Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and and He Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And from Studio ce Signor.
Speaker 1: It is a dimly lit room where Deep put them the bowels of the Armstrong in Getty Communications Compound. And hey y'all, today, brand new week, back from Thanksgiving vacation.
Speaker 3: We're under the tutelage of our general manager, Hunter Biden. Convicted criminal. Pardon me, Hunter Biden, model citizen, model, citizen zero discipline, Hunter Biden.
Speaker 1: Wow, Gali Gally, Gally got it.
Speaker 4: I do you know what my favorite aspect of this is, and it's I hate to get into the meat of it, but I've got to the fact that the pardon goes back to what is a December of twenty fourteen, going back at twenty three Yeah, yeah, yeah, to the very month Hunter became a director at Barismoin just coincidence.
Speaker 5: Ten year pardons are normal. Oh that's right, they aren't. Okay, sorry, I'm spoke.
Speaker 1: Before we get to that. I've got so many things to say about that. Did anybody beat me? And did anybody beat me? In weight gain?
Speaker 5: Since we were last on the air.
Speaker 1: I'm not me.
Speaker 5: I am a full three and a half.
Speaker 1: It comes three and a half pounds heavier than I was when I last joined you. There's more of me to love, is the way I look at it. Pretty good, pretty respected. Yeah, how three and a half pounds in a week is not bad. But like Wall Street, you'd failed to meet expectations.
Speaker 4: I thought I was gonna hear five honestly, little disappointment on the.
Speaker 1: Road travel failed to meet expectations. Your earnings were excellent, but failed. The good thing is that even though I was at Arrowhead Stadium on a cold winter day Friday for the Chiefs Raiders game, it's colder in the studio right now than it was there, so hopefully it will burn off some of these pounds. Trying to stay alive.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three and a half pounds. My PI can feel it. My pants are tighter. Yeah, I got the whole thing going. That's a good start, though, that's a good start. I got several weeks now before Christmas and then a week in between New Year. I mean, I really I could hit double digits. I could easily gain ten pounds, So that's not the goal.
Speaker 4: But well, in a shocking revelation, I am down a pound and a half, which means either my practice of eating my big meal in the middle of the day and that are very light dinners paying off, or I'm dying because I don't quite get how I'm down, but I'm down.
Speaker 1: I don't want to have the darkest joke of all time, but there was a time when I thought, wow, I am really doing well with this that Oh I have cancer. Oh okay, that's why the way it's just melting away. Yeah, let's hope it's not that. Let's hope it does exercised a lot. So back to Hunter Biden. So you're telling me that the party of the rich get away, particularly white males. I mean, it's the rich in general that get to abuse the system with all kinds of different ways and don't pay their taxes. And then guns, Oh my god, nobody should even be allowed to have a gun. But then the people breaking the lava gun. You're telling me the party of that just the president just pardoned a rich white guy so he doesn't go to jail over tax evasion because he was getting so rich, probably illegally, but in regard no conspiratory he didn't pay his taxes. He gets pardoned and doesn't have to pay a price for it, And you're gonna you were going to campaign on the rich don't pay their fair share, and then when what you want of your own rich and again white guys does it, he gets pardoned by the President. That's freaking, freaking unbelievable. Well, it's the truth laid there.
Speaker 4: I mean, on the rank and file level of the college kids and the over educated gender studies, suburban moms who vote Democrats, they're sincere. They're deluded and dopey, but they're sincere. On the elite level, not a single word of that is sincere not a word. It's merely a brand.
Speaker 1: It means as much as always Coca cola? Does that mean how about sometimes Coca cola?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, always? So does that mean that for the rest of my life? When I hear a Democrat saying the rich don't pay their fair share?
Speaker 5: Why other rich gonna except for Honor Biden?
Speaker 1: Can we just chant that back at whoever's giving us the rich don't pay their fair share next time for Hunter Biden. That would be delightful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's sort of like I've been saying.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that an entire new generation of young people coming out of the presidential election learned that, oh, it's all phony, since they went on and on about it was Hitler, and then as soon as he wins, they're like, oh, well, we'll get him next time and let's go down there and visit him. So okay, So you're just lying to me about the Hitler stuff. And then this another generation will think, oh, okay, they're all hypocrites. The rich don't pay their fair share. And when our guys who's rich, really rich, whole family is rich, doesn't pay his taxes, pays zero taxes, not only isn't paying a high enough tax rate, doesn't pay any taxes, we pardon him.
Speaker 4: And despite Joe Biden's claims that it was all about addiction and a bad habit and all, he signed all of those tax returns post sobriety, okay, worth mentioning.
Speaker 1: So to me, this is I didn't realize it.
Speaker 4: You know what, JT and Livermore, maybe a matthe Idaho farmhand, Jeff, some of our Jeff the honorary producer. I need you to remind me of this regularly place or maybe my wife can do it. I need to gamble on politics. I was dead certain he would pardon Hunter. I didn't even have any doubt, no doubt. This is the absolute definition of shocking yet unsurprising. It was a certainty, and I need to start profiting from that. But it is also and I'm heartened somewhat by the fact that the truce will.
Speaker 1: Absolutely come out at some point.
Speaker 4: It's not all about electoral cycles and and momentary political gains. I think historians will dig their teeth into this. Joe Biden's serial liar and money launderer will be exposed eventually as one of the most corrupt presidents in American history. It'll be eventually he'll be long, cold and dead in the grave, But yeah, soon enough.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody who wouldn't pardon their own kid if they had the chances they were heading out the door for the offenses before us. Specifically, if you assumed, as he does, that your kid had their act together. Now, it'd be pretty hard to not pardon mem go with the you know what, tough love. Everybody has to blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: It's my kid. Everybody's going to be mad.
Speaker 1: But I can let him get on with his life, or he can go to prison for maybe the rest of his life. I mean, he's in his mid fifties. If he gets fifteen twenty years, that could be the rest of your life. I'm Joe Biden. I'm about dead. I'm thinking to Hella, Oh you're mad at me. Okay, you know what. I'm going to be dead soon, so don't worry about it. Yeah, I could see No, if you know, God forbids somebody's kid like axe murdered eleven people or something like that. No, no, I wouldn't pardon them. But yeah, it's it's it's hypocrisy laid there. It's practically a guilty plead of money laundering in my mind. Oh yeah, that's interesting. I don't remember Jonathan Earli or somebody I heard say there's practically an admission here that there are more things we don't know about that he hasn't been.
Speaker 5: Charged with that are out there.
Speaker 1: If you're going with the whole, not specific to these you know charges, you're going just any and everything for ten years, right right, Well, there are a couple of reasons he played guilty eventually. Number one, he was guilty as sixteen dogs, as hunter Thompson would have put it. And secondly, to put this all on trial, you get into where did the money come from and where did it go, which is what I was hankering for the whole time. Yeah, and he does get to go with the uh who what father wouldn't pardon their son and ignore the fact that it was going to bring down the whole family.
Speaker 4: Then final brief irony, and I will read you the utterly vomit inducing letter of pardon from the President in a minute. But the fact that a couple of Trump aids got charged with the operating is undeclared unlicensed lobbyists for foreign powers during the Russian collusion hoax, and Hunter labored for millions of dollars for a variety of loathsome foreign regimes and was clearly lobbying for them. But he doesn't get so much as a traffic ticket for it. And then the great irony, sorry, the sickening irony and the letter of pardon is that is that Biden makes it clear that his son's been treated unfairly. This is gotten noney, even treatment he'd been treated more harshly than.
Speaker 1: Anyone else would have without his name. It's absurd yeah, yeah, one sentence on that. But after we start the show officially so we don't get in trouble with the FCC. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty, that Tell guy or whatever his name is, Kutel. You know he and some charge the FBI. We're not starting our show in time. We could end up in prison. You don't know the retribution. I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, brand new month, ran his dude, December second, my mom's birthday, the year twenty twenty four. We are Armstrong in Getty and we approve of this program.
Speaker 4: All let's begin officially now according to FCC rules and regulations. Leaping into action at Mark, Have you.
Speaker 5: Ruled out a pardon for your son? Yes, but the commute his.
Speaker 1: Son, I was very clear and I said no.
Speaker 5: I've been very clear. The President has been very clear when we've been asked us question, and he.
Speaker 1: Said he would not pardon his son. Always made up.
Speaker 5: It's still a no.
Speaker 1: It will be a no. It is a no. And I don't have anything else to add. Will he pardon his son?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Breaking news tonight.
Speaker 2: President Biden has made a decision to pardon his son Hunter.
Speaker 1: Okay, so's going to read from Biden's letter, But including that letter, Biden talks about how politics corrupted the justice system. Oh wit a second, that's interesting. So Trump's bringing all these people in saying you got to clean out the justice department because it's been corrupted, corrupted by politics. Oh no, no, you all been claiming he's a fascist for one to do that. Now you say Hunter Biden wrongly attacked because politics corrupted the justice department? How are you gonna square that circle? Convicted by a jury of his peers.
Speaker 5: Have some more on that coming up in a little bit. Three and a half.
Speaker 1: Pounds of square anything the lying thief and hypocrites.
Speaker 5: Three and a half pounds.
Speaker 1: I'm not happy about it, that's right.
Speaker 5: Joe and I used to live in Salina, Kansas.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember this place called Bogi's Burgers, who had like one hundred and fifty different flavors of shakes too.
Speaker 4: I remember it, blueberry cheesecake. That's my I should have texted you. Yeah, that's getting people what their favorite was. Because I got peanut butter one night and the next night, because I went back again because who doesn't have a milkshake two nights in a row, even though they're eating Thanksgiving style meals.
Speaker 1: In additions of growing ass man, Yes, right, child, So trying to figure out where how am I getting through to f Powells?
Speaker 3: I understand must be by metabolism.
Speaker 5: Uh, how does mailbag look?
Speaker 1: That's quite good? Good start to the monk cool. Our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC. But apparently the new thing in college football is after the game you all go to beating on each other until the uh and fans until the police have to come in in pepper spreea. So apparently that's a new college tradition. Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, Well it's the new tearing down the goldposts apparently. Yeah, all right, so more on that to come. Uh, campus madness, a gender bendit. We got everything for you, plus all the news of the day. Naturally, here's your freedom loving quote of the day. It comes from Henry Brooks Adams, an American historian, a member of the Adams political family, descended from q US presidents.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, quinc Yeah, the right of some people will say the best nonfiction book of the twentieth century, The Education of Henry Adams, which he wrote himself. Excellent. So here is his quote as I click back.
Speaker 4: To that chaos was the law of nature, order was the dream of man. Yet another reminder that the natural state of everything is chaos and decay and violence. Order compassionate, of course, order that respects the human rights. It's a miracle. Don't give it away, Mailbag. You can write us a note, would you? Mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Gary Musquite, Nevada writes, and I agree, obviously, proving what we already know, Biden is the most corrupt president in our history. When the stories come out over the next several years, his name will be synonymous with the worst and most corrupt. Let's see, this is John Obviously Hunter made a deal with his dad. Daddy promised to pardon if you would plead guilty to tax charges, then Joe would avoid accountability for receiving ten percent of the dirty millions.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Brandon.
Speaker 2: We got this text.
Speaker 5: I think I've seen this in a couple of lames. So Joe Biden pardoned three turkeys.
Speaker 1: Hauh, what I got it? That's kind of an old timey con there, you're a loser. Calling somebody a turkey not exactly modern insult. Yeah, that's rather mild by today's standards. Let's see.
Speaker 4: This is from jishn Wright's Glad you lazy bastards are back to work.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 4: I've read multiple articles now in regard to Trump's appointees. They all talk about how these people are going to bring a campaign of retribution. But they failed to tell me what the retribution is for. If I'm seeking retribution because it's someone has wronged me, are they saying he was wronged?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: If I'm seeking retribution it's because someone has wronged me. Are they saying he was wronged and is now going to seek retribution. Well, if he was wronged, why shouldn't he seek retribution? Get these people out of government. Please tell me what the retribution is for. Maybe he should be seeking it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The New York Times writes about that today. We'll talk about that later. There's a paragraph in there that says this is going to make it more difficult for Democrats to complain about Donald Trump going after the Justice Department, since the current Democratic president just said the Justice Department has been doing things for political reasons.
Speaker 4: All right, In cash Patel, who's been nominated to run the FBI.
Speaker 1: Very controversial choice. We'll talk about that some. He will just quote Jo.
Speaker 4: Widen please you wrote him hisistimony, right right, A total change of topic.
Speaker 1: I'd like this.
Speaker 4: David and Umquah, a beautiful organ who's supplied to a number of interesting things about education. Parents write to know solution to teachers grooming children and doctrinating them, sexualizing them, and man, we have stories about all that stuff in different ways. The cure for that is parents' access to classrooms, video proof, real time proof of what school are teaching. Government teachers need to be monitored by parents. Should the government schools be operating without scrutiny? I mean, I realized there are children involved, and you can't, you know, have generally available videotapes of children doing stuff. It's just it's full of problems. But our justice system famously is absolutely ironclad in its openness. Everything happens in front of the people, and you're judged by a jury of your peers.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't your schools.
Speaker 4: Are a darklyistered environment where are secrets unfolded.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you have a nannycam in every classroom? You can just log on and seeing what's going on in your kid's class. Why wouldn't it be that way?
Speaker 4: I get the logistical problems in the modern age, teachers would go viral and like the so called Karen who had a legitimate complaint or it was out of context or whatever, all of a sudden, they'd be and doxed and terrified or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe it would it's a conundry. Maybe it would protect you as a teacher if everybody got to see how unruly students are out of control. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The other to absolutely be an upside, that's an interesting question. We've got a lot of news to catch up on. We've been gone for a week. Stay with us if you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: On demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: I have to mention the most embarrassing part of the whole milkshake fiasco that probably helped me gain.
Speaker 5: Three and a half pounds over the last week. I'll get to that in a minute.
Speaker 1: Uh, Joe is going to read from Joe Biden's letter explaining his pardon, in which he is getting beaten up by lots of people on the left also on how this opens the door for Trump and a lot of arguments that Trump makes, So we'll get to.
Speaker 5: That coming up a little bit later.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we're a half hour into the show and we haven't mentioned cyber Monday. Everybody, It's cyber Monday. But I don't know if we need that sound hopefully he's lost his mind. That seems like an odd sound for cyber Monday. It's like, oh, is that a warning? It's like when there's a tornado or a train coming or something. Uh, it's cyber Monday's ever been very stressed today? Cyber Monday. Up, It's cyber Monday. Of course this follows Black Friday. Yes, Michael, I'm surprised we're not running best of I thought cyber Monday we'd be off to Why aren't we home holding our children and singing cyber Monday songs? Well, because cyber Monday is when you buy a lot of stuff online at work, because you have a faster internet connection at work than you do at home. Heading back to nineteen eighty nine, cyber Monday stopping.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to mention this relating to I went to an outlet mall yesterday and I was so frustrated. There was not a parking spot anywhere. There were just cars circling around this gigantic place, everybody frustrated, so many people walking you could barely draw. I have never in my life, I've been going to this same giant outlet mall for twenty five years, never seen a crowd like this, even close yesterday afternoon. So I mean that is as anecdotal as anecdotal evidence can get about where people are with shopping and consumer confidence and all that sort of stuff. But it was nuts, absolutely nuts, And all the stories in there, I said, has it been like this the whole weekend? When I finally got the park and go in, So oh yeah, it's been crazy Friday, Saturday and today just crazy.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, I don't know. I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: You know, Black Friday, the name of it is ridiculous, but it is a time.
Speaker 1: It's the first time that kmart goes into the black for the year because so many people got in shop after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: But you know, after Thanksgiving you do think start thinking about Christmas shopping and the rest of it. But as an informal measure, Black Friday sales were up significantly from last year. So boys, trying to get your wrap your arms around this economy and who it's good for and who it's not for. It's it's definitely not a simple picture. No.
Speaker 1: I was watching all this and thinking about all those stats we've heard about people have run out of money and they've maxed out their credit cards, and thinking, so, did you open a new credit card? Did you get a raise? I mean, is what is going on with everybody? But I mean, it's just nuts. I didn't declare to my kids this is the last time I will be at a retail outlet until January. I will not do that under any circumstances. Again, it was miserable, Absolutely miserable. Oh yeah, yeah, I have no doubt whatsoever. But that's consumer spending is two thirds of the economy, So that's good for the economy. Although if everybody's putting on their credit cards and can't actually afford it, it's not so.
Speaker 5: I don't have any idea.
Speaker 4: I read a pretty detailed and persuasive account a few weeks ago from the Wall Streets Journal that said, there's a real demarcation between homeowners and owners of stocks and mutual funds and stuff like that who feel very, very wealthy, and the other chunk of the economy that does not feel wealthy at all and is struggling to keep their heads above water and running up their credit cards, not on lavish gifts for each.
Speaker 1: Other, but indeed for you know, the basics. And they've said, yesterday Sunday, come home day from Thanksgiving, with the busiest travel day in US history.
Speaker 5: Wow, so people were getting out and about there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could it be going on at the same time that we're all shocked and horrified by inflation.
Speaker 5: I was talking to my family about this or my brother about this anyway.
Speaker 1: And yet I don't think enough of us, including myself, recognize that unless you've got to raise in the last couple of years, you've taken.
Speaker 5: Like a twenty five to thirty percent pay cut.
Speaker 1: But I think we all ignore that that we've taken a thirty percent pay cut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think we sense it our in our bones. But yeah, that's absolutely a correct way to put it. And that's why inflation is a tax. It's the way the government gets to spend out more money than they have send out more money they have to their cronies, thereby reducing the value of your dollars, and all of a sudden you have to pay, you know, twenty thirty percent more for stuff over the span of a couple of years, making you that much poorer.
Speaker 1: You have been taxed. It's just indirect. It is cyber Monday. If you go to Armstrong Egeddy dot com, you can buy Armstrong and Getty merchandise and there's a special discount of some sort that Hanson put on there for code is cut the crap, the promo code is cut the crap. Okay, are you making this up? Because in violation of FTC regulations, Lena Khan is going to break us up. Well, it is true. This is what Hanson told me.
Speaker 5: Man, Yes, this is actually true.
Speaker 1: Okay, twenty percent off at the Armstrong e Getty store and your code because crap, because because why it's cyber Monday. Eh boy, Michael, Michael, did you.
Speaker 4: Say we're supposed to talk about simply safe. I'm delighted to speaking of savings and then back into the news of the day. If you ever worry about the safety or home and family and everybody does, no better time to act right now. Simply Safety is extending. It's extending. It's massive Black Friday deal for our listeners. Get fifty percent off a new simply Safe security system, the one everybody trusts.
Speaker 1: Just go to simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Now, I was out of town for a few days. You might be here over Christmas or New Years, and I felt pretty comfortable knowing I had the simply Safe system there in the camera I could check in on on a regular basis, the active guard, outdoor protection and all that sort of stuff. If someone's lurking around acting suspiciously, agents will see them in real time.
Speaker 5: And you can get all this for about a dollar a day.
Speaker 4: That's crazy preemptive, you know, intervening to prevent crime for around a dollar a day. Simply Safe again, fifty percent off any new system with select professional monitoring plan. This is your last chance to claim their best offer of the year. Had to simply Safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply say, did.
Speaker 1: You see the pictures that came out of Trump's Thanksgiving when everybody was down there and he's walking around. There's de Sylvester Saloon. There's Elon Musk again, who practically lives there, sitting next to Trump at the big table, and all this sudden they're playing the music and they're all dancing. I mean, that whole toga He's president again. Thing is just on fire.
Speaker 4: I have never seen a higher profile transition than Trump's. I mean, he's the president at this point, he's meeting with foreign dignitaries, he's got him on the phone, or they're coming to mar A Lago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trudeau from Canada went down there to talk to him. Zuckerberg from Facebook went and had dinner with Trump.
Speaker 2: Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 4: I mean, occasionally he's got to have to say, look, I can't help you. You got to talk to the corpse. He's still in office or whatever. He calls him, the Mummy.
Speaker 5: I'm not actually president. Yeah, the Mummy's president.
Speaker 1: He's gonna talk to the corpse. The way people are coming down there to meet with him to try to get on his good side before he takes office has got to be making him feel pretty good about himself.
Speaker 4: Yes, to the extent that he needs a bollstring of his eg Oh yeah, Oh, speaking of which, next hour. I'm sure we will get into this in earnest Trump's appointees or his nominees nominating appointees, and there are a variety of them.
Speaker 1: The pattern has continued. About fifty percent seem rock solid. About twenty five percent are huh, that's interesting. But I'll look forward to the hearings and about twenty five percent are badass nuts if you ask me. But you know, the Senate is there to advise and consent, and they will get together and chat behind the scenes and say, hey, we have these concerns. And to quote who was it, was it Janet Yellen? What was her name? The system worked, The system's working. It's gonna be fine. So polling from last Sunday, CBS News, and this is another one of those don't get your feeling about the electorate through the media because you'll be misled. This was last Sunday, So I don't know if the polls have changed since his FBI nomination at all, which just happened on Saturday. I guess sixty percent of Americans approved of Trump's choices, his cabinet picks. So that's the CBS News poll. So after all of the you know, oh my God, he's so crazy and out of control. Can you believe he's doing these awful things? Or on a RFK Junior and Telsea Gabbard, everything like that. As of last Sunday, after all those names are out and through the whole Matt Gates is a thing with Caman went and everything like that. Sixty percent of Americans approved of Trump's choices. Yeah, I think you're risty forty. That's a pretty big win when you hear that's on our media against you, right, Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 4: Once again, the media representing a tiny swath of weird America.
Speaker 1: But I think it.
Speaker 4: Also is an expression of what I was talking about people and maybe they think this consciously, but they thought, yeah, I've heard there's some good, some bad, but the Senate and that's a couple of months from now, and I'm not worried about it. That's an expression of I have faith in this country and our systems, which I think you should. And I say that having said that, about a quarter of his nominations or nuts to my mind. But they'll get weeded out, or they'll try and they'll fail and and and we'll move on as a country. I'm not I refuse to act as if my heart is on fire every news story that comes out, like most of the media.
Speaker 5: Oh, we got to take a break and come back with eighties headlines. I'm sory.
Speaker 1: I'm a little choked up because it's Cyber Monday and it always gets to me and what it means to the Cyber Monday memories and the Carrol's times with my grandparents on Cyber Monday, long before.
Speaker 4: Day, my dad put his arm around my shoulders and said, son.
Speaker 1: You got a double click.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just.
Speaker 5: Becoming a man, right right. We got a lot of the way.
Speaker 1: I hope you can stay with us text line four ONEFTC. A number of texts about the idea. I don't remember how we got on the topic of cameras in the classroom.
Speaker 5: We got a number of interesting texts about that. Maybe we'll get back into that later.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Great upside, huge downside. It's an intriguing idea.
Speaker 1: We did it for Slash two Cops and it seems to be accepted.
Speaker 5: And there was all the hue and cry before it happened.
Speaker 1: So again, three and a half pounds over Thanksgiving, and at least part of it was my back to back milkshake nights in addition to a lot of ridiculous family eating where I drove across town and went to this famous milkshake place in the town I was in on the trial. And the first night we all ate there because we just rolled into town, and my kids got milkshakes also. But then the second night, when I was going to go back, who wants to get a milkshake? Both my teenage boys said no, Nah, that's too unhealthy.
Speaker 5: I just I don't think I should do a milkshaking.
Speaker 1: So I went by myself because young who are not famous for their judgment, decided, Nah, that's just overdoing it to have milkshake after today.
Speaker 5: So what does that say about me?
Speaker 6: I still don't understand how you're not on that my six hundred pound life show.
Speaker 5: I'm working on it.
Speaker 4: I'm making a chapter of overeaters anonymous or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. My kids. I think it was practically an intervention for my kids to try to convince me not to go and get I did any so much sugar well, and then I appreciated.
Speaker 4: Jack sent me a picture of the truck stop by the highway that we used to sneak off to grab a slice of pie and plan what would become the Armstrong e Getty Show. When we were working for competing stations, we had to slink around like we're having an affair and good times if they have not updated the decor.
Speaker 1: No, but why would you? Had some pie is good and had some pie?
Speaker 5: Had some pie, which is why I'm three and a half.
Speaker 1: There's more of me to love as I keep saying, yeah pie as well, Yes, of course lots of pie. Jack, You're amazing. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the leak story with Katie Green. All right, let me start with NBC News.
Speaker 6: President Biden pardons his son Hunter Biden, despite saying he wouldn't.
Speaker 5: So that part people are making a big deal out of.
Speaker 1: I didn't. Most people assume he would pardon him, and that's just something he had to say.
Speaker 5: So that part doesn't bother me much.
Speaker 1: But the politics around it and the message it sends man, some of the critics in the mainstream media really interesting.
Speaker 5: We'll read from some of that a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Also, it was a full throated statement that yes, some people are above the law. Are people period?
Speaker 6: Bengo ABC News IDF confirms death of another US Israeli hostage.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't hear that.
Speaker 6: From CNN, Putin approves record defense spending a third of Russia's entire budget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're spending thirty some percent of their GDP on the military. To weigh your war against a country that they don't need to be fighting, right.
Speaker 4: Right, with enormous loss of life and the brain drained of the country. What this looks like ten years from now will be really interesting to observe.
Speaker 6: From The New York Times, Germany pledges extra six hundred and eighty million dollars to Ukraine in effort at reassurance.
Speaker 1: It's been a bad week for Ukraine. Russia's taken a bunch of land. We'll talk more about that later.
Speaker 6: From Politico, delete cfpv Elon Musk calls for elimination of Consumer Bureau.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's the Liz Warren project, right. Yeah, I haven't done me any good as far as I can tell, but don't feel strongly about it.
Speaker 6: CBS News postgame fights erupt across Rivalry Reek Right, Wow, rivalry week as four teams attempt to plant flags on opponents field.
Speaker 1: So is this a new thing where you win the game on the road and you take your team's flag and you try to stick it in the middle of the field, and then the other teams says, yes, no way, and they start pulling out numbchucks and knives and bottles, and there's a pull on fight and the cops come in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's happened a handful of times across the recent years, and with the obvious response. If I was a college football player somebody tried that s on my field, I'd beat them down.
Speaker 1: I would go out there and fight them. You're right, And it was at Michigan, Ohio State the cops were actually pepper spraying players. Wow.
Speaker 6: From the New York Post, women including only fans model are getting sterilized and blaming Trump for their.
Speaker 5: Decision sharelie so they can't have kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're getting their tubes tied.
Speaker 5: Because of Trump.
Speaker 1: M hmm, whatever, you nutjobs. You got more on I've got more on the number of people that are threatening to leave or actually leaving or adjusting their lifestyles because of the fear of Trump. Get to that we're getting their tubes tied? What lest Eric mountain them or what? And what is the fear? What is that you know what.
Speaker 4: In spite of myself, Katie, I would like to hear more about this story later.
Speaker 1: NBC was fear mongering yesterday at I couldn't believe it with this idea that gay couples are rushing to the altar to get married before Trump is inaugurated. If you think the right for gay people to get married is gonna go away because Trump is president, you're a crazy person. You need to acknowledge the you've gone nuts, and or you need to acknowledge that, like so many of those people who fell apart completely in the way of the election, you have believed the most ridiculous hyper believe your side the stuff, it's crap. Don't believe it, it's made up.
Speaker 5: And finally, the.
Speaker 6: Babylon b quote, don't let anyone take your power. Tipsy at Kamala tells confused five year olds at Thanksgivings.
Speaker 1: Kids table, that's a funny scenario. So did you see Rob Reiner, the actor director. He is in some sort of like mental rehab thingy. He posted over the weekend. He said, I need a break to be able to recover from this blow to blah blah blah because of Trump's election. So he's in some sort of take space healing thingy for crazy people, lots of puppies and coloring books, and an actual human being in my real life said and they said it like it made sense that a friend of theirs had had their phone on notifications only since the election, but because they just couldn't take any calls or texts. Wow, wow, I pity you. Yeah, you know you're right. Instead of calling people crazy, I should I should embrace the fact that you just believed the media that you take in and if you believe it. If the media you believe in, you know, is saying this stuff, you should be very upset because they're saying some crazy, crazy ass.
Speaker 4: But it's it's a Venn diagram. You got crazy over here, you got believed the hype over here. You got a fair amount of overlap, but not you know, that's not all craziness.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Alec Baldwin, who's now in another country, gave some big speech about how stupid the Electric electorate is. Whatever. Cut the crap, Cut the crap, Cut the crap. T shirts available at armstrong in getty dot com with a special twenty percent off for Cyber Monday. Just to check out you use the code. Cut the crap, cut the crap. That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and perhaps you'd like to pick up a hot Dogs Are Dogs t shirt in honor of the Colorado Buffalo's. I think who beat the mixed San Jose State team that has both boys and girls?
Speaker 1: So I followed this. I was on a plane, but I was getting updates. San Jose State women's volleyball lost in the finals. So they got to the finals because of a boycott one team that wasn't going to play against a dude, but they made the finals lost and the team that one though the star player and the other players kneeled at the national anthem.
Speaker 4: So hard to find a team to root for in that one. I had such a great joke ready to go too, but you ruined it with that.
Speaker 1: Just gonna say, I would say San Jose State's loss was a real kick in the balls, besmirching the name of women's college volleyball, which you hate to see done. Come on, Colorado, you're all chicks, but you're woke. Come on, Armstrong and Getty