Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Joie and he.
Speaker 2: Arms You get it. Have you been watching the four X markets? The four X markets? You haven't been watching the four x markets? You should be live from Studio C. He dimly let room beg with in the bowels of the Armstrong in any communications compound, they were under the tube. Ledge of not talking about tariffs, that's our general manager. Our general manager is the concept of not talking about tariffs. As I immediately launch into just the tiniest bit of talk to explain why we're not going to talk about Terrek. I was just reading this thing about from some supposed expert about the four X markets. It's all capitals FORI ex a phrase, I've are a word the term I guess it's an acronym I've never seen before in my life. And how you need to understand those markets. And I mean, I knew this weeks ago. I've known this my whole life. I don't know much about this stuff. And just because it's the number one story in the world right now, I've decided, you know, I'm not going to try to get my AA degree in this by reading up on it. It'll come and go as a story. I'll repeat things that other smart people say and you can sort it out on your own or whatever. It's not my area of expertise or interest for that matter, but I became aware of reading a couple of things today from smart people. It's just it's so incredibly flipp and complicated. I gotta believe the massed, the mass amount of people you hear commenting on this don't know what they're talking about. That's got to be the case anyway.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The other one thing that is worth mentioning that happened overnight. Oh, Joe's at the Master's Golf Tournament, which is the biggest golf tournament of the year. If you're not into golf, it's a really really big deal, very very hard ticket to get. He's there today only, but he's uh, he's going to call in later, we think overnight. So Uh, Trump announced yesterday, no made a miss. People are reporting this wrong. Are tariffs on China are not one hundred and twenty five percent, They're one hundred and forty five percent or forty eight percent or whatever. It is, but it's much higher. It's a lot, very very high. So everything going into China, are coming in from China has a one hundred and forty five percent tariff on it, close to that. So China announced overnight while you were asleep, everything going into their country from the United States now has a one hundred and twenty five percent tariff on it. So it is. It was already, but it is now a full blown trade war between the two biggest economies that have ever existed on playing earth full board trade war. The analysis beyond that, I'm not capable of doing it. I'm not smart enough, but it should be exciting to watch and see what things start to cost to come in from China. That is the end of my commentary on the trade war. Spilled coffee all over myself driving to work today, and I've yet to find a travel mug sort of thing that I can drink out of successfully. I just can't.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, there are quite a few of them.
Speaker 2: The lids on most of them are built in such a way that you have to tilt your head back to be able to get the liquid to come out, and then you're staring up in the air and you can't see the road if I drink out of a regular cup, which is what I've always done, and Joe has always said, why don't you have some sort of travel mug with the lid. I just drink out of a regular coffee cup because you can just tilt it a little bit to drink. Okay, see look here, I'll show you. See this lid only flips up this far. Yeah, so it's against my nose already. Okay, so you can't get any liquid to come out. It's almost vertical. Still.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm problematic. I see that.
Speaker 2: So to get liquid to come on, I've got to get tilted at least this far. Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't work, in which case I'm staring straight up in the air. Have you considered a straw hot coffee?
Speaker 2: But maybe this is an official Starbucks mug too, and it wasn't cheap thirty bucks.
Speaker 4: This is this is quite the conundrum.
Speaker 2: Thirty bucks thirty bucks. Yeah, because it's just Starbucks on it.
Speaker 4: I'm disappointed in you.
Speaker 2: I'm disappointed in me on a daily basis. The other thing I wanted to talk about is a corporate training that we all have to take. Because I spent a good hour and a half yes day on some corporate training. And I know every corporation does that. It is not a complaint about my corporation that employs me, and I'm very happy about it and the wage we agreed on and everything. I have no complaints about that. I know every corporation does this, so this is not unique. But everybody I know also complains about it. And this is the sort of thing I wish Doge could get rid of. How many man hours are wasted every quarter or every year on training for your various industry that, from what I hear from y'all, is the same as it is with ours. It's completely worthless. I mean, there's no there's no real anything to it. I've always assumed it's just it's a way to get straight with the lawyers, so that if suddenly does sexually harass somebody or steal office equipment or whatever, you can't come back and say, well, I didn't know and sue the corporation. The corporation can say, yes, we trained you in this, and you signed a little certificate that says you were trained in it.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the tactic of turning power points with words that I can read into a video that I have to sit through as the words scroll by, and I listen to someone else read them to me.
Speaker 2: I wonder, man, ours aren't as long as the governments. I have a friend who works in almost of the agency I shouldn't in one of the government agencies, and there's a really long I wonder if lawyers said, no, it's got to be at least forty minutes long for courts to believe that you trained them. I wonder if there's something like that, because it does seem, yeah, like they go out of their way to drag it out something you could read in ten minutes. They talk very very slowly to make it last longer. Yes. Yeah, back in the day, some of them you could actually fast forward that. Not that I ever did that, but right, you wouldn't do that, Oh, of course, not because he's conscientious. Yeah, that's right. Early days of doing these online, you can just click to the end. Now you got to let them roll in real time. And I assume everybody does them the same way I do. You Press play, you go do your laundry, you come back. Okay, that one's that made it to the end. Press play again, come back, later until you're done. And everybody does that, and everybody knows everybody does that, including the bosses at every company. So what are we doing.
Speaker 3: It's got to be legal, I know it is, but even so it's a joke.
Speaker 2: It's just it makes me angry on that level. It's not the time it takes. I've hated this since I was a kid. I don't like pretending. I don't like everybody lying to themselves. It's like an orwell thing. I just I don't like us all sitting around and pretending this isn't silly. It makes me nuts. And everybody knows it's.
Speaker 5: Ridiculous, and your boss knows it's ridiculous, and your boss's boss knows it's ridiculous, and yet we all do it in every corporation. I don't know how many times you have to do it per year, with all the training hours and hours of it.
Speaker 2: It makes me crazy. This is the sort of thing dods should be able to get rid of. You know, they tally up every March madness. They say four point three billion dollars worth of productivity will be lost this year as people fill out their brackets at work. How many billions of dollars are productivity are lost from these training things that accomplish nothing. Actually, there are studies that show that after sexual harassment training, sexual harassment goes up. There have been multiple studies show that. I don't quite understand why that would be, because it's like a how too, you're looking hot because you can't say, oh, that's bad. You see you guys say that and you think that's a pretty good line. Is that what happens? I don't quite understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't tried that one yet.
Speaker 2: Our main training in our industry first month, So I'm sure this is true in whatever industry you are. It's so like anachronistic or antiquated or whatever about things that used to be true years ago or or never occurreding Like luckily, Michael, Katie and I have been trained recently this week not to go down to a dock and bribe a dock worker as they unload a boat, which I was really considering doing. Yeah, I was very close until I saw that video and then I went, oh, I can't do that. I'm not supposed to go down to the dock where they unload giant containerships, bribe dock workers and bring stuff to the radio stay.
Speaker 4: I had to come up with something else. It's just awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not complaining about my company. I'm happy with my company. I just sang. Every corporation in America does this, and it's a waste of time and money. Yes, Michael, if bosses are listening, I find him joyful and I really enjoy this stuff. You wish there were more? Yeah, I do. Yes, it's hilarious. I mean it's It would be hilarious if it didn't take up so much time. Oh my god. Anyway, if you have those, let me know what you get trained in in your industry and how stupid they are on the text line four one five two nine five KFTC. Let's start the show officially. We got some good guests today. Whenever Joe's going, I line up some guests, and we got some good I've been wanting to talk to Mikelines for a long time because this is a bunch of military stuff going on. We haven't talked to him in weeks. I can't wait to do that official start of the show. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Friday, April the eleventh. Here twenty twenty five. We are Armstrong and Geeddy and we approve of this program. Let's begin the show. Heading into the weekend at Mark.
Speaker 6: Texas is investigating Kellogg's over his healthy products containing artificial flavors and dies. Come on, please, you should know it's not healthy when they have to spell fruit with two o's.
Speaker 2: I mean, give me a smile. You're going to miss the dies when they're gone. Maybe they're all killing us. Maybe the dyes are giving us cancer and they should go. But you get rid of the dies, and everything's just kind of a gray or a brown, not appetizing. Yeah, I don't think people are going to enjoy that. What color would a pop tart be in its natural form and all the ingredients so that it'd be some sort of gray sludge instead of a brown crust. I think same with your fruit loops. Some of the other guests, we were going to talk to somebody about this giant legislation bill that they're trying to get through. Possibly some of this terrorist stuff is to hide the fact that they're trying to renew the Trump tax cuts, which is a really really big deal for everybody who pays taxes and for the economy and the Democrats hate it. I paid my tax bill yesterday for the year, wrote the biggest check I've ever written in my life. And I just gotta love taxes. Gotta love them. And then when you come to work and talk about all the ways that they waste your taxes.
Speaker 3: MMMM.
Speaker 2: Makes it even more enjoyable when you find out that big chunk of money that you spent is being used unwisely. M Doesn't that feel good? Warms your warms and cockles your heart. Anyway, We've got a lot of good stuff on the way text with those corporate trainings that you do please, and we've got clips of the week coming up. Also, Katie's headlines all the way stay with us. Just from the Seattle Times. Rii's new CEO has apologized for his endorsement of President Trump's Secretary of the Interior. Wow, God of world do we live in? Well? ARII is a pretty uh hippie dippy store. I really like it, But they couldn't handle Trump's Secretary of Interior. Whoever the heck? That is? All right, let's find out what the headlines are with Katy Green.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, this is the top story everywhere, but from USA Today. Tech company ceo among six killed in New York City helicopter crash.
Speaker 2: Well, part of the reason, it's the top stories that happened in New York, So things that happen in New York always end up being the top story. It's a terrible story, but it has no greater significance to anyone's life.
Speaker 4: The video is awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the picture I mean, I've had. I've taken pictures like that with my brothers and my parents when we were kids, and with my family. The family picture they take for you right before you get on the helicopter trip and then there are a few minutes later they were dead. What a horrible, horrible deal. The road just broke off you. That's the end of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. From the Associated Press.
Speaker 3: US stocks dive as euphoria on Wall Street reverts to fear about US China trade war.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm gonna read a little thing from a Wall Street Journal's editorial board about that.
Speaker 3: Coming up From CNN, Supreme Court says Trump administration must quote facilitate release of man wrongly deported to L.
Speaker 4: Salvador prison.
Speaker 2: That's a heck of a deal. To their credit, the Trump people announced that they had made a mistake. Once they figured it out, they didn't claim that they didn't. But now the Supreme Court is saying it's on them to try to figure out how to get the guy back. So is the guy currently in that horrible prison, that's one of the worst prisons on earth. Good God, he wouldn't want to be there in there for an hour, let alone weeks. No, geez, he's gonna and you know when he comes back, Oh, he will be on sixty minutes or the you know, George Stephanopolis will have him on ABC this week, or he'll be everywhere.
Speaker 4: Meet the press.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll be Yeah, he'll be all over the place, just to make Trump look horrible with his whole deportation day From.
Speaker 3: The New York Times, Trump envoy arrives in Russia, seeking to rekindle Ukraine.
Speaker 2: War talks, which are nowhere.
Speaker 4: From the Guardian.
Speaker 3: Law eight olymp adds swimming and sprints to mixed gender categories, so they're gonna instead of having men's and women's and because of this whole trans thing now they're just saying, oh, you guys all do it together, not.
Speaker 2: All of them. They'll still have the men's one one hundred meter, but they're also have a mixed version.
Speaker 4: They're going to have a mixed gender version.
Speaker 2: With the same participants or different participants.
Speaker 3: I they didn't get into all that detail. They were just talking about the events themselves.
Speaker 2: Wow. Unless they go out of their way to rig it is, aren't the dudes just gonna dominate that?
Speaker 4: You'd think like they usually would?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they do? Yeah, right, you know, in case you're not aware of this, like the best high school boys can beat the best women in the world Olympic records. It's just just a fact. I didn't know the Olympics were in LA in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: That's kind of yeah.
Speaker 3: This one from the Athletic MLB Insider says the billion dollar ballplayer could arrive by twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: Billion dollar contract. Wow.
Speaker 4: This one from California Globe.
Speaker 3: Former VP Kamala Harris consults with Hillary Clinton on possible governor run in twenty twenty six. She's also meeting with Biden and Butt Edge Edge.
Speaker 2: Why would you meet with Joe Biden about anything? I would think she would know better. I mean, I can understand her meet with Hillary and other people, But as she tries to decide whether she wants to run for governor in California. Basically, her thinking is, probably, is it one while I win, will I be embarrassed? Well, I absolutely embarrassed. The embarrassed and the embarrassment would come in not getting the nomination. I think other Democrats run in Californians think, yeah, you're You're ridiculous. New York Times had some pretty scathing stuff about her yesterday and how Democrats around the country don't want her around. They don't think she helps. She walks out on the stage with.
Speaker 4: You from page six.
Speaker 3: Jack Nicholson offered his home to ex wife during La Fires.
Speaker 4: Quote heartbreaking, Lee.
Speaker 2: Sweet, that was nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's one of my favorite actors of all time. This one from the New York Post.
Speaker 4: This sketchy drink.
Speaker 3: Order immediately puts every bartender on high alert. Quote scanning for the nearest security guard.
Speaker 2: What drink is it? Well, I yes, sir, No, I don't have a guess.
Speaker 4: The Long Island iced tea.
Speaker 2: Oh, because it's got so much booze in it.
Speaker 3: They say, people drinking those are looking to black out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was aware of that back when I used drink if I was with somebody who's drinking Long Island iced teas, I realize you are going to get wasted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, red flag.
Speaker 3: And finally, the Babylon Bee protesters remain unaffected by Trump's shower deregulation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to talk about that. That gets a lot of joking. But don't be messing with our water pressure, you nanny staters. And that's so red. That's what the founding fathers had in mind, is the federal government deciding how much water pressure you should have in your shower. Okay, we got clips of the week coming up in a lot more armstrong and getty. Thank you to the texture that had the same drinking coffee problem out of a mug I had and suggested, the yetti coffee mug is the best. The way you'd turn it to the side, you'd have to tip it up so much. There you go. That might be my answer today. Those are expensive, though.
Speaker 4: Not more expensive than your Starbucks got thirty.
Speaker 2: Bucks probably not mm got this text. I don't know if I agree with them, but it's a decent point. I would gladly stay in an El Salvador in prison for three weeks to earn the payout that he's gonna get from this lawsuit. I hadn't thought about that. It could be epic apic. He's he could be the one of the bigger payouts ever. Yeah, I don't know. It could be pretty awful. And that is Salvador in prison if you get out alive. But yeah, he is gonna get a ton of money. I hadn't even thought about that. And the interview circuit, Oh my god, get ready for that. We got a whole bunch of great texts about your corporate training that are both humorous and interesting. Got Wall Street Journal editorial board weighing in on the tariffs, maybe one aspect of it you hadn't thought of before, and a bunch of good stuff to get to some great guests today. But first we need to take a fond look back at the week that was. We call it cow Its clips up the week.
Speaker 1: The Silent Riot has begun talk.
Speaker 7: Which and that's it. Connecticut is back off top.
Speaker 2: Short. Here's the doctor KICKSI puts it up a forty.
Speaker 8: Five for topics biotech company Colossal Bioscience. It says it brought the extinct dire wolf back to life, a species that hasn't walked the earth since the Stone Age. May it please the Court, I come here today a humble proceeds for a panel of five distinguished justice.
Speaker 4: Is this hold On?
Speaker 2: Is that counsel for the case? And that ELAW's a car manufacturer. But he's not a car manufacturer, He's a car assembler.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk calling President Trump's top trade advisor dumber than a sack of bricks.
Speaker 2: We do picking cut we are. You can't pay us enough to file a plantation.
Speaker 7: On Saturday, protesters took to the streets in the city, all across the country's picking out against the Trump administration's moves.
Speaker 4: The silent riot has begun.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 9: These countries are calling us up, kissing my ass.
Speaker 2: There's no postponing. They are definitely stay in place. But now it's our turn to do the ripping. The s and P five hundred losing more than five trillion dollars in value in just two days.
Speaker 4: Whose throat do I get to choke if this proves to be wrong.
Speaker 2: I know what the hell I'm doing. I know what I'm doing, and you know what I'm doing too.
Speaker 3: The President announces he's putting a ninety day pause on.
Speaker 2: Most of his tariff. It's the bond market. Those markets weren't imploding last night.
Speaker 9: Well, I thought that people were jumping a little bit out of line.
Speaker 2: They were getting yippie. You know, the bond market right now is beautiful.
Speaker 3: Any of you in the media clearly missed the art of the deal.
Speaker 2: This was his strategy. Spacing off and daydreaming is incredibly important as a sleep. Hope you are well or all no? On the Oh wow, we had to relive that moment. Joe called that do you have the short version of that handy the Joe called that the worst moment in thirty years of working together.
Speaker 3: Hope you are well or all no? On the something you were trying to say, Narwals.
Speaker 2: Something happened with my mouth. I don't remember what I was trying to say.
Speaker 4: You're trying to say the word alternative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but for whatever reason, man, my tongue like swoll to twice its normal size immediately, like I got stung by a bee or something.
Speaker 4: Are well or all no?
Speaker 8: On the.
Speaker 4: You know the we're here laughing at you?
Speaker 3: And then the amountic concern that came in on like Facebook and Twitter, like is Jack is Jack okay, you know, you know all the signs of like a you know.
Speaker 4: A medical emergency. I'm like, right, thank, he's fine.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Remember years ago that woman that started talking really funny like that she was having a stroke on camera and I was not. But it is a little disturbing. I mean, when you when you talk for a living for whatever reason, if you're born with a brain that that doesn't happen very often. It's disturbing if it happens, because you know, some people can't do that, like if you're a if you're a you know, if I as a politician running for all, if you're in a debate presidential debate and you do what I did right there? Play that again. I hope you are well or all now on the men that happen with Joe Biden, right, but I mean that would get put to music and they'd be talking about it on Jimmy Kimmel. I hope you are well or all? No, all, my god, it almost hurts for me to hear it because I can like feel my mouth just oh that was rough.
Speaker 4: Well, it was funny.
Speaker 3: Was Michael following you into the newsroom asking if you wanted him to drive you home.
Speaker 2: I was just concerned. Oh wow, yeah, I heard about that yesterday from a few people. I'm okay, I think, and although I've never done that before, if it happens again today, I'll probably have to go see a doctor of some sort. I hate to get into this on a Friday, but I want to bring this up. Just see, have your eyeballs out for it, and you can text, emailert I was about to say, call, we haven't taken a call in years. Text or email next week if you come across this. So the Wall Street Journal pointing out this is their editorial board. What investors know is that the trade war China announced overnight they're up in They're tariffs on American goods coming into one hundred and twenty five percent. Now, so you know you're not paying that. But if that causes all kinds of buyers in China to think, well, I'm not going to buy the American good anymore. I'll buy the same version from somewhere else, then our companies are selling a lot stuff, so that less stuff, so that will have an effect. Also. Anyway, let me just read this. I keep interrupting myself. What investors know is that the trade wars far from over, and damage persists even with the ninety day pause. The tariffs that continue are the largest tax increase in the United States since nineteen eighty two. They're bigger than Bill Clinton's ninety three tax increase and George HW Bush's nineteen ninety tax increase. Taxes are antigrowth. The Wall Street Journal is saying what a lot of people say is that tariffs are taxes in effect, because when you say there is a tariff of x percent on things coming from a country, the company involved that has to pay this tariff passes it along to the consumer because you have no choice because you're already operating as leanly as you possibly can if you've got any competition. So a good chunk of it is going to be paid by us. So the reason I wanted to throw that out there is, you know, when when will you I start seeing these things showing up in products that we buy, Like you go to Amazon and pick something out and say, WHOA, I don't remember that costing that much. Remember what inflation was like every time you went to the grocery store or McDonald's or whatever, and you go, WHOA, that's how much is that going to start happening again here in the next couple of weeks with everything from China every time you go to Walmart or whatever. I I I hope not. And if it does, what is that going to do to Are people willing to hang with it? Maybe we have the clip. I don't know if I can find it quickly. It's blah blah blah blah blah. Is him Hanson? What did he call the whole thing? It wasn't growing pains, but it was a it was a term sort of like that that we're going to have to go through over the next couple of weeks. I'll find it plane. But he had a term for what we're gonna, what we're gonna, what this is, what this period is going to be like. So we think we're in very good shape. We think we're doing very well again.
Speaker 9: There'll be a transition cost, transition cost and transition problems, but in the end it's going to be it's going to be a beautiful thing. We're doing again what we should have done many years ago. We'll let it get out of control, and we allowed some countries to get very big and very rich at our expense.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna can't let that happen, can't.
Speaker 9: It's not a sustainable formula.
Speaker 2: Uh, transition costs, that's what he's calling the extra what we'll all be paying for a while, with the theory being his theory being that China is gonna come around, They're going to stop screwing what this the way they have, and then everything will go back to the way it was and we'll have won the battle. Wall Street Journal editorial board getting back to that quickly says, by far, the biggest problem in the global trading system is the abuse of free trade rules by the authoritarian regime in China. Mister Trump's scattershot tariff policy won't solve that problem so far. He's hurting his own cause in country more than he's hurting Chinese Communist Party. Well, I hope they're wrong and Trump is right. Since this is the world that we live in. We'll all go through this together and we'll see if this transition phase gets us to a better place and we all think it was worth it or not. And I think it will be pretty obvious to everyone which of those outcomes we get here. And I don't know if this will take week, month, weeks, months or years. It's not gonna take years, probably more like weeks or months anyway. Corporate training seems to be a thing for a lot of y'all. Some of these examples are hilarious. They're all more or less stupid in a waste of time. So we'll get to some of that coming up, and some great guests an hour too. Hope you can stick around today. Well, listen to this.
Speaker 6: Trump just signs an executive to make America's showers great again with more powerful shower heads that no longer restrict water flow. Yeah, the goodness is more powerful shower heads.
Speaker 2: Around the way. Bad news. They're home made in China. So I mean, that's just that we can't win. I don't mind the joke, but I don't understand why people mock Trump for wanting to do away with that. The federal government shouldn't be involved in how much water pressure you have in your shower head. That's insane. Why do you think that's funny that he wants to get rid of those restrictions?
Speaker 3: He should that they mocks They mock it because it is Trump. That's the only reason this was Biden.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, oh, yeah, there's plenty of people think the federal government should be involved under every aspect of your life all the time because they know better. But it's so crazy anyway, I don't want to get a hung up on that. I started the hour by talking about the corporate training I had to do yesterday, once again reiterating I love my company, h and I realize this is something you have to do. All kinds of speaking of federal laws and ridiculousness that they make companies do. Every company does it, so I's just thrown it out there to those of you who also have to do corporate training. That is a complete waste of time and productivity. And everyone knows it at every level. That's why it makes me insane that goes on. The employee knows it, your boss knows it, your boss's boss knows it. Yet we all do it makes me crazy. Anyway, We got a bunch of texts. I work in radiology in a hospital. I have to take a basic radiation safety thing every year just in case I forgot everything I was taught in college, and use every single day. The module is the equivalent of telling an orthopedic surgeon that humans have bones. Grocery store employees have it the worst, redundant, long, silly training programs that last at least an hour. Every industry thinks theirs are the worst. I'm sure yours are bad, just like ours are. They're a complete waste of time and money, and everybody knows it, and yet we keep doing them. A few days ago, our schoo district made us spend thirty minutes at a faculty meeting watching a video about the dangers of on the job indoor heat exposure for teachers. I learned that when you're hot and thirsty, you should drink some water. Yeah, but again, it's to get the lawyers off your back, because if you got woozy from being thirsty and fell and hit your head, you could go in front of a jury full of idiots and make the claim that I didn't know I was supposed to drink. The school never told me. And the school has to pay you, you know, five million dollars, and so they have these kinds of trainings. That's what drives it all. We've got to find our way out of this. I'm a technician in a small shop for a large corporation. I love this one. My manager actually takes all the mandatory training for all of us so that we don't lose actual production time. So the manager probably sits at a computer and just keeps placking, clicking play play, play play play on everybody's training, so it will show up as having taken because he understands what a complete waste of time it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at the end of the day, you're still losing productivity because he's sitting there doing that.
Speaker 2: True. I don't like this one. I hope this doesn't come to us soon. I work for the City of San Francisco. The mandatory videos we get now after each segment ask you questions that if you miss just one, you have to start the segment over because on our all I did it again on all our tests, like if you get fifty percent, you pass. Yeah. So I mean, I just guess. I don't listen to any of it. I don't read it. I've never listened to or read any of the training. I guess on all the multiple choice questions, and I've always passed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I work for a large municipal water district. Yes, the corporate trainings can be extremely ridiculous. But really gets me is by company, they always start off with the reminder of the group that words can be weapons and the interest of equity, be mindful of using patriarchal terms, gender neutral, et cetera, et cetera. The speech is always used even when the subject matter isn't controversial in any way. It's my numbingly idiotic and usually causes eye rolls and laughter among the attendees. A large municipal water district and they start their training with remember not to use patriarchal terms. What the hell. I'm in low level data entry that never travels, but I had to know how to not mess with experiency reports or bribe people overseas. That's hilarious. I like this one my corporate training. I work for a Japanese manufacturer. I'm in the heating and air conditioning division, but I have to take all the training about not selling weapons to terrorists in foreign countries. It's hilarious.
Speaker 4: I can see how I can get, you know, mixed in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's what I was talking about earlier, and how we have to be trained every year to not go down to the dock as they unload cargo ships from other countries and pay off dock workers or something. Hu And then you have to check. I understand not to bribe dock workers, I promise. How does this happen in every industry in the country. God, that's funny. How much time I got, Michael depends on how you keep eating? Yeah, good point. Yet two and a half do I do? I want to get to this story and not. I'm afraid it's going to sidetrack me. I just came across this and I find it astounding. This is from the New York Times. You'd think it was the New York Post or some sort of rag that says stuff like this is from the New York Times. The person who died and boarded an R train subway at around eight pm. According to law enforcement officials with knowledge of the matter, it was unclear on Thursday win or how the person died, So somebody got on the subway eight in the evening and died. A man entered the same train car around eleven at the White How South Ferry station. According to the official, within forty five minutes, the man saw the dead man and began to rummage through his pockets. Okay, so you go over to a guy that appears to be passed out or dead and you start rummaging through his pockets, that's one thing. The man then began to have sex with the body, according to officials and documents. Okay. The episode occurred as New York City subways have become a subject of national debate, with the Trump administration's Transportation secretary pointing them out as examples of poor governance. They have been on the site of several high profile random attacks that have shocked the city, but crime dropped the record blows in the first three months of the year, they say. But anyway, as Byron new York The Washington Examiner points out, sounds like the New York Times is against subway necrophilia. How in the world are there enough people willing to have sex with a corpse? Not only that, you gotta be in the mood immediately and willing to do it in public that if you come across a dead body first, here's my chance.
Speaker 4: I've been waiting for this my whole life found one, right.
Speaker 2: How crazy is that? That is?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Is that? What percentage of people that get on subways want to have sex with a dead body? That's what I would like to know. Thank you, Michael. Oh my god, what a horrible story. There are more details of that I'll have to get to later. We got some great guests an hour two that I look forward to talking to about a bunch of important stuff, and they know more about it than I do. If you miss a segment of this show ever or an hour, you can get the podcast. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand. Armstrong and Getty