Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your loaw glasses, Malone, Pete dog.
Speaker 2: Man back back like I never left it. Back from a bit.
Speaker 1: Of miatas Man. I see, man, you Internet the Internet down in Florida. I heard they the santis and ship that ship crazy down there with the Internet.
Speaker 2: I didn't have the Internet problems with like the Internet at a large scale. I just had an issue with AT and T and then issue with Exfinity.
Speaker 1: I say, Florida is getting third world country right now.
Speaker 2: My liberal told me, My liberal homie told me Florida this is going third world right now. It's so dude, Like my boy Kai from Dorsey was out here this weekend. Shout outs to Kai, and thanks for not telling me. But we had a good time. When when I caught him on his Instagram story on South Beach, you had to call him and tell him, hey, what the help. But we were going around to see He's like, man, I can't believe how cleaning this, how big, and how nice it got so much cool he was. He was amazed by.
Speaker 1: Florida is nice. I mean in Miami, the crazy thing about Miami and it fucked me up, right because this is the thing about hip hop, right, and hip hop is street urban culture, even the arts express you know, the music part of it, right is when you're listening to people talk about places and they don't tell you key ingredients that make these places really unique. Right, Like when you go to Atlanta and like you hear all these great stories about blah blah blah, this, that and the third, but then you know this, like the black homosexual population is crazy, like almost like so it takes you off goard because no rapper put that in their song like it was happening. And I don't care how many outcast albums I listen to, you know how many Tip albums I listen to, No matter how many j Z's Jermaine Dupriez, none of those albums prepared me for that culture. You know, that culture class that getting off the plane and walking through that airport in Atlanta hit me with. Well, the same thing is for Miami. Like when you leave off Collins, you know, you leave off the beach and you're driving through fucking Miami and it's like the ghetto. Soon as you leave the beach, it's like it's right there, and nobody prepares you because all you hear is about the girls in Miami and this, that and the third. As soon as you leave Collins, your ass will get robbed.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's it's it's pushed back a bit now, but yo, it's there's no medium. There's like, there's no medium.
Speaker 1: It's the phase. Is the fade? Go from hair to board instantly?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, it's it's it's not a fade, it's more like a burned scar.
Speaker 1: It's just like, yeah, yes, that's how I feel about it. You go right from Collins to trouble.
Speaker 2: That's what's so interesting. Now, we were out in this area called Winwood and Winwood if you were here an old trick Daddy's songs you know from Book of Thugs, and say that he's talking about all these neighborhoods. He's talking about Winwood when Wood is the arts, it's the party district. Now it's like hipstery and nightclubs and all that shit. It is behind over Town and on the other side of Little Haiti. It's just like you leave the designated parking area, you're into projects. You're hearing the old school Miami projects right outside the club. I cannot believe that those guys, God bless them. The police must have gone door to door and said, don't you fuck with those kids over there, because if I lived over there, it would be like turning Willowbrook into the Arts District and expecting the guys from fucking PJS not to rob every jackass coming out of the nightclub drunk every fucking Saturday atm Machine. I don't know how they convinced him not to walk over there.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's how the Hit Factory is. When I would be with Stunner, shout out to Stunner, Birdman, tune, little Wayne, you know, the whole team, cast money. But like you walk out of the Hit Factories, the Projects is across the street. No, that's in Miami, so you I don't think you've been to the Hit Factory studios yet, but Hit Factory where the studios at right across the street is the Projects. That's why they got that big ass gate up around Hit Factory like that. So, but something was on my mind. First off, no seilings, gl in the spot, doing what I do. My boy Pete back online, back blazing, and my leg is feeling strong. Still not perfect, but it's feeling wrong and we're finna get back to really showering. You know, everybody that enjoys no ceilings with a ton of episodes, fuck if they paying form, fuck what they make. This is just what we do. So we about to ramp it up like we did last year around this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we won't stop.
Speaker 1: That's because motherfuckers can't fuck with us. Yeah, motherfuckers can't fuck with us. And it needs to be understood. But I was reading something and it's weird because I never talked him to the person who posted this. And this person that posted this is a legend in the game. He's a legend in the game responsible for part of DJ Quick's career. But he says on this post, it says, hey, gang bankers and street hustlers over forty five years Oh now, I'm not over forty five years old. I'm not forty five yet. Yeah, it's gonna be a while. I don't think you got the memo. Nobody youthful cares about your snitching or he says, nobody youthful cares about your no snitching code anymore, and very few folks care about what you did in the streets in the eighties, nineties or early two thousands, knock it off and retire. We've heard all your stories. Now. I read that and it was super in scendiary sure to me, right, because there's like this really weird it's either ignorant or disingenuous message going around in mainstream America that the streets are not the streets, right, And I get.
Speaker 2: Did you elaborate a little bit on that? So give me the streets on other streets.
Speaker 1: You're hearing all of these stories right where they're like, oh, you know, the streets are a myth. Troy av that's his thing. You know, he's said, oh, you know, things happen in the streets that it's not true. The rules, you know, the gang life is it's not real. And it's like or like this particularly thing, right, nobody youthful cares about your no snitching code, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Or I wouldn't argue with anything that guy said. You could, you might not. I think it's the greatest.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just untrue. Well it's the problem with it is it's untrue, right, because so what the average person that's consuming content is getting, right is story. So they're hearing the stories of six ' nine. They're hearing the stories of this rapper, They're hearing stories from YouTubers. The streets are still the streets. If you tell on somebody outside of you should be totally ashamed. And I'm talking about really telling, not you know, not the bullshit kind of telling. I mean, like you really are informing the police on someone else's crime to get less time, you know what I'm saying, to get less time in exchange for whatever crime you committed. You know, the lack of accountability. That's a real standard thing in all criminal worlds. Yeah, so outside of you should be ashamed for being like a whole ass nigga not wanting to just personally be accountable for your own actions. Right, you may get killed most likely, Like a lot of these people were talking about, don't fragnize with the people, you know what I mean that still believe in these things. A lot of these people that people are seeing on YouTube are not in the streets anymore. And as a professional rapper, I don't hang out on the seven like I used to. No matter if I still abide the same rules or the same caught the same thoughts, you know what I mean, the same code or ethics of conduct. I You'll live by them even if I'm not hanging out. But it's another thing to believe and to lead people into saying that they don't believe that there are fucking twenty some year old kids that are running around the streets that believe that shit wholeheartedly and will blow your motherfucking head off behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. I mean I kind of look at you can see it, you know, like in larger, like a broader spectrum like all these there's like a whole trend of like YouTube pseudo celebrity former Mafia guys that snitched out of time or whatever, and they you know, kind of surfaced after twenty years of being you know, off the grid or whatever the hell, and they're like, no, now I'm gonna be you know, do a YouTube thing and talk about Yeah, I've been talking about all my old Mafia stories after I snitched my way out of getting seventeen life sentences and I got ten years this snitch and ass sure, yeah him, that other guy Francis. There's you know, it's a Chicago guy that did this. There's a lot of there's no shortage of it. I mean, you can any mob town with a family. There's got a YouTube guy. Now, sure, you know, so they're they're walking around. I wouldn't want to do that if I was active in thirty five and in that lifestyle, I wouldn't want to press that button.
Speaker 1: But well, this is the thing, right, those people are not around people of the life. And another thing, those people are also not in position or a lot of people don't know where these people are, Like, they're not they don't live in Boston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but these guys got like speaking engagements on the internet.
Speaker 1: They really don't have speaking engagements. They're not marketing, they're speaking engagements like you would think. Again, sometimes it looks a little bit more transparent than it is because rust is sure there's somebody still looking to blow Sammy the Bull's head off. They'll never forget huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't doubt that at all. I mean, there's they're old now. I mean that's and I think where I was going with it was when snitches represented one percent of the outfit. It was one thing. When everything gets federalized and penalties go from oh yeah, you do whatever, you're gonna get two years to now you do anything, you're gonna get thirty, you're gonna get one hundred of your thousand years. The percentage of snitching has grown an awful lot, you know, is there's an impact on that, on the fact that.
Speaker 1: I still think. I still think though, in any any criminal outfit, you know, because that could be the police, that could be a group of the police, all the way down to a street game, there's still gonna be very few snitches. And I think that's the confusion where it's frustrating to watch people mislead other people like this is the common conduct. And I saw another thing where somebody was telling them people like and it was weird because I was talking to one of my own boys, brother Karon, really smart brothers shout out the brother Karon got a doctorate, super smart, and we were talking about, you know, he was talking about gang life. He was like, glass as you know, man, it needs to be some kind of rules. And I'm like, he's like, you know, people don't oh bide by the rules. And I'm like, well, there are really never been rules in the gang, right, Like That's why I kind of really funny about a DP, because there are no written rules when you first jump off the porch and decide that you're going to be a part of the criminal organization that you call a gang. You don't sign a contract of conduct. You don't say here's the rules. No different than being in America, right, and the laws. You're not taught the laws. I taught the laws growing up, like you would think they would teach that in school. Here are the laws. If you break any of these laws, you're going to jail. It's kind of like these ideas, right that are like unspoken, you know, known things. I was explaining to somebody on Instagram, like even like with a DP, like, right, I was looking at somebody get DP by like seven people, and I'm like, that's not the DP. They they put you off. If they called that a discipline, you tripping. You need to be shooting at them and never deal with them again. And I was on Instagram lib and me and my homeboy was talking about it, and we were talking about ideas that can get you dp'ed in the gang. Right, And it's like this DP stands for discipline for people who didn't know, it's a disciplinary procedure when you you know, and honestly, this is my point, when you actually when you actually disappoint homies.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we did that live show for I think it was there was all kinds of people that I forgot who we were talking to. It was the one we did outside It was it was it wass chronicles. Yeah, you were talking about a story of some guy was it was locked up. It was just some fun and everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And it's funny because I remember, oh Yea had the conversation with Mab James about like me and James disagree on one particular thing about what a gangster or a gang banger is like, and a lot of g homies really feel like the only person that's gangsters is the infantry. And I'm like, that's pretty much the firstest thing from the truth on all scales. And when you think like that, you know what I mean, like you kind of missed the big picture and you're usually going to become a relic or you're gonna be somebody that's gonna be totally disappointed, if that makes sense. If you think think only the infantry is a real gang member or a real gangster, you're going to leave gang bang very disappointed or you're gonna like have a hard time it's not gonna work out for you because you gonna realize it's a lot of respect for certain people that necessarily are not part of the infantry. Why its respect is different. Like at the end of the day, street urban culture is rooted in masculinity. You know it sounds crazy, right, Pete, but you can relate because you kind of studied the mafia a little bit, you know what I mean. You know, it's about being a man. All gangsism on every street level, on every street urban level, is about being a man. Right. That's why snitching is fround the plant we've talked about. This is because you're going out like a girl, like real snitching where you tell the police because they gonna give you ten years, and you like, well not to do these ten years. I'll tell you what, Billy, did you know? I mean, that's some girl shit. Being unaccountable is considered a woman. You know, we created that space, like we always say women to be unaccountable. So that's why it's frowned upon. It's frowned upon because it's unmasculine to not be accountable, right it ghead.
Speaker 2: I will say, it's you know, the dynamic always kind of centers around reinforcing a hierarchy of masculinity and respect, you know what I mean. So if you're up here, you think you're up here, and you do something down here, you're gonna physically get put down here. It's like, oh, you want to be at the bottom, We're all physically put you at the bottom. You have something stupid in incarceration, they're gonna physically correct you, you know, saying anywhere else, because that's that's where the respect really, I think, kind of rests upon. Is the physical more so than like, oh we're going to take you the civil court over this.
Speaker 1: Not sure? Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. And it's it's a bit primitive, it's very primitive.
Speaker 2: But it's the most efficient.
Speaker 1: It's efficient, and it's the way it's conducted at the lowest levels. Excuse me, lowest that's the wrong word. Lowest levels, the lowest financial places in life and the wealthiest places in life. Everybody has the same mind state between those the bottom and the top economically. So the point I was making was it's so many people that are YouTubers, that are content creators, and that are even rappers that are masking what's really going on. You know what I mean, because they're not a part of it. So it just bothers me when I hear shit like that. I was listening to a dude like back to Brother k Ron and he was telling me, he was like, yeah, ge, you know, man, you know it's no rules, and I'm like, there never were rules, like you don't sign a contract when you get put on, you know, even the the DP part of it. Like I said, That's why I always struggle with it, because it's like nobody sit you down and say, here are the rules, because you know what, the fucking cornerstone rule of all of this shit is, be a fucking man. Yeah, in the most primitive sense, if a motherfucker go disrespect.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: Kick his ass, or at tend to kick his ass. If your friend you know where to get your DP running out on the squabble, if your homeboys are squabbling with some other guys, you know what I'm saying, and you run out, that may get you disciplined. There's no rule that says you have to fight, right, there's no rule, but if you don't, you, as a man, you're frowned upon. Right.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think that comes back to a very foundational definition of what it is to be a man. Like I've said, you know before, kind of touch and go. Like men are producers and women are consumers. You're supposed to leave more at the table than you take from it, so to speak. In the bigger picture, if you're running around taking more from people around you, then you're giving to the people around you. There's not a long, you know, long rope for that. Eventually, that's that's going to expire pretty quickly, matter what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot. I like that a lot. Pete, you've never been a gangster, but don't some of these same rules apply to you as a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I've been around a lot of that kind of different communities. I've been around, you know, gangsters for twenty years. You know.
Speaker 1: Let's say you're not around gangsters. Let's say it's you and you don't really got a lot of the times. But let's say, hey, it's a tie sence. You guys start kicking tie ass like a regular white guy from.
Speaker 2: Okay, honey, that's that's yeah, that's that's everybody I knew before I was probably twenty years old, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, right, So let's say you and Todd, right, because you and Todd and two guys start kicking todd ass. What is the civilian way to deal with that?
Speaker 2: And what's funny is you just what they call the police?
Speaker 1: Why he's getting his ass?
Speaker 2: Well, no, you gotta get in there. You kind of gotta get in there. It depends kind of also, because situations like that don't tend to I wouldn't say recur, but they're not going to create a cycle, you know what I'm saying. So, like, if Todd gets too drunk at the bar and mouths off and throws a drink in some girl's face and his boyfriend, his boyfriend friend go and beat the shit out of him, and you know that that's exactly what happened, You're gonna, you know, keep an eye on it, make sure Todd doesn't get killed in the back. But Todd, you asked for that one.
Speaker 1: Todd.
Speaker 2: I'm We're not all going to fuck up our careers because you're an idiot. Okay, you wrote that check what if?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So what if Todd there's a drink in somebody's face and three people started to kick his.
Speaker 2: Ass, whatever the number is, you just got to kind of make like it's funny, this is weird. This is a very very similar situation happened with me probably the last time. I was in our mid twenties or something like that and went out for drinks and Newport with my friends from high school. Everybody was wasted except for me, because I had to drive off the peninsula and it's like a gauntlet of dui traps to get off of there. So I was like, I'm not sure so, which is bizarre, because I mean, a n driving.
Speaker 1: Is a miracle.
Speaker 2: But for whatever reason, that night, I wasn't gonna take a drunk.
Speaker 1: It was no day, this was your day.
Speaker 2: So we go to this thing and somehow I think I'm not somehow I know how, but there's a handful of people down there that like perceive me as being like adjacent to like the criminal underworld. So like one of my friends got in started some shit, and there was four of them, four of my friends who were trashed, trashed, and then like five or six other guys who wanted to just smear their faces in the parking lot. And two of those guys, the other guys knew me, So I stood in the middle of this thing. Tried to my friends couldn't defend themselves. I wasn't gonna fight six guys over these idiots, so I've tried to make sure that this doesn't really go down with that. These guys are oh oh, bro, bro, I didn't know it was zoo. Don't get mad at me, and I'm like, I don't even like you, like we're not friends. Just I just want these guys to leave. They can't hardly walk. So I look around and no one touched me. One guy had my friend and the headlock hit him in the head. I grabbed the dude. I throw them on the ground. He didn't touch me. Another guy's touched me to the face. I grabbed him through him. No one touched I know. I was the only person that didn't get touched. It was the strangest thing in the world. Everybody got hit in the face two three times. No one put a finger on me. It was bizarre. I don't know what to make of it. And then and then the security came, and of course security then goes and grabs me and nobody else but me, and some old lady who owns the bar ran up behind me and grabbed my shirt, and I turned in like swung, and I swung across the arms of the old lady who grabbed my shirt, and then everybody spazed out of me, of course, but nothing really happened. We all made it out of there.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone's crazy going on? Would you do that? One? Fucking peete bro?
Speaker 2: So, I mean it kind of depends. There's a there's more of a long play mentality like where I grew up, you know then, maybe more so than when you where you grew up to to that degree, and because you know it has to do with with degrees of potential risk. You know your your risk is going to be greater in the short term. You know you do let's should get out of hand of the short term and what it's that's there's not going to be a long term. You do something stupid and Newport, Yeah, you're gonna get a shiner. What you're gonna get if a nose busted open, that's as bad about as bad as probably gonna get it for you. But you fuck around to put something on your record. Now you aren't gonna be on the bar, you aren't gonna be a lawyer, and now we're gonna be selling insurance and making that ten ten cents on the dollar what you were previously supposed to be making. That's gonna fuck up your whole life. So it's it's it's a different calculation.
Speaker 1: Sure so, but the original point the idea right where let's say, if let's say is you you're the dump one. You flirt with a girl.
Speaker 2: This is very f You just flirting with the girl.
Speaker 1: Because it's sure something you can relate to, right, You flirting with a girl. You Todd Jim, Jim tie Jim over there, dragon, You flirt with the girl, the girl on you. Her boyfriend comes up. Boyfriend comes up with the home irrational upset see you talking to us? Girl, they start kicking your ads. Yeah, they get on. Yeah, they're kicking your ass.
Speaker 2: Where am I?
Speaker 1: You're at a bar?
Speaker 2: Where is this bar? Uh?
Speaker 1: Let's say this is and who would I be in with?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm down there? Okay, Huh, I didn't know what I'm annoying. I'm annoyed yet.
Speaker 1: So you're a Huntington beat So you're not you're not in the home stronger grounds a Newport, But you're a Huntington beach, right, But I'm not with my plea people that yeah, you with your people like nineteen eighteen year old people, but y'all grown. Yeah, and Todd Jim is your guys. And these three guys kicking your ass because you was talking to this girl. You didn't know this was this guy's wife. So you're talking to this girl. They come, they kicking your ass. If Todd and Jim don't help you, are you guys still friends?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want them to to me personally, I'm saying, So let's say they don't help, they better not help me.
Speaker 1: Are y'all still friends?
Speaker 2: Yes? Did they make that mistake?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I made the mistake. I'm not going to have them fuck off their career that they worked hard for for thirty years of their life to attain because I fucked up at a bar drunk. That's my problem. I have to write that check.
Speaker 1: Not sure, but all three of the guys kicking your ass.
Speaker 2: I don't care if it's fifty of them. I wrote that check, not them.
Speaker 1: And I guess that's where it's different. Because we had a bottlegl fuck what you did, We're gonna be squabbling them? Yeah, No, I think And and maybe that is where maybe and maybe that's the greatest part of this conversation, because that's really what separates underworld life from on top.
Speaker 2: Of that and and and yeah, that's the point in underworld life. It's probably underworld people to deal with them like that. Again, those three those half doesn't whoever the hell smears my face up and down the parking lot outside of that bar. Because I talked to that girl, I don't have to deal with them anymore, not in a meaningful way.
Speaker 1: No, I agree totally. I definitely have said ample times. Your reputation is how you earn and survive where we're from, right, where I'm from, right, So I get it. But so the rules are different. But I'm trying to see how different are they anywhere else? Like, would you consider a friend somebody who let you get your apt Let's say you didn't do nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: If we were all nineteen or out of high school and it's you know, or you know, like the guys from the football team, would ever go out and get into a maine with the guys from the other football team at a house party, you know, and after school that's out in summer. Yeah, you're probably not gonna just be cool if you let that happen, it's gonna be a okay big so.
Speaker 1: At least ya wouldn't be cool, kind of be like crazy, Okay. I think that's what makes street urban culture what it is. Right, you don't have a regular set of morality in the mainstream world when you don't have church, Like all morality is created by a legal president or religious president. Is that fair to say? Like the laws determine how far you can go, or a religious instruction or a religious discipline instruction tell you how far you can go. Well, the street urban culture kind of creates their own thing right where you have to be down with your homeboy even if he wrong. Now, don't get me wrong. If my homie go talk and shit just and niggas, you know what I mean, two guys and they start a fighting, they start getting as I'm a jump in and help you, you know what I mean. Now, later on in the hood, we might have a problem later on. Me and that dude might have a problem later on because he didn't got me in some shit and got me into a fight. But at that specific moment, this person means enough to me to where I'm not gonna let y'all do anything to him, just an.
Speaker 2: Is there a component of this where, let's say, if it's your only dealing with guys from the seven and only deal with other guys who are like put on someplace else where, it's a bad reflection on Seventh Street crypt in general, Like, you can't have that the perception be that anybody or whoever from over there can goop by somebody else. You have to protect that brand.
Speaker 1: Have them. That's the cornerstone. It's the reputation of pride of ego because poor people, that's all you have. So everything you earn is off of just that alone. Like people pay your debts back based off of what you will do to them. They don't. They don't pay your debts back because they're honorable. I just had this conversation with someone. I can't remember who it was, but I'm like, I don't act the way I'm acting because it's reciprocal, you know what I mean. The crip in me is not that person because it's reciprocal. It's because this is how everybody else is. I'm need because of how Olivia raised me. Right, So even let's pull it out of the rim of gangs and bring it back into just living right, how I interact with women. I treat a prostitute in a nun the same exact way if a prostitute was coming into a restaurant.
Speaker 2: I hold, oh, I didn't know if that you treated nuns like prostitutes or prostitutes like nuns.
Speaker 1: Or they all get treated the same, you know what I mean? On the meats, on the getting out right, it's like, you know what I mean, Like I would hold the door open for a nun or a prostitute, like they're the same. I would hold the door open because it's not a representation of who they are. It's a representation of who my mama was, who Olivia was. But I realized the type of intellect and discipline that that takes and requires to happen. And I also understand that most human beings don't operate in that space. Most human beings operate in the reciprocal space, you know what I mean, where it's like I'm gonna treat you how you desire to be treated, or I'm gonna treat you how you treat me. See, I'm the exact opposite. Even as a gang member, I'm not gonna treat a homie how they treat me. I'm gonna treat you how I treat anybody else I'm gonna treat I think I'm gonna treat the most markets person and the hardest person exactly the same until either one do some shit to me, and then the hardest nigg gonna have to prove you the hardest nigga, and then the markets nigga gonna actually have to get some guns because either way, if they violate me, foriman, we got a problem.
Speaker 2: Sure, I would say that to a large degree, most people are governed by deterrence micro and macro. You're not so much governed by deterrence. You're governed by your own personal standard. Because deterrence is I mean you, I'm sure on a given day you there's not enoughing. You'll dieveris you'll go to jail for this. Those are the deterrence if you don't care about those things and you're doing what you want.
Speaker 1: To do well being black in America and be a street in America, right, because it is they they're not the same. Because this is a whole bunch of Irish people. I tire people the street feel me. It's a lot of motherfucker uhuh Chicano Latin people streets. So being black and being street, I've realized something that makes me unique than a lot of people in America as well. The quality of my life is more important than the preservation itself. That's one thing that I really believe is the cornerstone to street urban culture or gang life, or whatever you want to call it. The quality of life is more important than life itself, than just the preservation. And I noticed that that's not common. Like we were me and the homies talking about the stuff that happened with Kodak Black and and Takashia, and they was like, oh, you know Glass, he paid him a million dollars. First off, that's just not true. I don't want to get into that. That's just not true. I don't give fuck how much bullshit they gonna put up. It's just not I just know the business well enough to know that that's not what you would pay, right. I don't care what it is.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But another thing that was important was to listen to people rationalize it and them just saying, like another guy tells, me, oh, well, you know, I don't care about street at street politics, and I'm like, this is not about street politics like this is about men being men, you know what I mean? Like and and the more I listened to him talk, I realized he didn't have a backbone, like he would suck a dick to stay alive. And that's to me how I feel like, Pete. I don't think you are no gangster. I do think there's a bit of outlaw in you. I don't think the law determines And I think even most what people referred to as conservative people, there is a greater sense of law. There is a really simple list of laws they fuck with and everything else. It could be whatever.
Speaker 2: They're very like real I'm like half conservative. People that are like really conservative are very very much they operate in a very strictly defined space because yeah, they very much respect the law, but they also very much are biblical people, so they respect that law too. So they're operating in a confine of layers of laws that they respect and attempt to adhere to their best ability all the time. It's a very restrictive mind style.
Speaker 1: It's funny because you're restrictive for me, and it's crazy because the way society is set up, because you would think liberal people would be the more adherent to rules and standards, and it's like no, Like, it's the exact opposite. Conservative and Republicans are more adherent to like rules and standards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, liberal people adhere to rules and standards when they have power and they're in charge and they're writing the rules.
Speaker 1: Do they then still?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think they make the rules as they go. That's kind of the whole point of liberals, like, oh, every day it's a new rule because it might need to change. And it's like, well, I think the standard of life should stay the same. I think I think, no matter what's going on, we should keep the same standard. You know what I mean of living? I don't. It's like people dying because somebody is using a gun does not mean the solution is to outlaw gun. It depends on why the gun was created, what was the gun for, why was the gun ordained? If that purpose is no longer being served, I understand the rule change. True, But back to the point, should I lost my damn train of thought because motherfucker rules people? And uh oh okay, so yeah, I would treat it none and to prostitute the exact same way. So forth a song, So it doesn't matter to me, Like I realized people don't. So you need to shape society into a moral place for most human beings to have morals, Like I never thought in a million years, bro, Like I remember, I never had a problem with like the alphabet mafia, that movement. I'm like, it makes sense for me, I got it. I always thought liberally, like, oh that makes sense, you know what I mean, Like, shouldn't nobody be killed because you know, shouldn't nobody be discriminated against because of their sexual preference. I'm thinking like life and death, you know what I mean. I'm like, yo, I don't want to see nobody die because you know, like some guys sleeps with guys, you know what I mean. Like that ain't the solution. But I didn't mind the actual campaigns. I was like, okay, you want to make people more comfortable with it. Like I saw growing up, you know, people dying of age. My mom took care of termally ill patience, and at that time, you know, people really had aids, like the real aids, not the New Age, but like the real aid where you get them silver dollars sores, oh your body. So I met a lot of gay people in Beverly hills and really nice places, white people dying. So I always had like, I never thought of a gay person, it's different. I just thought that was just who you was fucking right. But I realized other people would pick on gay people, so I got it. But now sometimes I look and I'm not sure. And the only reason that is is because where the human condition is right now, Like I genuinely think there are people acting like they are gay to have people concerned and to feel like people care about them, to be relevant in other people's life. And there's nobody. You could have told me that somebody would act like they take a dick to be down.
Speaker 2: That's that's a that's a tough one. That's a that's a big ask. Yeah, and it's like it's a big as. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I know it, Wow, I know it. Wow, I'm sure like I know people, Oh who are.
Speaker 2: I think that bud light guy like moved to Europe and looks like not so much like a girl and more is like yating a chick. I guess I think that's that's true. I have to have to verify that if you have.
Speaker 1: The economic if you have the economic means, you can push your agenda through whoever people and people are. And it goes back to that conversation about like a Kodak doing a song with Takashi. It goes back to that, right cause it's like my issue with that whole thing was like, we're watching this guy right slowly show you like, oh, yo, he goes to these countries and these countries don't have black people, and you could tell that they don't care that he told on some black people, or in their mind they're like, oh, okay, you know what, you know there are criminals and he wasn't. And it's like the only reason you think he's not a criminal is because he's like you know what I mean, Like, if you look at his history, he's obviously a criminal. Like he understood it. He just knew that people didn't care about black people. So you show somebody that's pretty much at this point exploiting people that look like you. So when he said, hey, would you do this verse that stuff for way more than just hey, working with somebody who's unaccountable. It's the equivalent of a man saying, hey, can I fuck you and ask for a million dollars and then you feel like, well, I got a million dollars and you showed it to everybody. But it's like, yeah, like that's how it is. It's like, oh, like it's like money is not the ultimate solution. Money is not the ultimate goal. And that's what I think is getting lost in this world. And it's crazy because when you think about books like the Bible and different ideas, they talk about this time where money becomes so important to human beings, not even for a read, not even for a reasonable means of just staying alive, because just to having excess, to feel like they are special, because they are tainted. Because Kodak Black is not somebody who really needed a million dollars from Takashi. Now I'm not saying Kodak Black can make a million dollars standing on top of his head, but Kodak Black is in Yeah, he can pretty much put together a run. So there is no reason I could see if he went paid some new rapper coming up out of Watch that was a real nigga out out of the nigger sins and he didn't have ship. Okay, I get it, you already got some money. You just wanted to stand no matter how he put it, you just wanted to stand and even like when I look at the whole scene, it's like the belief is you're like there's a group of people on the internet like they're lying from the campaign against the street, except they're all posing like their street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny. You know what, what would be interesting I would love to see if you could call here figure this out, like invest in afternoon in this for me. I want you to make whatever phone call you have to make to get the number to make whatever other phone call you have to make, so well you can do a compared and contrast, because I am willing to bet right now that sexy read the self professed prostitute would not do a sault with the Kashi six for the Moneywell god, and that's St.
Speaker 1: Louis.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that shit.
Speaker 1: Man, because at the end of the day, motherfuckers really know, even if they can't articulate, what's their problem with somebody really snitching. It's a deep down thing when you just look like you. Even the police police be like whole ass nick Like nobody likes a motherfucking man who doesn't want to be accountable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ever see the guys like uh Verse forty eight when they're talking to the shooter and he cracks, they're like high fiving and shit. But then when they're talking to like the shooter's friend or the shooters and crackship but the snitch like sold them out, they all go the hallway and start laughing hysterically. They're not high fiving the same way. They're like, get here. They slam the door, bursting hysterics by the water cooler.
Speaker 1: Nobody respects it, and just somewhere along the line has been painted like it's just black. And that's my problem with that post. But that's also my problem when people talk about hip hop. Hip hop is street urban culture. I get it, and I promise myself I wouldn't say this publicly, but it's bothering me. It's too much. There's there's a space in Black America where people are ignoring the influences of street urban culture from Jewish people, from Italian people, from Irish people, and from Latino people into the shape of this culture or into all street urban cultures. It's the reason why every motherfucking hood or every gang got a capone that is not that's not a name that just you just made up. That's that's the motherfucking person obout.
Speaker 2: Like fivepers Gotti in their name, and so yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: A reason why Gotti isn't everybody's name. And it's just intellectually lazy and disingenuous to act like you don't recognize everybody else contribution to it. And and that's how I feel about this whole conversation even with that, like he specifically is catering that to just Black people, like the street life only belongs to us. And then you'll have people that will say, well, I ain't worried about nobody else. Well, if you're not accepting that this is a human condition of poor people around the world, then you're just not really And this is what I was telling Karan, brother, Karan, If you're not accepting that this is a condition for poor and oppressed people around the world, they're doing this shit everywhere, right, then then we're not having a really intelligent conversation. We're like, how do we solve one problem when this is everybody's problem? Or why is it just our problem when it is everybody problem? Like I hate that rhetoric that you know, black people, I don't what I don't like about gangers. You know, they don't target anybody, only black people. Well, Russia is targeting Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you can go back through history as far as stitching goes. You see that anytime that there's a resistance against an oppressive governing body, whether it's on the rise or on the fall, and they try to shake out, you know, their opposition, there's there's always gonna be degrees of strength among men and people who will sell out. You know, there's there's your Oscar Schindlers. Then there's the other, the other opposite person who says no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: You know what you know, the opposite of Oscar Schindler is George Soros's father. Wow, there's Schindler, or there's Sorows. Oh, I don't see any Jews here. I'm just running my train train full of Jews getting out of the you know, the gas chamber from Hitler or whatever Schendler's doing. We'll give you a million dollars. You can points to some Jews. Oh, thank you for Sorows. So they're over there at Schindler's absolutely, Now where's my check?
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because you think about it like if if if the law is your reasoning, Well, that's the same reason why people total lot of slag rebellions. Those slag rebellions were they were they were pretty much rated out by snitches. Dude who's on the plantations, Like, well, y'all breaking the law, and it's like, god, damn, you know what I mean. Like, like, I don't think nobody would be upset if you if you told the police on somebody murdering a four year old kid. Like if some guy murdered a four year old kid and you murdered a four year old kid and there's no movement exactly, nobody would be like, are you snitch as you told them? You know what I mean. Like niggas would be just like, damn, you know what I mean, You're you'll turn your back you because nobody all that guy snitch. If you were raped the girl, If you raped the girl and you called the police on your homies, you know what I mean, that was raping a five year old girl, nobody's gonna call you a snitch.
Speaker 2: No, they might be like, why did you just shoot him?
Speaker 1: But it's just you know what I mean. But but the point of being an outlaw is to handle things outside of the law. Yeah, out law outside of the law. So I think that expectation is just a lot for human beings to understand that lives their life within the law. But I'll be thinking some of this shit is so standard, Like I get what you're saying, Like, let's say you wrong in that situation, right, and that guy jump on you for trying to talk to his girl with his friends, and your homies don't help. Right, they don't help you because you was wrong. But what if you weren't wrong? What if they just start kicking your ass because it was kicked pete as day, I don't like your favors and they just start kicking your ass. I would expect I would hope you would expect your friends to help you. Maybe it ain't no got the greatest hands, you know what I'm saying, But I would hope that you would expect your friends to stand up with you. And I think that's the.
Speaker 2: Just do the right thing, you know what I mean, Do the right thing, Let the right thing, Let the right thing be done. I'll say that I'm what's the.
Speaker 1: Right thing at that point? Like, would you be bad at me if two guys was kicking your ass and you was wrong and I helped you. Glass, I'm not fucking you just going to throw your life away from helping me. I hope it is way for.
Speaker 2: You and your family. I'd be pretty damn disappointed you be like, all the fuck you do that. I've had that one coming. I had it coming to me. Why the fuck do you funk over the people close to you like that? They rely on you. I'm a ship throw out.
Speaker 1: That's this is a really interesting conversation right here. You know what I mean because my brother, my younger brother, I respected him, but he got a lot of homeboys out of the situation that he got him in, and he got him out of it by being accountable. And so again it's still rooted than masculinity. Even your stands is you know, both of our stances is right. My stand is right for helping you because I'm your friend and I'm a man, and I'm like, you're not going to jump on my friend because I have.
Speaker 2: To contribute, take and I don't want to take more than I contributed to the situation.
Speaker 1: But what if you're not wrong? What if it's just kick pete as day?
Speaker 2: If that's what I said, then then what's right should be done?
Speaker 1: I mean, then what's right as I jump in and make sure that they don't get your.
Speaker 2: Ass to that, right, that's that's the just thing at that point. Yeah, that's the just thing because because then because then they're the wrong doers. If I'm the wrong doer and their justice, don't fight justice. If they're the wrong doer and we're justice, we gotta fight them.
Speaker 1: Good looking out for tuning into The note Seller's podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. I produced by my homeboys A King for the Black Effect Podcast Network and now Hard Radio. Yeah.