Speaker 1: One blade here and another one here? Can you guys mean another plate?
Speaker 2: Callie here? You do?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? We're selling the table?
Speaker 3: But why don't you remember we're having a pizza party today.
Speaker 2: Pizza party. Am I invited?
Speaker 4: Of course everyone is invited. Oyay, holp us set the table.
Speaker 5: Okay, Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Lisa is having a pizza party today. Plates are in, Snacks are on the way. What could possibly go wrong? Join the party to find out and maybe learn some pizza math along the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, the plates are set. What else do we need? I already brought.
Speaker 4: Some snacks and I washed some crunchy carrots and bamboo.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean.
Speaker 5: Salary, great teamwork everyone.
Speaker 1: The table looks good. Here, I will get you the drinks. I still feel like something is missing.
Speaker 2: I wonder what it could be. That pizza we need to order it?
Speaker 3: Okay, how many pizzas should we get?
Speaker 2: Let's get six pizzas.
Speaker 5: I think six pizzas can be a bit too much. Remember, a single pizza has a lot of slices, which we can share.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, sherry is great.
Speaker 3: Let's we have plenty of other snacks, so maybe two will be enough.
Speaker 5: I think two sounds about right.
Speaker 2: Let's order.
Speaker 3: Hi, there, we would like to order two big pizzas please?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, the toppings? What toppens?
Speaker 4: Would we like?
Speaker 2: Everyone cheese?
Speaker 1: Please make the extra cheesy.
Speaker 2: Can we add bamboo? I love bamboo?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Elliott, no bamboo, but they have spinach?
Speaker 4: Okay, I guess like spinach will do. Just no anchobies please, they remind me of our front fishing.
Speaker 3: Yes, Billy, we can add sesame seeds to one of the pizzas.
Speaker 2: Let's add some almos as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that will be two big pizzas with spinach and olives. Make it extra cheesy and no anchovies, and add sesame seeds to one of them. Please, great, Thank you, goodbye. Okay, the pizza is on its way. Let's have some starters while we wait.
Speaker 6: Yay, yoh, the pizza is here.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Young.
Speaker 1: It's not so good.
Speaker 2: It's making me a strongry.
Speaker 7: Oh dear, what's wrong? But they were going to cut the pizzas. Lisa is right, Look, there aren't any slices.
Speaker 1: Just do giant round pizzas.
Speaker 2: How are we going to share?
Speaker 1: It looks like we will have to cut it ourselves. There are five of us here and only two pizzas. How do we get it?
Speaker 2: I have an idea.
Speaker 8: We can cut the first pizza into three slices, in the second pizza into two slices. Three plus two makes five slices, one for each of us.
Speaker 5: Good man, it's a good thought, Elliott. But if you could cut one pizza into thirds or three slices, and the other pizza in half or two slices, the pizza slices will be different sizes. Yes, Billy, half a pizza is bigger than a third of the pizza.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Can you think of how we can cut the pizzas so everyone gets the same amount of pieces of equal size.
Speaker 2: That's tricky.
Speaker 4: Why don't we just cut each pizza in to five slices?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Oh, dear Cowie. That way everyone gets two slices, one from each pizza.
Speaker 2: Great idea, But there's one more problem.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm allergic to sesame seeds.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Billy says, sorry, he forgot to ask you.
Speaker 2: It's okay, Billy, My fault.
Speaker 8: I was too busy thinking what the extra cheese Cowie ordered.
Speaker 3: I know Billy can take two slices from the pizza with the sesame seeds, and Elliott can take two slices.
Speaker 1: From the one without seeds. Does that work? Thanks Billy?
Speaker 2: That works for me too, great.
Speaker 1: All this pizza mat is making me hungry. Well, all cut the pizza and we can eat.
Speaker 7: Yes, this pizza slices delicious pictures.
Speaker 5: Lingo Kids listeners, thank you for joining us for Lisa's pizza party. We had a great time eating pizza, and we saw that pizza can teach us a thing or two about math. Next time you eat pizza, cake, or even pie, think about sharing it and slicing it the way that everyone can enjoy their part.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time.
Speaker 5: Lingo Kids listeners. Some of you liked our mini series so much that you asked for another mini series, and guess what we listened. Join us this summer for a very special mini series, the Mystery of the Missing Torch. We are going to search for clues, travel to a beautiful country, ooh la la, eat real athletes, and more. Now it's your turn to guess what the new mini series will be about. Here is one clue for you. Prepare to sweat it out