Speaker 1: Cheers, sorry, cheers idologize for chin chin chin chin.
Speaker 2: That's what the Italians say, really yeah. Also apparently in Japanese it means tiny penis really, but I prefer the Italian.
Speaker 1: Well, in Italian it means cheers.
Speaker 2: Cheers, yeah, chinchin.
Speaker 1: What's your connection to Italian culture? Where you know that?
Speaker 2: Or zero?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: I love the way it sounds. Okay, chin chin chin chin, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Mark Reva, how do you how do you pronounce your last name?
Speaker 2: Again? You did it? You've knocked it out in the park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was telling you beforehand. I like was on like fifty different interviews with you trying to find one where the interviewer said your name, yeah, so that I could be prepared.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much everybody fucks it up. But it's Robbie you killed it? Is that French? Yeah? That's very French? Okay French? Do you go to Dual Citizen? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you go to France?
Speaker 2: Off? Yeah? I do? Now I go, you know, when I play shows, I generally go once a year on tour, but I used to go all the time when I was a kid. I'd go to the south of France. I had a pen palace all over there.
Speaker 1: And yeah, how often could do you write to your pen pal?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't write to him anymore, but we we do stay in touch. He's a good dude. He lives in Canada now, he's one of those like ex French transplants that lives in Canada. Now.
Speaker 1: Now, when you now, I assume your pen pal you just text him? Now? Yeah, but when you text him, do you write it like a letter?
Speaker 2: I write? I write a letter and then I take a picture of it and I send it to him on WhatsApp.
Speaker 1: That sounds efficient, It's it's not, It's.
Speaker 2: Not at all. I should probably just text the man, you know, Mark, what you been thinking about lately? Oh Jesus lyle Man, I gotta tell you, dude, please, I might need to call in. I've been very stressed, a lot of stress. I'm putting together this studio in Brooklyn that I'm doing this project in that I'm really really fucking pumped about. But what I didn't really take into account when I got this space was the fact that I would have to make decisions about every single part of it, you know what I mean? That, Like my idea was just like I had this idea and I was like, I'll get this studio and we'll do this fun thing in there. But then you start getting it together and you realize it was like a thousand tiny decisions that need to be made.
Speaker 1: You consider yourself a decisive man.
Speaker 2: That just just I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if you were doing a bit just now. I was like, are you with me or no, that's an organic bit. Okay, So no, I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not. There are things I feel strongly about. I'm opinionated. I was opinionating decisive. No, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm really trying to think about what the differences between opinionated and I feel like decisive is when you have the confidence to back up all of your opinion. Yet because opinions free opinions, you just have them right, they are in your brain.
Speaker 2: They don't necessarily like drive your life or the world in one direction or another. The thoughts are just thoughts, their thoughts. I have very clear, defined thoughts about things that I'm willing to change, of course, But but but you know, instinct wise, I have strong opinions. Decisions much more difficult for me.
Speaker 1: But there's a did you feel like a very small gap between the opinions and the decisions, especially when it comes to like design, like you obviously like, okay, if you have a lot of opinions, I assume you have a lot of opinions about that's what design of your place should look.
Speaker 2: That's very true. And I and and I make those decisions pretty quickly. So I don't know. Now I'm second guessing. Maybe I am.
Speaker 1: You're decisive about your own decisive. Holy we just started and we're already I therapy, get going.
Speaker 2: I need real therapy, I think, Yeah, I have a couple of times, a couple of times, and I would like to continue going. But I have I have yet to find a therapist who really who I jive with.
Speaker 1: You know, do you have anything you you might be looking for in particular, like when you think about someone who might be who might jive well with you?
Speaker 2: No, not, I mean it's more just like a It's like a feeling, isn't it. I would hope that like it's like I'm talking with this person and I feel like they genuinely, even if they don't understand that, they genuinely empathize and can have a back and forth with me in a way that feels natural. Sure, and that feels helpful, I suppose, and I just haven't found that. Of had a couple therapists, you know, for a couple.
Speaker 1: Of weeks, you say, oh right, we forgot to go live on Reddit. We're not ready, We're not I forgot to go.
Speaker 2: Live on Reddit.
Speaker 1: Everybody give us just a moment on Reddit. That's you and I were both we're we're children, and I read it.
Speaker 2: We both started doing our ship on. That's right. I owe my pretty much my entire career to read it.
Speaker 1: Dude, I owe my entire career.
Speaker 2: Like our videos are cringe, I owe my career. Do you read it? All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: We I think we're on.
Speaker 4: We're on?
Speaker 2: Is anything else wrong? Are we all?
Speaker 1: We're good?
Speaker 2: Oh man, we are up and running. We're up and running. Hello, Reddit? Read it?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 2: Have you streamed on? You? You stream on our pan?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I didn't even, to be honest with you, I didn't know it was still happening. I thought it was like a social experiment that they did.
Speaker 1: That's how it started. But it still it started as like, hey, we're going to do this for a month, and then I think they just kept it and really yeah, and my I, like I said, my whole thing is that's where I started streaming, and.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, you know that's awesome. Yeah. Our pan was awesome. I mean I remember it happened during the pandemic, didn't it when it I think when they started it when they started putting it up, and it was this thing where you would get on it and stream and all of the same was it was kind of like TikTok and that it would propel someone who is doing something like half interesting, from like five watchers to like fifty thousand yeah. Yeah, and it was just this insane audience that if you managed to get on while it was happening, while the feature was enabled, yeah, then you could really like you could get some massive viewers. Yeah. That was that was me.
Speaker 1: I went on right after like there would be a guy filming chickens yeah yeah, or something like something along those lines, and it'd be fifty thousand people watching this guy filming his chickens. Yeah, and I would I would take some of the chicken attention, siphon it off into what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Get the chickens over here, yeah, chicken people over there. Yeah yeah yeah That's that's what I did too. I what I rely on my on the people who watched me to sort of alert me to this kind of stuff. So I would get a couple of dms that were like, Mark Arpan is live right now, You've got to go on it. So I was like in the middle. I was like high and watching something like I gotta stop everything. I hook up my sound ship, I put my phone up here, and I get on our pan and I mean, yeah, it just like did incredible things for my viewership.
Speaker 1: So so, so you get high, you're a green guy.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit very much agree do you? Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you get high while you stream and while you like work and stuff?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you I get high occasionally while I stream. Okay, because there's something about that that vibe in my in my apartment. It helps you say it definitely can. Yes, yes, I think it does at shows. Never I made that mistake a couple of times early in my touring life. What did that feel like? Dude? It I played this show in Uh? Is it cool? If I put my get go foot whatever you then we.
Speaker 1: Look a little bit like a you can It's like a leap frog stand.
Speaker 2: That's I'm gonna I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get banned for this one, but you go ahead.
Speaker 2: Is that all right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Please please?
Speaker 2: That's good. That's where it feel. Yeah, I feel good. I feel good good. I'll tell you this show in Indianapolis I did. I think it was like maybe my first or second show touring show ever. So I just started touring. This was twenty eighteen, and and I get up on the stage and it's a really high energy room. People are squay. It's like a really good feeling in there, really enjoying myself. Halfway through the show, this guy in the front hands me a vape pen and I'm like, fuck, yeah, let's do you know. I take the va I take a little hit. And the thing about the vape pens is you never really know how tight or loose like the draw is gonna be. Yeah, And so I hit it and it was just this absurd hit, absurd hit. I'm just a cloud. And all of a sudden, I realize that I'm standing on a stage and there's hundreds of people expecting me to die some thing. Yes, and so my whole ship I'm just And it was like a basically a mini panic attack. I pulled through, I mean, finished the show, but it was horrible. It was just an awful thing.
Speaker 1: I feel like in order to do things like like what we're doing now and being on stage, like you, you have to not be thinking about the fact that you are being watched.
Speaker 2: True, that's a.
Speaker 1: Very like you know, the flow state, right, So you have to be like in the flow state. You can't be thinking too much. Mech That's why I don't get high when I do this, because if I did, I'd be like, oh God, there's how many other people.
Speaker 2: You got you start thinking about. But it's good when you're alone, Like when I'm on stream alone. I tend to find that if there's no one else in the room, it really does put me into an interesting place. I find I come up with cool stuff. But it just doesn't work when there's other people there and you and you're you're on the spot and you have to like do something creatively. At least for me. I think it works for a lot of other people. A lot of the other people are happy to get high and do shit, But I just can't reconcile it for some reason.
Speaker 1: You know, I've decided that this is the one stream where like I say, sometimes I just won't do anything. Sometimes I'll just sit in silence. I'll stare at the camera a little bit, if I if I, if I need to, Hey, you want to take some calls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. I'm very excited. I'm very excited to talk to people. It's been a while since I've talked to some lovely callers. Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, Sarah from New York, twenty two years old. How are you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm good. I just got some back from class.
Speaker 2: Guys doing doing very well, Sarah. It's lovely to hear your voice. How is class?
Speaker 5: It was long, but I'm glad it's over. We had a lecture.
Speaker 2: Anything interesting going on in that lecture.
Speaker 5: It was a lecture about structures and this guy named Felix Candela, who was a very famous Spanish designer who made these ultra thin shell structures in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Did you find that interesting?
Speaker 5: I did? I really did good. It had a lot to do with the project I'm working on for one of my other classes.
Speaker 1: Well, Sarah, it says here speaking of class, that you have a professor who you say, is constantly over sharing about other teachers and staff. There gossiping around. They're talking about who is sleeping with whom, and you find this to be wildly inapprogram Do you want to tell us more about this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So she's the professor that I'm doing this other project for, and it's a very small school, so word gets around and essentially when we kind of meet for class, we kind of start talking, and then she we break up into smaller groups and she visits each one of us individually. We kind of update her on our progress, and she always starts spinning wildly out of control, sharing about these professors, these other faculty members that I've had previously, and telling us about things that they were said, you know, in private, like just.
Speaker 2: Like is is I guess my question was go ahead, please, I didn't mean to interrupt you, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: My question would be in a professional relationship between a student and a professor where she has kind of complete control over my success in this course and my ability to move on with my education, Like what is the best way to kind of handle this situation? Whereas like I don't want to you know, ruin any opportunities that may you know, come from this in the future, whether it be a job or a teaching position, but like it's making me uncomfortable. Sometimes she's talking about her own trauma with the pandemic or her childhood.
Speaker 2: Like can I ask you, is is she an influential professor for you? In other words, you know, would she Are you worried that if if, if you were to sort of say anything about this or ruffle some feathers that you know that she would be able to impact your career in the future in some way.
Speaker 5: I would say. So, it's a small profession in the way that like a lot of these faculty members are practitioners in the field, and they speak to each other, you know, casually over drinks or so on, and that a small school like the school I go to very frequently, like students are obviously discussed over, like you know, drinks after after class that day with between the faculty. So it's concerning in the way that I don't want to like seem unrecepted.
Speaker 1: What what is what is the wildest thing that this teacher has told you?
Speaker 2: I'm dying to know.
Speaker 5: So I think she was a refugee from war in the Eastern Europe and a story she told me.
Speaker 1: That's a lot different from like thought I thought I was like gossip about like who's sleep.
Speaker 2: I don't know the story about being a refugee hole war story right right?
Speaker 5: No, it's like an insane like variety of things that she talks about. It feels as that she doesn't really have any personal friends to kind of like have it as an outlet, and she kind of dumps it on students, but like kind of like more of the saucy stuff is like I don't really feel comfortable discussing.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, have you told her that you don't feel comfortable discussing this stuff with her?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just afraid to. I guess what do.
Speaker 2: The other students think?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know how students kind of like joke on their own, like it's it's kind of like she's notorious for this, and like it's not. I'm not the only person that it's happened to, and so you kind of make jokes about it, like, oh, did you hear what she says this day or whatever?
Speaker 1: So do you feel like you're having more of a problem with it than they are?
Speaker 5: Can you repeat that?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you're having more of a problem with it than the other students are?
Speaker 2: It seems like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe maybe, maybe I think so.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's a tough predicament. You know, I don't know what I would do in that situation, because, like, you should not in an academic environment feel uncomfortable, particularly with someone who's like you're superior, who's supposed to be teaching you. That's not it. You should not feel that way in that kind of dynamic. That's not good. Yeah, at the same time, Okay, but but hold on though, because I don't think. No, here's what it is. I wouldn't give a shit about this person's ability to affect your career in the future. That is less. I just feel like that's less a concern than this person saying some really outrageous shit to their students that they really shouldn't be saying as a teacher, you know what I mean, Like that, that's that's an issue, and you could not only help solve that for yourself, but also for future classes. Like maybe she doesn't even know that what she's saying is true. She could be.
Speaker 1: Of the fact that she's making people uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, maybe she just needs to be educated school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I do just have to kind of bring it up to her and ask if she's aware.
Speaker 2: I think that's the way to go. It's like, you don't have to go through the whole school system and make a big fuss about it, but maybe personally to her, you never know. She might be I mean, she might be grateful. She might be like, man, I didn't know that I was over sharing or that making people uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: She might not even realize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sarah, I mean, what do you think you'll do moving forward?
Speaker 5: Well, I'll see her on Thursday, and I think, oh god, I mean, I guess I should just bring it up to her in a private and a casual method and ask if she needs maybe an outlet in a different manner.
Speaker 1: Maybe she needs approaching the situation with some genuine kindness.
Speaker 2: I like this, I like one hundred. I think that's the way to go. And also I would try and remember that this is not you know, I know it's going to be nerve wracking to approach her. Obviously that's a weird thing. It's a weird situation. But I would try and remember that it's not that big a deal. It's someone leveling with someone else. Student teacher, employee. But whatever, you're just saying, Hey, this is a little weird for me human to human. You know, I just want to let you know. And it's you know, I wouldn't. It's not that big a deal. You know, she needs to know, she needs to know, Sarah.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to me, Mark or the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: Not really. Thank you guys so much, and I hope you have a wonderful night.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for calling Sarah. Thanks Sarah, good night, night night. Don't you dare let the bed bugs bite?
Speaker 1: Okay, see, maybe this is just me, but if and to each their own.
Speaker 2: Everyone has their own level of comfortable with other stuff.
Speaker 1: But like I and maybe this is just my nature of what I do here, but I'm always honored when people open up to me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh I thought you were gonna say about bed bugs.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I don't. I don't think I have anything at all to say about bed buddy.
Speaker 2: Well fuck them, really fuck them, don't let them bite pretty much. But when people open up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel I don't know, I'm just like, it's a weird experience.
Speaker 2: I agree, I feel like an obligation to really listen and support and try and work through it in whatever stupid way we can. You know, it's it feels I feel immediately like there's like a some sort of uh burden is the wrong words. It's like obligation. It's still the duty duty, dude, there's a duty bestowed on us this second someone opens up.
Speaker 1: Like that, right right, or you feel like you have to be and and you know, Sarah, I have a lot of respect for her because she clearly has high moral standards, because a lot of people, probably me included, would also be like, damn, what's the tea? I know, I'm just like I would be like sitting there, like, please tell me more about which professor is sleeping with her, just for like, but she she would rather hear about the Spanish architect. That's what she paid to go to school to hear about. So I respect her.
Speaker 2: For student self respect. Yeah, not something I know anything about. Were you what was your God? I dropped out. I went to college for acting for a year and I dropped out. Okay, that was it. How was the year?
Speaker 1: Did you learn anything that you currently use in your regular life?
Speaker 2: Well? Uh, you know, no, no, but I did. I did make some of my best friends there. That's definitely a big takeaway. That's helpful. Are you in any debt? No, I paid it all off. Well, my parents paid off like half of it, and then I paid off the rest. And I should reimburse my mom for that, now, you know what I mean. Wouldn't that be nice? A nice little Christmas present?
Speaker 1: It's nice to think about things, are you Are you actually gonna do it?
Speaker 2: I certainly could.
Speaker 1: I like thinking about like nice things that.
Speaker 2: The yeah do, but never never did because because the.
Speaker 1: Good feeling, because you know how like you do something nice and you can do that feeling. You can just get that feeling by just saying that you're just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: You know. I should Uh, yeah, I should really donate to unis stuff. Yeah, that'd be nice. Anyway, I need whiskey.
Speaker 1: No, let's see what's going on in the queue here.
Speaker 2: Bethany from Ohio. Bethany from Ohio. Yeah, what's up? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hill to hear Bethany from Ohio.
Speaker 2: I've never been able to hear you better, Bethany. It's true.
Speaker 1: Being connected together on the phone has increased our ability to hear one another more than before.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is more of a human interaction than I have with most people.
Speaker 1: Bethany, Uh, Bethany, Can I read here? What it says on the computer? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Says here that you've been doing tarot readings as a job for five years, but your boyfriend slash baby daddy is not supportive of you. Says he makes enough money to support both of you. Guys, but you want your own independence. Is accurate?
Speaker 6: Be me and my boyfriend about another like nine years and we have a child together. I've been interested in tara for five years and I want to because I'm my friends.
Speaker 4: I really think I'm good at it, and I.
Speaker 7: Really thoroughly enjoying it. It's like a lot.
Speaker 4: So it's something I really want to do. And my boyfriend's just really against it.
Speaker 8: He just doesn't like taro.
Speaker 7: He thinks that kind of stuff is silly.
Speaker 2: What doesn't he like about it? Has he expressed to you what he doesn't like?
Speaker 4: Oh, he just doesn't believe in it.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: You know. Here's my thing, and I get it. Here's here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Is like, Look, it's one thing if your boyfriend doesn't believe in it, But it's another thing if he because, like whatever, he can't force himself to believe in anything. But it's another thing if he's consistently going out of his way to be a dick about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you don't have to believe in it, but he could still support yours what you believing in it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and not that I think.
Speaker 4: So it's like basically, do I make myself happy or do I make my boyfriend happy.
Speaker 8: And leave any other nine minutes?
Speaker 2: Like I said, is is that where it's at right now? Or I mean, are you between those two choices? Do you feel like it's it's teeter tottering like that?
Speaker 4: Well, well, I'm gonna stay at home mom with our daughter with now, and I'm just very aware of how the prossed I can get. And I feel like I need some sort of career or I need something to make me feel happy outside of being a mom. And so I feel I need something. And this is something I really love, you know, and I wanted to give it to like sewing and clothes making.
Speaker 7: But that's really hard with Tapper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like learning that stuff and doing that Taro. I already know it, Like I can do that with her around like it's something that's like really easy to do, and that's something I love.
Speaker 2: I think not only do you need something like that, you deserve something like that. Everyone should have something in their life, you know, outside of whatever their familial responsibilities or their home life that brings them joy, brings them pleasure. If Tarot is that for you, you should absolutely pursue it, regardless of what this joker thinks about it. Excuse my language, but you know, come on, is he well? Can I ask Bethany real quick? Can I ask? Can I ask my friend behind?
Speaker 1: Is that Bethany? When when your boyfriend is when you say he's not supportive of you, what kind of like language is he using?
Speaker 2: Is he is he like telling you to stop?
Speaker 1: Is he like saying, hey, cut that shit out because you got to take care of our kid? Like how is he approaching? Because, like I said, it's one thing if he doesn't believe in it, like you know whatever, But it's a totally other thing if he's like trying to get you to stop or or or control what you're doing.
Speaker 7: Right, like like he doesn't want me, Like so I'm going to make.
Speaker 4: Money from this and you can make like thirty dollars for fifteen minutes or fifty for thirty minutes, Like you can really set the price at whatever you want. I'm not trying to like, he says, it's like ripping people off. I'm like, I'm the type of person that if you like call me with Tara reading like, I'm not going to try to put you off. I'm going to try to hell be like similar to what you do. But like with Taro, and it's like he just I'm sorry, I'm getting lost in my.
Speaker 9: Words on harvest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I just feel like he doesn't.
Speaker 4: I feel like he's like doesn't want me to talk about it around him. He doesn't want me to do it around him. Like, if I do it, he tells me that, like that's not important to be doing that.
Speaker 2: Man, that's some shitty belittling energy right there. That's some I don't like that. I just don't like that. I don't like that, dude. It's something, it doesn't matter what it is. It could be Taro, it could be astrophysics. It's making you happy and it's something you want to pursue.
Speaker 4: And he's I know it doesn't seem real.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, but that's not even. The point is that if he loves you and he cares about your happiness and this is one of the things that brings you that happiness, he should be supportive of that. He shouldn't be belittling it or telling you that it's stupid. That's just really not a nice thing to do to someone.
Speaker 1: See, if you really love someone, you will just really, like I feel, you can just feel really deeply in your heart that their hobby is stupid, but then never but never let it leave the heart.
Speaker 2: It's it just is a it's like a kindness thing, dude, and it's like a love thing. Like he I just feel like it's you should not feel small for doing something that brings you joy. You should feel good about that. And the fact that he doesn't, that he's like actively working against that is just kind of sucks. And I'm sorry that you're that you're dealing with that. That's that's a poopy thing, you know what I mean. We don't want a poopy thing here. I don't know, I don't know, I don't have an answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just you know, relationship stuff is always hard because I'm never gonna tell anybody, Uh, you know what to do with the big decisions. But I I think Mark and I both agree this is not cool behavior.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, you should be empowered to do whatever the fuck it is that you want to do and not be following the whim of you know this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I I just you know, it's it's a tough thing to reconcile. It's like, you know, I don't know, I don't know, I I don't really I hesitate to give you any sort of thoughts beyond that, because then it feels like I'm trying to give you like advice, which I'm not qualified to give. I feel like it's just I just want you to know that I don't like the way that that makes me feel, and I'm sure you don't like the way that it makes you feel either.
Speaker 1: How do you What do you think about everything that that we've been saying, Bethany, I.
Speaker 4: Just like, really like what to do from here? Like I'm not gonna I don't want to break up with him, like that's not I.
Speaker 7: Just want to be able to be happy.
Speaker 1: Have you I'll say this much.
Speaker 2: Have you told.
Speaker 1: Him directly how it makes you feel when he talks to you like this.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, like he It's just it's like basically so like he knows.
Speaker 10: So it's basically like.
Speaker 4: I could go ahead and do what I need to do and like do what I want to do, but like it's going to be understood that I'm not going to get support from him and he's going to be upset about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's like, yeah, go ahead, stupid ship.
Speaker 7: Like I can do it, but he's going to be an asshole like any time to bring it up, Like like if I'm like, hey, have you watched the beat like for a second so I can like do this, He's not probably going to be supportive of it. So it's like it's recently just like picking myself a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I mean I I would be like, yo, this is this is serious, even though you think it's a joke or stupid. The way you know, I like Taro. I like doing it. It makes me feel good, and I really need you to like not treat it as though it's stupid just for me, you know, because yeah he should. You got you really got to tell him. If he's not willing to do that, then I think that speaks to something pretty fundamental that might need some some work. You know, I don't know, but but should meet you there.
Speaker 1: He should be you know, Bethany, Like you know, I I hope, I hope by the end of the day you do whatever is best for your own personal likewise personal happiness and like like we said, all right, we're not gonna tell you what to do, but I just hope. I I just hope you think really hard about what will make you happy and really consider all your different options. You deserve it, and I just you deserve it, and I hope you pick the right one.
Speaker 8: Definitely.
Speaker 4: And I really really appreciate your time and your niceness and honesty.
Speaker 1: Thank you, of course, Bethany. You have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 2: Have a lovely night, Bethany.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, fuck god, damn we are.
Speaker 1: It's really hard. It's super hard because.
Speaker 2: Like I love this listen, I'm at home right, good good, it's dude ship Like that is so hard because obviously everybody listening and everybody in the chat wants to tell this person fucking break up with your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: And I want to I want to tell fucking breakup with it. But it's like, but I but deep in my heart, I'm like, I'm like echo guy.
Speaker 2: And then I've known this person for ten minutes and they tell me what it is is. You know. It's so much more subtle than that. It's like, it's not the like as a comment, you could be like, fuck that dude, get the fuck out right. But then it's like, but I can't just beg and fuck that dude.
Speaker 1: Get make a major I can't just be like, make a major life decision, all right, I gotta keep going with my street.
Speaker 2: It's so much more subtle. This is life we're talking about. She lives with this dude. She probably loves him very much. They have a whole thing together. They've had a whole thing that for years. Probably.
Speaker 1: I feel so bad for her, And I feel bad for anybody who's like, and do we get we get calls like this all the time. Like I see people just in real life, like this other time, who like they're in some kind of relationship that's like defining them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 1: It's it's so painful to see.
Speaker 2: That is tough, man. It's tough because you know, and that's why it's another reason why I hesitated to give, to give like concrete advice to hers, because I have not been in a serious relationship and almost ten years now. Yeah really yeah, yoh hey, by the way, chim Chin forgot about that to that my dud life is easier this way. I'll tell you guys that right now. But at the same time, a relationship can bring you an enormous amount of support and joy and comfort and and and love, stuff that obviously everyone needs and wants, you know. And so I would never judge someone for being in a relationship, even if it's even if it's one that is going through something, you know, if they're going through something difficult. I just maybe this is a rough patch, maybe it can be worked out, Maybe there's a way to work through it. That's why you always try that before just saying fuck this piece of shit. That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why we were trying to be like, Okay, have you like expressed to him all your feelings? And then she said yes, I did, and I didn't like that I did, And he was like, She's like, she didn't just say yeah.
Speaker 2: She was like oh yeah, She's like, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Feel I feel bad for I really hope, I wish I could like send her some sort of energy blast of whatever awareness or confidence to make the the right decision.
Speaker 2: It sounds like if the dude isn't going to give her that, it's such a simple thing to be like, yeah, man, do your thing, love, I love you for that. What do you think? Real quick?
Speaker 1: I think this is the thing I think about a lot on this stream, like.
Speaker 2: What do you should? I try to be like pretty neutron.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes I do, like tell people to do unconsciously, and I forget about it. Lately, I've been having it more in my head, like don't tell people what to do, just talk through it, huh.
Speaker 2: But sometimes I'm like, should I tell people what shouldn't? Should we have? Did we have some sort of duty to be? Like break up with your boyfriend?
Speaker 1: But then I also weigh that against the whole thing like that we were just talking about it, Like right, she's living with this fucking it's so much easier said than done. We're doing a little I mean twitch stream thing. I'm just gonna drop a fucking life decision on her.
Speaker 2: Out right, well, I I mean, I don't know, man, It's it's possible that both are true. That like it depends on the severity of the thing. You know, it sounds like this is not like well, I mean, it's certainly a kind of abuse. It's a kind of abuse. It's a kind of like psychological abuse of like what you're doing is small and stupid and I don't respect it. And if you need time away to do that thing, I'm gonna make a stink about it, and I'm gonna make you feel small. And that's shitty, that's shitty behavior. It's my instinct is to say, get rid of that piece of shit. But at the same time.
Speaker 1: We don't. We don't have all the context context.
Speaker 2: I don't know both are true. Maybe we're right.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's a guy here who drinks milk too much.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe, maybe maybe we'll just do that one. Well, yeah, let's get milk guy, milk man. Hello, Riley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how are you, Riley? I'm good, Riley. It says here that you're twenty one years old and that you consume a lot of milk, like five cartons of milk for lunch AM and PM. How first of all, how big are these cartons?
Speaker 11: I mean, it's just like the carton of milk that you would get like in high school, but like I'm in college now and there's like a buffet and like I put that shit in my pocket and walk away with it.
Speaker 2: Are these Is it like a pint you're talking about? No, you're talking about the little like the box cartons that like they look like an old school carton of milk, but they're like small sort of cubes. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 9: Right right, right right.
Speaker 2: And so okay, and so tell us your diet. Tell us throughout any given day, like today, what was your milk diet?
Speaker 11: I mean like well, like today was like I didn't have schools, Like I like splurged a little bit and got like a quart of chocolate milk on top of like the normal amount of milk that I drink.
Speaker 2: It was more than more than usual when you're not in school.
Speaker 1: So just the how much of the milk is chocolate? That's what I was kind of because because I didn't, I didn't. I feel like the type of milk is a factor here.
Speaker 11: Right, well, like chocolate milk, like usually it's just like two percent milk, but like on on, like I don't know. Sometimes when I'm just like feeling the mood, I like splurge and get some chocolate milk. So like today, it's not very often. It's like probably like once the week, prick chocolate.
Speaker 2: Dude feels pretty often.
Speaker 1: What's what's your what's your thing on strawberry milk? Oh?
Speaker 2: Nah nah, man, you can't catch fu fuck strawberry milk.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't funk with strawberry milk at all. I don't know who's out there drinking.
Speaker 2: It dirty garbage as far as.
Speaker 1: All right, so tell us all right, So so let's see Mark asked you what your diet was like, and were you asking him his milk diet or just his overall like what's because I'm also a little bit curious what's.
Speaker 2: Going on around the milk. Yeah, that's true. And and and also do you consider it to be like has it caused any sort of physical issues? Yeah? So you know that's a lot of milk to be putting in a one body, right.
Speaker 11: Well, Like I usually like plan out with specifically the cartons, Like it's like a buffet that I go to and on campus, and like I get food and then I drink three cartons of milk with that, and then when I go back for dessert, I grab two other cartons of milk and drink it with the dessert.
Speaker 2: What does it do to you? What's the feeling?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 11: Man, I mean it's not good. Like when I was like in like kindergartener first grade, I was told I was lactose sensitive, and like, if I were to continue, like I'll be lactose intolerant, and like I shiit a lot, so like I'm worried I might actually be lactose intolerant.
Speaker 1: So like I don't know, Jesus, have you been to a doctor about this?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the yeah, and see what.
Speaker 11: It's from there, But like it's so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, but so okay, explain to us the talk us through the it's so good thing, you know what I mean? What to talk us through the sweet process of ingesting milk for you? Tell us about that?
Speaker 11: Well, I like my friends made me because like I have like milk theory. I have a theory that men enjoy milk more than women because like I like my my female friends like get mad at me when I drink milk for like anything.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, suckling from mother's teeth. Perhaps that could be right.
Speaker 11: Right, Like I don't I don't want to dip into like Freud, but like he may have been onto something.
Speaker 1: You know, Riley, what is your relationship like with your mother? Oh?
Speaker 2: Great, it's good, it's healthy. You love each other.
Speaker 1: Did you did you breastfeed a lot as a child.
Speaker 11: I've been told I was breastfed, but I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't think I was obviously consuming the amounts that I am today.
Speaker 2: Can I just say you didn't answer the question about medical issues as a result of the milk? Have you has anything happened? I mean, do you is it? What? What is there any cause for concern here? Is it just a personal concern that you're drinking too much milk?
Speaker 11: I think it's like both. I think like people like my friends think it's like a moral concern physically, like I just get like really bad cramps and like have to go to the bathroom a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh did you say moral concern the cow thing? Right?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask what's the moral or what's the moral concern? Like like it's bad for the for the animals, That's what I would guess.
Speaker 11: Well, like I don't, I don't know that they're like just like really concerned about like like I'm interested in, like I kind of want to drink like exotic milks. Like I went on a on a on a ramp one night about like the benefits of drinking water buffalo milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you want you want to give us the the the thesis of the ramps, give us the skinny on that.
Speaker 11: I mean, Like, so I looked into it and like, water buffalo buff water buffalo milk is like the best milk that you can drink like nutrition wise.
Speaker 1: Ah, this is about to turn into the Joe Rogan experience.
Speaker 2: Have you sampled it?
Speaker 11: No? I looked into it in like the nearest place that you can get water buffalo milk in the United States, it's Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 11: Now what is it about two day shipping?
Speaker 1: What is it about water buffalo milk that is so nutritious from what you've from what you've researched.
Speaker 11: I don't really remember like the details.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 11: I think it's like a little thinner than like normal milk, So I mean it goes down a little easier.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So water buffalo milk, And what are there any other types of exotic milks that you are passionate about that we should know about rest.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, I've heard uh, goat milk is the closest to breast milk, And I really don't want to try that.
Speaker 2: You don't you you don't like the thought of trying human breast milk. Nah. Okay, So it's not about that. It's not like a fetish thing. It's just a now okay. But here's where I'm a little bit confused. Is that you say that it makes you feel it makes your stomach feel weird, and it makes you shit a lot. So then where is the pleasure part of this? Or is it a masochistic exercise? Is it a self harm thing? You know what I mean? Where where's the pleasure in it for you? That's a good question.
Speaker 11: I don't know. It's just like I don't I don't drink like pop or like coffee or anything like that. I strictly drink like water and milk, And like, if I'm not feeling water, then I just go to milk. So maybe it's just like my drink palate isn't really like, uh, I don't. I don't have like a huge drink palate, And maybe that's it. But like, I don't know, It's like some day that just feels really good to wash down some food with two percent milk.
Speaker 1: But I mean this, we both we all know this is not a sustainable practice. Eventually your body is going to react.
Speaker 2: Violently, if not already doing so.
Speaker 1: Do you have any plans to do wean off of milk, because you're you're only heading towards greater hell.
Speaker 11: Uh, you know, I was hoping maybe like maybe getting water, buffalo milk. I'll drink it and I don't like it, and maybe that'll make me like be like, oh I don't want milk.
Speaker 1: No, you just have to feed your curiosity.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, right, Yeah, you know, I'm just it's I don't I'm trusting what a pleasure part is. It's not obviously there's pleasure in washing down. So I love washing down a nice cookie, a fine chocolate cookie with a little bit of two percent milk. I agree, there's nothing wrong with that, with that at all, But all day, you know, it just feels like a bizarre It's not just an alternative to water. I think for you, it's it feels like it's it's more of an obsession. It's a little bit more of sort of a comfort yeah, I don't know, but it sounds like you're totally fine with it and that it's not presenting any serious medical problems. So I don't really know if asking you to stop is I don't think it really matters.
Speaker 1: You know, it sounds like it sounds to me like you're gonna push it until until you can't anymore. Riley.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 11: I think that's what a lot of my friends think. My friend actually wanted me to call in about this situation, hoping that maybe a get go on the computer would get through to me. But like, after talking to you, like, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's interesting. Stop drinking the fucking milk.
Speaker 1: I second that if that's your your friends sound like they were about to host some sort of intervention for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Riley, damn Riley, you there listening? Yeah, stop drinking so much goddamn milk. Okay, cut it out. It's bizarre. It's a bizarre habit. I think you can drink a healthy amount, but it sounds like it's a little out of control and you should maybe try and replace some of the milk. I don't know, water, you know, goji berry, I don't know. Whatever why I would. I I would be more concerned.
Speaker 1: I'm more concerned about the milk than if he was, like, I'm drinking like two cans of Coca.
Speaker 2: Day or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's even though the coke's probably worse. I feel like the mill crew the milk.
Speaker 2: Is is is. It's just bizarre.
Speaker 1: But listen, Riley, thank you very much for calling and sharing. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors. Is there anything else that you want to say to two geckos or to the rest of the computer before we go?
Speaker 11: Uh yeah, thank you for the intervention. I'm just gonna let my friends know online. I will try to be better about my milk consumption.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're rooting for you.
Speaker 2: That's the spirit you got this, my man. Take care.
Speaker 1: See if you're calling in about a toxic relationship. No direct advice, but milk, milk, milk. We will tell you. What's what?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're coming. We're coming for you. You know what.
Speaker 1: That conversation brought up something that I never thought about before in my life.
Speaker 2: Can you buy human breast milk?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, they're well, actually, you know, I don't know if it was a like an art project or something. But there was this site where you could buy like aristocratic, like white women's breast milk. Really yeah, and and it was like a fetish thing. But I don't know if it exists anymore, and maybe some people in the chat know what I'm talking about, but it was, Yeah, it was like it was just a bizarre and I think it is a thing. It is a thing.
Speaker 1: It has to because there's no way they could make that illegal. Because if you're, you know, an adult woman and you make the conscious decision to sell your breast.
Speaker 2: Milk, right be allowed to.
Speaker 1: And then if you're an adult, if you're a person you want to buy breast mokey, you.
Speaker 2: Should be allowed to. Is it weird? It is? Has it?
Speaker 1: There has to have been at least one person, one startup somewhere that tried to get a brand, like a legitimate brand.
Speaker 2: Going what I'm talking about, to go into grocery stores.
Speaker 1: Oh god, happened at some point, whole foods.
Speaker 2: It's about a as whole as it gets a whole two percent. It's not two percent, it's one hundred percent mother's milk. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Someone said Mark I had a flamingo themed birthday party in your honor?
Speaker 2: Is there a do you have a Flamingo thing? I have? I made up a flamingo song at at one of my drive in shows during the pandemic in twenty twenty, and uh it it it made the rounds, I guess, and yeah, flamingo. It was just about a flamingo that like kills people and eats your your children and your grandmother's eats your grandmother's pussy. You did you did? You did the drive in shows? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard of the drive with comedy. I heard that the drive in shows they honk to laugh, Yes, now what do they do with music?
Speaker 2: We were the first ones on the road to do that and then we got it well, I mean it wasn't my idea, it was my agent's idea, but they but yeah, they put me out on the road and it was like we did honking and we did you know, windshield wipers and shit and and yeah, basically just people just pulled up to a parking lot and I was in the back with like a green screen and cameras and then they projected the show onto the drive in theater screen and uh it was fun, I mean it was it was fun. It was a weird run of shows kind of cool to people, like participating in this weird part of history in that way. Yeah, dude, I mean it was Yeah, it was fun. People were I mean, there hadn't been shows in months at that point, and it was a nice way to connect with people in real life without like, you know, jeopardizing health too much.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a good thing that the pandemic is completely over.
Speaker 2: It's gone. It's done. I don't even know what that word means.
Speaker 1: And us that's it.
Speaker 2: It's been everyone and we have the world is one hundred percent back to normal. We did it. We won. We did it. Everybody. It's over.
Speaker 1: See what's going on in the queue here doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, it's I keep my sanity by thinking that because it's it's exhausting. It's just exhausting. We got anyone interesting.
Speaker 1: On the line, Yeah, tell me that. I'm looking around here.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Mm hmmm, Oh, just got a date with a girl hasn't dated since middle school. Talked to Jay Jay. Hi.
Speaker 1: Jay knew that we were gonna pick on him before he even what's up j doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Hey man, Jay, just coming right on with it with the intro coming right.
Speaker 1: In, JJ, what's what's what's crack of lacking with you?
Speaker 3: I mean sorry? It was a bit of delight and chilling watching the stream. I really thought that Riley guy was my own friend because he's obsessed with smoke.
Speaker 2: Jay.
Speaker 1: It says he you're twenty one years old, you just got a date with a girl, and you haven't been on a date since middle school, and you want to get some general date ideas. Is that when when you say date ideas, are you are you asking us about like date etiquette or like actual like ideas of things to do on a date.
Speaker 3: I guess a little bit of both, Like I kind of have an idea both her and I we go to our local arts school, so I was thinking, like, oh, we could go to a gallery. She can't eat pork, so I'm looking at restaurants that could accommodate for diet.
Speaker 2: Are you are you excited? Jay? Are you nervous? Are you excited? Tell us? How you tell us how you're feeling. Hold on a second, tell us about what's in your stomach? Are you excited? What's my Yeah? How are you feeling about it? You get nervous.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited. Ah, Like I haven't. I haven't dated since middle school, as you guys can tell. And I've been a very nervous person. I had a few bad like friendships, so it's made me very kind of like it is, I love like kind of opening myself.
Speaker 11: Up to people.
Speaker 3: But like she's been super nice. She's kind of just let me go off the walls talk about stuff I like. And I really like her.
Speaker 1: So I want I want to ask you, Uh, Jay, is there a reason in particular why you feel like you haven't been on a date since since middle school? Have you not been out there searching? Have you been focusing on other things? Has it just not lined up for you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What could you peg that too?
Speaker 3: It's a little it's kind of like I've been both very closed off and like I'm trans. So in the school I went to, it was very much so like small queer community there. It was kind of awkward. I just didn't really like not a lot of people seem to have showed interest in me. I didn't really show any interest in anyone there. I just kind of like kept my head down and just wanted to focus on school work.
Speaker 2: Really and yeah, man, it sounds like she digs you, and it sounds like you got this shit in the bag. It sounds like like I it's I love hearing you talk about how you're feeling about the date because it's really sweet and genuine and I just know it's going to be a great date. It doesn't matter what you guys do, Honestly, you do whatever the fuck you want. Go to a gallery, go to a little cafe. Don't overthink it, you know what I mean. It's you're gonna You're just it sounds that you already have a little connection, So just go to any place where that's allowed to flourish, where you can talk to each other. Yeah, and uh, and you're just gonna have the time of your goddamn life. Just don't go to a movie. Yeah, oh no, definitely don't do that. That's it's an attempting thing to do because you don't actually have to like interact with each other. But don't do that. Do something where you have to interact with each other and look at each other in the eyes, because that's some special shit.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 2: And I'm just very excited for you. You're gonna be're about to have a great day.
Speaker 1: It sounds like yeah, because you know, you asked us if we had date ideas, but then hot off the bat, you came. You came to us with the currently existing good date idea.
Speaker 2: Excellent, great idea. And I don't know if you were calling.
Speaker 1: Us for uh uh what's the word, uh, confirmation encouragement, encouragement on your currently existing plans. But but you you have our you have our validation, you have our validation on your currently resisting plans. If that's what you were what you were searching for.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: It sounds like the chemistry is there and as Mark said, uh, just finding a place for it to get a flourish Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I guess I really just wanted to know, like I haven't tried or dated in a very long time, Like I was worried, like oh am, I being a bit too like jumping in head first or something.
Speaker 2: Jump get your fuck on, jump on in there and get it done here.
Speaker 1: Here's another thing with the overthinking thing is like where you where You're like, oh am I being too much?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 2: Am I being too much? That even if.
Speaker 1: You are whatever you are, whatever you are being, that is you and it is not up to other people. I mean, look, some people are not going to fuck with you. Some people are not gonna fuck with your style. Some people are. Some people may think you are too much, some people may think you are too little. But it doesn't matter because you're not trying to mold your thing to be their thing. You're trying to see if this person jibes with your things. You don't even overthink about it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's a great point. Be yourself, be nervous, be excited. They are too, and you just had to know that you're you're You're both nervous and excited, and that's what makes a fun day. You know, before we go, where'd you meet this person?
Speaker 1: Jay?
Speaker 3: Where did we meet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Liked you had you find out about.
Speaker 3: If we actually share like a close friend with each other, which, like I feel like if we didn't even meet on tender we could have could have probably met at like one of our friends, like he does see indie movie showing things that we probably would.
Speaker 9: Have met there.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's date number two right in the bag. The let's go to our mutual friends indie movie night. Love it man, you got a cool life. I like, I like, I like what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Jay?
Speaker 1: I wish I could be you for like just one day.
Speaker 2: Oh oh.
Speaker 11: H.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer or to Uh, to two Geckos, to to Mark, to Lyle, to my father, or to Mark's father, or to any any any any anyone or anything.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, thank you so much, guys for talking to me and like letting me know that go for it. Uh to Gek's father, you raised the great echo.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jay.
Speaker 1: You have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 2: You two guys, night night. Don't let the bed bugs. But okay, so I can help it. When when's that?
Speaker 1: When's last time you went on a date?
Speaker 2: Oh? God, to two days ago? It was great, it was great, it was a blast. I enjoy dates. I go on quite that I feel I feel confident to talk about. I love dates. I love getting to know new people, finding out about them and their quirks and their little subtleties and fun shit and you know, just fun you get to you sort of get to find out just who a new person is and if it works, it works. If a doesn't, A doesn't, it's no no harm. Enough out either way. But yeah, I had a really good date a couple of days ago. So we've established we're both been perpetually single people. That's right.
Speaker 1: What And we can get as much into this or out of this as you as you want to get into my thing too?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: Why? Why do you think that is?
Speaker 1: Because you say you like going on dates, but but you've been single for ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think about that, and you know, it's an interesting I think it's an interesting thing to think about because we have this. I would say it's a traditional societal idea that perhaps has gone more and more out of style, maybe as the years have gone on, very recently, that you know, everyone needs to find their one person and they need to be so spectacular that it stops everything else and you are with that person for the rest of your days. And there is a very romantic notion around that, you know. I think it's I would like to find someone. I think eventually. I don't even know if that's my sort of childhood romanticism talking, but I think I would like to find someone permanently eventually. Maybe I don't even know if that's true, though I will say this, I find great joy fulfillment and satisfaction in getting to know different women with wonderful lives, varied experiences and takes and histories and and qualities, and I I know them for a little bit and sometimes I stay in touch with them and sometimes but I don't know if I don't know if I'm really looking if I really feel like I want anything beyond those sorts of burst relationships. They're like very quick relationships that are and I enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I feel like we had a similar thing. Really, Yeah, I identify with a lot of what you're saying right now.
Speaker 2: Interesting what is you tell me about your tim? I mean, very similar to what kind of what you're saying.
Speaker 1: But I always feel like I'm weird because like because because as you're taying, there's a societal thing of like you know, you're supposed to be with this, but like you're supposed to find one person and be with them. But I just all I hear like horror stories like like uh was the name of the girl that we were talking about, Bethany, Like I hear stuff like that, and I'm like, fuck, I don't want to be like, like, what's the.
Speaker 2: Thing where like you think someone is great.
Speaker 1: You enjoy their company, Yeah, you're you're attracted to them like things are, but you you just like want to live your own life and you want to respect them and their ability to live their own life as well. I mean, I like, what's what's what is that?
Speaker 2: There's got to be a word. There's probably a word in German for the Germans have a word for everything, probably a word for it. But yeah, that would be great. I mean, I would love to eventually end on some sort of thing like that, where I have someone who I consider a best friend, you know, one of my best friends, but the sex is also great and we love each other, you know, it's like sort of a I would love to find something like that. I haven't really found anything permanently like that, and it doesn't hurt me that I haven't either though. That's the thing. It's not like I don't feel like something's missing, but I I'm open to that happening in the future. But I don't feel like I'm on this quest to find that. What I've found is that some of the women who have been with who are also of the same mind as me, who enjoy sort of being with people in bursts. That's just sort of is right. That's the key.
Speaker 1: You got to find somebody who thinks about these things, say the similar way that you think about these things.
Speaker 2: So those people exist, they do exist. And also I will say that it's not everybody, Like there are people who I have heard because you know, their expectations were different than my expectations, and I've had to lay that out on the table. We've had to lay that out on the table. And I hope that I've left those situations amicably by being honest and communicative. But it's not for everybody. It's not for everybody. And I understand that you know.
Speaker 1: So, and you know you imationed about being on this quest, and like do we get calls about this all the time, Like anyone who's like on a who like is on a quest or like I'm looking for another person.
Speaker 2: I'm like, like, it's it's this.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is why I tell every single caller who's like, you know, hey, I can't find a girlfriend or boyfriend or whatever, it's like, well, then just you know, focus on your own thing and then people will come. But like when you chase finding the other half, like that's when your ship just gets fucked.
Speaker 2: Person yo, one of my one of my very best friends. I won't say her name out of just privacy, but she was dating a dude who maybe wasn't the best suited to her, but he gave her love and time and respect and that was great. But she was on this really transformative sort of journey of her own where she was really learning a lot about herself still is therapy, doing beautiful, like really like huge things for herself, figuring herself out. Had a lot of trauma in her past, dealing with it, working through it, becoming a better person for it. And this dude was not necessarily on that journey with her, and so at the end of the day, you know, it didn't work out because they ended up in different places. She was, you know, she had grown, he maybe had not so much, yea. And so it's just sort of this thing of like, yeah, I like to find people who are in a who are in a similar place that I am at that time. I like connecting with them. And then if we go our separate ways, great, I wish you the best. I love you, enjoy yourself, enjoy your life. If we stay in touch, great, I'd love to see you in the future. But it's I'm very loose with.
Speaker 3: It and.
Speaker 2: Appreciating the moment. Yeah, moments all we got. I'm a loose little slut of a boy. The moments all we got.
Speaker 1: Things ever, guaranteed tomorrow doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Live it up, baby, enjoy yourself. Do things that make you happy. How are you feeling, Mark, I'm feeling when when the jazz is on, I feel like I'm playing the Sims again. You know what I mean? Yeah, I think I'm just putting a little house together in two thousand and two. A here, I really have to pee? Oh you you go p here right now? Really? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I take peeper experience.
Speaker 2: You do you let me do that. You go up here, you go pee in them when you get back. Okay, that sounds good. All right, ready break, I'll see you guys soon. I'm gonna go pee. I'm gonna have a nice peepee. Needs to take a peepee? Oh leka, drain the lizard. As they say, I want to stretch. I'm gonna stretch real quick. Hey.
Speaker 1: Shout out to freaking Mark Mark Mark Mark uh Mark Mark R. For coming on the stream.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: He's been great. Love having him in here. I always love doing the guest shows man. There was a lot of fucking fun. What's his name? I think it's Mark Ratituy Mark Uh, Mark mcribb, Mark Uh.
Speaker 2: What's the state? Is there any?
Speaker 1: Are there any states that start with the letter R? Rhode Island. That's the only one, right. I can't think of another one that was a good call, Leo. I couldn't think of one that would have been here forever rexus RAR Kansas, Alabama, Ruth Routh, Dakota. That's how Scooby Doo says, South Dakota. Oh, this is this is, this is I got I gotta know what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Uh Helsey Kelsey, Hello Kelsey from Pennsylvania, twenty three years old.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 2: Mark? How are you? Yeah? I'm doing very well. I'm having a nice little evening. I'm enjoying myself. How are you well.
Speaker 1: I'm having a nice little evening and enjoying myself too. Yeah, I'm uh you know, I'm I'm having a fun time.
Speaker 2: It's fun. It's good to be alive for me. A little bit of that, oh please, of course hit me with a little bit of that, right, yes, yes, yes, quick quick, yeah, that's it. Yeah, anymore over you know, well, maybe just a taste, maybe a taste. That's perfect, that's it, beautiful chin chinchim my friend, Kelsey, are you still there?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 2: Kelsey? It says here.
Speaker 1: That you twenty three from Pennsylvanuary went over. That part says that your boy It says that your boyfriend left you for your grandpa, and that your boyfriend's twenty. It says your boyfriend's twenty five and your grandpa's seventy two.
Speaker 2: Yep, Kelsey, please God tell us the story.
Speaker 10: So my boyfriend was cheating on me for a while and wasn't home. Come to find out he was seeing my grandfather.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 10: And I think that's how I got chlamydia.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you got chlamydia from your own grandfather, I guess.
Speaker 2: So get.
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: Okay? Wait? Tell us how they give us the story of the meeting of the grandfather And did you sense any weird chemistry there?
Speaker 1: Tell us get please, there's so many details.
Speaker 2: That we are missing.
Speaker 6: How I found out.
Speaker 10: Was I got quamdia and I'm not cheating on my boyfriend. So I did some big deeping and he was been texting this person and seeing him, which was my grandfather.
Speaker 2: Wait, you saw texts?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 2: What did they say?
Speaker 10: And well one it was saved under his grandfather's name, so I thought nothing of it.
Speaker 1: Oh he saved the texts under his grandfather's name.
Speaker 2: Also, I would have thought something, Grandpa, Jimmy, oh my? Can you tell us what the text said?
Speaker 10: While it was about the nights they were having sleeping over having work late when it wasn't.
Speaker 9: Actually worse you know, Oh my god?
Speaker 10: And that Chelsea has lamydia?
Speaker 1: Cal Say, Kelsey, tell us, have you spoken to your grandfather about this?
Speaker 10: No, it's a whole family affair, honestly.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, so where is it at? What's the current status?
Speaker 8: I think they're still together.
Speaker 10: It happened like two months ago. What they're living it up over there?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 2: Are you not connected to the situation at all?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's your grandfather's family?
Speaker 10: First, they asked me if I wanted a relationship with them?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, way, what do you mean a relationship with them?
Speaker 10: Like a thropple?
Speaker 2: Are you hold on?
Speaker 1: Cal calseiy Kelsey please? And I will, I swear to I'm not gonna be mad at you. I promise you that I will not be mad at you. Okay, do you understand me? I promise you I will not be mad at you.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you fucking with us right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 10: I swear to God I would not mix that up. I'm single right now.
Speaker 2: Dude. Okay, hold on a second. Okay, So, so your boyfriend started fucking started sucking your grandfather is now with him? And how did that situation get resolved? Like, or rather not resolved but confronted in any way, like, explain to us that the sequence of events there.
Speaker 10: I confronted my boyfriend at the time, and he denied it and was trying to say they were doing other things that trying to surprise me what we're saying him. But then I got chamydia, dude, I that Wow.
Speaker 1: What was your relationship like with your grandfather before this happened?
Speaker 2: Very good question.
Speaker 10: We were pretty close, I mean close enough for my boyfriend to get to know him. I guess.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my you're playing chess yea oh god, dude, Okay, story to tell now?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I want to just say? I I know I'm reacting with a like incredible shock. I apologize It's just it's such an intensely unusual thing, right, No, apology is definitely your grandma. Are they married?
Speaker 10: They they are. I mean they're not actually together now, but they were married for I think.
Speaker 11: Twenty two years.
Speaker 2: Are they not together because of this? What the fuck? Dude? This is in insane, insane sequence of events.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I never found out if she got media or not.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she did. I'm sure she did get it.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, now hold on. We have to be sensitive here though, too, because, as I mean, this is something out of like an absurdist comedy, but this is also your life. I imagine this was like, oh it is okay, have you gotten as like you've gotten past the pain part or the trauma.
Speaker 10: But because this is like a it can only be so painful, you know, when someone's when your boyfriend's gay, you just have to move forward.
Speaker 2: This is about more than your boyfriend being getting way more than that, way more than that. Yeah, that's sort of an afterthought at this point.
Speaker 1: I would put that lower in the priority list of things to be thinking about in this situation. Kelsey so so so, Kelsey's so all right, tell me about your tell me about the reactions of other people in your family, your mom, I don't know if you have any siblings or you know, what what what?
Speaker 2: What is? What is the talk of the town and the other members of the family.
Speaker 10: Well, my mom said she wasn't surprised.
Speaker 2: Apparently he did. He's done things like this in the past.
Speaker 10: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Well, so your mom said that she wasn't surprised because he's done things like this in the past, apparently, Like like, what, do you have any examples of anything?
Speaker 10: I have no clue.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so wait, So it sounds like once this happened, you became somewhat disconnected in a in a sense, was that you're doing your choice? Tell us about where they because you it sounds like you're like, I have nothing to do with this anymore, Like you you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, I have no earthly idea. I have no earthly idea. I mean, what's get It's just such an insane situation.
Speaker 1: Tell us about your grandma. Are you close with her?
Speaker 11: Have you have you?
Speaker 2: Have you been checking in on.
Speaker 1: Her at all?
Speaker 10: A little bit. She's just done with the whole family, you know, she's living on her own, living her life.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm over this bullshit, this ship. What a champ man, what a fucking chip By the way, you too, what a fucking champ and your grandma too for putting up. And then also, I I do have to say on the other side of this, we have to be empathetic to all sides. Love clearly was found there in this very bizarre yeah.
Speaker 1: Way, I was wondering if I should bring that up. I was like, I'm almost am I weirdly happy for the boyfriends? I mean, I know we cheated. I guess that's bad, but am I weirdly happy that he found he found out who he was?
Speaker 2: Happy is the wrong? Happy is not the wrong, But I mean, well, well, look the situation okay, and.
Speaker 1: This guy sound crazy, Yeah, the situation kind of worked out for everybody because look.
Speaker 2: Well because look, you know, you don't want to be with it, well, because you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Be with somebody who ultimately is you know, hiding something about themselves that would make it.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, Yeah, you don't want to be with someone who's fucking your grandfather.
Speaker 1: To be with someone who's fucking your grandfather, and your boyfriend wants to be with your grandfather.
Speaker 2: So maybe everyone's kind of maybe this was good? Was this good? Am I crazy?
Speaker 10: I mean, maybe it's a good story.
Speaker 2: It's a great story, questionably a good story. Should it maybe have never? Like, would it have been better for everyone if it had never happened at all? Your boyfriend and your grandfather? And likely it's likely probably better if it had never happened at all. But I have to say, you are awesome for taking you clearly have you you have a healthy relationship with what has happened. You're you're looking at it with go ahead.
Speaker 10: Besides the commydia, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You take those pills. You get that pill on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're working on it.
Speaker 2: Take the pills to go to your fucking PCP. We were talking about lemittee on the streamline Lyles had yeah, and we when we're cure it's a curable illness. Just take a pill twice. Take the pill.
Speaker 10: Probably this story.
Speaker 2: Huh, you gotta go get that pill. It's very easy. It's a it's like a regiment. It's a little antibiotic regiment.
Speaker 7: Go do it before.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know why the h you answered that with maybe certainly have and you just take some pills and then you're good.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just reading the comments.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, people are saying some good things.
Speaker 1: Tell me what the people are. So what of the people saying are they? Are they comforting you?
Speaker 2: Or normalize chlamydia?
Speaker 10: Normalize Grandpa Steel one of the mom's boyfriends too.
Speaker 2: Now, huh, just remember because the mom was saying, like, he does this type of thing.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe when your mom was like whatever fucking like in college or something like that, maybe the same thing happened to her where like her boyfriend was stolen by her dad.
Speaker 2: Maybe he has a history of doing this kind of stuff. What's up with.
Speaker 5: Her boyfriend?
Speaker 10: Would become a step grandpa?
Speaker 2: If Grandpa could call him, this would be the most incredible sequence of events. Is it any way to.
Speaker 10: Make that happen to boyfriend? Grandmam?
Speaker 2: Do you do you have his? Wait? Actually, can I ask you? Can I ask you?
Speaker 1: Do you have your grandmother's phone number? Would you be willing to dial her in.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, that's right, she's on grandma time.
Speaker 10: Someone said, if you can't keep it in the pants, keep it in the family.
Speaker 1: By the way, can you figure this out real quick? If your boyfriend and your grand and your grandfather did get married. What what would the would you call? What would your boyfriend's title be? Step grand your father? Oh, my step grandfather.
Speaker 2: This is this is my step granddad.
Speaker 1: And my axe.
Speaker 2: Jesus, what mental just jungle jim to be climbing through here? I don't know, I mean, I can't imagine how honestly I'm I have I just have to say, because I know it must have fucked you up, and I'm sorry for that. That's that that must have been a real fucker to hear or to see, right, Oh, Kelsey, Kelsey's what would happen? Left?
Speaker 1: Let's bring it back, guy, this was an accident.
Speaker 2: I just I'm just I can't imagine what a what a fucker of a thing that must have been to see like your your boyfriend's text messages with your grand fund.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kelsey, Kelsey dropped out of an accident.
Speaker 2: But maybe she got a cover blown or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that is a total that is a total fucker Uh, very crazy stuff. Kelsey did it seem like she was no, you've you've you've been very sensitive to this issue. I feel like it's it's true. Kelsey did't seem like she was handling it very well, super well. I mean, I mean, here's here's the problem.
Speaker 2: She had like a good attitude of I don't know if.
Speaker 1: It's I don't know if it's a problem, but here's the thing. Whatever it is, it's undeniably a pretty crazy, medically pretty funny.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: It's an undeniably funny start under it's a comedic. And I appreciate so heavily that Casey is aware of that, one hundred percent agreed it's undeniable. Is the only way it cannot be denied.
Speaker 2: She's a fucking champ.
Speaker 1: She's a fucking champ.
Speaker 2: A champ just like dealing with it in a way that is healthy and good. You know she knows or she should. No Kelsey, if you're listening, it's not about you, obviously, has nothing to do with you. It has to do with some strange, perhaps beautiful love between two men of differing ages, And who am I to judge that? Really?
Speaker 1: You know what I was thinking about is because I brought up real quick. I was like, this is a good thing for everyone, Like if I'm let's say I'm the boyfriend and I'm gay and I'm not telling okay, I'm trying to think of, like what's the ethical way to like, because you feel what.
Speaker 2: You feel, and there's nothing wrong with you know, feeling how you feel.
Speaker 1: Like, what the what's the ethical way to be like, Hey, I'm going to break up with you, yeah, to date your grand because cheating is different from.
Speaker 2: Being like I'm going to leave you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if there's an ethical way to do that, if that even exists.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's no like good way to go about it.
Speaker 1: What's the proper communication involved?
Speaker 2: Just that if you're the boys had to be a cheating situation, like, there's no way that could have happened in like a formal way. Hey, Kelsey, you know listen, so we had a great run. He's hot, it's hot as fun. What do you think if I, uh, there's no good healthy way to get you just have to like do it and then deal with the repercussions, you know, you get.
Speaker 1: You can't just like.
Speaker 2: Take those dentures out and get give me that, give me those gummies. You can't.
Speaker 1: That's probably a unique sexual experience that I'm sure I had if I had to like get in his mind and be like, why would I, you know, be into you know, my girlfriend's grandfather.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it's the gums thing. It's a gums thing, or it's a it's maybe a geriatric thing, or it's a family thing. Maybe it's a family fetish where it's like he's fucking people, you know, it's like or it's just family yeah maybe, or or it could be just like a sexual discovery thing. He might be having a real revelation.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is a good What What does geriatric mean?
Speaker 2: It means elderly. It means like a scet old.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I know I couldn't even like vaguely describe what it meant before you told me just now, but I've used it.
Speaker 2: A medical way of saying old, uh, geriatrics. It's like having to do with elderly medicine and elderly people. Well, I wish Casey the best of luck and whatever comes next. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know what your dating life is supposed to look like after this case.
Speaker 2: I think I know exactly what's coming next, and well for your boyfriend at least, and I wish him the very best with your grandfather at the very least.
Speaker 1: The bar for whoever she dates nice is extremely low.
Speaker 2: That's what you know? What we should wish Kelsey the best? Yes, of course is that what you said? Kelsey?
Speaker 1: Kelsey's the girlfriend, Yes, who her the best? I wish her the best as well.
Speaker 2: Clearly her boyfriend is doing just fine with members of her family, so we wish, of course whatever. But Kelsey, Kelsey is a hero. Kelsey, God damn man, Nothing count nothing.
Speaker 1: Can hurt her now she is.
Speaker 2: She's been through the ringer. Dude, what like, top tier human being? Top tier human being. We wish you lovely sex with people who are not interested in your extended family and and and a and a good life thereforward, Let's see what else is going on. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on here. Kind of this one's kind of interesting. That's the one that I had my eye on. Yeah, you want to do this one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Stuck to Maddie from Minnesota, Minnesoeta.
Speaker 9: Maddie, Oh my god, am I on?
Speaker 2: Oh You're so on.
Speaker 1: You are more on than anyone has ever but you are at your You're on, You're on right now, right now.
Speaker 2: How's it going, Maddie?
Speaker 8: Well, Hi, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: We're two geckos never better. See the best part of the show is when you just forget the yere cam.
Speaker 8: I live on a really busy street, so if there's like a loud truck or motorcycle that goes bay, I just want to apologize to everyone.
Speaker 1: Maddie, you have nothing to apologize for. Uh. It says you're twenty one from Minnesota. It also says here that you've been feeling like your friends pity invite you to events, and that you feel as though you're a side character in everyone's lives.
Speaker 2: That's what it says here. Do you want to tell us more about that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So, for the past like year or so, I guess like nobody, like I don't know, people stopped inviting me to stuff. So for like probably like six months, I didn't like going anywhere except for work in my house. And then I moved to a new city and I go to school here and I got a job, and people at my job I ask them questions about themselves, and then that's like the end of the conversation. They don't want to talk to me about like what's going on in my life, and like my roommates will go off and hang out without me all the time and don't invite me, And I feel like I just kind of exist to say semi funny things to people and then like that's it.
Speaker 5: M Do you feel I don't know if any of that made sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does, it does.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 2: Feel like what kind of you say When you talk to your coworkers, they're talking mostly about themselves. They don't ask you much about yourself. Is that what you said?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And like they'll talk about like going to parties and stuff, and like if I'm present, they'll be like, oh, you can, like come as you want to, and then I'll go and nobody talks to me the whole time.
Speaker 1: I have a few thoughts about this, Maddie. Okay, so aside from like your your like friendships and your sort of personal life, what.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 1: Like and what do you do with your time?
Speaker 8: I guess a lot of the time, I just kind of hang out at my house. I watch YouTube a lot, I like playing video games, and I mean I'll have a boyfriend, but like none of his friends like lives.
Speaker 2: You're off.
Speaker 8: And like every time he's come to visit me here since we're a long distance right now, nobody like I'll be like, hey, let's let's go up to dinner with some of like these people that I know, and then that people just like cancel on us last minute, or they just are like, oh, we're doing something else, so I don't I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: So you just you feel like you're getting the short end of the social stick, shall we say?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What can can I ask?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What would your ideal situation be?
Speaker 2: Are are you hoping to have like.
Speaker 1: One or two like really close friends you hopen to have like be in a whole group, Like what how would you sort of describe your ideal uh communal situation?
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean in high school, I had this big group of friends and we would literally like hang out all day at school and then after school we all go to someone's house and just hang out till like ten o'clock at night, and then winch and repeat the next day. I guess I just missed that.
Speaker 1: So the reason I was talking about like what your interests are outside of just your personal life is because I.
Speaker 2: Feel like one of the great.
Speaker 1: Missions in life is to take the big, bright universe and carve your tiny little piece of it somehow, so I don't know if you're in college.
Speaker 2: Are you in college?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, perfect if I were you, And this is this is I was a bit of a loner my freshman year of college, and this is how I sort of started to build a lot of people around me and have friends and stuff. Is very I'm gonna give you some very practical shit here. You gotta start a club, not join. Start a club in relation to your interests.
Speaker 2: Whatever that is.
Speaker 1: And anything you think is not an interest you can start a club around. You actually can, whether it's a video I know you said you'd like to play video games, anything else you could possibly think of to start a club and then advertise for the club on like whatever. Let's say you go to the University of Minnesota. You go to the fucking University of Minnesota Class of twenty twenty facebook page. Type in, Hey, everybody, We're gonna be at the room two nine. I'm bringing my Nintendo Switch. Everyone come hang, you know, and I guarantee there's other people on the University of Minnesota Facebook page who are just feel in the.
Speaker 2: Same way as you.
Speaker 1: They'll come show up.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: So that's sort of the way that I always.
Speaker 1: Think about these kinds of things, especially when you're in college, because that's a good uh uh avenue. And and that's that's my like practical advice for you, because that's something you can really like go and and and do and put yourself out there like that.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I think I do.
Speaker 8: I try to put myself out there. And like my freshman year of college, I was in a single dorm room and I would go, I went up to all the other people on my floor and introduced myself, and like none of them did anything to do with me, because a lot of them knew each other already. So I think that might also be part of my problem is that, like I think people think I want to insert myself into their already established groups.
Speaker 1: So they don't want to like, well, this is why, this is why I'm telling you to start This is why I'm telling you to start a club because you don't you you you don't want to insert yourself into a group. You want to four you want to be the genesis of a new group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, what do you think, Mark? No, I like that. I mean, I think that's a good advice. I I I also had a little bit of trouble in college because I all of my friends from high school had left and so but you know, I was in like acting and so that sort of group was already sort of there to welcome me, right, it was a little bit easier in that regard. But I think, uh, do you what about your boyfriend? Is he is he open to this like sort of friendship excursion or how does he feel about you know, social gatherings and parties and stuff like that. Does he want that like you want that? Or how is you know? How what what are his feelings on that?
Speaker 8: I think he feels like pretty much the same as me, Like we've had conversations about before, and like it comes up a lot. How like you guys are saying, we think we get like the short end of the stay and like everything, like all of his friends moved to different states, Like I'm three hours away at college. You know, he has a dead end job he doesn't want to be at. And when he's he's doing because he's a student pilot, so he can only fly when the weather is like good and has been really bad for the past like four months. So he's like in the same boat as me. We just keep like feeling like we're not like getting what I feel like we deserve. I don't know if that's like entitled or arrogant for me to say, but I feel like we deserve some people that actually care about us.
Speaker 2: One hundred. Everyone does. Everyone deserves to be cared about and have people around them that love them and support them. I don't think that's it's not too much to ask or entitled at all. I think it's just a matter of it seems that you have not run into those people, because if you had, you know what I mean, they would be more that they would be happy to include you, I mean the the And so I think Lyle's advice is actually really good here and that you may have to just take it upon yourself to find an opening, you know, like you you make the thing and then and then find people that fall in there. Those are probably people that you'll you'll get along with.
Speaker 1: See, I'm always I'm always thinking about like a you know, what what can I control?
Speaker 2: What can I control?
Speaker 1: And like, relationship shit is so hard because it's like that it's all fifty to fifty, whether with relationship, friendship, whatever, it is all fifty to fifty. So it's fifty percent right. You cannot control, true, but you can control the amount of effort you put into putting yourself out there and attempting to put yourself in as many situations as possible in which other people are gravitating towards you. And that's why I like this whole start of clubs thing, because not only can you put yourself in a position where people are gravitating towards you, but also you can put yourself in a position where people who are interested in the same things as you are gravitating towards you, give it a higher percentage of it being the right people. I mean, what do you before we go, Maddie, what do you think of that idea?
Speaker 8: I think it'd be a really good idea, Like I don't I don't know if I'm confident enough in myself that I could actually like do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we are scared.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit scary, but you gotta get over that, Maddie. I wish, I wish I could send some sort of ray beam of confidence to you to get you there, But I tell you got to get there, Maddie. I'm telling you, I just want you to be able to feel empowered to take control of the situation.
Speaker 8: Just than put myself out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give it a shot, because it's really, at the end of the day, it's all just people, and we tend to overthink that we we we're all just stupid people and and and also we all really are sort of insecure at the core, and we really want a connection, love, support and validation. So you even the most confident people you know are the people that even ignore you or or like sort of passively invite you to their parties. They're insecure, They're looking for connection, they're looking for something to hang on to. So creating a group not a big leap, something you can absolutely do. Don't think too hard about it. I would say, just do it and uh and and you'll probably find that some magical ship will happen as a result.
Speaker 1: Mattie, is there anything else you want to say to me or market the computer before we go?
Speaker 8: Thank you guys for all this ad life. I definitely feel like more empowered by the end of the chat. Has been really nice to add up reading in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Have a good night, Maddie. Thank you, Maddie, thanks you too. Don't let the bed bugs bite. Have you have you had bed bugs bite you before? I feel like that's never happened, just like I just think it's a hilarious turn of phrase. Not oh yeah, they're real. In New York, it's a problem a lot of people who you know, there's there's a big habit of collecting, you know, if you need furniture, there's a lot of furniture on the street. But they will take edge and take bed But it's very real, and it'll it'll infect the whole building, will infest the whole building, I should say. But I've never had them, very lucky to never have had them. But you don't want to let them bite.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're almost you're like you're kind of like putting I don't know if you believe in this ship. I don't know if I believe in the ship. Like the vibes you're putting it out into the universe, putting. Yeah, every time after comments, you're like putting out the vibes of bed bugs coming to you. Or maybe you're like don't let maybe you're you can take them too. I think you're gonna take them to the way. I mean, they're they're fucking bugs. Yeah, you're a giant.
Speaker 2: I say it.
Speaker 1: Let the bed bugs bite, let the bikes come to me an immunity, you know. With Maddie's thing, it's uh, dude, it's a.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 1: That's a hard one because, like I, I approach everything from like a I had a hard time responding.
Speaker 2: I didn't really know what to say.
Speaker 1: I approach a lot of things from like a weird entrepreneurial thing where I'm like, fuck this, I'm taking control of this situation.
Speaker 2: I'm starting the club. That's what I And I know that Maddie.
Speaker 1: Seems like she might have issues doing that, but yeah, fuck I wish she didn't know, wish she would go on to the fucking cause.
Speaker 2: It's so if you.
Speaker 1: Really like take control of the situation, you can be you can meet people anywhere, you can go to fucking the middle of Taiwan, and you can make a whole bunch of friends.
Speaker 2: You really know how to take control of the situation. It's true, and that's something that I think probably, Yeah, you and Mattie are probably quite different in that way. It sounds like she doesn't have that thing in her that is like I'll just do you know, Yeah, how do we get that to her? I know, I thought, well, hopefully she felt it. Hopefully she felt it. I think it's a good instinct. I think if she did that, probably good things would happen in terms of friendships. But I felt so unqualified to answer because I have always been so lucky in like having friends around me, you know, friends, Yeah, I mean not a lot, but I have the ones that I do have are like real tight, real close. I've been there for a long time, okay, and I've never had trouble having those people in my life. So I just didn't feel qualified to like tell her how to do that. I don't know, I don't know. I've never been in that situation.
Speaker 1: It's hard to build friends from like just fucking scratch.
Speaker 2: That's I imagine. It is very sat I had one time like that when I lived in Paris back in the day. I moved over there and was waiting tables, and I was very depressed because I had like a couple friends. But I found it super difficult to crack that barrier and like, yeah, bring people into my life who meant a lot to me. And I didn't realize until I was in that situation how hollow that makes you feel. So I left, moved to New York, and I had a much easier time. But like, yes, it's not a luxury for a lot of people, you know, they just have to fucking deal with it. And I really don't know what the solution is. I think you you, what you suggested is a good one. You just have to, uh, like you said, you have to push past the nervousness, the insecurity and just give it a shot. Hope it works.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Else it's hard. Is like as you become an adult, it's like the.
Speaker 1: The like making time for your friends because I feel like because because when you're in high school, it's like you all see each other every day at the stupid bus stop and classrooms and whatever it is. But as you're an adult and you're just like, you know, you have to actually go out of your way to text, especially if like you're friends with people who are like in different groups, Like you don't like all of your friends aren't in the same group, right and just be like, Okay, everybody meet at this place. It's like you have to make time for this person more difficult and there's only seven days and a week times so much more n.
Speaker 2: More difficult when we think of it is. Yeah, even today now with friends who I have, who are established, who I love deeply, it's very difficult to find time for them. It's so difficult. Uh, it's I don't like that. I want more time for my relationships and my friends. I want more of that.
Speaker 1: We only have seven days a week.
Speaker 2: Gotta make that time though, that's super important. Do you do you waste?
Speaker 1: Do you waste a lot of time?
Speaker 2: Tons? Tons of time? Yes?
Speaker 1: What do you do when you're wasting time?
Speaker 2: I ride my electric Well it's not wasted time, but really, you ride your electric bike, my electric unicycle? Not a waste of time at all. I sit there high and play the piano. It's not a waste of time. No, I don't I love that you have an elect I completely glossed over this. You have an electric unicycle? I do? I have an electric The hell is an electric uni? Dude? It's the best thing. It's it's you know, the one wheels. Yeah, yeah, so it's that, But you're.
Speaker 1: It's the exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going straight, that's not there.
Speaker 1: Fun yourself up on that thing?
Speaker 4: You ever?
Speaker 2: I have I have fucked myself up pretty bad on it, but I'm a lot more careful now. And dude, honestly, there's no better way to get around New York City. I've shipped them here to LA and ridden them around because I just love it so much. You can ride with car traffic, you get you can bring it into a restaurant, no one cares. It's the size of like a briefcase. They go forty miles an hour. It's it's the best. I only learn it if you want to learn it, and if you're okay with possibly being hurt a few times. But if you're okay with that learning process, it really is like to me, it's the future, But I don't think it'll ever be beyond a niche thing because it's hard to learn.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you know the concept of minimalism. Yeah, I feel like the unicycle. That's the minimalism. That's the minimalists form of transportation.
Speaker 2: I only need one wheel. That's a single wheel, will do, single wheel, will do, single wheel is my way. Yeah, the car, four wheels, What does society come to a wheel that stuff? These quad wheeled assholes.
Speaker 1: All these wheels are capitalistic.
Speaker 2: Society is I'm a Uni wheel man, always have been, always will be.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling staminal wise? And it's kind of being a while. I don't want to, you know, I'm down to keep taking calls for as long as you're downing, and I don't want to keep you know, I don't know what your energy levels are.
Speaker 2: Like I'm chilling. I'm starting to get a little tired, but I could definitely take one or two more, Take a couple more.
Speaker 1: Take aple more.
Speaker 4: Do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds good.
Speaker 1: See what's going on on the computer.
Speaker 2: There's a couple that I saw. It's been a big day for me, but I'm really enjoying this. It's nice to uh, nice to talk to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's uh once again, thank you for coming on the show man. It's it's fun to do this with another person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good, Because I'm always in my own head about shit, it's not to have another perspective.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, I mean I agree. It's nice to bounce off each other and think about things for people and with people. It's just nice. It's humanity. It's like, I feel like when we're doing this, we have it's like the same dynamic as meeting someone at a bar and having like a serious conversation about something it is, you know, or not so serious conversation. But either way, like having like a concentrated conversation about any old thing. I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Mark, Do you feel like there's a and we can think about it for a second. You feel like there is any sort of underlying theme that's been prevalent in the majority of the calls tonight.
Speaker 2: You know, I think what it is, at least in the less well, yeah, generally, it's this feeling of unsure about what other people will think. Sure, yeah, the friendship, the relationship, the it's trepidation. It's like anxiety over and I think it's a problem that a lot of people have. Now is probably why such a large sample sizes. Is that sort of thing is like I just don't know what other people will think about this. Yeah, that sucks because like that's robbing. It's it's like almost like a confidence thief. It's like you it I I always hope that people feel good about enough about themselves too, you know, bring that sort of stuff to the table. You should feel good enough about yourself and if you don't, that sucks. You should feel better about yourself. You know you should because you there's nothing wrong with you. You know it's it's it's all about how you perceive yourself. There's nothing inherently wrong with you.
Speaker 1: I heard this quote someone and said this. You belong in every room, and you belong in every You belong in every room. There ain't no room out there you don't belong in.
Speaker 2: I love that. I like that.
Speaker 1: I remember, that's not mine. I heard that from from someone, but so true, so true.
Speaker 2: If there's anything anything that I could relate to it with in my in my current life, it would be like the imposter syndrome that I had and still have, of course for such a long time, of like, I don't belong in this job. I what I make is bullshit. What the people I look up to make is great. I don't know why they're entertaining me or talking to me. I feel like I need to prove something here. None of that is true. It's a fabrication. They like you because they like you. There's no catch. You know you are worth it. You are worth it, and and and and anyone out there that pays you a bit of mind thinks you're worth it too. And you just got to know that you know you you You gotta walk the earth knowing that that you are valuable. I can't impress that enough. It's so important, dude, because so many people feel like they're not and you are.
Speaker 1: You are, man, It's, uh, this is weird. Maybe this is uh, you know, we're both talking about being single for a while.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: Relationships, whether they're romantic or but just with friends or with family, whatever it is. It's like in your head, you're all like, there's just so many people are just like fucking weird and they have other weird stuff, and it's like it's enough to like figure out your own weird stuff. And then you bring another person in and you have to they're weird stuff in relationship with you're weird stuff. And you bring a third person, you bring your grandpa in, Yeah, and you have to figure out his weird stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's always tough, knows what that's like? You you you wanted? How are you feeling about? Let's find one final call. Let's take a finale, bring us in. Sounds great.
Speaker 1: Before we do that, let's let's check a with the chat. When we're talking. Oh yeah, last last time with the chat March makes me want to move to New York? Are you saying that you can stalk him?
Speaker 2: First of all, you should move to New York. You, you definitely should.
Speaker 1: We we were talking about this a little bit beforehand. I really want to move to New York at some point.
Speaker 2: It's the best place. I really want to move there. But all the we were also talking about this all the like, all the the the industry yep, yeah, the industry. Yeah, the whole industry is here.
Speaker 1: Is in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: The entire entertainment industry is here for the most part. I mean there's some in New York, but it's you know, ninety nine percent of the entertainment industry is here. And it's a bummer because not because La sucks. I love La. We were talking about this too. I really have learned to love La. It's a great city. But if we're talking objectively about cities, yeah, New York is better. It's a better city. Every time I get in my car.
Speaker 1: Every time I get in my car, I'm like, I'm either gonna die or I'm gonna kill somebody. That happens every time I get in my car. Yeah, I have that thought every time I get in my car.
Speaker 2: I'm like, now, wouldn't it be great if you could have that thought at another person's face. That's what it is. You can just you get it out and then it's done. We all love each other, we're all on the same level. We're on the street. Get the fuck out of the way, thank you very much. And and and everything is within five minutes of you. You don't you walk outside. The whole world is right there. It's just a better design city, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And another thing is with the cars. You can't get drunk and drive a car. No, you shouldn't get high and drive a car. But on the subway, I mean, you can do PCP and ride the subway and you're fine.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Yep, you sure can. You could. You could do some PCP on the subway. You could do what Yeah whatever, that's salt. It's still bad.
Speaker 1: I feel like bath salts are like they're very like twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like there. I haven't heard anything about of fashion. They're falling out of fashion, but I'm sure there's some some some people still doing them. We had a big old shooting on the subway this morning and oh yeah, I heard about that. Yeah man, not good. Not good. Also Gilbert Godfried, legendary New Yorker dead. Oh he was a guy. Yeah man, rest in peace, Rest in peace. Man. He dot it when he was sixty seven, too young. Life is really not that long. It's really not really not that long. That's why you have got to tell people that you love them. See if they love you back, just say it. It's too short.
Speaker 1: It's also too short not to try some PCP if you have the opportunity, if you feel like it, if it's in your bingo card, hit that shit. Someone said, my hobby's being a broke New Yorker. We're we're doing mushrooms and going to Times Square.
Speaker 2: That sounds sick. Yeah, that'd be fun. I don't know if I would probably choose time screw would be fun. Shrimps it would be, it would be. It's fun. Okay, it's fun. I haven't done them in some time, except for like a little bit, like a little micro dose. You know, people have given me a little micro dose. People are talking. I hear a lot of people talking about the micro dose. It's fine, it's sort of more. I would just rather get high honestly. But you do a lot of shrims. It's fun, it's a good time, but you got to be prepared for like like eight hours of that. It's like a it's a whole thing, it's a whole day. Okay. I would go to Times Square on shrimps. It'd be fun for a second, as long as I could get out out.
Speaker 1: I gotta, I gotta try that. I've never should I've never done. I've never done it before.
Speaker 2: Have you done like Mollie or acid? I've done ecstasy?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but never.
Speaker 2: Would you? Would you? Have you done? Necessary? Yeah? Are they?
Speaker 1: Are they in any way, shape or form similarly?
Speaker 2: I mean not really No, No, they're different feelings. Mollie is what I would suggest, the same is Molly and extra different, right, yeah, Ecstasy is usually Molly cut with an upper. It's like, well, MDMA is an upper, but it's cut with another upper. It's like ecstasy would be like Molly and coke, or like Molly and speed or something.
Speaker 1: All I remember from x what I remember for xCD is that I remember trying to make myself sad just to like see if I could and I couldn't do it? Oh yeah, something happens in your brain where you literally can't be said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had some good ship. That's that's that's what it is. And Molly is like that, but even more it's like the pure version of that. I guess you may have just had Molly. Honestly, it's it's like four hours. It's less than shrooms an acid. It's a it's a shorter trip three or four hours, and it's just a surge of right, Oh man, that's really good. Yeah, that's really nice.
Speaker 1: It's a good impression of somebody on mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've done it a few times. I can recall it, you know what I mean. It's just like this. Even the sound of you going is really nice. It's like the vibration on the palette. Every little thing feels good.
Speaker 1: When you look out into the crowd and you're doing your show. What percentage of people do you think are on drugs?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know, I was just about to say, it's actually not dissimilar to that feeling looking at if I'm having a good show, the audience is good, it's very similar to that.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think a strong a portion of the people in your audience are on drugs?
Speaker 2: I would assume a good percentage. I don't know if it's a majority. I would say probably a majority or like drunk okay, but I would say I would wager wager twenty to twenty five percent at least as a health I would wager that it's health fucked up on something.
Speaker 1: I kind of I just like secretly like hope that people who are seeing me are like, oh, Garren sucking you kind of hope that because you're like, okay, that my bar is a little bit lower here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's these people will be easier to entertain. Right, That's true. It's true, And I guarantee you. I would say this gotta be at least thirty to forty percent of people that are watching this that are for me. Oh about for a live thing? Oh on this right now? Oh yeah, we can do a poll even Who's who's fucked up in some way? Who someone just took Joe? Oh, someone took a three hundred milligram edible before my DC show. See there you go. That's a good that's a good audience member. Who's fucked up? Anyone fucked up in any way? High truck, I'm high yep.
Speaker 1: Stone drug con says they're fucked up on com.
Speaker 2: Someone's fucked up on Come right now.
Speaker 1: Sun said, I just took a bong rip high to take another dab.
Speaker 2: I haven't done a dab in a while. Missed though too. It's been a hot second. Uh yeah, yeah, pretty much everyone in the chat is.
Speaker 1: Ecstasy at your show and shedding. New guy Ivy Profien. That doesn't sound safe at all.
Speaker 2: Guys, don't rail ibuprofen.
Speaker 1: It's not a good listen at the end of the day with therapy. Gecko says, don't do drugs. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's bring it on home. Let's bring it on home, Mark, let's bring around what's going on. We're gonna take one last call for the people here.
Speaker 1: You know what we could honestly, you know we could do. These are all calls that have been screened. We could just take it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we take just take one that has been screened. Love to take a random call that sounds great. Let's take something in the queue. Hello, Hello, Hi, ho's going It's going good? How are you.
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 9: I'm doing wonderful? How are you?
Speaker 1: Man? I like this guy, and this was a good decision.
Speaker 2: That's a good ad. I like it. I like it. Tell us about that day. How's your day been? Uh, dude, my.
Speaker 9: Day's been actually great.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 9: Wait hold on, am I actually on with the GK right now?
Speaker 2: You are on with two geks, two double prizes for this man, Double GEK, baby d v d A. You know how it is?
Speaker 1: What's your name, homie?
Speaker 9: My name is Kyle Goodness.
Speaker 1: Man. We got a first ana last name. We're double prizes for both of us.
Speaker 2: Did you did you say Kyle Goodness?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 9: Okay? Yeah, so good rich like the.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 9: I'm not wealthy.
Speaker 1: That would be a sick last Goodness gracious? How do you do Kyle Goodness? That's the name of a superhero that does good deeds.
Speaker 2: You mind if we call you Kyle Goodness?
Speaker 1: Kyle just living in the fantasy that that's your name.
Speaker 9: I'd like you to call me whatever you want?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Well listen, Dan, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: With me? You know?
Speaker 9: Life's that are going great. I've been I've been putting in extra effort at work.
Speaker 2: I got a promotion, you know, wow, congratulations? Is it a big promotion? Is it a promotion that comes with perks, benefits and and the like?
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean it doesn't really come with that many perks or benefits, but it's a promotion that gets me closer to my goal.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and what and what are your goals Kyle?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 9: Well, obviously to to make more money in the long run, but uh you know, to be able to have more time at home and spend with my friends and family and help everybody else around me if they need it.
Speaker 2: Good attitude on the sky, the attitude. I love it. What are your thoughts on life? My friend? Tell us about your your general life philosophy. How do you go about your life?
Speaker 9: How do I go about my life? Oh that's that's a heavy hitter. That's a real heavy hitter. Well, I wake up, I procrastinate most things, and then I go to work and I try to do the best that I can without ripping someone's face off. And then I come back home, take a shower, drink you know a white car or too, and fucking go to bed. Man.
Speaker 1: God, I love this guy.
Speaker 2: I love it. Simple, effective, well meaning you're not you're not harming anybody, You're just doing good.
Speaker 1: This is how all advice calling shows should go. Is it to just be people who are very happy with absolutely no problems calling in.
Speaker 2: Yeah every time, Hey man, everything's good, pretty good here.
Speaker 1: It's just a person after person calling in to tell us about how great everything's going. Not a single problem to be found. I mean, you know, Ky, don't want to put that on you, Kyle. I mean, is is is anything at all going wrong?
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, of course there's stuff that's going wrong, you know, but if you've just focused on the stuff that's going wrong, like you're not, you're just gonna dwell on that, and you're not going to get anywhere, right, keep to yourself and keep going, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, because there's always however, it doesn't matter how whatever rich and whatever great your life is, if you're looking for something wrong, you'll find it.
Speaker 2: There will always be bullshit in your life. What's your relationship like with your father, Kyle?
Speaker 9: My father? Yeah, So my father wasn't really around much of my childhood. Kind of a crazy story there, you know. He used to write me letters, but then my mom would always hide them and so I didn't get to see them until I turned to eighteen. And then when I was eighteen, he accused me of sleeping with his wife, but I had never met and I had to tell whoa no, you know, and then I turned into like this whole crazy thing.
Speaker 2: It's actually wild, man, I asked the right question. You really did? Do you get so I'm assuming you don't talk, you don't keep up with him anymore?
Speaker 10: No, I do.
Speaker 9: I do, because like once I had turned past, you know, like I got the full story. But yeah, when it happened, originally I was like, bro, I don't know what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: Wow, So he was writing you letters that you never saw.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he would write me letters, and he would write my mom letters, and then my mom would just hold the letters and I never got to see him until I was older, like seventeen eighteen years old.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? What was What was the contents of these letters?
Speaker 9: The letters were mostly just about like how much he missed my mom and wish that he would have done things differently, and then on like the side note would be about how much he wished he could be were a part of my life. Yeah, I mean that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's heavy. Man. How did that make you feel when you saw those letters after all that time?
Speaker 10: Dude?
Speaker 9: I cried. I cried a lot. I cried a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm glad you've reconnected with him in some way, even though that I mean, it sounds like the reconnection part at first was a little rocky with the accusing you of having slept with his wife and shit, that's gonna yes, I said a lot.
Speaker 1: So he wrote you these heartfelt letters about how he misses you and he misses your mom, and then after the fact, started accusing you of sleeping with his wife.
Speaker 9: Yes, so something's going on there, all right, you okay, Now, I'm trying to be really positive, but you guys are striking like all of the right notes.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how deep you really want me to go into the deep end, my friend?
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, I'll go into the deep end.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready as deep as you want to go, my friend, I've got my snorkel. You can't you know what, You can't really go that deep with us? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I was, no, no, get ready. I was in middle school. This is Salem, Oregon. My mom was a drug lord. We got notified three days ahead of him that we were gonna get raided, so my mom cleaned house and got busted. I'd go to school the next day to find my dad sitting in a room with a bunch of cups at my school that he was nowhere near. Only to find out that I was no longer going to be living with my mom, no longer going to this school, and I was going to be living with my dad now that I hadn't seen in years, years, and his girlfriend. And that's how the whole thing came up with like once I turned eighteen years old. He didn't I don't want to say accused, maybe that was the wrong word, but he asked me if I slept with his wife because he wanted to prosecute her with like, you know, sleeping with a minor, and she's no, man, I don't that ever happened. So that caught me way off guard. It was just a wild show.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy how close we came to having this call without you telling us.
Speaker 2: All that, Yeah, just being like all right, God, well life is good and life is fun. Thank you.
Speaker 1: We were very close to having just a extremely surface level picture, yeah, of who you are and what has happened to you in your life?
Speaker 2: Mom, a drug lord dead coming in Yeah, after having God, damn, so I mean, this.
Speaker 9: Is a crazy not a story that most people know at all.
Speaker 1: Really, you don't tell people everything you know, you don't you not a lot of people in your personal life know this aboute.
Speaker 9: My ex wife, uh, and maybe two or three other people.
Speaker 2: Would you say that this experience or this series of experiences has shaped your positivity your positive outlook on life. Yes, I think it has or has it made it more difficult easy to stay positive?
Speaker 9: I'm not I'm not trying to like put on a show or anything. But again, like I said earlier, you can always find negative things to complain about. And really, you if you can try to be positive, you're going to see more positive things around you rather than like when you're in that negative headspace, all you're going to see is that negative things around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's true, man, It's true. I've always said that or thought it at least is that.
Speaker 10: It's like.
Speaker 2: It it's an effort, like it is work to find joy. For sure, it's work. But you really do have to do it if you want to have you know, I mean, if you want to go through this life with anything but you know, weird ass misery, you really have to work towards the positive. It's it's it's a job, it's a job.
Speaker 1: Weird ass misery sounds like exact, It sounds like a feeling that a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people are still try. It's that gray, that unknown sadness that is just there.
Speaker 1: That's if you that's what melancholy, if you have to define the word weird ass misery.
Speaker 2: Weird ass misery. So, Kyle, do you do you still talk?
Speaker 9: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like I forgive you if you said this already. We've sort of gone already on a lot of different roots here. But you still talk to your mom and your dad?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do still talk to my mom obviously. I mean I lived with my mom for ninety nine percent of my experience kind of growing up as a kid. My dad kind of came in later half in life. And then once I got to sit alone in a room and think about, like what really happened in life, I realized that my mom kind of brainwashed me to view my dad as a negative way. But I've never really got to view my dad in my own way. And so once I really sat aside, especially as I grew older, I started to realize, like, nah, he was just doing his own thing. Things happened in life and he chose a different path that wasn't with my mom. And that's okay, even though it heard it's okay.
Speaker 2: That's a very wise thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're young, I mean you're especially if you're young and your parents like going through a thing, your mom or your dad, your your your mom is gonna have a pretty uh big influence over how you view your dad because she's telling you a bunch of shit about how you should be feeling about your dad. And you're young and you're impressionable of course your mom, and of course you're gonna believe whatever she says. And then I can kind of see the feeling of like getting a little bit older and going, oh shit, I actually now that I'm a little bit more of an adult, I can go and sort of gather this information independently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for my opinion, independently, totally. Yeah, that's It's like I hear this from people for sure all the time. It's like as you grow older, you realize you just come to the realization that your parents, just like you, are flawed, broken people. Oh yeah, like that's just it. We all are. We are all flawed, broken people. But we have this thing where as children, we expect parents to be this beacon of maturity and wisdom, and you know, and it's just not the case. We're all large children and and we have to love each other despite that and because of it. I don't know, some bullshit like that.
Speaker 9: It's easier said than done. But if we can try, then.
Speaker 8: That's what matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a good head on your shoulders.
Speaker 1: Cal Yeah, Kyle, you really, Uh, this has really been a great one to top it off with. Sure has I feel like, wait, like there was like layers and layers. There's a lot of layers.
Speaker 2: It's true. It sort of encompasses all of the things we've been talking. Yeah, it really does. It really does, you know. Yeah, things to come to terms with, you know, broken sort of family lives that then are healed in their brokenness. Understanding that humans are humans, taking action, finding things out for yourself, all of that shit. Yep, you've done all of that. Kyle. You're good, dude, You're good, dude. I'm sorry. I'm so happy that you've been able to find peace.
Speaker 4: Kyle.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'm inspired by the peace you've been able to find. I hope that the other kind for any other call or any of the of the people who've called in who are like dealing with some shit where maybe we didn't even have an answer for them or anything like. I guess, I guess we can look at Kyle as like, look, whatever fucking crazy thing has happened to you, there's peace.
Speaker 2: To be found. Find a smile in there somewhere. Find a little smile in there.
Speaker 1: Kyle, is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer, to me, or to Mark, or to the or to God before we go?
Speaker 2: He's listening.
Speaker 9: I just want to say thanks, guys. I just want to say thanks for taking my call and listening to my brief but very surface level abbreviation of my story that's called life. We all have a life that's just as vivid as my own. So I know I'm not alone and neither you carry on, guys, you can make it.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have possibly said it better.
Speaker 1: Kyle Goodness, You're a hero. Take care man.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kyle Goodness, Everybody give it give it up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: What a great.
Speaker 1: And it started off innocuous, yeah, and then we dug a little bit deep.
Speaker 2: That's how it is with everybody, though, isn't it. It's like you're like, hey, how are you? Man, I'm great, I'm good. And then but everyone has that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think about that all the time when I'm like looking at someone, I'm like, what is what is your what is your ship?
Speaker 2: Everyone has it? Everyone's got it, everyone's got it.
Speaker 1: But sometimes like I don't know, Like I like, I'll like, I'm like ordering ice cream from the ice cream guy, and I'm like.
Speaker 10: What is this?
Speaker 2: Tell me more about it?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's like part of what strong this is? Your car is to figure that out from me?
Speaker 2: Man, I think think about all the time. That's you. There's a word for this. I think, what's the word. There's a word. It's have you ever seen this? Empathy? I believe is the word?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know there's this word where it's like the realization that every single person is living.
Speaker 2: Is that the word? Sounder right? It's like the it's yeah, it's like the realization that of everything, of the inherent beauty and complexity of life and everything. Yeah, sonder. Yeah, that was a very reddit thing, very reddit word. I feel like there's a subreddit for it, even.
Speaker 1: Our slash sonder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so you. Okay, So when you were going like, uh, popping off on Reddit and ship, what was what was the sub that showed you the most love videos? Slash videos? Yeah, they would always post me in and uh. I think a lot of people got sick of it though too. They were like, who's what Shill is posting this guy again? But it was just random people that were posting me show me a little bit of love. And I appreciate all of you did that it. Now I'm sitting here with therapy, get go and tour in the world, and life is good, and I think the Internet. I have the Internet to thank pretty much exclusively for that. That's true.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you wanna either plug or say or to the people of the universe before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I really want to plug. I already plugged some shit and I don't really like advertising stuff. So you can plug, thoughts, you can plug. I don't know if I could say really any better than Kyle Goodness said it. And and it's really just you must, above all try and find love and joy in your life, and and and and try and do that. By giving it to the people around you, giving it to yourself, and and and and try and do you know that's the exercise. It's not money or success, it's finding little pieces of joy. That is the thing. We will all die very soon, so just get that good stuff inside of this part of your body and then we're then you'll die, and you'll have more of that than the tragic ship and that it's the balance that's more towards that than the other stuff that's gonna make you. There's a very long winded way of just try and find happy moments.
Speaker 1: It's a very relevant thing what you're talking about, because we're always always trying to find happiness, and it's.
Speaker 2: A hard thing.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow or we're trying to find it yesterday, we're trying to find it once well we.
Speaker 2: Regret that we didn't want or maybe we should find her? How do I find it over there? Why didn't I find it back there? None of that bullshit matters. The future literally doesn't exist. It really hasn't it already happened. The only thing that actually exists is you and I sitting here right now and all of you right there watching this happen. So take a big, deep breath and find a little bit of joy just right now. Just a nice just a that's nice. It's nice. Mark revier Le, what a goddamn pleasure, What a goddamn pleasure it has. Indeed, thanks for coming, man, thanks for having me. Goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night. Goes to his eye. Who's teaching you Cloud in the life. He's not read an expert.