Speaker 1: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. You are tuned in to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first time tuning in and welcome Vitamin D. It's upon of my name. My name is Dawn, and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here a shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able to see better. So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest ass at get your Vitamin.
Speaker 2: DY right with me, and get excited about your life.
Speaker 1: They said, if you want to be somebody, and if you want to go somewhere, you better wake up and pay attention. And in order to do that, that means you have to be in the present. That's our gratitude is everything. The more grateful we are, the more things we have to be grateful for. And it's important to recognize that because when you walk in gratitude, you pay attention to things. You realize you're not taking anything for granted. Like half the time, we be stressing out about tomorrow, the next week, the next month after that, and you don't even know if you are going to be here. So thank you God, thank you for waking me up today, thank you for allowing me to be present to realize. I mean, it only took me over thirty years to get here, but thank you God that I am here. If you've been listening for a minute, there was a point in a lot of the episodes I was singing this song, sow down, you're moving too fast, you gotta make the morning last, just kicking down the couple stones, looking for fun and feeling groofy. That was what's that I was at Our Lady of Loss of Life. So I was probably in seventh grade, was that junior high school, and that was a song that we would sing in our music class. Slow down, you moving too fast? You taking it for granted, You're stressing about something that's not right here, And thank you God that I'm here, Thank you God that I can feel that I can hear that I woke up, that I can taste, that I can open my eyes, that I can be present, that I can see the areas that I'm working on and still make strives to do it. Thank you for allowing me to lean into vulnerability. Thank you for allowing me to be placed in a moment that I'm doing things that I've never done before. And I'm uncomfortable, because God, that's what we call growing, and we stop growing when we're dead. And thank you God that I'm alive. Thank you God, Thank you don for giving yourself grace simply space. And I sincerely mean that like before, like if I forgot about something or if I did something wrong, I would really play that over in my head, like how many times I could have done it better? Overlooking the whole idea is that you're present enough to recognize it. Now, how can we change it? And how can we not ensure that happens again? What does it look like? And then because I'm not playing it over how many times I regret? I come into proactive mode where I can still amend the situation. So why are you trapping down? I don't know if that's speaking to you, but that's truly speaking to me. I took a stab, you know, doing Vitamin D live on Tuesdays and Thursdays at six thirty six thirty to seven thirty eight a m. Pacific time. Now it's on my Facebook. We're about to be back on all the channels. I took a step and talking about the Book of Joe. Hold on, let me set my tea. Okay, I got a branch because I need you to catch all this. This tea that I'm drinking is like this belly fat tea that I saw on TikTok so. The ingredients are a lemon, a tablespoon of kloal, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, and I even throw a green tea packet in there, and this shreds the belly fat. So again, let me tell you what it is. Get you a lemon, squeeze out the juice, put the whole skin in there, a tablespoon of clothes, ginger, a cinnamon stick, and go ahead and throw you in a bag of green tea. And also there was another recipe where pineapple. Did you know pineapple is really good for you? Now you need to be mindful if you have any type of blood conditions. Because it can thin out your blood. It does something with the blood, so check it out if you're on any type of medication. I can't even think of the bromoline. The bromoline and the pineapple, believe it or not, even the center part of the core. You can go on Amazon and get you a pineapple cutter, because you know I always talk about I got my pineapples. Because what do I say? If you stay ready, you ain't got it camp ready and anyway, So that was the segue. So I'm stepping on that as I'm getting parched. But I was like, let me tell you, family, because if it's working for me, why can't it work for you? Okay, Well, since I'm going off so much, let me take a commercial break, because you know, we got to get this money, plus we got to talk about growing. Okay, b r B. Hey, this is your girl, Shirley Strawberry.
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: Everybody, This is jaz men Bird coming to you.
Speaker 1: From the Vitamin Deeply DNDE podcast. You call her don Dae. I call her keep Shining down, keep shining. Okay, I'm back, so I'm drinking my team. So, like I said, I went ahead and leaned in and did a whole like I was about to say service, but what do we want to I mean talking about the scripture in the Book of Job. And I told the family, I said, this is the first time doing this. But when I was grateful for I remember back in eighth grade how my eighth grade teacher told me, Miss Carmo said she's going to be a preacher. And it's like, why have I not explored it? Not saying I have to let me rephrase this. Why had I ran away from it? And if you're not familiar with what I'm speaking on, go back to the episode when I talked about Happy Pride where I went into detail of all of what I'm mentioning right now. Then I'm just thinking about in high school, how you know the teachers would allow me to go ahead and get on top of the assembly or in front of the auditorium and speak on God. How people constantly ask the pray why haven't you really leaned in? So I said, don you've been afraid to get to know what you've been willing to get to know. And I'm always saying, you eat the meat and you spit out the bones. And when I think of God, God is love. But I just want to say, me trying new things, and I'm grateful for that. And I see myself and how I have to slow down and take my time with things, and I feel like it's worth it and I'm growing and just reflecting back just a tidbit on the book of Job. But what I received, just how this man has so much and he lost it all. And even as a human, you want to say, oh, I would rather not be here, give up, but you can't fail if you don't quit. You just got to hold on. And perhaps that's all. It's like, you got to stand on your faith. Perhaps that's why they say God is a rock, because you stand on that and it's solid. But as a human, he just said, why am I here? I've been so faithful, I've done the right things. Why am I here? And he had people to come in his life and to remind him, or when he got to the point of questioning God, God said, who do you think that you are to know why I do what it is that I do, And to think now this part he didn't essentially say, but this is what I'm saying, that everything I'm doing is not for your greater good. Catch it. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Hello, somebody, We fall down, but we get up. Pick yourself up and try again. Don't play with me. We read it in the scripture and we hear it in the song Hello somebody, somebody, Hello, did you catch it? Because it's hot? And Joe even when he wanted to question God, like I said, God said, can you even measure the sky that I created? Can you even fathom to imagine how depth the sea is? The water is?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Who do you think you are to question why it is that I do when you have no understanding? And because we're human, because Dawn, you've allowed yourself to be present, and perhaps even you you recognize the areas in which you'll grow. Because what so, Dwn, you move in too fast? Right? Given ourselves grace, which essentially is space to stretch, to move around to figure it out. See, when we're so hard on ourselves, we feel like we have to walk in this straight line, as if this is the only way to call why, because we're measuring it up from what we've seen before or what the next person is doing. But if you want to be something you've never been, well you're going to have to do things that you've never done. And perhaps that's walking in your truth. Perhaps that's taking a chance on yourself. Perhaps that's giving yourself grace. Perhaps that's waking up and saying you're loving yourself. Perhaps that's you walking and being simply you. And that means you can't put a reference on anybody else. Did you catch it? And I feel as though, no, I don't feel well. I feel and I know that I'm giving myself this moment and I'm understanding how good it is is to be because we'll never be as young as we are right now. And remember they call it the fountain of youth. So what are you doing with your most valuable asset and your time? Why are you getting so fixated on what you think it has to look like? Why are you just afraid to put one foot in front of the other, Because guess what, your dreams are still able true. And sometimes we get caught up in things and have to be in like a certain situation, and that's not the case. Can I be transparent with you? Just reflecting back? We just got over what two months that I've left the FM dial and I was always in this place where I said I want to be where I'm supposed to be, and the hurt of the longing or whatever it is, I felt it was just like, Wow, you know, God, why do we have to change this again? Questioning as if I know why God does what God does? Ding who do you think you are? The question? And I said, I always thought, you know, my idea being on the radio. What's going to leverage me so I can be a speaker, so I can MC events, host graduations.
Speaker 4: There you got, I'm doing it and I ain't on the f And now my God is good and we're still crawling.
Speaker 1: And I've been saying this, having a stepping into vulnerability, doing things that I've never done, and it's like God is pussing me in my garden. It an'll rise up. You gotta catch it. So I need you to get uncomfortable. I need you to lean into your vulnerability because greater it's coming. But you're gonna have to get a little dirt on you and to be in this space of not figuring out but just giving grace because you say, hey, I'm gonna take a chance on myself. I'm gonna lean into being uncomfortable. Many things are possible for me speaking to Dickerson for the graduation, the principal coming up and say, hey, I want you to come back. How they got to introduce me to other schools. Thank you? Got going back to MC the graduation ceremony for you not to LA for the Clean Tech Academy. Thank you God? What And I'm thinking that I have to measure up on all that I know, But God says, exceedingly and abundantly.
Speaker 3: Far more than what you could cover from. But it's gonna take some courage. And I was watching still It's the show or the movie rather or the biopic of Michael J. Fox and him talking about Parkinson's disease and how it affect his life and something that he said he said and as to why he never gave up is I.
Speaker 1: Got a chip in a chair, That's what he said. As long as I got a chip in the chair. Okay, So we gotta get this money we can. We're doing things we ain't never done. So I'm about to go on commercial breaking and when I come back, I want to talk to you about the importance of having a chip in a chair. All right, b r B.
Speaker 2: By this callaway peace.
Speaker 1: What's up everybody? This is trade chain and you are listening to anxiety and with Donde. So Michael J. Fox and his Apple TV Plus biopic is entitled Still. He was very transparent about his parkinson disease, and he talked about having a chip in the chair, and it just stood out to me because that's what he held on to for his dreams. He always reminded himself that as long as I got a chip in a chair, I'm still in the game. He was referring to the game of poker. And as long as you got a chip in your hand and you're in a chair, anything is possible. So that's why he could say he'd be at the phone booths, couldn't even afford a cheeseburger dollar ninety nine cheeseburger, but he talking to his agent about a seven figure deal. What furthermore, just me talking about how sow down, you're moving too fast. How his project's entitled Still because now with Parkins's disease, his body continues to joke and he longs for a moment of just being still. And I guess it's twofold because I wanted to highlight that, because that starts off or leads with the other message that I want to pass up a time to about how you got to slow down so you operating gratitude, so you can recognize where you are and have more of an idea of where you're going and what I mean by when I say where you're going, as far as how it makes you feel, not saying that you got it all laid out, but you're in tune with your body. You're in tune with yourself that you trust the steffs that you take even when it comes down to being uncomfortable. Hence a chip in a chair. He said he got to a point where all the furniture in his home was gone, but he said, hey, as long as I had a chip in a chair, dang on near work in twenty hours of days filming Back to the Future, and then I can't even think of the other show that he was doing at the time simultaneously then then becoming a hit, and then remember he had teenage Wolf basically not getting sleep, and then his disease started showing up. Talked about how he was so much into trying to hide it, and they it was beautifully done together because they even oh my gosh, like poetry, oh my gosh, like how I like to be singing songs and Vitamin D. They weaved in the narrative of very shows and TVs into what the message that he was saying is if he were speaking. But that's beautiful. I'm gonna tell you right now. I am a huge fan of Apple TV plus clus So what is it? It's Disney for me, and it's Apple TV Plus and I like title uh streaming services. I'm like in it. I don't care. We need to catch it so anyhom him even talking about how doing all these shows and how he had tried to hide the fact that he couldn't even stay still, and how he would shoot pills down and trying to hide that, and he said, I gotta be transparent about what I got now. Of course this is later on, and perhaps because there's no hiding it anymore. Nevertheless, when I say you gotta get uncomfortable, how you gotta lean in. He even talked about how he would just be moving so fast and again longing for a moment of just being still, peace, be still. Why are you stressing again? You don't know what tomorrow bay bring, but you better live now. And because he gotten the point of operating a space of gratitude, knowing that he is alive today, knowing that he has been fortunate enough to pursue his dream to have the love and support of his family, accepting himself. So what he was trying to hide before with the whole Parkinson disease he talked about in the future jobs that he got that they worked it in part with the character and it was enlisted as jokes again exceedingly and abundantly, far more than what you could ever imagine. But you gotta be willing to get uncomfortable. So I say, thank you God, thank you Dawn. And I know greater is coming in I don't know. And I say this because this is the affirmation of how I speak life over myself. This is further the reason why I have life tated on my bottom lip, because I have to speak it to myself. I gotta say it so I believe it. And I talked about in reading this book and how your ear is like an embryo. What you put in it, things will grow. And we know this because we talk about affirmations. What are you putting in your ear? Are you speaking it over yourself? Are you walking into it? Well, you're going to have to get uncomfortable. There's a young lady that works in my gym. We always have an exchange talking and one thing we always say, always telling, you know, leading in vulnerability, you know me working out and just all this great stuff right and somehow we're always reminded and we talk about God often, always reminded how everybody wants love but not being vulnerable enough to receive it. What so, how you going to want to be more than what you are right now? If you don't want to get uncomfortable and grow feeling like you gotta have control of everything, not allowing yourself grace with your space to stretch and gold because no matter what, as long as you gotta chip in the chair, you in the game. So you don't have to compare with somebody else thinking, oh, if I had this, and why don't I do this? If this was the perfect time, if I knew this person. Don't you think God knows what Yad is doing? So why are you tripping? Slow down? You're moving too fast. Slow down, you're moving too fast, just so caught up and what you think is supposed to look like, be like, feel like stop playing with me, God said exceedingly in abundantly. You can't even fathom too imagine how out of all the snowflakes in the world that come down, like maybe on your block, not now one is the same, not now one. Billions of people on this earth are not now one of us are the same. Stop playing with me. I feel like saying a lot even identical twin, it ain't all completely identical. Somebody gonna smile a little different, talk a little different personality saying. You telling me that you gonna try to figure out what God can do when God says exceedingly and abundantly, far more than what you could have or imagine. But you're trying to hold on, let go and let God, let God have his way again. Doing you getting so caught up of thinking that you got to be in this platform, in this situation to do what it is that you ask God to do. And it doesn't mean that I'm not saying that I don't aspire for that moment. No, I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is you got to operate in gratitude. Don't be wallowing because it's not what you look like when but what you ask God for to be At an eighth grade graduation speaking to the eighth grade class, and parents and teachers are telling me I inspired them, stop playing with me. When Christine Devine, who hosts Fox eleven News at five, says she was enamored with my speech, stop playing with me. So I just want to be great, And they say, if you want to be great, you gotta do things that great people do, and great people do things that every day people don't do. Where do you fall with that? Are you going to compare yourself and look at the next person and thinking that's how you got to do it? That it has to happen at a time that you can fathomto imagine, or you gonna trust what you feel and do things that make you feel uncomfortable so that you can stretch, so that you can grow, so that you can be more than what you could have her imagine and give yourself grace. If you mess up. Listen, we fall down, when we get up. If you can look up, you can get up. If you fall down seven times, get up eight. Your location is not your destination. Where you are right now doesn't determine or where you would be. But if you're not willing to crow, if you're not willing to get uncomfortable. If you're not willing to take a chance, you will never know. And as in the book of Doctor Seuss, oh the places you'll go. So I'm just wondering, if you're like me and you want to be more than where you are right now, will I want to implore you to take a chance on yourself. I want to implore you to do things that you would have never imagined. That means learning a new skill, That means perhaps forgiving somebody, even if that person is yourself. It's about dusting yourself off and trying again. Okay, So that's what I want to say. Slow down, you're moving too fast. Gratitude is everything, and know that as long as you have a chip and a chair, you're stealing the game. Hey, that's that heartbeat, that's that purpose, that's you and your ability to hear what I'm saying. Right now, we're here for a good time, not a long time. Yeah, all right, So I'm adding this to it bit because why not doing you want to support vitamin DV with doing day, make sure you tell somebody to tell somebody else. Look, I ain't even want to be vulnerable right there, right there, Look at that look at that I'm up here. I didn't just went through this whole day, and we didn't even want to be vulnerable. You know what I was about to say. If you want to support Vitamin D with doing day, hit up the cash ab dollar signed during day oh zell Vitamin D at on dai speaks dot com. If you want to be something you have never been with, you're gonna have to do some things you ain't never done. And I ain't never done nothing on the podcast at least I don't think so. But then essentially we've been doing nobody in d line, so hey, why not again? We're taking a chance. I'm learning that I'm not learning, yeah, learning and realizing how important gratitude is. Thank you God, because I'm in a point in my life where I am doing the things that I've trained up. If you even look back on my YouTube page, you'll see I'm speaking at Hawthorne High School and it's been some years and time, friend, I got whole locks hanging on my shoulders and now hosting the MC and graduations. Thank you God, speaking in a career affairs. Thank you God, God said exceedingly, in abundantly, far more than what you could ever imagine. So Casha Dallas signed on d a I zell Vitamin D at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. And furthermore, if you still listen, let mean you enjoying us and I'm grateful for you. Can you go ahead and rate this podcast and leave a comment and make sure you tell somebody to tell somebody else to Dawn Day got a podcast and it's available wherever you get your favorite podcast, Vitamin D with Dawn Day. And perhaps you might want to be a guest. Perhaps you might want some advice on your life, love career, whatever you want to hear my thoughts on something. You might just want to talk to me and ask me a question, whatever the case may be, go ahead and s your me an email at Vitamin D at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. That's Vitamin D at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. It's that damn Dawn like the break of day. Also, furthermore, make sure you tune in Tuesdays and Thursdays Vitamin D live on Doing d ape Facebook page. Soon we're going to be all on the platforms. I got some exciting stuff that's about to unveil in about maybe this week. Ideally I want to say for sure next week, but I'm so grateful for and I'm gonna talk about that right on the live Listen greater risk, God promised. So yeah. Vitamin D Live Tuesdays and Thursday six thirty am to seven thirty am Pacific time. Lie me and you talking. Yeah. Furthermore, if you want to check out some past interviews and conversations, make sure you follow us on all social media at Vitamin D Down Day. You'll catch some interviews, some clips, all of that good stuff. Just with Dawing Day. Vitamin D, Vitamin D with Dawn Day. Just do that dawing like the break of day. He catch it, Okay, I'll launch it out. And then also, if you would like the original source of vitamin D, that be me, baby. That's all what I'm giving you right now, that's not that Following me at dawn daispeaks dot com. I can't wait to hear from you. And as I head out of here, you know what I always say, I'm in the business of making dreams come true and I damn show ain't gonna forget about mine. So until next time, always remember you got your greatest ass at get your fight
Speaker 2: In Indy right here with me, and get excited about your life.