that training footage. It's like, yeah, and I know that. Look, I know you can bet on this fight, which is insane to me as well too. Not only is it taking place, you can put odds on it. But I mean, honestly, at the end of the day, I think everybody would love to see Paul get knocked out or at least get his mouth, you know, wired shut for a while. I think that would be doing all of us a favor. But the reality is is he's an actual athlete who's in his what still eight twenties or whatever it is. Yes, he is physically smaller technically than Tyson when it comes to wait, but he's taller and he's active every day doing this stuff. Honestly, without the rainbow lucky punch that might land in there, is there any shot Mike Tyson wins this?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, because Jake Paul is not the best boxer in the world.
Speaker 3: I mean he's out there.
Speaker 7: True, he's out there wearing a rooster on his head at the pre fight skirmish or whatever he was doing. So yeah, I think there's a I think it's a fifty to fifty fight. To be honest, I would love.
Speaker 3: To see Tyson knock Matt. I just don't think that that's the way it's going to go. It's just whether gonn to be any warm ups for this same they announced any freak show like type of you know, is KSI coming in there to like grapple with somebody or something like that. Are there any is there any pre card to this?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, just tuning into Tyson and Paul.
Speaker 7: Amanda Serrano I believe.
Speaker 3: Is oh is she fighting a real person because she's good?
Speaker 7: Well, yes, I believe she's fighting a real person. Although I don't know. Maybe they got a hologram in this day and age.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't I wouldn't doubt it if they have, Like you know, I don't know Christy Martin, Like, are they pulling her out of retirement to have a fight. I mean, there's gonna be a movie coming out here relatively soon with her, if I'm not mistaken. So I don't know which. By the way, who is the Sydney Sweeney is playing the coal miner's daughter? Have you have you heard about that? No?
Speaker 7: But I will sure go look up photographs as we go off the air.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling you should, because amazingly they actually made Sydney Sweeney actually look like her. It was just absolutely amazing making her look like Christy Martin, something I didn't think could happen. One thing I know is going to happen is at some point this music's gonna stop and we're gonna have a break, So I better get out. Wrestling Observer Alive.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike Semperviv and Filthy Tom Lawler here with you. Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano are going to be having their rematch of their twenty twenty two bout at Madison Square Garden on the undercard of Mike Tyson and Jake Paul. One of the few fights, one of the few women's fights that you could actually put in the main event position at the very least on basic cable television, and that is going to be underneath the Paul Tyson fight on Netflix. And I have not heard one word about that fight or anything else. Obviously that's going to be on that undercard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I mean this weekend's. This weekend's dominated by the two big freak show fights Tyson Paul, and then John Jones and step Amochick headlining the UFC on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: John Jones is gonna win, that isn't he. I'm going with Jones, but we'll see.
Speaker 7: Is there any question I would imagine after a near fourteen hundred day layoff by Steve Amochick to come back in and face he hasn't fought in Venom fight shorts ever, and he's gonna come back and face and somewhat insurmountable task a fighter no one has been able to defeat except for the legend Matt Hammill, and that is Johnny Bones Jones. The best fighter, the best fighter of mixed martial arts history.
Speaker 3: He really is, which is kind of disappointing because he's such a d bag and you've had so many instances of him hiding under a ring when the doping agents show up, and all the ridiculous stories. I think the first ridiculous story I had ever heard was I went up and covered the first fight at the Prudential Center and it was and it was Jones. What was the deal there? I think it was at the Prudential Center, but it was Jones chasing down a robber in Central Park to get a woman's purse back. And it's like, you've got to be kidding me. And it's amazing how many people wrote such glowing things about Jones in the media at the time and then would just completely trash him and everything about him behind his back or not put that in print. And I guess a lot of that had to do with the fact that the UFC held such a tight grip on a lot of their reporters. I mean, there's a plenty of stories Jonathan Snowden and plenty of other people that lost their credentials by being, you know, less than glowing in their praise of UFC. But it's been an amazing run for amazing run for both of those guys, and that I didn't realize Steve A's been out for that long, and the fact that John Jones is still number one a draw and number two, like you mentioned, arguably the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all time. Now I think there's George Saint Pierre, there are other people I think you can throw into that mix. Do you hold anything against Jones for the fact that there is a question over him and doping and things like that. Do you think there's any anything that black mark against his record at all as compared to somebody else who didn't test positive or doesn't have that shadow over them.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have to go and look through a long list of guys to find people that did not test positive at the top of this sport, at this level, my friend. And that's not even mentioning the number of guys who were on TUES TRT replacement therapy when it was allowed. So how do you how do you quantify those results. You know what I mean. Ped use is an open, dirty secret across mixed martial arts. And I'm not talking about the devil ostering. I'm talking about the hard stuff. You got guys taking EPO at the top level there. I mean, yeah, there's a lot of instances. So I'm not sure you can even look at John Jones and go, well, hey, this disqualifies him from you know, being the greatest ever, because then who do you start throwing in the conversation. The only one that's gonna have a clean record is GSP and how many people were just accusing him left and right, left and right of using stuff over the years. So I think when it comes to mixed martial arts, you kind of just gotta you gotta look at the results. And John Jones is the best ever. He's undefeated except for a DQ loss, which is questionable. He got dqed for beating a guy up too badly, essentially in mixed martial arts. But yeah, he's he's the goat.
Speaker 3: You know, never tested positive for anything, at least according to him, Josh Barnett never. I remember when he got Popeye California, we had an interview for him because I can't remember if it was a Pride based interview or a New Japan I can't remember what it was, but it was like, well, the CSAC says that this happened, and it's like, well, how do you respond to that? And his response was simply, well, they lied, and I use that as a bridge to get to Josh Barnett's Blood Sport twelve event coming up on November twenty fourth. In a social media post on Tuesday night, Barnett announced that NXT's Carmen Petrovitch will paysue Me Sakai at Blood Sport, taking place at the White Eagle Hall in Jersey City, New Jersey. Petrovich is the second NXT wrestler announced for the show, as Charlie Dempsey has already been announced as taking on Akira on the show. The rest of the card so far has Marina Shaffir against Jody Threat, Josh Alexander against Speedball Mike Bailey, a battle between violences forever. I like this, Dominic Greeny against Kevin Ku. The former Zaiya Lee who goes by the name ley Ying Lee now will face off against Masha Slamovich and what I will safely assume is going to be the main event. Barnett himself in there with Montel Vontavius Porter, MVP. Do you like this show? I know you'd like it a lot more if you were on it. But as far as how it's laid out right now, what do you think?
Speaker 7: What's not to like? You've got a number of different styles, different types of fighters under this same rule set. You've got karl In Petrovic, a accomplished karateka would have been in the Olympics in twenty twenty. I believe if they had gone down as they were scheduled, she.
Speaker 3: Was that good. I did not realize that.
Speaker 7: I don't know, maybe I made that up. It's pro wrestling.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: The MVP, who most people probably don't know, is a Brazilian Jiu jitsu black belt himself. He's been training for a long time and he's got that running drive by kick, vicious moyt flying muy Thai boot to the face. Yeah, these shows are always great, and I'm sure this one's once again gonna deliver.
Speaker 3: Interested to see the Josh Alexander speedball. Mike Bailey won too, because Alexander obviously a great wrestler. Great on the Matt and Bailey with the kicks and everything will be interesting to see how that whole thing plays itself out.
Speaker 7: Last time Josh Alexander was in Bloodsport, it was during the pandemic in Indianapolis, and he took on Davy Boyce Smith Junior, the now current reigning All Japan Pro Wrestling Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion, and Josh Alexander was drinking through a straw for the rest of the night after that match.
Speaker 3: A guy who likes to drink through straws because he likes to drink. Matt Riddle is not optimistic that he is going to be Bill Goldberg's final opponent. The man whose name was first on these Bloodsports shows years and years ago now announced recently that he doesn't think that Goldberg wants to step up to the plate. That's what he said on a podcast What is It here? The Barstool Wrastlin podcast is where he made that comment. Riddle was asked if he and Goldberg had straightened out their beef, which began after Riddle made public comments calling Goldberg an unsafe worker and also that he could beat him in a real fight. He says, me and Bill, we've talked we were actually on a flight from Saudi. We were on a Saudi show like one of the Crown Jewel events, as if there were other pro wrestling events going on there where Goldberg and ro women flying back from he thinks it was a Crown Jewel event. We had some cocktails, no kidd and a discussion. I don't think there's any bad blood. I think he has more of an understanding of where I was coming from. I definitely have an understanding of where he's coming from and why he finds what I say disrespectful and things like that. I completely understand. Don't mean it that way. We're professional wrestlers. I'm just spitting facts and I can back it up. This is what it is. A lot of people in WWE took that as disrespect. But if you fought in the UFC and now you're in WWE, what am I supposed to do? Forget my whole career? It's like, no, I can stretch like ninety eight percent of people as a man who has lived in both worlds. Right now, Filthy Tom, what is the percentage of people that you believe that you can stretch?
Speaker 7: Ninety nine point nine percent of them?
Speaker 3: That's why you're the man in Matt Roll's bum bringing up Goldberg again trying to get some shine here. I mean, it makes for a nice headline and everything. I just could not believe that that was on the front page of the sites with the line that he is not optimistic about being Goldberg's final opponent. Yeah, I think the gun third thing is gonna work itself out just fine. I believe.
Speaker 7: I would like to say it's perhaps possible that it was not a Crown Jewel event. It could have been the greatest royal rumble that they were on together.
Speaker 3: I guess, So that's possible.
Speaker 7: I guess, sure, yeah, and quite frankly, I mean, Matt Rutle's right. If I were Goldberg, I would tread lightly because he doesn't have the best track record. If I remember, every time he's backing up fighters back in Pride, his favorites would routinely lose when he was doing commentary. And then just weeks ago, just weeks ago, we saw him in the corner at one FC, I believe, in the corner of Liam Harrison, who got annihilated in the first round. But Goldberg was back there slamming his head into the lockers. Hyping him up as he's on his way out there to get slaughtered.
Speaker 3: So no shot that dynam makee it gets slaughtered in the ratings by NXT tonight because well they're running by themselves. NXT was last night. We'll get to that in the next segment. But tonight live on TBS Total Mortgage Arena in Bridgeport, Connecticut, Penelope FOURD against Doctor Britt Baker, Roderick Strong, Lance Archer Adam Cole Knoski takeshta Hangman in Christian Cage against Jay White and Juice Robinson FTR against the House of Black Swerve in Leo Rush. And I'll get to the rest of what's been gonna be going on on that show. Will we get back from break Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 9: Bridgeport build up to Black Friday with savings all month long and Loaves get up to fifty percent off select major appliances, plus take an additional ten percent off when you buy select major appliances, and don't wait to pick up Holiday inflatables under twenty dollars. Don't wait to save in store or online now because Loas knows deals about eleven six through twelve four cannot be combined with additional discounts. Seelods dot com for details and qualifying items while supplies last.
Speaker 4: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills.
Speaker 3: Life insurance can even pay for college.
Speaker 4: And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing. It can even help cover estate taxes. Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the life insurance quote lined right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred ninety one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four.
Speaker 10: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finished their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Called Durance Publishing right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 11: Find what you love, love what you find.
Speaker 3: A total wine and more the soul much waiting for use me rids and beer.
Speaker 11: Thousands of wine guys in the know prices so it does.
Speaker 3: Fight floy your mind.
Speaker 11: Kanna find what you love and love what you find. I'll open in Rochester Hills at Winchester Center next to Dick Sporting Goods Drink Responsibly be twenty one.
Speaker 2: You were listening Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVVI on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike simpervb Filthy, Tom Lawler here with you, let me tell you something about sports washing, just to continue a conversation from through the break. So Turque Alichic is going to buy where the saudiast are going to buy ring magazine, which has been dormant now in print form for several years. It's only online. I think there's one boxing magazine out there, and it's like every it's quarterly or something like that that comes out. So he is going to be bringing back the ring. What's going to be interesting is because again I try to stay away from anything being sports washed, but it may be difficult here at some point with the way that actual professional sports contracts are going up, where it is going to be almost it's hard for me to leave that cutter. Saudi Arabia other places are not going to really start investing or be asked to invest into some of these sports teams to try to bring in some cash flow. Obviously, you see the cash flow that they give away to WWE fifty million dollars a pop or whatever it is for the shows that they're running over there. It seems like that's something And I could be wrong, and this isn't exactly the forum for it. But we talk about boxing, we talk about WWE with the Saudis, I mean MMA, obviously you see that tie in. It's hard to believe that they're not going to be doing more investing into existing NBA, NHL, whatever sports franchise is here. Am I crazy for thinking that?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. I mean there are other companies that are taking money or being invested in when it comes to mixed martial arts. Buy these countries in the Middle East, right, I believe the Saudis also own a portion of the PFL. Yeah, right, Brave, there's Brave Fighting Championship, There's UAE Warriors, and I would you know, imagine that those are set up in a way in which, you know, you bring in fans, you get the event. I mean, they're they're probably putting out money for them, and I'd assume it's gonna happen, you know, more and more in the long run. Although with boxing, as you mentioned, I believe the big push now is for you know, no more ri odd season outside of Saudi Arabia, but now to try to get people to go to Saudi Arabia for these big events.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do it. I just I couldn't do it. But anyway, let's get back to the wrestling point of why why, yeah, why couldn't you do it? Number One, that's a long flight and I'm not doing that. I don't like to fly really anyway, let alone across an ocean for that amount of time. To go to a country that I don't know, Man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I know you've been over in the Middle East and everything. It's no sweat off your back or anything.
Speaker 7: Around the world. Na yah yah yah.
Speaker 3: No. I always wanted to go to Egypt, and I think that's going to be out Ever since Mubar got overthrown and everything that shook out there, I don't think I'll be going.
Speaker 7: But it just you ought me to call a favor from uh Karam Gabar.
Speaker 3: No, because he'll find out that I was a big fan of Kazuyuki Fujita. You remember what happened there. Yes, I do it was that's what happens when olympians go in over confident and get knocked out by professional wrestlers on Pride shows. You never saw him ever try that again, and in fact, he was one of the guys I remember that I think it was.
Speaker 7: I think it was a K one. I think it was a K one.
Speaker 3: Nay K one Dynamite or something like that. I just remember he was one of the guys that was really being looked at as somebody that could be in professional wrestling. And then after that happened, I don't think I ever heard from the guy again after that. I don't think in fight for him, not an amateur wrestling form for sure, and obviously not professional wrestling. Knocked all the hope right out of that man, something I believe.
Speaker 7: I believe he's doing pretty well in Egypt actually and probably and another instance in which I use all of my brain power in the past to remember absolutely pointless minutia and details because it did take place. K one Dynamite December thirty first, two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: Never saw Johnny Morton fight again, too, but that was a different K one show, which brings up different laughable memories. But swarre stricken little Leo Rush. I don't know if I said that before the break. When it comes to Tonight's Dynamite, also Will Osprey will appear, Bobby lashleywoll appear, We'll hear from Jamie Hayter, Mina Shirik Howa returns, and John Moxley will see he'ze the superstation TBS be able to help out their production at all. Possibly they're sound mixing.
Speaker 7: John Moxley's gonna be the guy you go to for sound mixing. I'd imagine he's more like a caveman in the back pressing the buttons.
Speaker 3: But what does it mean that he's going to seize the superstation TBS and it's a something that you want to advertise ahead of time. I mean, if he was gonna seize it, I mean, now, wouldn't they have security set up? Wouldn't TBS have somebody there WBD.
Speaker 7: You would think that, But I've noticed that AW has a relatively poor security force. When it comes to these things. They need they need a man to step up and make sure things are secure. They need a man to step up and make sure things are safe, make sure things are on lockdown. And that man the next Doug Dillinger. You could be looking at him, but you're not. I recommend Roadblock from WCW.
Speaker 3: I think he may have passed away or Block did oh quite some time ago.
Speaker 7: But how about well, maybe maybe he's in maybe he's currently in charge of their security then, because John Moxley just seems to do whatever he wants exactly, Well, how did Darby Allen get up in this ceiling a few weeks ago? Don't you think they'd have that figured out?
Speaker 3: That's been one of those wrestling ones that we've never even asked. You know how we talked about like wrestler paralysis, that it really afflicts so many guys, like somebody's music hits and then RVB just goes and they just stare. Like nobody ever said, why is sting? How did he get up into the stands? Nobody ever questioned that? So I think that's the extension of sting is if nobody's questioning Sting, nobody's gonna question how Darby got up there? Either just the thought, I don't know, thanks for letting me transition poorly here, and now I know what Brian goes through and he does this show with me to c W and n XD, which I made Tom watch because he had to to do the show today. And the show opened with Jakara Jackson and Lash Legend against Stephanie Vakhor and Julia Julia Pinn Jakara after she and Vakhera hit a double V trigger in about eleven minutes. It was a solid opening to the match, and Jakara Jackson has gotten better, which is amazing that if somebody continues to wrestle that they may actually pick things up and get better. Lash Legend has as well. She is a physical freak compared to some of the women that they have on that roster, even some of the people on the main roster. At some point, if they can actually round into something, Jakara and Lash they will be impactful on that main roster. But there's been talking about pushing him up there sooner rather than later. I don't want to see that happen, although I do want to see Noam Dhar when he comes back, possibly up on the main roster, which would then go ahead and bring everybody up. But then we got the first of three Iron Survivor Challenge qualifying matches.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, can I say something actually about that because I think that Jakar Jackson and lash Legend should be on the main roster because to me, they are two instances of which I think they will step up and rise to the occasion.
Speaker 7: I think lash Legend has been a high level athlete her whole life, and I think put into a situation in which she gets to wrestle better people, she gets to be on the main roster environment, I think she is, you know, one of the few prospects that you could say this about with limited experience that would step up and you know, look better in the long run for being up there earlier.
Speaker 3: I think Obafemi has that potential as well too, just on the men's side of things. You know, he's only had really a handful of matches in his entire career since he came out, and obviously they believed him enough to make him one of the faces of NX team, make him the North American Champion, and he's done that very well. I could see him going up to the main roster and actually succeeding there as well.
Speaker 7: Too, I agree, especially especially hot on the heels of guys like Francis Naganu and rug rug taken over the Combat Sports world. You know, we need an African star on the main roster.
Speaker 3: I think sol Ruka defeated Kora Jade with the Soul Snatcher in about three and a half minutes. There really wasn't much to say about it. It was fine, it was it went quickly, and I thought Kora was gonna get the victory. But they're putting Soul Ruka in the Iron Survivor Challenge, So there you go. Backstage, Carmen Petrovitch, she was talking with Dion Lennox and her mind was completely onto Chante Diodonas. That's when Carly Bright walked over, then followed by Ashanti walking over, and at the time I didn't realize this. They made a mixed tag match for next week between Carmen and Ashante against Dion and Carly, but how the segment ended it was open, so they never actually said that that was gonna happen. They ended up saying it later on in the show after commercial. Came back to a bunch of people in the boardroom talking to Ava. At the end of it. Basically, what it comes down to is there's going to be tag Team Moore's taking place to see who comes and faces actual him and Nathan Fraser. Next we finally saw Josh Briggs again. He walked out of there. We end up seeing him later on. He's got Yoshiki in a mura of rustling Noah with him.
Speaker 7: It's like, what, I sure?
Speaker 3: Why not? I guess they were talking until Eddie Thorpe came in to yell at Ava about always blowing him off, and Ava said, look, I know you need a shot. I know you want a shot. And so he is going to be in one of the Iron Survivor Challenge matches that's going to be coming up. Trick Williams came out for an entring promo, calling out Ridge Holland. Instead he got Andre Chase, who told him he's not done with Ridge. Seems like Trick was about to offer Ridge a shot or Andre Chase a shot at the NXT Championship when Holland's music hit and he came down to the ring and he is by far the most hated man when he comes to that Performance Center on the roster. They were booing him the entire time. You would have thought it was Dominic Mysterio or you know, Don kallis in there. The way they booth. Throughout the entire thing, Chase told Hollands he wants one more match with him. Ridge said no. Chase then said he would put Chase You on the line for the match, and rich says he didn't care about the university, but then thought about it and said, okay, I'll take it, and if he wins the match, Chase You has got to disband. Riley Duke and THEA need to go their own way. Later on, when Andre Chase was talking to them, they didn't seem to be real confident. And Andre's chances of being able to defeat Ridge Holland for the Number one contendership and go on for the NXT title. Will you be sad if Chase You goes away? I will.
Speaker 7: I'm not very confident in mister Chase's chances here either against Ridge Holland. I think Chase You is not long for this world. But I'm sure. I'm sure one day they'll be reunited, so we can look forward to that, maybe four years down the road when graduation should have taken place now.
Speaker 3: I don't know why the first match with the women with Soul and with Cora Cora went three and a half minutes. I have no idea why that happened, and they gave four and a half minutes to Adrian and Rizzo. Nikita Lyons in a bad match. It was just bad. And there's a great example of somebody not getting enough reps when it comes to either one of those women's the Lion's been hurt for a while and Rizzo, who is a great cartoon character standing with the di'angelo family, like, at some point, if she's going to wrestle, maybe you ought to let her have some more matches.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, Nikita Lyons missed her timing. She was, you know, in a better place before the injury. She came back and I don't know. To me, it seems like she's almost got nowhere to go right now, and if she had a place to go, it should probably be to the hospital, the cemetery, the morgue because Rizzo at the end of the match hit her in the back of the head with a crow bar.
Speaker 8: That's assault, brother and battery, I believe, And like, yeah, I know, I know you're upset.
Speaker 3: Thank Dom there for throwing in the music or commed at any cursing or anything like.
Speaker 7: A little already the rugged man in the house huh like that. Just like that review quite rugged.
Speaker 3: We still got a little bit more to go, which we will after the break. Rusting Observer Alive.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike simper vv and filthy Tom Lawler here with you. I want to hear Tom actually sing some Ari the Rugged Man bars. When hear him actually do some of definition of a rap flow at that speed? Do you think you can do it?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not? I would Butcher Butcher the great work of ra the Rugged Band. Are you kidding me? We've got it. We've got to cover the rest of this NXT show anyways.
Speaker 3: Who is fast and bouncy? Javan Evans is fast and bouncy? Oh see, I thought you were gonna play the music for out throughout the whole thing. He defeated Lexus King in about nine and a half minutes because Lexus King still won't do anything dirty like his father did. And then it was time for the NXT Women's North American title rematch. Fallon Henley defending against the Queen of Superfluous Moves. Kalanie Jordan, Tom, would you think.
Speaker 7: If you are a lover of superfluous moves? This match right up your alley? My brain ownst exploded at one point trying to decipher the physics of a move that Klonnie Jordan did, a rolling thunder into a standing shooting star press. I mean she did it. I couldn't figure out why, but.
Speaker 3: I digress just to get a two count, that's why. And Klannie looked like she had the match one after a split leg in Moonsalt, but Jac put Falon's foot on the ropes. Klanie kicked Fallon, stomp Jasmine from or stop Jasmine from interfering. He went for all up fall and kicked out push Kawani right into a punch in the face by Jac and Fallen got the victory. And that's it. Andre Chase against Ridge. Next week, Carmen and Ashante gets Britley and Dion Tony Diagelo against Brooks Jensen and the Iron Survivor Challenge. Matches continue Filthy, Tom Lawler and I might continue this show tomorrow. We'll find out, ye. Thank you producer John, Thank you, producer Dom. We shall talk to you again after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.