Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Rachel Evans with Stephen Carroll, and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News at at Louise Moon.
Speaker 4: Louis, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Trainline, which is among a group of companies being investigated for so called drip pricing.
Speaker 4: Tell us more. Yeah, so the competition's watchdog.
Speaker 1: This morning's open investigation into train Line, and then also Virgin Atlantic and Red Driving School, which I recognize the name from seeing their cars driving around.
Speaker 4: As you say, that's over drip pricing.
Speaker 1: So essentially what that is is misleading upfront costs. So if you're going on to train Line and booking a train, the price you first see not being the overall total costs, so there's added extras that come later. So they're under investigation. If they're found to have broken the law, then customers could get compensation from train Line shares fell seventeen percent this morning, so the most in five years on the back of this. This kind of comes after So the CMA, the competition's watchdog, has been given more enforcement powers last year and they're on a bit of a push to clamp down on kind of misleading practices. So in June they ordered stub pub to pay out nearly one point five million pounds in refunds and penalties. Also quite timely given Burnham's Andy Burnham Prime Minister's pledge of kind of everyday fixes against the cost of living.
Speaker 4: So train Line says it's working.
Speaker 1: Constructively, constructively with the CMA and saying it's you know, committed to full compliance. For analysts is saying that this news is quite surprising. So the Office of for Rail and Road, so another body did a similar review in twenty twenty three and they read some changes with train Lines, so that's already happened. So ALYS is saying it is surprising. And as I say, shares fell seventeen percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a pretty sharp dropper for that company. Let's go to Smith and Nephew.
Speaker 1: Next share is filing after the medical device maker and it's it's CFO is resigning. Yes, he's been in the position for about two years and he's leaving at the end of the month. He's going to take up an external position unspecified in America. He had already relocated their last September. It's Smith and Nephew's biggest markets. In that sense, it made sense. But he's relocated there only take up an external position. So they've named an internal interim CFO for the moment. But shares dropping almost four percent at one point this morning, and Liss is saying that the outgoing CFO has been pretty instrumental and improving margins in the business. He's a good communicator, he's well regarded, so therefore his departure will raise questions about the company's financial outlook. They already cut recently cut their for year sales guidance, so Alice saying, you know, this is going to raise eyebrows among investors. It's another negative and there's uncertainty as to whether it can fully turn itself around with him, So it depends also on who his success is.
Speaker 3: And another high profile that they're watching this time at Strauman. Shares in the Swiss firm have been dropping with the departure. Is apparently well.
Speaker 1: Liked CEO Yes, shares down as much as nine percents of the most in a year this morning, so CEO that is changing from September. He's been in the role since twenty twenty, so quite a long stint. As you say, he was well liked, and Analyss is saying this was quite a surprise, and again in a similar fashion to Smith and Nephew were out a bit of uncertainty. They also had first half earnings this morning which were quite strong, but this news is really overshadowing things and causing those shares.
Speaker 2: To drop in Swiss app the Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.