Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys, streaming live.
Speaker 4: From the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Straight touchdown, six second Tesscott teass any contient touchdown.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts, Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Moshoda and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: Go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: For the first time in twenty twenty three. It is a Victory Monday on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company with the most undeniable, unbelieved show of all three phases, complimentary football from the Dallas Cowboys in a forty to nothing beat down of the New York Giants on Sunday Night Football. Welcome into Talking Cowboys, everybody alongside Nick Harris, Isaiah Stanback, I'm Kyle Yeoman's Nick. You were there. It was rainy, it was sloppy. Not from the Dallas Cowboys side of things. They took care of business and they laid down the hammer against the New York Giants.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it started early and often it was the Giants driving down the field on their first offensive possession and stalling out at deep in Cowboys territory and the blocked field goal by jon Ye Thomas returned by Noag Bonoghani, the newest Cowboy. He was probably one of the last guys on the roster jan Ye Thomas as well. So don't tell me the cut daw doesn't matter anymore. I don't care about that stuff anymore. But yeah, really excited to see that happen right out of the gate. And then the tone was said from there and it never really got relinquished.
Speaker 4: Nick, things slick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the right sleeve there, Kyle, what's the what's the right sleeve show? A show called Your Right Sleeve?
Speaker 4: Jerry Jones Classic presented by a Waterburger. That's it was a high school football game. Yeah, is there is there something? There's a water burgerd there's a Whataburger? And on this shower? What do we got?
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 7: A forty burger? It was just a big four zero.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 7: They gonna put me on.
Speaker 4: Amber Amber exactly. Uh yeah, forty burger and a shutout, I mean, the biggest point differential on the road in Dallas Cowboys franchise history. They had not had a game where they beat somebody that bad on the road, and I think it's more impressive when you talk about a well a number of things, the fact that it was a divisional game, the fact that it was a road game, the fact that it was a game against the playoff team and a team that got a playoff win a year ago, primetime primetime game. First week of the season. I mean, this is the first look of the twenty twenty three Cowboys. Forty points scored and zero points allowed are what we have to look at at this team. It's not always gonna be like that. It will never always be like that. But enjoy it. Why you've got it, I mean, because that's what you have at least in week one here in twenty three.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like these guys did man defensively. These guys were dominant, and we know that this is a defensive team. There's no question about it. We've been talking about it ever since training camp, ever since we were down there in a nice seventy degree weather in ox and Are, California. These guys are completely dominant on defense, and you know, this is the one team that you can't get behind on. If you get behind on the Dallas Cowboys, and you have to abandon your ability to run the ball because of the time of possession aspect and just a time and the game clock. Then you're gonna find yourself in a situation where you have to throw the ball. And if you have to throw the ball against this defense, good luck.
Speaker 5: It just is what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean that kudos at his front office for continue. You want to secure the guys that you need to secure, acquiring the guys that you need to acquire to make it even more difficult for teams to be effective on offense. It was a little scary enough first on that first drive, you know, but sometimes luck goes your way, and then once leut goes your way, then it's just a dog on snowball.
Speaker 4: You just gotta keep rolling it man.
Speaker 6: Very very seldomly do I ever call a game super early, Like very seldomly do I look up like, oh, this is cooked. But eight minutes left in the second quarter yesterday, it was twenty three to nothing. The offense had finally gone down and finished inside the red zone, and I looked to Patrick Nosey Walker I was like, look between the rain and then having to throw the ball the rest of the way to climb back into this.
Speaker 7: They're not coming back from them. So like this is this is cooked and.
Speaker 4: That was sure it sure was.
Speaker 3: That was later called it nothing mean, Kyle. We called that in like the middle to first really yeah, with the way that this team is constructed, with the defense and how nasty they are. And then, like you said, if teams are forced to throw the football, that's that's a problem. I mean, because you saw early New York ran the ball effectively, especially on the opening drive. Ten plays they go down, they're threatening to get into the end zone, and on third down and short, Dallas did a nice job of forcing third down and short and then a bat snap from John Michael schmidtz mishandled by Daniel Jones has to fall on top of it and that leads to the blocked field goal. So they ran the ball effectively at times, but then they had to abandon the run. Yeah, they abandon what they do best. And that's what good teams do, is they take away what you do best.
Speaker 4: And it was kind of inadvertent. It's not like they just absolutely stuffed Saquon Barkley in the beginning of this football game, but they did make it to the point where they couldn't go back to Saquon Barkley, they couldn't run the ball effectively, and then all of a sudden, Daniel Jones is running for his life, literally running for his life. I almost put the there's the meme of course with Johnny Depp running on the beach and he's getting chased by all the other the zombie pirates or whatever they were behind him. That was Daniel Jones running from Michael Parsons, Dorn's armstrong. Anybody that really had a white jersey on yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, And poor Evan Neil at right tackle for the Giants, he just had. He had a rough night, whether it feels to Marcus Lawrence also we even lining up on him at times. Michael Parsons say, it was just tough, you know. Uh, you all remember when y'all were a kid and y'all got in trouble and then the next day y'all woke up and it kind of like took you a second to realize it's like, oh wait, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 8: Dang.
Speaker 7: That just like feeling just kind of like set in amongst like your whole body that has to be Evan Neil today. It has to be like it was. It was a horrible performance from Neil.
Speaker 6: I feel bad for the guy, honestly, but you have to give credit to this Cowboys pass rush. They were on it from the very get go last night. Seven sacks, all of them coming from the defensive line. If you want to count Mike in that equation. But uh, a man, absolutely all around performance from top to bottom.
Speaker 3: Well call me a Marion because I have an ice box where my heart used to be. I do not feel bad cast at all. If you don't want to get beat up, then stop somebody from beating you up. The facts, pure and simple. I love watching it. I love watching these guys have fun. You we talked about We talked about chemistry and culture a ton. Chemistry can't be faked, It can't be fabricated. It can't just be created on the day of This is something. These guys love each other. They love each other. This is literally literally a brotherhood. When adversity strikes, these guys come together. When they're having fun, they all want each other to eat. This is not a selfish team at all. This is a very selfless team, and all three aspects of the game, and that is something that you that you yearn for as a coach, you yearn for as an owner. In GM, you want your guys to love and be passionate about playing football. And every single person that touched that field last night was having fun and supporting each other, and they wanted to celebrate with each other.
Speaker 4: That's that's what's exciting. Because you look across the board and you look at some of the highlights in some of the film, even there's there's guys that are upset at whenever it is thirty three to nothing in the fourth quarter because they didn't get a sack or they didn't beat their guy to the man. And I'm not saying they were padding.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I wish I was the first law I saw a couple of times boom man, like, all right, my guy got the sight, but shoot, that should have been my you know.
Speaker 4: Like it's it's that competition element, And honestly, that's a that's a credit to the coaching staff, that's credit to Mike McCarthy. It's a credit to what they've built. I mean, the roster is talented, but you got to find a way to put the roster together in a good environment and a building environment. And that's apparently what's a what's across the way?
Speaker 3: Can I give a shout out? I know we're not that part of it. I have others because a thousand people that can get a dog on, But shout out to Trayvon Diggs, big shout out to Trayvon Diggs. Most of the time, Trayvon dis gets a lot of attention for PBUs for his ability to have I N T s, you know, his ability to play sticky defense.
Speaker 4: But this man heard the noise. He heard the noise.
Speaker 3: He heard us, He heard everybody else out there talking about his his lack of willingness to be physical.
Speaker 4: We've talked about it extensively. He heard the noise. And I'm sure it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't just coming from outside, because you don't always listen to the outside noise. But I'm sure it came from the coaches. We need you to have more of a force in the running game. We need you to have more of a presence in terms of your physical aspect, in terms of being physical in the game, hitting to force fumbles. He wasn't a benefactor of those. Other people were the benefactor of those. The whole entire defense was that was a very selfless play.
Speaker 4: Doron Bland has a pick six, Absolutely.
Speaker 3: He has a pick six because of it, right, But the fact that he was willing to throw himself in there, I loved it because that is a sign that this team just got that much stronger because of his willingness, not because of his ability, because of his willingness.
Speaker 4: And look what he was able to do for his defense. He didn't get any.
Speaker 3: Picks he probably I don't even know if he got even mpbus yesterday, but he did get too forced fumbles.
Speaker 7: He wasn't testing much, yeah at all.
Speaker 6: That that that first really big pass breakup that forced to pick six on Saqua. He was on one of the more physical guys in the league even and he laid the wood on him.
Speaker 7: That that was a hit.
Speaker 6: You could hear just kind of like the ooh around the crowd before Deron you see it up out of thin air. So man, yeah, I had to give him credit for that physicality because it seemed like whenever we were coming out of that playoff loss last year, it was like, well, why can't he be more physical with guys like George Kittle or even in the run game. We've talked about it all year last year, but even in the receiving game, guys like Kittle and Man, he made up for both of those things.
Speaker 7: On laying the wood on a barkleyn and receiving situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Stephan Gilmore probably paying a little bit of a at least a role in that because you think about what they brought Stephan Gilmore in to do. He did that last night. He had an interception, he had three pass passes defended. So he was there, he was active, he was there physically. But it's also the leadership and what he can bring to a guy like Trayvon Diggs showing hey, there is another level, there is another way to get to where you want to be. As one of the all time great corners in the NFL. Diggs has had a phenomenal first couple seasons. He can still take that next step and Gilmore is going to help him get In that conversation, Like you said, I think I think a lot of those conversations. Sure they happened outside the building about Trayvon not being physical. I guarantee that was a conversation between Stefan Gilmour, Al Harris and that entire coaching staff treyvon Dick saying we need you to step up, and he did so on not one, but two and maybe even three multiple I got to really chart him whenever you go back, but he had three combined tackles, he had one PBu forced fumble and then basically caused the interception in the pick six for Deron Bland. Now speaking on the defense a little bit more because they were the ones that really set the tone yesterday. How about this stat The Cowboys generated pressure on twenty three of thirty seven dropbacks yesterday. Daniel Jones dropped back thirty seven times and he was pressured on twenty three. He was sacked on seven, by the way, the fourth highest pressure rate in the NFL in a game since twenty nineteen, So the last five seasons, that was the fourth highest pressure rate. Dallas had eight defenders eight generate multiple pressures, including four that had at least at least five pressures. That's Michael Parson's, Dante Fowler, Ose Diggi's who, Thorrence Armstrong and DeMarcus Lawrence. How about that?
Speaker 3: I said it on the postgame show yesterday, like I had a visual in my head of Talladega Knights and Will Ferrell when he just took off running.
Speaker 4: Don't let the invisible fire Bura friend, just running around his circles. That's what I imagine Daniel Jones doing yesterday. It just sucked for him.
Speaker 3: It sucked for him, but it was obviously gratifying for somebody who supports the Cowboys. When you execute in all three phases of the game, this is what you put yourself in position to do. The defense went out there, they were struggling on that first drive. Okay there, but they held down to a third down, and the third down stuff happens. Stuff happens, right, one mistake puts him in a situation where they have to force a field goal. And now what jan ye Okay, the man who's like, hey, I'm gonna find my way to make plays on this team. Okay, I noticed a three headed monster at safety. I had one opportunity because Donald wasn't playing, I'm gonna get in here and make some plays. What he did, right, went out there and made a play. Now the ties turned. Now the offense could go out there and run. Mike McCarthy offense played keep away. And what does that allow you to do? Defensively, your dogs can go eat right. College just talked about the stat line for all these guys on defense, everybody wanted a part of the party. Everybody on that defense wanted some of the party. D Law being frustrated because he wasn't getting the sack. But what a couple of his boys did right. It seemingly was a competition who can get the most sacks tonight? Who can get the most sacks? We talked about it in the pregame show, Kyle, it doesn't matter what the stat line is. For Micah Parsons, it doesn't matter because of what he demands. And if he doesn't demand that, if you don't respect that, he's gonna make you pay, and he will show up in the stat line. But when you go ahead, and you go ahead and alter your offense to ensure that he doesn't kill you, everybody else will because everybody else is fully capable of making plays as well. And that is a shout out to the front office, shout out to DQ, shout out to all the other coaches on the defensive staff. These guys can make plays and they are putting them in position to win their one on one matchups.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I have to give some added extra flowers to one YEA Thomas, not only to take the take the field goal block out of the equation. He was coming up and filling the run on first and second down. He made a huge pass breakup that forced a punt early in the game. He was he set the tone absompletely off off the rip. He set the tone, He filled the voice, He filled the void that Donald left. Yeah, and he didn't get many snaps, but I think probably of his eleven snaps that he played, he was making a play on at least seven of them.
Speaker 7: So that's a pretty good hit rate.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think we've been very high as the show on one Ye Thomas from the jump at training camp. I mean, he's shown out he was there at practice. But at some point along the way, if I would have asked the question of who is the number one guy to fill Donovan Wilson's role as the enforcer on this defense, I don't think any of us would have said wan Ye Thomas. It would have been Jay Ron Curse, it would have been a Molie Cooker, It would have been guys like that coming down, maybe even Marquise Bell at times. But Wan Ye was the enforcer early and he wasn't all four quarters, nor did he really need to be in all four quarters. Right there at the jump, he had the pass defense, He had two combined tackles, one of them was a solo. I think Wanye brought what Dallas needed because you don't always need the superstars making the plays you had that early with Micah and Trayvon and Ceedee Lamb from forty nine yards had all made a play in that first half. But then it was what the reserves and the rotational guys came in and did, like Bell who played really well down the stretch, Yanye Thomas who played very well. Damone Clark, who I would classify as a starter but he's not a superstar yet he played well too. I think there's ways that you can make this team even better than what we saw last night, which is crazy to talk about, and it starts with those guys like Kanye and Bell and some of the guys that are going to rotate through because Isaiah and you can speak to this because you've won a Super Bowl RNK, but great teams are made up of a mixture of superstars and guys that come in and know their role, and the Cowboys seemingly had that in Week one.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, these guys it's called what is it called is d DYJ? Just do your job. It's just simply just do your job and you have a role to fulfilled.
Speaker 4: Wanye.
Speaker 3: Going back to Wanye, he has been that. He has been consistently that guy throughout all the training camp. It doesn't matter if he's working with the threes, the two's, or the ones, it doesn't matter. And where he was at right when you put him in the game in a preseason game, what do you do?
Speaker 7: Pick off Trevor?
Speaker 3: Look, gimme Trevor first played a game, give me that, you know what I'm saying. Like Chris Brown, he just just takes the ball away and he's a high energy guy. He fits He is a DQ guy, right, and you think about it, like, man, how the heck is he gonna fit in when they already have three solid safeties? All right, I'll do it on special teams, Coach, whatever you need me to do, I'm there. Right, He's that type of guy and he's impactful and you fill in the gaps with the rest of the dudes.
Speaker 4: I mean, Marku's Bell steps up all right here we go. You guys don't have a linebacker? Cool, I roll down there in the box. Not a problem. I'll throw my head in there. I'll make things hard for Saquan and the rest of the crew is this is a heck of a unit.
Speaker 3: I love seeing these guys, like I mentioned earlier, fly around and have fun together if you have, if you haven't had a chance to go back and watch the game, just watch how these guys are in terms of celebrating each other. Yeah, it's a very undervalued aspect of the game. You can watch other teams. Somebody makes a play, everybody just kind of walks back to the huddle or walks back to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: This team, they're celebrating. They're celebrating each other. What did you think just being there in the building, Nick, and kind of seeing the way that this game unfolded in the first half and then the dominance continuing into the second half. I mean, what was the feel around the stadium and how did things shift from electric at the beginning? I mean, the national anthem was phenomenal. Of course, with September eleventh weekend coming around, they put on a massive show there and it was really really great. But then you had the fans both sides, Cowboys and Giants fans very much so in it. What did it feel like right about halftime?
Speaker 6: Well, I will say the energy pregame was the biggest. It was the entire night for sure, but right around halftime, yeah, it was kind of dead in there. Other than Cowboy fans. I think the loudest cheer that we got during the game was when Coco Golf came out and they celebrated her US Open Women's title, But it was probably I think it was probably like three minutes left in the third I looked up, looked around and a lot of seats were empty, and most of the Cowboys fans I kind of started filling into the lower bowl and let's go Cowboys chants were breaking out and we could hear it. It turned into a home game with about three Yeah, I did, I did what he would walk on the field.
Speaker 7: He's dues, So yeah, it was great to see the road, the road.
Speaker 6: The road. Crowds always show up, especially in New York, so it was really good to see that. But yeah, it taking that crowd out of the game as early as they did, that was huge.
Speaker 4: Man and there were so many big plays early it's kind of hard to put really a finger on just one of them. But when we come back on the other side of the break, I want to ask which play was the game changer? Was it the field goal block or was it one of the other big time plays at the beginning? Which one set the tone? And I might do it for all three phases. We might do an offensive play, a defensive play, in a special team's play. And then I also want to rank this win among some of the other great wins in Dallas Cowboys history. We've got some historical side to this that we have to hit. After the Cowboys take down the Giants forty to nothing zero, Isaiah standback. That's what the Cowboys led up yesterday. Blink Man blanked shut out, and that was it against the Giants. We'll talk about that more when we come back on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 4: Five G requires compatable plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 5: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America.
Speaker 4: Drink Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 5: You are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 10: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys, and now he's on his phone on his Bank of America mobile Banking.
Speaker 4: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 10: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash Can't Stop Banking Evericay.
Speaker 4: It's only available in the English language. You mst download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on so like mobile devices. Message dat raategy, apply a number FDIC.
Speaker 8: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila here for my next caller, Would you, Dear Doctor?
Speaker 4: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 8: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier to cry out? Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 8: Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys. Bank on Talking Cowboys, You're on this Victory Monday presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. The official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by a Quaker Oats, a super trusted superfood. Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Before we get into the second segment, of course, we are sponsored by Black Rifle Coffee. That's a company that prides itself on serving veterans, serving those who serve and uh. With all of that being said, of course, today September eleventh the morning that we will never ever forget. And I mean it's crazy how long it's been since two thousand and one and the Twin Towers in New York and the attack on the Twin Towers, I mean, ultimately one of the darkest days in US history. And we want to remember those and honor those that were there that day and didn't get a chance to leave work as they normally would do on any given day, but one of the at least put pass that along before we got into it. And of course we're with the New York community in that regard as well. Following the game and the ceremony before game or pregame in that one was always fun to watch. But let's get back into football, and whenever we're talking about this game, you're talking about one of the most complete three phases games that you've seen the Dallas Cowboys play. I don't care if it was a season opener or if it was at any point in a regular season. They played and converted in all three phases, Nick, what was the number one play on offense? Because the Cowboys offense didn't have to do a whole lot. Dak Prescott and his stat line was thirteen of twenty four for one hundred and forty three yards. He did not have a touchdown, and he did not have an interception. Took care of the ball. But what was the top play on offense?
Speaker 6: I would have to say, being able to build confidence with this new system is always so critical. So I would have to point to the very first big play that they had, and it was the third down where they were able to find Ceede Lamb for forty nine yards. You know they were the Giants were lined up with like a single high safety look and almost everybody else was right up on the line of scrimmage and they had three wide I believe Ferguson was on the line, and I believe Pollard was in the backfield and Lamb just got loose and he was wide open. It was it was a perfect call against a perfect coverage and he just broke loose for nearly fifty yards. And I think that even though they didn't finish on that drive, and they didn't finish on a couple of drives last night that I would have liked to have seen them finish on, just being able to stack that confidence was so huge, I believe, for this offense. And you can see how that kind of left over some remnants for the rest of the night, whether it be in the running game with Tony Pollard or Cavante Turbin. The touch of Cavanti Turbin got last night. That's a whole other conversation. But I think it just sacked confidence for a lot of guys in that area, especially to be able to battle the elements, you know, towards in the second half, whenever they were trying to you know, come out of the half and still re establish that dominance.
Speaker 7: That that was the pointing Maard for me.
Speaker 3: I honestly can't think of one aside from that that was really standing out for me offensively. I think that they were just trying to execute too many drops, too many drops.
Speaker 4: There were a lot of drops.
Speaker 3: And just for a tip out there for all the youngsters that are coming up in the football round, those little sticky gloves, okay, I don't care what brand you have.
Speaker 4: Look at you once you get from the sporting goods.
Speaker 3: Sticky gloves, okay, I don't care what brand they are. If it's raining and you have on sticky gloves, it gets slippery. Okay, It's like it's like walking on ice with some tennis shoes. Okay, some slipping slides, not gonna work. You put the leather gloves on. If you know the rain is coming, you put leather gloves on. Learning this from to and I thought he was crazy. But leather, when when it rains, it absorbs the water and then the leather gloves get sticky. So sticky gloves get slippery. Slippery gloves. Leather gloves get sticky whenever ains. So that's your tip for the day. And that's what I hopefully Ferguson and the rest of the crew will will adopt that.
Speaker 4: But did the leather good gloves look as cool? I don't give a dog on the loo. I was never at the same level I was. I was never a swag guy, Kyle. That's such a I promise you I wasn't. Oh you had swag. Stop it's playing with O. Yeah, okay. And I think just being around too probably gave you a little bit of swag.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think the the definding play for me for the offense was it was mostly the way that they handled their goal line possibilities. They they trot it out, duced Vaughan for a goal line touch. At one point, New York called the time out and they said, we'll throw Tony Pollard back out there.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: And the way that they're pulling some of these guards and pulling some of these offensive lineman. Zach Martin laid down a nice block for Tony Pollard. He was able to walk in on the outside of him. And all you got from Zach Martin was just a nice solid fist pump. That was about it. And that's kind of what it is. That's what this offense is. They're gonna methodically move down the field, they're gonna move the chains when they need to, and they're going to establish the run. And they're gonna do that with both Tony Pollard, Rico daddle and and then hopefully at some point duce Vaughan who got some touches at the end of the game, but by that point it was already out of reach. I liked what I saw from the offense, but again it didn't have to do much. It really didn't, and there were probably five or six drops. I think if there was one knock against the offense, it was the fact that there were some drops there. And Dak Prescott's stat line would have looked much better as a eighteen for twenty four instead of thirteen for twenty four if you just have five catches in there as well. And it wasn't like it was bad balls from Dak Prescott. It was put on the money. They were good throws and just drop by his receivers. Now, defensively, what was the defining play in this win? I'll start with you, Isaiah on that one. What was the one play that stuck out to you? Defensively? And how the Cowboys were able to set the tone field god block that specialty special team's defensive I'm going to go to special teams. You're out of anybody I think would anticipate special teams being its own category enough if you're going that way, whatever you're doing fantasy, you know, special teams. You want to talk field goal block, will start with.
Speaker 3: Special field God bluck. That was the game changer. Yeah, from that point forward. I mean, you score off of that, you know, I mean, I mean, I mean you pretty much. You go down there, you take care of business. So I mean, these guys, that was huge.
Speaker 4: That was huge.
Speaker 3: That that put the Giants on their heels. And you can't play the Dallas Cowboys on your heels, so that gave them an opportunity to get to what they would like to do best.
Speaker 8: That was it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll take the defensive play.
Speaker 6: Even after they were already up thirteen to nothing after the dron pick six, it wasn't over by any means. You were midway through the first quarter and you know, you had already had one drive where you were able to establish the running game and get driving down the field. But I think Micah Parsons sack on third down really just sucked the life out of them at that point because then they get it right back to Dallas. Dallas went down and got a Brandon Aubrey field goal, and then you know, it was just kind of rattling in after that. But I think that Michael Parsons sack on third down deep in their own territory, that's what kind of set it off for me at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was funny. Yesterday we were doing the postgame show, we were getting ready for Cowboys Game Night with Nate and we were going through the highlights and the highlight stack that Kevin Timmins does a phenomenal job with here, and they left out that Michael Parsons play and I had it in my rundown. I had it as I was charting the plays going through the game. I was like, We've got to hit this Michaeh Parsons sack because I thought the same thing as It wasn't as flashy as the pick six, It wasn't as flashy as the force fumble late in the game. It wasn't even as flashy as maybe some of the other sacks around. It was just Micah Parson's pure speed get to the quarterback in a third down scenario and then it led to a field goal. Next pass attempt was the interception and it was big time. So I think there's it was interesting to see Micah leading the team early and then just everybody else getting to go. And that's what you want. I mean, like you said earlier, Micah set the tone with the big sack. He was the first one to get a sack, and then Osa gets too, and then Chauncey Golston got some late in the game, DeMarcus Lawrence got one. It was the fact that he kind of opened the floodgates and then kept rolling. I thought that that play was crucial and we ended up putting it in the in the highlight pack. He got in there.
Speaker 3: It's like the swat team. You got to do it at the front door with the battle round. Once that dude gets that thing open, everybody's go, go, go, go go. That's what Michael was. He was the first man to knocked the door open. Once he bust the door open, everybody else came in, every free blow us in there. We're in the cleared the room, ain't there?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: Beamer a cold the call of duty? Yeah, Beamer doing a great job as always. All right, Uh, where does this win rank? If we were to take this win and place it in twenty twenty two all seventeen games, Cowboys won twelve games in twenty twenty two reminder and one for that matter, how dominant was this compared to some of those wins last year.
Speaker 6: Gave me Minnesota vibes for sure. I think that's probably the best way you could compare it. I don't know as far as ranking, but it's in that tier, and I think they're in a tier of their own at that point. Just domination from start to finish. I liked what the offense did a little bit more in that Minnesota game. Obviously the defensive special team's got more points this time around, But as far as you know, getting to the quarterback, being able to get Tony Pollard involved, shoot, you name it, it was.
Speaker 7: All of it was there.
Speaker 6: And New York's a good team, Like I don't let that be lost in this entire you know, situation. I kind of seen some some stuff on Twitter this morning about like, dang, the Giants might not be as good as you know everybody thinks, and sure that might be true, but that's a team that won a playoff game last year and reloaded and they brought some They brought some guys in that I think will be really good as well.
Speaker 7: So their secondary is young. That's gonna take it.
Speaker 6: That's gonna take a moment to get used to for them, But that's still a good team that they went out there and dropped last night.
Speaker 4: What do you think? Do you think the Giants are maybe a little over rated based off of the off season hype that surrounded that team or the Dallas just execute.
Speaker 3: I think Dallas just executed. I think I said, anytime you can get a team out of their game plan, you have a pretty solid chance of winning as long as you have the dogs to go out there and continue to make it uncomfortable for them, And that's what Dallas did. Like I said, my antennas were up because you know what everybody's game plan is against Dallas defense is to run the ball on the interior defensive line that has not been sured up yet. Nothing about last night like cured my bubble guts in regards to our defensive line being secure on the interior portion of it. Okay, Big Jonathan Hankins is Hankins, but he needs he needs another comrade in there. That's that's a run stopper. And Mozzi's not ready yet. I don't think he got a couple of reps yesterday. I think he threw somebody out the club one time I saw, but other than that, you know that is going to be where teams attack. You know, obviously we'll get into the Jets week in a couple of days. But they got to shear that up right. But as long as you can get teams out of that, good luck.
Speaker 4: The five to seven five said it was a forty burger with a side of humble pie, so it was forty burgers from the offense and then humble pie given to him from a defensive perspective. We had some texts from the nine to seven to and the seven to one seven. They both said they didn't feel like the tight ends and Dak were on the same page, and that's something that needs to see an uptick. A lot of those drops where Jake Ferguson, Peyton Hendershott had one in the end zone off of a nice throw. It was phenomenal throw from Dak that was dropped. So I think that's one thing. But I want to hit on what somebody from the three to one seven said, how about the offensive line. Chrue Maidoga hasn't been mentioned much. I think he needs to be mentioned because without Tyler Smith in the fold, Cheu maidoga comes in, and I thought he did a really nice job up front.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's funny because I was just telling Kyle in the break, I was like, I want to talk about you whom we before we get out of here. He was awesome compared to you know, I guess the expectations going in. He up to those and exceeded that in my opinion. You know, I Dak Prescott did get hit a little too much for my likening last night. I think officially he only had two or three quarterback hits, but he was hitting the turf a lot more than that. But I don't think that was credited to a dooga by any means. You know, he was he was doing really well against some really stiff competition and the interior and you know, don't let it get lost. He did have a couple of plays where he got beat a little bit, and you know, Deck probably had to get a ball out quicker than he wanted to, or you know, it was a stuff in the running game. The running game was kind of up and down at times, and I think you know that defensive line was as a result. But if I had to pick the biggest if I had to rank the offensive lineman last night, he was not fifth, and that's a victory.
Speaker 7: That's a victory in and of itself. Who was fifth I would have to say Tyler.
Speaker 6: Beaddish really Yeah, for sure, dex of Lawrence had gotten him a few times.
Speaker 4: There are a couple of times where yeah, I remember we marked one where it's like, oh, nice job beyondis he kind of came around sealed the edge, did a great job of seeking out a block and looking for work. And then the next play the dexter Lawrence kind of put him on his back.
Speaker 6: It was that the one where he had he had just kind of thrown him to the right and then pushed him even a little bit more in his back. Yeah, that was that was the one that was pretty bad. But he did a couple of more, but that was definitely the one that stuck out in my mind too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I liked what Adoga did and and the offensive line as a whole, I thought did a nice job of adjusting. And remember we talked about it when in the previews. This is a front from the giants that had some size, they had some speed and power.
Speaker 3: The fact that you didn't hear those two guys named Lawrence and Williams much last night. It's a huge testament to what this office line was able to put together. And I was nervous, like purviose when Tyler Smith wasn't in there, right I was.
Speaker 4: I'm just called it how it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't believe that anybody was prepared or nor ready to step up and fill that void. And they did a good enough job to keep those two dogs silent. Those are two of the best in the league. Now, so let's let's not shout out to the three one seven or whoever sent that message that cannot go unacknowledged because those two dudes are dudes. I don't care what the Cowboys did to the whole team last night as an entirety. Yeah, to put some respect on those names. So the fact that they kept them quiet, kudos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was big time for the offensive line to step up. What did you think about Tyler or Tyron Smith who was questionable but still ended up playing.
Speaker 3: Shout out to him for gritting it out. Yeah, I mean offensive lineman with a with a bad ankle right coming off of the week and you know you're up in age. It doesn't help and those conditions. I'm sure that thing was was was locked up. I'm sure that thing was taped down like a mug. But kudos In because he knew I think. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I don't want to project on what he would have done. But he knew how important it was for him to be on the field last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's only played seventeen games in the last three seasons. He it sounded like he was going to be on the field if he could, if he could physically go, he was gonna go. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was a solid effort all around on the offensive line, I think, other than some lapses in the interior. But fight A rank the guys from one to five. I go Zach Martin and Tyron Smith at two, and then Steel Chuma and be Honish. So I think it was overall good performance. But again I would wouldn't rather have seen Dak not get hit as much as he did last night.
Speaker 7: That worried me a little bit at times.
Speaker 4: There are always things to work on.
Speaker 7: Never there are a couple of hits that I looked up. I was like, get up, get up, like they were rough.
Speaker 4: He got one where he let it go and somebody fell at his knees and it was kind of an awkward fall, and we were talking about it as well. They wanted to. They never panned the camera back to him, but he was up and walking around, so I'm sure in the building you were probably seeing the same game. All right. Going to the final segment, it's time for the first tradition renewed here this year. It's time for smelly stickers. It's a tradition. We'll tell you about it if you're new to the show when we come back. We've got smelly stickers. We've got some players of the game to hand out here on Talking Cowboys, presented by the Black Rifle Coffee Company. This segment was brought to you by the Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, sited by Captain Morgan. We'll be right back with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 5: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the Coffee Club today.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 4: At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated. Five D requires compatible landing to bikes. Five G may not be available in your area. Se Att dot com slash five G for you for details to Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome back in to Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Why are you clapping, Kyle? You just broke your record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are times people where Kyle has to run up to his desk and grab the helmet for smelly stickers. But I want you guys to see this time. His previous record was two minutes and I think eighteen seconds. Look at this time right here, a minute fifty six ninety four. Put some respect on two point ninety four. Shout out to Ky you still got You're still in a shae from your wedding.
Speaker 4: Huh that got a little bit still left. Not not nearly as a shape as I was for the wedding. That has changed significantly, but yeah, went up and got the helmet. The tradition of smelly stickers, the scratch and sniff began three years ago, and we got to give a shout out to our main man, Heckma Harrison, who of course is on the player's lounge. He was the one that I believe first came up with the smelly stickers mantra where well players as a as they did something well, they earned a smelly sticker. So I went out and I bought some physical scratch and sniff smelly stickers, and they're basically the smell scrumpses. Yeah, they definitely do. Actually, these stickers are probably three years old. I need to get some new ones.
Speaker 7: Fire agent like wine smellycker.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know. I don't even know if they have like an expiration date or what ends up happening. But I do have this full sized Cowboys helmet, and this is the the helmet that we use all season long to put basically helmet stickers. You get them in college and stuff. Ohio State and some of those other big programs do it. But you put a smelly sticker for each player of the game throughout the year, and we keep try of it, of course, and everybody will get one even tomorrow. Whenever John Matchoda is in, he'll give us his smelly sticker h to tell us exactly who was the player of the game for the Cowboys. So since it's the first time for mister Nick Harris, fresh off is fresh road trip, let's go first road trip. Yep, how much? How many hours of sleep did you get last night?
Speaker 7: A good three? It was good though.
Speaker 4: There we go. Yee, you've got the first person to me. Okay, yeah, there all right, so yeah, you get it and tell us exactly why they are in the smelly sticks.
Speaker 7: So the past rush was obviously fantastic, last night.
Speaker 6: There were a lot of guys I think you could choose from as to you know, who set the tone, who helped establish it. But I want to give credit to Osa Diggi Zuoa two sacks on the night had an extra tackle for loss. He was getting in there and he was a big part of why that right side of the offensive line was going through a lot of troubles last night. You know it wasn't just having Neil was also the right guard as well. So Osa Diggi Zooa. You get the first smelly sticker of twenty twenty three?
Speaker 4: How about that? The first one? All right?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 4: It's it's grapes because Beam understands.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: By the way, if you want to give us your vote for smelly stickers, I think we're gonna do a fan vote this year, and you can do it on the text line eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. All you got to do is send us the name of who your smelly sticker goes to, and uh send us, send us say that it's a smelly sticker on there. So ohsa Gizua dash smelly sticker week one or whatever. Eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. I'll let you go next, Isaiah.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Kyle. I am going to go ahead and hand out this right here. I don't know if you get there. It is, okay, is a donut with sprinkles on it? Okaynick, do you know why I'm picking a donut with sprinkles because.
Speaker 7: It's a zero?
Speaker 4: You dog on right?
Speaker 3: Okay, you dog on right? Okay, dog on MICHAEH. Parsons was the main course here? Okay, The main course is the donut, right, That's what you get into it for. But every now and then you need a little sprinkles. You gotta sprinkle him in with some of the defenders that were surrounded around him, so he has some guys that will sprinkled in there to make some plays. And because those guys came and they were nice and wholesome and they had some sprinkles on there, they ended up giving those guys a big old donut hole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gave him a big old donu hust.
Speaker 3: So shout out to Michael Parsons right there sitting the edge doing this thing, making things nasty so his boys could sprinkle in and make some plays.
Speaker 4: And they ended up giving these guys a big old donut hole. Let's go put it right right up front, big old donut. Yeah, right right there front.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're gonna remember that one.
Speaker 4: That's right. That don't want be there for a little while. All right, Mine is a We've got a nice peach, peach almost. I almost went like this the camera right here. This is a upgrading, Kyle. So I've got a peach here. I'm gonna give this to dan Quinn as a coach, because you know what dan Quinn's unit did yesterday? What's that? They kicked some peach.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they kicked some ass is what they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about that, dan Quinn, I'm gonna put a red there. Cowboys destroyed the giants. Daniel Jones didn't know where he was on Sunday night. He didn't know where he was. And that's a credit to a little bit of everybody on the defense. So the way that I'll kind of hit that is dan Quinn, does he have a bruise peach now?
Speaker 7: Because that and a lot more that and a lot more so.
Speaker 4: My first smelly sticker of the year goes to dan Quinn. Last year, one of my first smelly stickers went to dan Quinn. As well. So we had Osadigizua dan Quinn and then right here in the front that the donut.
Speaker 7: I fully expected one of you to go trave on. That's why I went OSA.
Speaker 4: So I hope John's yeah maybe, yeah, hopefully he does well.
Speaker 7: I don't want to discredit had a great night.
Speaker 4: By the way, the first three text messages I've seen have been Trayvonrever, we go, Wanda Thomas, Marquise Bell, smelly sticker, send to your your your smelly sticker votes eight one seven, two nine zero three two nine eight. Doesn't cost anything to shoot us a text message? Uh, beamer, who's your smelly sticker? Here in forty to nothing country? I was thinking about digs honestly. Yeah, give him an orange? You want to give him an orange? Do we even have an orange? In a second page? I think we do. We'll probably have something because orange. You're glad you have him on?
Speaker 7: Oh bars, Okay, we got a mango.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's an orange. Yeah, there you go. And we got a mango and it doesn't work. Yeah, main goes off and it was really good. Thanks dude.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: I learned from.
Speaker 2: About that his his punch out. Uh, the late one in the game is NBC was doing something with his son. His son kind of walked down on the sidelines and and he was like, you know, cheering for NBC. And the next play he does that and then brings his the ball over and gives it to his son in the stand.
Speaker 4: When the guide reached his arms out, not for you, and I'm like, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, man, NBC, there's just loving. You can't write this man stories.
Speaker 4: That was really cool and you could see Aiden, who has been in the Spotlight plenty Hero of last year. I mean, he was he that was a moment he'll never forget. And I love that man because sometimes whenever your dad's a pro athlete and a superstar like tray Von Soon your uncle and your uncle yeah that works too, was there too, but yeah he was Sometimes it's crazy, just crazy kids. Life is never going to be normal now. That's but that's it. He doesn't have a chance to have a normal childhood and build he builds specific memories with his family and things like that. But man, that was really cool to see to see Aidan's excitement.
Speaker 6: And I have a really quick Aiden Digs story. I was it was on when I was on the job. At my last job, I was at this seven on seven tournament in Vegas. It was put on by overtime. It was a really huge deal, like a national championship type event. And on one of the practice fields typically like kids are show up and you know, throw the ball around or whatever.
Speaker 7: And Aiden Dix was there and there was no Trayvon.
Speaker 6: I don't honestly, I don't know how he got there, honestly, but he was a minute that day, like he was just going around talking all this mess and playing recess ball, like in between games. I found myself over there watching Aiden Diggs when I could have I should have been doing my job.
Speaker 7: That's funny, but that's what I remember what I think of Aiden.
Speaker 4: Did wonder where he gets that from a little bit too much talk. No doubt Trayvon will certainly talk, but Stefan's the guy. That matchup is gonna be nice. Yeah, that'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: I can't wait. So I was thinking about that last night. I can't wait for that one.
Speaker 4: There is some homework to do tonight. There's homework because this this morning the New York Times. I believe it's one of the New York papers. Their sports section had a picture of Daniel Jones being swallowed up by multiple Cowboys defenders and the term was let's go Jets. It was we're on to the Jets now because of what happened to the Giants last night. Well, that's exactly what the Cowboys are looking at. They're on to the Jets as well. They're looking into week two Aaron Rodgers and company. They host Stephan Diggs and the Bills tonight on Monday Night Football. So Cowboys Nation, get your get you a nice miller, like go, sit in front of the couch, get prop the feed up a little bit and do for scouting because we've got some time. Oh yeah, I got a little mill there, but we got yeah, we've got uh. How about that. We've got a short week for the Jets. Cowboys get to watch it themselves at home tonight, get to do some scouting, and then we get to preview the Jets starting on Wednesday. That that's gonna be a fun matchup too. I was a betting man, which I'm not unless I'm racing somebody except for me. I broke my record, so you did.
Speaker 3: I almost I would put a bowl of cereal, Okay, Okay about how about put a bowl of quicker ot there? You go on the fact that this team will probably have multiple watch parties tonight at the somebody's house?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, probably, why not just one? I don't know if anybody.
Speaker 7: I the Q one has got a crazy play it here?
Speaker 4: Fifty people were sixty people here.
Speaker 7: That's gonna be my question to him on Thursday. How big is your home theater.
Speaker 4: There? Please actually asked that, and then we'll clip it and put it on sale with you just Friday. I have a question today.
Speaker 7: I can't do that.
Speaker 3: That's whose house? Who's hosting the party? The watch party tonight. I've heard law likes the host to watch parties. I could see that, but that that I mean that was a couple of years ago though, So who knows.
Speaker 6: Easily had the best post game drip last night? By the way, yeah yeah, his post game fit, well, he.
Speaker 4: Was ready to go. I'm gonna start giving his smelling stickers from Nick Harris to the post game drip champ.
Speaker 7: We can do fashion smelly stickers. One thousands will always be down. Get one?
Speaker 4: Do you get one?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: The sneakers Okay, I like I used to look good too, by the way you look.
Speaker 7: You always look great.
Speaker 4: The sideline best love it. Yeah, I saw a picture of being getting laid out on the ground though. We gotta talk. No, I don't know what happened in that one, but that's gonna do it for us today on Talking Cowboys. Hope you had as much fun as we did here on this victory Monday. We'll be back tomorrow nine am Central Time from the Star in Frisco for Chris being Isaiah standback Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long. Cowboys win at forty to nothing over the Giants in Week one. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.