Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four.
Speaker 1: Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Comedo on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR.
Speaker 3: What's the saying Eron Torres? Can't we just let sleeping dogs lie? Is that the that the phrase? I believe that the old adage of what is done is done, let it be and move on. That is not happening with the dynasty that is the New England Patriots. Welcome in. It is a Wednesday. You've made it through half of the week. You got a few more days to go, but you're on the backside of it. So congratulations. Not only is Aeron Torres here with me, so is Jason Stewart, Ryan Smith and Moncy Belanos. In about twenty three minutes or so, ultimate fail in one of our favorite game shows. We're gonna bring it to you and break it down like only Cavino and Rich Wood. That's all coming up on a Wednesday here on Fox Sports Radio. As Robert Craft and Bill Belichick are at it again. Not only are the two sides apparently on opposite sides. The last time Aaron that I remember these two really going at it was privately over one Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo and who the sides wanted to keep, and ultimately Robert Craft says, we're keeping Tom Brady, So Jimmy Garoppolo, you're going to be sent to the San Francisco forty nine ers. There was no era A parents at that time for New England. So Robert Craft wins that one. Bill Belichick ends up leaving as the Patriots coach. We now know he's the head coach at North Carolina. But these two apparently have a different sort of view in their history of how things went down with the Patriots and really how things started with the New England Patriots.
Speaker 2: It is the story that just will not die. And I know this is going to be a theme over the next fifteen twenty minutes as we discussed this conversation. But I will say this is that the thing that I I guess annoying is the right way I find this story to be a little bit boring and annoying. Not that I don't think we should be talking about it. I'm the one that kind of mentioned it to you this morning. But the thing about the Patriots dynasty is it's over. Brady's gone, Belichick's gone, Gronk's gone, Edelman's gone, Bruski's gone, Rightbell was gone. I guess he's technically back. The only person that is still there from the glory days is Robert Kraft. But that era of Patriots football is over. And so no matter whose side you're on, Belichick, Brady Craft, Belichick had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: Belichick was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Your opinion isn't going to change because there is no new info.
Speaker 1: But we got two old guys.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that video of the two like CFL football players that haven't seen each other in years and they start fighting in the retirement home and they're like swinging their canes at each other.
Speaker 1: That's what this is.
Speaker 2: There's nothing that can change anyone's opinion on what happened with the Patriots, no matter how many times Robert Kraft talks about it, no matter how many times Bill Belichick responds. And that's the fascinating part to me is that on July sixteenth of twenty twenty five, what is this now? Five full years after Tom Brady left New England, Belichick released a statement in mid July to talk about it. It's just it's wild to me that these two guys care so much about this thing all these years later.
Speaker 3: Well that's because Robert Kraft was on the Dudes on Dudes podcast hosted by Gronk and Julian Edelman, and said, this is and this is Craft's revision is history. I'll give you a setup of how Bellich ended up responding. But what Kraft said was that in nineteen ninety nine, when he hired Bill Belichick, he was the one that took the biggest risk. He's, oh, we have the audio from it. Let's hear it. Let's yeah, better than me, let's hear from Robert Craft.
Speaker 4: I think getting Bill Belichick to come to the Patriots in nineteen ninety nine it was a big risk, and I got hammered in the Boston media. But I think he was with us for twenty four years and we did Okay.
Speaker 3: So Robert Kraft explaining his reasoning on how he was the risk taker that started the Patriots dynasty. There is no debating that the Patriots took a different turn with Robert Kraft as their owner. But what an interesting sort of I don't know, domino effect, because when Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Craft were together, they were winning Super Bowls, they were playing in Super Bowls. They were a perennial contender year in and year out, and the best dynasty dynasty that we've seen in National Football League history. So then Brady leaves and guess what, the Patriots are kind of mid before ultimately just falling flat. Then Belichick leaves and they've still been after another year with Jod Mayo as their head coach, completely flat. So now you've subtracted Belichick and the team took a downward spiral, and so now Robert Craft is the only one there. This is where I think Robert Kraft is. We'll get to Belichick's part. This is why I think Robert Craft is saying this number one, because he's the only one left. And so you think to yourself, well, then, okay, well Robert Craft had nothing to do with this. This is all Brady and Belichick. I also think Robert Craft wants to go into the Hall of Fame. Sure, and at some point he's been up for consideration as well. We've seen owners in there, and he probably wants to go in as morbid as this sounds, before he dies, well, wants that honor. So now, if no one's gonna toot your horn and tell you what you've done, why don't you do it?
Speaker 1: If you're Robert Craft.
Speaker 2: That's an important point because you know, the one guy that gets, at least in my opinion, maybe you disagree that gets. It's a question of Belichick, Brady, Brady Belichick, And depending on what point we had this conversation in the last twenty years, there's a different percentage for different guys. Right at certain points it was more Belichick, then it was more Brady than it was more Belichick than Brady leaves he wins the Super Bowl. Now I think most people would agree that it was more Belichick than Brady, or more Brady than Belichick. The guy that never gets talked about is Robert Craft. And you know, he was the only one there besides those two for all of that entire era. And I do think he deserves some credit, you know, kind of stayed out of the way. He probably deserves actually a lot of credit because he wasn't a helicopter owner, he wasn't, you know, Matt Ishbia or somebody demanding to be involved or wanting to be involved or being overly involved. You let the football people do the football stuff. You let the players play. But that's probably part of it too, is like he's probably like, hey, it wasn't just these two guys.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I have been involved from day one as well. So maybe that's why he wants to be involved, or he's tooting his own home.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he feels left out, yes, but Belichick, especially when the Apple TV documentary came out, felt that he was completely thrown under the bus by it. So Belichick couldn't say much to reporters throughout his career. Now is feeling like he has to defend his honor in response to what you just heard from from Robert Kraft. The funny thing is is on the craft side of things, like I truly don't know. And I was thinking back in time trying to think of different ownership groups that I felt were instrumental in them winning championships, and I can only think of the one that I thought was doctor Jerry Buss. Yes, fair in relation to to what the what the Lakers were, but it's also of doctor Jerry Buss providing an atmosphere and doing so in a spot to get the best players, to always get the superstar and then bring in other big names around him. Now, I don't remember anything in off hand in the National Football League Jerry Jones.
Speaker 2: We known say it's the exact opposite with Jerry Jones doesn't feel like he got enough credit.
Speaker 3: I think that the Steelers dynasty is wasn't wasn't Rooney based, even though it's always been Rooney ownership, Like there's it's it's a legacy, it's within the family, but we just rarely have owners getting credit for their championships and their titles. And for some reason, Robert Kraft wants that recognition.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, And and that is an interesting point of you know, I'm just trying to think, you're off the top of my head, you know, the other one, the Hunt family. It's not like the Hunt people were like, well, you know, you know, as good as good as Mahomes is, you know, who doesn't get enough credit for Clark Hunt. So I do think it's interesting by the way, Anthi Reid, Patrick Mahomes, Yeah, I know, they didn't really knew anything for thirty years before Reid got there. But don't forget about Clark Hunt. Let me let me tell you about him. No, what was I gonna say? But then the Belichick response as well, I don't know if we want to get into that elementary.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: So this was in a statement that Belichick responded to ESPN when asked about it, Belichick says that he was the one that basically took the big risk. Here's the statement. Quote, as they told Robert multiple times through the years, I took a big risk by taking the New England Patriots head coaching job. I already had an opportunity to be the head coach of the New York Jets, but the ownership situation was unstable. I had been warned by multiple previous Patriots coaches, as well as other members of the media and NFL or organizations, that the New England job was going to come with many internal obstacles. I made it clear that we would have to change the way the team was managed to regain the previously attained success. That part of the statement that Bill Belichick made about taking the job in New England.
Speaker 2: Can I say something that's the least controversial thing ever, is that they both took risks, and they are both partly responsible I wouldn't say equally responsible in the success of that dynasty. They did take risks, because what's the argument about Belichick? What has he won without Brady? I know, he made the playoffs with the Cleveland Browns, but wasn't the greatest coach that ever lived until he had Tom Brady. But he's also right and that he had another job with the New York Jets and actively chose to not take that job to come to.
Speaker 1: Be the new England Patriots head coach.
Speaker 2: So it's just, you know, I guess the thing I think it is interesting, how so I think both these guys, to your point, not only Robert Kraft, you know, being at the end of his life wanting to get into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but obviously Belichick, you know, in his what we assume final chapter at North Carolina kind of wanting to rewrite his history as well. I guess just the thing that I do keep coming back to is I just don't know that no matter what either of them says, it's going to change anyone's opinion. If you believe Brady was ninety five percent of the reason. There's nothing Belichick's gonna say, nothing, Kraft is gonna say If you think it's more fifty to fifty, that's fine. But I just I don't think there's anything that's gonna change anyone's opinion at this way.
Speaker 3: I have loved Bill Belichick talking about football. Yeah, I felt that when he did the NFL one hundred thing where I think he was nominated for an Emmy at that point, it was really really good. And I think that Bill Belichick loves to talk about football, and Bill Belichick can be a funny guy. Didn't he wear a Navy outfit like on at the Army Navy game when it was played at Foxborough? I think, or something where he dressed up in his old Navy gear too. Like there is a part of Belichick that is the guy that we don't know in the press that we saw for so many years. So there is a different sort of guy. I think lately with his relationship with Jordan Hudson, it's really altered people's thinking of who Belichick is. But I feel at heart Belichick is actually someone who just loves football and is kind of a funny guy. You just don't realize it. I think we all have those people in your lives. You're like, you know what, that person is very funny, very witty. We know that Belichick knows everything that there is about football, but you don't know that that personality. And I think that's there with Belichick. But again, like I said with the Apple TV thing, like I said with the argument of Brady, and it sure didn't help Belichick's argument. When Brady goes and wins the Super Bowl with Tampa Bay, no one's taking up for Bill Belichick. No one is going to bat for Bill Belichick, not even the guy that hired him in the late nineteen nineties. And now that guy is saying that he's the one that took the risk. The only reason that Bill Belichick ended up being on Robert Kraft's I guess short list in bringing him in was because of his experience it had with Bill Parcells when they were together or going to a Super Bowl in the mid nineteen nineties. So that's where I think it's unfair to Belichick to say. And Belichick did leave the Jets and how the Jets situation went down with Bill Parcells, that was all kind of a mess that Belichick was caught up in as well. But I just this revisionist history of looking back at who took the risk and who did this and who did that, It just it falls on a lot of deaf ears. That's why you think. I think that you're saying this is kind of a non story as well, because the Patriot's dynasty is what it is, and I don't know how many people care who takes credit for getting the things start at, whether it be Craft or Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a story that is very clearly, deeply personal to these two individuals.
Speaker 1: Is it a story to anybody?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen the Brady versus Bell check angle to it will be a sports talk debate that withstands the test of time, right, But this idea that Craft either didn't get enough credit or we're trying to diminish Belichick, it just feels extremely personal. It's why during the Tom Brady roast, everything flew up until it was time for Robert Craft and Bill Belichick to take a shot together. Think about all the things that they said about Tom Brady during that Tom Brady roast, including about his now ex wife, None of it seemed to none of it seemed to cross a line, and the only time that it got weird was when Belichick and Craft were asked to take a shot together. I'm just picturing it in my head right now as we speak, and so I just think that it is something that is very clearly, deeply personal to both of them.
Speaker 1: They do not like each other.
Speaker 2: I just think that while it's very interesting to them, it's two big names, it's one of the great runs in the history of sports that we've seen. I just don't know why we as consumers are supposed to care, because again, there's no new chapters to It'd be like me and you today, this would be like it'd be like Peyton Manning releasing a statement on why he doesn't get enough credit for his role in the Manning versus Brady.
Speaker 1: Rivalry.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, who cares, It's over, It's been over, and it's just I don't know. I just I understand why both guys are passionate about protecting their legacy. I just don't know why it was a lead story on ESPN today because I don't know why we as consumers are supposed to care, And I certainly don't think there's anything new to the story that should drag us back in.
Speaker 3: I think Belichick's speaking and saying what he's saying, especially after the sixty minutes debacle of what he's allowed to say, is interesting. I also, honestly just think it's really crappy of Robert Kraft to say something about Bill Belichick. What was more in the podcast was he said, I gave up a number one draft pick for a coach that had only won a little over forty percent of his games to get him out. It's a really crappy thing to do to say, especially because I think we all look back at the forty percent. We look at Bill Belichick's tenure in Cleveland as one of great success because he had the Browns as a playoff team and because the team ended up being then sold and or excuse me, moving should say like the tenure ended abruptly, but you can't say that he didn't have success there. So for him to go and use that against Bill Belichick again after knowing everything about him from their time together in New England, I just think it's a really crappy thing for Robert Kraft to do. And what makes it worse is that it sure seems that Robert Craft is trying to say that's stuff to prop himself up, So Belichick has nothing else but to do but to actually defend his name, because it sure doesn't seem like anybody is rushing to his defense, especially and this would tick me off as well if groc or Edelman aren't calling Craft out in terms of what he said. So now you have former players who are like it or not inadvertently brought into the mix, and all of a sudden they look like they side with Robert Kraft. So if you're Bill Belichick, like him or not, like it's a crappy spot to be him. And if nobody else is going to defend him, hemauls to defend himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm debating if I feel any different about Gronk and Edelman.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, they're not journalists.
Speaker 3: I think they're innocent like bystanders, but they get drawn into it because they Craft said it on their podcast and they didn't necessarily go up and at least I don't hear anyway request.
Speaker 1: To it, and I'm not.
Speaker 2: I understand why Belichick would be mad, but it doesn't make any of us think any different about Belichick right, Like, it's no different than when you know, Lebron does his podcast with Kadi and they're making fun of Jordan taking time off to play baseball. It's like, doesn't make me. They're allowed to have their opinions. It doesn't make me feel different about Jordan though, and it again, that was something that was kind of crappy to say about Jordan, But doesn't make me me as a consumer, feel different.
Speaker 3: You know, we just talked about Wyndham Clark a little while ago, and in what Wyndham Clark was doing at the Oakmont locker room, Oakmond didn't have to release a statement as this said. The US opening comes around in twenty thirty three is going far down the line. But they decided to take a stand because they felt that there was a wrong. That's kind of why I think Belichick. Belichick could have just let it go off to the ether and been like whatever, but they decided to take a stand, or he decided to take a stand to defend his own honor into what he did. And I just think that the four forty percent, you know, the forty percent win, you know, the Yeah, it's just kind of passing them. He's like but I think we did okay, and it tries to soften it, but it doesn't like I'd be ticked off too if I was Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've kind of talked me into this a little bit, because you know, we've I think, especially in our business, we're certainly not as high profile as Bill Belichick, but people say stuff about us all the time, and there's sometimes that I think we all decide to just say screw it.
Speaker 1: I don't need to respond.
Speaker 2: To everything, but there are certain things that are said by certain people that you're like, you know what, screw that guy, screw that girl, whatever. I'm not letting that person say anything without me getting my side of the story out and letting you know how I really feel about that person. So maybe I think you've actually talked me into it a little bit of why. Maybe the statement from Belichick made a little bit more sense.
Speaker 3: He's erin Torres. I'm dan by our final thing. Do you think Bill Belichick needs to prove anything at North Carolina?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: And I'll be very quick on this, and it relates to the Nick Sabin story from Greg McElroy earlier this week. I don't think Sabin's coming back but I think Sabin coming back would only hurt his legacy unless he leads another school to a national championship. But I don't think his legacy can get any higher. And I think Belichick's almost the opposite. I don't think people really have crazy high expectations for North Carolina. So like, if he goes seven and five and six and six and in two years, he's just like, I'm out. I don't think it changes how we feel about Bill Belichick the head coach. I do think it would change if he has a great deal of success, We're like, oh, he actually was pretty good, and to your point, it wasn't just a thing with Brady. And you know, he did lead the Browns to the playoffs, and he did have this great twenty year run with the Patriots, and he did lead Carolina to the n eleven in one season. Remember when that happened. So I actually think it's the opposite. I think a good season or a good run elevates his legacy. I don't think I think that anything short of something truly a debacle like one and eleven whatever, I don't unless that happens, I don't think it hurts his legacy.
Speaker 3: And they're not going to. I think that it could. I agree with you on building it up. I do think that it could hurt him in a way. I think almost North Carolina may have more of a risk in terms of the fallout. It hasn't been good, like the of what's going on in the headlines over these last couple of months, and and the girlfriend aspect of it, like it hasn't been this rosy relationship, and people are wondering, g'z you're gonna make it the June first. Well he did. He ended up making it that far as their head coach. But then you're wondering, all right, is this just a succession plan and so forth. But I think that there it may. I don't think it was a no brainer by any means, but I actually think that there could be fallout from hiring him, whereas I don't think that North Carolina thought there was when they brought him on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really quickly.
Speaker 2: On that point, I think it's an interesting one because with Belichick, you know you're gonna get kind of the snarky, mean spirited guy with the media that doesn't really give much access to anybody. But when he was with the Patriots, he's winning so much that it doesn't matter. If he doesn't win at that level, which I think most of us don't think he's going to, then you just kind of got an old, grumpy, mean guy as your head coach without any of the benefits of being maybe the greatest coach of all time.
Speaker 1: He's erin Torres. I'm Dan Byer.
Speaker 3: For over forty years, tirek has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free, backed by free road as a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tyreq dot com the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 5: Fox Sports Radio had the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Excivino and Rich here on Fox Sports Radio. He's erin Torres. I'm Dan Bayer. In for the guys who just wrapped up their great coverage they had at the All Star Game in Atlanta over the past few days as they were in for the Dan Patrick Show. You're listening to us right now, but did you know you can also see us. Be sure to check out the Fox Sports Radio YouTube channel. Just search Fox Sports Radio on YouTube and you'll see a whole bunch of video highlights for our shows. Be sure to subscribe so you always have instant access to our Fox Sports Radio videos on YouTube. I'm a big game show fan. I love game shows since I was a kid. I don't know if people truly think of Jeopardy as a game show. If it is, it's the highest level of it because I always felt growing up Jeopardy you just had to be smart, you had to be a really, really smart person. I know Jeopardy is a game show. The point I'm saying is I think growing up I had price is right that we all still love. Let's make a deal. There's those shows going on Jeopardy, quiz show. You gotta know your stuff. It's not just like you get randomly picked you can win ten thousand dollars. You gotta know your stuff. You gotta earn it. Jeopardy has changed throughout the years, and obviously Alex Trebek's passing ushered and Ken Jennings now as the new host, so there are things that are different. Gets taken a change. Jason Stewart is our executive producer. Aaron Taurres he is smitten by Jeopardy and you record every night and watched last night's episode as well.
Speaker 6: It's the one thing, and I know you guys can appreciate this. Everybody here, the one thing that you and your significant other can do. We walk off thirty minutes and we watch Jeopardy every night. She kicks my ass. She gets psych for every ten answers she gets right, I get one. And it's fine. That's great. And something happened last night that was just extra special for us in the sports industry, because we forget not everybody is as tapped into sports as we are.
Speaker 3: Let's hear what happened on last night's Jeopardy episode when it came to this category.
Speaker 7: Can we hit for the cycle for two hundred?
Speaker 8: As you might guess, this hit is the rarest one in the cycle. Ellie de la Cruz completed the feed with one June twenty third, twenty three, the home run No Scott A Carl the triple much rareer than the home run.
Speaker 3: Okay to you, Pete, Yeah sorry, Pete. We're gonna take it from here. I want to break this down Ryan. If you can get the if you can get the pause button, ready can you play Can you play that again?
Speaker 7: Can we hit for the cycle for two hundred?
Speaker 8: As you might guess, this hit is the rarest one in the cycle. Ellie de la Cruz completed the feed with one June twenty third.
Speaker 1: Okay, So can I ask really quick?
Speaker 2: Was a cycle like? Was the cycle in baseball the entire category? Or was this one question in cycle related?
Speaker 6: It was like a kind of like an MLB All Star kind of like category baseball cycles.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, okakay, And so basically single, double, triple, and home run weren't all of the answers. Obviously as you went along, they didn't know that this one was the answer that they needed. But I paused it at that point because this is my problem with Jeopardy right now. If you were maybe a Reds fan like you would you would be like, oh, I remember when you know Elie de la Cruz had that that triple and he got the cycle. The question is, I feel in the old days would have been it's the most difficult, you know piece to get in the cycle. It would have just that would have been the question. Now I feel that Jeopardy tries to lead you on and give you hints to dumb it down for the contestants, and to your point, as I told you this before, and you think it's for the listener of the viewer at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Jay Stu plays with his significant other. I like watching it and listen nobody nobody wants to feel too dumb where they're like, well, there's no reason for me to tune in because I can't get any of these questions right. I will say, though, to your point, I don't know if I've gotten smarter through the years. I don't think that's the answer, but it does feel like I'm getting more questions as time goes on. Jason Stewart, you kind of know what I'm talking about. What's your theory on this?
Speaker 3: Like these added little clues that I feel that they put into these questions or should I say answers.
Speaker 6: So this is how nerdy we are. On the weekends when there is not a new episode to watch, we watch Game Show Network prior episodes. So we've been watching a lot of the twenty twenty five years ago when Ken Jennings was actually a contestant stuff. And I think I noticed this. The questions back then, I don't think were harder, but they definitely weren't as complicated. So I think the questions back then were easier, And I really do think the questions now are harder and they need an explanation. Does that make sense? So cause I get a lot more correct answers from the shows from twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: I really I think that these answers are leading. I think they are leading you to a place. MANCEI are you a Jeopardy viewer.
Speaker 9: I am the person that Aaron said that doesn't watch because I feel stupid af watching that because I don't know a single answer, and even the sports ones, I'm like, I know it, but the wording.
Speaker 1: Is confusing me, and how do I do this?
Speaker 9: I hate Jeopardy, but I'll watch it.
Speaker 3: I think that there has been a quite a push in quite a turn. I felt that the reason you watched Jeopardy previously was because you were smart and Alex Trebek was the star. To Aaron's point, I think you when you're competing at home. I think that that is a big part of it. I also think that Jeopardy is turned into a game where the host is no longer the star. It's the actual contestant Jeopardy is better when Ken Jennings is there, or James Holtzauer or Amy Johnson or any of their other great champions that they had for on those long streaks, because that's when you gain momentum. I think they fell on to something with Ken Jennings, and then now all of a sudden, you got Tournament of Champions, you got Tournament a While, you got all these different games like that's it's now been so much more about the contestant and the people at home that I think that Aaron Torres is right. You think the questions are harder. I think that they're much easier than what they used.
Speaker 6: Let me give you an example, just a totally random example, and I'm probably getting the city wrong, but like they will start the question by saying she won her talent contest when she grew up in Flint, Michigan, and you're like, there's no way in hell I'm getting that, and then they'll add then she became the material girl, you know. So it's like it's impossible to get the first half and then they fill you into something easier. So I don't know if I'm making my point correct. They are harder questions that need filler, it seems nowadays when I look at both shows, the contrast.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get oh sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 5: No all.
Speaker 2: I was just saying we were talking about this a little bit before, but that's when I watched, Like with my wife. She gets She's like, how did you know that? And I think I don't know most of the answers. You need the context of you know, hey, you know this state capital that starts with Q is and I don't think there is one, but you get the point and then it's like, oh, well that eliminates it down to three, and then you just take a guess and if you're smart, you know, if you if.
Speaker 1: You get one three.
Speaker 3: Aaron used the letter E like in the pre shows you're kind of talking about this, so I like thought of a cute like a clue, like the category is E sports. And then what they will do is they would say like this NHL city had a great run of championships in the nineteen eighties, something to gush over, and then you'd be like ed, you know, like yeah, you know to Aaron's point, like okay, how many E cities are there in the NHL? And then all right, well then you and then my point is you add the gushing part. Sure, oh there's a hint of leading you to the to the other answer. I get Jason's part, but I don't think it's as simplistic as his material.
Speaker 1: Girl, clue, see what the problem is. We're all nerds.
Speaker 2: None of us are big enough as Jay Stu to go back and watch episodes from twenty five years ago to have the full context.
Speaker 3: So but we're we're we're sports nerds, and I always feel dumb when they Hadler They're like, let's do Shakespeare. That's when I leave, like, you know, he absolutely Shakespeare for two thousand. I don't even I pick up my phone like that's what I do at that point. My favorite one is, uh, Babylonia for eight hundred. Who knows anything about Babylonia?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: So here's the question though, as sports people, you'll see like the two thousand dollars sports question, and the answer would be like this Buffalo Bill's quarterback who just was on the fringe of a super Bowl And we're like, obviously, Patrick Mahomes. So for all these actual smart people are they are they sitting there like, well, duh, it's obviously Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think they are.
Speaker 3: I think there are. Obviously, obviously it was Macbeth a idiot. That's what makes the last part of this. Can you just play the rest of it just quickly, then we'll get to Manzi, who's been waiting patiently for giving us the update.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and play the clue over if if you want.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty three, Pete, what's the home run? No, scot he carl the triple, that's rare.
Speaker 3: That's Jason's favorite part is heat. The home run was wrong by the way he thought. He was like the home run like, yeah, suck it, suck it, but that wasn't And then the other two well radio silo.
Speaker 6: The essence of this is that it's a two hundred dollars question. It's in the first round. There's literally no risk to get in it wrong. So once home run's taken off the board, you only you're down to a multiple choice, which you know you never get multiple choice on Jeopardy, So click in and pick one of the other three. You probably know it's not a single. But I'm thinking these people are such nerds and don't know anything about sports. They don't even know what the others are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's what I thought. Grand Slam? What is Grand Slam?
Speaker 2: Well, did you guys saw the page Beckers Caitlyn Clark clue the other day where the answers page Beckers. They were like this women's basketball player and the first person who is Kaitlyn Clark?
Speaker 1: He's like, sorry, that's wrong?
Speaker 2: And then no one knew any other women's basketball player on the planet, So that's kind of incredible.
Speaker 3: What is sacrifice punt? What's hank, Aaron, that's oh man so good? I used to never mind who cares? We were at Town of Town. Let's got to Montzi giving us the latest. I can talk about game shows for days.
Speaker 5: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nationet Catch all of our shows at Fox Sportsradio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox sports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Give me an own red chere on Fox Sports Radio. He's Aaron Torres, I'm Dan Byer, Monzi Blanos, This yere Jason Stewart and Ryan Smith. As we wrap up the show, Glad to have you with us. Aaron and I will be back tomorrow as well, hanging out. Will also be in for the Doug Gottlieb Show, so looking forward to that. Open Championship first round will be wrapped up or nearly wrapped up when we hit the airways, so I'll have something to say about that. Yeah, whatever happens at a Royal Port rush. You heard the Jeopardy music. We're talking game shows because of this question that aired last night on Jeopardy.
Speaker 7: Can we hit for the cycle for two hundred?
Speaker 8: As you might guess, this hit is the rarest one in the cycle. Ellie de la Cruz completed the feed with one. June twenty third, twenty twenty three, Pete, what's the home run?
Speaker 1: No, Scott Karl got Pete's so cocky triple?
Speaker 3: Thank you seriously, Like, what's the home run? Give me the night four? No, it was wrong. He was about to be like, I'll take Circle of Life for four under whatever the category was just so so arrogant, and then I think the other players were scared off by his arrogance and didn't even want to take a chance at it because of how he looked foolish in that that's a two hundred question. So here's here's what I wanted to transition to with Wheel of Fortune. I think wheel of Fortune backed by Jeopardy when it's Jeopardy first, wheel of Fortune second is perfect because if you don't have a chance in Jeopardy, you got a real good chance at wheel of Fortune. Are you a wheel of Fortune?
Speaker 1: Moncey?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: I like you better?
Speaker 9: But I still suck at it. I'm still making up things that aren't on phone.
Speaker 3: Still, it brings more people into the game Shakespeare. Here we're talking letters and and with Wheel of Fortune you can even guess a letter. And when they get it wrong, if you say like guess and s and they go and then there's no end.
Speaker 1: You're like idiots, idiots.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, But I feel it's they work so well off each other. And I know they're not back to back in every single market across the country, but a lot of them they are. And in ours in Southern California, in Los Angeles, we have a Jeopardy followed by a Wheel of Fortune. And I feel like the first part of Jeopardy is okay, if you did have a chance there, just wait thirty minutes because you're gonna have a chance a wheel of fortune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm the opposite of you, guys, is I'm good at random trivia and I'm good at piecing the clues together of oh Flint, Michigan. Well, it's down to these four people. For some reason, I guess I'm just not a visual learner. I suck at Wheel of Fortune. It's like, oh yeah, I can't even analogize it here on air.
Speaker 3: But my favorite wheel of fortune, and I don't know if you're watching with significant others, is there are just other people in the room. When people are like blank, blank, the blank and blank, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all know the and.
Speaker 3: Like just because you said it out loud first doesn't give you DIBs on this puzzle that you like gave us the pathway to the answer, Like we know it's the or, and like we understand that that's one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the H in the middle kind of gives away that it's the in the three letter word, buddy.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's also the thing about will of fortune where you feel smarter because you solved it before they did.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's a chance for that, but but a lot.
Speaker 3: Of times they're just spinning for more money, so they knew the puzzle three letters ago when you didn't. But because they keep on spinning, you're like idiots. It's you know, it's like you know, for whom the bell tolls, it's right there.
Speaker 2: The opposite is true as well, is that you get annoyed when everybody knows what it is and there are still spins to be had to run up the score and run up your point total, your money total, and you end up being like, no, I'll solve it there, and you're like, just take the f dude, four hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: It's giraffe, Like, you know, it's giraffe. You can spend more money, yes, and you got two of them there. Oh, there's so much. There's so much with it. We can talk game shows more times we want as well. For erin Torres, Monzi, Belonials, Jason Stewart and Ryan Smith.
Speaker 1: I'm Dan Byer. This is Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Happy Wednesday,